Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
what do you guys think? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think?

tru2mine
01-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Does hearing all the interviews alterbridge is doing about the break up of creed, and stapp being so hard to deal with change anyones feelings of creed. Im mean if stapp is really as bad as they say he was does that make things different as far as the feeling creed gives you.

titan9
01-21-2005, 09:33 AM
It upsets me, that's for sure. I just don't believe that Stapp was that hard to deal with.....

Mr.CreedFreakTN
01-21-2005, 09:36 AM
No, Creeds music touched me and made do things like travel all over the country to see them. I feel blessed to see them as much as I did , and to have seen the final Creed concert. They saved the best for last. On another note, those of you that know me know that I went through a very bad year last year. I had to deal with something very personal that at times I thought I wanted to die. I was given different drugs for my moods. I completely know how Scott felt. After a few months of being on those drugs , I just didn't care about anything or anyone, including myself. I didn't care about my job, my family , or my life. Thankfully I realized that these drugs were changing the person that I use to be. These drugs were prescribed to me for depression, I took Lexapro, and Zoloft. I know that these drugs can change a person.
I believe everything that Alter Bridge are saying about Scott are true, Scott even said so himself. However, I also believe that they should bury the hatchet and communicate again , not as a band but as the friends that they all use to be. Hopefully they'll see that he is the same person that he was in the beginning before their rise to fame. I quit taking the drugs and dealt with the problems myself. I am happier than I use to be and look forward to each and everyday, and thank God for pulling me through.

titan9
01-21-2005, 09:56 AM
However, I also believe that they should bury the hatchet and communicate again , not as a band but as the friends that they all use to be. Hopefully they'll see that he is the same person that he was in the beginning before their rise to fame.

I agree, I'd like to see them just stop all this bashing and try to mend their friendship.

TeriB19
01-21-2005, 10:00 AM
It doesn't change the way I feel about Creed's music one bit.

Agent D
01-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Let me speak from personal experience and say that when you have to deal with someone for three years or so that is a complete prick, you generally have no desire to speak to that person after finally ridding yourself of them.

Now I'm not saying I know for sure that's how AB feels toward Stapp. But this is still new, the whole breakup thing. It obviously wasn't a clean break. You can't expect them to act like good buddies, as if they just wanted to do different things. That's obviously not the case.

But in answer to the question, no, all this stuff hasn't changed the way I view Creed's work. It's still top-notch.

tru2mine
01-21-2005, 02:01 PM
It didnt change the way i feel about there work either. i listen to creed now more than ever and it still drags me through all the emotions it did when i first heard it. I dont think the break up was completely about stapp and his attitude, im be going out on a limb here but i think mark wanted more recognition than he was getting. I think there may have been a huge clash of egos throughout creeds career. I like alterbridge i like the guitar in it, i think mark is an excellent guitarist but it has no where near the effect on that creed did. Sorry i know im jumpin around but i read everyones posts all over this board and i never really say anything, i just maybe it was time to jump in.

titan9
01-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Let me clarify what I've said. What has been said in recent interviews hasn't changed my opinion of Creed's music. I still listen to Creed as much as I did before.

Steve
01-21-2005, 02:55 PM
There's a difference between liking the music and liking the individual musicians. Nothing will change the way I feel about the music. I've always liked Creed's music and nothing will change that - no matter what the members do or what people say about them or about me. I've taken lots of "heat" for being a Creed fan from friends and others. But who cares... I like it so that's what counts :D

TeriB19
01-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Worship the music, not the musician. Who said that? Somebody said that. *scratches head

Jughead?
Janice?
Jangey?
:D

Higher_Desire
01-21-2005, 02:58 PM
What they've said really hasn't changed me, because I didn't start to listen to them because they spoke highly of each other. However, what they've said has changed my opinion that Stapp probably isn't an easy person to work with. From what they say about his attitude, Brian originally leaving, then his not working with Tea Party anymore, changing album producers, pushing the album date back, and a few other things. They just seem to be on a different mental level.

H-D :pimp:

RMadd
01-21-2005, 05:44 PM
I still like Creed, still listen to 'em. The interviews have changed my opinion of Scott only, not of the whole band, and not of Flip or Mark (or Brian, for that matter).

The Lithium
01-30-2005, 04:28 AM
Does hearing all the interviews alterbridge is doing about the break up of creed, and stapp being so hard to deal with change anyones feelings of creed. Im mean if stapp is really as bad as they say he was does that make things different as far as the feeling creed gives you.
Of course it makes a difference to them. He was an asshole who was hard to deal with. They knew him, we didn't.

renbergs
01-30-2005, 07:23 AM
Worship the music, not the musician. Who said that?

Whoever said that was a very wise person!

Personally I don't give a shit about Stapp or Tremonti as private persons! I don't know them and never will get to know them, so it will always be impossible for me to have any kind of opinion about who's the ass and who's not!

Their music rules and that's what matters to me!

scrit
01-30-2005, 08:26 AM
It doesn't make that big a difference to me. The music is still as good as ever. I was dissapointed when they broke up, but then we got Alterbridge so now I'm fine.

Back to the actual topic. I really don't much how they are as people as long as the music is good.

HigherGirl
01-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Everyone is always going to have an opinion. I don't think we should judge any of the members of Alter Bridge or Stapp. The bottom line is they put out kick ass music for everyone to enjoy, and thats why were all here!! For our love of Creed/AB!! :clap:

Ana4Stapp
01-30-2005, 11:04 PM
In my opinion , we can't judge Scott Stapp, Tremonti or Flip.now. Who's right ? Who 's wrong? There are not right or wrong. They are not in a court. No verdict. No guilty. Creed disbanded. and this is the point. It's over.
Some people are trying to find one of the guys to put the blame on it. But who?
Maybe Stapp, maybe Alter Bridge ...
Media creates this and some people believe on it. But now it's very easy to say that Scott was a hard person. How important is this? It will change anything? His songs sounds bad now? His interpretations seems poor? What about his past on Creed?
The point is: Creed was great!! Mark, Flip and Stapp are also great musicians and did great songs that always will be in the heart and in the memory of fans all around the world.
Go on Stapp! Go on AB!

Dogstar
01-31-2005, 02:36 AM
Worship the music, not the musician. Who said that? Somebody said that. *scratches head

Jughead?
Janice?
Jangey?
:D
LMAO! Seriously, though, wise words indeed. The music will always be the music. Imperfect people make music. I don't see why what is said about someone should change anyone's mind regarding the music.

Chase
01-31-2005, 04:31 PM
I think this whole breakup has changed Scott and made him realize the mistakes he has made. I just wish they would've been able to work out whatever differences they had towards the end resulting in Alter Bridge as being a side project.

titan9
01-31-2005, 08:10 PM
I think it has changed him as well. Or at least, if all this stuff(him being hard to work with etc.) is true, I hope it's changed him. I wish they could have worked things out(even if it only meant that they'd remain friends while persuing other projects) but they didn't and I, as a fan, have accepted that. Time heals wounds, so maybe someday they can all be friends again(not holding my breath for a reunion ever) but who knows.

uncertaindrumer
02-03-2005, 10:57 AM
I never could stand Scott Stapp and as far as I'm concerned the recent interviews have only confirmed what I already guessed. Stapp is an idiot. But big deal? LOTS of rockstars are idiots. I'd take Stapp over anyone from slipknot anyday, as an example.

Although I still can't bring myself to say "I like Creed". I have to say something along the lines of "I like their guitarist and drummer". lol