Chicago Show [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Show

creedfan
12-04-2002, 12:10 PM
Anyone going to the Chicago show?

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 12:13 PM
i am, it's my 3rd show. i have never been to chicago though. do you live there.

creedfan
12-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Yes I do live in Chicago, about 2 miles from All-State Arena! I assume you'll be in town for the show?

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 12:32 PM
yes, we are driving 10 hours to see them. it's my christmas present. we are driving down the 28th, staying the 29th and drving back the 30th. both of the other concerts i saw were here in town. what are you gonna wear to wait outside to get in. i want to be on the rail again so i know i have to be bundled. any tips are appreciated. i have a pile of print outs already of great tips on going to this concert. i have a lot of research to do on the venue. have you ever been to allstate arena.

creedfan
12-04-2002, 12:35 PM
I have been to All-State and its a huge place. I've never seen Creed there though. You and your husband are driving up? I've never had to wait in line at All-State so I don't know what to expect. You said you found some tips about the venue, would you mind giving me the link to where you found that stuff? I am wondering if All-State lets you tailgate.

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 12:43 PM
i just got some advice from other members, not particularly about the venue, just what to ask when i call. i will find the post and let you know. they gave me a list of what to ask and get all the info. that i will need. it said it seated around 15,000 on their website and that is about what the arena here seats. i have been meaning to call and find out all the info. i can. i know here they had about 20 doors to get in, and we had to find the one to the floor, some have more then one to the floor, i know there are the armbands also to get on the floor. what sucked about here was they had a separate section for floor bands and for alchohol bands so we had to wait in 2 diff. lines. i have heard they will put them on you while you are waiting outside sometimes too. i will post which thread has the tips and also give you the info. i find out once i call.

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 12:44 PM
my husband was going to come wih me, but he can't take off work so it's me and my sister.

creedfan
12-04-2002, 12:45 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. My gf and I are looking forward to this concert!

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 12:48 PM
i know it's gonna be a blast. i cannot wait. have you been to any other creed shows. still looking for the post with the info. if i don't find it, i will just post what i find out.

creedfan
12-04-2002, 12:50 PM
I've never been to a Creed show. Its one concert i've always tried to get to but it never worked out for me, until now. By the way, it will be cold in Chicago that day, it may even be snowing so be prepared. Last time I waited outside for a concert in Chicago (which was Korn), I had like 5 layers of clothing on. Not to mention drinking beer to keep my warm!

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 12:53 PM
here is the link to take you to the post:
http://www.creedcommunity.com/showthread.p...s=&threadid=794 (http://www.creedcommunity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=794)

i know i am gonna die in the cold weather. i know i have to bundle up, but it's gonna suck on the inside because i like to be able to move and not have to worry about all I have brought in with me. with all of the pyro i know i need to shed some clothes once i get inside. i will have to put a game plan together. congrats on your first creed show. it is the best and you will have the time of your life. are you guys on the floor?

creedfan
12-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Yep floor seats. I am thinking her and I can trade off going to the beer line and to the car to put our stuff away

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 12:56 PM
the main key was to make friends with the people aound you so you could have them hold your place in line and then go put everything in your car right before the doors open. i may have to do that with my clothes.

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by creedfan
Yep floor seats. I am thinking her and I can trade off going to the beer line and to the car to put our stuff away

good idea, taking turns would be a good idea. i am gonna call the arena right now before i forget and then i will let you know what they tell me.

creedfan
12-04-2002, 01:01 PM
I'm going to email the village of rosemont and see if they can shed light on this stuff as well.

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 01:06 PM
this number i have is disconnected, do you know the new number? the one i have is 847-768-1285

creedfan
12-04-2002, 01:13 PM
try this

(847) 635-6601

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 01:16 PM
thanks i will, i also saw on the site that it seats 18,500, it is huge. let me call and i will let you know if they tell me anything. it may be too soon.

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 01:26 PM
okay, he said for the majority of my questions i should call closer to time. he said no cameras, which we pretty much knew and that there are no indoor waiting areas. my tickets are coming in the mail any day now and he said on the ticket it should say what time the doors open. does your ticket say when? he didn't know about tailgating or when to get in the parking lot or when you could line up, he said that i needed to call about a week before and also call that day to find out which entrances are for the floor area.did you find out anything?

creedfan
12-04-2002, 01:32 PM
I didnt get a reply yet, I sent a list of question to the village of rosemont and the rosemont chamber of commerce offices. Also, I know alot of the security people who hang out at a few bars right next to All-State. I might go there and see who's working the night of the concert.

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 01:35 PM
that would be a great benefit. i am sure i can find out more info. as it approches, i may try again later and see if someone else answers.

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 01:43 PM
who is opening for them at this show?

creedfan
12-04-2002, 01:44 PM
Its still to be determined I beleive.

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 01:46 PM
i wish default and 3 doors down would. that is just wishfull thinking though.

creedfan
12-04-2002, 02:04 PM
possibly 3 doors down....i wouldn't mind seeing a whole concert of just 3 doors down

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 02:08 PM
me either, i like them. i know default has opened for them as well. i am not sure if they have both opened though. that would be an awesome experience.

creedgirl99
12-04-2002, 03:31 PM
Hey guys. I'm still going to the Chicago show too, ever though I haven't gotten my tickets yet. There was a problem with my order because our zip code changed and it screwed up the whole thing. I called Ticketmaster so now all is well....yay! I was thinking, maybe those of us here that are heading to the concert should try to find each other so that we can kind of stand by each other on the floor. At least that way we will know someone there who can keep our place if we have to run for that bathroom or something! Sorry to hear that your hubby can't go, I bet my husband wishes someone else would take his place. Oh well for him 'cause this is an early anniversary present!!! Okay I rattled enough for now...... :)

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 03:38 PM
sounds good to me. our anniversary is Jan 26 so as much as this is costing it may be my anniversary present as well. he didn't want to go anyway so i would rather go with someone who will enjoy it. plus i won't have to find a sitter for when they aren't in daycare so it works out. if creedfan can find out about the security people and we all meet up i think we could have a GREAT time. sorry to hear about your tickets. atleast they fixed it. too many zipcode and area code changes for such a small state, huh?

Creed23
12-04-2002, 04:06 PM
The show should be awesome, the people in Chi-town are a rowdy bunch with a lot of energy. I just hope Scott is ready for it.

creedgirl99
12-04-2002, 05:11 PM
Wow.....your anniversary is really close to mine! We got married January 14, 1994 at Disneyland, if you can believe that! How long have you been married? Anyway, it really is too bad that your husband's not going 'cause I'm sure my hubby would rather hang out with another guy than his crazy wife! (He's already told me that he doesn't really want to get that close to the stage so I'm kinda on my own with that.) He's a volunteer fireman and he's also on the rescue squad here, so he'll be wearing something that says something to that effect. Hopefully that will make him easier to spot when we get in line! :D

creedfan
12-04-2002, 05:31 PM
Yeah we should plan on meeting up at All-State. I'll bring the beer!

creedgirl99
12-04-2002, 05:41 PM
WOO HOO!!!! ;)

hotforscott
12-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by creedgirl99
Wow.....your anniversary is really close to mine! We got married January 14, 1994 at Disneyland, if you can believe that! How long have you been married? Anyway, it really is too bad that your husband's not going 'cause I'm sure my hubby would rather hang out with another guy than his crazy wife! (He's already told me that he doesn't really want to get that close to the stage so I'm kinda on my own with that.) He's a volunteer fireman and he's also on the rescue squad here, so he'll be wearing something that says something to that effect. Hopefully that will make him easier to spot when we get in line!  :D

We will be married 4 years in Jan. He is in the Nat'l Guard and manages the Papa John's on JFK in NLR. He is older then I am, he will be 31 in Feb. and I will be 24 in April. Daniel wasn't too excited about the whole no seat thing in the pit. i have had stand seats and pit and I am definitly not going back to seats. Its too much fun. I will bring some beer also. I know if we are occupied it will go by faster, the music thing is a good idea as well. and blankets for sure. i am so excited.

trampcing
12-05-2002, 06:07 PM
does anyone know for sure if there are still tickets left for this show??

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 06:14 PM
you can bid on them on the creed website and the proceeds go to the WAWOF they are a little more, but it's for a good cause. Check ebay also. i have bought and sold on ebay since '98 and can pretty much tell you that the people on their are honest, i have never had a bad transaction. the creed site says on sale now for this show so you may still be able to get them, but the options aboveare your best bet for floor seats.

trampcing
12-05-2002, 06:16 PM
wow.. thanks for the heads up.. the only bummer about the whole thing is that the sound at Allstate Arena is sooo horrible! It really is. The last time I saw a band there.. I vowed I would not go back.. but we'll see.

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 06:19 PM
really is it that bad. it doesn't cause equip. problems or power failures does it?

trampcing
12-05-2002, 06:24 PM
no, no failure or anything like that.. just that I have seen a number of bands there.. and they always sound weird. The acoustrics are WAY off... but I mean it is in essence playing in a gym. That place obviously was not created for live concerts.. I think it was more intended for the Wolves games..

Maybe I am just being an acoustics snob.. who knows.. LOL.. I am sure it'll be fine... besides when you love the band.. YOU LOVE THE BAND.. and tend to overlook those things anyways. I definately do that! LOL

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 06:25 PM
thanks, i was just wondering, thanks.

creedfan
12-06-2002, 12:21 PM
I saw Aerosmith at all-state and they sounded unbeleivable

hotforscott
12-06-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by creedfan
I saw Aerosmith at all-state and they sounded unbeleivable

that is good to hear. i was gonna ask you about that because i knew you had said you had seen some concerts there before. i am glad to hear that. thanks for the info.

creedfan
12-06-2002, 05:36 PM
im emailed the city of rosemont today and asked them if it would be possible to back my truck up towards the entrance door so we can tailgate while standing in line...im waiting for a response

hotforscott
12-06-2002, 06:59 PM
sounds like a plan to me. have you seen that at any past concerts you have been to there. do you think there is a good chance they will allow it?

creedfan
12-27-2002, 10:32 AM
ok hotforscott, are you ready for Sunday or what!?! I am pumped!

creedfan
12-27-2002, 11:40 AM
By the way, I faxed the village of rosemont a list of questions in regards to the all-state venue. Below is what I faxed them.

1) What time are people allowed to start lining up at the doors?

2) In regards to general admission, is it first come first serve, or do you actually have seat/section numbers?

3) Do you offer indoor or outdoor waiting areas?

4) How do you work your lines for general admission? Some people form lines and some have a mass of people rush the gate!

5) How many gates will be open for lines to general admission?

6) Will they distribute wristbands? Is it done while folks with general admission tickets are lined up outside, or do you wait until you are inside? If inside, where exactly where you have to go once inside the arena?

7) How many entrances there are to the floor area?

I am waiting for a response

hotforscott
12-27-2002, 04:23 PM
sounds like you got it covered, have you heard anything. we are leaving sat afternoon to head out there. we are staying at a Raddison hotel until the 1st, we are gonna party it up on NYE also.

creedfan
12-27-2002, 04:56 PM
Haven't heard anything yet.

creedfan
12-28-2002, 02:03 AM
Ok well I haven't heard anything from All-State yet. I may stop by their offices tomorrow and slap them around a little to get some answers. If I get them before Sunday I'll post them, if not, hope to see you there. I'll prolly have my car or truck backed up to the line so i can bust out the heater.

Oh and by the way, its going to be about 30 with a wind chill of about 10 in Chicago that day so be ready. Triple layered clothing, gloves, coffee, maybe even a ski mask...you may want to consider....

Dogstar
12-29-2002, 04:06 AM
I just want to wish all you folks going to the Chicago show tonight a GREAT TIME. Hope you all have an awesome Creed experience. ROCK ON! We'll be thinking of you.:rockon: :jam:

creedfan
12-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Ok well its 12:15 pm and in going now to stand in line at all-state....wish me luck

luvscott4ever
12-29-2002, 01:25 PM
I'm soo jealous, I'd be there too if I didn't have to work tomorrow..I live about 6 hours away, but with the concert getting over between 11 and 11:30, I wouldn't get home until I have to start work, and I couldn't take Monday off cuz I'm leaving early on Tuesday, going to Orlando to see Godsmack, and then I have the rest of the week off..But you guys who are going, have an absolute blast, which you surely will seeing Creed....They ROCK!!

TeriB19
12-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Ok, it's 10:00 EST meaning in Chicago, Creed's just about to take the stage!! I'm psyched for those 'Feeders going to see them. Can't wait to hear a great review posted after the show!!!

Dogstar
12-29-2002, 10:26 PM
ROCK ON. Hope the show kicks major a**!!!!!!!!!

Dogstar
12-30-2002, 12:13 AM
Ok, Creed should be into the encore about now! Man, I hoped it was an awesome show. Can't wait to hear about it from all of you who went!

creedfan
12-30-2002, 01:55 AM
Ok everyone, I just got back from the Creed concert in Chicago.

Please brace yourselves for this...

I am going to break this up in to two parts, the good and the bad (unfortunatly).

The Good:

Overall, the show was incredible. Tremonti was guitar god on stage, never missing a note. The pyros were unbelievable. Everything I expected at a Creed concert ... except

The bad:

Before I get into this, I want everyone to know that I respect Scott Stapp and an artist, musician, and a person. HOWEVER

Scott is severly unstable right now. The first song, Bullets, he came out stumbling all over the place and mumbling. He looked like he was going to pass out at any second. His eyes were rolling into the back of head and wierd shit like that.
After the third song (Whos got my back) he slammed the mic on the stage (which I think broke) threw his ear piece and stormed off stage. After a few minutes Mark then proceeded to his mic and said "I'm sorry guys, I don't whats wrong with Scott tonight. Let me go talk to him".

A few minutes passed and Mark and Scott came back on stage to play one last breathe. Scott, was again stumbling around, slurring words. I felt bad for him acually because I know he must be exhausted and overwhelmed by everything in his life right now. A couple guys around me started booing him and i told them to shut the fuck up before i cracked both of them upside the head.

The last hour or so, Scott never fully rebounded. I watched him carefully and he was either drunk or on drugs or both. His meds for his throat would not put him in the condition he was in. He tried to put his arm around Mark and slipped and Mark missed his entire note progression of the song and had to catch back up...Mark and Flip were both pissed shaking their heads in disgust at Scott. During one song, Scott was laying on the ground singing with his shoes off. He was even sitting on stage during most of the songs he sang. He doesn't seem to be happy with life right now. Last but not least, Scott missed lyrics on "One" and missed entire verses of My Sacrifice. Flip and Mark has to change tempos 3 times on my sacrfice to match scotts rythym.

All I can say is I hope Scott can gather himself over his much needed break next year. He is a great artist with so much talent. Even after tonights performance I would go see them again. My prayers are with him...

stealmyfreedom2
12-30-2002, 02:26 AM
I am at a total loss for words after seeing that show tonight from the floor..... WOW that was just NOT creed at all.... i'm bummed... i hope he'll be ok cuz he was pretty F'ed up
________
silversurfer reviews (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)
________
List Of Toyota Platforms History (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Toyota_platforms)

creedfan
12-30-2002, 09:37 AM
The only we can do is hope for the best guys....the only person can help Scott is Scott.

creedfan2334
12-30-2002, 12:32 PM
you are right creedfan

crest tattoo
12-30-2002, 01:03 PM
I was at the show last night. It broke my heart. I cried. The last few songs, I stood in the hall. I couldn't watch. When he was lying on the floor singing, he had his feet in the air, no shoes, just sweat socks. He never once went around the back of the stage. The third song they sang, he never cut it, so it went on and on and on. Thank God the boys knew how to cover for him. I had a bad feeling from the get-go when it took so long for them to come on. He didn't know all his lyrics. It was just plain sad. They skipped some songs too. I pray for Scott he can get it together. It was so draining. I left feeling drained, not excited.