Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I learned something new today. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I learned something new today.

Higher_Desire
02-18-2005, 10:23 PM
God isn't going to judge us. Jesus will be the judge!

John 5:20-23
"For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgement unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him."

I was talking about this with some people, and we came up with some good possibilities of why. But what do you guys think?

H-D :pimp:

creedsister
02-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Well HE IS LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS :smokin: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: And The Judge Of The Living And The Dead All the scriptures are going to back that even the old tes, Knew the coming Of Our Lord And Saviour :)

facelessman
02-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Acts 10:42 "and he commanded s to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the judge of quick and dead"

rabidgopher04
02-24-2005, 01:16 AM
God isn't going to judge us. Jesus will be the judge!
Jesus is God.

Higher_Desire
02-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Jesus is God.
No he's not. Jesus is God's son. If Jesus was God, why would he be baptized, and send his own voice from heaven saying "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased." (Matt 3:17) Or "For God so loved the world that he have his only begotten son..." (John 3:16) Or "No man cometh unto the father but by me" (John 14:6) And why would Jesus (during his ministry on earth) preach about God (as his father) and taught of him.

Jesus is not God. God is God. Jesus is Jesus.

Ann Allusion
02-27-2005, 02:52 PM

Jesus, who being God in nature was divine and equal in all respects to God...could not call God His Father as we do, being adopted children. God was his Father in a different sense than ours, in that they were united together from eternity.

the above quote came from :

http://www.letusreason.org/Trin6.htm

has some interesting thoughts on the idea that you have presented, Higher Desire.

rabidgopher04
03-01-2005, 12:02 AM
No he's not. Jesus is God's son. If Jesus was God, why would he be baptized, and send his own voice from heaven saying "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased." (Matt 3:17) Or "For God so loved the world that he have his only begotten son..." (John 3:16) Or "No man cometh unto the father but by me" (John 14:6) And why would Jesus (during his ministry on earth) preach about God (as his father) and taught of him.

God is one, but exists in 3 persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the Son. Jesus is 100% divine and 100% human. God became human to atone for our sins. It was the only sacrifice great enough to atone for our sin.

Jesus' baptism wasn't a cleansing of sin (since he was completely sinless) but more of a commissioning of the work he was about to undertake.

Why we would put so much faith in just a simple person to save us if he wasn't God himself? In other words...why trust in Jesus if he was only human?

aussiecreeder
03-01-2005, 07:01 AM
Jesus claimed to be divine and was killed for blashphemy or that was at least the charge presented to Pilate from the Jewish religious leaders. The bible makes it clear that Christ is God in the flesh.

creedsister
03-01-2005, 09:35 AM
AMEN~~ JESUS CHRIST IS LORD And Amen :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

Sincirr
03-04-2005, 11:57 PM
Jesus is God.
yup. This will answer that and the judgement issue:

Philippians 2:5-11
5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death–
even death on a cross! 9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

So yes, it has been given to Jesus the role to judge. But that will happen later.

Sincirr
03-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Name above every other name

creedsister
03-05-2005, 10:44 AM
:)

Higher_Desire
03-05-2005, 06:19 PM
the above quote came from :

http://www.letusreason.org/Trin6.htm

has some interesting thoughts on the idea that you have presented, Higher Desire.
Personally, I find that site to be full of crap. It has no affiliation to any religious sect, while claiming different religions as falseness. No offence.

God is one, but exists in 3 persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the Son. Jesus is 100% divine and 100% human. God became human to atone for our sins. It was the only sacrifice great enough to atone for our sin.

Jesus' baptism wasn't a cleansing of sin (since he was completely sinless) but more of a commissioning of the work he was about to undertake.

Why we would put so much faith in just a simple person to save us if he wasn't God himself? In other words...why trust in Jesus if he was only human?
If you keep with that theory, couldn't it be said that there are billions in God because he exists in all of us?

If God is not human, how could he become human? If he came to earth as Jesus, it makes it seem two ways to me. Either there was no God in heaven when Jesus was on earth, or God is somewhat schizophrenic, he being God and Jesus.

I believe one should trust Jesus because if he was the only human, as you stated, because he knows what its like to live on earth and be tempted. That's why God gave judgement rights to Jesus. God is the overseer. Why is Jesus called the Son of God if he is God? Is it the same as you being the son of yourself? I don't mean that to sound anal. I'm trying to understand how you think of this topic.

Higher_Desire
03-05-2005, 06:29 PM
yup. This will answer that and the judgement issue:

Philippians 2:5-11
5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death–
even death on a cross! 9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

So yes, it has been given to Jesus the role to judge. But that will happen later.
Let me pull a couple of things out of there (Just on a note, i'm using the KJV)

v6 -- "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robberty to be equal to God."
My understanding -- It is also not robbery for us to be like God. The bible even tells us to "be Christ-like."

v7 -- "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men."
My Understanding -- If Jesus was "the only begotten of the Father" he was alive (as a spirit) before being born of Mary. He would have to become human to live on earth, therefore, had to be born and couldn't just come.

v8 -- "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
MU -- If he lived as a spirit before being born, he had to become human (as stated above), but had to live his life as a mortal.

v9 -- "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name above every other name."
MU -- Did he exhault himself? Why would he need to do that if he already was exalted has God?

v10 -- "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under earth."
MU -- Follow his example.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how God can be Jesus.

aussiecreeder
03-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Personally, I find that site to be full of crap. It has no affiliation to any religious sect, while claiming different religions as falseness. No offence.

If you keep with that theory, couldn't it be said that there are billions in God because he exists in all of us?

If God is not human, how could he become human? If he came to earth as Jesus, it makes it seem two ways to me. Either there was no God in heaven when Jesus was on earth, or God is somewhat schizophrenic, he being God and Jesus.

I believe one should trust Jesus because if he was the only human, as you stated, because he knows what its like to live on earth and be tempted. That's why God gave judgement rights to Jesus. God is the overseer. Why is Jesus called the Son of God if he is God? Is it the same as you being the son of yourself? I don't mean that to sound anal. I'm trying to understand how you think of this topic.

its not having some sort of mental disorder, it is the mystery of the trinity that is clear in the scriptures. three different persons in the one entity or God. Jesus took on human flesh (and now is a glorified man forever) for one purpose which was accomplished.

creedsister
03-06-2005, 10:55 AM
:) :jam: :jam: