Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott at Nascar Awards Fri. Dec. 3rd [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott at Nascar Awards Fri. Dec. 3rd

Frankie
12-01-2004, 09:45 AM
I have been wondering why this information has not been posted, as it's been known for almost 2 weeks now.
Anyway...we have it from a reliable source (hehehe...I have always wanted to be able to say that :D ) that Scott will be performing 2 songs...Relearn Love and a Creed song...although TNT, because of time constraints for the actual broadcast, will most likely only air one of the songs. Goneblind will be Scott's backing band for this performance.

Please, if you have a problem with Scott singing a Creed song, I suggest that you not tune in, as Nascar has used Creed songs alot in the past and may very well choose to air the Creed song.

Everyone else...ENJOY!!...I know I will be glued to the floor in front of my TV and cannot wait to see him :D

Network: (TNT) Turner Network Television
Date: Friday - December 03, 2004
Time: 09:00 pm - 12:00 am ET

Featured Artists
Brian McKnight, Scott Stapp
About: NASCAR Nextel Cup Series Awards Ceremony (2004)
Annual black-tie event honoring NEXTEL Cup's top ten drivers including the 2004 Points Champion. Same day coverage from the Waldorf Astoria in New York City, NY. This year's celebration will feature some special moments: Emceed by Allen Bestwick, Bill Weber and guest host Jay Mohr, Most Dramatic Moment Award, Special Hendrick Motorsports Tribute and special musical guests include Brian McKnight and singer Scott Stapp.

Agent D
12-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the headsup, man.

HuMaN~ClAy
12-01-2004, 11:40 AM
will anyone be recording this and posting it online??? I really want to see it but i doubt that I will get to because i'm living in a university residence and odds are most people won't want to watch it and there's only one TV on the floor :(........

Dogstar
12-01-2004, 12:02 PM
I won't be able to see it, either, as I don't have cable. So if anyone can tape it and put up somewhere, we non-viewers would be very grateful. Thanks.

rabidgopher04
12-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Yes, I will be travelling, but would like to see the show as well. I don't get TNT at home or else I would record it. SO PLEASE RIP IT SOMEONE!!! :D

Higher_Desire
12-01-2004, 03:51 PM
SWEET! Even though I already have like 3 things going on at that time that night.

H-D :pimp:

The Lithium
12-01-2004, 05:01 PM
I have been wondering why this information has not been posted, as it's been known for almost 2 weeks now.
Problably because no big Stapp fans posts here anymore! It's all Alter Bridge now... And a little bit of Creed...

Scott will be performing 2 songs...Relearn Love and a Creed song...Goneblind will be Scott's backing band for this performance.
Goneblind = Creed? I've had enough of this shit, Scott play your own material or don't play at all! It's MARK's songs!

Frankie
12-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Problably because no big Stapp fans posts here anymore! It's all Alter Bridge now... And a little bit of Creed...

Oh...ok...thanks...I guess :( I don't get out much :confused:

For everyone else in this thread who *is* interested...the performance will be up and available for download on the Passion Breeds Followers web site as soon as possible after Scott's performance.

Agent D
12-01-2004, 06:10 PM

For everyone else in this thread who *is* interested...the performance will be up and available for download on the Passion Breeds Followers web site as soon as possible after Scott's performance.

Thanks very much, Frankie.

Let's hope Scott is rocking out again!

Dogstar
12-01-2004, 06:41 PM

Cool, thanks, Frankie.

creedsister
12-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Oh Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy BRIAN MCKNIGHT :D

creedsister
12-01-2004, 07:08 PM

Goneblind = Creed? I've had enough of this shit, Scott play your own material or don't play at all! It's MARK's songs! Boyyyyyyyyy :slap:

creedlvr
12-02-2004, 05:47 PM
My Tivo is set! Thanks for the tip!

DekWannaBFlea
12-03-2004, 03:46 AM
I hate NASCAR with a passion.

Muad'Dib
12-03-2004, 06:02 AM
Been a while since I saw anything to do with Scott, looking forward to this, hopefully he puts in a good one.

creedsister
12-03-2004, 11:30 AM
I find it stress releaving

creedsister
12-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Been a while since I saw anything to do with Scott, looking forward to this, hopefully he puts in a good one.
I just left the Tv On the same channel, so i did,nt forget, Probleam Solved :D

Dogstar
12-03-2004, 12:24 PM
I have absolutely no interest in it. I guess I just don't see the appeal, but it is widely popular. One of my best friends goes to races in New Hampshire with her son because he loves it and now she's really into it. Who knew?

RMadd
12-03-2004, 12:30 PM
sumbitch, i'm working tonite & don't have a vcr

DekWannaBFlea
12-04-2004, 04:34 AM
Going to a NASCAR race is almost as bad as watching grass grow.....I can understand watching it on TV.....but going to one.....I smelll white trash....And before you call me some kind of hippie, i live in the sticks of Kansas and shoot things.....

fluttergirl
12-04-2004, 10:07 AM
i love how its a 'sport'.....
really? people just wanna see cars crash that are goin reel fast, boy jiminee...
also from a small hick town.... :rolleyes:

jammy123
12-04-2004, 10:48 AM
he's performed OLB.......how dare he.....dload the video of him perform higher....its soooo ridiculus....the guitar....the drums....suck big time....
Credit : PBF...!!

RMadd
12-04-2004, 11:57 AM
anybody have a video of it????????

creedsister
12-04-2004, 12:25 PM
anybody have a video of it????????
Oh i do :D but im still wating on it to download as well its Taken 4 ever :mad:

RMadd
12-04-2004, 12:29 PM
he's performed OLB.......how dare he.....dload the video of him perform higher....its soooo ridiculus....the guitar....the drums....suck big time....
Credit : PBF...!!this got me thinkin'.... as much as we all may object to Scott playing Creed songs while solo, it's not a bad ploy for him. most people, i would imagine, wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference whether it was tremo/flip/brian playing, or just 3 random fill-ins. yes, it's unfortunate, and yes, he should move on, but i guess he has the right to fuck himself over before he even begins.

HuMaN~ClAy
12-04-2004, 04:13 PM
from watching that video all i can say is "Ouch"

but not matter how much it hurts us to watch scott playing Higher without termonti and flip, imagine how he felt. I think if scott wants to do something with this solo thing he needs to stay away from the creed music because that makes him look like nothing but Washed Up........

Chase
12-04-2004, 04:24 PM
The performance by Scott was great I thought. Obviously, the music was lacking Tremonti, Marshall, and Flip's touch... but it's good marketing for Scott. A lot of people don't know about Creed's breakup... and there are a lot of people who really like "Higher." People watching the performance could think, "I love this song! I'm curious to know what his solo stuff will sound like." It just creates curiosity. Also, the man has the word "Creed" tattooed on his arm... give him a break. When most people think of Creed, they think of Stapp. Many people also know that these Creed songs were nearly all based on Stapp's life. I think he has every right to perform the songs that he wrote based on his emotions at the time.

Steve
12-04-2004, 04:54 PM
this got me thinkin'.... as much as we all may object to Scott playing Creed songs while solo, it's not a bad ploy for him. most people, i would imagine, wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference whether it was tremo/flip/brian playing, or just 3 random fill-ins. yes, it's unfortunate, and yes, he should move on, but i guess he has the right to fuck himself over before he even begins.

You're right. I've never debated the idea that Stapp playing Creed stuff would booster his career. In fact, it's a great way for him to build up his name in the music industry again. However my issue is why live on the past? If Stapp wants be known as "that guy from Creed" then let him play as much stuff from Creed as he wants. If he wants to be known as "Scott Stapp" then he should solely focus on his solo career and not Creed material.

I thought Stapp sounded pretty good in the performance. However his voice is still not the same as it used to be, and it's very clear. Just pop in a bootleg of Creed from 1998 or early-mid 1999 and you can hear a tremendous difference. Anyone who says otherwise has to be completely biased because it's very apparent he doesn't sing the same as he used to. Before Stapp used to hold notes longer, sing high notes higher, etc. He doesn't do that anymore. :(

revisfoot
12-04-2004, 05:14 PM
when will passionbreedsfollowers.com have it up? :D

Dogstar
12-04-2004, 05:39 PM
I hope somebody has it up soon. I'd like to see it.

Bridge of Clay
12-04-2004, 06:06 PM
It's up on PBF.

He performed Higher and Relearn Love, but only Higher was aired... shame...

Dogstar
12-04-2004, 06:40 PM
It is? I checked earlier, but I didn't see it. Oh well. Will check later. Thanks, Marcos.

HuMaN~ClAy
12-04-2004, 06:42 PM
You're right. I've never debated the idea that Stapp playing Creed stuff would booster his career. In fact, it's a great way for him to build up his name in the music industry again. However my issue is why live on the past? If Stapp wants be known as "that guy from Creed" then let him play as much stuff from Creed as he wants. If he wants to be known as "Scott Stapp" then he should solely focus on his solo career and not Creed material.

I thought Stapp sounded pretty good in the performance. However his voice is still not the same as it used to be, and it's very clear. Just pop in a bootleg of Creed from 1998 or early-mid 1999 and you can hear a tremendous difference. Anyone who says otherwise has to be completely biased because it's very apparent he doesn't sing the same as he used to. Before Stapp used to hold notes longer, sing high notes higher, etc. He doesn't do that anymore. :(

Steve, i totally agree with you on this, but would like to add something to it....... By Stapp performing Creed songs I believe he's losing a large portion of his old fan base. Most Creed fans don't want their memories disturbed by him performing Creed songs with another band, it's just not the same. Sure, the Stapp lovers won't really be affected by this, but he'll lose all respect from people on the Alter Bridge "side" of things, and most of the pure Creed fans. But, like you said, he should get a number of new fans...... But in my opinion i don't believe that these new fans will stick by Stapp like the old Creed fans would have, had he not performed the Creed songs....... so he may benifit from this in the immediate future, but it will hurt him in the long run..... i don't know if i got my point about this across very clear but i can't seem to find the right words for it.

also i'd like to say, Stapps performance may not have been quite as good as it would have been in '98 and '99, but it was a hell of a lot better than what it was at the World Series! :)

The Lithium
12-04-2004, 06:51 PM
It's up on PBF.

He performed Higher and Relearn Love, but only Higher was aired... shame...
I can't stand him anymore... No one can replace Creed!!

Dogstar
12-04-2004, 06:56 PM
also i'd like to say, Stapps performance may not have been quite as good as it would have been in '98 and '99, but it was a hell of a lot better than what it was at the World Series!
That's good to hear.

Agent D
12-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Wow, I didn't like that at all. Maybe that band's name should be Gone Deaf instead of Gone Blind. Anyone else notice they weren't playing at the right tempo? The whole thing seemed really off and not just because that wasn't Tremo, Brian, and Flip performing with Scott. If he wants to perform Creed songs, fine, but he could at least get some talented musicians to help him out.

creedsister
12-04-2004, 08:28 PM
:D sumbitch, i'm working tonite & don't have a vcr

Ann Allusion
12-04-2004, 10:51 PM
No one can replace Creed!!

:laugh:...No ONE is trying to replace Creed...IMHO

fluttergirl
12-05-2004, 01:41 AM
just Stapp, by playing Creed songs, being introduced as "formerly of Creed", and finding Creed look-a-likes to play Creed's songs, promotiong himself as having been in Creed.....
just a little.....

The Lithium
12-05-2004, 06:56 AM
I've lost a wholel lot of respect for him lately

Bridge of Clay
12-05-2004, 09:34 AM
just Stapp, by playing Creed songs, being introduced as "formerly of Creed", and finding Creed look-a-likes to play Creed's songs, promotiong himself as having been in Creed.....
just a little.....
not to mention promoting the GH album...

StillACreedFan
12-05-2004, 09:53 AM
I think everyone's overlooking the fact that right now his solo stuff hasn't been released. Once his solo album is out he'll probably sing almost entirely new stuff.

Ann Allusion
12-05-2004, 12:37 PM
I think everyone's overlooking the fact that right now his solo stuff hasn't been released. Once his solo album is out he'll probably sing almost entirely new stuff.

StillaCreedFan, thanks for pointing that out, but you might just be wasting your breath...it appears that opinions have been drawn, minds have been closed and many have made their decisions...that's not to say that they probably won't be changed down the line...:laugh:

Of course once the solo album is out he will be singing entirely new stuff...they know that too...seems that sometimes people just have to have something to "bitch" about... :D

btw..."Gone Blind" looks NOTHING like the band members of "Alter Bridge" formerly known as "Creed"...:laugh:...at least from where i was sitting... ;)

Trimontana
12-05-2004, 03:11 PM
I saw the performance and i dunno...it's just felt weird. I can't say i did like it. He sounded not Scott. That's a shame....i couldn't feel the same that when the four of them used to play that song. And his voice is still very damaged. He should think in recover it perfectly before record an album, i think it's more important. :(

benkenobi
12-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Okay, I'm just gonna tell you all that that video makes me sick! I can't believe he's pulling this stuff without Flip and Tru being there. I mean, how would he like it if Myles got on stage and started singing, "Well I just heard the news today...?" I'm seriously considering not supporting Scott's solo efforts anymore!!! :mad:

Trimontana
12-05-2004, 04:53 PM
The think is that Flip and Tremo are enjoying their new "lives" doin' what they like to do. And i agree with you....i won't support Stapp anymore...i would never though to say that.

fluttergirl
12-05-2004, 05:10 PM
StillaCreedFan, thanks for pointing that out, but you might just be wasting your breath...it appears that opinions have been drawn, minds have been closed and many have made their decisions...that's not to say that they probably won't be changed down the line...:laugh:

Of course once the solo album is out he will be singing entirely new stuff...they know that too...seems that sometimes people just have to have something to "bitch" about... :D

btw..."Gone Blind" looks NOTHING like the band members of "Alter Bridge" formerly known as "Creed"...:laugh:...at least from where i was sitting... ;)

so what if we are biased? show me one person ANYWHERE who isnt.you most certainly arent.at least there is reasoning behind our opinions, vs
AB spent less than a year putting together their new CD, in which time they played absolutely NO creed songs.
if stapp wants any credibility to his solo career, he needs to stop playing Creed songs, make his music, and get it recorded, or tell these ppl he wont play creed songs, or better yet, stop making public appearances til hes done recording.
no offense, but where your sitting doesnt seem to have a lot of credibility to it.

Ann Allusion
12-05-2004, 06:27 PM
so what if we are biased? show me one person ANYWHERE who isnt.you most certainly arent.at least there is reasoning behind our opinions, vs
AB spent less than a year putting together their new CD, in which time they played absolutely NO creed songs.

basically, i could care less who is or isn't biased...because as you say, many are...all i said was that people have already made up their minds. I've never said anything reguarding the time frame it took AB to put their CD, or what they did or didn't do while putting it together.

As i have read... Mark lets people know...most of the ODR tunes/lyrics were already written...stapp is starting from scratch...that takes more time.

if stapp wants any credibility to his solo career, he needs to stop playing Creed songs, make his music, and get it recorded, or tell these ppl he wont play creed songs, or better yet, stop making public appearances til hes done recording.

:laugh:...maybe he is multi-tasking...dude can write, make public appearences, sing Creed songs if he wants to as well as record if that is what he chooses to do...

no offense, but where your sitting doesnt seem to have a lot of credibility to it.

no offense taken...and i hope that you take none with this comment...why judge him at all?...it appears the ones having the biggest problem with his choices are the very people that were never satisfied with him when he was with Creed, and felt he didn't live up to THEIR expectations of him then...or now...and if that is the case...then seems y'all just never "got it"...

grim_farva
12-05-2004, 06:51 PM
I think stapp shouldn't have sang higher!....the band that was with him sucked so bad it made the song sound bad also.....and the wanna be mark tremonti.........he needs to learn how to play more. i was very upset when i seen that i loved creed but i think since they are no more, the songs shouldn't be played.....mark, brian, and filp don't play creed songs at their shows, so scott shouldn't either

Steve
12-05-2004, 07:21 PM
basically, i could care less who is or isn't biased...because as you say, many are...all i said was that people have already made up their minds.

But your comment, and the way you presented it, is basically insinuating that the other poster shouldn't have made their post because the non-Stapp people are biased towards AB. Sure you didn't directly say it, but we all know what you meant by your comment.

Ann Allusion
12-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Sure you didn't directly say it, but we all know what you meant by your comment.

:bigeyes:...thanks, Steve for the reminder... :D

NOTE TO SELF: gotta remember that even direct statements are apparently considered veiled statements...that there is no such thing as saying exactly what one means...:laugh:

Torn Signs
12-05-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm going to say one thing on the matter. Alter Bridge IS a DIFFERENT band than Creed was. Scott Stapp going solo IS not Creed. Alter Bridge wants to be LOOKED at as a NEW band starting from scratch and Scott Stapp is going down his own choice of life. So by comparing what AB is doing to what Stapp is doing is constantly insulting to ANY Creed fan as Creed IS no longer together. And personally to me, the constant comparing of what either AB or Stapp have chosen to do IS insulting as it reflects that one of them is supposed to be better than another. And Creed was a joined force. A DEAD joined force that may never be seen again. So PLEASE for the respect of both parties, STOP arguing over Stapp's choices and Alter Bridge's choices in their NEW careers! How fair is that to Myles Kennedy by the way who was NEVER part of Creed and is NEW to this whole stage affair with Creed fans and the like? Thank you and I'll get OFF my soapbox!

fluttergirl
12-06-2004, 01:22 AM
basically, i could care less who is or isn't biased...because as you say, many are...all i said was that people have already made up their minds. I've never said anything reguarding the time frame it took AB to put their CD, or what they did or didn't do while putting it together.

As i have read... Mark lets people know...most of the ODR tunes/lyrics were already written...stapp is starting from scratch...that takes more time.

:laugh:...maybe he is multi-tasking...dude can write, make public appearences, sing Creed songs if he wants to as well as record if that is what he chooses to do...

no offense taken...and i hope that you take none with this comment...why judge him at all?...it appears the ones having the biggest problem with his choices are the very people that were never satisfied with him when he was with Creed, and felt he didn't live up to THEIR expectations of him then...or now...and if that is the case...then seems y'all just never "got it"...
i never said you had said anything, i merely stated that AB had never used Creed to promote themselves, ie, playing Creed songs to advertise their new band, while doing so....
as far as mark saying so, if stapp wants to use old stuff that was never released, fine. no pronblem with that. im not wishing him any less success, merely that he was more independant, and promoting himself, as a solo artist then his resume with Creed, which was a BAND.
if he's multi tasking, there should be no exscuses made, he should be able to do it. i really want to hear his solo stuff, not Creed from another band. every public appearance that he makes without his solo stuff out there, makes me wonder justy how long its gonna be, and, well, im a little impatient, seeing how AB has already put out their CD, and done huge tour, and is still not done...
i was never dissatisfied with him with Creed, his voice was perfect for that.

fluttergirl
12-06-2004, 01:24 AM
:bigeyes:...thanks, Steve for the reminder... :D

NOTE TO SELF: gotta remember that even direct statements are apparently considered veiled statements...that there is no such thing as saying exactly what one means...:laugh:
maybe there wouldt be so many inferences made if you would come out and say whatever it is you are wanting to say, w/o adding all the cutsie smiles and laughs to show it....
perfect example-note to self- unnecessary

RMadd
12-06-2004, 04:49 AM
i watched the copy of the video from pbf.... wow, i can't believe i stopped a creed (or anything related) performance so quickly! not only was stapp a bit off vocally, but the backing band sucked big fat hairy donkey balls. the riffs and all just didn't have the same feeling. the song was too fast, i wonder if that has anything to do w/ scott's shortness of breath while holding longer notes

jammy123
12-06-2004, 06:43 AM
big fat hairy donkey balls
make that dinosaur

StillACreedFan
12-06-2004, 07:14 AM
i merely stated that AB had never used Creed to promote themselves
Really? On the AB CD I bought there was a sticker that announced that 3 of the members of Alter Bridge were from Creed.

fluttergirl
12-06-2004, 08:47 AM
really.
there is, and on most radio stations theyll be introduced as such, that is a wind up decision. not theirs. not only have they stated that they are done with creed, but they also have not performed a single Creed song, much less in so public a fashion.

Trimontana
12-06-2004, 09:57 AM
Really? On the AB CD I bought there was a sticker that announced that 3 of the members of Alter Bridge were from Creed.

here we go again....bashing Tremo and the guys....using any excuse against them....and that's not their fault...it's Wind-up's....the same one who released Creed Greatest Hits without Tremo and Flip support.....

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-06-2004, 10:21 AM
I'm going to say one thing on the matter. Alter Bridge IS a DIFFERENT band than Creed was. Scott Stapp going solo IS not Creed. Alter Bridge wants to be LOOKED at as a NEW band starting from scratch and Scott Stapp is going down his own choice of life. So by comparing what AB is doing to what Stapp is doing is constantly insulting to ANY Creed fan as Creed IS no longer together. And personally to me, the constant comparing of what either AB or Stapp have chosen to do IS insulting as it reflects that one of them is supposed to be better than another. And Creed was a joined force. A DEAD joined force that may never be seen again. So PLEASE for the respect of both parties, STOP arguing over Stapp's choices and Alter Bridge's choices in their NEW careers! How fair is that to Myles Kennedy by the way who was NEVER part of Creed and is NEW to this whole stage affair with Creed fans and the like? Thank you and I'll get OFF my soapbox!

Thank you for that Torn Signs.

This whole thread is the reason I do not frequent the BB anymore. It's all a bunch of CRAP!!!!!! :mad:

Everyone says they support AB and Stapp in whatever it is they are doing but most of you have made your minds up about Stapp. I don't care that he sings Creed songs and whether it was Tremo's and Flip's idea or not alot of people I know bought the AB cd because it said on it "former members of Creed"!!. We are all in titled to our own opinions but all these former Creed fans do nothing but bash the lead singer of one of their favorite bands. Way to go!!!

Steve
12-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Well no offense to SCOTTSMYMAN, but I was bashing Stapp before Creed broke up. I don't know if you can find any of my posts here but I was saying for a long time prior to the breakup that Stapp had problems and I didn't like the persona he was giving off with all of his "bar fights" and other such public incidents. There always seemed to be a problem, and with his voice deteriorating over the years, he just wasn't the same as he was early on.

This is where I think you and I differ. You see I can bash Stapp or Tremonti or whoever else but still like the music. Just because I said Stapp has a poor character doesn't mean I don't like Creed's music or Stapp's solo music, or Alter Bridge's music. As has always been said from the begining worship the music, not the band members.

RMadd
12-06-2004, 03:28 PM
So by comparing what AB is doing to what Stapp is doing is constantly insulting to ANY Creed fan as Creed IS no longer together. And personally to me, the constant comparing of what either AB or Stapp have chosen to do IS insulting as it reflects that one of them is supposed to be better than another.ahhh, but on the other hand, Stapp doing Creed songs, and especially in the manner in which he is so doing (singing poorly, w/ shitty backing bands, and being announced as "THE founding member of Creed" at the NASCAR awards) is insulting to me as a Creed fan.

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Well no offense to SCOTTSMYMAN, but I was bashing Stapp before Creed broke up. I don't know if you can find any of my posts here but I was saying for a long time prior to the breakup that Stapp had problems and I didn't like the persona he was giving off with all of his "bar fights" and other such public incidents. There always seemed to be a problem, and with his voice deteriorating over the years, he just wasn't the same as he was early on.

This is where I think you and I differ. You see I can bash Stapp or Tremonti or whoever else but still like the music. Just because I said Stapp has a poor character doesn't mean I don't like Creed's music or Stapp's solo music, or Alter Bridge's music. As has always been said from the begining worship the music, not the band members.

I do worship the music! And yes, Scott had some trouble but all anyone seems to focus on anymore is all negative. He has done only one solo song so far and he has sang "Higher" at an award show and everybody is being pissy and hypocritical. Haven't given the guy much of a chance and most of you have made up your minds about his efforts. And Steve you don't bash Tremo! You never have if I can recall. You know what, what difference does it make.

SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOING HOME!!!!

Steve
12-06-2004, 04:18 PM
I haven't found a reason to bash Tremonti yet. If he gets in a bar room fight or something, I'll probably speak out about it. Until that time comes there's no reason for me to bash him.

Trimontana
12-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Of course there's not reason to bash Tremo , cos he is not that kind of guy....he could be a selfish rich guitar rock star....but for all contrary he is a great person....a sweet, careful, nice, laid back guy...he's got all my respect...and he showed to me more than once....Tremo rocks...

Ann Allusion
12-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Of course there's not reason to bash Tremo , cos he is not that kind of guy....he could be a selfish rich guitar rock star....but for all contrary he is a great person....a sweet, careful, nice, laid back guy...he's got all my respect...and he showed to me more than once....Tremo rocks...

Pedistles were made for falling off of...and from what i read, not only above, but in other posts, some have put Tremo (and the rest of AB) up there pretty high.

Unless you live with someone, or are around them 24/7...what you see is what THEY want you to see....will you be so accepting of Tremonti, or for that matter of any of them when they fall?

They will someday, ya know...'cause they are only human beings...just like the rest of us...all prone to making mistakes...we all do...

When that happens...will you all loose compassion for them as well. Will you be the same people that will pick apart everything AB would do, after their fall from grace comes to pass? Will you condemn any or all of their attempts at rebuilding after seeing them for their weaknesses after knowing their strengths for so long?...Will you turn on one another, because some will support them, while others will not?...

The answers to these questions have already happend once...and they will happen again...unless people remember that nobody's perfect...and that what each of you do to another...you also do to yourselves...doesn't matter if it is somebody you know, a stranger on the street...and in this instance...stapp...

This was something i had to say...take it for what it's worth...but at least i hope it made you think...

Trimontana
12-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Of course they are like anyone of us...i agree completly...just that at least Tremo and the guys are not luying at radio stations and trying people think they are angels....like Stappp pretends everyone think about him...they live in the real world and get over the past....i don't think Stapp is doin' that.

And another thing...happen what happen and now for me have been almost 6 years... i will support Tremo and AB forever....

fluttergirl
12-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Pedistles were made for falling off of...and from what i read, not only above, but in other posts, some have put Tremo (and the rest of AB) up there pretty high.

Unless you live with someone, or are around them 24/7...what you see is what THEY want you to see....will you be so accepting of Tremonti, or for that matter of any of them when they fall?

They will someday, ya know...'cause they are only human beings...just like the rest of us...all prone to making mistakes...we all do...

When that happens...will you all loose compassion for them as well. Will you be the same people that will pick apart everything AB would do, after their fall from grace comes to pass? Will you condemn any or all of their attempts at rebuilding after seeing them for their weaknesses after knowing their strengths for so long?...Will you turn on one another, because some will support them, while others will not?...

The answers to these questions have already happend once...and they will happen again...unless people remember that nobody's perfect...and that what each of you do to another...you also do to yourselves...doesn't matter if it is somebody you know, a stranger on the street...and in this instance...stapp...

This was something i had to say...take it for what it's worth...but at least i hope it made you think...
1) That is so horribly ironic, I dont know what to say.....
2) Steve just answered, and I agree, the other guys simply havent done anything yet.
3) sounds like you speak from experience. If Stapp has fallen off of the pedastle so many people have put him on, why would you defend him? Why would you be so against AB?
I simply dont understand how it doesnt work both ways.
If AB had performed Creed songs, I'd be even more upset, because theyve already said they wouldnt. If they began to show the kind of misbehavior we have seen from Stapp in the last couple of years, I would loose respect for them. I wouldnt stand blindly by and just support them.

Chase
12-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Jerry Cantrell performs Alice in Chains songs... and Velvet Revolver has performed "Sex Type Thing." Who cares? Why doesn't anyone crucify them? I, as a Creed fan, don't want Creed's music to be buried in a vault and locked up forever. It was the rest of the band's decision to ditch Stapp. Who cares if a Creed song or two is still alive? Read any promotion or review about Alter Bridge... each one will mention that it has 3 members of Creed. C'mon... if it wasn't for them being in Creed... they wouldn't be playing as many sold out shows as Alter Bridge. I really don't see what the big deal is? It's so easy for people to bash Stapp... give him a break... he's been through hell and back over the past couple of years.

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Chase you are wasting your breath with these people because they don't give a shit. Scott is a human being but because he was in a rock band as big as Creed, made a few mistakes because of personal things, he is aloud to be ridiculed and demeaned. I keep forgetting how so many of you were there when all the mistakes he made and have the right to speak ill of him because you feel you know everything.

I can't wait for the day when Tremo and the rest of them fall of the pedestal you have all put them on. AlterBridge is soo great and this that and the other thing but if it wasn't for Creed they wouldn't even exist.

As far as any of your know Tremo is a nice guy and hasn't done anything wrong. I guess he is just better keeping it out of the paper!!

Agent D
12-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Chase you are wasting your breath with these people because they don't give a shit. Scott is a human being but because he was in a rock band as big as Creed, made a few mistakes because of personal things, he is aloud to be ridiculed and demeaned. I keep forgetting how so many of you were there when all the mistakes he made and have the right to speak ill of him because you feel you know everything.

I can't wait for the day when Tremo and the rest of them fall of the pedestal you have all put them on. AlterBridge is soo great and this that and the other thing but if it wasn't for Creed they wouldn't even exist.

As far as any of your know Tremo is a nice guy and hasn't done anything wrong. I guess he is just better keeping it out of the paper!!

Jeez, you are bitter. It's really amazing that you actually hope the AB boys have something bad happen to them just to spite those of us who enjoy their music.

I find myself in both camps. I love Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp and wish them the best. And having said that, I feel free to say that supporters of both sides are obnoxious pricks and everyone needs to shut up and enjoy the music.

Ann Allusion
12-06-2004, 07:53 PM
(Originally Posted by Ann Allusion)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) That is so horribly ironic, I dont know what to say.....

but it appears you DID have something to say...;)

2) Steve just answered, and I agree, the other guys simply havent done anything yet.

actually, i'm sure that there have been a lot of things that "fans" don't know about "the other guys"...and if they did...certain people would have a problem with.

3) sounds like you speak from experience.

not necessairly...

If Stapp has fallen off of the pedastle so many people have put him on, why would you defend him?

personally, i've never held stapp to a pedistle....and if standing up for another human being, despite what qualities they put forward with the realiziation that none of us are perfect...then so be it.

Why would you be so against AB?

in all actuality...i have nothing against AB...always wished them the best of luck in their lives and professional endeavours...i haven't posted anything for quite some time in their reguard...

I simply dont understand how it doesnt work both ways.

ya know...that is something i've been wondering about myself from what i've been reading...it's getting "old"...and life's too short...isn't it?

If AB had performed Creed songs, I'd be even more upset, because theyve already said they wouldnt.

Does that mean that you would be upset because AB would be basically going back on their word...or just because they were singing Creed songs?...stapp never said he wouldn't incorporate Creed songs in his solo act...so i don't see a problem.

If they began to show the kind of misbehavior we have seen from Stapp in the last couple of years, I would loose respect for them.

You can loose respect for someone because they make mistakes...and if that is how you feel...so be it....

I wouldn't stand blindly by and just support them.

don't think anyone is blind in their support...but then again...everyone will see it differently.

hockeymom97
12-06-2004, 08:38 PM

The keyword here is FROM. They are promoting themselves as AB. Not Creed. Everything with Scott is Scott Stapp Lead singer of Creed. Autographs are Scott Stapp Creed. AB signes AB.

There is the major difference in the promotion of themselves.

Dogstar
12-06-2004, 09:31 PM
People are really missing the point here. Why is it that we can't criticize a performance if it was not to our liking? It has nothing to do with Scott Stapp as a person, or his fricken image, for crying out loud. Bottom line is, some of the stuff he has done since the breakup has not been good. I haven't seen the NASCAR thing, but I heard Relearn Love, didn't like it, and I watched him sing God Bless America at the World Series, again, I didn't like it. It has nothing to do with *supporting him*. It has everything to do with how he performed, and I'm sorry, but in my opinion only, he did not perform well, at least not up to the standard I have seen him reach previously. So I'm a basher because his performances so far have dissatisfied me? Again, ridiculous.

With regard to AB, yes, I like what I have heard, so am I a non-supporter because I happen to like AB and a lot of the so-called Stapp supporters don't like AB? This is ridiculous. I am anxiously awaiting what the man will do solo-wise, and because AB is ahead of the game right now, I can only go by what Stapp has done to date. Right now, I'm not impressed. I agree with Steve that I think his voice has gone downhill. I'm thinking he did a lot of damage to it on the Weathered tour. There were a number of performances on that tour in which he sings off-key and is unable to hit the notes he typically hits. Unfortunately, that insane schedule did him in, voice-wise. I'm hoping it can recover enough for him to continue performing, if that's what he wants to do.

With regard to the promoting, I do agree he's hanging on to the past. I understand his having to mention that he's from Creed, that's marketing 101, but I'm sorry, the breakup is still too new for me to be hearing him sing Creed songs without the rest of Creed. I would be just as pissed off if AB did them. He should give it more time. Sorry, just my opinion.

And as I have said countless times before, Jerry Cantrell, STP, and the rest performed those songs from their respective bands after very long periods of inactivity from their old bands, years even. In Jerry's case, what he typically performed were songs in which he wrote the lyrics, instrumentation and melodies. Also, he sang Alice songs on which he was lead vox in AIC. It wasn't like he was trying to sing Love, Hate, Love or I Stay Away or Frogs, where the lead vocals were done originally by Layne Staley.

Sorry this is so long.

Bridge of Clay
12-06-2004, 09:56 PM
lah lah lah lah lahhhhhhhhhhh lah lah lah

*sings "The Smurfs" theme song and moves to another thread*

Steve
12-06-2004, 09:56 PM
People are really missing the point here. Why is it that we can't criticize a performance if it was not to our liking? It has nothing to do with Scott Stapp as a person, or his fricken image, for crying out loud. Bottom line is, some of the stuff he has done since the breakup has not been good.

This has been my exact point from the beginning. I must not be voicing myself properly I guess. I have nothing against Stapp as a musician. I became a Creed fan for many of the same reasons as everyone else - Stapp's voice, the deep lyrics, and the crunching music arrangements. But, as Dogstar said, some stuff Stapp has done recently isn't to my liking. His voice has gone down the drain since the last year and a half of Creed. Some of his live performances have sounded bad IMO. Also some of his actions in the public scene have been less than perfect. That has made me lose respect for Stapp, but that doesn't mean I don't like his music. I'm not going to stop listening to Creed because Stapp got in a fight. If Tremonti gets arrested for some crime tomorrow, I'm not going to not listen to AB. I'm no less of a fan of Stapp, Creed, or AB than anyone else - respecting the musicians as people has nothing to do with it.

Steve
12-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Just to add one other thing to this topic... there's a similar discussion going on over at The Pit's messageboard. Someone on PBF started a topic about how The Pit used to be Stapp lovers but now they hate him. Gatalove made a great post that I thought should be quoted here.

I'm sick and tired of people making US to be the bad guys. We have a right to our own opinions just as you all have a right to yours. Discuss it in a MATURE way without calling people idiots, then you have every right to post on ANY board. There hasn't been ANY major drama around here for weeks. Why? Because Stapp hasn't really been mentioned. The first time the guy goes on t.v. and we say we didn't like what we see, suddenly all the defenders come out and start bitching a fit telling us that we're idiots, immature, etc.

Now you tell me, WHO are the ones who have him on a pedestal? US or PBF which is a shrine to Stapp and should anyone who doesn't "Fit the Stapp Worshipper Profile" is not allowed to post or view anything?

Double standard if you ask me. If we went around banning Stapp defenders around here, you would all find something else to bitch about.

TeriB19
12-06-2004, 10:08 PM
maybe there wouldt be so many inferences made if you would come out and say whatever it is you are wanting to say, w/o adding all the cutsie smiles and laughs to show it....
perfect example-note to self- unnecessary
I have to agree with you, in regards to Ann's posts. Say what you mean, without all the smilies and innuendo.

One thing I can definitely say about Alter Bridge, that I cannot say about Creed, is how much more easily accessible they are to fans. Meet and greets were almost unheard of when Creed was on the Weathered tour. You'd hear the occasional story of fans running into the guys at the bus but they were few and far between, and almost never mentioned Stapp. I am of the understanding that Stapp was always followed by that big bodyguard that was always between us on the rail and Stapp on the stage. I did not see bodyguard one at the AB show in Philly. What it comes down to is this, I loved Creed. I love AB and I hope to be able to love Stapp's solo stuff. For now, he's not coming up with anything new, other than Relearn Love, which was met with a lukewarm reception. But IMO, as long as he's relying so heavily on his past, he won't be able to break free and move on to the future. Again, just my opinion.

Chase
12-06-2004, 11:50 PM
I keep hearing that Scott keeps "reliving the past." Alter Bridge decided to release the most Creed sounding song as their first single... that's the main reason why "One Day Remains" doesn't sit well with a lot of critics. Half of the CD is rehashed Creed riffs. Dogstar said that it's okay for Jerry Cantrell and Scott Weiland to perform old songs because of the fact that the bands had been inactive for quite a while "even years." How long ago was the last Creed performance? About 2 years. Okay... so Scott performed a song that he wrote that hasn't been seen live in 2 years. If you dislike his music, that's fine... but why is the fact he's lived a less than perfect life relevant to his music career? As for his voice quality... it happens to ALL singers. It deteriorates. Eddie Vedder isn't the same singer he was 8 years ago. That's just the way it works.

Dogstar
12-07-2004, 12:33 AM
God, I feel like a broken record. People were still hoping Creed was going to put out another album, so the breakup, which was announced in June, is still a sore point with a lot of fans. It's still new to a lot of people. With AIC it was common knowledge that they were done after a few years. AIC's last studio release (aside from the MTV performance) was in 1995 and Layne's drug problems had been well-documented. They didn't even tour for the release of Tripod. Just about everyone knew AIC was pretty much done. Same with STP and Scott Weiland's mess. Jerry Cantrell's solo CD came out in 1998, a full three years after AIC's inactivity.

Eddie Vedder can't hit the high notes the way he used to, but his voice still has very good tone and he is never flat. I have countless bootlegs and I saw them as recently as last year, and the man was on his game. Scott's voice has suffered much more.

And as I said, I don't give a crap about his personal life. It has nothing to do with my enjoyment of the man's music.

With regard to AB, I will agree that there are some songs that sound too Creedish and I wish they had gone in more of the direction of the songs that Myles had a hand in. That has been discussed quite a bit on these boards. I was critical myself. I still enjoy their album, though, and I'm looking forward to their sophomore effort, which my guess is, will sound less like Creed. They will find their own sound. Some of this stuff was written during the Weathered tour, probably for the fourth album before things went sour.

aussiecreeder
12-07-2004, 12:47 AM
God, I feel like a broken record. People were still hoping Creed was going to put out another album, so the breakup, which was announced in June, is still a sore point with a lot of fans. It's still new to a lot of people. With AIC it was common knowledge that they were done after a few years. AIC's last studio release (aside from the MTV performance) was in 1995 and Layne's drug problems had been well-documented. They didn't even tour for the release of Tripod. Just about everyone knew AIC was pretty much done. Same with STP and Scott Weiland's mess. Jerry Cantrell's solo CD came out in 1998, a full three years after AIC's inactivity.

Eddie Vedder can't hit the high notes the way he used to, but his voice still has very good tone and he is never flat. I have countless bootlegs and I saw them as recently as last year, and the man was on his game. Scott's voice has suffered much more.

And as I said, I don't give a crap about his personal life. It has nothing to do with my enjoyment of the man's music.

With regard to AB, I will agree that there are some songs that sound too Creedish and I wish they had gone in more of the direction of the songs that Myles had a hand in. That has been discussed quite a bit on these boards. I was critical myself. I still enjoy their album, though, and I'm looking forward to their sophomore effort, which my guess is, will sound less like Creed. They will find their own sound. Some of this stuff was written during the Weathered tour, probably for the fourth album before things went sour.

*claps*

fluttergirl
12-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Steve, Dogstar, Terri, thank you, youve pretty much voiced my opinion. I must concur with the broken record. This whole thing had been hashed out in three threads now. I'm sick of fighting with people who either see themselves as having no faults, or see only faults in others, and refuse to do anything but argue. I've started dreading coming to this board because of these threads, so I just won't post in them anymore. Theres no point. Anyone who wants my opinion on the matter, feel free to ask, but I'm not going to volunteer myself to be cut down for difference of opinion anymore. With that said, I will make reference to the last time I was quoted.

Ann, I dont know what seemed to make this so personal to you, but I was merely stating my opinion.
Yes I did have something to say, but I chose not to. However here goes- I find it ironic that anytime people point out major downfalls of Stapp's they are called either mere mistakes, or the inference that the AB guys are just as bad, merely not as publicized comes up. Trust me, there are enough people out there who hate AB enough, if there was stuff to be publicized, it would be. And were you not faced with the decision to either stand behind Stapp or realize that he had major personal and character faults? Or are you still refusing to face such decisions. I think anyone here can see that you have obviously put Stapp on a pedastale, whether you are aware of it or not. Anyone who can call the Chicago show, the barfight, etc, mere mistakes, and not see it as a possible reflection of character, probably either holds Stapp in too high a regard, or on a pedastale. However, that I Sirrelevant to the music, Which I am still waiting on, and can't really support untill it is here. By constantly making inuendos about Stapp and the 'other' people, the 'some' people who are closeminded, you have shown that you are either against AB, or most certainly, not for them. Earlier in this thread, when you assumed that AB has a pedastale to fall off of. Why would you assume so if you wished them well. I wish well to Scott. I hope nothing of the sort to him, and cant understand how you can both support someone, and assume they'll have some big downfall that will make me question their career and their person. And it would upset me mostly because as stated MANY times before, by myself, and I think dogstar in particular (correct me if I'm wrong, please) that there simply hasnt been enough time to heal. There are people who to this day dont know Creed has broken up. That would be the equivalent of you going to a Weathered concert (because that is where everything started to fall apart), and seeing Myles singing WAWO. Its shocking and its painful.
Again, like I've said, after a year or so? Sure. Now? No. Please, people, stop misquoting here. We're noting saying ever, we're saying NOW. And yes, there are such erronious mistakes that should not be given automatic forgiveness for. Such as, promoting yourself by a still newly band. And if you dont see anyone blindly supporting wither side, then, well, I've wasted my time typing this.

Like I said, any more questions, Pm me or whatever, but I'm tired of wasting my time in this thread....

Marty
12-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Not that I want to get in all this stuff...but I want to throw in my two bits about the performance.

I was really saddened, Stapp couldn't hit the notes...the bassist and guitarist(s!!) just plain sucked. If you mess up with distoration on, for the most part it isn't noticed, but when you do on a clean part...it is. They looked like of like the Story of the Year guitarists, heh. Anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I still like Stapp, but in my opinion, if this is a show of what is to come...I'm glad there wasn't a new Creed record (in reference to his voice)...and if he can't get it fixed, healed or whatever...I think he should be a producer or something. The hardest thing for a fan to see, is their favorite artist continue to try to make music when they can't any longer...and I hope it doesn't come to that.

:)

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-07-2004, 01:34 PM
You know what I hear what everybody is saying and I apologize for anything that may have come out wrong or just because I wanted to be cruel.

Now that I'm a little bit more rational today let me just say that if people are judging him with there opinions based on the musical aspect of it, that's fine. you are intitled to your opinion. I don't think his performance was all that bad. I think he was a little nervous in the beginning but loosened up as it went on. As far as Goneblind, the back up band they weren't great but they weren't that bad.

The problem I have is people basing their opinions based solely on his character. Yes, he has really screwed up alot and I mean alot in the last few years but the same can be said for many singers and other artists. By making up your opinion based solely on that and not because of the music I think people are being biased. It's like saying don't listen to Scott Weiland because he's a drug addicted or Jim Morrison of the Doors because a long time ago he exposed himself to a crowd. This was all I was trying to say and instead I got mad and blurted our stupid shit. Evryone is entitled to their own opinion and I guess I'm just not ready to give up on him just yet!

Also, I'm not saying everyone is doing this, but their are a few of you who are. People make mistakes big and small as Steve said "Worship the music not the band members"

(and now I'm done!!)

Chase
12-07-2004, 02:59 PM
I wonder how good my voice would be if I did the extensive touring he did. Put everything in context. Creed's touring schedule totally strained his voice and emotional well being. Yes, he has done stupid stuff. Put everything in perspective... he's nothing compared to people like Scott Weiland. There's no time limit that says when Scott can perform songs from his old band. I mean... you guys would be freaking out if he performed a Creed song two years from now for the first time. All I'm saying is... if you guys are willing to bash Stapp for exploiting Creed... do the same for Alter Bridge. They were a band who bragged about how they would be totally different from Creed... and that obviously wasn't the case. I love Alter Bridge, and I love Stapp... however, giving Stapp shit for like every move he makes is screwed up. What I'm getting from this topic is that Scott sucks because: He got in a bar fight, doesn't have his My Own Prison voice, performed Higher... and I think that's it. It was TNT's decision air "Higher." Had they aired "Relearn Love" the bitching in this topic would be relatively less... although pretty much everyone seems to hate that song as well. So, he's damned if he does and damned if doesn't.

titan9
12-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I just watched Scott's performance of Higher on the Nascar awards(I caught the tail end of it when it was on TV). It was very different not seeing Tremonti and Philips there, but I gotta say, Stapp sounded good vocally. The music on the other hand.....I wouldn't say they(his backing band) botched it but they sure as heck haven't mastered the song musically. They hit it at certain points, but missed at other points. Maybe they were nervous, maybe they just haven't practiced the song alot(considering they're probably busy working on their own stuff and Stapp's solo CD) In any event, I'd say Scott sounded much better in this performance than on the World Series one(since he had a sinus infection then, it's understandable) and I think Stapp still has a good voice. Not as great as before, but I'm still pumped about his solo career.

Moving on to the issue of him playing Creed songs, I'm not for him playing Creed songs but I'm not completely against it, either. He's made up his mind and he never said he wouldn't play the songs. So he's not lying about this. I know it's painful for some(and if he did this 5 months ago, it would've probably been painful for me) but we've just gotta move on and stop the bickering. I understand that some of you guys just don't think he should be performing these songs this quickly or ever. Understandable. One of my favorite bands(Big Dismal) broke up a month ago. I haven't listened to them since before the break up. It's just too painful for me to listen to them right now and I don't think I could enjoy the music if I tried. If the guy(Eric Durrance) who was the lead singer of the group(and ironically, he's going solo as well and BD's demo was produced by Stapp) starts performing the band's songs(though Eric did write the lyrics and a good amount of the music) I probably won't like it. So I relate to those of you who are definitely against it happening.

But it seems like that's not always the reason for you guys saying negative things about Stapp and his solo career to date. I think the bottom line is this for those who do not like Stapp: If you don't like Stapp, then you probably should just steer clear of Stapp's forum and whatever Stapp does solo wise. Same thing for people who don't like Alter Bridge. Personally I'm a equal fan of all three, so none of this really bothers me. But I know this has been the source for bickering on this forum in particular. A big division seems to have happened on here(this may be my first post, but I have been reading on here for months now) since the break up. That's a shame as it's led to certain members on here either leaving, or not posting very much because of some of the things being said. And it looks like the people who have left because of the hostility were Stapp supporters. It seems to be kinda hostile for the Stapp fans here, given the Stapp supporters(that dislike AB) are outnumbered by the AB supporters(who dislike Stapp) To make this more clear, I am not saying that all AB fans are like this. There are some who are like me, equal fans of Creed, AB and Stapp. Again, same thing with Stapp supporters, not all of them dislike AB. Some of them love AB as much as they loved Creed and as much as they love Stapp. We're talking musically, not personally. The real bickering seems to be going on between the AB supporters(or people who dislike Stapp) and the Stapp supporters(or the people who dislike AB) Because of this bickering, a thread like this thread has grown to three pages of disagreement and people questioning others opinions. Like others have said, Stapp has made a great number of mistakes in his personal life. I'm sure Mark, Philips and Marshall have also made some mistakes, maybe not as many as Stapp, maybe not any that have been in the public spotlight, but they definitely aren't saints. Lead Singers in bands seem to get the most public attention out of everyone in the band, both good and bad attention. This has happened to Stapp. If he gets in a fight at a bar, it'll be front page in the entertainment section. If he has a bad performance at a concert and gets sued, it'll be front page in the entertainment section. If he gets arrested for speeding, it'll be front page in the entertainment section. See my point? The media seems to dwell on the negative things. He was the lead singer of arguably the biggest Rock band on the planet from 1999-2002. So everything that happened to him, personally and professionally, was very well publicized. I feel kinda sorry for Stapp, because no matter what good he does, there will always be people who hate on him.

To close, I'd like to thank Steve for running such a great fan site and running some very good forums. The forum diplomats do a great job on here as well. Peace

rabidgopher04
12-11-2004, 11:59 AM
I think Stapp should have enlisted these guys: http://www.metronights.com/clients/artists/live/tribute/my_sacrifice/

Trimontana
12-11-2004, 12:15 PM
I think Stapp should have enlisted these guys: http://www.metronights.com/clients/artists/live/tribute/my_sacrifice/

Nice find.....LOL :D You guys have to listen to the Demos!!!!

I though the guy was the real Stapp......but the one who prettends to be TREMO....nothing to do with the real one...

And actually this guy...the fake Stapp sings better that Stapp does right now....oooooooooppppppppsssss :rolleyes: ...i am ready for the critics....i see them coming...is that a bomb??? :D

titan9
12-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Now THAT is hilarious!:D That guy does look like Stapp. I haven't listened to the demos, but I will just to see how much he sounds like Stapp. The other guys, though...they don't really look like anyone else from Creed, lol. If this fake Stapp does sing better than the real Stapp, well, it's probably because he didn't have to go through the relentless touring schedules that Scott has.

Chase
12-11-2004, 03:56 PM
lol Actually that band could probably play Creed's music better than goneblind. That's hilarious.

titan9
12-11-2004, 09:34 PM
You're probably right. I'd imagine Goneblind is juggling playing their own music, being Scott's backing band for his solo album and playing the occasional Creed song whereas this tribute band is probably just focusing on playing Creed songs. Like I said, I'll have to download those cover songs and see how good they sound.

Torn Signs
12-12-2004, 01:41 AM
The background music is okay, but I listened to one track song and I can't take the singer. He doesn't give me the same effect as it does with Stapp...

rabidgopher04
12-12-2004, 02:03 AM
I think they do the music fairly well. The singing is different, but it's still decent. Unfortunately this band just played its farewell show.

creedlvr
12-12-2004, 11:34 PM
I don't remember hearing that it was definite that Gone Blind was going to be Scott's backing band. Is this for sure?

titan9
12-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Well, since they were the ones at the Nascar awards and since the Tea Party aren't working with Scott anymore, I guess everyone figures it'll be Gone Blind. But like you said, nobody has 100% confirmed it. Perhaps if Wind Up got off their lazy butts and created a full Scott Stapp site, maybe we'd know?

RMadd
12-14-2004, 06:38 PM
wait... is My Sacrifice based out of St. Louis or something? I'll download the free tracks, give 'em a listen... but I would certainly hope a Creed cover band would do better than a shitty backing band

RMadd
12-14-2004, 07:20 PM
listened to My Sacrifice (the song)... it seemed a bit slow.....

titan9
12-14-2004, 09:19 PM
I still have to DL their version of MOP to see how it is.

cariocawlad
12-20-2004, 06:54 AM
In my opinion Scott made a decent show. He is singing in a different way, forcing less his voice. We can see it on Relearn Love. The band is not bad, they aren't Tremonti & cia, but still was a decent presentation. I think its all gonna be better when they play his solo thing...but, with all these things happen, Scott using Creed songs...I will not be surprised if he continue with Creed with this guys for backband. Axel did it with Guns n' Roses...

titan9
12-20-2004, 10:58 AM
I honestly feel like when he does release his solo album, he'll focus entirely on that. Right now, he hasn't released any solo song except Relearn Love, so there isn't much to promote there. But with the Creed greatest hits CD recently coming out, and Stapp being the only one willing to promote it, he's got Creed to promote and he's doing that by singing Higher, WAWO Etc. Like I've said, I do not like the idea of him singing Creed songs, but I've come to accept the fact and still support him as a solo artist. His voice is still pretty good, maybe not as good as the MOP days, but pretty good nonetheless and I am looking forward to his solo career. He's still got it on a vocals, judging by Relearn Love and his performance of Higher, and he's probably still got it lyrically as well. Hopefully in March we'll see how good his solo stuff is.

tremonti4life04
12-20-2004, 12:02 PM
hey, i have an acoustic version of With Arms Wide Open that I did if you want to hear it, i messed up the guitar slightly in one part , but i played it on my 12 string, it doesnt sound bad tho. If you want to hear it, PM me or get me on aol instant messenger at beerbobkegpants and ill send it to you over direct connect.

titan9
12-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Hey, I'd be interested in hearing it. Could you send it to me through yousendit.com? My email is game6902@yahoo.com.

tremonti4life04
12-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey, i sent it. Its not as good as i normally do it, i had to sing it and play it at the same time on my 12 string, i dubbed the solo over the one part and tried cleaning it up a little, so you can hear a little bit of the slap that the pick makes on the strings.

creedlvr
12-21-2004, 03:14 PM
I honestly feel like when he does release his solo album, he'll focus entirely on that. Right now, he hasn't released any solo song except Relearn Love, so there isn't much to promote there. But with the Creed greatest hits CD recently coming out, and Stapp being the only one willing to promote it, he's got Creed to promote and he's doing that by singing Higher, WAWO Etc. Like I've said, I do not like the idea of him singing Creed songs, but I've come to accept the fact and still support him as a solo artist. His voice is still pretty good, maybe not as good as the MOP days, but pretty good nonetheless and I am looking forward to his solo career. He's still got it on a vocals, judging by Relearn Love and his performance of Higher, and he's probably still got it lyrically as well. Hopefully in March we'll see how good his solo stuff is.
I couldn't agree more.