Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
best songs their b-sides? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : best songs their b-sides?

aussiecreeder
01-29-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm of the opinion that much of Creed's best material was left off their studio albums. For instance I think its criminal that both To Whom it May Concern and Is This The End were not included on Human Clay. Thoughts?

Bridge of Clay
01-29-2005, 10:15 PM
I think we never got to hear (or will ever) the best Creed songs.. they're probably all b-sides that W-up will keep locked forever. :(

DekWannaBFlea
01-29-2005, 10:20 PM
To Whom it may concern was a badass song. But didn't really need to be on Human Clay.

aussiecreeder
01-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I think we never got to hear (or will ever) the best Creed songs.. they're probably all b-sides that W-up will keep locked forever. :(

Yeah there is probably heaps of good stuff that didn't fit the desired "formula" that we will never get to hear. I just hope all or at least most of this stuff is released some day. Lyrically I think ITTE is right up there with Scott's best work and TWIMC is just brillant.

revisfoot
01-29-2005, 11:42 PM
We are supposed to get a B-Sides album sometime, however...

titan9
01-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Yup, Mark said so. I'm hopeful that down the line(as he said) we'll get a CD full of unreleased stuff. THAT should be awesome.

aussiecreeder
01-29-2005, 11:58 PM
I just hope it doesn't go the way of the DVD.........

RMadd
01-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Is This The End is f***ing brilliant! It's my favorite song, along w/ WTLF & Higher. I'll be quite T.O.'d if we never get to hear the full complement of B-sides.

Torn Daredevil
01-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Is This The End is f***ing brilliant! It's my favorite song, along w/ WTLF & Higher. I'll be quite T.O.'d if we never get to hear the full complement of B-sides.Yeah, Is This The End might be my favorite Creed song.

jammy123
01-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Is this the end is totally awsome!

The Lithium
01-30-2005, 04:27 AM
If they still have the best songs they will release them.

rabidgopher04
01-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Yup, Mark said so. I'm hopeful that down the line(as he said) we'll get a CD full of unreleased stuff. THAT should be awesome.
Mark also said that he plans on never doing anything with Creed ever again so... :dunno:

Agent D
01-30-2005, 07:05 PM
I hope that there's some stuff on this b-side album that we've never heard before. Otherwise, it'll be about as useful as the Greatest Hits cd for those of us who've scoured the web and bought imported singles just to get songs like Is This The End and To Whom It May Concern.

aussiecreeder
01-31-2005, 01:46 AM
I wish Creed explored the sound of songs like Is This The End more than they did. Sure the songs with the "anthemic choruses" are cool but I like the dark and reflective tone of this song and lyrically its very good.

RMadd
01-31-2005, 02:03 AM
yeah... I think the main reason they might not have was b/c it wasn't a good radio song, for its length. usually, five minutes is alot for stations playing modern rock and/or top 40 type stuff (esp for the latter). 6 is just wayyyyyyyy too much lol. or maybe i'm just wrong. but i like it alot.

RMadd
01-31-2005, 02:07 AM
maybe I should just move to Japan or Australia or something. Because, I bought a second copy of Human Clay after my first copy (which didn't have the Strings Version of WAWO on it after Inside Us All) began to skip & crap out on me. So I went to Best Buy and lo and behold, they had the Japanese Import w/ 6 bonus tracks. Disc 1 had the 11 songs from the album (no WAWO-strings version) and Young Grow Old (another awesome song). Disc 2 has To Whom It May Concern, Roadhouse Blues [w/ Robbie Krieger, Live @ '99 Woodstock], Studio Acoustic Versions of WAWO & WTLF, followed by ITTE. So, w/ 17 tracks total, I'd say that's prolly my favorite album. And if I move to Japan, then I don't think I'd have to worry about paying the stinkin' import prices that make import CD's here a few $$$ more expensive.

aussiecreeder
01-31-2005, 02:08 AM
I say stuff the radio, its a great song and they should have found a place on HC for it.

RMadd
01-31-2005, 02:15 AM
I say stuff the radio, its a great song and they should have found a place on HC for it.
yeah, I would too, but Wind-Up's got bills to pay, etc.
Along the lines of your comment, I've found my thinking recently to be somewhat contradictory (esp w/ regard to AB). Alot of the time, I'm all for saying 'fuck radio, all they play is crap nowadays, they're ruining music', etc. Or I'll think 'oh, album sales really don't matter that much in determining if the music's good or not'. you know, stuff like that. but then i'll get a little mad or whatever when i see songs like OYE and FTR aren't being received as well as I would have liked them to have been on the radio, and ODR hasn't sold as many copies as I would like to be sold. is that contradictory, or is that me wanting more people to know the awesomeness that is Alter Bridge?

StappsSaviour
02-06-2005, 11:20 PM
its u wantin ppl 2 kno how awesome AB is!!!! and i do 2! but sinc i live in a secluded country (New Zealand) its so hard for new bands to get the publicity, i mean even Creeds Greatest hits isnt doin all that great... although it did get 2 number 2 on the top albums chart...but AB's ODR didnt get anywhere! and the only advertising of that was on the radio! and i must say that our radio stations here dont suck at all! They r pretty good! we have one that plays just rock and at least once aday Creed is played and its like YAYE! so yea....