Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Tell Us How MOP Rocks [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Tell Us How MOP Rocks

NeedforCreed
03-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Guess you can tell, I am a huge MOP fan. Post here if you think it rocks.

burnie022
03-31-2005, 11:29 PM
yeah that album rocks. it has Torn, MOP, Pity For A Dime, What's This Life For, One, which are my favorites, and that's half the album right there. the rest kick ass too. that's an awesome album with awesome lyrics and music.

revisfoot
04-01-2005, 02:30 AM
The music on MOP is SO heavy at times. Unforgiven, anyone?

And, then, it's so mellow, so soft, yet so brooding.

100% awestastic!

Bridge of Clay
04-01-2005, 07:45 AM
I like HC and Weathered better.

The Lithium
04-01-2005, 11:26 AM
I like HC and Weathered better.
Yeah, I agree!

titan9
04-01-2005, 11:39 AM
MOP is definitely my favorite Creed album.(but I love the other albums as well) You've got the two best Creed tracks(in my opinion, anyway) in "One" and "My Own Prison" and you've got a slew of other great tracks like "Pity for a Dime", "Illusion" and "What's This Life For". It seems like every track on MOP is sheer, utter brillance. The whole album is just great music. I can never get tired of MOP.

shiver
04-02-2005, 10:21 PM
MOP was the best. It was made by starving artists, guys who, at the time, were getting along, and showcases each members talents. The other two became too pop, too commercial, less rock. It's funny because I got MOP and HC about two months apart, and it took me three years to really realize how great MOP was. I can listen to every song on that album and never skip, but the other two I skip tracks every-once-in-a-while. Basically, if I could only own one Creed album, it would be MOP.

RMadd
04-02-2005, 11:41 PM
for me, it's my 2nd favorite album, behind HC (largely for sentimental value of the sophomore effort), but far superior to Weathered

Ana4Stapp
04-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Actually MOP is my favorite Creed album, 'cause it has awesome songs (music & lyrics).
Torn, MOP, WTLF, Ode, Pity for a Dime are great and of course ,Unforgiven (my fav. MOP song) really rocks... ;)

Ana4Stapp
04-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Of course I 'm listening to MOP right now

uncertaindrumer
04-04-2005, 12:00 PM
MOP was by far Creed's best album. It was the only one that was even semi-original, it was the one with the best musicianship by far (what on Earth happened to Flip's drumming skills between MOP and HC? Did he just FORGET how to play drums?), it has less annoying lyrics, the vocals are better... It's just better.

Tremonti seemed to have either been pressured into making bland radio friendly songs on the later albums or he decided to do it on his own... although that doesn't make much sense due to recent events. Either way, HC and Weathered just don't stack up with MOP.

Unforgiven is just genius, Pity for a Dime's solo as well. The only songs I DON'T like on the album are the title track (whiny annoying song indicative of later Creed singles) and One (even if I liked the instrumentation, I simply CANNOT listen to a song with lyrics that bad).

titan9
04-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Unforgiven is just genius, Pity for a Dime's solo as well. The only songs I DON'T like on the album are the title track (whiny annoying song indicative of later Creed singles) and One (even if I liked the instrumentation, I simply CANNOT listen to a song with lyrics that bad).

Lol, those aren't going to be popular words around here. ;) I will agree with you on Pity For a Dime's solo being awesome, though. And I'll also agree with you on MOP being the best Creed album.

Ana4Stapp
04-04-2005, 08:32 PM
MOP was by far Creed's best album.

Unforgiven is one of the best (the better one in MOP, indeed) Creed songs, cause both, lyrics and music are really good;) Unforgiven really rocks...and yeah, MOP is the Creed's best album.

By the way, did you see Unforgiven (never asked question!)live in Viva Overdrive ???? It's awesome! ;) and Flip's work is just terrific...

uncertaindrumer
04-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Unforgiven is one of the best (the better one in MOP, indeed) Creed songs, cause both, lyrics and music are really good;) Unforgiven really rocks...and yeah, MOP is the Creed's best album.

By the way, did you see Unforgiven (never asked question!)live in Viva Overdrive ???? It's awesome! ;) and Flip's work is just terrific...

No, where can I get that?

uncertaindrumer
04-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Lol, those aren't going to be popular words around here. ;) I will agree with you on Pity For a Dime's solo being awesome, though. And I'll also agree with you on MOP being the best Creed album.

I'm already not very popular on these boards, but I didn't think insulting One's lyrics would be damning... I mean, what on earth could anyone like about those lyrics is beyond me. But to each his own, lol

titan9
04-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm already not very popular on these boards, but I didn't think insulting One's lyrics would be damning... I mean, what on earth could anyone like about those lyrics is beyond me. But to each his own, lol

Lol, well, considering that alot of people on here pick MOP and One as two of their favorite Creed songs, like I said, that comment won't make you popular. I actually really like the lyrics to One, but, like you said, to each his own. I do appreciate your honesty, though.

uncertaindrumer
04-05-2005, 10:25 AM
"One, oh, one. All the world is one."

Oh dear. Mind bogglingly original and touching.

lol, I am really picky when it coems to lyrics. But I do wish it had better lyrics becuase I don't mind the song otherwise...

titan9
04-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Actually, the lyrics are, "One, oh, one, the only way is one." I am also pretty picky with lyrics(and artists, for that matter) but I really, thoroughly enjoy the lyrics to this song. Even though that song was written at least 7 years ago, the meaning still applies today. At least in my opinion, anyway.

BTW, have you heard the Blue Collar version of One? It's even better than the album version

Ana4Stapp
04-05-2005, 09:23 PM
No, where can I get that?

You can get Unforgiven - Viva Overdrive on PBF site.(passionbreedsfollowers.com)
It's awesome!!!! ,even though the vid has no quality ... It is worth it
You can also see/download to Say I performed by Creed in the same show...

uncertaindrumer
04-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Huh... The only way is one? Never knew that. OH well, still bad. Far to preachy. Somehow, Scott Stapp giving me a lecture on morality is just wrong.

lol

titan9
04-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Huh... The only way is one? Never knew that. OH well, still bad. Far to preachy. Somehow, Scott Stapp giving me a lecture on morality is just wrong.

lol

Lol, I don't know about preachy(guess it depends on how you take it) but I still think the song has a good meaning. Maybe if we could just put aside our differences and try to work things out(in a non-violet way), maybe the world would be a much better place? I mean, that's the way I think of the song, personally. But it can be taken as too preachy by some, and even as a lecture. I'm not sure Stappy(I hear that name is forbidden on PBF, lol!) is the best morality lecturer, either. ;)

uncertaindrumer
04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I don't think putting aside differences and treating the world as one would be bad either.

But coming from Stapp that loses QUITE a bit.

titan9
04-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Lol! True. It does seem kinda ironic in a way.

Dogstar
04-08-2005, 11:18 PM
"One, oh, one. All the world is one."

Oh dear. Mind bogglingly original and touching.

lol, I am really picky when it coems to lyrics. But I do wish it had better lyrics becuase I don't mind the song otherwise...
One was the song that got me into Creed, but it was the music more than the words that pulled me in. I just loved the guitar on that one. MOP is my favorite album as well. It's the one I still listen to regularly. I still listen to HC quite often, too, because it has one of my fave Creed songs: Faceless Man...Weathered just hasn't passed the test of time for me. I like selected tracks, but the overall feel of it doesn't match MOP's intensity for me. There isn't one song I'd skip on MOP.

uncertaindrumer
04-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Weathered has Bullets, Freedom Fighter, and Who's got my back? all in succession so I listen to that one.

I never listen to HC.

MOP I only skip In America, MOP and One, which is ironic since Titan9 listed two of those three as his favorite songs... lol

Ana4Stapp
04-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Weathered has Bullets, Freedom Fighter, and Who's got my back? all in succession so I listen to that one.

I never listen to HC.

MOP I only skip In America, MOP and One, which is ironic since Titan9 listed two of those three as his favorite songs... lol

Actually HC is not my favorite Creed album, even though it has Faceless man...(an awesome song), Never die and Beautiful I think is the weakest Creed album.
As for One and MOP, everyone has his choices...don't worry if they won't make you popular...lol

PS: anyway, you're still a cool guy...lol :rolleyes:

johellion
04-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Actually, the lyrics are, "One, oh, one, the only way is one." I am also pretty picky with lyrics(and artists, for that matter) but I really, thoroughly enjoy the lyrics to this song. Even though that song was written at least 7 years ago, the meaning still applies today. At least in my opinion, anyway.

BTW, have you heard the Blue Collar version of One? It's even better than the album version

Yes...the blue Collar is much better..record company's tend to make things their way....but it is not always the best!!

RMadd
04-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Yes...the blue Collar is much better..record company's tend to make things their way....but it is not always the best!!
agreed.... the intro to WTLF is wicked hardcore. and the sound is more authentic, not canned as hell like modern recordings make it. if i had a band, we'd record all old-school and shit.

uncertaindrumer
04-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Stephen,

Actually HC is not my favorite Creed album, even though it has Faceless man...(an awesome song), Never die and Beautiful I think is the weakest Creed album.
As for One and MOP, everyone has his choices...don't worry if they won't make you popular...lol

PS: anyway, you're still a cool guy...lol :rolleyes:

If I was worried about being popular... I wouldn't be here anymore, lol

titan9
04-10-2005, 04:16 PM

To each his own, lol. Those two songs are the songs that made me a Creed fan. Of course, not every Creed fan is going to list those as their favorites, so I can understand why you don't like those songs. Doesn't mean I agree, lol, but you at least have a good taste in sports teams. ;)

titan9
04-10-2005, 04:18 PM

Yeah, I really wish that that version of MOP was the one released on Wind-up. Seems like every song on the Blue Collar version(4 or 5) is better than the album version of that particular song. It has more of a raw sound, which sounds great to me.

tremonti4life04
04-11-2005, 03:37 AM
I think my own prison was the best one made. It was their first album "which is always the best album from any band) and it just had a "We're new at this, but we kick a lot of ass" type of feel to it. Human Clay was their "Hey, we are into the music industry now" cd, and Weathered was their "Hey, we want pop radio airtime" cd. Plus, on MOP they were using more vintage equipment, and not the really expensive stuff that they had after MOP skyrocketed. I watched the walkthrough mark gave on all of his equipment, and i sat there drooling wishing that i could have Bogner Uberschalls and Mesa Boogie triple rectifier amps, with Mesa Boogie cabs, and my own line of PRS guitars that got pulled from production due to a lawsuit from Gibson....

geletmote
11-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I agree!

yeh ive noticed the older genaration like MOP better, but us younger teens/ adults find HUman Clay and weathered more appealing for some reason..

Steve
11-13-2005, 01:12 PM
I guess you guys just didn't get the whole grunge phase.

shiver
11-13-2005, 05:04 PM
yeh ive noticed the older genaration like MOP better, but us younger teens/ adults find HUman Clay and weathered more appealing for some reason..

I would call myself a young adult, I was a teen when Creed came out, and the reason MOP is sooooo much better than the other two is because it rocks. HC rocks less, and Weathered, even though it contains one of my favorite Creed songs, doesn't really rock, it pops. If Creed would have released another album like Weathered, or whatever crap stapp is releasing, I would have walked away from Creed. Done. Now AB just needs to kick a little more ass in their next album to keep me hooked.

Unforgiven Fan
11-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Well MOP is the best album that Creed has put out even though HC sold more. MOP is the best because was more unique in sound compared to the genre that Human Clay was released. And the drive and what helped create MOP was a more creative atmosphere compared to HC and Weathered.

Bridge of Clay
11-13-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm a Human Clay guy... I think it's brilliant except for WAWO.

geletmote
11-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm a Human Clay guy... I think it's brilliant except for WAWO.

Are u saying u dont like with arms wide open..??

geletmote
11-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I would call myself a young adult, I was a teen when Creed came out, and the reason MOP is sooooo much better than the other two is because it rocks. HC rocks less, and Weathered, even though it contains one of my favorite Creed songs, doesn't really rock, it pops. If Creed would have released another album like Weathered, or whatever crap stapp is releasing, I would have walked away from Creed. Done. Now AB just needs to kick a little more ass in their next album to keep me hooked.

Whats ur favourite creed song then? I thought weatherd was there best one but hey thats my opinion, i love all their songs in their , EVERY SONG, but One Last Breath, i still dont have words to explain how much that song means to me..

titan9
11-14-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm a rather young guy(just turned 17) but I prefer MOP. It just seems to be more original and definitely less commercial than their other two releases. Every song on MOP is at the very least really good, with some great tracks. You can't say that about a lot of albums nowadays, as there seems to be quite a bit of filler.

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Well, I am not so young as Titan - lol...but MOP was the last Creed album I bought (had one copy dowloaded from net) but is the one I like better. On second place I put Weathered and HC is the weakest cd(-except for 'Faceless Man')...well, at least for me.

GregS
11-14-2005, 12:45 PM
I prefer My Own prison aswell. Nearly all the tracks on that album are a good listen.

facelessmike
11-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I never get tired of MOP (Especially the BC Version). I was 14 when it came out and it stilll rocks for me...although HC is a close second (I also always skip WAWO!)

geletmote
11-15-2005, 05:32 AM
I never get tired of MOP (Especially the BC Version). I was 14 when it came out and it stilll rocks for me...although HC is a close second (I also always skip WAWO!)

why dont u like WAWO?
i dont understand..

Bridge of Clay
11-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Are u saying u dont like with arms wide open..??
Yes. And the reason has nothing to do with Stapp x Mark... The song just doesn't do it for me... I mean... I think it's a great tribute to Jagger and when I become a father I'll relate to it... but I don't know... it's a bit boring.

I like the Smirnoff Arena version, with the extended solo though.

geletmote
11-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Yes. And the reason has nothing to do with Stapp x Mark... The song just doesn't do it for me... I mean... I think it's a great tribute to Jagger and when I become a father I'll relate to it... but I don't know... it's a bit boring.

I like the Smirnoff Arena version, with the extended solo though.

yeh well i know its to commercial but i love it It makes me think of some wierd things in space and its mysteriousness, how good would it be to find those extended solo tabs..

IamFilthy
11-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Where can I listen to the Blue Collar versions,...other than finding one and purchasing? :samurai:

Creed7352
11-15-2005, 05:06 PM
someone would have to get that to you...cause i highly doubt you'll find one to buy.

Creed7352
11-15-2005, 05:10 PM
i tend to like HC a little less than normal because most of those songs were already heard numerous times on the MOP tour and they had been around for quite some time.

facelessmike
11-16-2005, 06:48 AM
why dont u like WAWO?
i dont understand..

Ive just heard it way too many times. Overplayed in my opinion. I tend to like the songs that arent pop singles better.

Exactly

ctfan
11-17-2005, 12:20 AM

I'm a Weathered person, with MOP following....and then HC.

Mr. Prophet Man
11-24-2005, 12:00 PM
The darkest, heaviest, and best Creed album ever made, enough said

Oluf
11-24-2005, 04:12 PM
I consider myself pretty young (18!) and I think that MOP is clearly the best album (MOP is also on my top 3 list of creed songs..if I dare to make one that is ;) )

on an other note: To those of you who doesnt like One try and listen to the blue collar version..it is a *lot* better imo

Dogstar
11-24-2005, 07:18 PM
I love ONE...That's the song that got me into Creed. I love the guitar in that song.

Robin101
12-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Just browsing the web and stumbled upon The Billboard 200 chart of 5 years ago. (December 23, 2000)

http://www.vnuemedia.com/bb/charts/ago/rewind.jsp?REWIND_YEAR=5&which=bb200

Human Clay was at Number 4, had peaked at Number 1 (obviously!) and had already spent 63 weeks on the chart. What a difference...

Take Care

guitardude1985
12-17-2005, 10:40 PM
It's rawness is one factor....more, I can't think right now.

nagpo
01-15-2006, 03:32 PM
it rocks hard. those awsome guitar solos

guitardude1985
01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
it rocks hard. those awsome guitar solos

Guitar solos? There's only one and thats in "pity for a dime."

GregS
01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
No.. theres 1 in " stand here with me " aswell. Cant think of any from HC though

jammy123
01-15-2006, 08:02 PM
i'm a weathered guy....followed by HC(say i)...MOP....mop's got awsome stuff but yknow its hard to list according to preference cz each album has its own thing

nagpo
01-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Guitar solos? There's only one and thats in "pity for a dime."
theres also one in unforgiven. theres probalbly more, i forgot.

jammy123
01-16-2006, 09:06 AM
thats not a solo

RoffeDH
01-16-2006, 10:31 AM
No, there's no solo in MOP, Mark have admittet that he couldn't solo at the time that they recorded MOP...

nagpo
01-16-2006, 01:47 PM
No, there's no solo in MOP, Mark have admittet that he couldn't solo at the time that they recorded MOP...
damn, i wish i knew what a solo was. i thoght it was when the guitar started to...i dont know how to explain it.

guitardude1985
01-16-2006, 03:23 PM
A guitar solo is a series of notes, or could be screding where you tap your fingers on a string really fast. It's also a series of notes that follows the basic fabric of the song.

"No, there's no solo in MOP, Mark have admittet that he couldn't solo at the time that they recorded MOP..."

Where did you read that? It sounds just a tad bit bullshitanized, last time I did an audial diagnotic of pity for a dime I could of sworn to myself that, that song had a guitar solo in it. And in just a illusion nagpo, thats what you would call a riff.

Unforgiven Fan
01-16-2006, 03:47 PM
most "solos" can be classified on MOP as leads, interludes, breaks, and bit of soloing...Pity of the Dime part slants toward a combo of leads, interludes, and a solo.

nagpo
01-16-2006, 06:43 PM
thanks guys

guitardude1985
01-16-2006, 10:56 PM
most "solos" can be classified on MOP as leads, interludes, breaks, and bit of soloing...Pity of the Dime part slants toward a combo of leads, interludes, and a solo.

True.