Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
This is pissing me off... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : This is pissing me off...

StillACreedFan
10-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Since when did October become Bash Scott Stapp and Creed month?

Shadow
10-05-2004, 08:24 PM
There are a lot of things I can say here, but I will refrain.

Unfortunately others feel the need to bash Scott. Scott's voice has sold more then 30 million records. That should say something. I used to let it bother me that people were so against him. For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him. I'll support him in whatever he does.

Let's just look forward to the rerelease of Relearn Love on October 19.

musiclover291
10-05-2004, 09:11 PM
I have also decided to refrain from all the negative comments because I've learned that it does nothing but raise my blood pressure. I just say to Stapp "this to shall pass" and learn from his mistakes and move on in the path of coming closer to God and I wish him all the luck in the world.

TremontiRx
10-05-2004, 09:22 PM
For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him.

:roll:

creedsister
10-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Since when did October become Bash Scott Stapp and Creed month?
TO MANY MORONS That Aint Got Nothing Better To do with their time

Bridge of Clay
10-06-2004, 09:14 AM
hmm... Mark's got a lot of trashing too.. so it depends on your point of view. Poor Myles Kennedy also got, and he had nothing to do with it.

I like both of them. So I support both...

Torn Daredevil
10-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Unfortunately others feel the need to bash Scott. Scott's voice has sold more then 30 million records. That should say something. I used to let it bother me that people were so against him. For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him. I'll support him in whatever he does.

Scott's voice did NOT sell 30 million albums. Creed did. By making that comment, you are in turn claiming that Scott Stapp was Creed. That is unfair. I like his voice, but he is not Creed. He is 1/4 of Creed, no more. It's safe to say he has some ego issues. That is why people feel the need to bash him. While I thought his voice was great in a unique way, celebrities being egomaniacal asses pisses me off. I hope Stapp does well and support him as long as he is not an egomaniac, but it appears he is (or was) that way.

The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that. People (like myself) partially dislike Stapp because we are sick of giant personalities in rock music. Enough is enough. The day I hear about lots of instantances of Myles Kennedy giving bad performances, not going to soundchecks, and not talking to his bandmates, being overly concerned with real estate deals, I will lose respect for Myles, too. But, I doubt that is going to happen, as their have been no indications of anyone in AB acting like that.

ROCK ON ALTER BRIDGE! And, Stapp, you have a great voice (not as good as Myles), but it's not about you. It's about your friends/bandmates, and the fans. Good luck and I wish only well for you...

TornDaredevil

musiclover291
10-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Scott's voice did NOT sell 30 million albums. Creed did. By making that comment, you are in turn claiming that Scott Stapp was Creed. That is unfair. I like his voice, but he is not Creed. He is 1/4 of Creed, no more. It's safe to say he has some ego issues. That is why people feel the need to bash him. While I thought his voice was great in a unique way, celebrities being egomaniacal asses pisses me off. I hope Stapp does well and support him as long as he is not an egomaniac, but it appears he is (or was) that way.

The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that. People (like myself) partially dislike Stapp because we are sick of giant personalities in rock music. Enough is enough. The day I hear about lots of instantances of Myles Kennedy giving bad performances, not going to soundchecks, and not talking to his bandmates, being overly concerned with real estate deals, I will lose respect for Myles, too. But, I doubt that is going to happen, as their have been no indications of anyone in AB acting like that.

ROCK ON ALTER BRIDGE! And, Stapp, you have a great voice (not as good as Myles), but it's not about you. It's about your friends/bandmates, and the fans. Good luck and I wish only well for you...

TornDaredevil

You are entitled to your point of view but like or not Stapp's voice did sell 30 million along with the music of the other bandmates. If Stapp's has other interest and not just music there are many fans that support that as well. For some artists music is there entire life and for others they like to do more than one thing and it does not make one artist better than another.
I don't know if you are accurate in thinking that alot of Creed fans have turned to AB because Mark and AB are getting bashed just as hard as Stapp is now. I personally try to stay at boards that are respectfully to both AB and Stapp.

Thanks

Dogstar
10-06-2004, 07:12 PM
You are entitled to your point of view but like or not Stapp's voice did sell 30 million along with the music of the other bandmates.

His voice HELPED sell 30 million records, along with the music of the other bandmates. This constant division is driving me batty. CREED were A GROUP!!! The GROUP sold 30 million records. One member wasn't solely responsible for the success of the band. ALL of them were.

musiclover291
10-06-2004, 07:38 PM
His voice HELPED sell 30 million records, along with the music of the other bandmates. This constant division is driving me batty. CREED were A GROUP!!! The GROUP sold 30 million records. One member wasn't solely responsible for the success of the band. ALL of them were.

I agree that is what I was trying to say.

Thanks

StillACreedFan
10-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Scott Stapp was a huge part of Creed. You may disagree, but the lead singer and frontman is more than 1/4 of the band.

Dogstar
10-06-2004, 08:08 PM
... but the lead singer and frontman is more than 1/4 of the band.
I do disagree, especially in this case, given that while Scott wrote most of the lyrics, Mark wrote most of the music. Not to mention the undeniable contributions of Brian Marshall on bass and Flip on drums. The same dumb arguments about Alice In Chains run rampant at the Jerry Cantrell boards. In both cases there is an undeniable chemistry that created the magic and the music. One would not have succeeded to the extent that they did without the other.

Jooji_2
10-06-2004, 08:09 PM
The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that.

Many have turned to Alter Bridge? :wtf:

StillACreedFan
10-06-2004, 10:01 PM
I do disagree, especially in this case, given that while Scott wrote most of the lyrics, Mark wrote most of the music. Not to mention the undeniable contributions of Brian Marshall on bass and Flip on drums. The same dumb arguments about Alice In Chains run rampant at the Jerry Cantrell boards. In both cases there is an undeniable chemistry that created the magic and the music. One would not have succeeded to the extent that they did without the other.
I'm not trying to discount the contributations of Mark, Flip, and marshall. They all made Creed great. But when I think of Creed, the first guy that came to mind was Stapp.

You're entitled to your own opinion.

Bridge of Clay
10-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Many have turned to Alter Bridge? :wtf:
well... the majority of Creed fans moved to AB... a share became only-Stapp fans... and a few still support both sides.

StillACreedFan
10-06-2004, 11:24 PM
well... the majority of Creed fans moved to AB... a share became only-Stapp fans... and a few still support both sides.

Count me as someone that support both.

I don't see why everyone can't just do that.

morethantheimag
10-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Quote morethantheimage

Why can't we all just realize that Scott is human and has his bad times too?? I totally support him and hope someday to meet him in Florida and let him know that at least one supporter realizes that an "image" is just that.."an image"....he is entitled to problems just like the rest of us. And, yes, I was at the Chicago concert and I think no less of him.

musiclover291
10-07-2004, 01:04 AM
Quote morethantheimage

Why can't we all just realize that Scott is human and has his bad times too?? I totally support him and hope someday to meet him in Florida and let him know that at least one supporter realizes that an "image" is just that.."an image"....he is entitled to problems just like the rest of us. And, yes, I was at the Chicago concert and I think no less of him.

Very well stated Amen!!!!!!!!!

Bridge of Clay
10-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Count me as someone that support both.

I don't see why everyone can't just do that.
ditto!

Torn Daredevil
10-07-2004, 10:32 AM
I think it's hilarious for someone to say "for every 1 person that hates Stapp, there are probably 10 more that love him.."

ROFL!

kariyanine
10-07-2004, 11:58 AM
hellboy,

why would you be ROFL about that. It is most likely closer to true than you think. Maybe love is too strong of a word there but truthfully for every one person that bashes Scott there are probably ten that support him. Just because someone likes Alter Bridge doesn't mean they dislike Scott and vice versa. And just because he is constantly bashed on these boards doesn't mean that alot of people on these boards don't support him either. It's easier for people to stay out of the whole Scott debate issues that turn into general name calling by the end of it all.

Torn Daredevil
10-07-2004, 01:55 PM
I am still ROFL! Because it's funny!!!!!!!!!!

BobbyMcGee
10-07-2004, 02:09 PM
hellboy,

why would you be ROFL about that. It is most likely closer to true than you think. Maybe love is too strong of a word there but truthfully for every one person that bashes Scott there are probably ten that support him. Just because someone likes Alter Bridge doesn't mean they dislike Scott and vice versa. And just because he is constantly bashed on these boards doesn't mean that alot of people on these boards don't support him either. It's easier for people to stay out of the whole Scott debate issues that turn into general name calling by the end of it all.

Yeah I'm a little confused by that also. And how true your last statement is!
________
YAMAHA VIRAGO 750 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Virago_750)
________
Alaska medical marijuana dispensary (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

Dogstar
10-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Well, we do try to keep a lid on the name-calling here. It's fine to debate, but name-calling is unnecessary.

Jooji_2
10-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Just because I listened and decided I don't like AB's music doesn't mean I don't support them...I do wish them luck. But I'm not gonna buy music I don't like simply because THEY made it. :D

jbjfan
10-08-2004, 06:21 PM
There are a lot of things I can say here, but I will refrain.

Let's just look forward to the rerelease of Relearn Love on October 19.

i know what you mean! it's made me angry too! thats one of the reasons i satyed away from some sites is becasue they feel the need to blame scott for everything that went wrong. it's hard when the man you've looked up to since you were 8 years old is getting such a tough break! :mad:

Jooji_2
10-09-2004, 10:57 PM

You might be accurate in saying that alot of online Creed fans support AB....but alot of non-computer using fans don't even know they exist.

Dude, didn't Weathered sell something like 700,000 copies in its first week of release? I don't think claiming that the majority of Creed fans moved to AB is quite proveable if you compare record sales. It appears a hell of alot of Creed fans haven't bought One Day Remains.

Its not that I don't support AB.....I just don't like their music. When they actually record something I like....I'll buy it. :D

DekWannaBFlea
10-10-2004, 12:47 AM
You might be accurate in saying that alot of online Creed fans support AB....but alot of non-computer using fans don't even know they exist.

Dude, didn't Weathered sell something like 700,000 copies in its first week of release? I don't think claiming that the majority of Creed fans moved to AB is quite proveable if you compare record sales. It appears a hell of alot of Creed fans haven't bought One Day Remains.

Its not that I don't support AB.....I just don't like their music. When they actually record something I like....I'll buy it. :D

If you support AB you will listen to their music and maybe go to a concert. Thats how you support a band. Supporting the band means you support what kind of music they are putting out their, you are not. When you start liking the music and buying the cd etc, you are supporting the band.

And i hope they don't change the music just to get support of former fans like you.

DekWannaBFlea
10-10-2004, 12:51 AM
I'm not trying to discount the contributations of Mark, Flip, and marshall. They all made Creed great. But when I think of Creed, the first guy that came to mind was Stapp.

You're entitled to your own opinion.

And thats what you think, when i first heard creed i liked tremonti's badass guitar riffs better. Just depends who you ask, don't asume just because you think it everybody else thinks the same way.

DekWannaBFlea
10-10-2004, 12:55 AM

Weathered was an the third album by creed, one day remains is a debut by alter bridge. There is no way you can compare the two.

fluttergirl
10-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Well if you don't not support them, that would mean that you DO support them. I have to go with Dek here, every single one of your posts I have read have been derogatory both to AB as people, and musically, which I simply can't fathom.
Why is it ok to not like AB and like Stapp, when everyone here is supposedly Creed fans, and therefore alienating more than 3/4s of Creed?
I'm sorry if anyone doesn't agree, and I think I'm being civil about this (by the way Jooji_2, this isn't directed to you, just in general), and really, honestly, just looking for a civil answer, no burns. The fighting and bickering isn't going to stop here until there are either simple understandings of respect towards other people's opinions, or tolerance of the difference of opinions here. For some reason, people can't seem to just agree to disagree, they have to blow everything out of porportion.
I dunno, maybe because I started out at ABrocks and was never *really* exposed to the immature must-have-the-last-post attitude that I'm finding popping up around here, but (other than that) I really do like this board, there's just these random posts that end up getting nasty, and whole threads like this that might as well say "AB vs. Stapp".
Why?

kariyanine
10-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Weathered was an the third album by creed, one day remains is a debut by alter bridge. There is no way you can compare the two.

Unfortunately that is the problem here with comparing of record sales.

ODR is a debut but it is also a debut from 3/4 of what was arguably the biggest rock band on the planet. So it can't be compared to MOP or Weathered. If you want to compare record sales compare it to Velvet Revolver's album. They are kind of in the same position band wise.

Frankie
10-10-2004, 12:33 PM
If you want to compare record sales compare it to Velvet Revolver's album. They are kind of in the same position band wise.

If that's what you want...

Okey Doke...Velvet Relvolver has been listed in the top 50 of the Billboard chart ever since they debuted at #1 ...17 weeks ago...and have been certified Platinum by the RIAA

ODR did debut at #5...but sales plummeted and it was gone from the top 50 in 6 weeks. They were called "one week wonders" by Entertainment Weekly.

I think people are comparing ODR to Weathered because AB fans keep saying that AB is better with Myles than Creed was with Scott....and they are just using Weathered's #1 debut...with sales of almost 900,000 with an 8 week stay at the top...just to try to show that all Creed fans did not embrace AB the way people say they have.
AB may be a "new band"...but they purposely came out with the announcement of the Creed break-up to take full advantage of the Creed connection and expected to reap the benefits.

Jooji_2
10-10-2004, 01:23 PM
If you support AB you will listen to their music and maybe go to a concert. Thats how you support a band. Supporting the band means you support what kind of music they are putting out their, you are not. When you start liking the music and buying the cd etc, you are supporting the band.

And i hope they don't change the music just to get support of former fans like you.

First of all...I'm a Creed fan....not a former Alter Bridge fan...that would indicate I would have been a fan in the first place. I did listen...I believe I've said that before. They aren't interested in playing anywhere near my hometown or even in my home state.....I'm not driving for four hours to Atlanta to see a concert.

All I have ever said is that I don't care for their music. I don't think I'm alone in that feeling. If wishing them well isn't good enough....then I guess I can't support Alter Bridge then. And if the second album sounds like the first...I can pretty much guarantee I won't be buying that one either.

Jooji_2
10-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Well if you don't not support them, that would mean that you DO support them. I have to go with Dek here, every single one of your posts I have read have been derogatory both to AB as people, and musically, which I simply can't fathom.
Why is it ok to not like AB and like Stapp, when everyone here is supposedly Creed fans, and therefore alienating more than 3/4s of Creed?
I'm sorry if anyone doesn't agree, and I think I'm being civil about this (by the way Jooji_2, this isn't directed to you, just in general), and really, honestly, just looking for a civil answer, no burns. The fighting and bickering isn't going to stop here until there are either simple understandings of respect towards other people's opinions, or tolerance of the difference of opinions here. For some reason, people can't seem to just agree to disagree, they have to blow everything out of porportion.
I dunno, maybe because I started out at ABrocks and was never *really* exposed to the immature must-have-the-last-post attitude that I'm finding popping up around here, but (other than that) I really do like this board, there's just these random posts that end up getting nasty, and whole threads like this that might as well say "AB vs. Stapp".
Why?

When you talk about respect...dont' you think it should really go both ways? I've never posted comments such as "Tremonti looks like he's stoned"....or "Tremonti needs to relearn music"....or told anyone "you're full of shit". I realize the fact that I don't like Alter Bridge's music isn't welcome here....if I'm perceived as a Stapp supporter...its because I sense that Stapp's music will actually be something I want to listen to.....not a battle of the bands all wrapped up in one band...who can play faster, more notes....louder. I haven't made my decisions based on one listen to Tremonti's music. I've read the lyrics to every song and listened more than once. If you want me to be honest....I loved Creed....and as a result of all of my observations...Stapp appears to be the one who contributed what it was that I loved most about Creed. And I'm not saying the others didn't contribute to the all round experience that was Creed.

The fact that Alter Bridge is 3/4's of Creed doesn't guarantee me as a fan. I've been told that at another message board. If I don't support and buy Alter Bridge I'm not a true Creed fan. Truth is...they aren't Creed...at least to me they aren't....and they never will be. I take alot of crap for those remarks. You can't fathom that I don't like Alter Bridge musically? That to me indicates you don't respect my choice. Why can't people understand that each of us has our own taste in music.

You try to make it as if people who support Stapp's efforts are the only ones contributing to the division between people....if you actually read every post here you will see that isn't actually the case. If I had a nickel for every time I've seen a post titled "Scott Stapp Sucks".....Or "Thank God Stapp is gone"....Stapp vs. Kennedy.....I think you get my drift. And I don't find those at Stapp message boards.....you find them in abundance at Alter Bridge boards.....(though I don't visit any official Alter Bridge boards....just the ones here, at VH1 and The Pit...I'm sure you've seen them too. So if you want to blame people for the AB vs. Stapp issue.....read some of those threads you find at Alter Bridge boards. Creed and Stapp fans would generally leave negative comments about Alter Bridge out of it if the consideration went both ways....but it appears that will never happen. And that isn't because Stapp fans refuse to let it die

Jooji_2
10-10-2004, 02:03 PM
I think people are comparing ODR to Weathered because AB fans keep saying that AB is better with Myles than Creed was with Scott....and they are just using Weathered's #1 debut...with sales of almost 900,000 with an 8 week stay at the top...just to try to show that all Creed fans did not embrace AB the way people say they have.

Thank you Frankie.....YOU got my point. :D

Ann Allusion
10-10-2004, 02:10 PM
(origionally posted by Frankie):
AB may be a "new band"...but they purposely came out with the announcement of the Creed break-up to take full advantage of the Creed connection and expected to reap the benefits.

these words definitely do appear to be true...more see it than some would care to admit.

Bridge of Clay
10-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Do you honestly think Stapp won't be promoted as "former lead singer of Creed" ?

Truth is...they aren't Creed...at least to me they aren't....and they never will be.

excellent. that's all AB wants.

Dogstar
10-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Plenty of people see it and admit. They'd have to be nuts not have seen that. DUH. Any band or member going in a different direction would exploit the popularity of his former band to further his current project. That sounds like marketing 101 to me. I'll be shocked if we don't see "Former founder/lead singer for CREED" on Scott Stapp's solo project. This is a non-issue.

Ann Allusion
10-10-2004, 03:18 PM
and there is no integrity in that type of marketing...will stapp do it so blatently as AB did?...would like to believe that he will take a higher road and market himself on his abilities, which we know he has...the media may choose to mention the Creed connection...but it would be refreshing to see stapp choose another way of marketing his music...

when one wishes to be known for who they are now, than what they were, they will learn from the past, and live in the present...just my thoughts on the subject...nothing more.

Jooji_2
10-10-2004, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=Bridge of Clay]Do you honestly think Stapp won't be promoted as "former lead singer of Creed" ?

I don't think he will actually have to be promoted that way....most people know who he is.....and was....even the ones who claim to so vehemently hate him, lol. I have no doubt Windup will push their promotions in that direction, as I am sure they believe it will help sales of both efforts. Success-wise Creed was huge...If Windup thinks linking each to Creed will help them make more money....they will certainly do it....cause that really is what its all about with the record company....making money.

P.S. If Alter Bridge never wants to be Creed...then how bout they starting talking about Alter Bridge in their interviews....what they love about AB's music....yadal, yada, yada.....rather than dishing about all that was wrong with Creed.

Bridge of Clay
10-10-2004, 03:20 PM
he already did... it's pretty explicit on www.passionsongs.com

Frankie
10-10-2004, 03:38 PM
But you see the difference here is...Scott has always spoken with nothing but love and pride about Creed. If they want to call him former lead singer of Creed so be it. At least he is very proud of what they accomplished together.
ab has and continues to only talk about how bad Creed was...they want to distance themselves from it...then shut up and do it.

Bridge of Clay
10-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Whatever...

I had made a long paragraph to reply it, but I think it's not worthy. Don't worry, it wasn't anything bad! :) but I erased to say this:

I just think this whole discussion is pointless, because what's done is done... I hate this thing of taking sides... I'd rather the fans were united to support both sides on this new phase and wish AB and Stapp the best.

fluttergirl
10-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Like I said, Jooji, that wasn't aimed entirely or even mostly at you, just something I've noticed.

Completely personally--I was a fan of Creed for the music. There are too many songs on ODR that sound very much so reminiscent of Creed (OYE, for example). I'm not saying that you *should* like them, I'm saying that on some of the songs, they sound enough like Creed, I don't understand how you can not like those individual songs. I dunno, maybe you judge music differently than i do. But your opinion is your opinion, as mine is mine, and we think differently, NBD.
As far as Stapp- he's simply not of the line of vocalists I tend to prefer. However. He was in Creed. He made good music in Creed. I enjoyed listening to him in Creed. Relearn Love doesn't exactly float my boat, but I'll never bash him or post derogatory comments about him, if for nothing else, out of respect of the work he did with Creed.
So yes it should go both ways. With me it does. But if someone posts something bad about stapp, there are 10-20-30 however many ppl who will jump all over them, often rightously so, and I just don't see that kind of support, hardcore, entirely, here for AB.
I'm not saying everyone should love AB and go buy all their CDs. I'm saying people should at least have the decency to have respect for the fact that before Creed broke up, everyone loved this music, and even if you dont like their new stuff, you liked them five years ago. Not all that much has changed. Why bail?
And that goes for Stapp as well. Just pointing out the other side.

Dogstar
10-10-2004, 05:36 PM
and there is no integrity in that type of marketing...will stapp do it so blatently as AB did?...would like to believe that he will take a higher road and market himself on his abilities, which we know he has...

I can think of some pretty decent artists who I consider to have a modicum of integrity who also have used their connection to their previous bands to market a new effort. Go buy the Mad Season CD, with Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains members and you'll see those words on the CD wrap. Or Jerry Cantrell. It's a decision by the labels, no doubt, but it's done all the time. It's naive to think Scott's won't be as blatant as AB, especially if, as was said, Scott has said how proud he is of what Creed accomplished as a band. Why would he not want to be associated with it, right? The label wants to make money, so yes, I think its marketing of Scott's solo effort will be as blatant as AB's.

the media may choose to mention the Creed connection...but it would be refreshing to see stapp choose another way of marketing his music... Refreshing, maybe...realistic? No.

Ann Allusion
10-10-2004, 06:18 PM
something that i may possibly clear up...for the media/the label/AB to say..."AB, 3/4 of whom were formerly of Creed...blah blah blah"....and "Scott Stapp formerly of Creed sings...blah blah blah" or either of them praising their past accomplishments in Creed...was NOT the lack of integrity i was talking about...this is to be expected...and you're right, that is how it is done...it's show business after all...:)

my comment was aimed more toward HOW the label/AB/Media has used its former band and ex-bandmate as leverage for promotional purposes...THAT is what lacks integrity...sorry for the misunderstanding...as i said, i believe that stapp will not take that road.

Dogstar
10-10-2004, 06:41 PM
No problem. I thought you were referring to the band. My apologies.

Is Stapp doing his solo stuff with Wind-Up? If so, I don't know how that approach will be avoided. I'm not particularly fond of Wind-Up :D.

Ann Allusion
10-10-2004, 07:13 PM

Is Stapp doing his solo stuff with Wind-Up? If so, I don't know how that approach will be avoided. I'm not particularly fond of Wind-Up :D

no problem here either... :) as for the solo work...not sure what is being done...if it's with Lost Key Word, as the Passion album was...then it too will be thru one of Windup's incarnations...not particularly a fan of Windup's SOP myself...;)

Dogstar
10-10-2004, 07:40 PM
....as for the solo work...not sure what is being done...if it's with Lost Key Word, as the Passion album was...then it too will be thru one of Windup's incarnations
Boooo.

kariyanine
10-10-2004, 08:14 PM

Is Stapp doing his solo stuff with Wind-Up? If so, I don't know how that approach will be avoided. I'm not particularly fond of Wind-Up :D.

I'm sure he is probably still obligated to put out music with them as he probably signed some sort of deal for solo work. Remember the press release from Wind-Up on Creed's activities, what was it back in December '03 or so?, it said the both Mark and Stapp were working on solo projects as well as the compilation CD. I'm guessing they wrapped both Mark and Stapp up with solo contracts. But I don't know that for sure.

As for how it will be marketed, I'm sure that the little sticker on the album will say former lead singer of Creed. Labels due it all the time, look at Sting or Sammy Hagar (after he left VH) or Peter Cetera or Slash. The list could go on and on. I do think Wind-Up tried to capture the Creed fans for AB right away though as the album came out, what was it?, 2 months after the breakup was official. But they also tried the same thing with the Passion songs album and mentioned Scott right on the cover as this being his first musical offering in 3 years and being the former lead singer of Creed. I don't think the artists have that much say in how it is marketed.

Bridge of Clay
10-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Maybe the sticker on Stapp's album will say something like this:

"The only Creed guy who's NOT in Alter Bridge!" LMAO!!!

j/k

Creed_Defaultgirl
10-10-2004, 11:41 PM
What a shame.......................what this place has gone to. A while ago, before the board was split up, and the other site was around, I remember people always talking about how unfriendly the pit was. I'm sorry, but if creedpit is worse than this place, it must be the deepest pit in hell or something! If any of you want to see this person anymore, you won't find me here. There is a place where people can comprimise, and discuss things and keep the board peacefull, unlike CreedFeed. United we stand, divided we fall. How true that saying is.

I don't understand how many of these people I've seen in this thread are/were Creed fans, 'cause most of ya sure don't act like the music meant anything to you! Now we see the trueness of "the only way is one." This place aint the way, and it's awfully divided. Hey, uhh, just some advice to the future of this board, you might as well just take the stapp forums off, all they do 'round here is stir trouble. If you decide to go ahead and keep it, though, I beleive the cause of the conterversy is how probably NO thread on here someone doesn't bring up Alter Bridge and start an arguement. On the STAPP forums it's always AB this, AB that, Myles is better than Scott 'cause he has a high voice (just 'cause he sings higher, doesn't make it better), Stapp can't do nothin without Tremonti, BLAH BLAH BLAH! We'll see about that in the very near future.

Well, goodbye to this board, I mean living hell. May you people once again be joyful around each other, and frolic through the pages of this board in unity. (Yes, that was supposed to sound stupid.) Bye to the people here who were actually pretty cool, thanks for the good times that I did have here.

It still saddens me to see what four guys brought together, and then for us all to divide this way. It truly is a shame, but maybe it was meant to be.

Bye!

Dogstar
10-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Creed_Defaultgirl, I have to say this one of the tamest boards around, and I think most people here are pretty civil even when they are disagreeing. Steve runs a pretty tight ship that way. I'm sorry to see you go.

TeriB19
10-11-2004, 06:01 AM
P.S. If Alter Bridge never wants to be Creed...then how bout they starting talking about Alter Bridge in their interviews....what they love about AB's music....yadal, yada, yada.....rather than dishing about all that was wrong with Creed.
How about because that's all the media ASKS them about? The interviewers mostly seem to be concerned with the past, not the members of Alterbridge, their music or their future.

ab has and continues to only talk about how bad Creed was...they want to distance themselves from it...then shut up and do it.
What I think they need to do here is just reply to any interviewers "we're done with Creed, let's talk about the future" instead of constantly being asked about the past.

If I may digress for a second, at Saturday's show in Philly, many of us were allowed by security to go around back to where the band was hanging for the day and where the roadies were loading in. It was VERY open and the band members seemed pretty open and approachable. However, there was one person who came back after speaking with Mark, and she said she grilled him for 5 minutes on Stapp. What did he do? Why did the breakup happen? etc. To many, it's not about the past, it's about the future. To others, it's ALL about the past. I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's NOT entirely AB's fault that history keeps being brought up, it's the media and some fans who won't let it die.

Shadow
10-11-2004, 11:34 AM
How about because that's all the media ASKS them about? The interviewers mostly seem to be concerned with the past, not the members of Alterbridge, their music or their future.

What I think they need to do here is just reply to any interviewers "we're done with Creed, let's talk about the future" instead of constantly being asked about the past.

If I may digress for a second, at Saturday's show in Philly, many of us were allowed by security to go around back to where the band was hanging for the day and where the roadies were loading in. It was VERY open and the band members seemed pretty open and approachable. However, there was one person who came back after speaking with Mark, and she said she grilled him for 5 minutes on Stapp. What did he do? Why did the breakup happen? etc. To many, it's not about the past, it's about the future. To others, it's ALL about the past. I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's NOT entirely AB's fault that history keeps being brought up, it's the media and some fans who won't let it die.
Terri, I agree with what you said. There will always be some sort of shadow they will be under in regard to Creed. It's the media's 'job' to ask them about Creed and Scott Stapp.

However, I think Mark has alienated a lot of Scott Stapp's fans when he made the comment how he wants fans that are into the music and not the personality and said that most of Creed's die-hard fans support AB. Well you know what, I guess he is getting his information from Michael and only counting the fans that are supporting AB over the internet (on the bb's). AB's albums sales speak for themselves.

I am a die-hard fan of Creeds and I took that comment personally. It was back in the MOP days that I fell in love with Creed, the BAND, and their music. I didn't even know Scott Stapp's name back in 97 and 98. Of course things are different now, knowing that Scott wrote those amazing lyrics and it's his voice that made the songs what they are.

Trimontana
10-11-2004, 12:43 PM
I think everyone is trying to find a guilty one in all this "Creed-split up" thing. Some of them blame Tremonti for being the one who wanted an evolution in Creed music and in being touring all the time. And others blame Stapp for having an attention seeker personality. What i think is that this is like a marriage, there is always a 50-50 of guiltiness. There was a moment in time when both of them couldnīt work together, their visions about music just changed and now is what we get: Tremonti in AB and Scott just almost to release his solo debut album. We donīt have to feel like because Creed is no more; we donīt have to stop like the music they made...i still feel like when for the very first time i listened to MOP. But it doesnīt mean that i canīt listen to AB with the same intensity-feel-level (and i do) but knowing that is what we have now-Tremonti-Kennedy-Marshall-Philip. Is like when Scott appears on tv, i will feel happy cos heīs going to be there again , and all of us who loves his voice we will enjoy it again. I just feel bad for those that love Scott (I do) and trying to defende him, and we are attack for those who blame him or donīt like him.

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 01:05 PM
However, I think Mark has alienated a lot of Scott Stapp's fans when he made the comment how he wants fans that are into the music and not the personality and said that most of Creed's die-hard fans support AB. Well you know what, I guess he is getting his information from Michael and only counting the fans that are supporting AB over the internet (on the bb's). AB's albums sales speak for themselves.

Ok, I'm sorry, but what musician WOULDN'T want fans who are just into the music? That's what they strive for as musicians, isn't it? Chris Cornell went through a period where he didn't want his picture taken because people seemed to be focusing on his looks instead of Soundgarden as a band. I fail to see where Mark is dissing real fans of the music here.
[/quote]
I am a die-hard fan of Creeds and I took that comment personally.
And herein lies the problem with a lot of the people who were more into Scott Stapp. You all seem to take everything Mark says about AB as some sort of dig at Scott. I just don't see that at all. I love Scott as much as the next person. I'm a die-hard Creed fan, too, and I happen to like AB as well. It's fine if you don't, but I am sick to death of reading all this BS that Mark is dissing fans or Scott. You seem to read so much more into the words than what is really there. He's a musician. Of course he wants fans who are into the music. And maybe he's trashing the so-called die-hard fans who were more into the supposed personalities and looks of the band, rather than the music. Unless you're one of these people, I don't see how you could take this comment personally.

Frankie
10-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Some Scott Stapp fans curse our every move, but we're after those who are in it for the music - not for the personalities

You know what..with that one statement...mark dismissed us with a flick of his tongue...the same way he has dismissed Scott...like none of us ever mattered...He insinuated that Scott's fans are shallow...as if Scott's talent and his voice and his lyrics mean nothing to us...and the fact that we have been Creed fans for years...many of us from the very beginning...means nothing to him. So yes...I guess we did take it personally.

kariyanine
10-11-2004, 01:59 PM

It's been what 5 months since the official announcement that Creed broke up and AB was formed. Yes it is history and AB is the moving forward point for Mark and Flip but it is still recent history. Creed was the biggest band in the world not to long ago and some people haven't quite come to grips with the fact yet. I know it's till hard on me. I can accept AB and Scott's work for what it is but there is still a huge void left where Creed was for me (and I love ODR and RL but it is still different.).

I mean c'mon Slash still gets asked questions about GNR and it's been almost ten years since he left (and he has put out a number one album, and two number one hits - something AB hasn't done yet{but I think that will come with a little more time}) The questions aren't going to stop anytime soon.

Shadow
10-11-2004, 02:05 PM
You seem to read so much more into the words than what is really there. He's a musician. Of course he wants fans who are into the music. And maybe he's trashing the so-called die-hard fans who were more into the supposed personalities and looks of the band, rather than the music. Unless you're one of these people, I don't see how you could take this comment personally.
I DO NOT and NEVER DID listen to Creed because of how Scott Stapp looks. That comment that Mark made was a direct remark towards Scott's fans and he knows it.

You know what..with that one statement...mark dismissed us with a flick of his tongue...the same way he has dismissed Scott...like none of us ever mattered...He insinuated that Scott's fans are shallow...as if Scott's talent and his voice and his lyrics mean nothing to us...and the fact that we have been Creed fans for years...many of us from the very beginning...means nothing to him. So yes...I guess we did take it personally.
Ditto for me Frankie. Well Said.

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 04:29 PM

Again, I fail to see where this applies to Scott Stapp fans who are/were in it for the music. If this is the category in which you belong, then that statement has nothing to do with you. It has to do with SOME Scott Stapp fans who he perceived as being shallow.
Shadow, I never said you listened to Creed because of Scott Stapp's looks. Again, I think this was directed at SOME fans of Scott, not ALL fans of Scott. I'm a fan of Scott, too, and that comment didn't bother me in the least because I know it wasn't directed at me, because, like you, I'm in it for the music.

Ann Allusion
10-11-2004, 05:02 PM
It has to do with SOME Scott Stapp fans who he perceived as being shallow.

If this is so, dogstar...the key words in your statement are HE PERCEIVED...thing is he really has no idea...i won't argue that there are some out there that are into it more for the looks...but that is on both sides...some are just gaga over Tremonti 'caus he has them guns....as i've read many times.

All musicians hope that people are in it for the music and not the LOOKS, of those that make up the band which is what i believe Mark was alluding to, but at the same time, it appeares to be a cut on those that chose to enjoy Creed as a whole, yet were in it because the lyrics were what touched them most about Creed ...but like it or not...a lot of fans feel this way...

the truth of the matter is...the lyrics and music win over the fans because of the personalities that create them....

Steve
10-11-2004, 05:14 PM
You know what..with that one statement...mark dismissed us with a flick of his tongue...the same way he has dismissed Scott...like none of us ever mattered...He insinuated that Scott's fans are shallow...

If you take this personally then that would mean you are shallow. The quote here says:

Some Scott Stapp fans curse our every move, but we're after those who are in it for the music - not for the personalities

The word SOME is the key here. He didn't say ALL, he said SOME, which happens to be true.

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 05:17 PM
I give up. You guys just don't get it. And I disagree that the music and lyrics win over the fans BECAUSE of the personalities that created them. The music and lyrics win over fans if they are quality lyrics and music that are performed well and make people feel. As a music fan, that is what wins me over. But maybe I'm in the minority. I really didn't see that comment as a cut on those that chose to enjoy Creed as a whole, which I did. Again, the people who are more into Scott Stapp seem to read far more into Mark's words than what is really there. Believe what you will, that is your right :D.

creedlvr
10-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Wow! I haven't been here in a while and I can see nothings changed.

Anyway, IMO, I can see why Mark's comment would offend some people.
"Some Scott Stapp fans curse our every move, but we're after those who are in it for the music - not for the personalities."
This says to me that he thinks that just because "some Scott Stapp fans curse their every move" that must mean that they aren't in it for the music. Is it so hard to fathom that some people that liked Creed's music just might not care for AB's music or that Stapp fans may not only be Stapp fans based on his personality or looks alone??

It really is possible to have loved Creed ... but not be ecstatic about AB.

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 06:13 PM
No, it's not so hard to fathom that some people who liked Creed don't like Alter Bridge. The singer is different. He has a different sound and his voice might not be everyone's cup of tea. That's completely understandable. What I'm tired of is the constant criticism that every word that comes out of Mark's mouth about anything to do with AB or Creed is somehow derogatory against Scott Stapp or his supporters. It's just not so.

Jooji_2
10-11-2004, 06:18 PM
It really is possible to have loved Creed ... but not be ecstatic about AB.

It's possible.....but you kinda become an outcast....nobody cares for your opinion. They tell you you were never a true Creed fan.

Jooji_2
10-11-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry, but if creedpit is worse than this place, it must be the deepest pit in hell or something! If any of you want to see this person anymore, you won't find me here. There is a place where people can comprimise, and discuss things and keep the board peacefull, unlike CreedFeed.

Hey, uhh, just some advice to the future of this board, you might as well just take the stapp forums off, all they do 'round here is stir trouble. Bye

The fact that one person who truly worked to get along with everybody here, doesn't post any information about Stapp anymore, hasn't escaped my notice. What good does it do anyway. Who the hell is even interested? Other than for any entertainment quality it might have.

And yes, believe me, Creedpit is worse....worse than you could ever imagine. But, hey Creed_Defaultgirl....I joined the cult too. At least its a place populated by people who act like adults...and no matter what the discussion is about.....EVERYBODY gets treated with the same amount of respect....and all the statements are backed up by facts....not rumor and speculation. :D

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Jooji, there are plenty of people here who are *adult* about their discussions. What you fail to consider is that not everyone on this board has reached adulthood.

creedlvr
10-11-2004, 06:41 PM
No, it's not so hard to fathom that some people who liked Creed don't like Alter Bridge. The singer is different. He has a different sound and his voice might not be everyone's cup of tea. That's completely understandable. What I'm tired of is the constant criticism that every word that comes out of Mark's mouth about anything to do with AB or Creed is somehow derogatory against Scott Stapp or his supporters. It's just not so.
I understand what you're saying. However, it is also possible that the reason people feel that way is because, like it or not, he did have some negative things to say at first. He has made it pretty clear that he as some bitter feelings towards Creed and Scott. Personally, I think that was in poor taste. Maybe things didn't work out, but the bottom line is, Creed was incredibly successful and Scott and Mark both helped make that happen.

However it ended up, he should have kept the negative feelings to himself and just let people remember Creed for what they were. He worked with Scott for 10 years, they were good friends. He worked with Myles for less than a year. To say things like Myles has the best voice (or however he put it) does say he thinks he's better than Scott. That's fine if he thinks that ... but he didn't have to tell the whole world that. I understand that business is business, but that type of comment must be hurtful to Scott. Naturally, that is going to cause a stir among fans. If he implies that he himself is taking sides instead of just being positive about the future of AB, then how are the fans (of either side) expected not to.

Jooji_2
10-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Like I said, Jooji, that wasn't aimed entirely or even mostly at you, just something I've noticed.

Completely personally--I was a fan of Creed for the music. There are too many songs on ODR that sound very much so reminiscent of Creed (OYE, for example). I'm not saying that you *should* like them, I'm saying that on some of the songs, they sound enough like Creed, I don't understand how you can not like those individual songs. I dunno, maybe you judge music differently than i do. But your opinion is your opinion, as mine is mine, and we think differently, NBD.
As far as Stapp- he's simply not of the line of vocalists I tend to prefer. However. He was in Creed. He made good music in Creed. I enjoyed listening to him in Creed. Relearn Love doesn't exactly float my boat, but I'll never bash him or post derogatory comments about him, if for nothing else, out of respect of the work he did with Creed.
So yes it should go both ways. With me it does. But if someone posts something bad about stapp, there are 10-20-30 however many ppl who will jump all over them, often rightously so, and I just don't see that kind of support, hardcore, entirely, here for AB.
I'm not saying everyone should love AB and go buy all their CDs. I'm saying people should at least have the decency to have respect for the fact that before Creed broke up, everyone loved this music, and even if you dont like their new stuff, you liked them five years ago. Not all that much has changed. Why bail?
And that goes for Stapp as well. Just pointing out the other side.

I didn't BAIL. I listened to his music since I felt I owed him that much. To me.....its as if he's trying to prove a point....this is how good I am...this is what I can do...and I want to do it all at once. It doesn't appeal to me. Believe me....I listened to it, and there is nothing there that reminds me in any way of Creed. I don't live to hear someone play a kick ass guitar solo on every song on an album.....I outgrew that when I was about 16....it doesn't appeal to me anymore. They chose to go in the musical direction they did. Surely they didn't believe that every fan regardless of age would embrace their choice.

I disagree about your statement that you don't see hardcore support for AB here. Basically everything here is about them....even in forums that exist for other people. There are posters here who actually joined a really good and "fair" Stapp site.....one of their first posts was with regard to the song Relearn Love....stating that the song could have rocked, if only Tremonti had been involved. What I wanted to say to them is this.......Tremonti doesn't have that opportunity anymore....He said NO....He ended it....He made that choice, so why did you even have to bring him into the discussion?

People have pretty much given up any discussion of Stapp here, as it only brings about ridicule, but I get my ass chapped for saying I don't like Alter Bridge. Well that's just too bad......I don't.

Jooji_2
10-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Jooji, there are plenty of people here who are *adult* about their discussions. What you fail to consider is that not everyone on this board has reached adulthood.

I know that.....point is while I have been told several times in a polite way to...."shut up". Their antics aren't considered innappropriate. As a result, people have just given up.

BobbyMcGee
10-11-2004, 07:25 PM
It really is possible to have loved Creed ... but not be ecstatic about AB

It was Scott's voice and lyrics that drew me into Creed before I even knew what he or any of the rest of them looked like.

Myles voice does nothing for me. If I don't like the voice it's hard for me to "follow" the lyrics.
________
Mexico City Hotels (http://mexicocityhotel.info)
________
STARCRAFT 2 PLAYER VS VERY HARD (http://screplays.com/replays)

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 07:27 PM
I didn't BAIL. Believe me....I listened to it, and there is nothing there that reminds me in any way of Creed.
I disagree. There are several songs that have a Creed feel to them, guitar-wise: Open Your Eyes, Down to My Last, Shed My Skin. The structure in these songs is very similar to the stuff that came out on Weathered. Mark has said that the band didn't want to totally alienate Creed fans by going in a completely different way. These songs were like a bridge between Creed and AB. I don't know how you can't hear the Creed sound.

I don't live to hear someone play a kick ass guitar solo on every song on an album.....I outgrew that when I was about 16....it doesn't appeal to me anymore.
That's pretty disrespectful to those of us who DO enjoy a good guitar solo. You complain about Stapp supporters not being respected. What you said pretty much disrespects fans of guitar solos, who, I assure you, are a lot older than 16 in many cases. And he doesn't wanker off on every AB song. You just don't like Mark, and that's fine, but don't criticize the music without backing it up with something more than " I outgrew that when I was 16."

They chose to go in the musical direction they did. Surely they didn't believe that every fan regardless of age would embrace their choice.
Of course they didn't. DUH.

Tremonti doesn't have that opportunity anymore....He said NO....He ended it....He made that choice, so why did you even have to bring him into the discussion?
Really? I'm pretty sure from what I've read that it was a mutual decision by the BAND to break up after they started trying to work on the fourth album. Both agreed it wasn't working anymore. It's apparent that Scott and Mark were going in different directions musically and personally.

People have pretty much given up any discussion of Stapp here, as it only brings about ridicule, but I get my ass chapped for saying I don't like Alter Bridge. Well that's just too bad......I don't.
You know, a perfect example as to why you supposedly get your ass chapped for saying you don't like AB is the ridiculous answer you posted in the thread about the meaning of the My Sacrifice video. Why didn't you just try to answer the question? No, you had to bring the Scott-fan persecution complex into it when there was absolutely nothing negative in the question regarding the My Sacrifice video. As I said in that thread: Get off the cross already. I think you're addicted to the drama and negativity of all of this. There is plenty of decent discussion about Scott Stapp; you seem bent on whining forever about the fact that Creed are no more and ripping people who like Alter Bridge and don't happen to like Relearn Love. If you don't like it here and you're not having any fun, go somewhere else. It's pretty simple.

fluttergirl
10-11-2004, 07:33 PM
If you'll read the post...Ive said twice now that this isnt directed at you, something i have noticed in general, since the boards came together.
The point was noone says nething if someone doesnt like AB. Period. Not that you bailed, or anything else. I'm sorry you took that from it, it's not what i meant.
I've also said it should go both ways...
My point was, if you dont like them, why bother posting you don't like them, if out of nothing more than respect? If you post that you don't like them, youre just stirring up more crap...
Just like if I were to go around to all the Stapp threads and post comments bout how I don't like relearn love, or stapp or whatever, it would be stirring up crap.
So again, to reiterate
My point is-
If you dont like them, why waste your time at a board for them, stirring up crap?
Please note- "them" could refer to either Stapp or AB....

fluttergirl
10-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Dogstar, you took the words out my mouth, thank you. :clap:

Ann Allusion
10-11-2004, 08:50 PM
The music and lyrics win over fans if they are quality lyrics and music that are performed well and make people feel.

and dogstar...in order to create QUALITY lyrics and music as well as be able to perform them so we FEEL the lyrics and music...ones personality...the person they are, has to come through...if the creator doesn't put a piece of themselves into their creation...it will come across as flat and lifeless...it may be technically correct in all ways...but without PERSONALITY it does not come to life.

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 09:11 PM
and dogstar...in order to create QUALITY lyrics and music as well as be able to perform them so we FEEL the lyrics and music...ones personality...the person they are, has to come through...if the creator doesn't put a piece of themselves into their creation...it will come across as flat and lifeless...it may be technically correct in all ways...but without PERSONALITY it does not come to life.
Well, of course, but emotion was not what was being discussed here. It was the image vs. the music. Maybe personality was a poor word choice.

Ann Allusion
10-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Maybe personality was a poor word choice.

interesting how the use of a single word can clear up the whole thing...isn't it?..."Image" vs. "Personality"...one is reflective...while the other goes for the guts of the matter... ;)

then again...we can also figure that Mark knew well what he was doing by using the "word" he did...only he knows for sure, right?

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 09:20 PM
interesting how the use of a single word can clear up the whole thing...isn't it?..."Image" vs. "Personality"...one is reflective...while the other goes for the guts of the matter... ;)

then again...we can also figure that Mark knew well what he was doing by using the "word" he did...only he knows for sure, right?
Please dispense with the word games. You and I both know what he and I meant by that. I'm beginning to think you just like nitpicking and needling people.

Bridge of Clay
10-11-2004, 09:44 PM
OMG!!! I can't believe the ammount of Bullshit I'm reading... often posted by the same 2 or 3 people...

If you want to stir shit, you'll get shit...

You're blaming Mark... he blah, he blah, he blah blah blah... so, correct me if I'm wrong, but how many times have you seen Mark drunk on stage??? I don't recall any...

so don't blame Mark alone for this... Stapp screwed up BIG BIG time. Can't you reckon that?

The break-up worked both ways... don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Stapp too. But he messed up... but what's done is done. It's time to move on. Mark and Flip did. Scott is doing it. but you're still in the past...

Dogstar::: YOU OWN!

TeriB19
10-11-2004, 10:23 PM
What I wanted to say to them is this.......Tremonti doesn't have that opportunity anymore....He said NO....He ended it....He made that choice, so why did you even have to bring him into the discussion?

Ok, sorry to have to be a bit mysterious here, but I know for a fact that Tremonti isn't the one that didn't show up at the recording studios, Tremonti isn't the only one who wanted to branch out and do his own thing. Tremonti isn't the one who had all the health problems but kept them from the rest of his bandmates. You're so quick to put 100% of the blame on Mark and allow Stapp to skate away cleanly.

He worked with Myles for less than a year. To say things like Myles has the best voice (or however he put it) does say he thinks he's better than Scott. That's fine if he thinks that ... but he didn't have to tell the whole world that. I understand that business is business, but that type of comment must be hurtful to Scott. Oh WAH, :crying: for Christ sake, God forbid anyone says ANYTHING that may be hurtful to Scott. And dare I say it, there you go reading way too much into things. Mark didn't say "Myles' voice is so much better than Scott's we decided to ditch him and bring in the world's greatest singer". For crying out loud people, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, stop reading what you want to read into everything that Mark says. Better yet, stop reading Mark's interviews altogether, so you don't see him saying all those derogatory things about the great and powerful Stapp. Good Lord, I am a fan of Stapp but I know he's not the second coming.

And as a side note to Ann Allusion, your word games are just too painful for my eyes.

TremontiRx
10-11-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm beginning to think you just like nitpicking and needling people.

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bridge of Clay
10-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Right on Terry!

dear Lord... I'm beginning to laugh my ass off here otherwise I'd be crying... I can't belive how fanatic a few people decides to be.

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE THE TALIBAN OF STAPPINISM!!!

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Right on Terry!

dear Lord... I'm beginning to laugh my ass off here otherwise I'd be crying... I can't belive how fanatic a few people decides to be.

Best

TeriB19
10-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Right on Terry!

This is officially the best post I've ever read. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Marcos, your pit tickets are in the mail!! ;)

musiclover291
10-11-2004, 11:43 PM
OMG!!! I can't believe the ammount of Bullshit I'm reading... often posted by the same 2 or 3 people...

If you want to stir shit, you'll get shit...

You're blaming Mark... he blah, he blah, he blah blah blah... so, correct me if I'm wrong, but how many times have you seen Mark drunk on stage??? I don't recall any...

so don't blame Mark alone for this... Stapp screwed up BIG BIG time. Can't you reckon that?

The break-up worked both ways... don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Stapp too. But he messed up... but what's done is done. It's time to move on. Mark and Flip did. Scott is doing it. but you're still in the past...

Dogstar::: YOU OWN!

Yes Stapp made mistakes. But I think the key word is blame goes both ways. Creed was a group a business and Stapp was having problems maybe he felt the people around him didn't have his back. I think that everybody is to blame for the break up Scott, Mark, Flip, Management and Record Company. I think that one person was not to blame for Creed breakup. The public just saw Stapp mistakes out in public. I wish everyone involved the best of luck in there career. However, I wish that AB and Stapp had keep the dirty laundry out of public view when refering to the break up because it takes fans away from the music and just focus on there dirty laundry and I think that it hurts both sides. AB record sales are not as good as people thought they would be hopefully it will climb the charts soon but this week they are at #95 and I think that if the dirty laundry had been keep out they would be doing better. Stapp may encounter the same problem. I have defended Stapp many times on this board because I feel he is only human and he was going through alot and dealing with alot of demons. But the lyrics he wrote as a member of Creed lets me know that he has a good heart and I think that sometimes you have to screw up big time so you improve yourself to be a better person and I think that this is the case here. As for Mark he lost his mother and I am sure that was hard for him and I think that he is a great person I just wish that he could have been more tactful in some of comments but he is only human to. I just think that AB and Stapp have a big battle to overcome with some not all fans.

creedlvr
10-11-2004, 11:51 PM
well said musiclover.

aussiecreeder
10-11-2004, 11:55 PM
about myles singing lyrics he didn't write considering it has being already being raised in this thread (which should really be discussed in the AB section i guess). i believe he'll write at least half the lyrics for the next album but he pours his emotion into the lyrics on ODR. "in loving memory" for example i would swear he wrote those lyrics as he channels the emotion from the passing away of his father. stapp's lyrically i think is certainly better although technically he is arguably weaker.

anyhow i would say there are 3 or 4 people in this thread who i take much notice of. those who worship i just do not understand.

fluttergirl
10-12-2004, 12:00 AM
At this point in time, i think this thread is a waste. Go and have a gander at what Michael posted in the Creed unites in three years thread thingee....
Point is, no one knows, why speculate?
Listen to the music or dont, who even cares anymore?

aussiecreeder
10-12-2004, 12:06 AM
At this point in time, i think this thread is a waste. Go and have a gander at what Michael posted in the Creed unites in three years thread thingee....
Point is, no one knows, why speculate?
Listen to the music or dont, who even cares anymore?

i agree and i would give some advice if i may. to some of those in this thread go and have a read of someone who has inside knowledge (unlike us) and be informed at least a little bit. if you don't you can choose to live in a fool's paradise if you wish. i choose not to live in that paradise but i will enjoy whatever music stapp puts out because whether he is an angel or devil doesn't affect if his music is good or not. its a bonus but its not a must have IMO.

musiclover291
10-12-2004, 12:30 AM
i agree and i would give some advice if i may. to some of those in this thread go and have a read of someone who has inside knowledge (unlike us) and be informed at least a little bit. if you don't you can choose to live in a fool's paradise if you wish. i choose not to live in that paradise but i will enjoy whatever music stapp puts out because whether he is an angel or devil doesn't affect if his music is good or not. its a bonus but its not a must have IMO.

Michael will say those things he supports his brother and I don't blame him. At the end of the day no one really knows the truth. I think it is safe to say Stapp, AB, Management and the Record Label have good and bad sides to them it is only human. It's just like a divorce. I say again the dirty laundry should have been keep out of the media even if they hate each other behind close doors because it hurts everyone involved must of all the fans.

Dogstar
10-12-2004, 12:33 AM
As I just said in another thread, keeping quiet about the dirty laundry, as you put it, would not have satisfied most Creed fans. Let's face it, people would have wanted to know. It's human nature. It would be nice to have all sides involved keep quiet about it, but it's not realistic. The more quiet they are, the more insistent the questions become.

aussiecreeder
10-12-2004, 12:45 AM
and the AB guys were always going to be asked what happened. what are they supposed to do? lie to cover for someone or perhaps they could put a bit of spin over everything? it seems to me they answered their questions in the most honest fashion possible without hurting people or causing any legal issues.

fluttergirl
10-12-2004, 12:47 AM
and the AB guys were always going to be asked what happened. what are they supposed to do? lie to cover for someone or perhaps they could put a bit of spin over everything? it seems to me they answered their questions in the most honest fashion possible without hurting people or causing any legal issues.
I concur.

musiclover291
10-12-2004, 01:03 AM

Michael used Jen and Ben in his post. Well let me use Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman when they divorce everyone wanted to know why they divorce but neither never sad anything to the media and they are both huge stars. We all wanted to know everyone thought they had a perfect marriage but they divorced and up until this day the public or media does not know the truth about the divorce and they both have great careers and the public interest faded on why they divorce. So don't tell me that it could not be done.

musiclover291
10-12-2004, 01:04 AM

Who is saying that Stapp is not telling truth in what he believes he has backed up many statements saying that he is to blame. I'm not saying AB is to lying but the truth is some where in the middle.

ctfan
10-12-2004, 08:02 PM
What a shame.......................what this place has gone to. A while ago, before the board was split up, and the other site was around, I remember people always talking about how unfriendly the pit was. I'm sorry, but if creedpit is worse than this place, it must be the deepest pit in hell or something! If any of you want to see this person anymore, you won't find me here. There is a place where people can comprimise, and discuss things and keep the board peacefull, unlike CreedFeed. United we stand, divided we fall. How true that saying is.

I don't understand how many of these people I've seen in this thread are/were Creed fans, 'cause most of ya sure don't act like the music meant anything to you! Now we see the trueness of "the only way is one." This place aint the way, and it's awfully divided. Hey, uhh, just some advice to the future of this board, you might as well just take the stapp forums off, all they do 'round here is stir trouble. If you decide to go ahead and keep it, though, I beleive the cause of the conterversy is how probably NO thread on here someone doesn't bring up Alter Bridge and start an arguement. On the STAPP forums it's always AB this, AB that, Myles is better than Scott 'cause he has a high voice (just 'cause he sings higher, doesn't make it better), Stapp can't do nothin without Tremonti, BLAH BLAH BLAH! We'll see about that in the very near future.

Well, goodbye to this board, I mean living hell. May you people once again be joyful around each other, and frolic through the pages of this board in unity. (Yes, that was supposed to sound stupid.) Bye to the people here who were actually pretty cool, thanks for the good times that I did have here.

It still saddens me to see what four guys brought together, and then for us all to divide this way. It truly is a shame, but maybe it was meant to be.

Bye!

I'm sorry to see you go, :( but I think alot of us understand why you did.

Trimontana
10-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Seven pages and counting.... :D