Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
New Stapp Update [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : New Stapp Update

OneOmerta
05-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks to Choose2live from PBF...who posted it for us at Crossroads.
Thanks girl.

Thought I'd post it here in case there's anyone interested.

Just copying this over from PBF... thought you guys might be interested

So a friend of mine who's a DJ was speaking with her WU rep this morning... this is what I was told:

Last week Scott showed up in New York with a CD of six finished songs, ready to go. He presented the songs to WU by actually performing them, with the CD (karaoke-style). They were apparently thrilled - both with the music and the presentation. Most artists will just send a CD up, so they felt that his personally presenting it spoke highly of his willingness to work hard to make the music successful.

This is not to say that he only has six songs... those are just the ones that have been completely recorded and finished at this point

WU is hoping everything will be ready for a fall release but they are adamant about not pressuring him, they refuse to set a deadline and want a quality record as opposed to whatever they can get right away. But things are still looking good for a fall release. Scott is WU's central focus right now and they want to do what they can to make him successful - and the biggest part of that right now is letting him do what he needs to do to make the record good.

Not much was said about the sound of the record, other than there's some experimental sound, playing with loops and beats and such. But WU's enthusiastic and whatever else can be said about WU, they know good music.

So that's the update!

tremonti4life04
05-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Interesting, thats cool. Yea, i definitly hope we havent waited all this time for 6 songs, lol. That would be like waiting for the NFL super bowl and what comes on is the little league superbowl.

Cant wait to hear stapps stuff tho.

uncertaindrumer
05-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Stapp is WU's focus right now? Shouldn't they be worried about bands that actually have albums out? I'm not saying this to bash Stapp, but the truth is, he isn't even FINISHED yet, and WU has plenty of bands who could use some promoting.

titan9
05-20-2005, 01:05 PM
I actually find it hard to believe that Stapp is Wind-Up's main focus. It seems to me that they're still focusing on the "big" four: Seether(they've got a new CD coming out soon), Evanescence(I think I heard that they're working on a new CD), Alter Bridge(already have a successful CD out and are touring like crazy) and Submersed(already have a good CD out and are touring as well). I seriously find it hard to believe that Stapp is one of the artists that Wind-Up considers to be among the "money-makers" that they currently have signed. Afterall, if Stapp were one of the "money-makers", wouldn't he have a better looking official site? :rolleyes: That IS Wind-Up's job, afterall.

Anyway, back on topic, this is terrific, awesome news. I have been waiting for months just to see a story like this posted. We now have confirmation(for anyone who doubted it) that Stapp has, indeed, recorded some songs(perhaps even all of them) for the new album. The next step, in my opinion, is for Wind-Up to post a few clips of these songs to allow the fans(us) to get a preview of what's to come. I also think that it is completely awesome that Stapp performed those songs in person in front of Wind-Up. To me, that makes a great impression to them, and hopefully they'll reward him(with good promotion, a decent amount of focus on him[though I don't want them to ignore the other highly talented artists they have signed] and *gasp* a good web site) for it. I'm looking forward to hearing these six songs, whenever that is(am I the only one who hopes just one of those songs "leaks" to the internet? I want to hear the new music that badly, lol!)

Dogstar
05-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the update, OneOmerta. This is at least encouraging to say the least. Experimenting with loops and such. That sounds interesting. Not sure what to make of it, but I definitely want to hear this stuff. Heh, I too, hope something leaks. It's cool that he went in person to perform them. And it's a good thing that WU isn't pressuring him.

creedsister
05-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Interesting, thats cool. Yea, i definitly hope we havent waited all this time for 6 songs, lol. That would be like waiting for the NFL super bowl and what comes on is the little league superbowl.

Cant wait to hear stapps stuff tho.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you nut :jam: WAY TO GO WIND UP

Bridge of Clay
05-20-2005, 08:57 PM
I heard the new Seether and it's not that great, actually it's far from great.

Other than that, I agree with all that Kerry said.

tremonti4life04
05-21-2005, 01:22 AM
i like the song Remedy, seether is doing what all bands are doing, going mainstream pop style. I liked the raw stuff that they did a lot better. Puddle of Mudd and Staind did the same things. Look at staind...Mudshovel - Zoe Jane. Its a big transition. Creed even did it when they went from My Own Prison, and then you look at Dont Stop Dancing from weathered. Bands make the transition, and then there is no pulling back. Its sad that you hear the first album, and it hits you hard, and the following just get weaker and weaker. Thats why im curious to hear stapp, i wanna know what direction hes going in.

OneOmerta
05-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the update, OneOmerta. This is at least encouraging to say the least. Experimenting with loops and such. That sounds interesting. Not sure what to make of it, but I definitely want to hear this stuff. Heh, I too, hope something leaks. It's cool that he went in person to perform them. And it's a good thing that WU isn't pressuring him.

Your welcome Dogstar. I had no idea what loops and such was....lol...it was finally explained to me by a friend the other night. I'm curious to hear just exactly what it's going to sound like. I hope something leaks too.

Afterall, if Stapp were one of the "money-makers", wouldn't he have a better looking official site? That IS Wind-Up's job, afterall.

Maybe they are waiting til it's closer to being released? Fall is several months away yet.

titan9
05-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes, but a decent looking web site could easily be done. I'm not saying it has to be loaded with stuff; just create a decent web site with a bio page and a music page. It's really quite simple.

tremonti4life04
05-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Yes, but a decent looking web site could easily be done. I'm not saying it has to be loaded with stuff; just create a decent web site with a bio page and a music page. It's really quite simple.

Wind Up needs to hire Steve and Frankie for the Creed/Alter Bridge/Scott stapp pages. It seems like collectively, him and Frankie from PBF know way more about both of those bands than, oh, lets say, Wind Up Records...

tremonti4life04
05-21-2005, 03:29 PM
But, as long as he doesnt change his stage name to Scizzott Stizzapp, ill be happy. The whole using Loops thing is just making me more and more curious...

Dogstar
05-21-2005, 06:09 PM
i like the song Remedy, seether is doing what all bands are doing, going mainstream pop style. I liked the raw stuff that they did a lot better. Puddle of Mudd and Staind did the same things. Look at staind...Mudshovel - Zoe Jane. Its a big transition. Creed even did it when they went from My Own Prison, and then you look at Dont Stop Dancing from weathered. Bands make the transition, and then there is no pulling back. Its sad that you hear the first album, and it hits you hard, and the following just get weaker and weaker. Thats why im curious to hear stapp, i wanna know what direction hes going in.

Same here. Staind's first album was kick-ass, but I haven't really like anything after that.

Jester
05-22-2005, 04:05 AM
:stappchic :stappchic :stappchic :stappchic :stappchic :stappchic :stappchic :stappchic :stappchic :stappchic

Ana4Stapp
05-22-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm listening to Creed-and I miss him and his voice so much...I can't wait to hear Stapp again ;)

PS :Just to clarify things to a certain member here: I want to listen to Scott Stapp not to Eddie Vedder, ok ? Did you hear it? :rolleyes: LOL JK

uncertaindrumer
05-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Did I ever say anything about Eddie Vedder? I don't recall doing so, although Stapp does clearly sound like Vedder.

creedsister
05-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Must Disagre Freaking Hell No Take A Q Tip And Clean Out Yo Ears

creedsister
05-22-2005, 07:52 PM
NOBODY ARGUE WIT ME That A Hootie Guy That Likes To Blow Fish HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Im Kiding But He Is A Carbon Copy To The Mans Voice

Ana4Stapp
05-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Did I ever say anything about Eddie Vedder? I don't recall doing so, although Stapp does clearly sound like Vedder.

Hey,I dont recall saying your name... :rolleyes: lol

You are so forgetful! You could just listen to PJ post. Remember??

Also Stapp doesnt sound like Vedder...he's better...ok? ;)

Trimontana
05-22-2005, 09:21 PM
NOBODY ARGUE WIT ME That A Hootie Guy That Likes To Blow Fish HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Im Kiding But He Is A Carbon Copy To The Mans Voice

:roll: :roll:

OH Sis, i can argue with you sweetie :D

P.S. Sorry say that but Stapp doesnt sound like he used to. And just 6 songs? I am gonna wait and see :rolleyes:

creedsister
05-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Ok Gabs Point Out The Six Im Sorry But i dont hear it HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Really :poke: Da Ears

Bridge of Clay
05-22-2005, 10:53 PM
6 songs that are finished and MIXED.

tremonti4life04
05-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Stapp doesnt sound like vedder at all. The only time it seems like stapp sounds like vedder is when people are doing Scott stapp impersonations, making fun of this "link" to eddie vedders voice. In my eyes, stapp sounds more like elvis than he does vedder, but he doesnt sound like elvis (I AM NOT PICKING A FIGHT) The End.

Ana4Stapp
05-23-2005, 05:24 AM
Hey, guys, I'm not tring to start a discussion here. I was only joking with an uncertain's comment. :D By the way,his comment is so old...that he forgot it...lol ;)

uncertaindrumer
05-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Hey, guys, I'm not tring to start a discussion here. I was only joking with an uncertain's comment. :D By the way,his comment is so old...that he forgot it...lol ;)

Well first off, I rememebr saying this MONTHS ago, but I did not think you would dig that out of the hat. Second, anyone who doesn't think Stapp sounds like Vedder has got to get their ears cleaned. I'm not saying its a BAD thing (Veder has a good voice) but come on, they sound a LOT ALIKE.

Ana4Stapp
05-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Well first off, I rememebr saying this MONTHS ago, but I did not think you would dig that out of the hat. Second, anyone who doesn't think Stapp sounds like Vedder has got to get their ears cleaned. I'm not saying its a BAD thing (Veder has a good voice) but come on, they sound a LOT ALIKE.

Ok, there are some similarities... ;) and I put this...eh.. warning , before you put some Stapp joke...lol

PS: No related topic but "Take me Out" has the same notes that "Trempled underfoot" has...Incredible!!!! :rolleyes: This time you re right!

titan9
05-23-2005, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't say they sound a lot alike, but there is some similarities. They both have deeper, lower, grunge voices. That's really all I can think of that makes them somewhat similar. Lyrically they aren't anything alike.

Like Marcos said, only six songs are officially done and mixed......but that does not mean that no other songs are near completion. Stapp's been working at this CD for over a year now, so surely he has more songs near completion. I believe his CD will probably have around 11-12 tracks on it, 10 at the fewest(are there really that many 9 track CDs that are not EPs?). I'll take 10 quality songs rather than 14 not so good songs. Quality above quantity.

creedsister
05-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Stapp doesnt sound like vedder at all. The only time it seems like stapp sounds like vedder is when people are doing Scott stapp impersonations, making fun of this "link" to eddie vedders voice. In my eyes, stapp sounds more like elvis than he does vedder, but he doesnt sound like elvis (I AM NOT PICKING A FIGHT) The End. :D oh no i wont fight with ya i will agree He Does Not Sound Like ELVIS At All But He Does I THINK ELVIS WOULD BY THAT BOY A CADILAC They Get Along Just Fine :D

creedsister
05-23-2005, 12:05 PM
:D oh no i wont fight with ya i will agree He Does Not Sound Like ELVIS At All But He Does I THINK ELVIS WOULD BY THAT BOY A CADILAC They Get Along Just Fine :D
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I dunno LIKE FRIED :banana: :D Sandwhiches HEY

uncertaindrumer
05-23-2005, 12:30 PM
^PLEASE, for the love of pringles, PUNCTUATE CORRECTLY!

I wouldn't say they sound a lot alike, but there is some similarities. They both have deeper, lower, grunge voices. That's really all I can think of that makes them somewhat similar. Lyrically they aren't anything alike.

Like Marcos said, only six songs are officially done and mixed......but that does not mean that no other songs are near completion. Stapp's been working at this CD for over a year now, so surely he has more songs near completion. I believe his CD will probably have around 11-12 tracks on it, 10 at the fewest(are there really that many 9 track CDs that are not EPs?). I'll take 10 quality songs rather than 14 not so good songs. Quality above quantity.

True, lyrically they are nothing alike, but I never said they were.

Honestly, I don't relly like EITHER of their lyrics, but then again I'm picky and don't like many lyrics...

uncertaindrumer
05-23-2005, 12:31 PM
PS: No related topic but "Take me Out" has the same notes that "Trempled underfoot" has...Incredible!!!! :rolleyes: This time you re right!

Of course I'm right. I'm always right. ;)

tremonti4life04
05-23-2005, 01:24 PM
You know whats really funny. The guy from Theory of a Deadman sounds almost exactly like scott stapp (listen to the opening of Nothing Can Come Between Us from the first album where he goes)"Well Im running back and forth, from here to south carolina, wishing you were here, i guess i should watch what i wish for" He sounds so damn much like stapp its not funny! Wheres the Eddie Vedder ridicule for him eh?

titan9
05-23-2005, 01:34 PM
I'll DL that song to see what you mean, tremonti4life. On the topic of Stapp soundalikes, Eric Durrance(former lead singer of Big Dismal) sounds a lot like Stapp in some of BD's songs. The first time I listened to BD(the first song I DLed by them was "Missing You") I kept thinking, "geez, this guy sounds a lot like Stapp." It's sort of ironic, though. Stapp produced BD's EP(I was shocked when I learned that) and BD is also from Florida.....and BD broke up just 5 months after Creed.......and now Durrance is a solo artist, much like Stapp. They're both the same age(31), both have a child(Durrance is still married, though) and both had a falling out with their band. And they're both signed to Wind-Up! Sorta funny how similar those two are.:laugh:

Uncertain, I never said that you said that Stapp and Vedder are alike when it comes to lyrics. I just wanted to throw that out there before anyone compared the two lyrically and tried to say that Stapp copied off of Vedder with his lyrics.

OneOmerta
05-23-2005, 03:33 PM
I like Pearl Jam...and I just don't think they sound anything alike at all.

they both have deep voices...that's about it, imo.

someone is ALWAYS going to be compared to someone else in the music business...it's almost unavoidable.

uncertaindrumer
05-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Well, as far as I am concerened Stapp and Vedder are almsot clonish... but I guess I can see how others would see them differently. I think on a broader level, almost ALL grunge, post grunge, hard rock music these days has low, throaty voices... it annoys me because Rock and Roll was meant for tenors, dangit!

lol, I don't DISLIKE baritones, but right now Robert Plant sounds AWFULLY good with all the wannabe rock bands of the day.

Trimontana
05-23-2005, 04:17 PM
You know whats really funny. The guy from Theory of a Deadman sounds almost exactly like scott stapp (listen to the opening of Nothing Can Come Between Us from the first album where he goes)"Well Im running back and forth, from here to south carolina, wishing you were here, i guess i should watch what i wish for" He sounds so damn much like stapp its not funny! Wheres the Eddie Vedder ridicule for him eh?

Thats true, i have got their cd and yeah...the first time i heard them thats exactly what i though.

titan9
05-23-2005, 04:56 PM
I just DLed that song. I'll agree with you guys, he sounds JUST like Stapp at the beginning of the song. It's almost freaky, lol.:laugh:

tremonti4life04
05-23-2005, 05:55 PM
I really cant bash anyone for sounding like stapp. When i sing in my normal singing voice, i tend to sound stappish at times. I can sing like stapp almost to a tee. I also sound a lot like 3 doors down and maynard james keenan. I have a weird mix, but i dont try to impersonate them, it just comes naturally.

titan9
05-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Oh yeah, I definitely wouldn't bash anyone for sounding Stappish. The fact is, not too many vocalists are really distinct sounding.....a lot of them sound-alike. Can't bash Myles for at times sounding like Cornell and you can't bash the guys who at times sound like Stapp.

Ana4Stapp
05-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Of course I'm right. I'm always right. ;)

Oh...actually there's only one word to you:
Conceited...conceited...conceited...lol jk:rolleyes: ;) :laugh:

Chase
05-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Stapp and Vedder sound nothing alike... having a deep voice doesn't automatically make someone a "clone" of Vedder.

titan9
05-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Exactly, which was my point. Aside from them both having deep voices, they really aren't anything alike. That's why I've always thought that the Vedder/Stapp comparison is ridiculous.

uncertaindrumer
05-24-2005, 12:50 PM
I dunno, maybe I jsut do not listen to the right PJ stuff, but in the few songs I have heard... he sounds just like Stapp.

Of course, lots of guys sound somewhat like Stapp, because he is not very unique. But whatever, I did not even start this discussion, Ana did!

By the way, I have NOT gotten any PM's from you Ana.

Ana4Stapp
05-24-2005, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=uncertaindrumer]I dunno, maybe I jsut do not listen to the right PJ stuff, but in the few songs I have heard... he sounds just like Stapp.

Of course, lots of guys sound somewhat like Stapp, because he is not very unique. But whatever, I did not even start this discussion, Ana did!

QUOTE]

My fault! Always my fault!!! LOL :D :rolleyes:

But I have to agree that in the beggining I thought Stapp was Vedder...They definitely have similarities, but I still prefer Stapp's voice,even though Vedder actually has a good one too... ;)

uncertaindrumer
05-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Yes, they are deffinitely distinguishable. I did not say they were identical! Just a lot alike.

Ana4Stapp
05-24-2005, 11:18 PM
I agree with you, uncertain ;)

Hmm, actually ...I think it's better to us to stop here...or we are going to be banned...lol :rolleyes: :angel::kick:

uncertaindrumer
05-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Banned? I can't be banned! I would then cease being the most controverisal "non-banned" member on Creedfeed! lol

Anyway, to try and pull this back on topic, do you guys think Stapp will come out with a bucnh of nasty soft stuff, or do you think he will have some actual rock and roll?

Ana4Stapp
05-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Banned? I can't be banned! I would then cease being the most controverisal "non-banned" member on Creedfeed! lol

Anyway, to try and pull this back on topic, do you guys think Stapp will come out with a bucnh of nasty soft stuff, or do you think he will have some actual rock and roll?

But I Can! :D LOL

Hmm... I doubt that he will come with much rock ad roll stuff, but of course I hope he can do his better. ;)

uncertaindrumer
05-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I doubt he will rock much either. Which is why I am not exactly DYING to hear his CD... although I still am super curious...

titan9
05-25-2005, 02:12 PM
I think it'll be a mix. Some ballads; some harder hitting stuff. He's a different musician than he was with Creed. Now, instead of having to compromise with his fellow band members and make music according to what they all agree on, he's independent and can make the music that he wants to make. I don't think we're going to get hard hitting stuff like on My Own Prison, but I do think we'll get some stuff that fits the Creed mold. I also don't think that we'll get any solos, as Stapp has clearly implied in the past that he is not a fan of those. I highly doubt that Stapp's solo CD will be Pop. Because he has been influenced by bands like the Doors and U2, it wouldn't shock me to hear his sound become similar to those two bands I mentioned. Stapp has said before, though, that his solo stuff will be, "a mix of Creed and Led Zepplin." Of course, he did say that in February of 2004, so he might have changed his mind by now. As long as the music isn't too bad, as long as he still has it vocally(and based on what I've heard, he does) and as long as the lyrics are solid(like they were in Creed), I think his solo album will be good, even if it is a bit softer than some of us would like.

uncertaindrumer
05-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Right now I could really use some music... I'd even listen to Stapp's.

titan9
05-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Lol, I'm the complete opposite. I've been finding quite a bit of new music to listen to in the last few weeks.....most of it authentic(i.e. the bands themselves acknowledge it) Christian Rock. Day of Fire(their lead singer's former band toured with Creed), Building 429(lighter stuff, but still pretty good), Disciple(harder stuff) and Jeremy Camp(softer stuff, but rocking at times). I've also been listening to the Mayfield Four a lot as well as all the other stuff(AB, 12 Stones, Kutless, Pillar among others) I have. Right now, if I want to hear Stapp(and I do from time to time), I can always pop in a little Creed or even Relearn Love. I do really want his album, but I've found stuff to listen to in place of it right now, so I can wait another six months if that's what it takes.

uncertaindrumer
05-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I'm just in a bad mood, need some new music to lift me up. I am getting Audioslave's album soon, maybe that will help.

tremonti4life04
05-26-2005, 11:01 AM
I've found a lot of new things to listen to as well. Actually, i think the Creed breakup really broadened my horizons as far as music. Creed was pretty much all i knew for a while. Now im into bands like Tool, A Perfect Circle, Theory of a Deadman, Shinedown (AWESOME), Audioslave, Godsmack, Seether, Stevie Ray Vaughn, ZZ Top, George Thorogood, Staind. I am also into some of the older stuff like John Mellencamp, The Who, Eagles, Bad Company, and a bunch of bands like that. Creed will always be special to me, but as far as music goes, im really moving in a different direction (Tremonti will always be my favorite guitarist tho!!!)

Ana4Stapp
05-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Right now I could really use some music... I'd even listen to Stapp's.

Wow! So you are VERY BAD :rolleyes: ...lol

Yeah, I'm just in a bad mood, need some new music to lift me up. I am getting Audioslave's album soon, maybe that will help.

I hope you feel better...:hugs:

PS - Maybe Stapp helps you...lol