Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed Mentioned on Degrassi [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed Mentioned on Degrassi

Steve
02-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Anyone ever hear of the tv show Degrassi? It was around in the 1980's and has since been started up again in Canada. It shows on The-N cable network. Anyways, so I'm watching one of the newer episodes called "West End Girls" and the story is Kevin Smith, the movie guy (Silent Bob... Clerks, Mallrats, etc.) comes to Degrassi to shoot a new Jay and Silent Bob movie. He has one of the highschool kids write music for his movie. The kid gives the music to the sound guy and he rips it apart, saying it sucks. At the end of the episode, the kid has a talk with Kevin Smith, telling him what happened. Smith responds by saying the following:

"That dude has no credibility whatsoever. The day Creed broke up, I found him in a bathroom stall crying - CRYING!"

lol ;) Creed just never gets a break in the media from scrutiny!

Agent D
02-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Haha man...As soon as you mentioned Kevin Smith, I knew it wasn't going to be a good reference. :rolleyes:

titan9
02-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Lol, that's pretty funny! I Love the 90s Part Deux was supposedly going to talk about Creed and Higher on the '99 episode, but everytime I've caught pieces of that particular episode, I've seen no mention of Creed. I'm beginning to wonder if they lied. I was curious to see if they'd discuss Higher in a negative or positive light.

Chase
02-11-2005, 03:13 PM
hahahahahahaha ZING!

Agent D
02-11-2005, 05:53 PM
I was curious to see if they'd discuss Higher in a negative or positive light.

Negative, of course. Those no-name comedians never have anything good to say about any topic on those retrospective shows.

titan9
02-11-2005, 09:11 PM
So you saw it? Oh, and we've got another negative comment on Creed on TV. I was watching 8 Simple Rules on ABC tonight(I don't like that show, but it was on in the Living Room, so I watched it) and the episode revolved around one of the two daughters supposedly recking the family mini-van. Neither one would confess to doing it. So their cousin was talking to their mom. He said something to the effect(and I can't remember the exact quote)of "All you need is a 'something', 'something' and a Creed CD" to get them to confess. Then he said "Actually, you only need the Creed CD." Ouch! Even though they've broken up, they still take a hit from the media. Always gotta bash Creed.:rolleyes:

Mulletman
02-11-2005, 10:31 PM
"Oh it so goes there"

Xterminator27
02-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Well have you ever seen the movie "The New Guy"?

That movie referrs creed like 10 times and all in good ways

MrTasty
02-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Kevin Smith makes awful movies. 8 simple rules is hardly classic television.

End of Story.

Dogstar
02-17-2005, 06:58 PM
I loved Clerks! And Steve, that's a funny line :D

Mulletman
02-17-2005, 10:48 PM

I love that movie.

DangerousDan85
02-20-2005, 07:39 PM

yeah, my friend and I cracked up when they mentioned Creed a few times, i have that movie on dvd

Mulletman
02-20-2005, 07:51 PM
"Well we wanna arrive at the bahamas, but we also want to depart..."

uncertaindrumer
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry, I love Creed haters, as long as they are creative. I am certainly no hater, but people who hate Creed are either:

1) completely obnoxious condescending and just plain stupid (in which case I think they should shut up)
2) hilarious, in which case I usually am easy prey for Creed jokes.

Anyway, funny stuff.