We miss you Scottie, I hope the new album comes out soon. :peacelove

-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.scott-stapp.tk

The Lithium
06-03-2005, 08:00 AM
That's VERY old!!!

MissSeeker
06-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Is it...I just found it so I thought it was new. Nevermind then. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MissSeeker
06-03-2005, 09:36 AM
By the way, does anyone have any news about Scott's love life? :wub:

TeriB19
06-03-2005, 10:39 AM
I would imagine Passion Breeds Followers has more info about Stapp and his personal life than we do here. We don't get much new info as he seems to have been fairly elusive over the past almost 2 years.

Trimontana
06-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Very old news...we had this topic ages ago..this is the link
StappLetter (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8963)
Check before post a new thread :smokin:

MissSeeker
06-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the link. ;)

Too bad we don't get to know who the girl is that inspired him to write

The comfort of your arms around me
Your tender hands caress my head
I lay beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love

:cloud9: :stapp: :luv:

titan9
06-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Actually, I think he wrote that about Christ. He's said that the song "Relearn Love" was inspired by his spiritual journey over the last few years and how he's now refound his faith. Of course, he MIGHT have written it about a girl, but I see it more as being a religious song than a love song, lol!

MissSeeker
06-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I think the first part is about Christ and the second part about a woman.
Especially this part:
Your tender hands caress my head
I lay beside you I'm not worthy

titan9
06-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Yeah, it's open to interpretation, really. Just like the Creed lyrics were. I think the second part is still about Christ, but I could be totally wrong.

Ana4Stapp
06-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Well, I recall Stapp saying he wrote this song about Christ and not for a woman. ;)

titan9
06-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I believe he said that in the interview where he acknowledged that he is a Christian.

MissSeeker
06-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Maybe you're right. But he said the film inspired him to reanalyze the way he loves in general. It isn't logical to me that "I lay beside you" is about Christ.

titan9
06-03-2005, 03:39 PM
True, but he could be talking in a spiritual sense, not necessarily a physical sense. I'm not sure, but that's the way I interpret it.

The Lithium
06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Scott's love life? :wub:
Nope, he's all yours! Go for it girl!

The Lithium
06-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Passion Breeds Followers has more info about Stapp and his personal life
They have actually changed their name to www.Scott-Stapp.net

Ana4Stapp
06-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Well, I'm confused: PBF, scottstapp.net, friends of scott stapp? what's the difference? I think they are the same...maybe I'm wrong... :confused: :confused:

Frankie
06-03-2005, 08:38 PM
They have actually changed their name to www.Scott-Stapp.net

Just to clear up any mis-understanding.
Actually...no we haven't changed our name.
We recently purchased another domain name Scott-Stapp.net so we will have more room to host videos, etc.
Every link on the one page that Scott-Stapp.net is now...takes you directly to passionbreedsfollowers.com
We have been, and will always be www.passionbreedsfollowers.com

FriendsofScottStapp.com is Scott's personal web-site and is not connected to passionbreedsfollowers.com or Scott-Stapp.net.

Ana4Stapp
06-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Just to clear up any mis-understanding.
Actually...no we haven't changed our name.
We recently purchased another domain name Scott-Stapp.net so we will have more room to host videos, etc.
Every link on the one page that Scott-Stapp.net is now...takes you directly to passionbreedsfollowers.com
We have been, and will always be www.passionbreedsfollowers.com

FriendsofScottStapp.com is Scott's personal web-site and is not connected to passionbreedsfollowers.com or Scott-Stapp.net.

Thanks, Frankie. ;)

tremonti4life04
06-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Frankie, have you heard anything at all about stapp lately? I mean, besides the whole dinner thing, that was Meaningless, and rightfully named in the thread, but anything other than that, i figured that you are the authority on all things stapp.

MissSeeker
06-04-2005, 06:02 AM
:D :D lol Litium I don't believe Scott is single, even if he was the chances of meeting him in Holland are very small, otherwise I'd probably become one of those fans that follow him around. ;)

The Lithium
06-04-2005, 07:38 AM
FriendsofScottStapp.com is Scott's personal web-site
Wait... He has TWO official websites? FriendsofScottStapp and ScottStapp.com?

The Lithium
06-04-2005, 07:38 AM
:D :D lol Litium I don't believe Scott is single, even if he was the chances of meeting him in Holland are very small, otherwise I'd probably become one of those fans that follow him around. ;)
Yeah, sounds fair, be his groupie! :D

Frankie
06-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Frankie, have you heard anything at all about stapp lately? i figured that you are the authority on all things stapp.

LOL T4Life...I don't think that's true...but you managed to start my day off with a smile...thanks for that.

Just that things are still on track for the Aug/Sept release with the single *about* 8 weeks before the album drops. We haven't really heard anything "new" since Scott's visit to Wind-Up a few weeks ago. As soon as we hear anything official we'll get it up for everyone.

Wait... He has TWO official websites? FriendsofScottStapp and ScottStapp.com?
Lith - ScottStapp.com is Wind-Up's site for Scott, and I guess, will be similiar to the sites they have for all their other artists...FriendsofScottStapp will be Scott's personal site...I really don't know how to explain it any better than that. We are curious to see what each site will come up with.

Thanks, Frankie.
You're welcome Ana :)

titan9
06-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Whoa, so that means the single COULD be out as early as THIS month? That's exciting. I'm really looking forward to hearing the first single. That should be a preview of what's to come.

uncertaindrumer
06-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Hmmm... If I know WU, they will pick the worst song off the whole album, cut it down and make it even worse to fit on the radio, etc.

But maybe since most of Stapp's songs are going to be more radio friendly and softer (presumably) they won't have to pick the worst song off the album.

tremonti4life04
06-05-2005, 09:05 PM
LOL T4Life...I don't think that's true...but you managed to start my day off with a smile...thanks for that.

Just that things are still on track for the Aug/Sept release with the single *about* 8 weeks before the album drops. We haven't really heard anything "new" since Scott's visit to Wind-Up a few weeks ago. As soon as we hear anything official we'll get it up for everyone.

You're welcome Ana :)

Always glad to make someone smile. :)

But, As for the album...Id have to say that the single may drop only 2 weeks before the cd. Simply because of the Internet. I see us having the album, if the release date doesnt get pushed back, 6 weeks before it comes out on the store shelves. I had seethers new album 3 weeks before it dropped, and Audioslaves new album 4 weeks before it dropped. lol

And NO, i wasnt the one who pirated them!!!

Dogstar
06-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah, same with NIN. I had theirs three weeks before it came out.

titan9
06-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Hmmm... If I know WU, they will pick the worst song off the whole album, cut it down and make it even worse to fit on the radio, etc.

But maybe since most of Stapp's songs are going to be more radio friendly and softer (presumably) they won't have to pick the worst song off the album.

Yeah, I'm really interested to see what direction Scott has gone in. I think, no matter what, I'll probably like what he comes out with, so long as it isn't Rap or Hip-Hop(chances of that happening are slim to none). Stapp is one of my favorite vocalists and he has made me a fan to the point where, even if he releases something that is hated by critics and gets horrible reviews, I'll still buy it and have an open mind to it.

I'm thinking his solo CD will be somewhat similar to Creed, music-wise, but with little to no solos(disappointing for a solo fan like myself) and a tiny bit softer(don't mind that, but would like for it to be harder). I still think it'll be stuff suitable to be played on Rock radio(because, if Hoobastank can get Rock radio airplay, why can't Stapp?), but somehow I think that it won't be played on Rock radio no matter how Rock-ish it is. I just think, because Creed became so radio friendly, that Stapp has worn out his credibility on Rock radio. I can see Stapp having a huge amount of success on Pop radio, but I can't see him having a bunch of success on Rock radio. I can also see Stapp's solo CD selling a lot of copies, but, of course, albums sold does not equal quality(see Ashlee Simpson). Still, though, I expect Stapp to come out with a solid CD, and hopefully it'll be one that stays in or around my CD player for a while.

Back on topic, I agree Uncertain, they'll probably release a soft song for his first solo, because we all know Pop radio won't play something really hard if Stapp has hard songs on his CD.

But, As for the album...Id have to say that the single may drop only 2 weeks before the cd. Simply because of the Internet. I see us having the album, if the release date doesnt get pushed back, 6 weeks before it comes out on the store shelves. I had seethers new album 3 weeks before it dropped, and Audioslaves new album 4 weeks before it dropped. lol

And NO, i wasnt the one who pirated them!!!

You know, if Stapp's CD does leak, I hate to say it, but I will download it before it comes out. I know I'm gonna buy the CD no matter what, but, man, I'm beginning to get so impatient that I'd actually DL the CD if it leaks. I remember 12 Stones latest CD(Potter's Field) leaked 3 weeks before the CD was released, so I can definitely see Stapp's CD leaking. In a way, I hope it does just so I can get a preview of it.

Ana4Stapp
06-05-2005, 10:09 PM

:rolleyes: Wow! lol

PS: Well, I have to agree with you that his album is probably going to be more softly than rock stuff orientated and I'm very curious about the cd...
;)

Agent D
06-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Whoa, so that means the single COULD be out as early as THIS month? That's exciting. I'm really looking forward to hearing the first single. That should be a preview of what's to come.

I'm not looking forward to the single release. I'm terrified that I'll be as disappointed with it as much as I was with Relearn Love. I just don't want to be disappointed with the direction that Scott's taken his music in.

titan9
06-06-2005, 08:20 PM
See, I'm looking forward to whatever new stuff I can hear from Scott. I'm extremely curious about what direction he'll go in. I know that the single that WU releases probably won't be the best song on the CD, but I still badly want to hear it.