Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
i have the greatest hits [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : i have the greatest hits

aussiecreeder
11-21-2004, 09:47 PM
although this package is a bit of a letdown i am a completist and i did want the videos and these live performances. i haven't had a chance to watch the DVD component yet but i have listened to the songs. they don't appear to have being changed at all. the artwork isn't done by dan tremonti (as you may have guessed) but is basically stuff we've already seen but it looks alright.

heinzel
11-22-2004, 03:35 AM
I'm not gonna buy it. it's all shit i allready have.

JulieCitySlicker
11-22-2004, 02:17 PM
I probably won't ever buy it either :)

The Lithium
11-22-2004, 03:07 PM
although this package is a bit of a letdown i am a completist and i did want the videos and these live performances. i haven't had a chance to watch the DVD component yet but i have listened to the songs. they don't appear to have being changed at all. the artwork isn't done by dan tremonti (as you may have guessed) but is basically stuff we've already seen but it looks alright.
Actually dude, Torn is 10 sec longer

luvscott4ever
11-22-2004, 03:35 PM
I wasn't going to get it either, but Circuit City is going to have it for $8.99!!!
Now that's a deal I CAN'T PASS UP!!
I'd also like to have the "real" videos...I have some I downloaded off the internet, so I want the "quality" that the DVD will provide!!! :D

Higher_Desire
11-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Dude, did you pre-order it with the expensive delivery?? I went the cheap route and it will come within the next few days or so.

LOL. My friends are so sick of hearing me tell them it's coming out tomorrow. :D

H-D :pimp:

Dani
11-23-2004, 12:32 AM
I bought mine today. I like the lyrics booklet as it has some nice pics but other than that there isn't much else that we haven't seen before.

One thing I did notice was that in What's this life for, the 'damn' in god damn score is censored, which really annoys me. The song isn't the same without it.

The DVD is Ok but it just leaves you craving for a full live concert DVD :(

jammy123
11-23-2004, 06:13 AM
u mean to say that there are no surprise behind the scenes videos or anything?????....man that suckks!!

rabidgopher04
11-23-2004, 12:00 PM
I bought mine today. I like the lyrics booklet as it has some nice pics but other than that there isn't much else that we haven't seen before.

One thing I did notice was that in What's this life for, the 'damn' in god damn score is censored, which really annoys me. The song isn't the same without it.

The DVD is Ok but it just leaves you craving for a full live concert DVD :(

Did you buy it at Walmart?

RMadd
11-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Did you buy it at Walmart?yeah, that could be why. wal-mart's gay-ass censorship bullshit. pisses me off. the other day, when eminem's "encore" came out, they had a shelf full of the edited versions (since they don't sell albums w/ explicit lyrics). i wonder how many songs are on that one :rolleyes:

chafin24
11-23-2004, 03:18 PM
does anyone have a scanner to scan the liner notes or what it says, and possibly some of the pictures.

thanks

Dani
11-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Did you buy it at Walmart?

I'm in Australia, it came out a couple of days before the US. I'm pretty sure Handmedown is an Aussie as well. If anyone has the American copy, I would love to know if it is censored as well. It would be really strange to me if it is just the Aussie version that is censored, then I really know my country is going backwards :)

aussiecreeder
11-23-2004, 07:11 PM
if the aussie version is censored then the american one would be as well considering our censorship laws are not as tight. i'm guessing there is no aussie version and we have the same package. i could see a marked difference in scott's voice from the torn and higher performances and the weathered one.

Xterminator27
11-23-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm not gonna buy it. it's all shit i allready have.

This man speaks the truth

NoReasonToHide
11-23-2004, 09:53 PM
They really should have put more tracks on this album. Even if this CD is more for the casual fan than the more serious one, the casual fans should get to here the brilliance of Creed's non-radio songs too.

This would be my track listing if I was in charge of this project (note: these are not all of my favorite Creed songs...I am trying to play the role of marketing guy here):

1--My Own Prison
2--Torn
3--What's This Life For
4--One
5--Ode
6--Higher
7--What If
8--With Arms Wide Open
9--Are You Ready
10--Faceless Man
11--Inside Us All
12--My Sacrifice
13--Bullets
14--One Last Breath
15--Weathered
16--To Whom It May Concern
17--Riders On The Storm

That might be too big for one CD, but it's all pretend anyway :-) I would be happy to publish that CD right there.

aussiecreeder
11-24-2004, 04:14 AM
They really should have put more tracks on this album. Even if this CD is more for the casual fan than the more serious one, the casual fans should get to here the brilliance of Creed's non-radio songs too.

This would be my track listing if I was in charge of this project (note: these are not all of my favorite Creed songs...I am trying to play the role of marketing guy here):

1--My Own Prison
2--Torn
3--What's This Life For
4--One
5--Ode
6--Higher
7--What If
8--With Arms Wide Open
9--Are You Ready
10--Faceless Man
11--Inside Us All
12--My Sacrifice
13--Bullets
14--One Last Breath
15--Weathered
16--To Whom It May Concern
17--Riders On The Storm

That might be too big for one CD, but it's all pretend anyway :-) I would be happy to publish that CD right there.

when the rest of the band (ie not just stapp) are happy to put something out in a couple of years i hope they put on those door covers and the b-sides and rare stuff. they would sell more copies of the greatest hits if they put a better package together.

rabidgopher04
11-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Ok, a few things about this Greatest Hits thing...

- Torn is the same length as the album version

- WTLF is censored. I bought mine at Best Buy and they never censor music.

I haven't reviewed the DVD stuff yet, but I hope it is good quality.

Muad'Dib
11-29-2004, 05:22 AM
Saw it in stores today, considered buying it, but really its nothing I havent seen already.

Torn Daredevil
11-29-2004, 11:04 AM
It is nice to have all the music videos. Definately worth it. The fact that many of you are such cheap asses is really annoying.

RMadd
11-29-2004, 12:37 PM
i bought it, partially b/c it was only $9.99 @ Best Buy.... as for WTLF, it appears to be the radio edit of the song, w/ the "god" edited out, as well having only 3 repetitions of "but they ain't here anymore, don't have to settle no ___damn score"

rabidgopher04
11-29-2004, 10:49 PM
as well having only 3 repetitions
that's how the album version is.

RMadd
11-30-2004, 01:29 AM
no it's not, the album version plays it 4x, the radio edit only 3x

Muad'Dib
11-30-2004, 04:43 AM
It is nice to have all the music videos. Definately worth it. The fact that many of you are such cheap asses is really annoying.

Cheap ass? I dont exactly earn a shitload of cash, imo im better off keeping my money for new material, something I havent heard/seen already, hopefully a live DVD or unreleased songs.

bgivens33
12-01-2004, 08:15 PM
i saw it at walmart and laughed... if you are going to come out with a greatest hits cd you have to change at least SOMETHING up. pearl jams remixed 3 songs and had a bunch of b-sides and singles on it, stuff that i didn't have yet. this release was just silly.

Dogstar
12-01-2004, 08:27 PM
as for WTLF, it appears to be the radio edit of the song, w/ the "god" edited out, as well having only 3 repetitions of "but they ain't here anymore, don't have to settle no ___damn score"
Grrr, that just pisses me off to no end.

hayley
12-01-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm getting Greatest Hits as a birthday/christmas present, and it can wait until then. I think I will be abit dissapointed with the musical CD, because it's got everything I already have, so I will get sick of it easily, but I can't wait to see the DVD, I only have like 3 or 4 Creed videos on tape, so to get this on DVD is awesome. :D

I was also really suprised that this album was released in New Zealand, will be interesting to see how the sales go

NoReasonToHide
12-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Hayley,

Completely unrelated to Creed, but good job putting new U2 lyrics down as your signature. I like LOPOE a lot...I think "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" is my favorite so far off of HTDAAB.

Long live U2! I thought Creed would stand alongside them as leaders in rock music, but at least U2 is still keeping it going strong!

NeedforCreed
12-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Got the same idea. If Creed's name is on it, then I wanted it. I just got it and haven't had a chance to get that much into it except scan over it. It would have been nice with a live video, going about an hour. Can only hope. If you're a hard core Creed fan, you need to get this.