Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Another Stapp update [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Another Stapp update

titan9
03-05-2005, 06:40 PM
This was posted at PBF yesterday, and I thought it was of interest. So here it is:

----------------------
Today Kiki passed on a few things to update you guys with.

He said that of course they're in the studio, they're in the process of building a new studio and moving in to it, so that's what's keeping them busy right now. The album is TENTATIVELY due in August. I stress the tentative nature of it - very few things are for certain in this industry.

Another thing on the agenda is Scott's going to take a couple of days soon and shoot a commercial for NASCAR. They don't have an air date for it yet, they'll probably sit on it for a couple of months until they know which song is going to be the lead single off Scott's album, then they'll lay that in. We'll try to keep you updated on that!

Finally, keep an eye on SS.com, it's supposed to be receiving at least a small update soon, though that ball is in WU's court right now so who knows how long it'll take them to get their act together.

So that's the scoop for the moment. Sorry there's not more details but I don't think there's a whole lot you can say about "We're in the studio."
-----------------------

Some new stuff in there. The album is scheduled for August. It's good that they finally put a month up. And, Scott's site is supposed to receive a update. That's another good thing. The nascar commercial sounds interesting as well.

revisfoot
03-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Okay, so we went from August of '04 to November of '04 to Feb/March of 05 to June of '05, to TENTATIVELY August of 0 fricken 5. Good Lord, Stapp, get your sh*t together! Or, all this "tentative" crap is going to end up getting your sh*t ruined. I'm 19 now, so I'll come back in 10 years to see if MAYBE you've gotten the second song produced yet.

Dogstar
03-05-2005, 06:54 PM
This has "Chinese Democracy" written all over it. Thanks for the info, though, titan.

titan9
03-05-2005, 06:56 PM
This has "Chinese Democracy" written all over it. Thanks for the info, though, titan.

I hope it doesn't. I'd like to think that Stapp and Wind-Up will stick to their word about when it comes out. If not, it's going to disappoint alot of fans, myself included. I've stuck by Stapp and I'll continue to do so as long as he puts some music out.

Dogstar
03-05-2005, 06:57 PM
It just seems as if he keeps finding other things to take up his time. It's getting a tad frustrating, especially when there are so few details.

TeriB19
03-05-2005, 10:03 PM
It just seems as if he keeps finding other things to take up his time. It's getting a tad frustrating, especially when there are so few details.
You said a mouthful. It's sad to say this, but these delays aren't helping, they are only hurting his chances of keeping those fans that want to believe in him. The longer they put people off, the better his solo stuff better be.

titan9
03-05-2005, 10:03 PM
I agree, Dogstar. I'd like to see more information, and, if some songs are done, some clips posted on the site. As I've said before, why can't Stapp write a little diary for his site, keeping all of his fans up to date on what he is doing? It sure would please alot of fans. I don't know if it's Stapp getting distracted, or if it is really taking this long to record an album. But the bottom line is that he needs to get that CD out by the end of this year. Any later than 2005 will be a huge mistake on his part, and could cost him alot of fans. I've tried to remain positive about his solo career, but I admit, I'm a bit frustrated with there being no new sound clips and hardly any updates. I'm also frustrated that this album keeps getting delayed.

aussiecreeder
03-06-2005, 12:10 AM

I'm sorry to say this but I agree. Dates are getting pushed back and we are not seeing much produced. One only has to look at how fast the AB guys pushed out an album to see how it can be done if the creative juices are flowing. I wish the best for Scott and his work but I'm not too hopeful.

Ann Allusion
03-06-2005, 11:35 AM
It's sad to say this, but these delays aren't helping, they are only hurting his chances of keeping those fans that want to believe in him.

actually, i think it is quite the opposite...the fans that REALLY do believe in what he is capable of are the ones that WILL be here long after the rest have given up.

The longer they put people off, the better his solo stuff better be.

As for "putting people off"...ummm...don't think so, but again, that's just my opinion. The entertainment business is not an exact science...and situations change daily for one reason or another...

the best is yet to come...whether the majority believe it or not, their choice...but information of any kind on how things are going is always appreciated... :D

creedsister
03-06-2005, 12:24 PM
:smokin: cool :D

TeriB19
03-06-2005, 03:50 PM
actually, i think it is quite the opposite...the fans that REALLY do believe in what he is capable of are the ones that WILL be here long after the rest have given up.
Well I'm sure you'll all be happy together. But I'm reminded of a local commercial for a furniture company. A young woman who just purchased furniture is sitting in a chair waiting for the furniture to be delivered. As the commercial progresses, she gets older (through the magic of television) and older until she's an old woman waiting in a rocking chair with cobwebs on her. The announcer says through the whole commercial: It should be any day now, any day now, any day now.

My point is, the longer it takes, the more likely it is that some (not all) will lose interest and move onto other things. They are less likely to run out and buy his new CD, and are more likely to wait until they either see a review or read about it on a message board. If you don't keep things fresh in the public's mind, the public is likely to forget about you.

the best is yet to come...whether the majority believe it or not, their choice...but information of any kind on how things are going is always appreciated... :DInformation is one thing, patronizing news from 'official sources,' such as Kiki, is something totally different.

titan9
03-06-2005, 04:02 PM
I agree, Teri. Scott NEEDS to get this album out this year. Any later than that could cost him alot of fans. I've stuck by his music, but even I'm getting impatient. We need to hear some track clips, maybe even some video of him in the studio recording? We also need a FIRM date for his solo album. Not a "tenative" date. As I've said before, some web site updates would be nice as well. The longer this album takes, the more fans that could be lost. That's the bottom line.

Higher_Desire
03-06-2005, 04:28 PM
He said that of course they're in the studio, they're in the process of building a new studio and moving in to it, so that's what's keeping them busy right now. The album is TENTATIVELY due in August. I stress the tentative nature of it - very few things are for certain in this industry.
Holy frick. That dang thing is never going to come out.
Finally, keep an eye on SS.com, it's supposed to be receiving at least a small update soon, though that ball is in WU's court right now so who knows how long it'll take them to get their act together.
About freaking time. It hasn't been updated in year. :mad:

H-D :pimp:

Frankie
03-06-2005, 04:44 PM
You know what...nevermind...it's just not worth it.

Dogstar
03-06-2005, 04:55 PM
But everyone accepts all of michael's patronizing news without question...right?
Michael's news usually had something specific noted, like guitar tracks being laid down, vocals being completed, preview sessions for select people, or concert date updates, and that sort of thing.

And maybe I've missed something

Could someone clue me in on what "other things" Scott has been doing?
Oh that's right...shame on him...he did make an appearance at a charity event more than 2 months ago...
In Kiki's note did it not say something about his filming a NASCAR commercial? Granted, I'm sure an artist isn't working 24/7 on only a music project, but still, these diversions take him away from what he supposedly says he wants to do.

And why is a new studio needed in the first place? This is the same thing GnR (Axl, I should say) kept pulling with Geffen Records regarding Chinese Democracy, changing studios, producers, band lineups...The whole tone of that note from Kiki (TENTATIVELY in caps, for example) suggests that August might even be a tad optimistic. We all know nothing in the music biz is an exact science, but if you really want to get something out, you can, especially if you already have a label.

And ScottStapp.com is in Wind-Ups hands...they were asked to update it some weeks ago... Asked by who? If Scott were a priority, they would have updated it long ago.

Ann Allusion
03-06-2005, 05:14 PM
You know what...nevermind...it's just not worth it.

Exactly, Frankie...it will never matter what stapp does, or what information comes out about his project, specific or non-specific. if people really are interested, they will find their way to a more condusive environment.

This is an Alter Bridge board, the only reason this forum is here, as far as i can tell is to make it APPEAR that equal time is being given, or for those FEW that have the ability to enjoy the possibilities of BOTH stapp and Alter Bridge.....

TeriB19
03-06-2005, 05:20 PM
This is an Alter Bridge board, the only reason this forum is here, as far as i can tell is to make it APPEAR that equal time is being given, or for those FEW that have the ability to enjoy the possibilities of BOTH stapp and Alter Bridge.....
Wow, what a statement. If Stapp ever produces anything for us to talk about, other than statements from his buddies, maybe there would be more talk in the Stapp forum.

As for Michael, there are many of us who've actually MET and TALKED with the man regarding the things AB are and will be doing. Who among us has met Kiki and can vouch for his word?

James_T
03-06-2005, 07:41 PM
I could care less about the details of all the matters, i'm just gonna repeat what is on everyone else's mind too, Scott Stapp NEEDS to come out with something soon. Not for the fact that he will lose any fans, but he is just a great singer, and i'm ready for some new stuff. Rock On Scotty!!!!

ctfan
03-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Wow, what a statement. If Stapp ever produces anything for us to talk about, other than statements from his buddies, maybe there would be more talk in the Stapp forum.

As for Michael, there are many of us who've actually MET and TALKED with the man regarding the things AB are and will be doing. Who among us has met Kiki and can vouch for his word?

Oh but there has been something that Stapp has produced, and they were talked about. Funny thing is...those threads were closed. Locked down because NOTHING that Stapp ever does is talked about here in a positive fashion. In fact, the 3 pages of threads in this forum, 5 of them are locked. They started out ok, but they all turned to crap within hours of being posted.

There are more threads here asking about "when oh when", "where is Stapp", "how much longer" "I'm getting tired of waiting", "what's the word on Stapp and his cd". Well, you got your info...and lo freakin behold, it's not good enough. In fact, because Kiki didn't pass that info along to someone in person....it's patronizing and a lie??????? Is that what your trying to say???

:wtf:

If he's lost you as fan because he didn't come out with the music you've been waiting for...when YOU want it, then he's just lost you as a fan. But damn, to come out here and just rip every thread to hell and back everytime some info (ANY info) is posted is almost like it's being done on purpose.

uncertaindrumer
03-07-2005, 10:19 AM
I know that as someone who does not like Stapp very much (/understatement), yet is still interested in what he could put out thanks to his work in Creed, he is definitely losing my interest.

So you can say, "what does that matter, you hate Stapp anyway", but in truth, ANYONE who is not a die-hard Scott Fan has to be annoyed. I certainly couldn't care less about his album now, and I know a few people who were actually looking FORWARD to it who now don't even know when its scheduled to come out, because they have lost all interest.

Stapp apparently thinks he has a huge undying fanbase that will stay with him no matter what. Contrary to semi-popular belief, this isn't TRUE. Not only does he have a very LIMITED fanbase, but the more popular Alter Bridge gets, it seems the more people forget about Stapp. A few of my creed-loving friends were equally excited about AB and Stapp and now they have almost forgotten about him because while AB tours the world, Stapp is *seemingly* sitting on his butt doing nothing.

NO ONE that didn't like Creed liked Scott Stapp. NO ONE. So basically, his fanbase AS OF NOW comes entirely from Creed fans, and it isn't like they don't have anywhere else to turn. Scott is really dropping the ball here and I'm not sure why no one around him is giving him a kick in the pants, saying "get your act together".

I'm not saying this as a Stapp basher. If I wanted to bash him I could do it much mroe thoroughly. I'm saying, for his OWN GOOD, he needs to get some stuff out SOON.

And ctfan, the reason the info is getting ripped is because--as far as I can see--everytime new Stapp info gets posted, its always ANOTHER FRIGGIN DELAY. Now, I am no Stapp fan so when I see this I kidna just chuckle and move on. I can't wait to hear what he has in mind for his solo album, but its more from a curiosity point of view than a "I think this is gonna rock" point of view. But if you LIKE Stapp, wouldn't you be getting friggin ANNOYED?

Am I wrong here? I mean, when even titan9 admits he is getting annoyed, Stapp has to be doing something VERY dumb. As others has said, you CAN get a record out a lot faster than this. It isn't like they are moving as fast as they can.

titan9
03-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Am I wrong here? I mean, when even titan9 admits he is getting annoyed, Stapp has to be doing something VERY dumb. As others has said, you CAN get a record out a lot faster than this. It isn't like they are moving as fast as they can.

Yes, I am getting a little annoyed. I'm just annoyed at this situation, the fact that we are not getting the updates that we deserve. Where are the updates to Stapp's site? Where are some clips of what he's, so far, got recorded? As you all know, I've been a Stapp supporter and will continue to be. But I want to hear the new music. Scott is one of my favorite singers, and I want to hear more from him. Relearn Love is a good song, and I like it alot, but I want to hear more new songs from Scott. I'm getting annoyed that the new stuff keeps getting delayed, whether that's Scott's fault or Wind-Up's fault, it doesn't really matter. Not all of Scott's fanbase is going to stick with him. The longer the album takes to make, the more fans that lose interest and leave Scott. If he waits long enough, all that's going to be left are his diehard fans, and, unfortunately, I don't think he has alot of those fans. Keep in mind, I am not bashing Scott. I'm one of those diehard fans who will stick with his music no matter what. All I'm saying is that, if he wants this solo career to be a success, he needs to put out the music and do so as quickly as possible. If we're going to compare, Alter Bridge put out an excellent album in less than a year. Scott's taking, what, over a year to put out an album. What if Alter Bridge puts out their second album before Scott puts out his first? How is that going to look to the non-diehard fans? Not very good. My whole point is that he needs to get this album out, and do it by the end of 2005. Any later will hurt his career.

RMadd
03-07-2005, 01:36 PM
This has "Chinese Democracy" written all over it.
:hammerlol

Ann Allusion
03-07-2005, 01:42 PM
But if you LIKE Stapp, wouldn't you be getting friggin ANNOYED?

ya know, uncertain drummer....i guess that would depend on the person, now wouldn't it?...everyone is different.

Everyone that is interested in what stapp has to offer is anxious to hear what he has to offer, just that some of us are more patient than others...and at the end of the day, i would rather have quality...and that kind of music and writing can't be done ON DEMAND, whether it is from the fans or the label, that's just not how the process happens if it is expected to retain a modicum of integrity. Granted, there are many out there that will do it that way...cookie cutter music, sounds the same as everybody else music...not what i care to listen to.

So what if stapp is taking his time...instead of raggin' on the guy for it, try and learn some understanding...and realize that everyone of you that are so "upset" that you are not getting what you want NOW will be the first in line to buy tickets when you get something that was worth the wait.

Bridge of Clay
03-07-2005, 01:48 PM
boo hoo, this is an AB board boo hoo

fact is the band that was to become AB cared enough about their fans to have someone giving DETAILS of what, where and with who they were doing it, since the search for a singer until album post-production.

Stapp setting up a studio... alright, that's cool... but how long is it taking? Creed set up a home studio for HC and Weathered within weeks... the problem is... how focused Stapp is in his solo career?

AB worked hard and non-stop to get their stuff done. Stapp seems to be slacking.

And it hurts me to say this, coz I'm really interested in what Stapp will bring for us.
But the way it's going... it leaves me with doubts.

Scott still has to take advantage of people remembering Creed. Soon most non-die hard fans will forget about it. From "Stapp, lead singer from Creed" he's becoming "Scott who? oh! right... that guy from Creed".

titan9
03-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Scott still has to take advantage of people remembering Creed. Soon most non-die hard fans will forget about it. From "Stapp, lead singer from Creed" he's becoming "Scott who? oh! right... that guy from Creed".

Which was my point exactly. The longer that Scott waits to put out this album, the less people who will remember him and be anxious to hear what he puts out. I understand that it takes a while to create an album, but if Alter Bridge can do it in less than a year, why can't Scott? It just seems as if there are alot of delays with him actually recording the album. Up until recently, weren't Scott and Goneblind in the pre-recording phase? Why has it taken Scott this long to actually record the songs? That's what I am wondering, and I am sure alot of other fans wonder about that as well. Again, don't take this as me bashing Scott. I'm a huge fan of his, just as I am a huge fan of Alter Bridge. I'll buy Scott's solo album no matter what, even if it comes out in 2008. But not all fans are that understanding, that willing to wait for one album. Not all fans are as patient as the diehard Stapp fans are. I've tried to be patient and positive about his solo album, but the more and more it gets delayed, the harder and harder it becomes for me(and other fans, I'd assume) to stay patient and positive.

Trimontana
03-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Let's called this thread...."Stapp and the neverending album" :roll: :roll: :roll:
Stapp cracks me up....

Stapp apparently thinks he has a huge undying fanbase that will stay with him no matter what. Contrary to semi-popular belief, this isn't TRUE. Not only does he have a very LIMITED fanbase, but the more popular Alter Bridge gets, it seems the more people forget about Stapp. A few of my creed-loving friends were equally excited about AB and Stapp and now they have almost forgotten about him because while AB tours the world, Stapp is *seemingly* sitting on his butt doing nothing.

You are rite Uncertaindrumer...Ab is touring Europe now....the third time since september...and they will come back for Festival all around Europe in June. I dont think Stapp than even do half of what Ab are doing rite now when he releases his album....if he does finally.

titan9
03-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Let's called this thread...."Stapp and the neverending album" :roll: :roll: :roll:
Stapp cracks me up....

You are rite Uncertaindrumer...Ab is touring Europe now....the third time since september...and they will come back for Festival all around Europe in June. I dont think Stapp than even do half of what Ab are doing rite now when he releases his album....if he does finally.

I think when he does tour, it will not be as much as AB. That's not because he's lazy, but rather because he has a son and his a single father. Obviously, his son is going to play a role in how much he tours. I think I've heard him say(and I'm not 100% sure about this) that he only wants to tour during the Summer months. That's understandable, as he could take Jagger with him during the summer, if he chose to do that. So, if he doesn't tour as much as AB, it's not because he's lazy or doesn't care about his fans. It's most likely because of his personal life.

Trimontana
03-07-2005, 03:20 PM
^^^^^Yeah,yeah...again with the son excuse..i listen to this excuse many times. I dont believe his son would be the reason for him to dont tour as much as AB :syncdance

titan9
03-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't think it's an excuse, and I think that would be one of the main factors, based on what Scott has said in some of his interviews. Obviously, he doesn't favor touring all the time and puts his son and his family above his career. If he does just a summer tour, that's alright and understandable. At least in my opinion it is.

Bridge of Clay
03-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I think when he does tour, it will not be as much as AB. That's not because he's lazy, but rather because he has a son and his a single father. Obviously, his son is going to play a role in how much he tours. I think I've heard him say(and I'm not 100% sure about this) that he only wants to tour during the Summer months. That's understandable, as he could take Jagger with him during the summer, if he chose to do that. So, if he doesn't tour as much as AB, it's not because he's lazy or doesn't care about his fans. It's most likely because of his personal life.
then... he needs to rush, record and release his album before summer and not late august. otherwise he'll tour only in 2006, which is a good excuse to push his album back, again.

titan9
03-07-2005, 04:08 PM
True, Marcos. He needs to get the album done.

TeriB19
03-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Anyone remember last spring when Scott was doing the TV Talk show tour about his upcoming project with 7 Aurealis? Remember, he said it would be a mix between rock and stuff that would make your 15's go thump in the back?? I do. I remember it was a year ago. I remember it was back when he swore Creed was just taking a break. Now, here it is a year later. My 15's still aren't thumping. However, I have seen Alterbridge twice. And they were awesome. Fresh.

I KNOW that Stapp has the potential to rock my world with his live performance. I KNOW that he has incredible stage presence, and I KNOW that I'd like to hear some new stuff from him. But I have to agree with uncertaindrummer in that his Creed fanbase (again, some, not all) will start to dwindle with time. And the longer he takes in producing some product, the farther back in our minds he'll go. And I do agree, it's probably going to end up like "Scott who? Oh, that guy from Creed."

titan9
03-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Anyone remember last spring when Scott was doing the TV Talk show tour about his upcoming project with 7 Aurealis? Remember, he said it would be a mix between rock and stuff that would make your 15's go thump in the back?? I do. I remember it was a year ago. I remember it was back when he swore Creed was just taking a break. Now, here it is a year later. My 15's still aren't thumping. However, I have seen Alterbridge twice. And they were awesome. Fresh.

I KNOW that Stapp has the potential to rock my world with his live performance. I KNOW that he has incredible stage presence, and I KNOW that I'd like to hear some new stuff from him. But I have to agree with uncertaindrummer in that his Creed fanbase (again, some, not all) will start to dwindle with time. And the longer he takes in producing some product, the farther back in our minds he'll go. And I do agree, it's probably going to end up like "Scott who? Oh, that guy from Creed."

I hope it doesn't end up like that, but, sadly, I've realized that it's a possibility. If Scott could just put that album out within the next few months, it would shut everyone(including myself) up about the lack of new material. As you said, when Scott releases the new stuff and goes on tour, he has the potential to be awesome. But he has to release the CD first. When Creed broke up, I viewed it in a positive light that now we're gonna get twice the amount of great music. Alter Bridge has already delivered and now it's Stapp's turn. And I know that when he does put the CD out, it's gonna rock.

Ana4Stapp
03-07-2005, 09:42 PM

No Stephen, you're right!! It's quite obvious: Stapp needs to give us something ! He needs to came out with some stuff !!Relearn Love is the only thing in amost a year!.. And he's still pre-recording the songs!It seems he' not focusing in his solo career, and I can't think what he means...
He seems totally lost...
Yeah, you know I'm a Stapp's die-hard fan, but I am getting annoyed too... :mad:

uncertaindrumer
03-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Well good, because if diehard Stapp fans WEREN'T getting annoyed I would have to proclaim you insane, lol. I know that if I were to switch positions (put AB in Scott's place and vise versa) I would be PULLING MY HAIR out with how mad I would be at Tremonti.

Fortunately for me I don't have to worry about that, but the point remains the same.

Scott has to come out with an album before he has no fans left.

Steve
03-07-2005, 11:13 PM
This is getting to be bad. A year later and still nothing. And I don't buy the "taking the time to produce quality music" argument. Creed shelled out their music fairly quickly. And I think everyone here would say that Creed's music wasn't crap, even if it were written fairly quickly.

Dogstar
03-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Exactly, Steve. Like I said...Chinese Democracy.

Trimontana
03-08-2005, 08:03 AM
The Stapp neverending album...i agree with Kerri.

Agent D
03-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah, personally, I've just given up hope.

Scotts Angel
03-08-2005, 07:04 PM
:hugs: :dancing: :hugs: I think good things come to those who wait! I also will NEVER give up on Scott. I always got the impression that Scott is a perfecionist, and he wants to give his fans better than his best. I for one really enjoyed his song: "Relearn Love". I think the wait will only sweeten the deal when his new CD comes out. I think it will be like an old beloved lost friend, those old feelings will come rushing back pounding in your heart, and in your head. It will be like we were never apart!!!

Ann Allusion
03-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah, personally, I've just given up hope.

:laugh:...well, that's your choice and so it seems to be that of quite a few others, too...gotta say that in that case...it just leaves more for everybody else that didn't give up... ;)

Oh, and btw, Tremontana...since you have said i should address you on the board instead of PM...

in reply to the PM i sent you...YOU were the one that made the "comment" of a personal nature...not me.

as you suggested...discuss the music...not the musician, a lot of people could do well to remember that the next time they decide to "just speak their mind"...take care, sweetie... :)

uncertaindrumer
03-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Well this thread was rather useless.

Agent D
03-08-2005, 10:12 PM
:laugh:...well, that's your choice and so it seems to be that of quite a few others, too...gotta say that in that case...it just leaves more for everybody else that didn't give up... ;)

Uh, yeah, because we're all missing out on so much by deciding not to defend Stapp's lateness at every turn. :rolleyes: As for leaving more for those of you who haven't given up, well, that's not true because I'll still buy the damn cd when it comes out. I'm just not camping outside Circuit City just yet. ;)

Well this thread was rather useless.

I'd have to agree.

TeriB19
03-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Excuse me, can anyone lend me a crowbar? I think it's going to take more than just brute force to pry Ann's head out of Stapp's ass. Sorry Ann, but I think you're really putting way too much faith in one person who doesn't seem as passionate about his own solo stuff as you do.

ctfan
03-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Excuse me, can anyone lend me a crowbar? I think it's going to take more than just brute force to pry Ann's head out of Stapp's ass. Sorry Ann, but I think you're really putting way too much faith in one person who doesn't seem as passionate about his own solo stuff as you do.

LMAO!!! Not only do you have his entire off time composed into a time-line, (I remember this, I remember that...15's thumping, blah, blah, blah) you know about his fanbase...and now his passion!!!!! Not to mention where Ann's head may be. (Ann, sorry if I stepped over the line, my apologies)

AND your questioning someone else's faith...OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

But damn, just yesterday...this info wasn't worthy. You've changed your mind?? LMAO again!!!!!!!!!!

Mods poking fun at their own members. Ain't that just the way.

Oh, and to uncertaindrummer. I'm not annoyed, just think of it this way. I don't have the same mindset you do..... :D

Gotta go....nosebleed. It's that "being on a cross" thing again. High altitude an all. I'm hoping with those rose colored glasses I wear, no one will notice....LMAO..... :D .

Ann Allusion
03-09-2005, 01:45 AM
ctfan...no problem with what you have said...in fact i find it worth a good laugh as well...:laugh:

Bridge of Clay
03-09-2005, 07:25 AM
as you suggested...discuss the music...not the musician, a lot of people could do well to remember that the next time they decide to "just speak their mind"...take care, sweetie... :)

I guess you should take your own advice then... :rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer
03-09-2005, 09:05 AM

LOL, that was funny, albeit a little nasty!

titan9
03-09-2005, 12:19 PM
It seems like every Stapp thread turns into a little argument or fight or a personal dig, lol.:laugh:

Bridge of Clay
03-09-2005, 01:05 PM
It seems like every Stapp thread turns into a little argument or fight or a personal dig, lol.:laugh:
LOL! I wonder why... :rolleyes

funny how everytime it happens, the same 2 or 3 people cause the problems.

Ann Allusion
03-09-2005, 02:50 PM

you're a real comedian, teri :rolleyes:

you did however bring up the word FAITH...below see a couple of thoughts on the word...

To me faith means not worrying.
~John Dewey

Faith is a passionate intuition.
~William Wordsworth

Faith is courage; it is creative while despair is always destructive. ~David S. Muzzey

'nuff said... :D

And to you Marcos...there is really no "Trouble" it is only the perception of such because when it comes to discussing anything posted about stapp...passions always tend towards the negative....and whenever someone takes the positive side in stapps favor...well, then it becomes THEM who are starting the "trouble"....

'cause we all know that anybody that supports stapp's endeavours, and is willing to wait without complaining and doesn't feel he owes us anything but what HE wants to give MUST be looking at the situation through "rose colored" glasses...:laugh:...well, you, have the "glasses" part right, only i tend to lean more towards contact lenses these days...;)

titan9
03-09-2005, 03:14 PM
LOL! I wonder why... :rolleyes

funny how everytime it happens, the same 2 or 3 people cause the problems.

Yeah, I just wish that would stop.(the arguments) I'd like to see just one Stapp update thread without three or four extra pages of arguing/personal digs. That'd be nice for a change. I'd also love to see a thread that says "Stapp's official site has been updated with tons of stuff and the CD is gonna come out by June". Hey, wishful thinking, but a person can dream, can't they?:D

uncertaindrumer
03-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I just wish that would stop.(the arguments) I'd like to see just one Stapp update thread without three or four extra pages of arguing/personal digs. That'd be nice for a change. I'd also love to see a thread that says "Stapp's official site has been updated with tons of stuff and the CD is gonna come out by June". Hey, wishful thinking, but a person can dream, can't they?:D
As far as I can see, that's the problem. There AREN'T any Stapp updates so the ones that keep pushing the date back start arguments!

But someone brought up the fact that Stapp doesn't owe us anything? Well, he did destroy Creed, I would think he owes the fans who bought all of their albums something.

titan9
03-09-2005, 07:50 PM
As far as I can see, that's the problem. There AREN'T any Stapp updates so the ones that keep pushing the date back start arguments!

But someone brought up the fact that Stapp doesn't owe us anything? Well, he did destroy Creed, I would think he owes the fans who bought all of their albums something.

I don't blame him completely for the breakup of Creed. I think each member played a role in it. But I do think he owes it to his fans, who have stuck by him, to release an awesome album.

Yeah, I agree, the updates are the problem. If we had some updates, we'd know a whole lot more about his solo stuff.

OneOmerta
03-09-2005, 08:44 PM

Grow up...it takes two to tango. And unless you have FACTS that stapp alone was the ONLY reason the band broke up...then share em'. NONE OF US know all the intimate details of what caused the break-up, or who is entirely to blame. As far as being owed something? WTF? What planet do you live on? Since when did buying a bands albums turn into those bands OWEING fans anything more? Is the music not enough for you?

Gotta go....nosebleed. It's that "being on a cross" thing again. High altitude an all. I'm hoping with those rose colored glasses I wear, no one will notice....LMAO.....

I thought that was you I saw up there CT ;) lol How's the weather up there? If it's warm...I'd love to join ya...I'll bring my own supply of glasses...and the cross too...if necessary. :D

Mods slamming members of the board....not a surprise at all. This used to be a pretty cool board back when I first joined, it seemed that ALL opinions were welcome then..not anymore. Times sure do change. Why....I bet next time I come back here in a week or so...this thread will be locked....just like all the others.

Dogstar
03-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Mods slamming members of the board....not a surprise at all. This used to be a pretty cool board back when I first joined, it seemed that ALL opinions were welcome then..not anymore. Times sure do change. Why....I bet next time I come back here in a week or so...this thread will be locked....just like all the others.
All opinions ARE allowed on this board, which is still pretty cool, if you ask me. Just because you don't agree with all of them doesn't mean this place isn't cool.

Ana4Stapp
03-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Are you sure? Only Stapp's fault? I have to say this time you're wrong! :rolleyes: Creed wasn't only Scott Stapp. Did you get me?
Every guy had part on the Creed's breakup and by the way, this is not "whose fault is it ?" thread.... ;)

ctfan
03-09-2005, 09:18 PM

All of those comments I made in my last reply here, you know...the ones about being on that cross, and the rose colored glasses?? Those were all personal digs made to me by the moderators on this board.

The moderators titan. Not the members, or people who troll...or people who come here just to get banned because it's fun.

And it's all because I can find something good in Stapp. It's because I still have a positive attitude, and it's because I do my best to understand. It's because I can still think that I found some performance he did great, or that I'm looking forward to his new cd. It's because I find some things he may do worthwhile. And it's because I think differently than most here. That's why the personal digs titan.

It will never stop, because it's not supposed to. It's never gonna make any difference how hard anyone tries...there will ALWAYS be someone who has something to say.

Dogstar
03-09-2005, 09:24 PM
there will ALWAYS be someone who has something to say.
Don't forget to include yourself among those someones.

And I take credit for the cross *digs* as you call them. You need to develop thicker skin if you think such a comment was an insult, dig or slam. You only seem to come here when a difference of opinion regarding the vaunted Scott Stapp appears. You don't seem to have much else to contribute to the board discussion. And I still think you enjoy martyrdom.

uncertaindrumer
03-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Are you sure? Only Stapp's fault? I have to say this time you're wrong! :rolleyes: Creed wasn't only Scott Stapp. Did you get me?
Every guy had part on the Creed's breakup and by the way, this is not "whose fault is it ?" thread.... ;)

I am not trying to make it a "who's fault is it thread". I think it is rather obvious that Scott was the main reason Creed dissolved, but even if he wasn't, that doesn't change anything.

All the OTHER members of Creed are now in a band doing their best to come out with the best music possible, for their fans.

And yeah, Scott Stapp owes us some music, give me a break. These guys get paid ridiculous amounts of money to make MUSIC. They do NOTHING productive, in a technical sense. If every musician on the planet were to suddenly forget how to play, the world would go on just fine.

So when a guy lives off of his FANS' money (quite comfortably, also), the least he could do is GIVE THEM SOME DECENT MUSIC.

ctfan
03-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Grow up...it takes two to tango. And unless you have FACTS that stapp alone was the ONLY reason the band broke up...then share em'. NONE OF US know all the intimate details of what caused the break-up, or who is entirely to blame. As far as being owed something? WTF? What planet do you live on? Since when did buying a bands albums turn into those bands OWEING fans anything more? Is the music not enough for you?

I thought that was you I saw up there CT ;) lol How's the weather up there? If it's warm...I'd love to join ya...I'll bring my own supply of glasses...and the cross too...if necessary. :D

Sure you can join me!!! It can get a bit chilly, so bring a sweater, but for the most part, it's really nice..... :D You might want to bring along an extra cross or two as well, no telling how many are going to need one. Oh, and if your prone to nosebleeds, you may want to bring something along for that too.... :D LMAO!!

ctfan
03-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Don't forget to include yourself among those someones.

And I take credit for the cross *digs* as you call them. You need to develop thicker skin if you think such a comment was an insult, dig or slam. You only seem to come here when a difference of opinion regarding the vaunted Scott Stapp appears. You don't seem to have much else to contribute to the board discussion. And I still think you enjoy martyrdom.

I did include myself in amongst those someones dogstar. I will ALWAYS have something to say when I feel the need to say it in regards to Stapp. I hope that's not a problem for you, or anyone else. If you or others feel like I'm being a troublemaker, why that's fine by me. The same could be said of many here. Right?

What exactly constitutes an insult, dig, or slam?? Your the moderator, please tell me?? Or should I wait until someone tells me to pull my head out of someone's ass to ask????

Sorry dogstar if my discussions don't wander much away from this particular forum. Reading were young men tell each other to "lick their balls"...isn't my type of contribution. I'm sure you and the others here will understand. that..... :D

Dogstar
03-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I did include myself in amongst those someones dogstar. I will ALWAYS have something to say when I feel the need to say it in regards to Stapp. I hope that's not a problem for you, or anyone else. If you or others feel like I'm being a troublemaker, why that's fine by me. The same could be said of many here. Right?
I never said you were a troublemaker. I said you don't have much else to contribute except to whine when you feel you are being slammed by the mods or when you want to chime on yet another disagreement on Stapp. You play the martyr in almost every post. Sorry if I find that a tad annoying.

What exactly constitutes an insult, dig, or slam?? Your the moderator, please tell me?? Or should I wait until someone tells me to pull my head out of someone's ass to ask????
I'm only one of several mods, not THE mod, but name-calling is what I don't like. I didn't call you any disparaging names; that's what I consider insulting and out of line.

Reading were young men tell each other to "lick their balls"...isn't my type of contribution. I'm sure you and the others here will understand. that..... :D

:rolleyes: That young man has been warned and likely will be banned if he continues. You've been around long enough to know that Steve doesn't like that sort of talk. And there are plenty of forums here outside of Stapp topics that you could contribute to. You choose not to, and that's fine. But I don't find your contributions all that enlightening or even enjoyable, as I'm sure you have the same opinion of mine.

TeriB19
03-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Ok, I make no apologies for what I said to Ann. I make no apologies for any of the things I've said regarding the 'Stapp Worshippers' as I've come to know them. I am not a Stapp Basher. I am not a Stapp Hater. I AM, however, getting annoyed because he DID promise good music and he's produced.......nothing. I could see if he didn't make the rounds last year on all the talk shows and boasted about what great stuff he was doing. But he did, then he gave us nothing. He DID promise something, he HASN'T yet delivered. So do I think he owes us something? YES I sure do. Do I think those of us who had our hopes up for some product feel like we've been put off and put off and put off? YES I sure do. Do I care if I hurt the feelings of some who feel the need to put the man on a pedastal and treat him as if he walks on water? NO, I sure don't. Because there are only so many times one can be disappointed before one wises up and learns to move on. One must learn that Stapp sits when he shits just like the rest of us.

TeriB19
03-09-2005, 10:17 PM
And it's all because I can find something good in Stapp. It's because I still have a positive attitude, and it's because I do my best to understand. It's because I can still think that I found some performance he did great, or that I'm looking forward to his new cd. It's because I find some things he may do worthwhile. And it's because I think differently than most here. That's why the personal digs titan.

It will never stop, because it's not supposed to. It's never gonna make any difference how hard anyone tries...there will ALWAYS be someone who has something to say.

Yes, you can find something good in Stapp. So can I. The man is mega-talented. He has phenomenal stage-presence and is an excellent front-man. I think it's wonderful that you've got a positive attitude, and you just keep on waiting and looking forward to that new cd. You find some things he MAY do worthwhile. MAY being the operative word. And the personal digs aren't because you have a positive attitude, it's because you can't see the forest for the trees, no matter how many trees fall on your head! How many more months will you wait? 6? 12? Will you wait forever for a Stapp album?

And yeah, Scott Stapp owes us some music, give me a break. These guys get paid ridiculous amounts of money to make MUSIC. They do NOTHING productive, in a technical sense. If every musician on the planet were to suddenly forget how to play, the world would go on just fine.

So when a guy lives off of his FANS' money (quite comfortably, also), the least he could do is GIVE THEM SOME DECENT MUSIC.
Decent music which he PROMISED US over a year ago! Damn right he owes us something. Had he not gone on national television several times and bragged about the great music he was going to be putting out, none of us would even be HAVING this discussion. But he DID promise something, and I don't know about you, but I'm not hearing anything new.

TheProphetess
03-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Give the guy a break.....After all that he's been through, the least we all can do is give him some time...Remember, Good things come to those who wait!

TeriB19
03-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Give him some time? He bragged over a year ago about his great music yet to come. Now we're talking about August as a release date? I could see if he DIDN'T go running his mouth last year about his stuff, but the fact remains, he did. If he had said that he would be taking more time off to really perfect the stuff he wanted to put out, I could understand. Bands do sometimes take years between projects. But he flat out BRAGGED about what his upcoming stuff would sound like. That's like saying:

Hey, I've got something fantastic that I'm going to be giving you. You won't believe how great it'll be, you'll be blown away, it's gonna rock your ass!!!!

Really? Cool, when can I hear it??

When I'm damn good and ready.

Welcome to Creedfeed.

Steve
03-09-2005, 11:07 PM
You only seem to come here when a difference of opinion regarding the vaunted Scott Stapp appears. You don't seem to have much else to contribute to the board discussion. And I still think you enjoy martyrdom.

I know that I'll get the reply "oh one-sided mods" or whatever but Dogstar has a very valid point here. It seems that a few select individuals love to criticize how this board is run and whine about how their opinion is not welcome here, yet they (1) continue to come here and post, and (2) only post in response to "anti-Stapp" threads a majority of the time.

Ann Allusion
03-09-2005, 11:45 PM
I know that I'll get the reply "oh one-sided mods" or whatever but Dogstar has a very valid point here. It seems that a few select individuals love to criticize how this board is run and whine about how their opinion is not welcome here, yet they (1) continue to come here and post, and (2) only post in response to "anti-Stapp" threads a majority of the time.

well, it's your bb steve...and it's your mods..and of course you give them the lea way to run things the way they see fit, and you "trust" they will do it properly in your absence...

but as far as i'm concerned, mods that feel compelled to come back with smart a$$ remarks on other posters for personal reasons of their own, are not doing the job that they should be doing...i have a feeling that if it were NOT a mod but just some "regular" poster doing the same thing...they would be warned and banned...now wouldn't they?

Being one of the few select individuals you are refering to, let me ask you...why does it matter WHAT someone replies to...or whether they do it ALL THE TIME....or only when THEY feel like it...? Maybe some people just want to post if it's something they really feel DESERVES a reply...and if it does, speaking for me, i will continue to reply.

So, ctfan and omerta...plant one of them trees for me, i hear the view is heavenly...cause i've been called a martyer and a heck of a lot worse...and of course, having any kind of faith in stapp's project apparently does constitute the "title"...

Dogstar
03-09-2005, 11:58 PM
but as far as i'm concerned, mods that feel compelled to come back with smart a$$ remarks on other posters for personal reasons of their own, are not doing the job that they should be doing...i have a feeling that if it were NOT a mod but just some "regular" poster doing the same thing...they would be warned and banned...now wouldn't they?
No, I don't think so. We haven't used abusive language or called anybody names. We have simply disagreed with some opinions and posted thusly, perhaps with a touch of sarcasm and maybe frustration because of our disagreeing. This is not done for personal reasons.

tremonti4life04
03-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Holy Shit, this conversation again???? You would think that everyone that partakes in this conversation would realize that once it gets this far along, and there is so much mud slinging going on, that the thread will be shut down!!! I believe we have all had this conversation before, stapp broke up the band, tremonti broke up the band, who the hell cares, the band is broken up! Get over it, move on with your lives, and stop starting stupid arguments that are only going to cause steve more damn trouble. Grow up, everyone knows that Mark, Flip, and Stapp broke up the band, it was all of their faults, they all didnt see eye to eye. Damn!

ctfan
03-10-2005, 01:40 AM
I never said you were a troublemaker. I said you don't have much else to contribute except to whine when you feel you are being slammed by the mods or when you want to chime on yet another disagreement on Stapp. You play the martyr in almost every post. Sorry if I find that a tad annoying.

I'm only one of several mods, not THE mod, but name-calling is what I don't like. I didn't call you any disparaging names; that's what I consider insulting and out of line.

:rolleyes: That young man has been warned and likely will be banned if he continues. You've been around long enough to know that Steve doesn't like that sort of talk. And there are plenty of forums here outside of Stapp topics that you could contribute to. You choose not to, and that's fine. But I don't find your contributions all that enlightening or even enjoyable, as I'm sure you have the same opinion of mine.

Chime in on another disagreement about Stapp??? Why does that upset you so much??? If I can find something positive to say...against something negative that's been posted, why in the world would that matter to you???? They are my feelings about the man, my opinions....not yours dogstar. Am I not allowed to do such things??? People have negative things to say about Stapp, but yet....I'm not allowed to comment or I'm being disagreeable??? I'm just supposed to let it go so people will be happy and content and not annoyed???

ctfan
03-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Ok, I make no apologies for what I said to Ann. I make no apologies for any of the things I've said regarding the 'Stapp Worshippers' as I've come to know them. I am not a Stapp Basher. I am not a Stapp Hater. I AM, however, getting annoyed because he DID promise good music and he's produced.......nothing. I could see if he didn't make the rounds last year on all the talk shows and boasted about what great stuff he was doing. But he did, then he gave us nothing. He DID promise something, he HASN'T yet delivered. So do I think he owes us something? YES I sure do. Do I think those of us who had our hopes up for some product feel like we've been put off and put off and put off? YES I sure do. Do I care if I hurt the feelings of some who feel the need to put the man on a pedastal and treat him as if he walks on water? NO, I sure don't. Because there are only so many times one can be disappointed before one wises up and learns to move on. One must learn that Stapp sits when he shits just like the rest of us.

Ok then...get annoyed, pissed, whatever you want teri. You can think the man OWES you his life, his love, his money, his time, his music, his passion...and whatever else that may come to mind. You do that, and you be happy with yourself.

But let me tell you something....I sit when I shit too, Stapp does as well, but if I want to wait, however long it takes for his cd to come out...that's what I'm going to to do. I will wait to hear it, and I will wait to enjoy it. That's me waiting...not you. Me. I will not move on, I will not be disappointed, and I will not wise up just because you come here and tell me that's the WAY I'm supposed to feel. Those are your feelings....not mine, and they never will be.

Why my thoughts and opinons of the man upset you to the point that you feel the need to call me a "Stapp Worshipper", or that I have put the man on a pedestal and walks on water, I have no idea.

You feel the way you do about Stap....and please, let me be to feel the way I do about him.

ctfan
03-10-2005, 02:08 AM
Yes, you can find something good in Stapp. So can I. The man is mega-talented. He has phenomenal stage-presence and is an excellent front-man. I think it's wonderful that you've got a positive attitude, and you just keep on waiting and looking forward to that new cd. You find some things he MAY do worthwhile. MAY being the operative word. And the personal digs aren't because you have a positive attitude, it's because you can't see the forest for the trees, no matter how many trees fall on your head! How many more months will you wait? 6? 12? Will you wait forever for a Stapp album?

And again teri, please don't shove your feelings about the man down my throat, and tell me how I should feel.

As I see it, the personal digs are just that, personal. Because I don't feel the way you do, you've managed to TELL me that I can't see the forest for the trees. I guess it all goes back to that "I don't care who's feelings I hurt" comment you made earlier. I getcha on that teri, really I do.

How many more months will I wait??? When I hear the new cd...that's how many.

ctfan
03-10-2005, 02:12 AM

Anti-Stapp threads?? Is that what this is?? BINGO!!!! Steve, who exactly made it an "anti-Stapp" thread?? Me, Ann, you...who??? At what point did it become one??

All of them become "anti-Stapp" threads. Just go back and read them.

ctfan
03-10-2005, 02:16 AM
Give him some time? He bragged over a year ago about his great music yet to come. Now we're talking about August as a release date? I could see if he DIDN'T go running his mouth last year about his stuff, but the fact remains, he did. If he had said that he would be taking more time off to really perfect the stuff he wanted to put out, I could understand. Bands do sometimes take years between projects. But he flat out BRAGGED about what his upcoming stuff would sound like. That's like saying:

Hey, I've got something fantastic that I'm going to be giving you. You won't believe how great it'll be, you'll be blown away, it's gonna rock your ass!!!!

Really? Cool, when can I hear it??

When I'm damn good and ready.

Welcome to Creedfeed.

And no one, not the first person has given a reason why it's been delayed. It could be almost anything, or most of everything. You may not be able to understand that, but I can. And because of that....I'll wait for the new cd.

ctfan
03-10-2005, 02:20 AM
So, ctfan and omerta...plant one of them trees for me, i hear the view is heavenly...cause i've been called a martyer and a heck of a lot worse...and of course, having any kind of faith in stapp's project apparently does constitute the "title"...

We will ann.... :) I think having faith in something, anything...is a great thing.

Dogstar
03-10-2005, 04:35 AM
Chime in on another disagreement about Stapp??? Why does that upset you so much??? If I can find something positive to say...against something negative that's been posted, why in the world would that matter to you???? They are my feelings about the man, my opinions....not yours dogstar.

Yes, you show up when someone posts, God forbid, something that isn't all peachy and rosey about Stapp. It's a fricken pattern with you. It doesn't upset me, LOL, it's just that I disagree with you and I post MY opinion as such. It's a DISCUSSION board.

Am I not allowed to do such things??? People have negative things to say about Stapp, but yet....I'm not allowed to comment or I'm being disagreeable??? I'm just supposed to let it go so people will be happy and content and not annoyed???
No, but don't get all whiny when I or someone else doesn't buy what we think is BS (IMO). As I have said too many times before, you play the martyr, as if you are some aggrieved party because your precious Stapp has faults. What annoys me is that you won't see anything but perfection in the man, and he's not perfect. The man made statements to the effect of we would be getting more music a year ago. We haven't gotten it, and people are ticked off.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
03-10-2005, 09:24 AM
In the words of Rodney King " Can't we all get along". ;)

uncertaindrumer
03-10-2005, 10:07 AM
It is the undying allegiance to a guy who obviously is having major problems that annoys.

You know how it is totally frustrating and completely annoying when someone completely bashes a band and can come up with no real reasons as to why? Well it is TEN times mroe annoying when someone acts like a guy can do no wrong, and yet comes up with no reasons why.

I think the reason people get so frustrated with you is that you CONSTANTLY pull the opinion card. STOP THAT. If you want someone to shut up, then buckle down and argue with him. Beat the living crap out of him. Tell him why HE is wrong and YOU are right. And yet you refuse to do so. You simply keep saying "I'm going to think this, and although I have presented no reason as to WHY I'm going to think this, you should stop telling me I'm wrong".

Well, Teri--and others--have given some DANG good reasons why Stapp is not coming through, and you have given NONE to the effect that we should not care.

So you might say, you don't want to? You just want to keep your opinion and not argue? THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD? On a forum for discussion we DISCUSS. Often that turns into arguments, and arguments are all well and good as long as they are kept mostly clean, which this one has. But you REFUSE to argue for your side, you just kind of... sit there, acting as if everyone is ganging up on you.

Well, FINE. Maybe everyone is. We all think you have a ridiculous opinion. THEN EXPLAIN IT. Defend it. Try and change our minds. Either that, or STOP COMPLAINING. If you don't CARE what we think, as you imply by saying that we should just keep our opinions and be happy that we disagree, than why do you continue posting?

Ann Allusion
03-10-2005, 01:03 PM
A very interesting post, uncertaindrummer...and tho you are addressing ctfan, who will answer you, should they choose to...i have a bit of a bone to pick by offering a personal observation...and i hope that ctfan doesn't mind.

Well, Teri--and others--have given some DANG good reasons why Stapp is not coming through, and you have given NONE to the effect that we should not care.

you feel that "Teri--and others--have given some DANG good reasons why..."
but, these REASONS you site are only OPINIONS that "Teri--and--others" hold personally...and of course their opinions happen to be in the MAJORITY...therefore will be more accepted, than the opinions of someone that makes a different choice. So as i see it, there are really no "reasons" being given...only personal opinions of POSSIBILITIES, from the point of view, of "Teri--and--others".

But you REFUSE to argue for your side

Why must there always be a side? Why must people feel that opioions must be argued over instead of respecting the opinions of others, whether you agree with them or not, and just accept that YOU, TERI--AND--OTHERS don't agree with what we have to say, and leave it at that?

it takes two to tango...as has been said before...and if one reads back...this and other stapp threads never seem to take a downward turn, until someone comes in and challenges those that choose to comment in his support...then, and only then, does the crap begin to hit the fan...

For what it's worth, just some things to look at, since people here seem to feel they can be OBJECTIVE...or so claim to be. Have a good day... :)

Dogstar
03-10-2005, 02:08 PM
you feel that "Teri--and others--have given some DANG good reasons why..."
but, these REASONS you site are only OPINIONS that "Teri--and--others" hold personally...and of course their opinions happen to be in the MAJORITY
The opinions are based on the statements that Stapp made a year ago regarding music he was working on and said he would be putting out. The frustration and doubt stem from the FACT that Stapp has yet to finish this music, which by his statements sounded as if it was coming a lot sooner than what has transpired. And now there have been several delays, from the Tea Party backing out to now a new studio being built. This is almost the same pattern that Axl Rose has followed since he promised Chinese Democracy nearly 11 years ago, and that record has yet to surface. Meanwhile, Alter Bridge is touring for its record that is out. We all want the music and there are some who share an opinion that we'll never see it. Forgive us for having a glass half-empty OPINION here.

TeriB19
03-10-2005, 02:17 PM
and of course their opinions happen to be in the MAJORITY...therefore will be more accepted, than the opinions of someone that makes a different choice. So as i see it, there are really no "reasons" being given...only personal opinions of POSSIBILITIES, from the point of view, of "Teri--and--others".

Hi, Teri---and others----here. Yes, many of our opinions ARE in the majority here because many of us have our eyes open to the truth. The minority here (you, ctfan, etc) choose to turn a blind eye to the FACT that Stapp promised new music to us over a year ago, and to the FACT that the Tea Party said they were backing off because 'Stapp had too much baggage'. Those are reasons we are losing our faith. Yes, I said faith. Go ahead and shoot more quotes to me about faith. Faith also means believing when there is no proof, as one would believe or have faith in a god when there is no proof. That's pretty much the image that I have of you guys. You and your faith in the Stapp-god. I'm sorry, but I need reasons and I need proof before I start believing that I'll hear a new Stapp song before my kids are in High School. And not just because Kiki said so.

Affectionately yours,
Teri----and others.

Ann Allusion
03-10-2005, 03:04 PM
The opinions are based on the statements that Stapp made a year ago regarding music he was working on and said he would be putting out. The frustration and doubt stem from the FACT that Stapp has yet to finish this music, which by his statements sounded as if it was coming a lot sooner than what has transpired.

Frustration is understandable...but, is it not the fans putting this strain on themselves by ASSUMING that his comments were any more than a statement of intent? Altho, there MAY have been plans on his part to produce a "product" sooner, isn't it true that in the entertainment field, just as in life...things change on a minute to minute basis?

And now there have been several delays, from the Tea Party backing out to now a new studio being built.

I remember reading that the Tea Party was doing the "Relearn Love" gig...it was not my understanding, from the limited information the public is given, that the Tea Party were to be THE BAND that would be used on the solo album.

As for the new studio being built...what's the problem with that...one can build a studio...and at the same time, still be laying down tracks at another studio, rehearsing, writing, etc...it's called multi-tasking in the cyber world... ;)

Recording an album does not take place in one sitting, with everybody getting together, sitting down and going for it...IT TAKES TIME...tracks are laid at different times, sometimes in different locations, etc...then they have to be mixed, remixed, and remixed again until everyone agrees on a finished product...in the mean time, daily life goes on for the recording artist, just like it does for us...with it's good days and bad days and everything else in between.

This is almost the same pattern that Axl Rose has followed since he promised Chinese Democracy nearly 11 years ago, and that record has yet to surface.

I didn't follow this Axl Rose/Chinese Democracy debacle close enough to assume that this is almost, or even close to the "same" pattern that you have said you noticed...but i do realize that Axl has had his own life problems, and situations that contributed to where he is right now...and, if he so chooses to make a comeback, he will...no big deal...as long as he is doing what he want's to do.

This leaves me to say, stapp is not Axl...and to compare their output is like apples and oranges...and unfair to stapp to assume he will take the same path as Axl.

Meanwhile, Alter Bridge is touring for its record that is out.

As I've said before, starting from scratch, takes more time, than when you have been planning for several years to make a go of it on your own, as Mark has said he did...

most of his musical/lyrical work was already done...he already had his band...he had a lead singer in mind from the very beginning...and he got the singer he wanted...so, i'm sure that you can see that basically...this was not starting from scratch....ergo, the "quick to market" product.

We all want the music and there are some who share an opinion that we'll never see it. Forgive us for having a glass half-empty OPINION here.

There is nothing to forgive...if you wish to see the glass half-empty...that is your choice...but why not let the rest of us see it as half-full? And when it comes to the "want" of the music...like someone said earlier..."would you rather have grape juice now or sweet wine later?"...

In my attempt to keep this civil, i hope i have touched on something in this answer that might get a few thoughts across.

uncertaindrumer
03-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Finally. Thank you. If nothing else at least your defnding you side now instead of complaining that we're attacking it... lol

Mark did not have his band in the works for "years" by the way. The stuff he had written he was hoping to use in Creed, if Stapp would not be a big jerk about it. Well, Stapp was a jerk about it, they parted, Mark got a singer, recorded his material, end of AB's story--for now.

Stapp, on the other hand, could have continued with Creed had he been mroe open-minded, but he wasn't, so then he boasts about his solo record. THEN he keeps delaying it for... well, so far, forever! What is there to possibly suggest hope there? I haven't seen anything.

Not to mention the highly dissapointing "Releanr love". If Stapp's entire solo album is like that, I'll KNOW what took him so long--his band meembers were falling asleep just LISTENING to the music!

You mgiht think I have a rather harsh opinion of Stapp (duh), and I do. I think he is obviously a great big jerk. HOWEVER, the music world is full of great big jerks, that doesn't make me stop listening to them. I am *most* curious to hear what he has to put out, despite my lack of any sort of faith in his ability to make music without Tremo around.

But that curiosity, which was HUGE 6-8 months ago, is now... dying. And I imagine most others who aren't diehard Scott worshippers are losing their interest as well.

That DOESN'T mean you have to lose interest, that you should lose interest, or even that I'm insulting you for NOT losing interest. I don't think anyone ever claimed that you PERSONALLY (ctfan, ann allusion, etc.) should lose interest. What WAS brought forward is that a *lot* of potential fans ARE losing interest, and in that arena, you can't really argue. PEOPLE ARE.

And yes, it boggles my mind that someone can still stand there and say "Scott can take all the time he wants I'll still love him", but plenty of thigns boggle my mind. I have no problem with your opinion, I'm just confused by it.

Bridge of Clay
03-10-2005, 04:03 PM
As I've said before, starting from scratch, takes more time, than when you have been planning for several years to make a go of it on your own, as Mark has said he did...

most of his musical/lyrical work was already done...he already had his band...he had a lead singer in mind from the very beginning...and he got the singer he wanted...so, i'm sure that you can see that basically...this was not starting from scratch....ergo, the "quick to market" product.

Years???

I'm sorry... if I recall, the timeframe was a bit different:

12/31/02 - NYE Concert @ Philly
January'03 - Break
April - Creed gets in studio to jam, it doesn't work.
May - Wind-up announces solo efforts and extended break
November - On NAMM, Mark tells a few fans Creed is done
November - Michael says Flip is working with Mark, later on he says Brian is in.
December - Still searching for a singer. Myles got his demo tapes... it works.
January 04 - Myles comes down to FL to meet the guys. It works.
Feb, March- rehearsals
April - Break-up annnouncement
May, June, and July - AB in studio to record ODR. They also tour US, playing acoustic versions of their songs.
August - ODR is released

So don't make it sound like Mark had it all planned. AB worked hard and non-stop to get their thing done, because they were itching for it, they missed the gigs, missed the fans and being on the road.

I'm not saying Stapp is slacking... he had his ammount of personnal issues, like his house burning down. I don't know if he lost his material on it.

But Stapp said his album would be out in late August'04... but all he released was RL. And now it was pushed back one year, tentatively.

Personally, I think after he got together with GB, they decided to re-do all the stuff that arranged with Tea Party... and he's in studio now... since earlier in the year, it seems... august seems too late if the final touches are almost done.

Steve
03-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I remember reading that the Tea Party was doing the "Relearn Love" gig...it was not my understanding, from the limited information the public is given, that the Tea Party were to be THE BAND that would be used on the solo album.

I got the impression that he asked the Tea Party to work with his new solo project. The interviews that came out after that fell through had Tea Party singer/guitarist (or whatever) saying he didn't want to be involved with Stapp's baggage and ended that professional relationship. That was just my take on it.

Recording an album does not take place in one sitting, with everybody getting together, sitting down and going for it...IT TAKES TIME...tracks are laid at different times, sometimes in different locations, etc.

But with Stapp's previous history with Creed, one would know that he gets music out fairly quickly. He wrote songs almost rapid fire, and they had a new album recorded in months, not years. Why would this be any different than the Creed days, aside from having different backing members? He's still the same person, right? He writes from experiences, so unless he's faking his experiences, it shouldn't take a year to write a song.

As someone said above, Mark started from scratch as well. Myles helped write half the songs on the album, and he didn't join until Jan 04. So I don't buy this argument either.

DangerousDan85
03-11-2005, 12:51 AM
as long as the end product is quality. i'm willing to wait till August

ctfan
03-11-2005, 03:30 PM
It is the undying allegiance to a guy who obviously is having major problems that annoys.

You know how it is totally frustrating and completely annoying when someone completely bashes a band and can come up with no real reasons as to why? Well it is TEN times mroe annoying when someone acts like a guy can do no wrong, and yet comes up with no reasons why.

I think the reason people get so frustrated with you is that you CONSTANTLY pull the opinion card. STOP THAT. If you want someone to shut up, then buckle down and argue with him. Beat the living crap out of him. Tell him why HE is wrong and YOU are right. And yet you refuse to do so. You simply keep saying "I'm going to think this, and although I have presented no reason as to WHY I'm going to think this, you should stop telling me I'm wrong".

So you might say, you don't want to? You just want to keep your opinion and not argue? THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD? On a forum for discussion we DISCUSS. Often that turns into arguments, and arguments are all well and good as long as they are kept mostly clean, which this one has. But you REFUSE to argue for your side, you just kind of... sit there, acting as if everyone is ganging up on you.

Well, FINE. Maybe everyone is. We all think you have a ridiculous opinion. THEN EXPLAIN IT. Defend it. Try and change our minds. Either that, or STOP COMPLAINING. If you don't CARE what we think, as you imply by saying that we should just keep our opinions and be happy that we disagree, than why do you continue posting?

But I did defend "my side". Maybe you missed it, maybe you didn't. Maybe you just don't care what I have to say which is made obvious by your comment of "We all think you have a ridiculous opinion".

This thread is about the Stapp cd, and the tentative date of it's release. I posted earlier in this thread that "It's delay could be almost anything, or most of everything". That's what I believe. There could many reasons why....and I'm not going to judge the man, chastise him, or crucify him because he's not produced a solo cd when he said he would. As someone else in this thread said (and I can't remember the screen name)....I will give the man a break as well, because he has been through alot.

If anyone finds my comments annoying, frustrating, or ridiculous, and if you think I'm not being argumentative enough and defending my side to the best of my ability...then please just don't read them.

If you'll please excuse me....I have a cross to climb.

ctfan
03-11-2005, 03:33 PM
A very interesting post, uncertaindrummer...and tho you are addressing ctfan, who will answer you, should they choose to...i have a bit of a bone to pick by offering a personal observation...and i hope that ctfan doesn't mind.

I don't mind at all..... :)

uncertaindrumer
03-11-2005, 04:24 PM
I will give the man a break as well, because he has been through alot.

The next time I sell 30 million records in eight years and get as rich as possible, then create a ton of my OWN PROBLEMS, I'll come to you for sympathy. He's been THROUGH A LOT? Give me a break.

Anyway, useless thread/10

Not quite sure why I continue posting...

titan9
03-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Well, he HAS been through quite a bit over the last 4 years. A few years ago he divorced his wife, who turned out be pretty messed up.(at least based on the stories) That left him as a single parent of his son, which is a tough thing for anyone who is faced with that situation, regardless of who they are. Then the accident(and Predisone, or whatever it's called) and fights. And finally, the break up of Creed. And that's just the stuff we know for sure. Ctfan is right in saying the guy has been through alot over the last few years. Money isn't everything, and it certainly doesn't buy happiness. You can earn alot of money, and still have alot of demons/problems.

TeriB19
03-11-2005, 09:08 PM
But the fact remains, he went out and publicly announced his plan. If he could just learn to keep his mouth shut, maybe we wouldn't even be having this discussion. He bragged about his new stuff. Got peoples' hopes up. Everyone was waiting to see what he was going to put out there. And then? Nothing. No one is saying he hasn't been through a lot. But he did bring a lot of the drama on himself. He needs to learn to either shit or get off the pot, or at the very least, keep his mouth shut. Had he NOT gone out and publicly announced his big plan for the next big thing in the music biz, we wouldn't be expecting anything at all. But he did. And we are.

Steve
03-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Well, he HAS been through quite a bit over the last 4 years. A few years ago he divorced his wife, who turned out be pretty messed up.(at least based on the stories) That left him as a single parent of his son, which is a tough thing for anyone who is faced with that situation, regardless of who they are. Then the accident(and Predisone, or whatever it's called) and fights. And finally, the break up of Creed. And that's just the stuff we know for sure. Ctfan is right in saying the guy has been through alot over the last few years. Money isn't everything, and it certainly doesn't buy happiness. You can earn alot of money, and still have alot of demons/problems.

Yes he has been through a lot, but I think the point that uncertaindrummer was making is that Stapp has caused the problems himself. It's not like one day he woke up and was diagnosed with cancer - something you really cannot prevent (in general). He's the one who went to the bar and got in the fight. He's the one who used the drugs. While it'd find to give someone a break due to things occuring in their life, there comes a point when you can't keep taking steps back and giving them the benefit of doubt.

titan9
03-11-2005, 09:29 PM
I agree, Teri. He should not have gotten our hopes up that he'd have an album out quickly. I wasn't using the "he's been through alot" thing as an excuse for the delays. Uncertain basically said that he hasn't been through alot and doesn't deserve sympathy, and I was just replying to that message.

Over a year ago, I remember reading an article on Billboard with Scott talking about his solo album. Here is an exact quote from him:

Stapp is working with producer 7 Aurelius, best known for his work with such hip-hop heavyweights as Nelly and Ja Rule). "It's Creed meets Zeppelin meets Doors with 7's [influence]," Stapp reveals. "So it's going to have some thump in the back and rock over the top of it -- but I'm not going to rap," he adds with a laugh. "I'm going to sing."

Also, in that same interview, it says the solo album is going to be released by the end of that year.(2004) That got our hopes up. Here's another quote from Scott:

In addition to working on the album, Stapp says he is pursuing an acting career: "I'm reading through scripts right now. I want something people wouldn't expect from me. I don't want to be stereotyped as a musician."

So is he still looking through those scripts? Is that why he's taken so long with this album? I'm sorry, but I just had to say that. I can understand why he'd want to pursue an acting career, but shouldn't his solo album be his number 1 professional focus? Release the solo album, then go after the acting career. At least that's what I, as a fan, think.

titan9
03-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Yes he has been through a lot, but I think the point that uncertaindrummer was making is that Stapp has caused the problems himself. It's not like one day he woke up and was diagnosed with cancer - something you really cannot prevent (in general). He's the one who went to the bar and got in the fight. He's the one who used the drugs. While it'd find to give someone a break due to things occuring in their life, there comes a point when you can't keep taking steps back and giving them the benefit of doubt.

Yeah, I know. As I said in my above post, I wasn't trying to defend him with the "he's been through alot" argument. I just replied to Uncertain.

As for the drugs(I'm assuming you mean the pain killer for the accident), if it's true what he says, he was told to use those to keep going and keep touring. Of course, he DID have the right to refuse those, but didn't.

uncertaindrumer
03-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I know. As I said in my above post, I wasn't trying to defend him with the "he's been through alot" argument. I just replied to Uncertain.

As for the drugs(I'm assuming you mean the pain killer for the accident), if it's true what he says, he was told to use those to keep going and keep touring. Of course, he DID have the right to refuse those, but didn't.

Well, I am not trying to say the guy had a perfect life or that money=everything. What I AM saying is that most of the problems he caused were just that: problems HE caused. As a person, as a human being, I wish he hadn't gotten on drugs or anything like that. But it was HIS FAULT. So you can't really use the "he's been through a lot" line; he brought it on himself, he has to deal with it, its not an excuse for failing to deliver music.

Brian Marshall ALSO went through a lot of those same problems and look what he's doing, eh?

TeriB19
03-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Brian Marshall ALSO went through a lot of those same problems and look what he's doing, eh?

More than Stapp at this point, eh?

Ann Allusion
03-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Crimeney's sakes...this thread was started to let people know that he is making strides in the project, to let people know what's going on...and look where it's ended up...man... :(

it's never going to matter what stapp does, or doesn't do to some of y'all...there will always be those that either feel he isn't doing enough, or he has done too little...etc...and that is your choice.

...he brought it on himself, he has to deal with it, its not an excuse for failing to deliver music.

Ya know, i find this "logic" very entertaining...drummer, for the simple reason...all the comments, suppositions and speculations on WHY the delay's have happened in stapp's project are coming for "fans"....STAPP HAS NOT SAID ANY OF THIS or anything even close to warrent such comments...

HE has NOT offered this or any other excuse...as to why it's taking as long as it has...so how do any of you KNOW FOR A FACT...that there couldn't be legitimate and acceptable reasons (not excuses, as some here would call them) for the delay, that are just not being disclosed?...thing is...YOU DON'T...but the negative "thinking" continues, doesn't it?

But, remember, this is a public bb...a lot more people read than post, including the media...and the way some of you word things, instead of expressing a personal opinion, you make it sound like y'all are some kind of experts on the subject when you are not...and that is most definitely misleading.

Steve
03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
But, remember, this is a public bb...a lot more people read than post, including the media...and the way some of you word things, instead of expressing a personal opinion, you make it sound like y'all are some kind of experts on the subject when you are not...and that is most definitely misleading.

No offense, but you sometimes make it sound like you're an "expert" with regards to Stapp in your posts. But that is just my perception.

DangerousDan85
03-12-2005, 01:56 AM
does anyone else want a ham sandwich, while i'm still in the kitchen?

James_T
03-12-2005, 02:06 AM
does anyone else want a ham sandwich, while i'm still in the kitchen?

Hey man, I'll take one if you're still in there. No mayo tho, thanx.

DangerousDan85
03-12-2005, 02:42 AM
k one ham sandwich, no mayo, coming up

anyone else?

Steve
03-12-2005, 10:34 AM
How about a grilled cheese sandwich?

titan9
03-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Is it possible to get a Tuna fish sandwich? :D

uncertaindrumer
03-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Crimeney's sakes...this thread was started to let people know that he is making strides in the project, to let people know what's going on...and look where it's ended up...man... :(

it's never going to matter what stapp does, or doesn't do to some of y'all...there will always be those that either feel he isn't doing enough, or he has done too little...etc...and that is your choice.

Ya know, i find this "logic" very entertaining...drummer, for the simple reason...all the comments, suppositions and speculations on WHY the delay's have happened in stapp's project are coming for "fans"....STAPP HAS NOT SAID ANY OF THIS or anything even close to warrent such comments...

HE has NOT offered this or any other excuse...as to why it's taking as long as it has...so how do any of you KNOW FOR A FACT...that there couldn't be legitimate and acceptable reasons (not excuses, as some here would call them) for the delay, that are just not being disclosed?...thing is...YOU DON'T...but the negative "thinking" continues, doesn't it?

Why don't you give me an example of a legitimate and acceptable reason? I can't think of a single reason I would call acceptable.

DangerousDan85
03-12-2005, 02:23 PM
well i'm back in the kitchen

1 grilled cheese sandwich and 1 tuna sandwich on the way

titan9, do you want lettuce on that?

Dogstar
03-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Is it possible to get a Tuna fish sandwich? :D
Me, too. I don't like ham ;). I'll take red onions, lettuce and tomatoes, please. :D

DangerousDan85
03-12-2005, 03:33 PM
u got it

TeriB19
03-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Danny, while you're up, can you get me a bag of chips? Oh, and a soda, chips always make me thirsty. Thanks, bud.

DangerousDan85
03-12-2005, 03:38 PM
for chips we got: Fritos, Lays, Nacho Cheesier Doritos, and Cheetos

for soda we got: Pepsi, Diet Coke, Sierra Mist, and Dr Pepper

what'll it be

TeriB19
03-12-2005, 03:40 PM
YES!! All of the above!!

DangerousDan85
03-12-2005, 03:41 PM
anything for dessert?

TeriB19
03-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Got any cake?

DangerousDan85
03-12-2005, 03:51 PM
we have some left over Angel Food cake

TeriB19
03-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Throw about a tub of Cool Whip on that sucker and bring it on in. Oh, and a few forks, I can't eat it all, I'm trying to watch my girlish figure. ;)

Dogstar
03-12-2005, 04:16 PM
MMMMMMMMMMM, I'll take some cake for deeeezert :D

uncertaindrumer
03-12-2005, 06:52 PM
for chips we got: Fritos, Lays, Nacho Cheesier Doritos, and Cheetos

for soda we got: Pepsi, Diet Coke, Sierra Mist, and Dr Pepper

what'll it be

Aw, man, you are making me hungry!

titan9
03-12-2005, 09:00 PM
well i'm back in the kitchen

1 grilled cheese sandwich and 1 tuna sandwich on the way

titan9, do you want lettuce on that?

Yes, that would be nice!:D

ctfan
03-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Why don't you give me an example of a legitimate and acceptable reason? I can't think of a single reason I would call acceptable.

If, by your standards nothing would be a "legitimate and acceptable reason", and you can't seem to think of any, then how would you be able to "discuss" it.

You just nipped your own self in the bud..... :D

DangerousDan85
03-13-2005, 12:45 AM
MMMMMMMMMMM, I'll take some cake for deeeezert :D

there's plenty to go around

in the morning, i'll make coffee for everyone in the thread :D

Trimontana
03-13-2005, 11:42 AM
there's plenty to go around

in the morning, i'll make coffee for everyone in the thread :D

Dan, can i marry you?
For years noone makes a cup of coffee for me,lol ;)

uncertaindrumer
03-13-2005, 11:54 AM
If, by your standards nothing would be a "legitimate and acceptable reason", and you can't seem to think of any, then how would you be able to "discuss" it.

You just nipped your own self in the bud..... :D

I said I can't THINK of one, which is exactly why I asked YOU to come up with one. I never said there ISN'T one.

I mean, it can't be something physically wrong with him, like a car accident or something. They would have SAID that was why there was a delay.

So why don't you come up with a reason? Or can you not, either?

TeriB19
03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Danny, how's that coffee coming? Cream and either Equal or Splenda for me, ok? The natives are getting restless.

ps......We can always depend on Danny to turn a heated thread into a fine meal!!

Bridge of Clay
03-13-2005, 01:39 PM
yada, yada, yada...

I came here today for some juice, but on my way I made a quick stop over PBF... it turns out they had news about Scott: he was in Vegas, watching Nascar, I believe...

but I didn't mean to imply anything! :rolleyes:

Dan, grilled cheese for me too! :p

titan9
03-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Lol! But hey, Sunday IS supposed to be a day of rest. Stapp needs his rest, and he's relaxing by watching Nascar.:laugh: Hey, I wonder if Stapp will be shown on TV? I might just have to check out Nascar to see.

Frankie
03-13-2005, 02:37 PM
but I didn't mean to imply anything

Scott is in Vegas filming a commercial that will have his first single added to it. Just as we were told...by "that Kiki guy". He is working while he's there...and so what if he wasn't?

**shakes head**

DangerousDan85
03-13-2005, 03:07 PM
ps......We can always depend on Danny to turn a heated thread into a fine meal!!

that's why i'm here

DangerousDan85
03-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Dan, grilled cheese for me too

it should be ready in a few minutes :cool:

Ann Allusion
03-13-2005, 03:57 PM
......We can always depend on Danny to turn a heated thread into a fine meal!!
that's why i'm here

ummm...yeah... :rolleyes:
don't want to discuss something...simply change the subject...i remember when such BS was used for "trolls" that were REAL troublemakers..not used on one another just because people simply expressed their OWN opinions.

Guess troll has been redefined, now, to anybody that doesn't have the same opinions as the rest of y'all...?

"highschool" people...very "highschool"...then of course most of you are not too far from it, i'm sure.

and that is my observation on your little tactic, dan...

Agent D
03-13-2005, 04:08 PM
don't want to discuss something...simply change the subject...i remember when such BS was used for "trolls" that were REAL troublemakers..not used on one another just because people simply expressed their OWN opinions.

Guess troll has been redefined, now, to anybody that doesn't have the same opinions as the rest of y'all...?

"highschool" people...very "highschool"...then of course most of you are not too far from it, i'm sure.

Ann, why don't you just leave the board. Christ, all you do is bitch at people for not worshipping Stapp.

Trimontana
03-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Agent D is right. I think noone here is using any tactic. What are we now? Espies, detectives, cops usings tactics!!!! :confused: :wtf:
And by the way, any one here is refering to your person in those posts for you to say we are highschool people.
To be honnest if i would post all that i think i will really be very cruel and then you will call something very different than a "highchool person".

Ann Allusion
03-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Ann, why don't you just leave the board. Christ, all you do is bitch at people for not worshipping Stapp.

actually, "D"...you've missed the whole point...has nothing to do with hero worship, rose colored glasses, or pedistles...but it has everything to do with RESPECTING the opinions of others...and just leaving it at that...period.

I've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL anybody else who they should and shouldn't like...i've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL those that feel that AB can do no wrong, that they are looking at them with "rose colored glasses"...i've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL anybody to quit posting because their opinions differ from the majority...beginning to get my drift there, "D" ?

I do however remember this being the attitude of the "Creed Bashers" from a while back...they were the ones that were always talking/telling people about how wrong it was to support Creed, or to support stapp...

and look at them now...guess WHO a big chunk of those AB fans are? Yep...those "trolls" from creednet days that really didn't like Creed because of stapp...but now they sing the praises of "A"nother "B"and...well, good for them...but i wonder if anyone sees the irony in this?

of course just another "observation" to think about... :)

Bridge of Clay
03-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Scott is in Vegas filming a commercial that will have his first single added to it. Just as we were told...by "that Kiki guy". He is working while he's there...and so what if he wasn't?

**shakes head**
I thought it had been shot already...

Dogstar
03-13-2005, 04:47 PM

:rolleyes: Lighten up. He wasn't doing anything mean-spirited. He was probably just trying to lighten the mood a little.

Ann Allusion
03-13-2005, 05:27 PM
He wasn't doing anything mean-spirited. He was probably just trying to lighten the mood a little.

i didn't say it was "mean-spirited"...in fact that thought never even crossed my mind...and as for "lightening" the mood?...anything is possible...i only stated an observation...and if that was all he was doing...more power to him...i'm not in his head, and i wouldn't claim to say i knew what/why he has done it.

observations from other places i've read, altho, do lead to what i have posted...want to stop a discussion without closing the thread...you change the subject...get it as far away from the origional post as possible until people loose interest and let it fall...seen it done on other bb's...and despite what Tremontana thinks, it IS a "tactic"..it's a type of thread hijack, plain and simple.

Agent D
03-13-2005, 07:08 PM
actually, "D"...you've missed the whole point...has nothing to do with hero worship, rose colored glasses, or pedistles...but it has everything to do with RESPECTING the opinions of others...and just leaving it at that...period.

I like how you put my name in quotes. Is that supposed to be insulting or some kind of half-assed attempt at being friendly? Yeah, and you're so damn respectful of other people, what with your cleverly disguised arrogance and preaching. :rolleyes:

You can deny the rose colored glasses/pedistle/worship thing all you want but it's pretty clear you like Stapp on his high hose.

I've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL anybody else who they should and shouldn't like...i've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL those that feel that AB can do no wrong, that they are looking at them with "rose colored glasses"...i've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL anybody to quit posting because their opinions differ from the majority...beginning to get my drift there, "D" ?

Again with the "D" thing.

Let's just stop assuming that most Alter Bridge fans loathe Stapp, okay? We're disgruntled Stapp fans who are dying for just a taste of his solo stuff. We're drowning here, dying for some music (The guy has written one song in three years. Wow.) and you're taunting us with your unwavering faith in him. If you want to be that way, then fine, but don't begrudge other people of their right to be pissed off that Scott hasn't done his album yet.

The few AB fans here are not scolding you and other Stapp fans for still loving the guy and his voice. We just get frustrated when you refuse to acknowledge the severe lack of dedication he's been showing to his fans since the disastrous Chicago concert. And whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not play freaking Jagger card. Every Stapp fan always uses his child as an excuse. Just stop. I know plenty of parents who manage to get work done while being a single parent.

I do however remember this being the attitude of the "Creed Bashers" from a while back...they were the ones that were always talking/telling people about how wrong it was to support Creed, or to support stapp...

I don't see any of those people here. I don't see anybody here saying not to support Creed or Stapp because they suck. Did anybody here say Stapp sucks? I don't recall saying that. Some of us are just saying he has a bad habit of hinting at things and then not delivering.

and look at them now...guess WHO a big chunk of those AB fans are? Yep...those "trolls" from creednet days that really didn't like Creed because of stapp...but now they sing the praises of "A"nother "B"and...well, good for them...but i wonder if anyone sees the irony in this?

*cough, sputter* What? Do you honestly think that a lot of the Alter Bridge fans here are former trolls? Seriously? Because I only see the longtime members of this board supporting Alter Bridge, like Dogstar, Fluttergirl, Teri, and Marcos. I don't see any noobs who joined here recently to support AB and bash Stapp. Please, name them for me if I'm missing them.

of course just another "observation" to think about... :)

Yeah right, another observation. I'll uh take it under advisement.

Dogstar
03-13-2005, 07:26 PM
I like how you put my name in quotes. Is that supposed to be insulting or some kind of half-assed attempt at being friendly? Yeah, and you're so damn respectful of other people, what with your cleverly disguised arrogance and preaching. :rolleyes:

You can deny the rose colored glasses/pedistle/worship thing all you want but it's pretty clear you like Stapp on his high hose.

Again with the "D" thing.

Let's just stop assuming that most Alter Bridge fans loathe Stapp, okay? We're disgruntled Stapp fans who are dying for just a taste of his solo stuff. We're drowning here, dying for some music (The guy has written one song in three years. Wow.) and you're taunting us with your unwavering faith in him. If you want to be that way, then fine, but don't begrudge other people of their right to be pissed off that Scott hasn't done his album yet.

The few AB fans here are not scolding you and other Stapp fans for still loving the guy and his voice. We just get frustrated when you refuse to acknowledge the severe lack of dedication he's been showing to his fans since the disastrous Chicago concert. And whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not play freaking Jagger card. Every Stapp fan always uses his child as an excuse. Just stop. I know plenty of parents who manage to get work done while being a single parent.

I don't see any of those people here. I don't see anybody here saying not to support Creed or Stapp because they suck. Did anybody here say Stapp sucks? I don't recall saying that. Some of us are just saying he has a bad habit of hinting at things and then not delivering.

*cough, sputter* What? Do you honestly think that a lot of the Alter Bridge fans here are former trolls? Seriously? Because I only see the longtime members of this board supporting Alter Bridge, like Dogstar, Fluttergirl, Teri, and Marcos. I don't see any noobs who joined here recently to support AB and bash Stapp. Please, name them for me if I'm missing them.

Yeah right, another observation. I'll uh take it under advisement.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ann Allusion
03-13-2005, 07:51 PM
thank you for your reply, "D"...and btw...just the way i happend to post it, nothing more...sorry you took offense.

And whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not play freaking Jagger card. Every Stapp fan always uses his child as an excuse. Just stop. I know plenty of parents who manage to get work done while being a single parent.

reguarding the above quote...why would you even bring that up? A child is NEVER an excuse for anything...and as a parent, myself, i believe you have stepped over the line by even making such a suggestion towards me.

Again, STAPP HAS NOT OFFERED ANY EXCUSES/REASONS FOR THE DELAY...it is the fans that choose to speculate about the why's and reasons. You're right...single parents get work done...and i'm sure that stapp is doing the best that he can do as well...i've read no evidence to the contrary.

We're drowning here, dying for some music (The guy has written one song in three years. Wow.)

he has released one song in three years..but i will say none of us know how many he has truely written. But, i'm sure we will find out when everything is said and done and the album is released.

and you're taunting us with your unwavering faith in him. If you want to be that way, then fine, but don't begrudge other people of their right to be pissed off that Scott hasn't done his album yet.

well, i won't apologize for how i feel...because that's just me...and if you feel that my beliefs are a form of taunting, well, sounds like a personal problem to me...as far as begrudging people "their right to be pissed off" because they haven't gotten an album yet...got no problem with that either, again, that's yours and others choices...wanna be pissed...go for it...but don't take it out on those of us that aren't. :)

DangerousDan85
03-13-2005, 07:56 PM
i didn't say it was "mean-spirited"...in fact that thought never even crossed my mind...and as for "lightening" the mood?...anything is possible...i only stated an observation...and if that was all he was doing...more power to him...i'm not in his head, and i wouldn't claim to say i knew what/why he has done it.

observations from other places i've read, altho, do lead to what i have posted...want to stop a discussion without closing the thread...you change the subject...get it as far away from the origional post as possible until people loose interest and let it fall...seen it done on other bb's...and despite what Tremontana thinks, it IS a "tactic"..it's a type of thread hijack, plain and simple.

oh yeah i'm using "tactics" to "hijack" the thread and make it fade into obscurity. :rolleyes:

anyone who's posted on Creed Feed awhile knows that i post random stuff to try to give people a laugh and "lighten the mood" as Dogstar said. Hell, I'm one of Stapp's biggest fans. I think you're over-reacting a little bit.

maybe you're just mad because i didn't ask what kind of sandwich you wanted

Dogstar
03-13-2005, 07:59 PM
:laugh:

Agent D
03-13-2005, 08:29 PM
thank you for your reply, "D"...and btw...just the way i happend to post it, nothing more...sorry you took offense.

If you're sorry I took offense, why are you doing it again?

reguarding the above quote...why would you even bring that up? A child is NEVER an excuse for anything...and as a parent, myself, i believe you have stepped over the line by even making such a suggestion towards me.

Sorry if I crossed any line, but a lot of Stapp fans constantly use Jagger as an excuse for Stapp. I'll admit I don't know specifically who's done it so maybe you're not guilty of it. I was just trying to stay one step ahead of your argument.

Again, STAPP HAS NOT OFFERED ANY EXCUSES/REASONS FOR THE DELAY...it is the fans that choose to speculate about the why's and reasons. You're right...single parents get work done...and i'm sure that stapp is doing the best that he can do as well...i've read no evidence to the contrary.

Okay, so he's somehow doing a great job because he's keeping his fans in the dark? He damn well knows he has a site. I'm sure he's capable of telling someone to leave us a note on there. That's what the damn thing is for.

he has released one song in three years..but i will say none of us know how many he has truely written. But, i'm sure we will find out when everything is said and done and the album is released.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not psychic like some of the Stapp supporters around here. I actually need the music to be released in the CD format for me to enjoy it.

well, i won't apologize for how i feel...because that's just me...and if you feel that my beliefs are a form of taunting, well, sounds like a personal problem to me...as far as begrudging people "their right to be pissed off" because they haven't gotten an album yet...got no problem with that either, again, that's yours and others choices...wanna be pissed...go for it...but don't take it out on those of us that aren't. :)

I'm not taking anything out on anyone but your constant displays of "faith" in Scott get really irritating sometimes. I'm sure you don't intend it that way but it happens.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad you liked it, Kerri. ;)

maybe you're just mad because i didn't ask what kind of sandwich you wanted

:laugh: that's great

fluttergirl
03-13-2005, 08:31 PM

How is he not suppossed to take offense, when you continue to taunt him?
he made it obvious that the "d" bothered him, yet, you deemed his irritation unworthy of consideration by doing it again. we ALL know wether or not you are older than us, and we are ALL also well aware that you are a parent. That has nothing to do with wether or not you are right or wrong. and we all also know that you wont apologize for how you feel, but we also know that you simply cannot tolerate other peoples opinions, which you scream and yell about constantly. the second someone disagrees with you, YOU are the one to take it to a as you said 'highschool' level, and to patronize them to the point where many people, myself included, simply dont want to post their opinions. why?
because we're tired of fighting with you. you simply CANNOT have a conversation with the majority of this board with out belittling them, or angering them. i can honestly say, i have stayed out of many threads for the last two months, soley because i didnt want to be tempted to post, and then have to try and defend myself against you.

other trivial stuff- im sure AB has written far more than 11 songs. in fact, i bet they either have enough for an entire nother CD, or will so , by the time Stapp has even released information about another song.
and what does it say about Stapp, that he has not offered any reasons?
does he not care about his fans at all?
does he not want to keep them?
or dare i say it, does he expect a little too much, uh 'faith' from his fans?
as befit, well, a rock star, of course, what else? :rolleyes:
im aware i havent posted in this thread yet, and this may seem a little odd, but ive read it, and oh, how i have wanted to say something...i hadnt, because i couldnt figure out a way to say something you would allow, so why try?
there it is my opinion.
lets see if you "allow" it....

TeriB19
03-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Agent D: You fucking rock!!!! Everything, every SINGLE thing you said is DEAD ON!!!! I don't think anything's been better said on this entire thread. I salute you, brother!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Danny:You hijacker, you. The Feds have been called in. Your only hope is to take this thread to Cuba and join up with Fidel.
No, seriously Danny, you do make me laugh my ass off and for that I have nothing but admiration for you. I didn't see it as 'AA' saw it. We who have known and loved you this long knew exactly what you were doing. And I, for one, am certainly glad you're here. (lmao = you didn't offer her a sandwich)

Fluttergirl:I totally understand your desire to remain silent where 'AA' is concerned, it is rather frustrating talking to a brick wall. You KNOW your opinions matter, so feel free to chime in whenever you see fit.

And finally, Ann. Ann, Ann, Ann. Wow, where to begin? I'm not going to reiterate what has already been said over the past 10 pages of this thread. But I can tell you that these 'high school tactics' have managed to make this thread light and relatively fun to come back to. But, alas, we can't have everything. And, once again, you've managed to bring the dark cloud that is your opinion back to the thread and start the debate back up. Yes, that's right, I said the dark cloud that is your opinion. Because that's pretty much what everyone here is feeling about your posts. It is really beyond me why you even come back here, or why you even bother to venture out of the Waxing Poetica forum. You KNOW you've only got a handful of people here who enjoy reading your unending hymns of praise for Stapp. And most of those people only come here when there is anything other than the lifting up of the Prophet Scott. Not really sure what it's going to take to make you see that you are so out of touch with what really is going on here. It's actually a waste of time to even TRY. So I'll just say, once again, that I'm not really sure how you can reach the keyboard to type, given where I've already said where your head is.

I can ask you this though. Is there anyway we could get you to please STOP being so patronizing and condescending in your posts? Really. That would be a breath of fresh air.

Agent D
03-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Agent D: You fucking rock!!!! Everything, every SINGLE thing you said is DEAD ON!!!! I don't think anything's been better said on this entire thread. I salute you, brother!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Haha thanks. I'm just stating my opinion.

RockGoddess
03-13-2005, 09:48 PM
other trivial stuff- im sure AB has written far more than 11 songs. in fact, i bet they either have enough for an entire nother CD, or will so , by the time Stapp has even released information about another song.

Mark had 30 songs written and completed by March of '04.

johellion
03-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Shoot... all these people, should go back to PBF....where I was banned....I went there and was "LURKING", saw they were downing AB over that interview ....and said some bad stuff...and I stated my comments.....it lead from one thing to another...next thing.. I was banned...These people are weird...cultish...I would say...like Stapp is supernatural or something....What cracks me up is I knew Stapp....and ....he ain't right!!!! He still isn't...I am tired of his lies and delays.... :mad1:

fluttergirl
03-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Mark had 30 songs written and completed by March of '04.
i knew i heard it somewhere....

Steve
03-13-2005, 11:39 PM
LOL. This thread has gotten amusing.

Why....I bet next time I come back here in a week or so...this thread will be locked....just like all the others.

Just to appease our Stapp fans, this thread will remain open.

uncertaindrumer
03-14-2005, 08:21 AM

You need to get out more. A LOT more. To say no one admits AB will do any wrong is ridiculous, unimportant, irrelevant, and downright false.

But even if it WAS relevant, AB has a RECORD out for fans to enjoy. Stapp has... a song.

So the comparison is ridiculous.

But beyond that, you're incessant complaining is ludicrous. You complained about the thread, and now that the thread has STOPPED complaining about Stapp, you complain about it because it's about food! What on earth do you want?

Everyone here has respected your opinions, or at least, DID, although after your most recent two posts I'm not sure anymore. We were having an argument about Stapp. Big deal. It happens. People have arguments. So someone changes the subject to food and you blow a gasket? What on earth?

titan9
03-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Shoot... all these people, should go back to PBF....where I was banned....I went there and was "LURKING", saw they were downing AB over that interview ....and said some bad stuff...and I stated my comments.....it lead from one thing to another...next thing.. I was banned...These people are weird...cultish...I would say...like Stapp is supernatural or something....What cracks me up is I knew Stapp....and ....he ain't right!!!! He still isn't...I am tired of his lies and delays.... :mad1:

Well, you know, they aren't going to allow you to bash or say anything negative about Scott. Afterall, it is a fan site dedicated only to him and his solo career, so you gotta expect that if you bash him(or say negative things about him) then you're gonna get banned. Fair or not, that is the way it is with fan sites. I know if someone came to the forums I co-admin, and said bad things about 12 Stones, I'd promptly ban them. It's a fan site dedicated to them, and negativity about them has no place there.

I am, personally, uncomfortable with the constant use of Stapp smilies, banners and avatars. But it is their forums, and the site has a beautiful layout, so I won't bash them. I think they do an awesome job of keeping people updated, and do a good job of keeping stuff positive over there. I don't know if the people over there are "cultish" but it definitely is not your average fan site.

Wow, it's funny how these threads keep turning into 10 page arguments, lol! Can't we get back on topic? The topic being that Stapp has(or is going to) shoot a Nascar commercial and that the album is tentatively scheduled for August? Can't we discuss what we think the album is going to be like? Perhaps there would be less arguing. Of course, just my opinion. :)

OneOmerta
03-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Shoot... all these people, should go back to PBF....where I was banned....I went there and was "LURKING", saw they were downing AB over that interview ....and said some bad stuff...and I stated my comments.....it lead from one thing to another...next thing.. I was banned...These people are weird...cultish...I would say...like Stapp is supernatural or something....What cracks me up is I knew Stapp....and ....he ain't right!!!! He still isn't...I am tired of his lies and delays....

Hmmm....interesting Jo. Why don't you give the REASON you were banned from PBF...and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH STAPP! You were banned because of your FILTHY comments to me. And believe me....I have the proof of that. So quit making it seem like you were banned because you hate Stapp, because that's an outright LIE!

Talk about weird and someone "ain't being right".....why....since your Brian's aunt....do you give a crap if Stapp lies about his album or it is delayed? :wtf: Your nephew is doing what he loves to do and I think you need to MOVE ON already and quit beatin that poor horse.

Well, you know, they aren't going to allow you to bash or say anything negative about Scott. Afterall, it is a fan site dedicated only to him and his solo career, so you gotta expect that if you bash him(or say negative things about him) then you're gonna get banned. Fair or not, that is the way it is with fan sites. I know if someone came to the forums I co-admin, and said bad things about 12 Stones, I'd promptly ban them. It's a fan site dedicated to them, and negativity about them has no place there.

I am, personally, uncomfortable with the constant use of Stapp smilies, banners and avatars. But it is their forums, and the site has a beautiful layout, so I won't bash them. I think they do an awesome job of keeping people updated, and do a good job of keeping stuff positive over there. I don't know if the people over there are "cultish" but it definitely is not your average fan site.

Wow, it's funny how these threads keep turning into 10 page arguments, lol! Can't we get back on topic? The topic being that Stapp has(or is going to) shoot a Nascar commercial and that the album is tentatively scheduled for August? Can't we discuss what we think the album is going to be like? Perhaps there would be less arguing. Of course, just my opinion. :)

Titan...sorry...I had to reply to Johellion....because she outright lies..so back on topic after this LOL. She was NOT BANNED because she bashed Stapp....she was banned for her very NASTY, FILTHY post to me. End of story!

titan9
03-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Hmmm....interesting Jo. Why don't you give the REASON you were banned from PBF...and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH STAPP! You were banned because of your FILTHY comments to me. And believe me....I have the proof of that. So quit making it seem like you were banned because you hate Stapp, because that's an outright LIE!

Talk about weird and someone "ain't being right".....why....since your Brian's aunt....do you give a crap if Stapp lies about his album or it is delayed? :wtf: Your nephew is doing what he loves to do and I think you need to MOVE ON already and quit beatin that poor horse.

Titan...sorry...I had to reply to Johellion....because she outright lies..so back on topic after this LOL. She was NOT BANNED because she bashed Stapp....she was banned for her very NASTY, FILTHY post to me. End of story!

Really? Didn't know that and I was assuming it was anti-Stapp. Totally understandable to ban someone if they are being rude to a member or members. I wasn't around at PBF when that happened, so I definitely had no idea what the cause was.

OneOmerta
03-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Totally understandable to ban someone if they are being rude to a member or members

She has been rude to a few members there...but I believe her post to me was the last straw. While I am an admitted smartass LOL...what I said to her in a post, didn't warrant what she said to me in reply to get her banned. She deserved that banning...in fact...I don't even know why she wants to be a part of a Stapp site when she has admitted to HATING the man, as far back as 97!!! :wtf: Talk about weird and cultish :confused:

uncertaindrumer
03-14-2005, 02:54 PM
As long as people aren't rude about their views, and actually have a good reason for bringing them up, I don't care what they are.

I mean, for instance, I love AB, but I admit they have faults and I don't mind talking about those faults on an AB message board. The same would go for any band as far as I'm concerned.

Now, just completely bashing whoever the site is dedicated to with no reason is absurd and you should indeed be banned.

Also, attacking another member of the board should get you banned if it is serous enough. (I mean, calling someone a moron shouldn't get them banned, but ya know).

titan9
03-14-2005, 03:56 PM
As long as people aren't rude about their views, and actually have a good reason for bringing them up, I don't care what they are.

I mean, for instance, I love AB, but I admit they have faults and I don't mind talking about those faults on an AB message board. The same would go for any band as far as I'm concerned.

Now, just completely bashing whoever the site is dedicated to with no reason is absurd and you should indeed be banned.

Also, attacking another member of the board should get you banned if it is serous enough. (I mean, calling someone a moron shouldn't get them banned, but ya know).

Yup, I agree with all of that. I don't think anyone here has said Alter Bridge is perfect.(even though some people have said that people are saying that) No band is perfect, and Alter Bridge is no different. They have their faults just as any other artist(including Stapp) does.

Trimontana
03-14-2005, 07:08 PM

I dont care if Johellion was banned for being rude with one or more people at the PBF board. Cos i understand her perfectly. PBF is a Stapp cult board, sorry to say that. And its completly understandable that someone can be rude with someone in there (they get on people nerves), cos the most of the board members are annoying and think about Stapp as a perfection.
I just think to be rude with someone must be cos she red something that she didnt like, and obviously i would do the same. You make a laugh of AB at your "Creative Section", and dont tell you dont. Dont tell me that is love what you have for AB and thats cos you have them on that section. We never had here a section laughing about Stapp putting quotes like you put on AB pictures. Dont tell me that you like AB and specially Mark, when you had a thread critizicing him just for being honnest and say what really hapenned...cos i think he is too nice anyway, he didnt say loats of things for sure happened at the Creed times...and that why dont like him...you dont like to listen to the TRUE.
And say that Brian always have been honnest...he said he was in a bad period of his life and stuff....he didnt lie. I met brian 5 time already and i have to say that he is one of the best guys i have ever met. He is nice and considerated with fans....Marshall rocks. Well, thats another reason why you dont like AB.

P.S. Thats funny how some of the PBF are here on the board with the invisible mode on the bottom of the main board page :rolleyes:

Dani
03-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Gee, you stop visiting a forum for a few months and you come back and the same bullshit arguments are still going on. It's not worth it guys.

titan9
03-14-2005, 09:22 PM
I dont care if Johellion was banned for being rude with one or more people at the PBF board. Cos i understand her perfectly. PBF is a Stapp cult board, sorry to say that. And its completly understandable that someone can be rude with someone in there (they get on people nerves), cos the most of the board members are annoying and think about Stapp as a perfection.
I just think to be rude with someone must be cos she red something that she didnt like, and obviously i would do the same. You make a laugh of AB at your "Creative Section", and dont tell you dont. Dont tell me that is love what you have for AB and thats cos you have them on that section. We never had here a section laughing about Stapp putting quotes like you put on AB pictures. Dont tell me that you like AB and specially Mark, when you had a thread critizicing him just for being honnest and say what really hapenned...cos i think he is too nice anyway, he didnt say loats of things for sure happened at the Creed times...and that why dont like him...you dont like to listen to the TRUE.
And say that Brian always have been honnest...he said he was in a bad period of his life and stuff....he didnt lie. I met brian 5 time already and i have to say that he is one of the best guys i have ever met. He is nice and considerated with fans....Marshall rocks. Well, thats another reason why you dont like AB.

P.S. Thats funny how some of the PBF are here on the board with the invisible mode on the bottom of the main board page :rolleyes:

You know, PBF being a "cult" is your opinion. You seem to have said it like it was a fact, which it isn't. I don't think they are a "cult", but I do believe they all like Stapp a whole lot. And, as I have said before, there are some Alter Bridge fans who are every bit as obsessive about Alter Bridge as Stapp fans who are obsessive about him. It really goes both ways.

And(this is if I am correctly understanding what you said) you're upset that some PBF'ers are on these forums? They've got a right to be here(and this is my opinion) as long as they aren't disruptive and don't bash Alter Bridge, Stapp or Creed. These forums are for all three, and not everyone who is a member here is going to like all three.(although I do like all three equally) If an Alter Bridge fan goes over to PBF and starts bad mouthing Stapp, they deserve to be banned. Same thing if a Stapp fan goes to an Alter Bridge only board and starts bashing them.

I realize that there are some Stapp fans at PBF who HATE Alter Bridge. You know what? That's their choice, their opinion. You can't get angry at them for stating their opinion, whether you believe its right or wrong. As I said above, I consider myself to be an equal fan, so you aren't going to see me bashing Stapp or Alter Bridge. However, not everyone is like me(in that they are equal fans) and really, all the fights occur between those who are either extreme Alter Bridge fans or extreme Stapp fans. Don't be angry at the PBFers in the Creative Forum for making fun of Alter Bridge. It's their choice, even though I personally do not agree with it. Try to think of it from another point of view. Would YOU be laughing if Alter Bridge fans were running down and bashing Stapp? You probably wouldn't have a problem with it, while the Stapp fans would be crying foul. Again, it works both ways.

The truth is, we don't know what really happened. For all we know, Mark could be lying completely.(and, I'm not saying that he is or isn't, I really think there's truth from both sides) We don't know for sure who is telling the truth and who isn't. The PBF'ers who bash Mark must believe that he is lying. Again, it's their choice what they believe.

And, they(those who dislike Alter Bridge at PBF) have NEVER claimed to like them. It would be different if they did say that they were showing them "love" but they never have.

Now, don't take this as me personally attacking you. I just saw some things in your post that made me want to type up a response. Believe me, I don't want to get into fights with anyone here, which is why I haven't really said that much in this thread since the first couple of pages.

Peace,
Titan9

uncertaindrumer
03-14-2005, 10:20 PM
That's really the trick isn't it? It is difficult to like both Stapp and AB because it is quite obvious that either Stapp or Tremo is a complete and total idiot.

Unfortunately, Tremonti has his bandmates, history, and sheer common sense backing him up, while Scott has the same things tearing him down.

I think however, that some people take it to far. For instance, I can't stand Scott Stapp. People here know that, and stating it again is nothing new. But I don't let the fact that I think he is a complete and total doofus inflence my judgement on his music. I liked Creed a lot, and I assume that somehwere in him is a guy capabe of making good music, hence my anticipation of his solo album, although I admit I would not be surprised if I am greatly dissapointed.

But so what? I think he is a big great jerk. Most musicians are. If he makes good music I'll listen to it. A lot of people won't, though, and that's why AB is so much more liked, and definitely a LOT less hated (and oh yeah, AB HAS A CD OUT!), because more people tend to think Tremonti is the straight up guy while Stapp is the egomaniacal pig.

I'm not saying what you should believe, I'm just saying that's why it seems like there is so much antagonistic feeling between Stapp worhsippers and AB fans. I don't understand it because no matter who the idiot is, music is music. And besides, all of the Beatles were seemingly jerks, no one dislikes them because of that!

And I hope that the Stapp fans here do not take this as an anti Stapp post. It really isn't. Everyone here knows I don't like him, I am not trying to bash him, only illustrate what I see as the problem (an almsot entirely avoidable problem, at that) between diehards of either camp.

Also, I'm not saying EVERYONE who hates Stapp or AB (although AB haters are a dying breed, I am pleased to notice) does so solely based on one issue. Some people just don't like their music. I know I'M no big fan of Stapp's lyrics (can't say anything about his music since there IS none), and if people don't like AB, fine, although I should think that OYE, BW, ILM would appeal to Creed fans. (And let's face it, there is not a soul on the planet who likes Stapp but didn't like Creed).

Anyway, I basically just think both sides have to rememeber that you can enjoy all the music and don't need to incessantly make fun of one or the other.

Trimontana
03-15-2005, 04:15 AM
You know, PBF being a "cult" is your opinion. You seem to have said it like it was a fact, which it isn't. I don't think they are a "cult", but I do believe they all like Stapp a whole lot. And, as I have said before, there are some Alter Bridge fans who are every bit as obsessive about Alter Bridge as Stapp fans who are obsessive about him. It really goes both ways.

And(this is if I am correctly understanding what you said) you're upset that some PBF'ers are on these forums? They've got a right to be here(and this is my opinion) as long as they aren't disruptive and don't bash Alter Bridge, Stapp or Creed. These forums are for all three, and not everyone who is a member here is going to like all three.(although I do like all three equally) If an Alter Bridge fan goes over to PBF and starts bad mouthing Stapp, they deserve to be banned. Same thing if a Stapp fan goes to an Alter Bridge only board and starts bashing them.

I realize that there are some Stapp fans at PBF who HATE Alter Bridge. You know what? That's their choice, their opinion. You can't get angry at them for stating their opinion, whether you believe its right or wrong. As I said above, I consider myself to be an equal fan, so you aren't going to see me bashing Stapp or Alter Bridge. However, not everyone is like me(in that they are equal fans) and really, all the fights occur between those who are either extreme Alter Bridge fans or extreme Stapp fans. Don't be angry at the PBFers in the Creative Forum for making fun of Alter Bridge. It's their choice, even though I personally do not agree with it. Try to think of it from another point of view. Would YOU be laughing if Alter Bridge fans were running down and bashing Stapp? You probably wouldn't have a problem with it, while the Stapp fans would be crying foul. Again, it works both ways.

The truth is, we don't know what really happened. For all we know, Mark could be lying completely.(and, I'm not saying that he is or isn't, I really think there's truth from both sides) We don't know for sure who is telling the truth and who isn't. The PBF'ers who bash Mark must believe that he is lying. Again, it's their choice what they believe.

And, they(those who dislike Alter Bridge at PBF) have NEVER claimed to like them. It would be different if they did say that they were showing them "love" but they never have.

Now, don't take this as me personally attacking you. I just saw some things in your post that made me want to type up a response. Believe me, I don't want to get into fights with anyone here, which is why I haven't really said that much in this thread since the first couple of pages.

Peace,
Titan9

No at all Tita9. I think you post was really polite, no offensew at all.
Stiil having my opinion that anyone is gonna change.
Thats cool for your part that you like both, i couldnt do that. I cant like AB and Stapp at the same time, even i think Stapp was a great singer (just profesionally).

Ana4Stapp
03-15-2005, 05:52 AM
I'm not saying what you should believe, I'm just saying that's why it seems like there is so much antagonistic feeling between Stapp worhsippers and AB fans. I don't understand it because no matter who the idiot is, music is music. And besides, all of the Beatles were seemingly jerks, no one dislikes them because of that!

You said it!

And I hope that the Stapp fans here do not take this as an anti Stapp post. It really isn't. Everyone here knows I don't like him, I am not trying to bash him, only illustrate what I see as the problem (an almsot entirely avoidable problem, at that) between diehards of either camp.

It's obvious, Stephen, you aren't bashing him...

Anyway, I basically just think both sides have to rememeber that you can enjoy all the music and don't need to incessantly make fun of one or the other.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm a Stapp fan, as everybody knows here, cause my name and avatar... (and I really like AB, of course)... but I know he's not right all the time, he has his faults like everybody...
The only thing I really don't like is people trying to make foolish comparisons about Stapp and AB ... by the way, people on this board have to understand that any member here have the same right to express an opinion about (of course, not to bashing ), Creed , or Stapp or AB MUSIC!!!

If you like Stapp, good! If you like AB , good! And if you like them equally,very good: These guys had an important role on the rock's history with Creed,and this is bigger than this tedious discussion,..sorry to say that...but is true... :o

I have to say, however, the girls on PBF do a real good job on updating us about Scott, what his official site doesn't...and it's quite obvious that if you go there(PBF) you are not (presuming that) going to bashing Stapp...and if it's the same with AB forums...You have to respect the others members...Cause there's a lot of passion involved on it...and yeah, Music is made by passion, by emotion...and if there's not , please, so this is not music...and if it's not music....forget it... :rolleyes:
:rockout: :music:

Bridge of Clay
03-15-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm feeling the need for a burger... can you feel it? ;)

Ana4Stapp
03-15-2005, 08:31 AM
I'm feeling the need for a burger... can you feel it? ;)

Definitely :rolleyes:

titan9
03-15-2005, 12:26 PM
No at all Tita9. I think you post was really polite, no offensew at all.
Stiil having my opinion that anyone is gonna change.
Thats cool for your part that you like both, i couldnt do that. I cant like AB and Stapp at the same time, even i think Stapp was a great singer (just profesionally).

Alright, cool. Glad to see that you didn't take it personal. I understand that not everyone can like the two equally, nothing strange about that.

And Uncertain, I definitely didn't take that as a Stapp bashing post. See, I can't defend Stapp as a person, because I've never met him and don't know what he is truly like. I can, however, defend Stapp the musician, the guy who makes the music. That is simply because I love his lyrics and his vocal ability. The same goes for Tremonti. I can defend him as a musician(because I like his lyrics and love his ability on guitar), but can't defend him as a person, because, again, I don't know him personally and I've never met him. I think it is important to draw that line between the music and the person. No matter how much of a jerk Stapp(or Tremonti) is, I will still appreciate his music as long as it is good. That's really the only thing that matters to me.

OneOmerta
03-15-2005, 12:56 PM

That's fine if you feel that way about PBF...but are you a member there? If not...then how do you form that opinion? I do believe that there are some who are VERY dedicated to Stapp. That's their business..and not for me to judge. Personally, I've never been a drooler over ANY of Creeds former members...but yes...I'm a Stapp fan...he's got an awesome voice.

First of all...I'm trying to understand your english...so forgive me if I take something wrong....

I'm sorry....do you think I run PBF or something? What they choose to do on THEIR board is THEIR business. Not mine, not yours, not anyones! I'm merely a member who visits there...because I like the Admins of the board...and I appreciate the Stapp updates...there's no other site like it for those Stapp updates, and the women who run that board are people that I'm proud to know (as much as one can on the internet lol). I don't often participate in threads at ANY board I go to, so do NOT accuse me of making fun of AB at any board..unless you've seen posts by me specifically doing just that, please leave me out of your above little rant. :mad1:

What did I say about Brian to warrant this diatribe? Do you NOT read the thread before you hit reply? :rolleyes: Did I ever say Brian lied? I said JOHELLION is a LIAR and that her nephew was doing what he loves to do so she needs to move on already. Please tell me WHERE I said anything different? Because what spewed out of your mouth wasn't at ALL what I posted! :wtf: And you KNOW I don't like AB huh? Interesting. How do you know this? Is there anything else about myself that you'd like to fill me in on? Please do...should be interesting! :wtf:

So what if I'm invisible....what difference is it to you? And I'm not a PBF (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean)...I happen to be a person who visits ALOT OF BOARDS, including ABB.net (Cuz ***GASP*** I actually OWN the damn CD) and I'm an Admin at another board I share with MUSIC FANS! So next time you run your pie hole..you might want to get a bit more informed. :smokin:

ctfan
03-15-2005, 03:02 PM

**shakes head**

Thanks for the info Frankie. I know that Nascar played a few Creed songs during some of the races (at least I think they did...lol), and Stapp/GB performed at their awards ceremony....so it makes sense to me that he would do a commercial for them. I think it's cool.... :)

ctfan
03-15-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm not saying what you should believe, I'm just saying that's why it seems like there is so much antagonistic feeling between Stapp worhsippers and AB fans.

Ok, so some of us just can't simply be Stapp fans, we are "Stapp worshippers"....but "AB fans" are just that, right? "Fans" as you say.

And we all have to remember to just enjoy all the music, and not incessantly make fun of one or the other.

Ummm, ok. Sure.

titan9
03-15-2005, 03:34 PM
You know, I think the worshipper tag works both ways. I'm positive there are some Alter Bridge fans who would be considered "Alter Bridge worshippers" just like there are some Stapp fans who would(and are) considered as "Stapp worshippers".

ctfan
03-15-2005, 04:10 PM
You know, I think the worshipper tag works both ways. I'm positive there are some Alter Bridge fans who would be considered "Alter Bridge worshippers" just like there are some Stapp fans who would(and are) considered as "Stapp worshippers".

Maybe titan. It's just that I simply don't understand why the need to say things like the quote I posted. I've never called anyone here a "worshipper" of anything. Not music, sports, etc. If I can respect what they like, love, etc. I just can't understand why they can't do the same for me.

But it's ok. I'll just learn to live with it.... :)

uncertaindrumer
03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Ok, so some of us just can't simply be Stapp fans, we are "Stapp worshippers"....but "AB fans" are just that, right? "Fans" as you say.

And we all have to remember to just enjoy all the music, and not incessantly make fun of one or the other.

Ummm, ok. Sure.

Excuse my vocabulary. I have noticed that compositions, essays, and even normal message board posts are far more readable and far more... "distinguished" for lack of a better word when one does not repeat the same words over and over until the end of time. I was trying to draw a parallel, not trying to say that AB fans are just fans and Stapp only has worshippers. I was simply trying to avoid mindless repetition.

I was trying to compare the two extremes. Call 'em die-hards, worshippers, whatever, I don't care.

Although as a simple note, I would say that in a ratio of fans to worshippers, Stapp has a MUCH higher base of "die-hards", "worshippers" or whatever you want to call them. It seems so because all of the people who would just be normal "fans" (all these ambiguous words are killing me) are getting fed up, that those fans left seem to usually be die-hard Scott lovers. Nothing wrong with that, but AB definitely has less "fanatic" fans, althoug that is a contradiction, seeing as where the word "fan" comes from...

Yeah, I'm tired, spent, in a bad mood, pay me no mind. I don't even know what I was just trying to say.

But anyway, I was talking about both extremists, the words are interchangable. Worshippers, Die-hards, fanatics, call them what you want, I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

RockGoddess
03-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I have stayed out of this thread because really, what can be said about Stapp that hasn't been said? Those that believe, will. Those that don't, tend to bash. And then there are those of us who have resigned ourselves to a position somewhere in the middle.

But as I said to a new friend I've recently made (someone with whom I fought bitterly over Stapp and yet seem to have found a common ground with, and for whom I have a new found respect) it amazes me how a personality, who most of us have never met, can trigger such heated emotion! THAT is what fascinates me the most. What is it about that man that compels us to carry on for 12 pages in a thread?

Interesting study in human behavior.....................

aussiecreeder
03-15-2005, 09:13 PM
I have stayed out of this thread because really, what can be said about Stapp that hasn't been said? Those that believe, will. Those that don't, tend to bash. And then there are those of us who have resigned ourselves to a position somewhere in the middle.

But as I said to a new friend I've recently made (someone with whom I fought bitterly over Stapp and yet seem to have found a common ground with, and for whom I have a new found respect) it amazes me how a personality, who most of us have never met, can trigger such heated emotion! THAT is what fascinates me the most. What is it about that man that compels us to carry on for 12 pages in a thread?

How is that someone can inspire such devotion from a few and such hate from the many? It is strange.......well for me unless he brings out his album in the next year soon enough it will be Scott who? Oh that Creed guy right.......

uncertaindrumer
03-15-2005, 10:04 PM

Most rock stars are the same way. People commonly seen as egotistical pigs yet who have a few devoted fans often inspire gigantic arguments.

Bridge of Clay
03-16-2005, 08:12 AM

LOL! Another parallel between Christ and Stapp! j/k

Honestly... I have no idea...

uncertaindrumer
03-16-2005, 08:31 AM
^ROFL! That really had me cracking up... Unfortunately, it was quite painful because I have a really bad sore throat...

RockGoddess
03-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Marcos you knucklehead! LOL