Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Meaningless news [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Meaningless news

RoffeDH
05-29-2005, 06:03 AM
White-glove service, it is. Former Creed frontman Scott Stapp ordered 80 bucks worth of food before Wednesday's game started — crab and lobster mango tarts — and the plates were on his reserved table right before the half.

Stapp, however, didn't eat. With the maitre d' pulling out his hair, Stapp skipped with four minutes left in the second quarter because his 6-year-old son, Jagger, was falling asleep.

( http://www.palmbeachpost.com/celebrities/content/entertainment/celebrities/lambiet/0527jose.html )

----------------------------------------------------------

And check this page out, look up all your fav actors and fav musicans at http://www.explore-biography.com/
:P

Ann Allusion
05-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Well, golly geee...shoot the man in the foot for taking care of his son. Think a child is more important than $80 worth of munchies... Depends on where your priorities lie, i guess...you are right Roffe...meaningless news...but thanks for sharing it anyway... ;)

Trimontana
05-29-2005, 01:18 PM
I think noone shoot to Stapp on his feet, Ann....it was the journalist who obviously wrote that.

RMadd
05-29-2005, 03:30 PM
it's not bashing stapp & his decision to leave early.... as Trimontana said, the journalist was merely observing what happened.... this, however, makes me wonder how those avid stapp fans (keep in mind that i like the guy, i just question his motives every now and then) can accuse someone of shooting another in the foot when the material in question is obviously objective; if this is the case, then how many times have we, those of us who have questioned what stapp is doing, etc, have been incorrectly and unjustly blamed for bashing Scott?

Ann Allusion
05-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Ya know what, y'all...i made a comment...nothing more, nothing less...don't believe i was being disrespectful to anyone, or trying to start trouble..and MOST DEFINITELY realize that it was nothing more than a comment from a journalist in a celeberty gossip column, relaying THEIR observations. So it never ceases to amaze me why someone has to try and make it sound like my posts are something other than what they are...

RMadd
05-29-2005, 04:23 PM
you said someone was shooting someone in the foot! generally speaking, that means "being mean/disrespectful towards that person".... Trimontana & myself found absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever in the article posted.

Trimontana
05-29-2005, 04:28 PM
you said someone was shooting someone in the foot! generally speaking, that means "being mean/disrespectful towards that person".... Trimontana & myself found absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever in the article posted.

Thats true. In the way you post your thoughs theres no way we cant take it in another way.

Ann Allusion
05-29-2005, 04:39 PM
It's called sarcasim... :eek:
go figure... ;)

RMadd
05-29-2005, 05:33 PM
that's sarcasm? i must've turned my detector off...

uncertaindrumer
05-29-2005, 05:55 PM
I dunno... I'd shoot ANYONE in the foot for ordering $80 of food, wasted or NOT...

Dogstar
05-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Ya know what, y'all...i made a comment...nothing more, nothing less...don't believe i was being disrespectful to anyone, or trying to start trouble..and MOST DEFINITELY realize that it was nothing more than a comment from a journalist in a celeberty gossip column, relaying THEIR observations. So it never ceases to amaze me why someone has to try and make it sound like my posts are something other than what they are...

Word choice, perhaps? :D Just an observation ;)...
Even the journalist could have chosen a different word than *skipped*. That does have a negative connotation :D...but then again, it IS a gossip column, and that stuff isn't supposed to be flattering.

TeriB19
05-29-2005, 06:39 PM
that's sarcasm? i must've turned my detector off...
Must be time to change the battery. Mine didn't go off either. Hard to tell sometimes.

Dogstar
05-29-2005, 06:41 PM
I dunno... I'd shoot ANYONE in the foot for ordering $80 of food, wasted or NOT...
:laugh:...right on, haha

tremonti4life04
05-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Well, that news really fit with the name of the thread... Who cares? If i had money like he did, id waste $80 worth of food for my son too...I would now even, me being as broke as i am.

I was hoping that the meaningless news thing meant that stapp went to wind up with another few songs or something... I dont care what stapp eats, i dont really care when he takes a nap, or takes a shit, or fries eggs, or plants his gardens, or prays... None of that really matters, and why people make a big damn deal out of it befuddles me.

"Well, Ken Gray, lead singer of Falling Higher, was spotted through a window in his house walking towards the bathroom, where he sat on the shitter for 15 minutes. At first, we thought he might have been having a heart attack, but then it turns out he was just pinching a rather huge loaf."

^^^^That right there is about how much hearing about stapp wasting $80 in food means to me

creedsister
05-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Well, golly geee...shoot the man in the foot for taking care of his son. Think a child is more important than $80 worth of munchies... Depends on where your priorities lie, i guess...you are right Roffe...meaningless news...but thanks for sharing it anyway... ;) HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMAO That Was Awsome News :D Thanks For Sharing With Us

Dogstar
05-29-2005, 10:22 PM
"Well, Ken Gray, lead singer of Falling Higher, was spotted through a window in his house walking towards the bathroom, where he sat on the shitter for 15 minutes. At first, we thought he might have been having a heart attack, but then it turns out he was just pinching a rather huge loaf."
:laugh:

PrtytilImPurple
05-29-2005, 10:59 PM
If its so meaningless why are the replies going on two pages?

I'm guessing the waiter took home a nice doggie bag.

shiver
05-30-2005, 01:15 AM
I dunno, if I was a waiter and just brought out 80 bucks worth of food, and dude didn't eat it, I'd bitch slap him. Twice if it was stapp.

RoffeDH
05-31-2005, 07:00 AM
Twice if it was stapp.
Why twice? And you don't bitchslapp some one who will pay 80$ worth of food witch actually costs 40$, he might come back ;)

You guys! I just put it here for fun, nothing to get your brains started for ;) and

:roll::stapp::roll::lolsign::bigjump::stappchic
I'm with you (even if it was me that posted it :D )

titan9
05-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Well, the topic of the thread completely sums up the story.:laugh: I just have one thing to add: shame on Stapp for being a Heat fan. Pistons all the way, baby!:D

RoffeDH
05-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Lucky me I don't care about that ;)

STOP POSTING HERE! IT'S MEANINGLESS NEWS! JUST FUN FACT OKEY!!!

titan9
05-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Haha, I care about that. I expected Stapp to have a better taste in sports teams.:laugh:

shiver
05-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Why twice? And you don't bitchslapp some one who will pay 80$ worth of food witch actually costs 40$, he might come back ;)

The reason I say that is I have to take the time to take the order, then bring it out, and have everyone fix this order, you better freakin eat.

shiver
05-31-2005, 02:33 PM

The reason I say that is I have to take the time to take the order, then bring it out, and have everyone fix this order, you better freakin eat. Especially when there are people, not just in South America, or China, or whatever your mother always said to get you to eat, but there are people all over who can't even afford a cheeseburger from McDonald's or a can of tuna that costs 54 cents, much less 80 dollars for finger food appetizers. And I would tell him that. Then I would tell him to get over himself. He ain't that great.

RoffeDH
05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Well, if his son is feeling bad he shuld be able to walk away if he wants to. Now if you feel that way you shuldn't be working at a resturant like that ;)
Now if I were Scott I wouldn't go out to eat a dinner like that if I had a child, or even if I didn't unless it was some realy big ocation... I would give the poor my money (this I say now... But don't know how I will be when I'm rich)
;)

uncertaindrumer
05-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Haha, I care about that. I expected Stapp to have a better taste in sports teams.:laugh:

I have problems like that as well. Tremo and Flip being RedSox fans KILLS me.

titan9
05-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah, well, as long as Stapp isn't a Jacksonville Jaguars fan(Jags fans are Titans fans enemies) I won't be too angry at him for supporting the Heat. Meh, Miami can have Stapp as one of their celebrity fans....we have Kid Rock and that's enough.:laugh:

uncertaindrumer
06-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Kid rock... *sighs*

lol

And ya know, it seems the rivalry between the Jags and Titans has died down somewhat over the last few years, but mayeb that is just me. Although, right now the Titans can't be rivals with ANYONE because they STINK so bad.

They had better be a good team this year, or I will start hating the NFL, dangit.

titan9
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Well, it was only one bad year for the Titans.....you can't really say they stink now. They stunk last year, but I attribute that to the injuries. I think a healthy Titans team this year CAN compete. Obviously, right now, they're in more of a rebuilding mode than a competing mode, but I'm a huge Titans fan, so I believe in them and believe that they can compete this year. I take a lot of flak from the non-Titans fans in my family when I say that the Titans will be back, but I'm used to taking a lot of flak for who I choose to support, so that doesn't bother me.:laugh:

Hey, I'm not a Kid Rock fan, but I do find it funny how he's at every Pistons game. Sure, he's not Hollywood Royalty, but I'd rather have him in the crowd than any of the celebs at the Lakers games. Sure, I'd rather have Tremonti at the Palace, but Kid Rock will do for now.:D

uncertaindrumer
06-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Tremo at a pistons game would ROCK!

Also, the Titans seem to ALWAYS be in a semi-rebuilding/semi-competing mode... Besides the occasional downyear, they ALWAYS do well, but never do GREAT.

Dangit. They were one yard away. Dangit.

titan9
06-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah, if he's a NBA fan, I'd be shocked if he isn't a fan of the Pistons. I mean, I can see why he likes the Sox and not the Detroit Tigers(the Tigers haven't had a great season since 1984) but I can't fathom him liking the Heat or Magic more than the Pistons. The Pistons have been awesome since 2001 and are going to win another title. Tremo, you must remember your roots!:D

It's true, the Titans do seem to change players quite often. Up til last year, it always worked out alright. They'd be in cap trouble, cut some stars and then refuel during the draft. That didn't work as well last year as it has in the past. Yeah, it's like I told my brothers last weekend: I will curse Mike Jones' name until the day I die.:laugh:

titan9
06-02-2005, 09:23 PM
*Completely off-topic.* I wonder if Stapp's at the game tonight? I haven't seen him court-side, so I guess if he is at the game, he's probably in the luxury box.

TeriB19
06-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Wonder if they're serving him his lobster from last week?

OneOmerta
06-02-2005, 11:08 PM
He was at the game...courtside...not luxury box. I don't believe they serve lobster courtside do they? ;) lol

Dogstar
06-02-2005, 11:10 PM
He was at the game...courtside...not luxury box. I don't believe they serve lobster courtside do they? ;) lol
LOL, ya never know with celebs, though ;)....MMM, lobster sounds good!

OneOmerta
06-02-2005, 11:39 PM
LOL, ya never know with celebs, though ;)....MMM, lobster sounds good!

lol....true enough ;) I've been craving lobster too. My husband just came back from Martha's Vineyard and he had lobster while there...and lobster bisque..my ALL time favorite kind of seafood soup LOL. He did bring home some Conch tho...so I guess I'll be eating Conch this weekend. Not quite lobster...and it looks even more disgusting....but he said it's excellent :wtf: :D

Dogstar
06-02-2005, 11:49 PM
lol....true enough ;) I've been craving lobster too. My husband just came back from Martha's Vineyard and he had lobster while there...and lobster bisque..my ALL time favorite kind of seafood soup LOL. He did bring home some Conch tho...so I guess I'll be eating Conch this weekend. Not quite lobster...and it looks even more disgusting....but he said it's excellent :wtf: :D
Ahhh, the Vinyaaaaaaaaaahhhhd...lucky, lucky...I'm going to visit my family in Rhode Island next weekend, so I know some seafood will be involved :D

TeriB19
06-03-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm going to visit my family in Rhode Island next weekend, so I know some seafood will be involved :D
Have a good time, drive safely and for God's sake, pay for and eat the seafood!! Don't skip out on the bill will ya? ;)

Trimontana
06-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Wonder if they're serving him his lobster from last week?
:laugh: :laugh:

titan9
06-03-2005, 01:38 PM

He was? After I posted that, I thought I might have saw him courtside, but the camera flashed away from him(if that was him) so quickly that I wasn't sure. That whole game last night was a bummer.....at least for a Pistons fan like myself.:laugh:

titan9
06-06-2005, 09:36 PM
*Off-Topic again* The question is, is he there for the HUGE Game 7 tonight? If he is, and he's court-side, he must be sitting at a place where he's not that visible. Also, everytime TNT shows the celebs there, they never show Stappy. Perhaps he isn't a big enough celeb yet?:laugh:

Dogstar
06-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Have a good time, drive safely and for God's sake, pay for and eat the seafood!! Don't skip out on the bill will ya? ;)

:laugh:...I'd never skip out on the bill ;)

titan9
06-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Well, if Stappy was there, I bet he wasn't too happy. Mwahahahaha ;)

uncertaindrumer
06-07-2005, 11:50 AM
ROFL! Indeed. I usually don't wish bad things on people, but when it coems to sports teams I love... It changes. lol

titan9
06-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I'm the same exact way. I wanted Wade's injury to be serious enough for him to sit out, but not serious enough that it would end his career or anything like that. Anything to ensure that my favorite Basketball team goes to the Finals. I'm so happy the Pistons won last night, but I do feel a bit sympathetic for all the Heat fans. That had to be heart-breaking to see their team faulter on their home-court!

uncertaindrumer
06-07-2005, 10:17 PM
I feel kinda empty because I still feel Miami would have been the better team had they been healthy. But then I placate myself by arguing (with myself) that if Miami was as physical as Detroit, they might not have gotten hurt, lol