Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
In Due Time Liken To MOP [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : In Due Time Liken To MOP

NeedforCreed
03-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Until I bought tickets to AB, I had never heard of Submersed. After I went to the concert, I almost immediately bought In Due Time. I've listened to it over and over just as I have MOP, which most of us here hold near and dear. It's uncanny how In Due Time has that same post-grunge alternative sound as MOP. I don't know if it will be a classic as MOP, but the potential is there. I believe Submersed is a band that we'll be hearing a lot more from. If their next cd is half the quality as the current one, then my order is already placed.

The Lithium
03-30-2005, 05:39 AM
What the hell are you talking about dude? MOP and IDT are totally different!

Bridge of Clay
03-30-2005, 07:18 AM
yeah that... and I'm not into MOP as much as the others, it's my least fav Creed album to be honest.

NeedforCreed
03-30-2005, 08:56 AM

Totally different? You're welcome to your opinion, but don't tell me you don't see a common thread (if you'll excuse the pun) in the two. Check out the following reviews (first one wouldn't allow me to copy, but you can check it out with URL) and you'll see I'm not the only one who sees the resemblence. The latter isn't flattering, but the author still notices the likeness.

http://www.antimusic.com/live/2004/alterbridge.shtml
http://www.decoymusic.com/reviewscontent.php?review=1304

With In Due Time, Submersed simultaneously write songs that indulge the harder, well-written edge of label mates Strata and, unfortunately, tread into the Creed, radio-friendliness territory as well. At many times, it felt like this disc was a compilation of two distinct bands trying to synthesize their sound into a cohesive whole. One great example of this is the song “Dripping”. It starts out on a mellow rock vibe (a la most rock radio singles) and the verses share this vibe, yet when the chorus kicks in, you’re confronted with a textured, heavy passage that feels so much more… mature than an average radio rock band’s songs.

Some songs are just blatantly bad, like “Parallelism”, “Piano Song”, and “Unconcerned”. Each of these fall smack dab into the middle of Creed-wannabe-ville. On the other hand, there are songs such as “Flicker”, “Divide the Hate”, and “At Peace” that are very competent hard rock songs. It’s because of these offsetting good and bad songs that this cd may or may not be a good purchase. In the end it’ll have to come down to how well you can tolerate listening to throwaway songs to get to the good stuff. If you don’t mind doing that, then you might as well give this disc a shot.

RIYL:
Trapt
Strata
Seven Wiser
Creed

--Rick Gebhardt

Bridge of Clay
03-30-2005, 12:11 PM
There's likeness to Creed, but not to MOP specifically. Neither of the articles make comparissons to MOP.

Which was our point (mine and Seb's).

Dogstar
03-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Didn't Mark help produce In Due Time, and Flip played some drums, yes? I definitely hear the resemblance to Creed in Parallelism, but the one writer was correct in my mind by noting the songs that really stand out. Those happen to be my favorites. Flicker is awesome, as is To Peace and Hollow. Plus, they kick ass live. :D They sound better live than they do on the CD.

NeedforCreed
04-01-2005, 07:39 AM

Was referring to the style, not the sound. If you listen for that, I believe you'll see a resemblence.

RMadd
04-04-2005, 10:42 AM
i dunno if they're alike or not with regard to the things that were mentioned, but i know i like both albums pretty well

uncertaindrumer
04-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Submersed is far heavier than MOP was... FAR heavier. Also, MOP was a better album. I can't believe I'm saying that...

I really do not like Submersed very much. Their album came highly recommended and normally I like that kind of music. Also, their guitarist is supposedly a prodigy.

Yet no evidence of his amazing skills are displayed, the lyrics are terribly bland, the songs all rely on ridiculous amounts of distortion and very little substance... Nothing interesting in the entire album. Boring.

Definitely has some comparisons to MOP (bland lyrics, too many radio friendly hooks), but not anything more specific that I can tell.