Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Oh Shit, Scott Did Not Just Say That... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Oh Shit, Scott Did Not Just Say That...

Torn Daredevil
10-18-2004, 12:46 AM
In that Open House Party interview, Scott said he is going to be playing Creed's greatest hits along with his new stuff live in concert, "so it's not like Creed is even going anywhere..." He also said his new album "may even sound like Creed released a new album."

OMG. WOW. That is not the right thing to say, Scott. Please shut up. You are digging yourself a deeper hole every minute.

I could not believe he said that.

http://www.passionbreedsfollowers.c...erviews/OHP.zip

THAT HAS GOT TO PISS SOMEBODY OTHER THAN ME OFF!

Torn Daredevil
10-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TeriB19
10-18-2004, 05:53 AM
I so hope this doesn't turn into another 'Beach Boys' fight. It would suck if Stapp decided to keep the Creed name like the members of the Beach Boys did, and tour as Creed with nothing similar to Creed except the lead singer. That would so totally suck.

StillACreedFan
10-18-2004, 06:52 AM
In that Open House Party interview, Scott said he is going to be playing Creed's greatest hits along with his new stuff live in concert, "so it's not like Creed is even going anywhere..." He also said his new album "may even sound like Creed released a new album."

OMG. WOW. That is not the right thing to say, Scott. Please shut up. You are digging yourself a deeper hole every minute.

I could not believe he said that.

http://www.passionbreedsfollowers.c...erviews/OHP.zip

THAT HAS GOT TO PISS SOMEBODY OTHER THAN ME OFF!
What's the big deal? He wrote the songs for Creed, so it makes sense that his new songs are going to sound similar.

He definitely won't be keeping the name "Creed."

DekWannaBFlea
10-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Ummmmmmm Maybe because they aren't creed or something?

Steve
10-18-2004, 10:28 AM
What's the big deal? He wrote the songs for Creed, so it makes sense that his new songs are going to sound similar.

He definitely won't be keeping the name "Creed."

Didn't Mark write most of the music for Creed?

Dogstar
10-18-2004, 01:41 PM
That was my understanding, Steve, and Scott wrote most of the lyrics, right? He probably did the vocal melodies as well, but still, I can't imagine the music part of it sounding like Creed if Mark wrote the guitar parts. I kind of hope it doesn't. I would like to see him do something different...As long as it's not too poppy :D.

Shadow
10-18-2004, 02:06 PM
I so hope this doesn't turn into another 'Beach Boys' fight. It would suck if Stapp decided to keep the Creed name like the members of the Beach Boys did, and tour as Creed with nothing similar to Creed except the lead singer. That would so totally suck.
Teri, Scott is not going to go out on tour under the name Creed. He said he is going to be singing the songs he wrote. I actually got through to OHP and was able to talk to Scott. I asked him about playing Creed songs and he said "Why wouldn't I play that songs I wrote". That sums it up. I support his decision and can't wait to see him live again.

And as far as his solo CD sounding like Creed - well of couse it would - Scott's voice was the sound of Creed. He did say he is going to be doing some different things (like playing the piano).

Shadow
10-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Didn't Mark write most of the music for Creed?
Yes Steve, and Scott has always said that and he continues to say that. Scott said and I quote from his latest interview "Mark and I were co-songwriters in the band and he played guitar and I did the vocals and the lyrics and a lot of the arrangements."

This is just one example. Scott did numerous interviews last week and during each one he discussed Mark. Scott does not have a bad word to say about any of his old bandmates.

Torn Daredevil
10-18-2004, 04:47 PM
I don't think there is anything inherently WRONG with Scott performing Creed songs as a solo artist, I just think it doesn't show much class from his side of the table or scream out confidence in his new material...

Alter Bridge obviously has tons of confidence in their new material, enough to let it stand on its own. They don't feel they need to fall back on Creed to be liked or sell tickets...Their new material is good enough to do that.

creedlvr
10-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Yes, but also, I think AB probably knows that they couldn't get away with having Myles sing songs that people are used to hearing Scott's voice sing. It just wouldn't work.

fluttergirl
10-18-2004, 05:45 PM
I don't think it has so much to do with Myles not being able to, he's a professionally trained vocalist. Listen to sone Cosmic Dust or Citizen Swing or even Mayfield Four, he'd be able to sing it.
Basically, I think it's just wrong that this soon after the Creed breakup, instead of moving away from that past, Scott Stapp is still clinging to it. Tea Party (Isn't that the band he'll be with?) shouldn't be playing Creed songs, because they are not Creed, and for most fans, the Creed wound still hurts. If Stapp wants to play the acoustic of something like WAWO that is almost purely his, fine. But to use another band? It's wrong. Period. APC, VR, Audioslave, none of them did this, cuz they wanted their music to stand on it's own. I would have a lot more respect for Stapp if he would do the same. I have respect for AB and Myles not doing it.

Dogstar
10-18-2004, 05:46 PM
For once, I agree wtih you, creedlvr, about AB not being able to get away with doing Creed songs :D...But, I also agree with hellboy that it doesn't scream confidence in Scott's new stuff. I just wish they both would leave Creed behind for now. Maybe down the road, it wouldn't bother me so much, but right now, I wouldn't want AB or Scott playing/singing Creed songs.

creedlvr
10-18-2004, 05:52 PM
I am not saying Myles "can't" sing them. Obviously, we all know he has had vocal training. That is was not the point. The point I was making in saying that AB couldn't pull it off was that people just wouldn't be accepting of hearing any voice other than Scott's singing those songs. Scott can pull it off because with him singing, the songs would sound the same as they did with Creed. People recognize the voice and relate to it. They don't necessarily identify with who is playing the guitar (except for the die-hard guitar fans.) As long as the backing band plays the songs properly, the songs will sound the same. They won't with Myles (or anyone else) singing them.

creedlvr
10-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Oops! Dogstar, you beat me to the reply button. My response was meant for Fluttergirl.

I agree too, that it is probably in both their best interests to move on with their new stuff. I just hate to think that we will never hear those songs again (live anyway).

fluttergirl
10-18-2004, 07:11 PM
K. Well, I misunderstood you, I though you were saying he wasnt a baritone or something. Im not saying you would get the same thing from him, just that he could physically do it.
It wouldnt seem right to me if TP played Creed stuff...that's all, and im glad AB isnt. As much as I love Myles, its best to leave the Creed stuff to the Creed guys.

DekWannaBFlea
10-18-2004, 07:24 PM
I am not saying Myles "can't" sing them. Obviously, we all know he has had vocal training. That is was not the point. The point I was making in saying that AB couldn't pull it off was that people just wouldn't be accepting of hearing any voice other than Scott's singing those songs. Scott can pull it off because with him singing, the songs would sound the same as they did with Creed. People recognize the voice and relate to it. They don't necessarily identify with who is playing the guitar (except for the die-hard guitar fans.) As long as the backing band plays the songs properly, the songs will sound the same. They won't with Myles (or anyone else) singing them.

Wrong, that is just wrong. I notice people that are not hardcore guitar fans notice the guitar even more than the vocals. Plus i doubt who ever plays with scott won't sound the same as Tremonti and the gang. Effects/Guitars/Drums/Playin style/Bass stuff like that. Stop assuming that your point of view is the right one.

DangerousDan85
10-18-2004, 07:46 PM
APC, VR, Audioslave, none of them did this, cuz they wanted their music to stand on it's own. I would have a lot more respect for Stapp if he would do the same. I have respect for AB and Myles not doing it.

actually Velvet Revolver do perform a few STP and Guns and Roses songs at their shows

here's a setlist

01. Sucker Train Blues
02. Spectical
03. Headspace
04. Superhuman
05. Crackerman (STP cover)
06. Mr. Brownstone (GN'R cover)
07. Fall to Pieces
08. Big Machine
09. Illegal I
10. Do it for the Kids
11. Set Me Free
12. Used To Love Her (GN'R cover)
13. Sex Type Thing (STP cover)
14. It's So Easy (GN'R cover)
15. Slither
16. Negative Creep (NIRVANA cover)

Ann Allusion
10-18-2004, 07:50 PM
I don't think there is anything inherently WRONG with Scott performing Creed songs as a solo artist, I just think it doesn't show much class from his side of the table or scream out confidence in his new material...

well first off you are contridicting yourself with this comment...saying you don't see a problem with it...but it's classless and lacking confidence...and in my book, if that is how you see it, then it is WRONG in your eyes..and apparently in the eyes of a lot of other people.

Mark and stapp both worked on this music together in one way or another...Mark has chosen to distance himself from playing Creed music..because that is not what Alter Bridge is about...fine and dandy...stapp has chosen to support the CGH project (whether it is by his own choosing, or the labels, or both, as we, the public, are nothing more than spoonfed just enough information so we think we know something, when we really don't) and in turn will be singing some of the songs ALONG with his solo project.

THERE IS NO SHAME IN THIS, NOR IS THERE A LACK OF CONFIDENCE BEING SHOWN...

The only thing i see is a bunch of people that claimed at one time, to be Creed Fans and have taken it upon themselves to chastise, and at times become downright hateful about the choices that have been made...

why can't people just be patient...in the end it will all work out, and i have a feeling that many will be quite surprised, and others will realize that their premature judgements were unfounded...continuing to "gripe" about excutive decisions no one has control over accomplishes nothing.

again...just MY opinion...

fluttergirl
10-18-2004, 09:44 PM
actually Velvet Revolver do perform a few STP and Guns and Roses songs at their shows

here's a setlist

Ah. Well, i will be far more edjumacated in a few days, i get to see VR this sunday.... :D
This is the first I had heard of it, but as far as doing covers...i dunno. I think its just a time thing.

Shadow
10-18-2004, 09:48 PM
The only thing i see is a bunch of people that claimed at one time, to be Creed Fans and have taken it upon themselves to chastise, and at times become downright hateful about the choices that have been made...

why can't people just be patient...in the end it will all work out, and i have a feeling that many will be quite surprised, and others will realize that their premature judgements were unfounded...continuing to "gripe" about excutive decisions no one has control over accomplishes nothing.

I agree with you!

And as far as Scott not having confidence in his own material - that's a joke because he thinks just the opposite. He has already proven himself with Relearn Love - it's classic Scott all the way. No matter what Scott does - it will always sound like Creed because Scott was the voice of the band.

There is no reason whatsoever why he shouldn't sing the songs he wrote while in the band. I certainly would rather that then a cover song.

Bridge of Clay
10-18-2004, 11:41 PM
well... I believe Stapp is doing Creed songs coz:

1. he can't sing those new songs due contract issues
2. somone needs to promote the Greatest Hits album that's coming soon

that's how I see it

StillACreedFan
10-19-2004, 06:59 AM
well... I believe Stapp is doing Creed songs coz:

1. he can't sing those new songs due contract issues
2. somone needs to promote the Greatest Hits album that's coming soon

that's how I see it
Makes sense to me.

Steve
10-19-2004, 10:28 AM
He has already proven himself with Relearn Love - it's classic Scott all the way. No matter what Scott does - it will always sound like Creed because Scott was the voice of the band.

Relearn Love doesn't sound like Creed IMO. :)

TeriB19
10-19-2004, 11:41 AM
^^^^^^^^^ What he said.

DekWannaBFlea
10-19-2004, 01:21 PM

I agree, i almost fell asleep listening to Relearn love. No joke.....

creedlvr
10-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Wrong, that is just wrong. I notice people that are not hardcore guitar fans notice the guitar even more than the vocals. Plus i doubt who ever plays with scott won't sound the same as Tremonti and the gang. Effects/Guitars/Drums/Playin style/Bass stuff like that. Stop assuming that your point of view is the right one.
I totally disagree ... and yes ... that is MY opinion. I think you're the one assuming that your point of view is the right one. The bottom line is ... some would agree with me ... and some would agree with you.

Shadow
10-19-2004, 02:30 PM
I meant the lyrics and when you listen to his voice on certain words - it just reminds me so much of some of the songs he sang in Creed.

Trees of Wisdom
10-19-2004, 04:23 PM
I meant the lyrics and when you listen to his voice on certain words - it just reminds me so much of some of the songs he sang in Creed.

The song reminds you of Scott Stapp because it's Scott Stapp, but that's it. It sounds nothing at all like Creed.

Torn Daredevil
10-19-2004, 05:06 PM
The song reminds you of Scott Stapp because it's Scott Stapp, but that's it. It sounds nothing at all like Creed.

Ditto

Ann Allusion
10-19-2004, 05:12 PM
I don't believe that by singing these songs stapp is trying to "be" Creed, that assumption is something that disgruntled, once Creed/now AB fans have chosen to labeled it....

he is BEING himself...SCOTT STAPP...singing songs he contributed to the experience that was Creed...that is not a sign of disrespect to anyone in my eyes...

Why must everyone think so negativily about his singing them, instead of seeing that so many people miss hearing these meaningful tunes performed live...and he has chosen to bring that wish for some fans to life?

I'm sure that when he goes on tour there will be a BALANCE between what was old and what is new...and the outcome will be quite pleasing... :)

fluttergirl
10-19-2004, 06:30 PM
I don't believe that by singing these songs stapp is trying to "be" Creed, that assumption is something that disgruntled, once Creed/now AB fans have chosen to labeled it....

he is BEING himself...SCOTT STAPP...singing songs he contributed to the experience that was Creed...that is not a sign of disrespect to anyone in my eyes...

Why must everyone think so negativily about his singing them, instead of seeing that so many people miss hearing these meaningful tunes performed live...and he has chosen to bring that wish for some fans to life?

I never said he was trying to be Creed. Just that it seems a little insensative that he's playing Creed songs with a cover band this soon after the breakup.
I just think his timing and the reasoning that he sang the songs in Creed are wrong. IMHO, of course.
As for bringing that wish to life....
I wish, if I ever saw them performed live again, that it would be Tremonti, Flip, and Marshall, which is never gonna happen. That Stapp could personally bring back the magic of Creed by himself, is ludacris. Unless, of course that's the only thing you thougt of when you thought of Creed, which it's fine if it is. It wasn't for me, honestly, for me, I thought more of the musicians....

Ann Allusion
10-19-2004, 07:49 PM
for the record, fluttergirl...my comment was not for you inparticular...just my rebuttal to what I have observed, and to state how I feel reguarding the subject.

I don't believe Shadow said anything of it SOUNDING like Creed...she said it REMINDED her of Creed...

Dogstar
10-21-2004, 02:33 AM
That song doesn't remind me at all of Creed. If it did, I might actually like it. The only thing that's familiar is Scott's voice and his words, but there is nothing Creedlike about that song, IMO.

DekWannaBFlea
10-21-2004, 12:00 PM
That song doesn't remind me at all of Creed. If it did, I might actually like it. The only thing that's familiar is Scott's voice and his words, but there is nothing Creedlike about that song, IMO.

Word. The background was horrible, i can't explain how boring it was. I can't believe people liked this song (as a whole)......

Agent D
10-21-2004, 07:37 PM
I never said he was trying to be Creed. Just that it seems a little insensative that he's playing Creed songs with a cover band this soon after the breakup.
I just think his timing and the reasoning that he sang the songs in Creed are wrong. IMHO, of course.
I wish, if I ever saw them performed live again, that it would be Tremonti, Flip, and Marshall, which is never gonna happen. That Stapp could personally bring back the magic of Creed by himself, is ludacris. Unless, of course that's the only thing you thougt of when you thought of Creed, which it's fine if it is. It wasn't for me, honestly, for me, I thought more of the musicians....

There it is. That's the whole problem.

Ann, Shadow, you seem to be the ones who are being the most negative in this thread. It's ridiculous you keep referring to us as "disgruntled fans who once liked Creed and have now turned to AB." That's retarded. They're a new band and they happen to kickass. Don't take it so personally that their new music is being better received than Scott's.

Now in fairness, Stapp hasn't really put out as much new material as AB has so personally I'll reserve judgement. But I too am disppointed that Stapp's performing Creed songs without Flip and Tremo. It's just not the same for those of fans who loved all these musicians equally. Quite honestly, I'll be happier when his solo album comes out so it's easier to compare his post-Creed stuff to Alter Bridge.

JulieCitySlicker
10-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Hmmm? I have no comment to this :flee:

Ann Allusion
10-22-2004, 11:32 PM

There it is. That's the whole problem.

problem?...i thought this discussion was nothing more than a difference of convictions...just because someone may disagree with you or the opinions of others...i see no problem.

Ann, Shadow, you seem to be the ones who are being the most negative in this thread. It's ridiculous you keep referring to us as "disgruntled fans who once liked Creed and have now turned to AB." That's retarded. They're a new band and they happen to kickass. Don't take it so personally that their new music is being better received than Scott's.

hmmm...who said anything about things being taken "personally"?...seems you are the one that said that...i might ask the same thing about the amount of disagreement towards the announcement that stapp may sing a couple Creed songs mixed in with his ORIGIONALS...something again, many other solo artists do when they split from their former bands.

Now in fairness, Stapp hasn't really put out as much new material as AB has so personally I'll reserve judgement.

thank you for that courtesy...

But I too am disppointed that Stapp's performing Creed songs without Flip and Tremo. It's just not the same for those of fans who loved all these musicians equally.

i can understand how you would feel disappointed that "Tremo, Flip,"....and don't forget Marshall, after all he was a founding member also, that these guys weren't include...but then...THEY HAVE CHOSEN not to have anything more to do with Creed, as Mark said, "Creed is no more".

If you REALLY LOVED the MUSIC, and not just the musician... then why not feel secure in the knowledge that Creed's music hasn't been put on the shelf....that it is still being SUNG by someone that knows it better than any cover singer or cover band because he was the one that sang it in the first place...and can give it the best representation possible? How can anyone have a problem with that?

Quite honestly, I'll be happier when his solo album comes out so it's easier to compare his post-Creed stuff to Alter Bridge.

why would you want to COMPARE stapps "post-Creed stuff" to AB?....there will be no comparing...as you see...Alter Bridge has chosen their path just as stapp has chosen his...and each one is doing what they feel they must...and in order to enjoy one or the other...and in some cases both....the fans must choose their paths as well.

Dogstar
10-22-2004, 11:42 PM
If you REALLY LOVED the MUSIC, and not just the musician... then why not feel secure in the knowledge that Creed's music hasn't been put on the shelf....that it is still being SUNG by someone that knows it better than any cover singer or cover band because he was the one that sang it in the first place...and can give it the best representation possible? How can anyone have a problem with that?

Because it's not CREED performing the songs, that's why, and for me the breakup is still too new for me to hear anyone else other than CREED as a whole performing those songs. Maybe after some more time has gone by, I'd be more amenable to hearing Scott do Creed songs without the rest of the founding members, but it's still too much of a sore point right now. Btw, they weren't Scott's orginals, they were THE BAND'S originals.

Ann Allusion
10-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Btw, they weren't Scott's orginals, they were THE BAND'S originals.

i can see where you are coming from, dogstar...yet by the same token...tho the band was Creed....wasn't stapp was just as much a member of that band as were the other three...????

i'm not saying that they were "stapps origionals", altho, he was involved in the writing process, lyrics, etc...i believe that since he was the "voice" of Creed...there is no reason he shouldn't sing the songs he chooses to sing.

it seems to me that many people are jumping to conclusions as to what will come from stapps solo efforts...when in the end....things will work out as they should.

fluttergirl
10-23-2004, 10:54 AM
i can understand how you would feel disappointed that "Tremo, Flip,"....and don't forget Marshall, after all he was a founding member also, that these guys weren't include...but then...THEY HAVE CHOSEN not to have anything more to do with Creed, as Mark said, "Creed is no more".
The AB guys did not choos to not have anything more to do with Creed. It broke up. Meaning it was mutual.

I do really love the music, not the musician. Which is why I'm saying I don't agree with the MUSICIAN's choice to play the MUSIc, for the sake of the MUSIC. And If you really loved the music, keeping it with your someone who knows better than anyone else...why is it ok for another band, who doesn't know better than anyone else how to play it, playing it? How can that be the best representation possible, if it only has one of the original members, and the only one who didn't play an instrument?

yet by the same token...tho the band was Creed....wasn't stapp was just as much a member of that band as were the other three...????
No, he was as much a member as Tremonti, or Marshall, or Flip, Not all. Just because there were two roads taken, doesn't mean the AB guys are lumped together as Stapp's equal.

i believe that since he was the "voice" of Creed...there is no reason he shouldn't sing the songs he chooses to sing.
As ive stated before, it would be fine if it was just stapp. the problem i have is with tea party playing creed songs.

Ann Allusion
10-23-2004, 11:15 AM
No, he was as much a member as Tremonti, or Marshall, or Flip, Not all. Just because there were two roads taken, doesn't mean the AB guys are lumped together as Stapp's equal.

maybe you would like to explain further WHY you feel this way?....altho, that was not MY point in posting what i did...as i said, stapp WAS just as much a member of Creed as any of the other three...

the problem i have is with tea party playing creed songs.

no one said that the Tea Party would be playing those songs, amber...this is assumption on the part of a number of fans...like i said...wait until the album comes out...and his tour begins....as a lot of us have been saying...i'm sure a lot of people will be pleasently surprised... :)

fluttergirl
10-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Ummmm, because there were four guys involved...Stapp was a quarter, not a half of Creed. Why does this need to be explained? :confused:
it was just the way you posted, him being the equal of the other three....if you didnt mean it that way, fine, just how it sounded to me. ;)

As far as Tea Party, since that will be his touring band, and hes gonna be playing those songs on tour...Its a pretty logical assumption. But my problem isnt with specifically them, just anyone other than Stapp, Flip, Tremonti, Marshall, heck, even Hestla playing these songs. It would be dandy if Stapp would play an acoustic and sing Creed songs, but I dont think he can. And at this time, I just really am not ready to see him pull in another band to replace the guys, I think he needs to move on, away from Creed first. Maybe 10 years down the road, but now? No way.

Ann Allusion
10-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Ummmm, because there were four guys involved...Stapp was a quarter, not a half of Creed. Why does this need to be explained? :confused:
it was just the way you posted, him being the equal of the other three....if you didnt mean it that way, fine, just how it sounded to me. ;)

As far as Tea Party, since that will be his touring band, and hes gonna be playing those songs on tour...Its a pretty logical assumption. But my problem isnt with specifically them, just anyone other than Stapp, Flip, Tremonti, Marshall, heck, even Hestla playing these songs. It would be dandy if Stapp would play an acoustic and sing Creed songs, but I dont think he can. And at this time, I just really am not ready to see him pull in another band to replace the guys, I think he needs to move on, away from Creed first. Maybe 10 years down the road, but now? No way.

Fluttergirl...you believe what you wish...i'm not attempting to change your mind here...nor is it my place to even suggest it...don't want to hear it now, i can respect that...so just don't listen...but there are others out there that do want to hear it and will listen...so, again it's a matter of personal choice... :)

Dogstar
10-23-2004, 02:27 PM
i can see where you are coming from, dogstar...yet by the same token...tho the band was Creed....wasn't stapp was just as much a member of that band as were the other three...????
I'm not saying he wasn't. I have said many times that it was a collective effort that produced that magic that was Creed.

i'm not saying that they were "stapps origionals", altho, he was involved in the writing process, lyrics, etc...i believe that since he was the "voice" of Creed...there is no reason he shouldn't sing the songs he chooses to sing.
Yes he was the literal voice of Creed but not the figurative one, IMO. I believe Mark's playing and writing were just as much a part of the process as Scott's contributions. One would not have been without the other. Therefore, hearing someone else strum the guitar (with a different style and other nuances that won't sound like Mark) would bother me right now, same with the drums. Guitarists, bassists, and drummers put their own touches and effects on their songs, and someone else who didn't write those songs probably would want to put their marks on the songs, which would bug me. I'm sorry, but I can't watch Scott sing Creed songs without the rest of Creed there. Just how I feel right now. As I said, that could change, but it would hard for me to stomach it right now. Same with AB. I don't want to hear Myles do Creed songs. It just wouldn't be the same.

it seems to me that many people are jumping to conclusions as to what will come from stapps solo efforts...when in the end....things will work out as they should.

Well, I'm not one of those people and I'm really hoping I like what he does. But, as I did with AB, I will wait to hear it before making any judgment.

Chase
10-23-2004, 04:56 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. Scott Weiland did STP songs with Velvet Revolver and Chris Cornell did Soundgarden songs with Audioslave. Scott Stapp did write the majority of the lyrics and the songs reflected HIS LIFE and HIS FEELINGS. The man has the words "Creed" tattooed on his arm. I think that it was the other band members that wanted to move on more than Stapp. I don't think it's disrespectful, he's not calling himself Creed, some fans still want to hear Creed music live in one form or the other. Most people when they think of Creed, they think of Stapp more than Tremonti. I wouldn't want to hear an entire Creed concert coming from Scott Stapp, but hearing "My Own Prison" live wouldn't upset me. Just my thoughts.

Dogstar
10-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the board, Chase...With regard to STP a good mount of time had passed when VR did them. Though the STP breakup wasn't official until recently, they hadn't done anything as a group in quite a while. And when did Audioslave ever do Soundgarden songs? I saw them twice and the only covers they did were Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes and Working Man by Rush. I'm pretty sure they did neither Soundgarden nor Rage songs. Chris Cornell did do some acoustic SG on his Euphoria Morning tour and the only ones I have are Seasons and Like Suicide. Again, that was a good two years after Soundgarden officially broke up. For me, I need more time to pass before I can deal with Stapp doing Creed songs without the rest of the group.

Torn Daredevil
10-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I was just about to say that...When has Audioslave ever done a Soundgarden song???

And VR has been known to perform STP's Sex Type Thing, but that song is over 10 years old...

TeriB19
10-23-2004, 10:15 PM
In a nutshell, it's just too soon.

Ann Allusion
10-23-2004, 10:57 PM
In a nutshell, it's just too soon.

well, if y'all do the math...by the time stapp tours for his album, tentively set for the summer of 2005, that will make the last time any Creed music was played "on tour"...ummm...around a little over three years...

as dogstar pointed out:

Chris Cornell did do some acoustic SG on his Euphoria Morning tour and the only ones I have are Seasons and Like Suicide. Again, that was a good two years after Soundgarden officially broke up

so three years, to me, is not too soon.

people are upset because he did Higher, WAWO...but his radio interviews were to promote the Creeds Greatest Hits Album...which btw is still coming out 2 years after the fact...

for those that feel it is too soon...fine...take all the time you need to get over it...but once again...there are many more that do not...and those will be the people that will be buying the CGH...and have no problem with hearing stapp sing Creed songs...

fluttergirl
10-24-2004, 09:36 AM
there's no math to be done, he's already played the songs on a radio station.

Dogstar
10-24-2004, 06:16 PM
there's no math to be done, he's already played the songs on a radio station.

Exactly.

DekWannaBFlea
10-24-2004, 07:46 PM
The answer to the SOundgarden/Audioslave question is.....They never have.

ctfan
10-24-2004, 09:10 PM
for those that feel it is too soon...fine...take all the time you need to get over it...but once again...there are many more that do not...and those will be the people that will be buying the CGH...and have no problem with hearing stapp sing Creed songs...

I'm one of those people!!! :D :D :D

fluttergirl
10-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Why is this so hard to understand? We dont have a problem with stapp singing. We have a problem with another band playing Creed songs. I do anyway....
And that has nothing to do with whether or not I'll buy the GH CD.