Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
If AB doesn't make a Video for "Find the real", it will be a mistake. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : If AB doesn't make a Video for "Find the real", it will be a mistake.

DekWannaBFlea
11-18-2004, 03:32 AM
IMO, if Alter bridge doesn't make a video for companies like VH1 and yahoo to play it will hurt the success. I realize that the radio powers what people listen to but just think if a cool video is made. The popularity of AB would increase soooo much. So IMO it is a bad move.

jammy123
11-18-2004, 04:14 AM
yeah man.....not making a video will definately hamper their success.....

Trimontana
11-18-2004, 04:47 AM
I think it won't video for FTR for sure but i thik this is Wind-Up fault. One of the reasons why it won't video is cus of the $$$$$$ of the video. If Wind-Up doesn't worry about AB who's going to be. I am sure they don't have the record company support that they deserve. And a live video it won't be expensive at all. My heart brokes everytime i read a concert review and check that the only person supporting the guys 24/7 is Michael: he records the gigs and make the guys promotion. I mean we care about them and if there isn't video for that single - or maybe no more videos- i will keeping supporting them. But it will be a huge mistake cus i think radio stations don't have power anymore. The most of the people i know doesn't listen to the radio - i don't- so the problem with that is the future sales of the album and catch some more fans into AB. I don't know how easy it broke up a record company contract, but if i was the guys i will try to get a deal with another record company. I am sure loats of them will be more supporting than Wind-Up.

RMadd
11-18-2004, 06:42 AM
maybe we all should get together and petition wind-up to finally not suck!

Trimontana
11-18-2004, 09:45 AM
maybe we all should get together and petition wind-up to finally not suck!

I am with you!!!

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2004, 10:22 AM
I know they shot FTR at Kimmel too. They could at least release this one, but I dunno the issues it might bring, since it's a third part show.

The Lithium
11-18-2004, 11:39 AM
I can't see a reason why not to shoot a video.

Trimontana
11-18-2004, 11:42 AM
I can't see a reason why not to shoot a video.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maybe isn't enough reason for us...but for a lot of them is it. Shame on them!!! Bastards :mad1:

Higher_Desire
11-18-2004, 01:58 PM
I don't think they'd be stupid enough to not make a video. Just look at all the stuff that they (and largely by that I mean Creed) wanted to do, but Wind-Up found a problem with?

Alter Bridge: Smart enough to make a video
Wind-Up: To stupid to promote their artists

H-D :pimp:

RMadd
11-18-2004, 03:10 PM
maybe i'm just missing something here, but what's so special about FTR that they just absolutely need to make a video for it? i'm not saying it shouldn't be done, but i feel as though i'm not quite seeing all y'all's exact pov's here.

Agent D
11-18-2004, 04:20 PM
maybe i'm just missing something here, but what's so special about FTR that they just absolutely need to make a video for it? i'm not saying it shouldn't be done, but i feel as though i'm not quite seeing all y'all's exact pov's here.

Because they need a video so they can promote themselves and get out on the charts and so there's at least one decent video on VH1's countdown.

Torn Daredevil
11-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Now that I've put some thought into it, there's no real reason for them do a video for FTR. VH1 isn't gonna play that hard of a song very often anyway; they're mostly top 20 material (Broken Wings anybody???). I may be mistaken, but did the video for "What If" ever get much play? FTR is a great song to be a hit on rock radio stations and get rock fans interested, but not much else. And who knows, maybe they're gonna hold off and put 2x the money and energy into the video for the third single. I'd be fine with that. The only real reason for them to do a video for FTR is to make the hardcore fans (us) happy, but I don't think that's reason enough. It is a business after all.

Xterminator27
11-18-2004, 05:01 PM
The video for What IF was #1 on Muchmusic countdown for 3 weeks in a row

Muchmusic sucks now, but thats probly because most new music sucks now

RMadd
11-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Muchmusic sucks now, but thats probly because most new music sucks nowyep yep

DekWannaBFlea
11-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Now that I've put some thought into it, there's no real reason for them do a video for FTR. VH1 isn't gonna play that hard of a song very often anyway; they're mostly top 20 material (Broken Wings anybody???). I may be mistaken, but did the video for "What If" ever get much play? FTR is a great song to be a hit on rock radio stations and get rock fans interested, but not much else. And who knows, maybe they're gonna hold off and put 2x the money and energy into the video for the third single. I'd be fine with that. The only real reason for them to do a video for FTR is to make the hardcore fans (us) happy, but I don't think that's reason enough. It is a business after all.

You are missing a couple points.......

1. You forget stations like Fuse who play videos all of the time. People will begin to like it more and more. Velvert revolver's slither wasn't a "popy" song yet it was very very popular among a lot of people. Think about the older people too, they will love AB's Find the real because it has that 70's rock feel to it.

2. A video doesn't cost that much to do.....If Wind up won't pay for it then why can't the band?

3. Even if it isn't popular, why not just do it for the "harcore" fans? It would be worth the money.

Torn Daredevil
11-18-2004, 10:29 PM
You are missing a couple points.......

1. You forget stations like Fuse who play videos all of the time. People will begin to like it more and more. Velvert revolver's slither wasn't a "popy" song yet it was very very popular among a lot of people. Think about the older people too, they will love AB's Find the real because it has that 70's rock feel to it.

2. A video doesn't cost that much to do.....If Wind up won't pay for it then why can't the band?

3. Even if it isn't popular, why not just do it for the "harcore" fans? It would be worth the money.You're wrong on a couple of those. Bands pay for the videos. The labels have nothing to do with the videos. Why, you ask? No one really knows, that's just the way it's always been. And videos do cost a lot.

Secondly, they're not gonna make a video to please a few thousand people, and they shouldn't. That's just stupid.

And Fuse isn't real popular, at least yet.

DekWannaBFlea
11-19-2004, 03:06 AM
You're wrong on a couple of those. Bands pay for the videos. The labels have nothing to do with the videos. Why, you ask? No one really knows, that's just the way it's always been. And videos do cost a lot.

Secondly, they're not gonna make a video to please a few thousand people, and they shouldn't. That's just stupid.

And Fuse isn't real popular, at least yet.

no the label pays for the video, and no its not stupid, if your fans want to do it why not?

Fuse still has listeners and if they like the song then they will tell their friends and whey will tell their friends, etc etc.

aussiecreeder
11-19-2004, 04:54 AM
no the label pays for the video, and no its not stupid, if your fans want to do it why not?

Fuse still has listeners and if they like the song then they will tell their friends and whey will tell their friends, etc etc.

why make a video simply to please the fans who will never leave you anyway? videos are there to attract new fans, perhaps they can make a video for the next single which will probably be down to my last or ILM.

Torn Daredevil
11-19-2004, 09:50 AM

Fuse still has listeners and if they like the song then they will tell their friends and whey will tell their friends, etc etc.The band pays for the video. This has been documented on MTV, VH1, and threads on this very BB. Educate yourself. And it's a business. They shouldn't risk losing money to please a few thousand fans. You are acting pretty selfishly.

WhatsUrCreed
11-19-2004, 02:22 PM
As much as AB "loves to play music for music's sake" they are gonna find themselves running out of money and fast! Creed became so massive because of the advertising and of course, THE MASSIVE STADIUM CONCERTS! If AB cant afford a video and doesnt have the support from their label...I can only see them going downhill from here...

Bridge of Clay
11-19-2004, 03:04 PM
I think the point of having a video for FTR is that it's a kick ass harder song that will step the band away from Creed comparissons. People need to see it as a new thing and not as a "Stapp got the boots" thing, so to say.

Specially coz they're considering to release Broken Wings/ ILM/ DTML later and those are Creed-like songs.

IMO, they should replace Broken Wings for ODR... Coz if BW goes to radio, the intro and the outro will be cut off...

Agent D
11-19-2004, 03:12 PM
I think the point of having a video for FTR is that it's a kick ass harder song that will step the band away from Creed comparissons. People need to see it as a new thing and not as a "Stapp got the boots" thing, so to say.

Specially coz they're considering to release Broken Wings/ ILM/ DTML later and those are Creed-like songs.

IMO, they should replace Broken Wings for ODR... Coz if BW goes to radio, the intro and the outro will be cut off...

Amen, Marcos. We need a vid for FTR.

Disillusioned
11-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Video's are released for the purpose of increasing album sales and are part of the over-all marketing scheme. Initially, the label pays for the video just as they do everything else that pertains to recording, distributing, and marketing. The recording industry is a business first and foremost, and basically, what a label does is "front" the money...in the end, the band (if they are going to continue releasing albums), must reimburse the record label for all monies spent on their behalf. Only then, does a band begin to see a profit from album sales.

If a band does not sell enough albums and if it looks like the cost already invested can not be recouped further down the road, the band is dropped from the label and the label is "out" the money it invested.

With Alter Bridge having Gold certification on albums shipped, that means the label paid to distribute at least 500,000 copies (probably more)...Alter Bridge has yet to sell 500,000 (on 500,000 shipped, somewhere around that 250,000 mark is where the label breaks even)...at this point, the label's priority is recouping what it's already invested and it may not see the making of a video for FTR as a means to an end. Concert footage is the cheapest way to make a video but it still requires money, not to mention time in the editing room and with the band in the middle of a tour, the band itself does not have the time to do that themselves.

Speaking of a tour, that's how bands make their money...through touring. Although I would have loved to seen a video for FTR, at this point and time the tour is, and needs to be, the focus for Alter Bridge. Just my 2 cents ;)

Soundslave
11-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Although I would like to see a video for FTR, I agree with some of you that this song is not their priority. FTR will not attract the masses... only the rock "purists" will be attracted to AB through this song.

And even though I'd like to see ODR or TEIH as the 3rd single, I really feel that ILM, BW, or DTML has to be the single. Pop stations would eat up ILM, and that would make the band quite a bit in record sales. One of these songs really should be the next single, and it will need a good video.

In my opinion, once AB gets a song in rotation on a pop station, they will really take off.

Steve
11-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Hellboy, can you please post a link where it says bands pay for videos?

DekWannaBFlea
11-20-2004, 02:05 AM
God forbid that we attract "rock" purists. The fact is that If you want to attract more people you you gave to give them a video. Why not take a chance and release a kickass video with a kickass song? Rock stations around the country would be more likely to play the song because people actually have heard it on TV and want to hear it again. If you release songs with no video (i.e. Are you ready?) it is unlikely to get popular.
Wind up needs to allow AB to follow the direction of being a hard rock band and not worry how many people that our outside the rcok world will view it. A live video of AB wouldn't cost shit, and defintely worth the money even if it doesn't do that well. We live in a age of if a song doesn't have a video fans might as well never hear it again on the radio becuase videos attract people to the song. (I know it is sad, but its true). And what better way of promote the tour as well? When i saw's creeds video from my own prison i wanted to go to a concert even though i wasn't a fan.

(P.S. The record company generally pays for the video, even if that isn't true its not like Tremonti and Flip couldn't afford it. The advantages of releasing a video out weigh the negative)

Alter Shredder
11-20-2004, 07:33 AM
Video's are released for the purpose of increasing album sales and are part of the over-all marketing scheme. Initially, the label pays for the video just as they do everything else that pertains to recording, distributing, and marketing. The recording industry is a business first and foremost, and basically, what a label does is "front" the money...in the end, the band (if they are going to continue releasing albums), must reimburse the record label for all monies spent on their behalf. Only then, does a band begin to see a profit from album sales.

If a band does not sell enough albums and if it looks like the cost already invested can not be recouped further down the road, the band is dropped from the label and the label is "out" the money it invested.

With Alter Bridge having Gold certification on albums shipped, that means the label paid to distribute at least 500,000 copies (probably more)...Alter Bridge has yet to sell 500,000 (on 500,000 shipped, somewhere around that 250,000 mark is where the label breaks even)...at this point, the label's priority is recouping what it's already invested and it may not see the making of a video for FTR as a means to an end. Concert footage is the cheapest way to make a video but it still requires money, not to mention time in the editing room and with the band in the middle of a tour, the band itself does not have the time to do that themselves.

Speaking of a tour, that's how bands make their money...through touring. Although I would have loved to seen a video for FTR, at this point and time the tour is, and needs to be, the focus for Alter Bridge. Just my 2 cents ;)
ok this is a side note but if ab sold roughly 150 to 200 thousand in the first 3 weeks or so....and the record company ceritfied them gold back then....then wouldnt that mean that now that they have gold certification from the riaa, many months later, that they have actually sold 500,000 copies?

Trimontana
11-20-2004, 08:03 AM
God forbid that we attract "rock" purists. The fact is that If you want to attract more people you you gave to give them a video. Why not take a chance and release a kickass video with a kickass song? Rock stations around the country would be more likely to play the song because people actually have heard it on TV and want to hear it again. If you release songs with no video (i.e. Are you ready?) it is unlikely to get popular.
Wind up needs to allow AB to follow the direction of being a hard rock band and not worry how many people that our outside the rcok world will view it. A live video of AB wouldn't cost shit, and defintely worth the money even if it doesn't do that well. We live in a age of if a song doesn't have a video fans might as well never hear it again on the radio becuase videos attract people to the song. (I know it is sad, but its true). And what better way of promote the tour as well? When i saw's creeds video from my own prison i wanted to go to a concert even though i wasn't a fan.

(P.S. The record company generally pays for the video, even if that isn't true its not like Tremonti and Flip couldn't afford it. The advantages of releasing a video out weigh the negative)

I couldn't be more agree with you. I think you capted what i had in mind and posted, so basicly i don't have anything else to say.

Torn Daredevil
11-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Hellboy, can you please post a link where it says bands pay for videos?I'll look for a link, but I thought this was common knowledge. Look through threads concerning videos or watch a Making the Video on MTV. This has been said in many of them that I have watched including Kanye West and Green Day. E-mail a label if ya want. Bands finance the videos. I was just as surprised as you to learn this.

benkenobi
11-21-2004, 02:56 PM
I think the biggest problem with making a video for FTR right now is simply Alter Bridge finding time out of their touring schedule and holidays to make one. It would be nice if it happened though. I think if it could happen it would be a live video, which wouldn't be bad at all.

Trimontana
11-21-2004, 03:21 PM
A live video i think will satisfied everyone...just look at Disturbed videos...they have at least 3 live videos...and i love them!!! But i don't think it will be one for FTR....shame

XenoN
11-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Ok, time for my two cents.

One thing everyone needs to consider is that the band may not have time to make a video right now. With Myles being sick and the immense amount of tour dates (and the fact that they're in Europe), there's not a lot of time for a video. These guys are constantly on the go.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see the video, and even a live video would work for Find the Real. Nickelback's "Never Again" had such a huge story behind it, and the video for it ended up just being a live video.

If Wind Up has anything to do with holding back the making of a video, I'd have to say it's because they're too wound up (no pun intended) in pushing the Creed Greatest Hits album (which, IMO, is almost a waste. It's a good thing it comes with a DVD because everyone has all THREE creed albums anyway, and the greater half of the greatest hits is from Weathered anyway). It may be a stupid thing to say that Wind Up put off making a video to release a compilation (which may just be me venting on the CD anyway... ;)

I believe that Find the Real is a terrific song to release as a second single for a few reasons. Now that there's a bit of attention on the radio waves, other people who shelved AB for being "too Creed" will realize that AB kicks much more ass and shouldn't just a book by it's cover. A video should be made because there are still people whose major source of music knowledge still lies in the boob tube.

I'm not too entirely worked up about it, because On Broken Wings will definitely be the next single (ILM is too emotional of a song for AB's radio image - same reason why Creed released WAWO instead of "Wash Away Those Years" off of Human Clay. On the other hand, people seem to enjoy songs like Evanescence's "My Immortal", so who knows), and there WILL be a video for it, hands down. If there isn't, whoever's in charge of that will be shot and dragged behind the tour bus. :D

DekWannaBFlea
11-22-2004, 02:29 AM
But i don't see why it is such a big deal to just record a them play live and slap it to the album track. You can do that in a day. It won't take much time at all.

Meh what do I know? I just really want them to break out and become popular among a lot of rock fans. I just think they could do something so badass for this song.

cariocawlad
11-22-2004, 01:44 PM
In my opinion, the time is now for they make a big move and become a more popular band. This is the perfect song and a badass video could take them to a higher stage.
Look velvet Revolver and the Falling Pieces video: It's a polemic video that catches the Rock fans's atention to it. Wake up boys and make a video!!

P.S.: Where are Michael when we need him?

RockGoddess
11-23-2004, 02:49 PM
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but things look very good for a FTR video. That's from Michael Tremonti as of Nov. 20th.

Disillusioned
11-23-2004, 02:55 PM
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but things look very good for a FTR video. That's from Michael Tremonti as of Nov. 20th.
Yeah I read that over at the alterbridgeband board and as I said over there, I would think that if FTR shows promise on the radio, it will increase the likely-hood of a video release *crosses fingers* According to Media Base (which tracks radio spins), FTR is already at #29 on the Rock chart and #35 on the Active Rock chart :jam: ...sounds promising to me :)

Wylde-Tremonti
11-23-2004, 07:40 PM
P.S.: Where are Michael when we need him?
On a Tour Bus!!! lol...

OK... so here's what i'm thinking...

Compromise... Instead of a "Music Video"... Alter Bridge should do a Live Concert on Fuse like many other bands have done... That was they won't have to worry about taking time off of tour (fuse would just tape one of their shows on their tour) and people would see Alter Bridge in the Best way possible... LIVE.
Alter Bridge's greatest attribute (like creed) is their LIVE show.

DekWannaBFlea
11-24-2004, 04:01 AM

Thank you, I am glad that they are considering a video for it. I have heard nothin but good things from people! :)

AndrewFromABRox
11-24-2004, 11:45 AM
HAs this song been released to the radio yet??

Trees of Wisdom
11-25-2004, 03:39 PM
I want to see if FTR has made it onto the billboard charts. I'm checking by the minute since it's Thursday and billboard updates its site.