Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Things you want to hear on the next AB Album? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Things you want to hear on the next AB Album?

DekWannaBFlea
09-23-2004, 01:01 PM
So tell me what you think should be on the next Alterbridge Album.....

THings I would liKe to see....

-More slow solos, I love shredding but slow solos that fit are so badass. (IE. John Frusiante from RCHP) I know tremonti could think up some great stuff and it would but some more varity in already diverse solos.

- Bass solos, OMG Marshall does nothing but stay with tremonti on One day remains. Lets see some bad ass bass solos. Remember Illusion from My own prison? Thats the last time i remember him doing a bass solo. I know he is good i just want to see him do something.

-More of tremonti singing, A bit more but not too much.

-Keyboards....... Flip did it on Weathered, I wana see it again.

-More of Myles playin, and figure some way to make em work together.

Thats about all of i can think of right now, I loved one day remains and i think it is an awesome cd, but i think they can make it even more badass. :D

What do you think should be on the next album?

The Lithium
09-23-2004, 02:04 PM
-Drum solo from Flip
-Song/songs written by Myles

RMadd
09-23-2004, 02:18 PM
even more wicked hardcore shredding, Eddie Van Halen style (a song like Eruption would be off the heezy!)

The Lithium
09-23-2004, 04:59 PM
I think Mark is shredding pretty much on ODR, but okay, go ahead!! :D Just don't shred on every song

DekWannaBFlea
09-23-2004, 06:17 PM
even more wicked hardcore shredding, Eddie Van Halen style (a song like Eruption would be off the heezy!)

Maybe the same amount of shreding and some solo slows? Solos don't have to be fast to be good.....Listen to Californication by the Red hot chili peppers.

Dogstar
09-23-2004, 07:05 PM
I kind of want to enjoy this one for a while before I start thinking about the next one :D

The Lithium
09-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Well said Kerry!!

R U Ready?
09-24-2004, 11:23 PM
A little more progression in the song order, like Creed usually did well, especially Weathered. (Bullets, Freedom Fighter-hard, WGMB-epic and progressive, DSD, Hide, slower, softer, etc.) I thought after BID AB was going to get slower and more "Creedish" but then they have Metalingus, which kinda punches you in the nose. Then BW, ILM, and DTML which are creedish. Then slap you in the face with WYW :D, then back to a Creed-like song SMS, and finally, OK kick in the ass TEIH. I mean, I like the songs, but I like the way Weathered progressed down the line from heavy metal to eventually soft and light. Also, more Marshall bass like Illusion like someone said, a Flip solo, more Mark singing, maybe an instrumental, and less ooooooos from Myles.

DekWannaBFlea
09-25-2004, 02:42 AM
A little more progression in the song order, like Creed usually did well, especially Weathered. (Bullets, Freedom Fighter-hard, WGMB-epic and progressive, DSD, Hide, slower, softer, etc.) I thought after BID AB was going to get slower and more "Creedish" but then they have Metalingus, which kinda punches you in the nose. Then BW, ILM, and DTML which are creedish. Then slap you in the face with WYW :D, then back to a Creed-like song SMS, and finally, OK kick in the ass TEIH. I mean, I like the songs, but I like the way Weathered progressed down the line from heavy metal to eventually soft and light. Also, more Marshall bass like Illusion like someone said, a Flip solo, more Mark singing, maybe an instrumental, and less ooooooos from Myles.

Wow you read my mind.....I Don't know though, I like your point about the song order, but i i think mixing it up like AB has done gives more excitement to album, you don't know what is going to happen next ! I also argree with the point of less oooo's by Myles, will its cool i think that he should just cut out and not sing anything during those parts.

The Lithium
09-25-2004, 05:27 AM
and less ooooooos from Myles.
No way, no one can sing "oooo" like Myles!!

AndrewFromABRox
09-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Guitar: No complaints really, maybe a SRV influenced blues song??
Vocals: Nadda, love 'em!
Drums: Great upgrade from Creed, Maybe some more super-fast fills, but it's awesome!
Bass: Bass I think is the only thing lacking from this album, its like Brian forgot who he was in this album! I mean the bass is almost no better than weathered and Mark did that! I want more MOP influnced bass, he a lot of more improvsing type stuff.

StillACreedFan
09-25-2004, 02:54 PM
-More of tremonti singing, A bit more but not too much.
Definitely

Dogstar
09-25-2004, 04:01 PM
I love Myles' oooo oooo's too!

AndrewFromABRox
09-25-2004, 04:56 PM
I love Myles' oooo oooo's too!
Yea, i have a feeling they're goin to be his signature thing, so unique.

The Lithium
09-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Maybe, Myles rules anyway!!

evyllsummer
09-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Maybe, Myles rules anyway!!

yeah, that's all I'll say about it...Myles rules...

Dogstar
09-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Yea, i have a feeling they're goin to be his signature thing, so unique.
It sort of reminds of me Layne Staley's yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah yeahs from the old Alice In Chains days. :thumbsup:

The Lithium
09-26-2004, 04:42 AM
yeah, that's all I'll say about it...Myles rules...
Yeah, keep on oooo'ing big boy! :D

aussiecreeder
09-26-2004, 10:49 AM
maynard from tool/apc has his yelling thing for long periods eg:the grudge as his trademark. i feel myles' trademark will be hitting crazy notes for crazy periods of time ala "save me". i would love to see more of that on the next album and for mark to let loose even more with tapping and all that on the next album. perhaps some prof type stuff with time changes and for brian and flip to play a big role on their sophomore album. i hope myles writes more songs for the next album and this includes music as anyone who knows myles pre-AB would attest.

andrton
09-30-2004, 02:33 AM
more forceful drums from Mr. Philips...i enjoyed his drums on find the real and metalingus, so i guess i'd like to hear more of that...myles has such a full and expressive voice that there is absolutely nothing he has to improve on...i agree on the slow solo thing (remember with arms wide open and higher?)...brian marshall is just great...i missed his presence in the weathered album..i felt it was a bit lacking because of his absence...more solos from brian!!!!

Dogstar
09-30-2004, 02:35 AM
Yes, Flip did show some stuff on Metalingus, Find the Real and One Day Remains, as well.
Welcome to the board, andrton :)

Mr. Prophet Man
09-30-2004, 09:50 AM
-a guest appearance by stapp
-a creed cover as a hidden/bonus track
-more songs with the Metalingus style of playing
-instrumentals
-more solos from mark
-brian should turn up the bass
-less oooo's, less high pitched vocals
-mark should sing lead on a couple of songs
-myles should write lyrics

svens a svens
09-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Guitar: Great playing, I'd like to hear a few more slow solos, but any solo is better than none. I wanna hear tremonti try writing some more original and innovative stuff.

Bass: TURN IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a very bass driven song and a solo...

Drums: Flip kicks ass... I'd like to hear some real jammy groovin' part...

Vocals: Myles rules, I love his style on Find the Real...

Songwriting: They need to write some more creative and innovative stuff and establish their sound as Alter Bridge. I'd like to see them try to some new styles, new sounds, and take a chance on at least 1 song. My Own Prison had some unique songs, but Weathered wasn't very creative, it lacked a lot of originality. Hopefully, Myles will influence the writing more for the next album and I would love to hear an instrumental!

peace and love yall...

~svens a svens~

aussiecreeder
09-30-2004, 10:21 AM
a guest appearance by stapp? hahaha right after hell freezes over! :)

evyllsummer
09-30-2004, 10:36 AM
i feel myles' trademark will be hitting crazy notes for crazy periods of time ala "save me". i would love to see more of that on the next album ... perhaps some prog type stuff with time changes and for brian and flip to play a big role on their sophomore album. i hope myles writes more songs for the next album and this includes music as anyone who knows myles pre-AB would attest.

Myles with the high notes...I agree wholeheartedly, and yeah, maybe a prog type song that would really let Flip and Marshall tear it up, and, of course, I'm looking forward to Myles having more of a writing role...

DekWannaBFlea
09-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Myles with the high notes...I agree wholeheartedly, and yeah, maybe a prog type song that would really let Flip and Marshall tear it up, and, of course, I'm looking forward to Myles having more of a writing role...

Agreed. Exactly what i want.