Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I Say Creed Will Regroup in 2006 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I Say Creed Will Regroup in 2006

caseycarson
12-16-2004, 09:48 AM
We all know Tremonti and Co. formed Alter Bridge and they suck BIG TIME. Scott Stapps solo efforts are guaranteed to SUCK as well. It's just a matter of time before all 4 guys realize that they are one of the greatest bands of all time when they are together and that they might as well be serving up french fries at McDonald's when they are not.

titan9
12-16-2004, 10:52 AM
I disagree. I love what AB has put out and I believe Stapp will have a good solo career. Creed was an awesome group, but for now, that's in the past.

BeamMeUpScottie
12-16-2004, 11:35 AM
On my refrigerator in multicolored magnetic letters it reads:
"CREED IN 2006"

titan9
12-16-2004, 12:14 PM
I just don't think it's going to happen.....at least not that soon. It's true, lots of Rock bands have reunited eventually, but when they have it's usually been a decade or more after the break up. Never say never, but I highly doubt it'll happen and if it does, it won't be for a very long time. AB seem pretty happy right now and Stapp does as well.

fluttergirl
12-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Mark, Flip and Brian have stated in every interview where they were asked on this subject that there will be no Creed reunion EVER. It can not be stated any plainer than that. The band is well aware that Stapp has said the door is still open in several interviews and I can understand how this would cause confusion, however, Mark, Flip and Brian's door is completely sealed shut forever.

Michael

This was from the latest issue of Billboard Magazine. Enjoy.

Mark Tremonti, a presenter with his band Alter Bridge, is proud of his Creed past but is ready to leave it in the rear-view mirror. He said he was even opposed to Wind-up's Nov. 23 release of the band's greatest hits.
"To tell you the truth, I didn't want that to come out," Tremonti said. "I did everything I could to say 'I want everybody concentrating on Alter Bridge,' but it went out anyway...Creed, to me, is done. There's nothing else I'm going to work for. I'm not going to spend another minute on Creed. I never will again. Alter Bridge will be everything I work for, and I'm dead set on doing it, even though we've been fighting to get our name out there. I'm never going to stop. Creed is the past."

This has been hashed out and hashed out, and I think the decision has already been made, and made quite obviously by the guys. It aint gonna happen. Get over it, and enjoy the music.

As for we all know that AB and Stapp suck big time?
They dont, and youre in the wrong place to do some bashing.

titan9
12-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Agreed, Fluttergirl. Thanks for putting the quotes in there, too.

tremonti4life04
12-16-2004, 01:12 PM
I think they are both doing their best to get on their feet as separate artists. I know ive been blasting stapp lately, but i think that once he gets his solo album out things will be different, you never know. Relearn love wasnt the greatest song ever written by stapp...by far the greatest, and it was based all about his christianity, so when he starts writing about other things for his new album i believe it will be a lot different. I just hope that he gets rid of that band that was with him at the nascar show and gets a band that knows how to use their instruments...that drummer and both guitarists were so off time, i had trouble following the song the way i know it. And higher was one of my favorite songs.

Trimontana
12-16-2004, 01:19 PM
On my refrigerator in multicolored magnetic letters it reads:
"CREED IN 2006"

I know what you are trying with this comment

titan9
12-16-2004, 02:16 PM
I, too, think things will be different once Stapp's solo album is out. If he wants to make it as a solo artist, he's gonna have to put his everything into the solo album and his solo career. Right now we've only got one song from Stapp(and that wasn't a song for his solo album, he has said he is not looking to become a solo Christian artist) and until he releases the solo stuff, anytime we hear him singing life it'll be either a Creed song or Relearn Love, because at the moment that's all he's got out. We just have to be patient right now and not so judgmental of his solo career because it is just beginning and we haven't heard any of his songs from his solo album. Once we have, then we can be the judge of how his solo career is going. Right now, though, I can't judge the guy musically, aside from what he did in Creed.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
12-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Remember the Eagles comment when hell freezes over? It seems to me that hell did freeze over and their was a Hell Freezes Over Tour. If and when Creed do anything together again , I hope it is for the love of the music, and the fans, not the love of the money. That is Motley Crue are saying anyway, and they do look happy , we'll see.........

Mr.CreedFreakTN
12-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Remember the Eagles comment when hell freezes over? It seems to me that hell did freeze over and their was a Hell Freezes Over Tour. If and when Creed do anything together again , I hope it is for the love of the music, and the fans, not the love of the money. That is what Motley Crue are saying anyway, and they do look happy , we'll see.........

Agent D
12-16-2004, 02:41 PM
We all know Tremonti and Co. formed Alter Bridge and they suck BIG TIME. Scott Stapps solo efforts are guaranteed to SUCK as well. It's just a matter of time before all 4 guys realize that they are one of the greatest bands of all time when they are together and that they might as well be serving up french fries at McDonald's when they are not.

Uh, yeah, go tell that to Mark and see what he says. :rolleyes:

Trimontana
12-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Uh, yeah, go tell that to Mark and see what he says.

:thumbsup:

Tell Mark if you have "Bollocks"

titan9
12-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Lol, like I said, it could happen someday but I just highly doubt it. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see it happen, believe me, I would, but I'm content right now with AB and Stapp's solo career.

Torn Daredevil
12-16-2004, 07:02 PM
We all know Tremonti and Co. formed Alter Bridge and they suck BIG TIME. Scott Stapps solo efforts are guaranteed to SUCK as well. It's just a matter of time before all 4 guys realize that they are one of the greatest bands of all time when they are together and that they might as well be serving up french fries at McDonald's when they are not.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks! You provided my big laugh for the day!!!! Especially that first sentence!!! :D

Dogstar
12-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Troll alert :D

creeddane
12-18-2004, 04:47 PM
yeah sure they are....
with Santa Claus on rhythm guitar....

The Lithium
12-18-2004, 07:02 PM
"Creed to me is done. I'm never spending another minute on Creed, and I never will" --Mark Tremonti

uncertaindrumer
12-23-2004, 07:29 PM
People, when will it get through your head that Creed is over? Stop this denial. Not only is it over, its freaking awesome that it is. Alter Bridge is everything that was good about Creed minus everything that was utter crap. (i.e. Mark, Brian and Scott Philips minus Scott Stapp)

Not only that, but they can't STAND each other. ANYONE can tell that from even ONE of their interviews, much less the tons that they have done.

They won't get back together, because Scott Stapp was is and always will be a loser. Not only that, but Mark has a GREAT BAND right now, one that will only get better.

Creed Reunion in 2006... there's my laugh of the day...

Ann Allusion
12-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Not only that, but they can't STAND each other. ANYONE can tell that from even ONE of their interviews, much less the tons that they have done.

By the use of "THEIR" interviews, you are refering to the ones that Tremonti/AB has given...right?

The interviews, and comments given by stapp, at least in the ones i have read, have remained non judgemental towards his former bandmates...as well as him accepting his part of the blame for not being more open with them (Mark, Flip) with everything going on....as well as saying he was "leaving the door open" for further collaboration should they choose to do so. He has remained "mum" on anything else...not airing dirty laundery...

From the information the public has, it is easy to see where the animosities lie...what is so sad about it...is all of them have so much to offer...and dwelling on negativity this long (well over a year for a lot of the fans, and apparently several years for those more closely related to Creed) serves no positive end.

They won't get back together, because Scott Stapp was is and always will be a loser.

And you know this for a fact?...odds are you are doing nothing more than giving an uninformed opinion based on what you have read, heard through gossip, or chosen to create yourself...so i consider your words somewhat harsh...and suggest that before you judge others, you look in the mirror...

Not only that, but Mark has a GREAT BAND right now, one that will only get better.

I'm happy for you that you think that AB is such a great band and think they will get better...tho i do not agree, i will say, more power to 'em...and still wish them well...

but, don't you and others think you could give stapp the same respect...no one said you have to like him...but it would be nice if people would just allow him to do his "thing" without all the assumptions before having heard what he has to offer...and who knows...Creed just may decide, somewhere down the line, to reform...anything is possible.

uncertaindrumer
12-24-2004, 10:45 PM
I find it hard to give someone respect that acts like Stapp does.

And how can you not like Alter Bridge? Man, it is a sad world.

And anyway, of course Stapp isn't going to say there were a ton of disagreements because that would mean that three people were against HIM. But you think Brian Marshall is flat out lying when he said they came to blows? I don't.

%99 of the people in this world hate Creed, and their reason is always the same--Scott Stapp. I look past him an enjoy the music, but he is still an idiot.

Now, you can debate that, but you CAN'T debate the fact that the other three think he is a loser. They have almost flat out said so. Not only that, but their band is not only doing well but will only get bigger. AND they have already promised people that Creed is dead.

Why would one think that Creed would reunite? A reasonable person wouldn't.

titan9
12-25-2004, 02:01 AM
99% of people dislike Creed? I don't think so. Alot of people disliked Creed, but alot of people also liked Creed(like myself) Are Alter Bridge a very good band? Of course they are! Are they better than Creed? I don't know. I'm an equal fan of AB, Stapp and Creed, so you won't see me criticizing any of them. I think hating Stapp, and hating Creed, is quite overrated. You can say that Stapp is an idiot as a musician, but I do not think you can say he is an idiot in his personal life, considering you, me, and everyone else on this board DO NOT KNOW STAPP PERSONALLY! I can only judge him as a musician, and I have judged him as that. And I like him as a musician. Just like I like Tremonti, Philips and Marshall as musicians. I don't know them personally, so I don't know how they are as people. So I can't judge'em as people.

As for Creed reuniting, at the moment, it's extremely unlikely. But never say never. Other big bands have reunited and the same could happen here. You never know.

DekWannaBFlea
12-25-2004, 02:57 AM
99% of people dislike Creed? I don't think so. Alot of people disliked Creed, but alot of people also liked Creed(like myself) Are Alter Bridge a very good band? Of course they are! Are they better than Creed? I don't know. I'm an equal fan of AB, Stapp and Creed, so you won't see me criticizing any of them. I think hating Stapp, and hating Creed, is quite overrated. You can say that Stapp is an idiot as a musician, but I do not think you can say he is an idiot in his personal life, considering you, me, and everyone else on this board DO NOT KNOW STAPP PERSONALLY! I can only judge him as a musician, and I have judged him as that. And I like him as a musician. Just like I like Tremonti, Philips and Marshall as musicians. I don't know them personally, so I don't know how they are as people. So I can't judge'em as people.

As for Creed reuniting, at the moment, it's extremely unlikely. But never say never. Other big bands have reunited and the same could happen here. You never know.

I like him as a lyricist the most, and then a singer. Nothing less, nothing more.

Agent D
12-25-2004, 09:37 AM
i think they shouldnt regroup they suck

Not to be rude or anything, but what the hell is with these noobs suddenly registering and then posting that Creed and/or AB (depending on the thread) sucks? It's really starting piss me off. All they're doing is causing more negativity amongst the community members. Can we please close this useless thread?

titan9
12-25-2004, 11:00 AM
I like him as a lyricist the most, and then a singer. Nothing less, nothing more.

And that's pretty much the same way I feel.

uncertaindrumer
12-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Slice it whatever way you want, you can't deny how many people hated Creed, and they hated it because Stapp acted like an idiot.

You also can't deny that the three AB guys don't like him. They don't. So why would they reunite? They wouldn't.

titan9
12-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Like I said, alot of people hated Creed, but there were alot of people who LOVED them. 99% didn't hate Creed. 99% didn't love Creed, either. I'd say it was more 50-50, if you gotta go with percents. As for Stapp acting like an idiot, that's opinion, not fact. Considering you probably don't know Stapp personally, how can you say he acted like an idiot? We don't know how he is outside of his music career. We don't know what Scott Stapp thinks or what he does outside of music. We don't know Stapp. As for Philips, Tremonti and Marshall not liking Stapp, I don't know. They have said extremely negative things about Stapp in interviews, so you might have a point there. Like I said, never say never about them reuniting. Right now, it looks incredibly unlikely but who knows how they'll feel 10-15 years from now.

alterite
12-26-2004, 09:13 PM
I just used my magic eight ball, and it doesn't look good, so I doubt they will re-group!

fluttergirl
12-27-2004, 01:24 AM
:laugh:

caseycarson
12-27-2004, 09:17 AM
Scott Stapp has some Celine Dion-qualities (striking a pose, thinking he's a princess, etc.) but that doesn't change the fact that he is an awesome songwriter and a great frontman. I think ultimately, he'll go a lot farther than AB. AB sucks really bad and let me tell you why. Some of their songs are actually quite decent (similar to Creed, actually). Miles f***s these songs up by all his eewwwws and ahhhhhhs. If miles sung Faceless Man, he'd f**k that one up too when the the music fades to just guitars mid-way. I don't think he could resist eeeewwww-ing. I think musically AB is good. Songwriting is even OK. They need ALOT of help on the vocals.

Bridge of Clay
12-27-2004, 10:16 AM
pfft... right. Your entitled to your opinion, to like Myles or not. But he's definately the best singer I've ever heard, technically. He has a wide range, going from up to low very easily.

One Day Remains is the most creative piece of music I've heard in years, completely different to anything I knew.

Stapp couldn't ever sing those songs... I mean, he could but they would need to be re-arranged a lot. A LOT. I still like the guy but it's pretty obvious his voice deteriorated over the years and he can't hit high notes anymore.

Shagrath
12-27-2004, 10:49 AM
im getting really sick of this shit
"Alter Bridge is the best, now scott stapp sucks" "no scott stapp rules Alter Bridge sucks big time"
why?
when creed still where together, we fans enjoyed their music and we all where "friends" and had a good time discussing their music, now just becuase they are separated we have become rivals, why all this crap.
some of you may think that alter bridge(scott stapp) sucks becuase they dont like the music and i understand that but the ones that thinks alter bridge(scott stapp) sucks "non music-related", i dont understand you, that is just stupid.
im positive for both alter bridge and scott stapp becuase they are great musicians and they have inspired me alot as creed.
the time here is over for me, i cant be here anymore.
goodbye everyone.

BeamMeUpScottie
12-27-2004, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=uncertaindrumer]Slice it whatever way you want, you can't deny how many people hated Creed, and they hated it because Stapp acted like an idiot.

The same thing that made people hate Creed also inspired people to love them. A band that makes people react so intensley has something. Creed made people react to it, they either turned the radio up or changed the channel. The bands that you hear on the radio and you do neither don't have whatever it was that Creed had.

uncertaindrumer
12-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Scott Stapp has some Celine Dion-qualities (striking a pose, thinking he's a princess, etc.) but that doesn't change the fact that he is an awesome songwriter and a great frontman. I think ultimately, he'll go a lot farther than AB. AB sucks really bad and let me tell you why. Some of their songs are actually quite decent (similar to Creed, actually). Miles f***s these songs up by all his eewwwws and ahhhhhhs. If miles sung Faceless Man, he'd f**k that one up too when the the music fades to just guitars mid-way. I don't think he could resist eeeewwww-ing. I think musically AB is good. Songwriting is even OK. They need ALOT of help on the vocals.

You are insane. Myles is ten times the singer Scott will ever be. Scott could not even dream of hitting half the notes that Myles does.

creeddane
12-27-2004, 04:33 PM
You are insane. Myles is ten times the singer Scott will ever be. Scott could not even dream of hitting half the notes that Myles does.

a great singer does not necessarily mean one who can hit the most notes ya know....

titan9
12-27-2004, 04:58 PM
I will agree about one thing:Myles does have more range than Scott. But that does not necessarily make him the better singer.

uncertaindrumer
12-27-2004, 05:48 PM
a great singer does not necessarily mean one who can hit the most notes ya know....

I was using that as an example. It is not the only reason Myles is better. Just one of many ;)

Bridge of Clay
12-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Teri, I see you're lurking this thread right now... I won't bother to reply again. I know you have the gift of patience, so, it's your time now! lol

TeriB19
12-27-2004, 06:41 PM
This thread is definitely dead.