Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The best in MOP [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The best in MOP

Ana4Stapp
02-23-2005, 10:12 AM
I can't stop listening to MOP, and it's kind of funny, because, MOP was the last Creed cd I bought. I have already one copy of this album, recorded from web, by a friend of mine, but I must admit that the result wasn't very good...

Last month, however , I came to a store near home, to buy AB album, and I couldn't find it, so, I decided to take a look on CDs of the artists/bands beggining with C. So, I found MOP. There was only one copy. Of course, I bought it. Since that day, I listen it over and over again... :cool:

Every time I 'm listenig this album there's one song that grews ...now, for example, it's Unforgiven.

So, my question is what is/are the MOP songs you can't stop listening to??? ;)

titan9
02-23-2005, 11:08 AM
My Own Prison, definitely. One is a close second, though. I think those are my two favorie Creed songs and I'll never get tired of hearing those two.

Trimontana
02-23-2005, 02:43 PM
MOP is my very own favourite cd ever..not just from Creed times....it's a special cd in my life. That cd changed my life and perspective of life. Every single song has a meaning for me.
My fav song is "Illusion", goodness i can't describe how i feel when i hear Mr. Tremonti riff in that track.

RMadd
02-23-2005, 03:50 PM
What's This Life For. definitely my favorite song from the album, and in my top 3 (alone w/ Higher & ITTE) of Creed songs overall.

titan9
02-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I forgot to say, I also really like "Pity For A Dime" and "Illusion". But not as much as I love MOP and One.

bobben
02-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Illusion sucks! That's the only Creed-song that's not any good at all! I love Pity For A Dime! Awesome solo! Bound & Tied is also a very cool song. :cool:

The Lithium
02-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Last month, however , I came to a store near home, to buy AB album,
MOP rocks, but you really should check out ODR. That's my fav album of all times. All those songs with such deep meanings!

uncertaindrumer
02-23-2005, 08:04 PM
MOP is by far my favorite Creed album. Pity For a Dime is awesome thanks to the solo, but my overall favorite's gotta be Unforgiven. Awesome riffage.

Ana4Stapp
02-23-2005, 09:38 PM
MOP rocks, but you really should check out ODR. That's my fav album of all times. All those songs with such deep meanings!

I love Creed songs , but be sure that I'll check AB album as quickly as possible, OK? ;)

Ana4Stapp
02-23-2005, 09:50 PM
MOP is by far my favorite Creed album. Pity For a Dime is awesome thanks to the solo, but my overall favorite's gotta be Unforgiven. Awesome riffage.

You said it. ;)
My fav. song is My Own Prison, and I also love WTLF and Torn, but Unforgiven becomes a kinda special to me.Of course, the guys are awesome and Stapp's voice is really great on it. :cool:

Dogstar
02-23-2005, 10:12 PM
I can never pick a favorite off that album. I love every song on it.

Ana4Stapp
02-23-2005, 10:25 PM
I can never pick a favorite off that album. I love every song on it.

I know it, but now, Unforgiven is sounding " different" to me.;)

uncertaindrumer
02-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Stephen ,

You said it. ;)
My fav. song is My Own Prison, and I also love WTLF and Torn, but Unforgiven becomes a kinda special to me.Of course, the guys are awesome and Stapp's voice is really great on it. :cool:

WTLF is good also... and actually, Stapp's voice does sound better on MOP than on the others... maybe I just imagine that but it seems better at least.

Ana4Stapp
02-23-2005, 10:42 PM
WTLF is good also... and actually, Stapp's voice does sound better on MOP than on the others... maybe I just imagine that but it seems better at least.

C'mon ,Stapp's voice is great on HC and Weathered, too. ;)

jammy123
02-24-2005, 02:38 AM
his voice is gr8 on all albums...but sometimes i wish they wouldve recorded acoustics of my sacrifice and OLB.

The Lithium
02-24-2005, 09:08 AM
I love Creed songs , but be sure that I'll check AB album as quickly as possible, OK? ;)
Yeah, I love Creed too! I was a die hard Creed freak long before AB was even born! Like most of us here.

uncertaindrumer
02-24-2005, 02:05 PM
^Not me :cool:

C'mon ,Stapp's voice is great on HC and Weathered, too. ;)

No his voice is fine on the other ones he just seems to put more... I dunno, something into it on MOP.

Actually, its probably just because I like those songs better that I like the vocals better. Plus the lyrics are better--less preachy, it seems, except for "in america" which is just about the only song on MOP I don't like...

WTLF is the only song that has really BAD lyrics on MOP... and that is still one of my favorite Creed songs...

Ana4Stapp
02-24-2005, 10:46 PM
^Not me :cool:

No his voice is fine on the other ones he just seems to put more... I dunno, something into it on MOP.

Actually, its probably just because I like those songs better that I like the vocals better. Plus the lyrics are better--less preachy, it seems, except for "in america" which is just about the only song on MOP I don't like...

WTLF is the only song that has really BAD lyrics on MOP... and that is still one of my favorite Creed songs...
It's a matter of opinion! ;) But I also agreed that In America is the weaker song of all...And yeah, MOP is my fav too...Unforgiven is one of the best on MOP for me and you ... :cool:

Hey, we agree to each other in almost everything... :rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer
02-25-2005, 04:05 PM
It's a matter of opinion! ;) But I also agreed that In America is the weaker song of all...And yeah, MOP is my fav too...Unforgiven is one of the best on MOP for me and you ... :cool:

Hey, we agree to each other in almost everything... :rolleyes:

It isn't like I think WTLF lyrics are terrible necessarily on their own... but when you take into account the fact that you have heard a billion choruses like that already... well, it gets lame.

But either way that song as a whole is one of my favorite Creed songs.

Ana4Stapp
02-26-2005, 12:31 AM
It isn't like I think WTLF lyrics are terrible necessarily on their own... but when you take into account the fact that you have heard a billion choruses like that already... well, it gets lame.

But either way that song as a whole is one of my favorite Creed songs.

Me too. ;) :cool: :)
The only weak song on MOP is In America. In true, I like this song, but I don'tlike the verse that says : "only in America we kill the unborn,"

renbergs
02-26-2005, 07:24 AM
his voice is gr8 on all albums...but sometimes i wish they wouldve recorded acoustics of my sacrifice and OLB.

I have My Sacrifice as an acoustic recording. Not so very good quality, though. Don't know how the recording was made, perhaps a recorded TV or radio show or something? I don't know...

I can upload it in the beginning of next week if you want it?

Just let me know!

Ana4Stapp
02-26-2005, 10:11 AM
I have My Sacrifice as an acoustic recording. Not so very good quality, though. Don't know how the recording was made, perhaps a recorded TV or radio show or something? I don't know...

I can upload it in the beginning of next week if you want it?

Just let me know!

Could you send me it too? I'm curious about this version!

scrit
02-26-2005, 05:31 PM
I definatly agree that Unforgiven is the best song on MOP. Its also my favorite creed song. I love it because it is the hardest on the album, and because the guitar part is really fun to play.

Ana4Stapp
02-26-2005, 07:49 PM
I definatly agree that Unforgiven is the best song on MOP. Its also my favorite creed song. I love it because it is the hardest on the album, and because the guitar part is really fun to play.

You said it! ;) Unforgiven rocks!!! :rockon:

DangerousDan85
02-28-2005, 04:29 AM
WTLF and MOP are the songs i listen to the most off the album. I like to play them both on guitar and WTLF is probably my favorite Creed song. I just never get tired of those songs.

Bridge of Clay
02-28-2005, 08:35 AM
The blue collar version owns the wind-up one.

The WTLF with intro version is amazing. One sounds better too when Mark and Flip make a few stops by the end.

uncertaindrumer
02-28-2005, 09:53 AM
The blue collar version owns the wind-up one.

The WTLF with intro version is amazing. One sounds better too when Mark and Flip make a few stops by the end.

I've always wondered what the Blue Collar version sounds like... I have heard it isn't as heavy, in which case I probably wouldn't like it as much...

titan9
02-28-2005, 12:48 PM
The Blue Collar version of One is awesome! Same with the BC version of MOP. Even better than the album versions of those two songs.

uncertaindrumer
03-02-2005, 11:39 AM
The Blue Collar version of One is awesome! Same with the BC version of MOP. Even better than the album versions of those two songs.

Anywhere I can listen to them? I'm assuming not...

Bridge of Clay
03-02-2005, 12:33 PM
I've always wondered what the Blue Collar version sounds like... I have heard it isn't as heavy, in which case I probably wouldn't like it as much...
that's bs. just the mixing is a bit different. Mark had some effects removed on a couple tracks but nothing major. and one had a different ending.

titan9
03-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Anywhere I can listen to them? I'm assuming not...

I don't know of a place to download them for sure, but I have 4 or 5(I got'em off WinMX a few months ago) of the tracks and I could send'em to you through yousendit.com, if you'd like. All I need is your email address, and I can send'em to you when I get home tomorrow.(I'm at my sister's house and don't have access to my CPU files right now)

uncertaindrumer
03-02-2005, 02:08 PM
I don't know of a place to download them for sure, but I have 4 or 5(I got'em off WinMX a few months ago) of the tracks and I could send'em to you through yousendit.com, if you'd like. All I need is your email address, and I can send'em to you when I get home tomorrow.(I'm at my sister's house and don't have access to my CPU files right now)

Alright, awesome. My email is metroidfreak@emailaccount.com

titan9
03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I guess I'm gonna be here one more day, so I'll send those files along tomorrow.

titan9
03-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Alright, I sent the songs, Uncertain. They should show up as being from "Yousendit". All you gotta do is open the email, click the link and then download. I sent you MOP, Ode, One, Pity For a Dime, Illusion and Torn.

burnie022
03-07-2005, 08:00 PM
sent you a message titan

you know, it's funny cause i got my own prison at about the same time you did. (Human Clay was the first i got, didn't bother to look before it..)
i can't stop listening to that album. i even stopped listening to One Day Remains (some) to listen to that album.. my favorite song is Torn. I can't get enough of it... that's song is so friggin' awesome, and those lyrics.....
my other favorites are My Own Prison, Pity For a Dime, and What's This Life For (not in any order, no way to put em in one!). i seriously just love that album....

NeedforCreed
03-29-2005, 11:06 AM
This cd is the standard by which I judge all the other ones. I can't really think of one negative this one has. This one sets the bar pretty hard.

NeedforCreed
03-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Each song in MOP is kickin. I think MOP is the best cd that's been made by all bands. I can't understand how someone could be into Creed and not like MOP, but that's just me. This cd has special meaning to me, though. When this came out I was going through a trying time and listening to this was a release at the only place I could find. It was like I connected with each song from start to finish. Somehow, I think this cd reached out to a lot of folks who were looking for a release. I think it was intended for more than putting something out that sounds good.