Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Important question. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Important question.

Lechium
11-21-2004, 10:45 PM
If there was one amendment you could add to US Constitution, what would it be?

I would add something like:

People who run to any political office are allowed to recieve contributions for their campaign only in portions of n*minimum hourly wage (so it scales with inflation) per person, per year. Any violators would become illegible to run for any plitical post ever.

Among other things (weakening of corporate lobbying) this will help 3rd parties A LOT.

What would you add?

P.S. keep it realistic, please.

fluttergirl
11-22-2004, 04:14 PM
That there be some kind of compentency test that ALL voters must take, ensuring that they KNOW who each candidate it, their platform, their views, and that they arent voting blindly. Classes should be offered by the government at community colleges or high schools to educate people about politics.

Xterminator27
11-22-2004, 06:12 PM
That there be some kind of compentency test that ALL voters must take, ensuring that they KNOW who each candidate it, their platform, their views, and that they arent voting blindly. .

........... thats impossible on so many levels.

fluttergirl
11-23-2004, 01:07 AM
The question wasnt if it was impossible
it was if we could add anything
if i could i would
period
and would you like to embelish, perhaps, or offer something (serious) of your own?
cuz otherwise thats just shitty to pop in and criticize someones views for no reasons.

JulieCitySlicker
11-23-2004, 05:19 PM
The question wasnt if it was impossible
it was if we could add anything
if i could i would
period
and would you like to embelish, perhaps, or offer something (serious) of your own?
cuz otherwise thats just shitty to pop in and criticize someones views for no reasons.
Thats just Lech for ya ;) He thinks his opinion is gold and everyone elses is shit :rolleyes:

fluttergirl
11-23-2004, 05:23 PM
lol
actually
that was X

JulieCitySlicker
11-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Same difference :D

Said Eyes
11-24-2004, 02:26 AM
That there be some kind of compentency test that ALL voters must take, ensuring that they KNOW who each candidate it, their platform, their views, and that they arent voting blindly. Classes should be offered by the government at community colleges or high schools to educate people about politics.
Stupid people have the same right to vote as anyone; how else would GWB win an election?! Badum-ching! :D

fluttergirl
11-24-2004, 02:49 AM
Actually.
That was more of a reference to the idiots that went out on election day and voted for Kerry, not knowing anything about him, voting for him just because he wasnt Bush, and ppl who actually think Bush is a horrible president, and ruining our economy. If they were actually studied, there would be a lot more capable people in office, and such a policy would make politicians a little more honest, or at least make them work a little harder to gain and retain any office.