Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed Greatest Hits - Certified Platinum!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed Greatest Hits - Certified Platinum!!!

Bridge of Clay
01-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Check out the Billboard Chart...
http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/bb200.jsp

See the little pyramid shape beside Creed, Greatest Hits

See what it means RIAA certification for shipment of 1 million units (Platinum).

This Week #35
Last Week #32
In ONLY 7 Weeks on the chart

(thanks to PBF!)

The Lithium
01-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Hahaha, a collection of old Creed songs sells way better and an album of new Alter Bridge songs. :D

Ann Allusion
01-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Hahaha, a collection of old Creed songs sells way better and an album of new Alter Bridge songs. :D

Was there ever a doubt that it wouldn't sell better?...not on my end... ;)

The Lithium
01-14-2005, 10:46 AM
No, everyone knew it would sell better, it's just a little ironic...

Higher_Desire
01-14-2005, 11:40 AM
:bounce: :dancing: That's super awesome!!!!!! Wasn't it certified gold just two weeks ago? It's so cool that it doubled that. I'm guessing a lot of people got it for Christmas, Chanukkah, or Kwaanza.

H-D :pimp:

Agent D
01-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I didn't doubt that it would it sell well. It's a nicely done disc, especially the DVD.

titan9
01-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Wow, that's awesome! So it's sold more copies in 2 months(not even that) than Alter Bridge's CD has sold in 5 months? I don't know what to say about that. I guess it means that Creed is still loved by alot of people. Hopefully AB's next CD sells even better. I have a feeling it will.

Higher_Desire
01-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Just think of how well it would have sold if AB would have stood behind it...

titan9
01-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I think it would have sold a bit better.

bobben
01-14-2005, 06:09 PM
"Will Mark open his eyes
and realise that he and Stapp are one___!?"

Get the hell back Mark! This just show how it's all supposed to be! This is the 178483652 example that Creed are still on of the biggest rockband in USA! Mark have a millon more ways to go with Creed (without fu**ing it all up) than he ever will have with AB!!!

Agent D
01-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Says you

titan9
01-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey, I'd love to see a Creed reunion(as long as the members themselves want to reunite) but I realize that it most likely won't happen. I'm content with(hopefully) getting twice the amount of good music. Alter Bridge has already delivered and I believe Stapp will with his solo album(s). Creed was/are a special band......but I like how things are right now, just so long as Stapp releases his solo album.

Higher_Desire
01-14-2005, 06:25 PM
"Will Mark open his eyes
and realise that he and Stapp are one___!?"

Get the hell back Mark! This just show how it's all supposed to be! This is the 178483652 example that Creed are still on of the biggest rockband in USA! Mark have a millon more ways to go with Creed (without fu**ing it all up) than he ever will have with AB!!!
LOL. That's a really specific count of examples. :D

jammy123
01-15-2005, 06:03 AM
i knew it.....many more certfications to come for thisgr8 album.

bobben
01-15-2005, 05:33 PM
That's right! Do anyone dear to guess how many albums Creed will sell of the Greatest Hits album?? I think they will sell 3 mill.... (if Wind Up would advertise a little more)

jammy123
01-16-2005, 05:08 AM
i think that it'll sell lot more than 3 million.... coz they deserve it....

titan9
01-16-2005, 03:36 PM
If it had some unreleased stuff, I'd say it'd sell 3-5 million, easy. But since it doesn't.....I don't think it'll sell that much. Of course, I was surprised to see it sell a million in just two months, so I guess anything can(and will) happen.

RMadd
01-19-2005, 11:08 PM
they don't deserve 3 million, for the precise reason mentioned about: 3/4 of the band wasn't involved. plus, the dvd portion sucks (considering i've already seen all the vids) compared to what i could've been. and they edited what's this life for, thereby stripping the song of a great deal of its emotion and passion. and wawo is the original album version from HC, not the strings version (which is better, in part b/c the guitar feature is twice as long). and because there's nothing new on it. nothing. i bought it b/c i'm a pack rat of sorts, not b/c i actually intend to listen to it instead of HC, MOP, or Weathered. give me unreleased material and awesome live videos that sound great, and i'll be all over that shit like a fat kid on a rolo.

titan9
01-20-2005, 10:07 AM
I agree, it doesn't deserve 3 million on the basis that it includes no unreleased material and its stuff we've all heard/saw. And, of course, 3/4 of the band didn't support the release. It wouldn't shock me if Stapp isn't all that thrilled about it, either. Might just be supporting it to please Wind Up.....

Wind Up really should have waited until the entire band felt comfortable with a release and also should have thrown some unreleased material on there, interviews with the members, concert footage etc. I believe Mark said somewhere that maybe 3-10 years down the line, they'd release an unreleased material album. That's going to be an album worth getting, if it ever comes out.