Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Albums of the year in 00's thus far? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Albums of the year in 00's thus far?

aussiecreeder
01-09-2005, 04:58 AM
This decade has being very bad (get it? noughtie? naughty? ah forget it! lol) but there have being some great albums. The following would be my choices.

2000- A Perfect Circle- Mer Der Noms
2001- The Mayfield Four- Second Skin
2002- Interpol- Turn on the Bright Lights
2003- A Perfect Circle- Thirteenth Step
2004- Alter Bridge -One Day Remains

Muad'Dib
01-09-2005, 06:19 AM
2000 - Deftones - White Pony or Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood
2001 - Hilltop Hoods - Left Foot, Right Foot, Travis - The Invisible Band OR Tool - Lateralus
2002 - Lacuna Coil - Comalies
2003 - A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
2004 - Eminem - Encore or Pete Murray - Feeler

Sorry, so many to choose from!

Trimontana
01-09-2005, 12:02 PM
For me is easy to decide because i just have a few favourites bands.....and i dont really go for new stuff..just if i really feel the music or i listen something new that get my attention.

Alter Bridge:One Day Remains
Papa Roach: Getting Away With Murder
Submersed:In Due Time

Wylde-Tremonti
01-09-2005, 02:06 PM
2000- Black Label Society's "Stronger Than Death" /AIC "Live"
2001- BLS "Alcohol Fueled Brewtality Live +5 "
2002- BLS "1919 Eternal"/ 12 Stones "12 Stones"
2003- BLS "The Blessed Hellride"
2004- BLS "Hangover Music Vol. VI" / Alter Bridge " One Day Remains" / 12 Stones "Potter's Field"

aussiecreeder
01-09-2005, 06:00 PM
2004- BLS "Hangover Music Vol. VI" / Alter Bridge " One Day Remains" / 12 Stones "Potter's Field"

so i wonder who your fav band is? ;)

jango
01-09-2005, 07:24 PM
1. Radiohead - Kid A
2. Modest Mouse - Moon & Antarctica
3. Pearl Jam - Binaural

1. White Stripes - White Blood Cells
2. Radiohead - Amnesiac
3. Tool - Lateralus

1. Songs for the Deaf - Queens of the Stone Age
2. Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
3. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

1. Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
2. White Stripes - Elephant
3. The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow

1. Green Day - American Idiot
2. Black Keys - Rubber Factory
3. Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Dogstar
01-09-2005, 09:05 PM
I have to check out the new Greenday. I only have their first two CDs. I just got Rubber Factory and I love it.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-09-2005, 09:06 PM
so i wonder who your fav band is? ;)
Accually Alter Bridge is my fav band... BLS is a close Second tho... notice that they've had an album out every year? Zakk wylde is a hard working Mother Fucker!!

Dogstar
01-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Heh, I forgot to answer the question :D

2000: Pearl Jam -- Binaural, A Perfect Circle -- Mer de Noms
2001: Tool -- Lateralus
2002: Jerry Cantrell -- Degradation Trip Vols. 1&2
2003: Radiohead -- Hail to the Thief, A Perfect Circle -- Thirteenth Step
2004: The Black Keys -- Rubber Factory

aussiecreeder
01-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Accually Alter Bridge is my fav band... BLS is a close Second tho... notice that they've had an album out every year? Zakk wylde is a hard working Mother Fucker!!

zakk is certainly a hard-working guy! :) kerri the most recent green day album is by far their best work IMO. about the shins i have downloaded a few songs and its good indie pop, will have to buy an album.

Said Eyes
01-10-2005, 02:32 AM
Ill give it a go:

2000:
Our Lady Peace - Spiritual Machines
At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms

2001:
Creed - Weathered
B.R.M.C. - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Muse - Origin of Symmetry

2002:
Sigur Rós - ( )
Filter - The Amalgamut
Cooper Temple Clause - See Through this and Leave

2003:
The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
Muse - Absolution
A Perfect Circle - 13th Step

2004:
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Alterbridge - Alterbridge
Sparta - Porcelain

2005:
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

I must be the only person here who liked Weathered!

aussiecreeder
01-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Ill give it a go:

2000:
Our Lady Peace - Spiritual Machines
At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms

2001:
Creed - Weathered
B.R.M.C. - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Muse - Origin of Symmetry

2002:
Sigur Rós - ( )
Filter - The Amalgamut
Cooper Temple Clause - See Through this and Leave

2003:
The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
Muse - Absolution
A Perfect Circle - 13th Step

2004:
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Alterbridge - Alterbridge
Sparta - Porcelain

2005:

I must be the only person here who liked Weathered!

I liked Weathered but I don't think its THE best album of that year. Next year is going to be interesting with so many great artists releasing albums.

Dogstar
01-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Damn, how could I forget the Mars Volta? D'oh! I can't wait to get Frances the Mute. Said Eyes, have you heard it already? I know some songs were leaked at some point.

aussiecreeder
01-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Damn, how could I forget the Mars Volta? D'oh! I can't wait to get Frances the Mute. Said Eyes, have you heard it already? I know some songs were leaked at some point.

I've heard the first single I think its called "The Widow" and its very good.

Trees of Wisdom
01-10-2005, 11:56 PM
I honestly think the only great albums that have been released this decade so far are One Day Remains and Audioslave's self-titled album.

aussiecreeder
01-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Audioslave's next album (talk of it being out in june) will be next better as the band becomes a true group. The first album is good but not good enough for album of the year.

Said Eyes
01-11-2005, 03:13 AM
Me too. Australia gets it a day before the US, but Japan gets it like 3 weeks earlier! Bastards!
I do have it, albeit a shitty quality rip - but it's enough to convince me to buy it the say it comes out. It sounds more like their live shows, in fact, some of the movements are exactly the same music. We were hearing their new cd and we didn't even know it!
Cedric's lyrics are just awesome again. Omar's guitars have just taken another step towards greatness. You'll really love L'via L'Viaquez, the guitars just blew me away.

I liked Weathered but I don't think its THE best album of that year.
I'd say it's up there. Looking at all my CDs I realised 2001 was pretty threadbare when it came to awesome music. I only own 6 CDs from 2001 to be honest!

aussiecreeder
01-11-2005, 04:23 AM
Me too. Australia gets it a day before the US, but Japan gets it like 3 weeks earlier! Bastards!
I do have it, albeit a shitty quality rip - but it's enough to convince me to buy it the say it comes out. It sounds more like their live shows, in fact, some of the movements are exactly the same music. We were hearing their new cd and we didn't even know it!
Cedric's lyrics are just awesome again. Omar's guitars have just taken another step towards greatness. You'll really love L'via L'Viaquez, the guitars just blew me away.

I'd say it's up there. Looking at all my CDs I realised 2001 was pretty threadbare when it came to awesome music. I only own 6 CDs from 2001 to be honest!

3 weeks earlier? is that a smart idea considering the piracy issue?
about '01 that year was preddy bare and weathered was up there. i'm glad i've discovered second skin because i think thats a better album than weathered even though its basically the same genre.

Dogstar
01-12-2005, 01:21 AM

Ohhhhh, verrrry cool!!! I saw them live and they blew me away! One of the best shows ever! This is exciting. I can't wait. Thanks for the info!

Trees of Wisdom
01-13-2005, 01:55 AM
Audioslave's next album (talk of it being out in june) will be next better as the band becomes a true group. The first album is good but not good enough for album of the year.

That's what I heard. I wonder if this would apply with Alter Bridge as well.

The Lithium
01-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I heard about that

aussiecreeder
01-13-2005, 06:17 PM
That's what I heard. I wonder if this would apply with Alter Bridge as well.

I think Alter Bridge although they're not a "supergroup" are in a similar position to bands like Audioslave and Velvet Revolver. The second album is the big test and all 3 bands must deliever with their sophomore album.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-13-2005, 06:24 PM
yeah... and We're About to See w/ AudioSlave... their new one is coming out pretty soon

aussiecreeder
01-13-2005, 06:57 PM
June apparently which I guess is fairly soon. Tom saids it rocks really hard which its going to do with 3/4's of RATM. Cornell needs to take more of a lead over the musical direction rather than just vocal melodies and lyrics. Everything that man touches turns to gold and the more he is involved the better.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-13-2005, 07:49 PM
June apparently which I guess is fairly soon. Tom saids it rocks really hard which its going to do with 3/4's of RATM. Cornell needs to take more of a lead over the musical direction rather than just vocal melodies and lyrics. Everything that man touches turns to gold and the more he is involved the better.
I Disagree... Cornell has a Voice that leans toward soft music... if he got more involved in the music i think the music as a whole would get softer... and that's not something I want...

Dogstar
01-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Cornell's voice isn't where it was a few years back, but I still think he can rock pretty hard. Soundgarden was pretty heavy up through Superunknown.

Trees of Wisdom
01-13-2005, 08:14 PM
With the way Cornell sings in Audioslave, I doubt he could sing and play at the same time.

aussiecreeder
01-13-2005, 10:55 PM
With the way Cornell sings in Audioslave, I doubt he could sing and play at the same time.

I'm not saying he should play and sing at the same time (although he could in the more softer material) but I think he should take a more active role in the actual music that is written. I think his best music is stuff like Temple of the Dog and his solo work although that is obviously much softer than Audioslave. I don't see why Audioslave can't have a bit of both, I don't want the whole album to be heavy. Kerri is right, his voice isn't what it used to be but on a song like "Show Me How to Live" its still a weapon of mass destruction! :)

RMadd
01-22-2005, 08:59 PM
2005:
yeah, what i've heard of that thus far is pretty sweet. only 5 tracks, of which i have 4...

Xterminator27
01-22-2005, 11:29 PM

Lol i saw 12 stones live, they were opening for creed. (Playing while the people were getting their seats)

They looked like a bunch of kids who were trying to play rock, they had their big banner on upside down, and when the singer yelled "OK EVERYONE LETS GET SOME ENERGY!! EVERYONE LETS STAND UP!!!" only like 3 guys stood up, and then they sat right back down.
And after they were done, they got like 20 claps.

I felt bad for them so i gave a woot. :D

Oh course when creed came on the fucking place went insane, I didnt know what was louder, the bigass fire crackers / explosions, the 1 story sized speakers, or the hugass screaming audiance

Oh yhea best albums

- Creed weathered
- Alterbridge One day remains
(Only albums i bought so yhea)

RMadd
01-22-2005, 11:43 PM
I felt bad for them so i gave a woot.
:hammerlol

- Creed weathered
- Alterbridge One day remains
(Only albums i bought so yhea)
that's awesome!