Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed in Guinness World of Records! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed in Guinness World of Records!

bobben
01-12-2005, 02:43 PM
I got the 2005 Guinness World of Records for christmas and the first thing I looked for was of course; Creed....and I found them! The have the record for having the slowest progress with a singel on the charts ever. Higher was on the Billboard Hot 100 for 36 weeks before it reached the top in july 2000!

Pretty cool or what?! :cool: ....... :D

The Lithium
01-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah, that single must have sold pretty many copies!

titan9
01-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Wow, I didn't know it took that long to reach number 1! I thought they reached it in '99....

AndrewFromABRox
01-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Lol i guess thats a good record to have!

The Lithium
01-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Just think about how good the son must have been if it reaches the top after 36 WEEKS!! :D

HigherGirl
01-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Sweeeeeeet.... :)

Higher_Desire
01-12-2005, 06:38 PM
That's kind of a dumb record. I'm not sure if I should be proud of it or not. It's lame it took so long. I guess the big thing though is that it made it.

H-D :pimp:

Agent D
01-13-2005, 12:03 AM
It doesn't help with the way they worded it. They say it took the slowest time to get to number one, but one could say that it spent the most time on the charts than any other song.

Xterminator27
01-13-2005, 12:37 AM
Thats because its how creed songs work

there not damn repetitive so it takes a while to you to get the entire beat and nature of the song, but because its not repetive you can listen to the same song ALOT more times before getting sick of it. it just takes longer to like it, (which is why dumb people hear a creed song once and say, "OMG IT SUXX"" yes when i first heard Weathered i hated all the songs besides freedomfigher and my sacrifice, then after listening to them for a few times i loved them for years and years on end THE END

The Lithium
01-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Well said Master!

dragonwolf
01-20-2005, 02:12 PM
cool, thats awesome!

StappsSaviour
02-06-2005, 11:25 PM
yeah its dus seem prety stupid! esp if it was written like that in there but yea... i love Creed and always will! whos with me on that!!!!!!??????

uncertaindrumer
02-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Thats because its how creed songs work

there not damn repetitive so it takes a while to you to get the entire beat and nature of the song, but because its not repetive you can listen to the same song ALOT more times before getting sick of it. it just takes longer to like it, (which is why dumb people hear a creed song once and say, "OMG IT SUXX"" yes when i first heard Weathered i hated all the songs besides freedomfigher and my sacrifice, then after listening to them for a few times i loved them for years and years on end THE END

Creed songs are pretty repetative. Actually, I always think of Creed songs as easy to get sick of because they are so LONG. Don't get me wrong, not necessarily bad (for instance, "Hey Jude" is a great song but I'm sick of it before I've even listened to it ONCE), but they are repetative.

Anyway that is a funny record. Slowest to get to number 1.... lol

titan9
02-10-2005, 11:54 AM
I don't think Creed songs are at all repetitive. I can hear all the Creed songs, and within 5 seconds of hearing a song, I can tell you which one it is. The songs don't all sound the same, at least not in my opinion. But I did get sick of my brother(non-Creed fan) hearing a Creed song and saying "all their songs sound the same." Then I had to explain to him that they don't and, in effect, defend Creed. Of course, I grew accustomed to having to defend Creed because, hey, it was and probably still is popular to bash Creed, or at least it's that way for the media.

The other day I went with my Bro(the non-Creed fan mentioned above) to Best Buy. We looked at CDs and One Day Remains was on the best sellers rack, a few CDs down from the Creed Greatest Hits. I pointed ODR out to my Bro and said "You should get this album" He picked it up(which was surprising, because I didn't expect him to even touch it) and looked at the tracklisting. Then he said something to the effect of "WRIF plays Open Your Eyes alot, and I don't like that song." So then I said "Trust me, the other songs sound NOTHING like that one. That's definitely not the best song on the CD. Plus, there's a ton of awesome guitar solos on there." Sadly, that wasn't enough to convince him, and he put it back down. I forgot to say that, since he is an Audioslave fan, he'd probably like the vocalist(Myles) in Alter Bridge. I'm not sure if that would have convinced him, but it might have helped. Ah well, least I tried. Hopefully he'll smarten up and buy it.

uncertaindrumer
02-10-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't think Creed songs are at all repetitive. I can hear all the Creed songs, and within 5 seconds of hearing a song, I can tell you which one it is. The songs don't all sound the same, at least not in my opinion. But I did get sick of my brother(non-Creed fan) hearing a Creed song and saying "all their songs sound the same." Then I had to explain to him that they don't and, in effect, defend Creed. Of course, I grew accustomed to having to defend Creed because, hey, it was and probably still is popular to bash Creed, or at least it's that way for the media.

The other day I went with my Bro(the non-Creed fan mentioned above) to Best Buy. We looked at CDs and One Day Remains was on the best sellers rack, a few CDs down from the Creed Greatest Hits. I pointed ODR out to my Bro and said "You should get this album" He picked it up(which was surprising, because I didn't expect him to even touch it) and looked at the tracklisting. Then he said something to the effect of "WRIF plays Open Your Eyes alot, and I don't like that song." So then I said "Trust me, the other songs sound NOTHING like that one. That's definitely not the best song on the CD. Plus, there's a ton of awesome guitar solos on there." Sadly, that wasn't enough to convince him, and he put it back down. I forgot to say that, since he is an Audioslave fan, he'd probably like the vocalist(Myles) in Alter Bridge. I'm not sure if that would have convinced him, but it might have helped. Ah well, least I tried. Hopefully he'll smarten up and buy it.

Wow. Your brother sounds like exactly the kind of person that the Broken Wigns release will alienate even further... GRRR

Anyway, Their songs don't all sound the same. MOP has very unique songs. Great album. Human clay DOES sound absurdly alike. And yes, after hearing five seconds I can tell the difference, but that's because I have listened to them all plenty. Weathered has some standout songs (the first three) but as usual the singles all follow the same ridiculously obvious formula. Either way repetative songs that sound the same don't make the songs bad, just makes people sick of them really fast, which is why so many people hate Creed.

titan9
02-10-2005, 09:36 PM
I think it's just cool to hate whatever Rock band breaks-through to Pop radio. Nickelback, Staind, Evanescence, Creed, Hoobastank, the list goes on. All of them are hated, and were really only hated after they had their breakthrough hits. Staind was loved at one point, or at least liked. MOP was loved by alot of Rock fans. But when those bands had their big hits, the people slowly turned against them. It sucks, but it happened. I don't let "what's cool" influence me and because of that, I remained a fan anyway, despite the bashing. But, unfortunately, alot of people let that influence them and I believe that's why the majority of people who hate/hated Creed were/are so against them.

And the singles that were big hits(Higher, WAWO, My Sacrifice, OLB) didn't sound alike, at least in my opinion. All had a different sound, different lyrics. Unfortunately, people were quick to dismiss those songs when they found out it was Creed. Didn't even give'em a real chance.

I agree with you, MOP was the best album. I can hear the title track a million times and never get sick of it. Same with One.

Agent D
02-11-2005, 05:56 PM
I agree with you, Titan, totally except for saying that Evanescence, Hoobastank, and Nickelback are beyond pop because...well, they're not imo. Maybe, I'll give Nickelback some credit, maybe. But not Evanescence. They're the kinda band that is the reason rock is dying. And I dunno, who'd be crazy enough to consider Staind part of the pop genre. Even their radio-friendly singles are fairly heavy.

titan9
02-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I wasn't saying that Staind was apart of the Pop genre. They're Rock, for the most part. I was simply stating that any band(that previously received good airplay on Rock stations) that broke through to Pop radio became hated. It suddenly becomes popular to hate that band. Which is stupid.

uncertaindrumer
02-11-2005, 09:26 PM
I think it's just cool to hate whatever Rock band breaks-through to Pop radio. Nickelback, Staind, Evanescence, Creed, Hoobastank, the list goes on. All of them are hated, and were really only hated after they had their breakthrough hits. Staind was loved at one point, or at least liked. MOP was loved by alot of Rock fans. But when those bands had their big hits, the people slowly turned against them. It sucks, but it happened. I don't let "what's cool" influence me and because of that, I remained a fan anyway, despite the bashing. But, unfortunately, alot of people let that influence them and I believe that's why the majority of people who hate/hated Creed were/are so against them.

And the singles that were big hits(Higher, WAWO, My Sacrifice, OLB) didn't sound alike, at least in my opinion. All had a different sound, different lyrics. Unfortunately, people were quick to dismiss those songs when they found out it was Creed. Didn't even give'em a real chance.

I agree with you, MOP was the best album. I can hear the title track a million times and never get sick of it. Same with One.

I hate to disagree with you AGAIN, because we actually agree on more thigns than it seems, but people don't fall away from their favorite bands because they hit it big. They generally fall away because bands in essence "sell out" (a WAY overused term but it applies here) by catering their songs just to BE radio hits. Creed did that, and denying it is downright stupid (not saying you did, just saying). If you still enjoy the music and don't care about their attitude, good for you. However, I personally get sick of hearing single after single just catered to be a radio hit.

Creed is even more obvious when you take into account that Bullets, their only major single that DIDN'T do absurdly well, was also the only one without a pensive verse/exploding epic radio friendly chorus thing going on.

If you talk to KNOWLEDGABLE people who don't like Creed (I will agree that there ARE those who hated Creed just because they percieved it to be cool, although not the majority), they will usually admit that My own Prison is at least a decent album, and they usually will not bash a few songs from the other albums.

But when it comes to singles, they hate them. I don't particulalry HATE their singles, but I hate what they stand for. Bands are all to willing to trade credibility for the $$$ these days. While I don't think that was Creed's original intent (and it was never Philip's or Mark's intent, as AB has pretty clearly shown), they did get caught up in that system and lost their earlier charm.

And their singles do sound amazingly alike. There isn't really any denying that either. They all follow the exact same plan, they all have extremely... provocative lyrics (you either love em or hate em and most people hated em), they all have a "name that chord progression" sense to them.

Dang, people must be really getting the impression I hate Creed, but I REALLY DON'T. Almost ALWAYS I am the one defending them... geez, weird world.

Anyway, I'm not bashing Creed I am just stating what I think most people feel. And you think Hoobastank Evenascense and nickleback are god examples to put them in? Not in my book. Hoobastank wrote an album full of heavy alternative rock, then wrote ANOTHER album full of the exact same stuff except for ONE SONG, just to make it big. They gained a bunch of thirteen year old girls as fans but lost most of their original fans, myself included. And Nickelback sounds almost EXACTLY the same from song to song. They really do. Evanescense (sp?)... is one of those band that I just can't stand, for all reasons stated above.

Frankly, I would lump Creed into a category with every other major sellout band, with one difference--once you take away their singles, i LOVE a lot of their songs. I think MOP, Bullets, Freedom Fighter, Who's got my back are all very VERY good. Indeed, the fact that they were so talented makes it even more dissapointing that they had to release WAWO, Higher (which was actually their least "sellout" single, but I got so overdosed on it back when it came out that I can barely listen to it anymore), one last breath, my sacrifice, etc. They are (were) capable of so much more than that, which they showed, in songs like pity for a dime and bullets. Makes it that much more gauling that they were pressured into traveling down the $$$ route.

Unliek a lot of other hated mainstream bands, behind their singles they had lots of songs that were plenty good. Unfortunately the masses don't hear those songs.

But anyway, I am becoming very unpopular on this board, I am sure. I really am not trying to beat up on Creed, I just think that people who claim that all their songs sound different and that they had plenty of credibility are just as wrong as those who say they were talentless terrible and useless. Either side is an extreme, I think there is a happy medium.

As a sidenote, I don't think it was all Creed's fault that WAWO etc. destroyed what they could have become. I think wind-up is most at fault, if anything.

And as another knock against your theory that people just start hating bands nce they get big, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, U2, etc. all kept their credibility because they didn't change who they were to get big. They got big (gigantic in U2's case) on the merits of their music, not on the merits of their songs- specifically-made-to-appeal-to-radio-masses. I don't even LIKE Nirvana, or really even pearl jam, but those bands were different for the reasons stated above.

Anyway, hope this post isn't too provocative. I'm not trying to start arguments, only discussion. If the mods think I'm being out of line, whatever, I'll leave. But I have tried to be as "gentlemanly" as possible in these discussions.

Cheers

titan9
02-11-2005, 09:45 PM
See, I wasn't at all defending Evanescence, Nickelback or Hoobastank. I don't like any of those groups. Not because they became big, but because I've listened to their music(even bought The Reason) and decided I don't like it. I do, however, remember a time that those bands were actually liked.

I still disagree with you on the singles sounding a like. But, hey, it's alright to disagree sometimes. But I do agree, the big singles were not Creed's best songs. The singles released from MOP were all awesome songs, some of their best. The singles(that were hits) that were released from the next two albums weren't the best songs on the albums. But they were pretty good songs, imo.

I do not at all believe that Stapp, Tremonti, Philips and Marshall were only in it for the money. I'd be willing to bet that they didn't have as much say in what songs were released as singles as they should have. But, maybe I'm wrong. I just don't believe they were only in it for the money.

And yeah, you're right, not all Rock/Alternative bands suffer the same fate as the ones I mentioned. But most do, with the exception of those you mentioned. I guess I should have clarified that.

And, believe me, I don't hate you on here. You seem to be a pretty smart music fan, and I appreciate the honesty. I don't agree with all that you've said, but I do agree with some of it.

uncertaindrumer
02-12-2005, 12:03 AM
See, I wasn't at all defending Evanescence, Nickelback or Hoobastank. I don't like any of those groups. Not because they became big, but because I've listened to their music(even bought The Reason) and decided I don't like it. I do, however, remember a time that those bands were actually liked.

I still disagree with you on the singles sounding a like. But, hey, it's alright to disagree sometimes. But I do agree, the big singles were not Creed's best songs. The singles released from MOP were all awesome songs, some of their best. The singles(that were hits) that were released from the next two albums weren't the best songs on the albums. But they were pretty good songs, imo.

I do not at all believe that Stapp, Tremonti, Philips and Marshall were only in it for the money. I'd be willing to bet that they didn't have as much say in what songs were released as singles as they should have. But, maybe I'm wrong. I just don't believe they were only in it for the money.

And yeah, you're right, not all Rock/Alternative bands suffer the same fate as the ones I mentioned. But most do, with the exception of those you mentioned. I guess I should have clarified that.

And, believe me, I don't hate you on here. You seem to be a pretty smart music fan, and I appreciate the honesty. I don't agree with all that you've said, but I do agree with some of it.

I want to clarify something. I definitely don't think they got into the music business for the money. In all cases except for Stapp, that is pretty much proven by AB (if they Tremonti and Co. had wanted money, Creed would have been the way to go, not AB). I don't even think STAPP was in it for the money, and coming from me that measn something.

I think they were pushed, pressured and prodded into putting out WAWO etc. as singles, just as AB was obviously pushed into putting OYE as a single. Creed DID however have a much mroe mainstream sell music mentality. I mean, Human Clay had every single song ready for radio EVERY ONE. That isn't Wind-up's fault (although most stuff is, lol), that is just what they came up with. I am really perplexed by HC because it seems so un-Tremonti like. It has very little musically advanced stuff in it, mostly just catchy melodic hooks and lame solos.

Really, Human Clay is what killed their credibility: they had just come off an album that most agreed was a good starting point, but instead of progressing they went all out in favor of selling singles, or at least, that's the way it came across. Pretty much ,after that album, NOTHING was gonna change their image. That's why first and second impressions are so important, and its also the reason I am so dissapoitned by Broken Wings being released as a single.

And one could debate all day about whether or not their single sound alike, but the truth is, most people think they do. Even my sister, a die-hard Creed worshipper if there ever was one, thinks their singles sound alike. That certainly isn't condemning, but it always hurts.

And just as a note, Evanescence (or however you spell that friggin name!) was pretty much hated from the beginning, because of their sell-singles attitude. It really isn't dependant so much upon getting big as HOW you get big. At least, that's what I have experienced in my interaction with music fans who don't just bow down to the mainstream. Being mainstream, being catchy, being radiofriendly, that's all fine, you just better be that way because you ARE, not because you are trying to get $$$. And while technically it is impossible to judge that a lot of the time, people are rightfully pessimistic about a band who suddenly breaks it big time with a bunch of cruddy singles.