Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
"Is This The End" or "The End Is Here" [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : "Is This The End" or "The End Is Here"

RMadd
12-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Alrighty, I just decided to make a formal poll out of this ingenious topic.

jammy123
12-06-2004, 06:23 AM
Its not right to compare the 2 bands.......but i had to go for is this the end.....its excellent.....should have been release as a single.....and btw.....faceless man shud have also been a single!!

The Lithium
12-06-2004, 10:10 AM
I had to listen to the two songs before I decided, but I think The End Is Here is much better, actually.

Steve
12-06-2004, 12:15 PM
I have to go with Is This The End. It's just a great song.

RMadd
12-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Its not right to compare the 2 bands.......why not?
should have been release as a single.....and btw.....faceless man shud have also been a single!!i agree on both counts there

The Lithium
12-06-2004, 01:17 PM
I have to go with Is This The End. It's just a great song.
Yeah, that's true!

Higher_Desire
12-06-2004, 03:55 PM
I say it's "Is This The End That Is Here." LOL. I put Is This The End. Just like in that other thread.

H-D :pimp:

DekWannaBFlea
12-06-2004, 07:48 PM
I voted for the end is here by alter bridge. The wah in that song is amazing and the whole song is amazing too.

I can't believe you people.....

RMadd
12-07-2004, 02:42 AM
I can't believe you people.....it's funny you should mention that b/c, judging by the votes cast thus far, i'd say we should be the ones in disbelief.... lol.... i also think it's kinda funny ITTE is winning by a larger margin here than in the Creed forum

titan9
12-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Definitely "Is This The End". I think The End Is Here is the only song on ODR that I don't really like.

The Lithium
12-07-2004, 04:19 PM
I voted for the end is here by alter bridge. The wah in that song is amazing and the whole song is amazing too.

I can't believe you people.....
Let's form a club, ey?

RMadd
12-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Definitely "Is This The End". I think The End Is Here is the only song on ODR that I don't really like.hey hey welcome to the board! it's a kick-ass time here

titan9
12-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks, man. I've been reading here for a while and just decided to register and post. Seems like a nice place.

Torn Daredevil
12-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Hey titan9, you from ABB.net??? I'm torndaredevil.

Bridge of Clay
12-07-2004, 06:43 PM
tough call... I'm not voting... TEIH is so intense! what a way to close an album (did someone here say Lullaby?!) but ITTE is freaking awesome too...

titan9
12-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey, Hellboy, I think I registered there but I don't recall posting. If I did, it was only once or twice. But I have visited that site often, just like I come over here, too.

Torn Daredevil
12-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Hey, Hellboy, I think I registered there but I don't recall posting. If I did, it was only once or twice. But I have visited that site often, just like I come over here, too.Heh, just wondering cause there's someone there named "titanguy9." LOL

But good to have ya here.

RMadd
12-07-2004, 09:14 PM
if i'm not mistaken, there's a titanguy9 here, but i don't believe he's posted on here in some time... i used to talk to him on AIM every now & then last school year, but not yet this year

XenoN
12-08-2004, 01:12 AM
Dude I gagged when I heard Lullaby for the first time.

I should probably give ITTE a listen again. I remember how much the Scream 3 soundtrack kicked ass. Lots of crazy bands on there, and then there was Creed. I remember laughing at the notion that Static-X, Slipknot, System of a Down, and Creed were together on one album. Creed just seems so different from those bands.

titan9
12-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Lol, I didn't "gag" when I heard Lullaby for the first time. I laughed a little but that was about it. I guess I look at WAWO and Lullaby in the same light. Maybe someday those songs will apply to me? You know, feeling that kind of joy about having a child and being a parent.

The Titanguy9 on here probably is a big Steve McNair fan like myself.:)

RMadd
12-08-2004, 10:41 AM
The Titanguy9 on here probably is a big Steve McNair fan like myself.:)that's too bad about him being hurt & considering retirement

titan9
12-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Yeah, but I can understand why he's considering retirement. According to him he's tired of being hurt all the time and not being able to do things(such as play catch) with his little boy. At least if he does retire, it won't be for selfish reasons. And I hope if he does retire after this season, that he does it before the FA period and draft happen. That way the Titans will have enough time to maybe get someone else in there, if they don't like the idea of starting Volek.

He's probably my favorite player in the NFL(well, next to Jeremy Shockey anyway) and whenever he does retire, I'll be sad. He's a really good QB and if he decides to play for a while longer, he'll continue to be successful.

DekWannaBFlea
12-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Anyway back on subject......

What exactly do you guys don't like about The end is here? The build up sound is amazing and the wah part gives me chills down my spine. Myles voice really soars and is a great song to show off his talent.

I don't get it lol...

titan9
12-08-2004, 04:25 PM
I don't know, I just really love ITTE's lyrics. And the way Stapp sings it. And the music. I just really love everything about that song. TEIH is a good song and Myles of course does a great job singing on it(no surprise, he sings the whole album great) I guess I haven't really listened to TEIH enough for it to grow on me, but right now I favor ITTE.

XenoN
12-09-2004, 12:29 AM
I agree - the lyrics in ITTE are really nice.

But the damn guitar in The End is Here just blows half of Creed's stuff away... you can't deny how much the guitar kicks your ass in that song.

DekWannaBFlea
12-09-2004, 07:44 PM
I agree - the lyrics in ITTE are really nice.

But the damn guitar in The End is Here just blows half of Creed's stuff away... you can't deny how much the guitar kicks your ass in that song.

QFA

XenoN
12-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Qfa?

RMadd
12-15-2004, 01:44 PM
But the damn guitar in The End is Here just blows half of Creed's stuff away... you can't deny how much the guitar kicks your ass in that song.well, i'm going to anyway. it's good, not great. it's pretty sweet, but not the best thing ever. for me the musicianship and, especially, the lyrics of ITTE blow the musicianship and, to a lesser degree, the lyrics of TEIH out of the water

uncertaindrumer
12-23-2004, 03:04 PM
The Titanguy9 on here probably is a big Steve McNair fan like myself.:)

I'm a huge Steve McNair fan... His recent injuries and seemingly depressed attitude are depressing me.

Anyway, on topic, TEIH is better because--simply put--ANY song by Alter Bridge blows ANY song by Creed out of the water... by a lot. Except maybe Bullets, but that is not a very Creed-ish song.

Anyway, just listening to Scott Stapp's voice makes me want to puke, much less his lyrics, which make me want to commit suicide... So yeah, Myle's awesome singing and Mark's incredible riff make TEIH way better than any creed song...

And, by the way, I assume that dekflek (or whatever ur screename is...) as the MX one?

titan9
12-23-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm a huge Steve McNair fan... His recent injuries and seemingly depressed attitude are depressing me.

I agree. But I can also see where he's coming from. If he does retire, I'll definitely be disappointed, but I have faith that the Titans will do fine next year with Volek. Volek isn't the leader McNair is, but hopefully when he gets his shot to start, he becomes a leader for the Titans.

uncertaindrumer
12-23-2004, 05:54 PM
I agree. But I can also see where he's coming from. If he does retire, I'll definitely be disappointed, but I have faith that the Titans will do fine next year with Volek. Volek isn't the leader McNair is, but hopefully when he gets his shot to start, he becomes a leader for the Titans.

Oh, I see where he is coming from. I just wish he wasn't in the position he is in. But yeah, Volek is darn good...

titan9
12-23-2004, 06:31 PM
I agree. The injuries are just taking a toll on him and he's just tired of that(at least that's what he's said). Still, I think he'll be back next year. He's won the MVP, now he probably wants to win the Superbowl. Even though the Titans are having a bad season, they've still got a very bright future. Bennett has come into his own as a WR and Mason has been good as usual. Plus, Brown has been excellent whenever he has played and they've still got some young talent on the Defensive side of the ball(Starks, Bulluck and Roll to name a few) so there's alot of hope there.

Back on topic, I still favor ITTE but TEIH is pretty darn good, too.

uncertaindrumer
12-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Well, they have a good immediate future on the offensive side of the ball, but on the defensive side they have Bulluck and Samari Roll... and uh, yeah, that's it. Not to mention they play in the toughest division in football (Indy, Jacksonville are both playoff teams, and Houston will be a contender next year)

titan9
12-23-2004, 10:05 PM
True. But I think if they make some improvements on D, and the biggest thing is staying healthy(their LB position was decimated by injuries this year) then they'll be fine next year. If they would have stayed healthy, guaranteed, they'd be above .500.

uncertaindrumer
12-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah, above .500, but they would still almost definitely be behind indy, and probably wouldn't make the playoffs in the RIDICULOUSLY deep AFC...

Not only that, the Titans seem to be cursed with injuries... They ALWAYS get injured... If they haven't been so banged up last year they could have won the Super Bowl...

And by the way, am I to understand that you like Alter Bridge, 12 Stones, AND the Tennessee Titans? You have good taste...

titan9
12-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Yup.:D I'm a huge fan of AB and 12 Stones, as well as the Titans. I actually run a 12 Stones fan site(see my sig). I agree, the Titans would still be behind Indy in the AFC South, but I think their team would have been good enough for a 10-6 record this year, if McNair, Sirmon(he was starting to come into his own as a LB) and others wouldn't have gotten injured. The Titans have had a ton of injuries this year, and they just could not overcome all of them. If they can stay healthy next year, and they get some help on D, they'll be a playoff team, guaranteed. They had a 7-9 record in 2001 and then came back the next year and had a pretty good record. The same can happen next year after this lackluster year. The only thing that concerns me is that they don't have much salary cap room and in fact, I think they're over the cap. But the guys in the front office are smart, so I'm sure they'll figure out a way to get the help they need.

uncertaindrumer
12-24-2004, 11:09 AM
That is true. They have the second worst cap situation in the league, behind only San Fransisco, really. It is amazing how they are almost always in contention. My problem with their front office is that they manage to keep the Titans almost always GOOD. But they are never great. They were great one year, and just happened to be six inches too short...

Bah, that brings back bad memories!

titan9
12-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Yup, it brings back very bad memories. My brother is a Raiders fan, my other brother is a Eagles fan and then my Dad is a Patriots fan(and we live in Michigan). So I always get teased about my team coming up "a yard too short". And since they're having such a bad season this year, I get teased about it even more.

That's true about the Titans always being good, but never really great. I think they have the right pieces in place to have a great season. Fisher is a very good coach, and they've got a number of really good players on their team. I look forward to the day they finally win a Superbowl.

R U Ready?
12-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Its not right to compare the 2 bands.......but i had to go for is this the end.....its excellent.....should have been release as a single.....and btw.....faceless man shud have also been a single!!

I understand not wanting to compare the two bands that are virtually the same (no problem comparing two stitched up bands say, AB and Velvet Revolver), but this is comparing two songs that have nearly the same title, so it's a fun little poll. It's like comparing, I don't know, AB Find the Real and Velvet Revolver Fall to Pieces. Lighten up. I chose ITTE, great song. TEIH is my least fav song by AB.

Anna1011
12-24-2004, 05:08 PM
i havent really heard much by creed so for now ill have to say TEIH, will listen to ITTE end let you know what i think.

DekWannaBFlea
12-26-2004, 12:34 AM
I still don't understand what is so bad about The end is here.......

uncertaindrumer
12-26-2004, 01:13 PM
^Nothing. Who said it was bad? I think the iterlude is one of the high points of the album.

Muad'Dib
12-26-2004, 08:04 PM
The End Is Here easily, one of my favourites off the album.

R U Ready?
12-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Even though it's still my least fav on the album, it's not bad, just that the others kick more ass for me. It's probably one of the best least favs on an album for me.