Weathered
12-12-2002, 07:08 PM
who likes chevelle...ive donwloaded a lot of their songs...they all kick ass

JenRN
12-12-2002, 09:41 PM
I bought their Cd, Pretty good!:D

Read JDM
12-12-2002, 09:57 PM
I love them. It's between their CD and Foo Fighters for my favorite album of the year. My favorite songs on the Chevelle album are:

Track 1: Family System
Track 2: Comfortable Liar
Track 3: Send The Pain Below
Track 5: The Red
Track 6: Wonder What's Next

What an awesome band. They kick so much ass.

Weathered
12-12-2002, 10:19 PM
ive just downloaded the cd and burned it...im getting ot for christmas too...like to support the bands...and theres not a song on this cd that i dont love...especially the last song...one lonely visitor....so nice...anyway...i never knew they were that heavy from only hearing "the red"

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 01:55 PM
I wasn't real keen on The Red at first. It's kind of growing on me, though. The other songs are heavier than The Red? Maybe I'll give the CD a shot.

Weathered
12-15-2002, 09:10 PM
yeah its a lot heavier

luvscott4ever
12-16-2002, 07:25 AM
I'm going to be seeing them on Friday nite...Our local holiday concert, called Nutcracker...with them will be Stone Sour and a couple of other bands I've never heard of and the Headliner (the main reason why I'm going) is DISTURBED!!!! I think it will ROCK!! I'll have to let you all know how Chevelle is in concert, it otta be GREAT!! Especially Disturbed!!

hotforscott
12-16-2002, 07:37 AM
I may have to pick that one up also. Seems to be pretty well liked by all, and we know we all have kick ass taste in music. Luvscott4ever, sounds like the concert will be fun. Let us know how it goes.

Weathered
12-16-2002, 05:15 PM
yeah let us know...i would love to be there

Dogstar
12-16-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
I'll have to let you all know how Chevelle is in concert, it otta be GREAT!!  Especially Disturbed!!

Please do, that would be great. By the way, nice to see ya!

Read JDM
12-17-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I wasn't real keen on The Red at first. It's kind of growing on me, though. The other songs are heavier than The Red? Maybe I'll give the CD a shot.

Listen to Family System, Comfortable Liar and Wonder What's Next -- all three are great heavy songs. Man, I love this CD.

JenRN
12-17-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
Listen to Family System, Comfortable Liar and Wonder What's Next -- all three are great heavy songs. Man, I love this CD.

Yeah I like those heavy songs too! I think they sound a lot like TOOL. I like TOOL as well, so Chevelle is cool to me!

Dogstar
12-18-2002, 02:31 AM
Thanks, Read, I'll dl them and give them a listen...I love Tool, too, Jen...Maynard is the sh**!

JenRN
12-18-2002, 09:00 AM
Thanks, Read, I'll dl them and give them a listen...I love Tool, too, Jen...Maynard is the sh**!

You know it!:D Maynard.... sounds like such a country boy's name!;)

Read JDM
12-18-2002, 08:59 PM
I think Maynard is the coolest name. If I ever have a kid, I'm naming him Maynard -- even if it's a girl.

Weathered
12-18-2002, 10:16 PM
lets just say the their "Christian Tool" chevelle are christians....(not a christian band) so i guess you could say sort of how creed is...and i trhink they sound like a mix b/t korn and tool....

Dogstar
12-19-2002, 01:04 AM
Read, so far I've dl'ed Comfortable Liar and Family System and I LOVE them. They do kick a**. Nice harmonies in CL...I think I will have to buy this CD.

Read JDM
12-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Read, so far I've dl'ed Comfortable Liar and Family System and I LOVE them. They do kick a**. Nice harmonies in CL...I think I will have to buy this CD.

Man, that brings a smile to my face. Chevelle rules.

Dogstar
12-19-2002, 04:35 PM
:) I also dl'ed Walk Away by Mad At Gravity...Jury is still out on them. Do they have a new frontman now?

Read JDM
12-19-2002, 07:04 PM
:) I also dl'ed Walk Away by Mad At Gravity...Jury is still out on them. Do they have a new frontman now?

Not yet. I think they're doing a Limp Bizkit-style search for a replacement, if you're interested.;)

Dogstar
12-19-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
Not yet. I think they're doing a Limp Bizkit-style search for a replacement, if you're interested.;)

Hehe...just curious...Maybe I could take them better if they had a different lead singer. ;)

Dogstar
12-21-2002, 09:16 PM
Got the Chevelle CD today. I really like it! I think my favorite so far is An Evening With El Diablo. That song is awesome. Wonder What's Next kicks a**, too. The singer is a champion screamer! All in the right places, I might add. Very cool CD.

JenRN
12-21-2002, 10:46 PM
So glad you like it Dogstar!:D It is a damn good Cd!:)

Read JDM
12-22-2002, 11:28 AM
Got the Chevelle CD today. I really like it! I think my favorite so far is An Evening With El Diablo. That song is awesome. Wonder What's Next kicks a**, too.  The singer is a champion screamer! All in the right places, I might add. Very cool CD.

You know, sometimes I'll sit there listening to music, and I'll go, "Oh, man, this song is great, but... I would've recorded that one part different" (not that I record music; you know what I mean). But with Chevelle, I never find myself doing that. Their album is truly one of the most finely crafted hard rock CDs to come around in a while. Everything fits into place perfectly. I can't stop listening to it!

By the way, for anyone interested, I downloaded their first CD -- Point #1. It's pretty good. Nowhere's near the sheer quality of Wonder What's Next, but it's stilll a rockin' good time.

Dogstar
12-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Yes, Read, you are right. I don't find myself wanting to skip any tracks, either. Always a good sign of a well-done album.

PaulMcCoygirl
12-25-2002, 11:44 PM
That's the same way I think too! If I don't have to skip any tracks, then the album is very well done!:dancing:

Weathered
12-26-2002, 12:45 AM
i dont really like evening with el diablo that much...i mean i like it but its not that great

PaulMcCoygirl
01-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Weathered
i dont really like evening with el diablo that much...i mean i like it but its not that great

So what's your favorite song? :)

rodirocker
01-07-2003, 01:00 AM
Chevelle rocks! I downloaded a bunch of their songs and I really like them. They are a true rock band, on the same page as Creed, not quite there yet of course. I heard on the radio that they were brothers in the band, is that true???

Does anybody know what The Red is about? just wondering...

Dogstar
01-07-2003, 01:03 AM
I don't know much about the band yet, but I think you're right, they are definitely rocking. I just bought the CD and I'm digging it big-time. I don't know all the words to The Red yet, so I have my take on it yet. What do you think it's about?

PaulMcCoygirl
01-08-2003, 12:10 AM
The lead singer and lead guitaris are twins, so you heard right!