Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I was just listening to some of Creed's old music and... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I was just listening to some of Creed's old music and...

WhatsUrCreed
09-22-2004, 10:36 PM
CREED STILL KICKS ASS!!!!! NOTHING WILL EVER AMOUNT TO WHAT THEY HAD AND WHAT THEY WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE!!! HERES TO THEIR REUNION!!!! NEVER LOSE FAITH!!!!

-CreedFan

(aint over till the fat lady sings...)
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

The Lithium
09-23-2004, 01:54 AM
No, Alter Bridge is better. Also I like Myles better than Stapp, even if I'm a huge Creed fan and I support Stapp. But I'm not too crazy 'bout Relearn Love...

kariyanine
09-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Dude,

he's allowed to have an opinion for crying out loud. If he thinks Creed is better then he thinks Creed is better. You may like Alter Bridge more but some people like Creed more, myself being one of them. I like Alter Bridge and I like Stapp solo but to me, and others also, the mix of Mark's guitar work and Scott's vocals are tops. Everyone has an opinion it doesn't make it wrong one way or the other.

The Lithium
09-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Wait, hold on now... So he's allowed to have his opinion, but I'm not? I never said anything about HIS opinion, I said MINE!!! I love Creed!! Watch your words, or your words might drown you...

kariyanine
09-23-2004, 03:55 PM
No Lith, look at your words because right now you are drowning in them.....

You said No, Alter Bridge is better.. That's a statement, not an opinion. I'm not going to get into a gramatical argument with you here because this isn't English class it's an internet message board.

You seem to cut alot of people down for not being behind Alter Bridge as much as you and you state it as fact that Alter Bridge is better when that is an opinion. An opinion, mind you, that would be very hard to back up as fact; considering that Creed released three albums, had alot of #1 hits (+ the most #1s off a debut rock album), won tons of awards, and ran for almost a decade and Alter Bridge has released one album, had no #1s (as of yet), won no awards (as of yet), and has been around for no more than half a a year. It's great that you are enthusiastic about Alter Bridge but some of us are still trying to get over the fact that Creed broke up and even if Alter Bridge lasts twice as long as Creed did, there will still be people that are going to say that Creed was tops. Everyone can have any opinion, even you Lith, but let them have it and don't cut them down just because you don't like what they think.

Jooji_2
09-23-2004, 04:45 PM
CREED STILL KICKS ASS!!!!! NOTHING WILL EVER AMOUNT TO WHAT THEY HAD AND WHAT THEY WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE!!! HERES TO THEIR REUNION!!!! NEVER LOSE FAITH!!!!

-CreedFan

(aint over till the fat lady sings...)
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Give me a Creed CD anyday.......I'm still listening...and will continue to listen. :D

Jooji_2
09-23-2004, 04:53 PM
No, Alter Bridge is better. Also I like Myles better than Stapp, even if I'm a huge Creed fan and I support Stapp. But I'm not too crazy 'bout Relearn Love...

In my opinion its rather unfair to judge Stapp's song, which was written for a very specific situation and purpose, against a full CD by his "former" bandmates.

I think all the people that are judging the song Relearn Love as indicative of what Stapp will do solo, will be very surprised when they finally hear his solo stuff.

I think all the naysayers are gonna be real surprised. :D

P.S. And though it is just my opinion...everyone else has theirs....Alter Bridge will never be as successful as Creed. At least not from the way things are looking at the moment....even though the situation could change.

The Lithium
09-23-2004, 05:08 PM
You said . That's a statement, not an opinion. I'm not going to get into a gramatical argument with you here because this isn't English class it's an internet message board.
Are you trying to piss me off, or what? He said: "NOTHING WILL EVER AMOUNT TO WHAT THEY HAD AND WHAT THEY WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE", I say "No, Alter Bridge is better". I'm sure he respects my opinion and I respect his, I didn't wanna get in a fight with him or anything, he said Creed was better I said Alter Bridge was better, and you just seem to have a very stinky day! He didn't say "I like Creed better", and I didn't say "I like AB better". But if you think I'm that annoying, just don't read my posts Goddammit!!

And it's not how many no: #1 singles or awards you win that counts... But the music and the fans, Alter Bridge love their fans, and they show it to us everyday!! And I'm proud of them!! They didn't just kick out Scott of the band - they began over again, and that's huge!!

P.S. And though it is just my opinion...everyone else has theirs....Alter Bridge will never be as successful as Creed. At least not from the way things are looking at the moment....even though the situation could change.
Never say never, Metallica were so unknown when they started, look at them now!! And even if they won't - what does it matter?

Jooji_2
09-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Never say never, Metallica were so unknown when they started, look at them now!! And even if they won't - what does it matter?

Have you checked the most current Billboard chart? Creed sold what....6-7 million copies of My Own Prison. I'm not wishin em bad luck or anything....but the charts ain't lookin too good.

If its fun for them, then so be it. I'm glad they are having fun....but I would think that at some point...it would have to become a profitable situation.

P.S. Oh.....I don't own any Metallica either. See, my taste in music is very different from yours. :D

The Lithium
09-23-2004, 05:44 PM
ODR is/were at #5, that's awesome for a debut!! And it still haven't been released all over Europe, or the rest of the world - so I'm not worried at all!!

P.S. Metallica is one of the best bands ever!!

Jooji_2
09-23-2004, 09:09 PM
ODR is/were at #5, that's awesome for a debut!! And it still haven't been released all over Europe, or the rest of the world - so I'm not worried at all!!

P.S. Metallica is one of the best bands ever!!

Sure #5 was a good debut but now, what, six weeks later....it isn't even on the top 50 of the Billboard Top 200 Album chart. I can't tell you where it is cause I can't see the entire chart.

See, your stating that Metallica is one of the best bands ever...is your opinion...I just don't happen to share it with the same enthusiasm you do. That doesn't make me dumb for not thinking it too...it just means I don't have the same taste as you in music....just like I don't care for Alter Bridge because I don't share your taste in music.

See....shredding and kick ass guitar solos just don't float my boat....or crank my tractor dude...that doesn't mean I don't know what I like. :D

DekWannaBFlea
09-23-2004, 09:14 PM
1. Record sales don't not tell how good a band is.

2. You can't compare records sold because Alterbridge has only been out a month and all the other creed albums were out WAY longer. Things aren't looking good? They have sold almost a million copies of One day remains already.......

3. Saying AB will never be as sucessful as creed is possible......We shall see, considering a lot of the creed fans are AB fans and non creed fans having been liking the alterbridge stuff (mainly because of Stapp is out). Don't believe me? Go to www.mxtabs.net and check out the forums. Mostly positive stuff from people.

4. Creed will never reunite if AB is successful.

5. Scott will sell his stuff but i doubt any where near creed or AB. He will do well on the Christian rock chart but thats about it.......

6. o yeah i don't even think creed debuted on the top 100 in the first month that my own prision was released.

Dogstar
09-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Amen, and neither does the number of appearances on Billboard's lists. Judge the music for the music. I wish the so-called Stapp supporters would stop being so sensitive about people's enthusiasm for Alter Bridge.

kariyanine
09-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Lith, I would gladly not read your posts except you post your opinion to evrything. So it is kind of hard to escape.

It's kind of unfair to bring Metallica into this argument at all as Metallica was exactly what you said "so unknown when they started out". Alter Bridge is not unknown. They had and have the Creed hype behind them. Almost a decade's worth of quality of music will do that. Alter Bridge does not have the luxury of anonymity, they are superstars due to their being part of Creed. That would be like saying Velvet Revolver is an unknown and with the superstar talent they have it just isn't possible.

Bridge of Clay
09-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Give me a Creed CD anyday.......I'm still listening...and will continue to listen. :D

Shit! That has to be the first time I agree with you.

Creed owns. I love AB to the bone, but I still like Creed better. Maybe coz it was my First Love! The first band I truly cared about and influenced me in such positive ways.

Xterminator27
09-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Heres an idea..
WHO CARES? You like creed alot? good for you, im tired of people bullshitting each other about who is better, how about WHY DOES IT MATTER? I love creed and alterbridge, making a favorite is pointless, and arguing about your favorite is even more pointless. Just listen to it, enjoy it all and thats that. No point in arguing about superiourity because its just plane stupid.

The Lithium
09-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Sure #5 was a good debut but now, what, six weeks later....
You just posted that to be negative.

See, your stating that Metallica is one of the best bands ever...is your opinion...I just don't happen to share it with the same enthusiasm you do.
Come on, we're on this forum to talk to each other, and each others opinions!! Metallica was just an exemple, and I like them, that's my opinion. I never said you couldn't have yours! You said: "I don't like them", I said: "I like them". Just drop it!!

just like I don't care for Alter Bridge because I don't share your taste in music.
No, and I am totally okay with that, if your opinion comforts you I don't care for it, but you seem to have problems with mine.

I loved your whole post man!!

Lith, I would gladly not read your posts except you post your opinion to evrything. So it is kind of hard to escape.
Listen, I don't like you either darling, feel free to put me on your "Ignore List", and you won't see my posts anymore!! I don't wanna start a fight with anyone, but you guys are turning every word I say against me!

I also liked X's post!!

luvscott4ever
09-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Shit! That has to be the first time I agree with you.

Creed owns. I love AB to the bone, but I still like Creed better. Maybe coz it was my First Love! The first band I truly cared about and influenced me in such positive ways.

AMEN TO THAT!! That's EXACTLY how I feel....I don't LOVE AB, but I do like them ALOT!! The last couple of days, I've been in a Creed mood...yesterday at work I listened to all 3 cd's, working my way back from Weathered, up to their BEST...My Own Prison...which I happen to be listening to again, RIGHT NOW!! ;) (Sister, is the song playing at the moment!!)

The Lithium
09-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Damn, I really love that song!! :D Don't you get me wrong now guys, I'm still a huge Creed fan, they will always have a special place in my heart that no one can re-place. And so has AB, and ODR is a freaking insane record!! :rockon:

Jooji_2
09-24-2004, 06:00 PM
You just posted that to be negative.

I posted it because it's reality. Hasn't everyone here who wishes Stapp well been told to be realistic...to look at things the way they are? Record sales don't indicate if a band is good or not...I agree. But record sales are what determines if a band is gonna make it. If ya got enough cash to record, release and sell your own records, then you got the bucks to do what you want. But record companies aren't in it for the "fun". They are in it to make money....just like any other big corporation. CD's that don't sell big aren't making their record companies money....so at some point the record company has to look at what they are getting in return for their investment. It may not be fair to the bands out there that can't find huge fan bases....but its the reality of the music business.

And to the person who claims that ODR has sold almost a million copies...can you point me to a link on a reputable website that states that. Their largest sales numbers were 95,000 in one week...their first. I'm sure they may be close to selling a "gold" record....but one million copies?

Call me negative if you want.....but I don't make the statements without facts that back them up. I've never come here and said that Alter Bridge would suck. I actually listened to them before I decided it wasn't something I was particularly interested in. Two people can both look at the very same thing, and both see it differently. I've never said I hope they crashed and burned...anyone who knows me and the places I post will tell you I've always said I wished them luck. If others here can speculate and postulate about Stapp's personal life and say he needs to relearn music...then why can't we realistically discuss what's going on with Alter Bridge? No one hesitates to start a discussion about Stapp, especially if it's something negative. But, why does every discussion of Alter Bridge have to be void of any criticism at all. That makes it a very obvious double standard...the way I see it.

I actually wish them "ALL" of them luck and hope that they all end up doing what truly makes them happy. :D

The Lithium
09-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Well, ODR have sold way better than what MOP did first month!! MOP sure didn't sold gold in 2 or 3 days!!

kariyanine
09-24-2004, 07:53 PM
actually ODR didnt go gold in 2-3 days either and MOP didnt have the hype behind it but whatever.

Jooji_2
09-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Well, ODR have sold way better than what MOP did first month!! MOP sure didn't sold gold in 2 or 3 days!!

Actually I understand from info. posted at another board that One Day Remains has sold approximately 229,386 copies to date. (That is posted at the Metal Sludge website) Thats not quite half way to gold. It won't get an RIAA gold certification until it sells 500,000 copies.

Creed was unknown when they released MOP. Alter Bridge has been hyped as the "original members of Creed minus Scott Stapp" for months now.

Xterminator27
09-25-2004, 02:30 AM
Yhea so backstreet Boys sold more singles then creed, man they must be WAY better

DekWannaBFlea
09-25-2004, 03:49 AM
I posted it because it's reality. Hasn't everyone here who wishes Stapp well been told to be realistic...to look at things the way they are? Record sales don't indicate if a band is good or not...I agree. But record sales are what determines if a band is gonna make it. If ya got enough cash to record, release and sell your own records, then you got the bucks to do what you want. But record companies aren't in it for the "fun". They are in it to make money....just like any other big corporation. CD's that don't sell big aren't making their record companies money....so at some point the record company has to look at what they are getting in return for their investment. It may not be fair to the bands out there that can't find huge fan bases....but its the reality of the music business.

And to the person who claims that ODR has sold almost a million copies...can you point me to a link on a reputable website that states that. Their largest sales numbers were 95,000 in one week...their first. I'm sure they may be close to selling a "gold" record....but one million copies?

Call me negative if you want.....but I don't make the statements without facts that back them up. I've never come here and said that Alter Bridge would suck. I actually listened to them before I decided it wasn't something I was particularly interested in. Two people can both look at the very same thing, and both see it differently. I've never said I hope they crashed and burned...anyone who knows me and the places I post will tell you I've always said I wished them luck. If others here can speculate and postulate about Stapp's personal life and say he needs to relearn music...then why can't we realistically discuss what's going on with Alter Bridge? No one hesitates to start a discussion about Stapp, especially if it's something negative. But, why does every discussion of Alter Bridge have to be void of any criticism at all. That makes it a very obvious double standard...the way I see it.

I actually wish them "ALL" of them luck and hope that they all end up doing what truly makes them happy. :D

1. My bad i meant 100,000

2. its been a month, you can't tell how bad they are going to sell.

3. Radios are giving AB's live preformences good reviews, thus it's good advertisement, thus more fans.

4. They will pick up noncreed fans to replace those creed fans who don't like AB.

5. I never said you couldn't critique AB, I have given many concerns i have had as well.

The Lithium
09-25-2004, 05:53 AM
actually ODR didnt go gold in 2-3 days either and MOP didnt have the hype behind it but whatever.
Actually it did!! Here's a post from Micheal August 12th:

After the performance an amazing thing happened.
Steve Lerner(president of Wind Up) presented the guys with their certified gold record plaques.
Remember that gold is 500,000 copies shipped and actually Wind Up shipped around 750,000 units.
Hate to say I told you so!! I could PM the whole post from Micheal to you!!

Yhea so backstreet Boys sold more singles then creed, man they must be WAY better
Haha, man I love ya!! :D

Creed was unknown when they released MOP. Alter Bridge has been hyped as the "original members of Creed minus Scott Stapp" for months now.
Soooo? They still sold gold smartie!!

farmgirl
09-25-2004, 11:05 AM
"Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) After the performance an amazing thing happened.
Steve Lerner(president of Wind Up) presented the guys with their certified gold record plaques.
Remember that gold is 500,000 copies shipped and actually Wind Up shipped around 750,000 units"

Okay, I'm confused. Can someone please explain this to me? A cd cannot be certified Gold until it sells 500,000 copies right? Shipping 500,000 to record stores doesn't mean those 500,000 are going to sell. So if that's correct, how can the guys have received certified gold plaques for cd's shipped, not sold? That # of 229,386 is supposed to be the amount sold as of 9/24/04. I don't get it. :(

TeriB19
09-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Rose, I believe that 500,000 SHIPPED gets certified gold.

Steve
09-25-2004, 01:38 PM
The RIAA awards are based on SHIPPED not SOLD as far as I know.

ctfan
09-25-2004, 03:35 PM
From the RIAA wesbsite....

"The RIAAŽ GoldŽ and PlatinumŽ Awards program was launched in 1958 in an effort to create a standard by which to measure sales of a sound recording. In the beginning, there was only a GoldŽ album award for the sale of 500,000 copies. As the industry grew, other awards were developed. The PlatinumŽ award (1,000,000 sold) was created in 1976 and with the advent of the compact disc and the subsequent increase in sales, the Multi-Platinum™ award was created in 1984. On March 16, 1999, the RIAAŽ launched the DiamondŽ Awards, honoring sales of 10 million copies or more of an album or single."

It's 500,000 SOLD, not shipped.

ctfan
09-25-2004, 03:40 PM

"The RIAAŽ GoldŽ and PlatinumŽ Awards program was launched in 1958 in an effort to create a standard by which to measure sales of a sound recording. In the beginning, there was only a GoldŽ album award for the sale of 500,000 copies. As the industry grew, other awards were developed. The PlatinumŽ award (1,000,000 sold) was created in 1976 and with the advent of the compact disc and the subsequent increase in sales, the Multi-Platinum™ award was created in 1984. On March 16, 1999, the RIAAŽ launched the DiamondŽ Awards, honoring sales of 10 million copies or more of an album or single."

Sorry, I didn't think to add this to my reply. Here is a link for more info on certifications....

http://www.riaa.com/gp/certification/default.asp

Dogstar
09-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Maybe they issued the plaques in anticipation of selling 500,000 CDs? I don't know, just a thought. I always thought it was for records sold as well.

Jooji_2
09-25-2004, 04:49 PM

Read what I said....I agreed that sales don't indicate a band's talent.

I got friends that listen to rap music....I don't go out to clubs with them cause thats the kind of places they go. I can't worry about other people's taste in music. In my opinion the Backstreet Boys are a joke. If someone else wants to waste their money buying their crap....that's their perogative. I stick to what I like....listen to what I like....and buy what I like. I don't care how many people listen to NSYNC, the Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears or anybody of that ilk. They can buy all the crappy CDs they want....but you will never find any of that in my CD collection....cause in my opinion....its CRAP. :D

Jooji_2
09-25-2004, 04:56 PM

Isn't it Human Clay that in the past year was Certified Diamond, after they SOLD 11 million copies? :D

Jooji_2
09-25-2004, 05:06 PM
I found this:

What does it actually mean to have your album go gold or platinum? Who decides which records get this award?

In the United States, Gold, Platinum, Multi-Platinum, and Diamond awards are granted by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) based on certified album sales. These titles are legally registered by the RIAA and cannot be awarded or used by anyone else in the U.S. without authorization.

farmgirl
09-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks for everyone's input to my question. I would think in order to be certified Gold...it would have to actually sell that many. Otherwise, a record label could ship out 500,000 cd's everytime they want to promote a band and say it's Gold. What if the cd's sit on the shelves in the stores and don't sell? Then it would be unfair to say your cd is Gold when it really isn't.

I'm not dumping on Ab here just so you know, or trying to take anything away from them but I'm just trying to understand how it all works. Maybe a label saying a cd is certified gold is different to the RIAA gold certification??
I have no clue, lol.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Xterminator27
09-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Read what I said....I agreed that sales don't indicate a band's talent.

I got friends that listen to rap music....I don't go out to clubs with them cause thats the kind of places they go. I can't worry about other people's taste in music. In my opinion the Backstreet Boys are a joke. If someone else wants to waste their money buying their crap....that's their perogative. I stick to what I like....listen to what I like....and buy what I like. I don't care how many people listen to NSYNC, the Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears or anybody of that ilk. They can buy all the crappy CDs they want....but you will never find any of that in my CD collection....cause in my opinion....its CRAP. :D

No thats not my point,

My point is

WHY DOES IT MATTER???

As long as they keep making songs for me, im happy, who gives a shit on how many CDs they sell worldwide or how many "platnum" cirtificates they get. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER

ctfan
09-25-2004, 09:30 PM
No thats not my point,

My point is

WHY DOES IT MATTER???

As long as they keep making songs for me, im happy, who gives a shit on how many CDs they sell worldwide or how many "platnum" cirtificates they get. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER

It makes no difference to me at all, cause I don't care for the cd. I just put the info out there because Michael was wrong in saying that it's certifed based on the # of cd's shipped...not sold. It may be certified as far as Wind up is concerned, but according to the RIAA, Alter Bridge hasn't earned it yet.

If you like the cd...that's great. :D

DekWannaBFlea
09-25-2004, 10:31 PM
It doesn't matter......AB has out sold creed in its first month, that was the original point. Countering the argument that AB is not selling.

WhatsUrCreed
09-26-2004, 02:22 AM
AB sold more than Creed's first album cuz they are running on Creed's glory...and they will run THAT into the ground as well...

The Lithium
09-26-2004, 05:08 AM
The RIAA awards are based on SHIPPED not SOLD as far as I know.
Exactly, thanks Steve!! That way ABBA could sell cold before the CD was released - it's ture!! So, One Day Remains sold gold in 2/3 days, end of story!

Jooji_2
09-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Exactly, thanks Steve!! That way ABBA could sell cold before the CD was released - it's ture!! So, One Day Remains sold gold in 2/3 days, end of story!

Go ahead...think whatever you want little dude.....but all the information found so far states its based on CDs SOLD. The RIAA is the only organization that awards those certifications in the U.S....and everything you find about them says SOLD. But if it makes you feel better...think what you want. :D

joy division
09-26-2004, 11:50 AM
i think people need to realize that now a days and more so in the future, Creed is going to be looked at as a group that people will never admit to liking....kinda like Vanilla Ice.

thats going to be the #1 reason why AB and Stapp will never be selling out arenas or having huge selling albums. a big part of Creed's audience was the same crowd who bought NSYNC in 2000. but people grow up and their musical tastes mature.

no one really wants anything to do with Creed anymore. the general public isnt going to embrace Alter Bridge or Scott Stapp. i'll be surprised if either record goes platinum.

now with that being said, all of you guys are ridiculous. its just music. if Stapp really likes the music he's making and it only sells 100,000 copies then SO WHAT?? would that be a failure? not at all. commercially maybe but to the artist it wouldnt be. that applies to Alter Bridge as well. they look like theyre having a blast they say that they're making the best music of their lives. they like their music - if it doesnt sell SO WHAT??

FACE REALITY EVERYBODY (THAT INCLUDES ALL OF YOU). YOURE NOT GOING TO GET THE PAST BACK. TRY TO SEE WHATS REALLY IMPORTANT.

-your favorite newbie.

Dogstar
09-26-2004, 02:49 PM
a big part of Creed's audience was the same crowd who bought NSYNC in 2000.

Hahaha, you really don't have a clue about Creed fans. The people I know who like NSYNC despised Creed. If you're here to start trouble (troll alert), take it somewhere else.

DekWannaBFlea
09-26-2004, 05:15 PM
AB sold more than Creed's first album cuz they are running on Creed's glory...and they will run THAT into the ground as well...

lol, how exactly will they do that? And you have yet to counter my agrument that they will make new noncreed fans, but I guess you will ignore that i ever said that.....What have alter bridge run into the ground?

The Lithium
09-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Go ahead...think whatever you want little dude.....but all the information found so far states its based on CDs SOLD. The RIAA is the only organization that awards those certifications in the U.S....and everything you find about them says SOLD. But if it makes you feel better...think what you want. :D
Hey little dude, you only say that because I was right!! Creed sold gold in the same way, EVERYONE sells gold this way, shipped - not sold!!

kariyanine
09-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Gold & Platium - Certification (http://www.riaa.com/gp/certification/)

This explins how the certs are met. From how I read it the certs are based off albums shipped (minus returns) and then sold. You cannot ship 500,000 units and call that a gold record. The album needs to be audited by the RIAA first. First week sales of One Day Remains were at 95,000 units, putting it 405,000 units shy of a gold record. According to the RIAA database (which is accesible from the link above) Alter Bridge isn't certified anything as of yet.
Now the RIAA database may be behind, I don't know I don't work for them. In any case I would think that Wind-Up (http://www.winduprecords.com/) would have put the fact that Alter Bridge went gold up on their site if it had happened as they have put up the certs for the rest of the bands.... Seether DISCLAIMER- gold, Finger Eleven SELF TITLED - Platinum in Canada, Evanescence FALLEN - Platinum in 35 countries including 5X in the US, Creed - 30 million worldwide.

I still think comparing it to MOP is silly as ODR is silly as Alter Bridge has a built in fan base and has quite alot of hype behind it that MOP & Creed didn't have.

DekWannaBFlea
09-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Gold & Platium - Certification (http://www.riaa.com/gp/certification/)

This explins how the certs are met. From how I read it the certs are based off albums shipped (minus returns) and then sold. You cannot ship 500,000 units and call that a gold record. The album needs to be audited by the RIAA first. First week sales of One Day Remains were at 95,000 units, putting it 405,000 units shy of a gold record. According to the RIAA database (which is accesible from the link above) Alter Bridge isn't certified anything as of yet.
Now the RIAA database may be behind, I don't know I don't work for them. In any case I would think that Wind-Up (http://www.winduprecords.com/) would have put the fact that Alter Bridge went gold up on their site if it had happened as they have put up the certs for the rest of the bands.... Seether DISCLAIMER- gold, Finger Eleven SELF TITLED - Platinum in Canada, Evanescence FALLEN - Platinum in 35 countries including 5X in the US, Creed - 30 million worldwide.

I still think comparing it to MOP is silly as ODR is silly as Alter Bridge has a built in fan base and has quite alot of hype behind it that MOP & Creed didn't have.

True to some point, but just because AB comes out with somthing doesn't mean everybody will like it. I don't know how this got to this point, i didn't want to compare AB's record sales to creed's. But when someone says that AB isn't selling very many albums, and they are just running on creed's glory, it has to be countered. Sorry it got out of hand .

The Lithium
09-27-2004, 12:56 PM
So what are you trying to say, AB didn't sell gold? You're funny!!

Xterminator27
09-30-2004, 10:19 PM
i think people need to realize that now a days and more so in the future, Creed is going to be looked at as a group that people will never admit to liking....kinda like Vanilla Ice.

thats going to be the #1 reason why AB and Stapp will never be selling out arenas or having huge selling albums. a big part of Creed's audience was the same crowd who bought NSYNC in 2000. but people grow up and their musical tastes mature.

no one really wants anything to do with Creed anymore. the general public isnt going to embrace Alter Bridge or Scott Stapp. i'll be surprised if either record goes platinum.
FACE REALITY EVERYBODY (THAT INCLUDES ALL OF YOU). YOURE NOT GOING TO GET THE PAST BACK. TRY TO SEE WHATS REALLY IMPORTANT.

-your favorite newbie.

And back to our show! "You know your a fucking moron when........"
"and it looks like we have a winner!"

RMadd
09-30-2004, 10:26 PM
And back to our show! "You know your a fucking moron when........"
"and it looks like we have a winner!"
amen, X, amen

Redeemer
10-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Oh my GOD, what is all this dissention for?! I didn't even read this whole thread (I'm on a time limit) but I can see that the whole Creed breakup thing has really divided this board. That's not good. I see some of us are too quick to shoot down other ppl's opinion with their own, and some of us are forsaking the good feeling that had kept us together, just being one in Creed. Well, why can't we still be one? Stapp's doing his thing, the other three are doing their thing, everyone's happy...except us. We have to b!tch at each other because Lith may like Alter Bridge and the thread starter may still be into Creed...why can't we just accept each other's taste? I like Alter bridge, I LOVE Creed, and I am CRAZY about Stapp. So who wants to flame me?

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to run this board after my loooooong absence. I'm just trying to bring that old feeling back. I used to live on this board, and now I feel like a stranger.)

Soundslave
10-21-2004, 09:29 PM

now with that being said, all of you guys are ridiculous. its just music. if Stapp really likes the music he's making and it only sells 100,000 copies then SO WHAT?? would that be a failure? not at all. commercially maybe but to the artist it wouldnt be. that applies to Alter Bridge as well. they look like theyre having a blast they say that they're making the best music of their lives. they like their music - if it doesnt sell SO WHAT??

-your favorite newbie.

Well lets put it this way. I subscribe to Sirius Satellite Radio. They have about 1 million subscribers. A week or two ago on Octane, their modern/hard rock channel, the DJ Steve Cavino said; That Open Your Eyes is our most requested song on Octane.
I don't think people have a problem with admitting that they like Creed or AB.

DekWannaBFlea
10-21-2004, 11:45 PM

-your favorite newbie.

Lol, i don't think there is one true thing in this post. YOu have to realize that AB is not creed. Creed is postgrunge, AB is Hard rock. Now adays people are more into postgrunge. AB's audience will be more than just creed fans, they will pick up those people who like the background of creed but hated scott's voice. (i also disagree with the fact that NSYNC and Creed fans are generally totally different) . You don't know iif AB will be big as creed, time will have to tell. But i think AB has a disadvantage because the hard rock genre of music isn't really in the mainstream right now.

Shelby
10-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Certification Criteria

Recordings become eligible for certification 30 days after initial street date. Audio and music video titles may be requested for award certification starting 30 days after product is commercially available to consumers.

http://www.riaa.com/gp/certification/criteria.asp

How can an album go gold in 2 days when it is not eligible for consideration until after 30 days of release?

TeriB19
10-22-2004, 08:18 AM
Oh my GOD, what is all this dissention for?! I didn't even read this whole thread (I'm on a time limit) but I can see that the whole Creed breakup thing has really divided this board. That's not good. I see some of us are too quick to shoot down other ppl's opinion with their own, and some of us are forsaking the good feeling that had kept us together, just being one in Creed. Well, why can't we still be one? Stapp's doing his thing, the other three are doing their thing, everyone's happy...except us. We have to b!tch at each other because Lith may like Alter Bridge and the thread starter may still be into Creed...why can't we just accept each other's taste? I like Alter bridge, I LOVE Creed, and I am CRAZY about Stapp. So who wants to flame me?

No one's going to flame you, Sid. Yours is quite possibly the smartest post on this thread. We're all going a little nuts. I totally agree with you. And if there IS anyone who doesn't agree with you, they've got rocks in their heads.

johellion
10-22-2004, 08:26 AM
In my opinion its rather unfair to judge Stapp's song, which was written for a very specific situation and purpose, against a full CD by his "former" bandmates.

I think all the people that are judging the song Relearn Love as indicative of what Stapp will do solo, will be very surprised when they finally hear his solo stuff.

I think all the naysayers are gonna be real surprised. :D

:D
Like u said ....it is your opinion....Yes...and it is changing everyday....as it did with Creed in the early years!!! Alterbridge is doing GREAT!!! :smokin:

Ann Allusion
10-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Maybe the whole point of this exercise is not WHO is doing better than WHO...but that they are ALL enjoying what they are doing...and at the end of the day, things are as they should be... :D