Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Original CREED reunites within 3 years [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Original CREED reunites within 3 years

stevewk1
09-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Without taking anything away from Scott's solo effort or Alter Bridge, it might be clear in the place where blind men see, that the band will be reuniting. I base this on Stappie's total openness to the idea, and the fact that AB aint exactly lighting the world on fire.

When/if the second AB record either bombs or tanks, Mark & Flip will reach out to Scott, who already wants it again, and the band will reunite as:

-Scott Stapp
-Mark Tremonti
-Scott Phillips
-Brian Marshall (not Bret, based on Stapp's expressed openness to Brian)

Only then, will all once again be right with the world. Remember, you heard it here first (or maybe second or third).

-steve
:wow:

RMadd
09-11-2004, 02:25 PM
yeah
no offense, but IMO you're full of shit. i don't think stapp & tremo will reunite creatively. here's why: stapp seems to like having stuff his way; mark wants to let loose and kick ass. who says AB is gonna tank? it's too bad you think that.

The Lithium
09-11-2004, 04:00 PM
I base this on Stappie's total openness to the idea
Dude, have you heard NOTHING of what Mark and the band have said? They don't wanna be in any other band than Alter Bridge, and they're all happier this way!! Even if Scott's doors is open, Mark's, Flip's and Brian's sure ain't!!

no offense, but IMO you're full of shit.
Yeah, I agree!! You are full of shit!!

JulieCitySlicker
09-11-2004, 04:15 PM
I doubt thats gonna happen :rolleyes:

Dogstar
09-11-2004, 04:29 PM
One can never say never, but right now, a reunion looks highly unlikely. I think they have grown apart creatively and personally, and sometimes, that happens and it's just time to move on. I wasn't happy that Creed broke up, but I would rather have them do that than put out shitty, uninspired music. Let's be happy with what they did give us.

The Lithium
09-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Well, since I think ODR is the best album ever written I'm alright with it!! :D

Shadow
09-11-2004, 08:34 PM
They don't wanna be in any other band than Alter Bridge, and they're all happier this way!! Even if Scott's doors is open, Mark's, Flip's and Brian's sure ain't!!
Nothing is ever definite. If you go back and listen to old Creed interviews (of which I have plenty of), they always talked about being together for a very long time.

AB is still new. Their relationship with Myles is new. When a relationship is new, it's always roses and champagne. But, over time things change.

Mark has a different mentality about music. He wakes up playing his guitar and goes to bed playing. Scott has a son. He didn't want to do music 24/7 the way Mark does. Let's see what happens when Mark starts a family and Flip's daughter gets a little older. I bet touring the States in a mini-van won't be quite as much fun.

I *think* they will eventually reunite. They were too good together not to. But, I don't think you'll see Scott in any rush to be associated with JHMP anytime soon.

rabidgopher04
09-12-2004, 01:58 AM
What exactly happened between them and JHMP? I must have missed it.

The Lithium
09-12-2004, 05:45 AM
Their relationship with Myles is new. When a relationship is new, it's always roses and champagne. But, over time things change.
Yeah, and that was what happened to Creed!! And Mark have said he thinks Myles is the best rock singer he've ever heard. Which means he likes Myles voice better than Stapp's, and Micheal Tremonti said "Myles blows Stapp out of the water". Guess it's just better off this way!!

I bet touring the States in a mini-van won't be quite as much fun.
No, problably not, that's why they're doing it now.

They were too good together not to
Well, if I have to choose I'd say Alter Bridge is better than Creed. But I like to say they're both my no: #1!!

Shagrath
09-12-2004, 11:29 AM
they have just split-up
its not the time to talk about it now
anything can happen
but i wouldnt say no to a reunion

Lucy
09-12-2004, 11:48 AM
One can never say never, but right now, a reunion looks highly unlikely. I think they have grown apart creatively and personally, and sometimes, that happens and it's just time to move on. I wasn't happy that Creed broke up, but I would rather have them do that than put out shitty, uninspired music. Let's be happy with what they did give us.
Amen.. ;)

Torn Signs
09-12-2004, 12:12 PM
What to say, but that in the interview w/ KATT Stapp said it was a weight of his shoulders to not have to relay his work with other band members. AB, yes, as you said, The Lithium, AB wants to remain together, at the current moment, not worrying about Stapp. The chance at them getting back together is not that high as of late because of those things, but as Shadow and Shagrath said, it is possible way down the road.

stevewk1
09-12-2004, 12:32 PM
I didnt make it as clear as I could have. I'm basing my prediction of a reunion in 3 years primarily on economics. The handwriting is on the wall, as it has been with so many bands in the past. When Alter Bridge fails to light the world on fire the way CREED did, all will see that the way to regain the spolight and thereby refill the bank accounts, is to reform CREED.

And of course, it doesnt hurt that everybody knows CREED had a lot more left to do. At this point, all will be forgiven of everyone; we will see the fourth CREED record and a supporting tour. We simply need to be patient.

-steve (your friendly seer)

Pronunciation: sēr
Noun1.seer - a person with unusual powers of foresight.

Dogstar
09-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Hmm, economics aside, I think if it does happen, it might take a little longer than three years, but you never know.

johellion
09-12-2004, 01:34 PM
I didnt make it as clear as I could have. I'm basing my prediction of a reunion in 3 years primarily on economics. The handwriting is on the wall, as it has been with so many bands in the past. When Alter Bridge fails to light the world on fire the way CREED did, all will see that the way to regain the spolight and thereby refill the bank accounts, is to reform CREED.

And of course, it doesnt hurt that everybody knows CREED had a lot more left to do. At this point, all will be forgiven of everyone; we will see the fourth CREED record and a supporting tour. We simply need to be patient.

-steve (your friendly seer)

Pronunciation: sēr
Noun1.seer - a person with unusual powers of foresight.

Steve...
First of all....I would not say 3 yrs...maybe 10....and second economics has nothing to do with it because this band is not about THE MONEY...they are about the music...thats is why they are doing small arenas, and using mini vans...they like it this way. This band is not looking to light the world on fire the way CREED did.... They have been there and done that!!! This first album is doing very well.....and as they tour the word will spread.....Creed was a band for 2 yrs. before they were signed and it took awhile...they played at small venues and clubs.. :D

OneOmerta
09-12-2004, 02:59 PM
and second economics has nothing to do with it because this band is not about THE MONEY...they are about the music...thats is why they are doing small arenas, and using mini vans...

I have to slightly disagree with this...ALL bands want to make money so that they can afford to keep up their current "lifestyle"..ie...living in mansions with indoor pools and fountains and driving hummers and ferrari's. They are doing small arena's at this point in time because they aren't established in the rock world as Alter Bridge. They would never sell out a large arena at this point in time...it's too early and the majority of people don't even know who Alter Bridge is quite yet. I would imagine if this small tour is successful and album sales are successful...then they will be right back to the very large arena scene...to make more money.

Ann Allusion
09-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Eventually, AB will again be playing arenas just as Creed did...in order to accomodate the fans they pick up along the way from touring...saying they will continue to do "small" venues is neive (sp).

Saying "never" to reuniting...would be akin to saying Marshall would never be playing with the remainder of Creed in another incarnation again...big surprise...look at 'em now.

Anything is possible...time is irrelevent in this reguard, as it will happen when it is supposed to happen...but realize that a "reunited Creed" would show the growth that has been attained during their solo time...not only creatively...but on a personal level too.

This is hinging most of all on forgiveness and understanding of all parties involved...and realizing where the PRIORITIES, which can change for some and stay the same for others, really are...then being able to mix it all together so it works, and that isn't easy without keeping the lines of communication open..all of this is learned from past indescretions and mistakes that are hopefully not repeated.

there is too much "energy" in these 4 souls to write them off as "over".

The Lithium
09-12-2004, 05:01 PM
When Alter Bridge fails to light the world on fire the way CREED did, all will see that the way to regain the spolight and thereby refill the bank accounts, is to reform CREED.
What the? You officially are 100% full of shit!! Or maybe you just don't know how to handle the breakup, but Flip and Mark have said: "If it doesn't work out this time with AB - we're just gonna play in small demo bands where we live". Get the picture? NO MORE CREED!!!

Oh, one more thing. AB will FAIL to light the world on fire? Since AB is better than Creed - that doesn't make any sence to me!!

RMadd
09-12-2004, 05:43 PM
What the? You officially are 100% full of shit!! Or maybe you just don't know how to handle the breakup, but Flip and Mark have said: "If it doesn't work out this time with AB - we're just gonna play in small demo bands where we live". Get the picture? NO MORE CREED!!!

Oh, one more thing. AB will FAIL to light the world on fire? Since AB is better than Creed - that doesn't make any seance to me!!
:clap:

Dogstar
09-12-2004, 06:09 PM
This is hinging most of all on forgiveness and understanding of all parties involved...and realizing where the PRIORITIES, which can change for some and stay the same for others, really are...then being able to mix it all together so it works, and that isn't easy without keeping the lines of communication open..all of this is learned from past indescretions and mistakes that are hopefully not repeated.
Well said, Ann.

Sheila63
09-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Eventually, AB will again be playing arenas just as Creed did...in order to accomodate the fans they pick up along the way from touring...saying they will continue to do "small" venues is neive (sp).

Saying "never" to reuniting...would be akin to saying Marshall would never be playing with the remainder of Creed in another incarnation again...big surprise...look at 'em now.

Anything is possible...time is irrelevent in this reguard, as it will happen when it is supposed to happen...but realize that a "reunited Creed" would show the growth that has been attained during their solo time...not only creatively...but on a personal level too.

there is too much "energy" in these 4 souls to write them off as "over".

:clap: :clap: Very well said. No one knows what the future holds so we'll have to see how everything works out.

Bridge of Clay
09-12-2004, 06:34 PM
yeah, on the near future I don't see Creed reunion (2-3 years, considering AB already have the 2nd album pratically written).

But Robyn is right: in the beginning it's always roses and champagne... I agree to most of you, except Seb...

I just would like Wind-Up released all the b-sides songs, like Nothing, even if Stapp didn't finish its vocals... heck, I can take anything, even Flip singing Nothing... it doesn't matter...

Creed is still my fav band. I love Alter Bridge to death, but I don't connect to its songs as much as to Creed's.

The Lithium
09-24-2004, 08:18 AM
I agree to most of you, except Seb...
Well, they have said that if AB fails they will just play in small demo bands where they live, I don't think Creed ever will reunite... But if they would I think it would be great, but I don't know how it would turn out...

Jooji_2
09-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Creed is still my fav band. I love Alter Bridge to death, but I don't connect to its songs as much as to Creed's.

:wtf:

I think I may cry.

Disclaimer....not trying to start an argument....just wowed by the fact that Bridge of Clay actually made that statement.

WhatsUrCreed
09-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Believe what you want ..."playing for just the music" is great and all but you cant be a bum on the street and just "play for music." No one will want to listen to you if you are some poor sap playing at small venues and thinking that your music is important. Music makes money. Entertainment makes money...AB will soon play much larger venues in order to make more money and support their large (if they ever get a really large) fan base. Sorry to say but AB is riding on Creed's glory right now whether they like it or not. You cant think of AB and not think of Creed no matter how hard you try...Creed was just too great to forget. Even people that dont listen to Creed refer to AB as "the members of that one band Creed." You will see a Creed reunion as soon as AB's flame burns out. (Which will be between 5-7 years i assume) Wind Up will make sure to milk AB and Stapp for all the money they can before they support a reunion album...WHy do you think a Creed best hits album is not out yet?? WHy release it now if Wind Up can make enough money off of just AB's album?? When sales go down...you will see Creed slowly making its return...WInd Up has many options now and they want to milk albums for all the money they can before introducing a new album. As it was already said...it really is all about economics and money..Dont FORGET...MUSIC IS ALSO A BUSINESS! :crest:

luvscott4ever
09-24-2004, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=THE LITHIUM]
Since AB is better than Creed QUOTE]

Sorry, don't get me wrong, I think Mark and Flip are incredible at what they do, but AB IS NOT BETTER THAN CREED!!! And never will be...Sorry, just my opinion!! But it's not like I'm not going to go see AB next Tuesday night!! yayayay!!

The Lithium
09-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Bridge of Clay actually made that statement.
Marcos is just like me a diehard Creed and Alter Bridge fan. Just that he thinks Creed is a bit better and I think AB is a bit better.

Sorry, don't get me wrong, I think Mark and Flip are incredible at what they do, but AB IS NOT BETTER THAN CREED!!! And never will be...Sorry, just my opinion!! But it's not like I'm not going to go see AB next Tuesday night!! yayayay!!
No, no, no, I respect that, as long as you respect my opinion!! Creed is awesome, they've done a whole lot of things to me! And so have AB!! I saw and met them in London last friday!! Such a nice bunsh of guys, and the show was the best show I've ever seen!! Wish the same for you and your show! (Never saw Creed live)

kariyanine
09-24-2004, 05:05 PM
the show was the best show I've ever seen!! Wish the same for you and your show! (Never saw Creed live)

Lith, I mean no offense to you (and I know we've had our differences on another thread) but I think that some of how you are looked at recently comes straight from your above statement.

You've never seen Creed live. I was just like you almost 10 years ago when I first heard Creed. Man they were the best thing I had ever heard (OK I may be exagerating here a bit but...) I mean c'mon awsome guitar work, driving bass lines and meaningful, pseudo spiritual lyrics. They were the best thing to happen to my music world since Guns N' Roses and Metallica. And then I saw them live.... and man it was an experience. An experience I don't even know how to begin to explain it was just that meaningful. Scott up on stage was just amazing. he was able to hold the crowd in the palm of his hand. Weather it was while telling a story about a song, leading the crowd or even just singing one of the songs. All eyes were on him and Mark and the pure emotion they were playing off of. I've been to alot of concerts and I've seen some of whom I consider the best (Billy Joel, Elton John, Metallica, Buckcherry, 3 Doors Down, Matchbox Twenty, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, Fleetwood Mac, Lynnard Skynnard, Finger Eleven, Sevendust, 12 Stones, Evanescence, Seether, Barenaked Ladies, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Chicago.. I could continue to go on) but Scott was the best I've ever seen. Maybe not the best singer but he had the best stage presence. And I think alot of long time Creed fans still think this way and that is why it is hard for them to get on teh Alter bridge bandwagon as strongly as you. And you being so hard behind Alter Bridge sometimes comes off as overly agressive. Just thought I would let you know.

I ahven't seen Alter Bridge yet. I get the chance in 2 weeks and I hope I think they are a great live as you say.

The Lithium
09-24-2004, 05:52 PM
I know, but I'm from Sweden, I never got the chance to see Creed. They toured in Europe 1999 - that was it... And they didn't tour for long. I'm so happy Alter Bridge will, and I know Stapp is awesome on stage, I've seen a whole lot of live videos!! But believe me when I say Myles is just as awesome, he's such a good actor on stage, and really know how to rock a crazy crowd CRAZIER!!!

DekWannaBFlea
09-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Believe what you want ..."playing for just the music" is great and all but you cant be a bum on the street and just "play for music." No one will want to listen to you if you are some poor sap playing at small venues and thinking that your music is important. Music makes money. Entertainment makes money...AB will soon play much larger venues in order to make more money and support their large (if they ever get a really large) fan base. Sorry to say but AB is riding on Creed's glory right now whether they like it or not. You cant think of AB and not think of Creed no matter how hard you try...Creed was just too great to forget. Even people that dont listen to Creed refer to AB as "the members of that one band Creed." You will see a Creed reunion as soon as AB's flame burns out. (Which will be between 5-7 years i assume) Wind Up will make sure to milk AB and Stapp for all the money they can before they support a reunion album...WHy do you think a Creed best hits album is not out yet?? WHy release it now if Wind Up can make enough money off of just AB's album?? When sales go down...you will see Creed slowly making its return...WInd Up has many options now and they want to milk albums for all the money they can before introducing a new album. As it was already said...it really is all about economics and money..Dont FORGET...MUSIC IS ALSO A BUSINESS! :crest:

Thats why it is important that they begin to release singles that don't sound anything like creed. THats why i think they should start to release singles that sound nothing like creed, like Find the real, One day remains or Metalingus. People are going to call Alter bridge the former creed members for a while because thats what they can relate them too. YOu are also assuming that Alter bridge won't be able to pick up new fans, fans creed could never get. Let me tell you that a lot of noncreed fans are liking Alterbridge. Don't believe me? Ill give you some quotation from people from a musicans forum on www.mxtabs.net. You will be suprised.....

"It's already better than anything Creed ever did"

"i bought this album cause i was curious and open your eyes is mediocre, but the rest of the album, especially metalingus totally blew me away buy it"

"Yeah Alter Bridge is a good band, they are better then creed, and i dont think they sound anything like creed."

"They're pretty good. A big improvement from creed anyway."

"Creed sucked but i really enjoy alter bridge."

So even creed haters are digging alter bridge...

And your whole comment about money is just stupid. How rich are the Alter bridge guys? Pretty dam rich, so rich that they don't have to be in a band in order to live their rich lifestyles.(not that that is bad) This is why i believe them that they will never reunite if AB goes under, because they don't have to!

It doesn't matter though, because their is little chance of them going under in 5-7 years.

The Lithium
09-25-2004, 05:49 AM
And your whole comment about money is just stupid. How rich are the Alter bridge guys? Pretty dam rich, so rich that they don't have to be in a band in order to live their rich lifestyles!
Yeah, right on!!
1) The guys says it's all about the fun
2) I've met them and seen them on stage - believe me, it's not about tme money
3) You don't work your ass off 24/7 in 6 months if you want the money. You do it for the love of your work and the fans!!

I'mRational
09-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Here's hoping for no reunion. I want the real musicians in AB, not the held back musicians in Creed.

StillACreedFan
09-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Here's hoping for no reunion. I want the real musicians in AB, not the held back musicians in Creed.
This crap about them being held back in Creed is total BS.

Trees of Wisdom
09-26-2004, 11:56 PM
yeah, on the near future I don't see Creed reunion (2-3 years, considering AB already have the 2nd album pratically written).

But Robyn is right: in the beginning it's always roses and champagne... I agree to most of you, except Seb...

I just would like Wind-Up released all the b-sides songs, like Nothing, even if Stapp didn't finish its vocals... heck, I can take anything, even Flip singing Nothing... it doesn't matter...

Alter Bridge does have meaningful songs and I listen to "Burn It Down" a lot when I'm in a down mood.

Creed had meaning, in the My Own Prison days.

DekWannaBFlea
09-27-2004, 01:03 AM

Are you kiding me? Compare the musicanship between AB and creed.......Do you hear any fast solos in Weathered (besides Stand here with me)? Do you hear any complicate dum stuff in creed? Thats one reason i believe that AB had musical differences with Scott, they wanted to do some crazy shit and scott didn't want em to.

fluttergirl
09-27-2004, 01:42 AM
Completely agree with you there, DekWannaBFlea.

aussiecreeder
09-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Okay Sir.Handmedown would like to make a few points! ;)

-Creed were a multi-platnium band including having a diamond record so finances have nothing to do with Creed possibly coming back in the future. Neither of the guys have to get back to anything like Creed's financial success in order to fund their lifestyles.

-I have no idea what the future holds but I can't see a reunion in the next 4-5 years but perhaps in 10 years time it will happen. Mark and Scott were a fantastic songwriting team and the band brought so much the table. However the AB guys seem happier and Scott seems happy doing his own thing as well.
-The muscianship in AB is certainly better and that is something Mark wanted to do and its great to see.

StillACreedFan
09-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Alter Bridge does have meaningful songs and I listen to "Burn It Down" a lot when I'm in a down mood.

Creed had meaning, in the My Own Prison days.
All 3 albums had meaning, there's no debating that.

The Lithium
09-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Thank you, finally someone who understands me!!

Just listen to the Creed albums and to ODR - and you will clearly hear big difference!!

RMadd
09-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Are you kiding me? Compare the musicanship between AB and creed.......Do you hear any fast solos in Weathered (besides Stand here with me)? Do you hear any complicate dum stuff in creed? Thats one reason i believe that AB had musical differences with Scott, they wanted to do some crazy shit and scott didn't want em to.
sounds 'bout right to me... to me, the breakup was, more or less, over creative control of the band. the way i see it, stapp wanted to do one thing, flip and tremo wanted a different thing. and i think AB is the perfect outlet for that different thing, since it is, more or less, mark's band.

The Lithium
09-27-2004, 12:54 PM
I agree with you on everything, expect that it is "Mark's band".

NeedforCreed
09-27-2004, 01:39 PM
I can't imagine any cd raising above MOP. Some say HC ruled the roost. For me, MOP kicked major butt. I could listen to that cd 1000 times and never get tired of it. That one had magic, a chemistry so that it all just jelled. I was skeptical of AB at first, but am now a firm believer. Myles knows how to rock. Still, I think that when the four orginal members look back and see what they're capable of, at some point, they will have to have it return.

The Lithium
09-27-2004, 02:20 PM
I think MOP is the less freaking kick ass one of any Creed/AB cds.

AndrewFromABRox
09-27-2004, 02:30 PM
I think you need to let go of Creed, yes they were my favorite band since 2000, but they have moved on and doin't want to look back, you're hurting the band and their fans by trying to relive the past. I don't see why you think Alter bridge will not light up thw world, they have a great new singer, and they all have gotten better musicians sicne Creed, and they're happy! Isn't that what we want?

The Lithium
09-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Great post man, that's JUST how I feel!!!

StillACreedFan
09-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Just listen to the Creed albums and to ODR - and you will clearly hear big difference!!
Of course there's a big difference, Stapp and Kennedy are two very different singers so obviously going from one to the other will mean a change in how everything sounds. I just don't see how Tremonti, Marshall, and Phillips were being held back in Creed.

The Lithium
09-27-2004, 03:21 PM
As I told you, listen to the both albums and you'll hear it. I don't really think there was anything holding them back, they on ODR they're more "free" than you heard 'em in Creed. Maybe simply because they're better on what they're doing now

But Micheal have said it several times, and both Stapp and the band as well. They are all happier this way, no reunion!! PLUS Mark said: "If it doesn't work out with this band, we will just play in small demo bands where we live".

DekWannaBFlea
09-28-2004, 01:15 AM
Of course there's a big difference, Stapp and Kennedy are two very different singers so obviously going from one to the other will mean a change in how everything sounds. I just don't see how Tremonti, Marshall, and Phillips were being held back in Creed.

Look.....we aren't talking about scott and myles.....listen to the solo for Open your eyes , here i will show you the tab......

Open your eyes tab.....look at the solo ....
http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Guitar,a,20248,Alter+Bridge,Open+Your+Eyes,155229

Stand here with me tab look at the solo......
http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Guitar,c,287,Creed,Stand+Here+With+Me,36756

notice how many more notes tremonti is playing in Open your eyes compared to Stand here with me. In fact he plays those notes in less of a time than in Stand here with me. When you are able to play faster generally you are better. Hence him being held back.

I could go on but i think you get the point, being a musician myself i notice these things, even if someone isn't, its easy to tell whats harder and whats not.

The Lithium
09-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Me notice big difference! :D

BobbyMcGee
10-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Never say never. That is one lesson in life that I have learned well. Time heals wounds. If anything I hope that Mark and Scott will be able to be friends again. If Creed never gets back together again then so be it. I will always cherish the memories and the friends I have made by being a fan of Creed.
________
Hotels In Mexico (http://mexicohoteles.org)
________
Blunt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hT6wsFqkDw)

The Lithium
10-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Say never!! Read this quote from Mark Thomas Tremonti, himself:

Q. Do you see the possibility of reuniting with Scott Stapp and Creed?
A. No. When this band is over, I'm over. This is it. The day we go back to Creed is the day we failed with this new band. Going back to Creed would be like crawling back with your tail between your legs. We took this step as men and we're going to complete it as men.
Wanna read the whole interview?

Dogstar
10-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Lith, just because he's quoted as saying such things, doesn't mean he can't change his mind. Look at Van Halen and even Simon & Garfunkel. Right now, yeah, a reunion is unlikely, but down the line, you never know. I agree with Bobby McGee. I hope they can at least heal their friendship even if they never play music together again.

Shadow
10-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Who dug this thread up? I thought it was over with a while ago :)

Lith, just because he's quoted as saying such things, doesn't mean he can't change his mind. Look at Van Halen and even Simon & Garfunkel. Right now, yeah, a reunion is unlikely, but down the line, you never know. I agree with Bobby McGee. I hope they can at least heal their friendship even if they never play music together again.
Dogstar I agree with you. I always think of Van Halen and even Bon Jovi when I think of Scott and the AB guys. Sammy and Eddie didn't speak for something like 7 or 8 years. Jon and Richie didn't speak for I think something like 3 years. I remember Jon Bon Jovi saying it didn't matter what had happened between them - the Band (Bon Jovi) and what they had was too good for them not to reunite.

I also hope Scott and the guys can heal their friendship. I haven't really seen or heard any AB interviews, but I know in Scott's interviews he sounds sad and has regret over what has happened.

Creed was too good not to eventually be recreated. Mark might be saying never now, but several years ago, they also didn't think there would be an end of Creed. They all planned for Creed to have longevity.

All that has been devastated
Can be recreated

StillACreedFan
10-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Say never!! Read this quote from Mark Thomas Tremonti, himself:

Wanna read the whole interview?
I doubt they'll all feel the same in 5 years or so.

Things change.

The Lithium
10-06-2004, 08:26 AM
I haven't really seen or heard any AB interviews, but I know in Scott's interviews he sounds sad and has regret over what has happened.
In AB's interviews they sound happier than ever!! And it's pretty clear that they don't wanna reunite, and I've even TALKED to them... I got a very strong feeling screaming in my head: "NO REUNION!!!!" So that's what I believe, of course I respect you other guys though.

Jooji_2
10-06-2004, 09:04 AM
notice how many more notes tremonti is playing in Open your eyes compared to Stand here with me. In fact he plays those notes in less of a time than in Stand here with me. When you are able to play faster generally you are better. Hence him being held back.

I could go on but i think you get the point, being a musician myself i notice these things, even if someone isn't, its easy to tell whats harder and whats not.

So the fact that he's playing more notes and faster makes him better. Maybe to some musicians its does. That is one of the things that I don't like about the music. If he's showing off his skill great....but I don't listen to music based on how fast or how many notes its made up of. I just freaking listen to it and if I like it I do....and if I don't.....I don't.

If he's writing his music to impress all those "musicians" out there.....he just lost me. :D

Bridge of Clay
10-06-2004, 09:21 AM
geez... are Robyn and Kerry the only reasonable people on this thread???

Dogstar
10-06-2004, 02:41 PM
If he's writing his music to impress all those "musicians" out there.....he just lost me. :D
Oh, give me a break, you or I don't know his motives for the music he's writing. He's gone in a musical direction you don't like, and that happens. Stop ragging on him just because of that. You don't have to like it, that's your prerogative, but don't attack the man's principles of which you are I know nothing about. I miss Creed as much as the next person and I'm looking forward to Scott's solo stuff and a tour by the man. He's a great performer, but at the present time, Creed are over.

BobbyMcGee
10-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Who dug this thread up? I thought it was over with a while ago :)

Dogstar I agree with you. I always think of Van Halen and even Bon Jovi when I think of Scott and the AB guys. Sammy and Eddie didn't speak for something like 7 or 8 years. Jon and Richie didn't speak for I think something like 3 years. I remember Jon Bon Jovi saying it didn't matter what had happened between them - the Band (Bon Jovi) and what they had was too good for them not to reunite.

I also hope Scott and the guys can heal their friendship. I haven't really seen or heard any AB interviews, but I know in Scott's interviews he sounds sad and has regret over what has happened.

Creed was too good not to eventually be recreated. Mark might be saying never now, but several years ago, they also didn't think there would be an end of Creed. They all planned for Creed to have longevity.

All that has been devastated
Can be recreated

Absolutley Shadow. As I said time heals.
________
Mflb review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)
________
YENKO CHEVROLET HISTORY (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Yenko_Chevrolet)

I'mRational
10-06-2004, 07:09 PM
So the fact that he's playing more notes and faster makes him better. Maybe to some musicians its does. That is one of the things that I don't like about the music. If he's showing off his skill great....but I don't listen to music based on how fast or how many notes its made up of. I just freaking listen to it and if I like it I do....and if I don't.....I don't.

That post you are quoting was a reply to the comments that the AB guys were not held back in Creed. It is not about the music, but about Marks skill. Generally, the faster and the more difficult stuff you can play, the better you are as a guitarist. This does not have anything to do with the music, but with the musical abilities.

I'mRational
10-06-2004, 07:19 PM

I'll make it simple for you. Stapp would not have allowed:

All the guitar solos Marks has in ODR, unless they were simple, basic and unobtrusive; the complexity of the guitar solos; Phillips double bass drumming in a many of the songs; songs like 'lingus, FTR, WYW, etc., because they are too heavy, much more instrumentally complex, and only singable for a select few.

This list is just for starters.

ctfan
10-06-2004, 08:44 PM
I'll make it simple for you. Stapp would not have allowed:

All the guitar solos Marks has in ODR, unless they were simple, basic and unobtrusive; the complexity of the guitar solos; Phillips double bass drumming in a many of the songs; songs like 'lingus, FTR, WYW, etc., because they are too heavy, much more instrumentally complex, and only singable for a select few.

This list is just for starters.

I'll just say this. If what is now on the current AB cd....would have been on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it. Not EVERYONE likes that kind of music.

kariyanine
10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
I actually thought Creed would be moving in this direction anyway but who knows.

As for Creed getting back together. I think it is very possible. Yes; all the guys are happy doing their own thing right now but who knows what 5 to 10 years brings. I mean just look at all the highly succesful bands that have broken up and then reformed. Some people have all ready mentioned Van Halen and Bon Jovi. But there are a ton more. Journey, Styx, Motley Crue, Poison and even Metallica has been at the breaking point a couple of times (although never officially). Billy Joel said he was never going to tour again and low and behold 2 years later I was watching him and Elton John perform on stage together to a sold out arena 2 nights in a row. For crying out loud Kiss breaks up and reforms at random intervals of the year. Look at Fleetwood Mac, I think it was something like 15 years they didn't even talk to each other, the hate was so high, and now they are back making records and touring. Sometimes people say things and fully mean them at the time but later on time passes and those things that are said come undone.

It's kind of like this. Being in a band is like being part of a family but sometimes families have problems and they don't talk for years or sometimes ever again. But there is always going to be a chance. And even if you want Creed to stay dead and buried I think that people should at least view it as a possibility, however remote.

What I do hope happens though is that Scott can rekindle at least a friendship with Mark and the rest of the guys because in the almost a decade I followed Creed it seemed like their friendship was what really drove them.

The Lithium
10-07-2004, 04:31 PM
geez... are Robyn and Kerry the only reasonable people on this thread???
I would rate myself as reasonable... I just don't think Creed will reunite, but it would be truely awesome if they did!! And truely stinky at the same time...

DekWannaBFlea
10-07-2004, 09:54 PM
I'll just say this. If what is now on the current AB cd....would have been on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it. Not EVERYONE likes that kind of music.

Thank you for clearing that up..... :rolleyes:

'cause everybody loves hard rock.......

ctfan
10-08-2004, 01:15 AM
Thank you for clearing that up..... :rolleyes:

'cause everybody loves hard rock.......

If AB's music is your kinda thang...that's great! I'm just not everybody... :D

fluttergirl
10-08-2004, 02:02 AM
I believe he was being sarcastic, saying that NOT everybody likes hard rock :D
Correct me if I'm wrong....

DekWannaBFlea
10-08-2004, 02:37 AM
I believe he was being sarcastic, saying that NOT everybody likes hard rock :D
Correct me if I'm wrong....

You got it :thumbsup:

Flutter add me to your AIM

my aim is

DekwannaBflea

I'mRational
10-08-2004, 08:07 PM

That's fine, but my post has nothing to do with liking or not liking the music. it is strickly about the muscians being held back.

ctfan
10-08-2004, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=I'mRational]That's fine, but my post has nothing to do with liking or not liking the music. it is strickly about the muscians being held back./QUOTE]

HUH??? When I listened to AB's cd, I heard heavy guitar riffs, and long long solo's. Most of AB's fan have raved on and on about how "Mark just rips it up" and "shreds". And about how he's opened up so much on this album.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he's doing all those things...then wouldn't it stand to reason that it would show up as "music"???

What I'm saying is this, if he had "opened up" on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it because I don't particularly care for it.

Bridge of Clay
10-10-2004, 02:45 PM
I would rate myself as reasonable... I just don't think Creed will reunite, but it would be truely awesome if they did!! And truely stinky at the same time...
No, you're not. You're an AB soccer mom.

Bridge of Clay
10-10-2004, 02:56 PM
This is so frickin' funny... (about being heavier)...

I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier. Even Stapp wanted it to be heavier, as I quote: "This band is getting a heavier vibe" (CreedInk #1)

I also laugh at people who says Mark was being held back... as I TRY to quote Stapp: "I asked Mark to play more and longer solos on songs... coz I need a break to breath during songs... and his eyes were all surprised 'you sure?!' ... he seemed like a lik kid with a new toy, that's everything he wanted to do" (Sony Weathered Promo Interview)

I'll also quote Troy Stetina: "Mark wants to bring shredding back to business on the next Creed record" (at the time Mark was having classes with him - 2002)

So, the 4th Creed record would have been heavier... I dunno if any of the AB songs would have been considered for Creed's 4th album on the infamous jam session... I dunno when Mark wrote them... actually I'm dead curious about it.

Now, about being held back... I agree the band as a whole (the 4 of them) were... hence Mark said "things got so political towards the end of Creed... I was tired of thinking how long a song would last or what radios would it play before writing"...

so blame Wind-Up and Sony... but I assure that with everything Creed achived, they could have stepped it up for what they wanted.

but that's just MHO.

Dogstar
10-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Wind-Up has way too much of a say in the sounds of its bands. I think that's why it took so long for Submersed's CD to get out there.

BobbyMcGee
10-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Wind-Up has way too much of a say in the sounds of its bands. I think that's why it took so long for Submersed's CD to get out there.

:bow2:
________
Female Advice Forum (http://www.love-help.org/female-advice/)
________
French cooking (http://www.cooking-chef.com/french/)

kariyanine
10-10-2004, 08:34 PM

I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier. Even Stapp wanted it to be heavier, as I quote: "This band is getting a heavier vibe" (CreedInk #1)

I also laugh at people who says Mark was being held back... as I TRY to quote Stapp: "I asked Mark to play more and longer solos on songs... coz I need a break to breath during songs... and his eyes were all surprised 'you sure?!' ... he seemed like a lik kid with a new toy, that's everything he wanted to do" (Sony Weathered Promo Interview)

I'll also quote Troy Stetina: "Mark wants to bring shredding back to business on the next Creed record" (at the time Mark was having classes with him - 2002)

So, the 4th Creed record would have been heavier... I dunno if any of the AB songs would have been considered for Creed's 4th album on the infamous jam session... I dunno when Mark wrote them... actually I'm dead curious about it.

Now, about being held back... I agree the band as a whole (the 4 of them) were... hence Mark said "things got so political towards the end of Creed... I was tired of thinking how long a song would last or what radios would it play before writing"...

so blame Wind-Up and Sony... but I assure that with everything Creed achived, they could have stepped it up for what they wanted.

but that's just MHO.

Great post man. This is what I've been thinking anyway. I thought that Creed would have put out something resembling ODR and I am surprised that people are saying that the album sounds nothing like Creed. I mean really the guys didn't change that much musically since Weathered came out that ODR sounds that different. Yes it is harder and yes Mark shreds a whole lot on the album but this was all stuff that had been talked about being brought in by not just Mark but Scott as well.

I don't get why people keep saying Scott was holding them back. And Scott wouldn't allow this or that. I mean c'mon people Mark was voted guitarist of the year for what 3 years straight or something like that. Where was Scott's egomaniacal leash on Mark holding him back there, I'm sure he wouldn't want Mark getting any credit for helping make Creed what it was. I'm obviously being sarcastic there but maybe someone will see my point. I don't think anything was holding the guys back, it was the music they wanted to make at the time and ODR was somewhere along the lines of what I thought was a natural progression (of course without Scott's influence or his invisible tether cord to hold Mark and Flip back ;) )

BobbyMcGee
10-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Steve...
First of all....I would not say 3 yrs...maybe 10....and second economics has nothing to do with it because this band is not about THE MONEY...they are about the music...thats is why they are doing small arenas, and using mini vans...they like it this way. This band is not looking to light the world on fire the way CREED did.... They have been there and done that!!! This first album is doing very well.....and as they tour the word will spread.....Creed was a band for 2 yrs. before they were signed and it took awhile...they played at small venues and clubs.. :D

Ummm not to burst your bubble but I heard from a very good source that they have gotten rid of the mini vans and a certain person was seen getting off of a tour bus?!? :rolleyes:

And as far at the first album doing very well........umm you'd better look again at the stats. They are not exactly setting the world on fire.

And it's all about the music? Sorry but yeah right!
________
Free Xxx Movies (http://www.fucktube.com/)
________
DAIHATSU BEE HISTORY (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Daihatsu_Bee)

Bridge of Clay
10-10-2004, 10:27 PM
thanks Kari.

and just to add something about sounding like Creed or not, the 3 albums have nothing to do to each other, since they all progressed at the time. MOP, HC and Weathered are different in a lot of aspects. so why to expect that ODR would sound like it? that's bs to me.

Trimontana
10-11-2004, 04:41 AM
It´s really soon to say something definitive about it, AB have just started with his debut album. As far as i know AB is selling their gig´s tickets like water and the venues are packed. I don´t know untill what point the sales of the album are positive. I red in a magazine their album is in the the top five Rock albums in The USA. I don´t think constantly if Creed will reunite, i just trying to enjoy AB music and wishing good luck to Scott in his solo debut. If Creed have to reunite again it will happen we like it or not. With that i´m not trying to be negative, cos i love Creed and i´ll always do it. I had the best moments in my life with their music and i still listen to their cds. From another side i´m just impacient to see again AB in concert cos i think they are amazing, and they work really hard to be on the top, and they deserve it. ;)

johellion
10-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Ummm not to burst your bubble but I heard from a very good source that they have gotten rid of the mini vans and a certain person was seen getting off of a tour bus?!? :rolleyes:

And as far at the first album doing very well........umm you'd better look again at the stats. They are not exactly setting the world on fire.

And it's all about the music? Sorry but yeah right!

Bobby...I AM A GOOD SOURCE...that infomation about the mini vans was written on the 12th of September. Things do change...I am sure the tight quarters, and the long drives proved to be uncomfortable, and they chose to use a bus....SO WHAT!!! It's not like they can't afford it!!!

The album is doing just fine....as the touring continues, and the word is spread, the sells will improve.Sweetie ...their are people out there that don't even know Creed has split up!!!! I talk to people everyday that don't know this, so as far as their first album...its doing fine!!! I am sure it would be nice if they would exceed Creed with their success, but if it doesn't happen, it's no big deal!!! They have been their already!!! They are having fun, love what they are doing, and earning a living!!! The Big Money is not made by album sells....it is made by touring anyway!!! This IS A NEW BAND!!! "setting the World on fire" that has already happened....if they don't t his time so what!!! YUP!!! It's about the music!!!

Alterbridge is a very good band with great talent!!! Now...I am not gonna argue with ya'll on here....I am damn near 50, and I WILL let people know if there is wrong info in here, and if I know it is wrong I will correct it, and if I state my opinion, that is what it is...like it or not, and if I put new info in here that I know is true...if you don't like it , don't read it!!! :D

Have a nice day
jo

DekWannaBFlea
10-11-2004, 11:51 AM

but that's just MHO.

And yet why didn't scott ask him before weathered to do longer solos?

I seriously doubt the 4th album would have been heavier because that would lose fans, and i wonder what record companies want? More fans=more money.

The Lithium
10-11-2004, 12:08 PM
I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier.
Well, yeah, but they never released more than 3 albums, and now Alter Bridge is heavier!

BobbyMcGee
10-11-2004, 01:04 PM
The album is doing just fine....as the touring continues, and the word is spread, the sells will improve.Sweetie ...

Sorry but I am not your Sweetie, nor your dear, honey or snookums. The name is Bobby not Sweetie.
________
DC MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://dc.dispensaries.org/)
________
HOST AND DESIGN (http://hostndesign.com)

farmgirl
10-11-2004, 05:50 PM
And yet why didn't scott ask him before weathered to do longer solos?

Mark's a big boy...if he wanted to do more solo's, he could have made it known. Who knows what was discussed. Personally, for myself, I don't care for the solos all that much.

Gabriel
10-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Whats up all,

I just read the title of this thread, not the content, so I apologize if this has already been said by somebody but I thought I could shed some light on this. Mark, Flip and Brian have stated in every interview where they were asked on this subject that there will be no Creed reunion EVER. It can not be stated any plainer than that. The band is well aware that Stapp has said the door is still open in several interviews and I can understand how this would cause confusion, however, Mark, Flip and Brian's door is completely sealed shut forever. On the bright side, remember, they went out on top and now they are all doing projects that they love very much. If you ever feel the need for Creed you all always have 3 great CD's that can be listened to always.

Michael

Ann Allusion
10-11-2004, 09:09 PM
The band is well aware that Stapp has said the door is still open in several interviews and I can understand how this would cause confusion, however, Mark, Flip and Brian's door is completely sealed shut forever.

stapps offer says a lot for him...just as "forever" says a lot about the other three... :(

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 09:18 PM
stapps offer says a lot for him...just as "forever" says a lot about the other three... :(
Good lord, you just don't let up. I wish you would stop insinuating that it's wrong for Mark & Co. not to want to regroup with Scott and that the bitterness they feel is somehow inappropriate or wrong. We have no right to judge how they feel because we don't have any real idea of what happened with the breakup, only what has been said publicly. If you think Scott Stapp is blameless in this, that's pretty naive. I'm so tired of Scott being made to look like a saint here. He's not, and neither are the others.

Bridge of Clay
10-11-2004, 09:29 PM
well said, Michael and Dogstar.

Just for the record, though: I still miss Creed... I mean... I miss the fact I've never seen them live and I wish Wind-Up showed some respect for the fans and released all the b-sides, finished or not.

Ann Allusion
10-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Good lord, you just don't let up. I wish you would stop insinuating that it's wrong for Mark & Co. not to want to regroup with Scott and that the bitterness they feel is somehow inappropriate or wrong. We have no right to judge how they feel because we don't have any real idea of what happened with the breakup, only what has been said publicly. If you think Scott Stapp is blameless in this, that's pretty naive. I'm so tired of Scott being made to look like a saint here. He's not, and neither are the others.

please...all i said was that stapps offer says a lot about him just as what the other three said says something about them and that it was sad...that means what it said...implying nothing more...

sad...without judgement...either way...again...please, dogstar...and anyone else...do me a favor and quit reading things into what i post.

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Well, why don't you express yourself in a more clear manner, then. As a lyricist, you know full well how to leave your words open to interpretation.

johellion
10-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Whats up all,

I just read the title of this thread, not the content, so I apologize if this has already been said by somebody but I thought I could shed some light on this. Mark, Flip and Brian have stated in every interview where they were asked on this subject that there will be no Creed reunion EVER. It can not be stated any plainer than that. The band is well aware that Stapp has said the door is still open in several interviews and I can understand how this would cause confusion, however, Mark, Flip and Brian's door is completely sealed shut forever. On the bright side, remember, they went out on top and now they are all doing projects that they love very much. If you ever feel the need for Creed you all always have 3 great CD's that can be listened to always.

Michael

Hey Michael... this is johellion...jecf40....u know who I ammmmmmmmm...thank you for this ....maybe all will listen too you!!! Rock an roll...can't wait to see ya in N.O...Voodoo Fest...Last time I saw you was in N.Y. Madison Square Gardens/ Van Halen...it's been a while...hope you are there Bil and I can't wait!!! :D

Ann Allusion
10-11-2004, 09:53 PM
believe me...it doesn't prevent those from jumping to conclusions, that feel they don't like what i say, no matter how clear my comments are...

i have always said what i mean...and that's the way it will continue to be...anything read into my comments will be because someone is looking for something that just isn't there...but if it validates them and their opinion, i'm sure they will find it...

johellion
10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Sorry but I am not your Sweetie, nor your dear, honey or snookums. The name is Bobby not Sweetie.

LOL LOL!!! I probably could be your mom>>>>OK..sooooooo...Ya don't wanna be NICE....I was saying sweetie to be nice....But now u the bitch!!! LOL..Named Bobby....who was the smart ass in the last post...the miss know it all...this is the last convo with you....I told you the way it was in my last post...nice and sweet...now ...U can kiss my ass...JANIS...hehehe :rolleyes:

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Sorry, but that was not direct, at least not for me, given your constant criticism/inference of Mark's words.

Bridge of Clay
10-11-2004, 10:11 PM
believe me...it doesn't prevent those from jumping to conclusions, that feel they don't like what i say, no matter how clear my comments are...

i have always said what i mean...and that's the way it will continue to be...anything read into my comments will be because someone is looking for something that just isn't there...but if it validates them and their opinion, i'm sure they will find it...
aham... you get that coz that's exactly what you do with the words of the ones who are not "Scott Stapp".

BobbyMcGee
10-11-2004, 10:24 PM
LOL LOL!!! I probably could be your mom>>>>OK..sooooooo...Ya don't wanna be NICE....I was saying sweetie to be nice....But now u the bitch!!! LOL..Named Bobby....who was the smart ass in the last post...the miss know it all...this is the last convo with you....I told you the way it was in my last post...nice and sweet...now ...U can kiss my ass...JANIS...hehehe :rolleyes:

Excuse me! I just don't like being called Sweetie! And as far as being old enough to be my mother I highly doubt that! And for the record I don't kiss anyone's ass thank you very much! And I ain't no ones Bitch! And just how do you know I'm a Miss?

And who is kissing ass here:

Hey Michael... this is johellion...jecf40....u know who I ammmmmmmmm...thank you for this ....maybe all will listen too you!!! Rock an roll...can't wait to see ya in N.O...Voodoo Fest...Last time I saw you was in N.Y. Madison Square Gardens/ Van Halen...it's been a while...hope you are there Bil and I can't wait!!!

:rolleyes:
________
Vaporizer Wholesale (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)
________
BustyHottness (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/BustyHottness/)

farmgirl
10-11-2004, 10:41 PM
If you think Scott Stapp is blameless in this, that's pretty naive. I'm so tired of Scott being made to look like a saint here. He's not, and neither are the others.

I can only speak for myself here but, I support Scott, but never once claimed he was a saint. I've said all along that not ALL the blame should be put on him and he has apologized for his part in more than one interview. I have yet to see Mark or Flip admit to any fault in the break-up except for Mark saying he was a workaholic. You're right, Scott isn't perfect and neither are the others but if everyone would have apologized for their part from the get-go, maybe some fans wouldn't have looked at it as the others thinking they are blameless.

I just wish people would accept some prefer Scott's music, some prefer AB's and some support both, but noone should try to change anyone minds about their choice. Different opinions make the world more interesting. :cool:

johellion
10-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Excuse me! I just don't like being called Sweetie! And as far as being old enough to be my mother I highly doubt that! And for the record I don't kiss anyone's ass thank you very much! And I ain't no ones Bitch! And just how do you know I'm a Miss?

And who is kissing ass here:

:rolleyes:

Look JANIS....I say sweetie to a lot of folks....If you are offended ...EXCUSE ME... I am VERY southern...Well if I am not old enough to be your mother...I am sorry...your post ...seemed as if you were at least early 20's...I don't kiss anyones ass either...but because u acted and reacted as u did...that is how YOU sounded to ME , as well as a BITCH...soooooooo...Like I said...If you want to talk to me further....it will not be on this board or any other!!! Like I said...I do not argue, and will not on this board, or any other....U can PM if you want...and WHY are u bringing Micheal into this.....This subject is closed as of NOW!!!

Dogstar
10-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Farmgirl, I do accept that some people prefer Scott's music, some AB's, and some both, but what I object to is the constant inferences made into Mark's words that some people who support Scott think are always against Scott. Not all of his comments have been anti-Stapp. I'm sorry, but that I cannot accept.

TeriB19
10-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Thank you Michael and Jo for your input. Bobby McGee, please lighten up. She didn't hit you in the face with a mackerel, she called you sweetie for God's sake.

And Rose, while we all have differing opinions and no amount of posting back and forth will ever change that, it's so disheartening to come here day in and day out to hear how mean old Mark trashed poor innocent Scott. You know I'm not speaking about you, but those who hold Scott up on a pedastal know who they are and they cannot accept that Scott may have had anything whatsoever to do with the breakup. I'm sick to death of it.

BobbyMcGee
10-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Thank you Michael and Jo for your input. Bobby McGee, please lighten up. She didn't hit you in the face with a mackerel, she called you sweetie for God's sake.

Well if you look she did call me a Bitch. And I find it very offensvie that she called me Sweetie and a Bitch to boot, southern or not I am no one's sweetie or anyone's bitch!
________
Petite Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/petite-girls/)
________
Electric Cigarettes (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

TeriB19
10-11-2004, 11:09 PM
I'll say it again, lighten up. She didn't call you a bitch until you took her to task for calling you sweetie. If you don't like it, sweetie, use the ignore button.

Gabriel
10-11-2004, 11:30 PM

But, Ann, what if your opinions are completely ignorant? Here is a reality check for you... you do not know Stapp, Brian, Mark and Flip personally. You have no clue as to what caused the breakup of Creed except what has been spoon fed to you in the media on both sides. What you have seen in the media is about 10% of the reason of the breakup of Creed. That being said, you choose to judge these guys based on a thin sliver of facts that you have read. I'm sorry Ann, but that is ignorant to me.

That would be like me being pissed at Jennifer Lopez for breaking up with Ben Affleck. Or maybe it was the other way around? Who the hell knows and who the hell cares. Let it go and fucking move on, Ann. As I said, Creed is dead and will never play again. Take that to the bank.

I take it you think that the Alter Bridge guys are being hard on Stapp in the media? I laugh at that. Again, since you have no clue as to what really happened, you would not know how kind they are being to him. You do not know how kind management is being to him by keeping their mouths shut even after they have been slagged by him, completely unfairly, in the media. Believe me when I say that Stapp is probably ecstatic about how the interviews with Alter Bridge have gone so far. Stapp knows that things could be a million times worse. The only reason Stapp has not gone after the guys is because he knows his career would be over. And with that, my rant ends.

Bridge of Clay
10-11-2004, 11:38 PM
scheidt! I hope that's enough.

thank you for input Michael. I'm sorry now people will say you stir shit... although I know you don't care... but that's not fair to you.

fluttergirl
10-11-2004, 11:50 PM
Michael...I just don't know what to say...Just...Speechless...
:bigjump: :bigjump: :bigjump:
I think that about covers it.

aussiecreeder
10-12-2004, 12:02 AM
But, Ann, what if your opinions are completely ignorant? Here is a reality check for you... you do not know Stapp, Brian, Mark and Flip personally. You have no clue as to what caused the breakup of Creed except what has been spoon fed to you in the media on both sides. What you have seen in the media is about 10% of the reason of the breakup of Creed. That being said, you choose to judge these guys based on a thin sliver of facts that you have read. I'm sorry Ann, but that is ignorant to me.

That would be like me being pissed at Jennifer Lopez for breaking up with Ben Affleck. Or maybe it was the other way around? Who the hell knows and who the hell cares. Let it go and fucking move on, Ann. As I said, Creed is dead and will never play again. Take that to the bank.

I take it you think that the Alter Bridge guys are being hard on Stapp in the media? I laugh at that. Again, since you have no clue as to what really happened, you would not know how kind they are being to him. You do not know how kind management is being to him by keeping their mouths shut even after they have been slagged by him, completely unfairly, in the media. Believe me when I say that Stapp is probably ecstatic about how the interviews with Alter Bridge have gone so far. Stapp knows that things could be a million times worse. The only reason Stapp has not gone after the guys is because he knows his career would be over. And with that, my rant ends.

your honour the defence rests it case...... :)
one thing i would like to raise is his career potentially ending because of any revelations that may or may not come out. say 100% of what has being rumoured or thought about actually happened and people's opinon of him (outside cyberland)would change. we have someone such as axl rose in the business who is universally disliked (except from a small group of fans) and yet if chinese democracy is ever released it would still sell like hotcakes. obviously i don't have the facts either so its hard to mount a case.

musiclover291
10-12-2004, 12:12 AM

How do we know your comments are accurate. Of course you will say these things Mark is your brother and he is still with the same management.
At the end of the day the dirty laundry should have been keep out of the media because it hurts AB, Stapp, Management and the Record Label but at the end of the day it hurts the fans most of all. Personally I think in any break up everyone is to blame it is always two sides to story.

Dogstar
10-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Creed was huge, and you can't expect the questions to go unanswered forever. That's just reality

creedlvr
10-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Musiclover ... Don't you know that the entire break up is Scott's fault? It is foolish of you to think that there are 2 sides to every story. Don't you know that Michael's criptic "Scott is bad but I can't tell you why" posts are really just his way of protecting Scott so that we all don't find out that he (Scott) is really the spawn of the devil??

fluttergirl
10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Ummmmm, since when did the media ever give any interview without posting dirty laundry of some sort?
It's the friggin media, theyre going to make a mountain out of every damn molehill they can find....
Personally, I think what HAS been said isn't much....
Like I think Dogstar (correct me if I'm wrong) said, If you don't like what the stories say, just don't read them.

musiclover291
10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Creed was huge, and you can't expect the questions to go unanswered forever. That's just reality

But we still really don't know the truth and will never now the truth. AB, management will say one thing and Stapp will say another it's just like a divorce. When my parents got a divorce the things that were said was out of emotion and there was alot of hate on both sides and each side really believed in what they were saying because that's human that is how you feel at the time. Know seven years later they get along and acknowledge each others mistakes and it is the same in this case. I'm not saying they will get back together but who would have ever thought that Creed would ever break up or from a personal point view at the time of my parents divorce I would have never thought they would speak again in a kind matter. However, I take what Stapp says and what AB says and just believe half is true and half is not and just wish them luck.

Dogstar
10-12-2004, 12:39 AM
Heh, that was Teri, I think, fluttergirl, but I totally agree :D.

Creedlvr, there ARE two sides to every story, but most of the Stapp supporters don't seem to think so, at least not some of those who post here.

musiclover291
10-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Musiclover ... Don't you know that the entire break up is Scott's fault? It is foolish of you to think that there are 2 sides to every story. Don't you know that Michael's criptic "Scott is bad but I can't tell you why" posts are really just his way of protecting Scott so that we all don't find out that he (Scott) is really the spawn of the devil??

I hear you Creedlover it's no use. I think I will just enjoy the music of both Stapp and AB because I think they all are very talented and good people.

aussiecreeder
10-12-2004, 12:42 AM
don't you guys want to know what happened at least to a certain extent? i'm not convinced if it was the other way the same people would have the same opinion. perhaps michael is biased but he obviously knows more than everyone else here combined so i would rather take his word then everyone else. if someone close to stapp came on the board and told us differently then i would reason to reconsider but until then.....

fluttergirl
10-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Creedlvr, don't you know Stapp is a saint? Still attacthed to the cross and all?
Geez, this is why it's so hard to even come here.

musiclover291
10-12-2004, 12:52 AM
don't you guys want to know what happened at least to a certain extent? i'm not convinced if it was the other way the same people would have the same opinion. perhaps michael is biased but he obviously knows more than everyone else here combined so i would rather take his word then everyone else. if someone close to stapp came on the board and told us differently then i would reason to reconsider but until then.....

Sure it's human that we want to know but if they just came out and said creative differences between the members and if the media ask if they are still friends say that we are going in different directions so are not in direct contact with each other something along those lines. Because at the end of the day it's the music business and protects everyone interest and the fans relate to it better. Then all this back and forth every interview that comes out people are fighting, gossip and rumors etc. it's terrible.

creedlvr
10-12-2004, 12:52 AM
Heh, that was Teri, I think, fluttergirl, but I totally agree :D.

Creedlvr, there ARE two sides to every story, but most of the Stapp supporters don't seem to think so, at least not some of those who post here.
I disagree that "most" of the Stapp supporters don't think there are 2 sides to every story ... perhaps there are some ... and perhaps there are some Mark supporters that think the same way.

From what I've read, most of the Stapp supporters have never said Scott is not partially to blame. I think it is obvious that he does hold a lot of the blame ... no one is denying that. Even he himself has admitted that. I think it just gets frustrating when "some" ... not all ... imply he is the ONLY one to blame. And posts like Michael's just make it worse.

Ann Allusion
10-12-2004, 12:54 AM
But, Ann, what if your opinions are completely ignorant? Here is a reality check for you... you do not know Stapp, Brian, Mark and Flip personally.

I have NEVER claimed to know what has exactly happened on a personal level...Michael...nor claimed that i know/knew any of the members of Creed on any level...

you ask WHAT IF my opinions are ignorant? Then i guess you better be asking that SAME question about anyone else that doesn't agree with the Majority and post their disagreements with what is being said as well...

my opinions are my own personal observations, whether they are correct or not...so be it...the point is they are observations of what shows from the public point of view...

as for judging anyone...that, is something i haven't done either...actually i really do understand that there is more than meets the eye...but that is between them and stapp...it is NOT my business or anyone elses for that matter as to what it was that was the cause of all that has come to pass....and i have said so many times.

why should my insiginificant observations bother you so much....when so many others are out there posting basically the same thing?...Want me to move on?...is that another way of telling me to "Watch My Words"?...or just "Shut Up"?

musiclover291
10-12-2004, 12:55 AM
I disagree that "most" of the Stapp supporters don't think there are 2 sides to every story ... perhaps there are some ... and perhaps there are some Mark supporters that think the same way.

From what I've read, most of the Stapp supporters have never said Scott is not partially to blame. I think it is obvious that he does hold a lot of the blame ... no one is denying that. Even he himself has admitted that. I think it just gets frustrating when "some" ... not all ... imply he is the ONLY one to blame. And posts like Michael's just make it worse.

I agree. It brings more divison than unity.

aussiecreeder
10-12-2004, 01:18 AM
Sure it's human that we want to know but if they just came out and said creative differences between the members and if the media ask if they are still friends say that we are going in different directions so are not in direct contact with each other something along those lines. Because at the end of the day it's the music business and protects everyone interest and the fans relate to it better. Then all this back and forth every interview that comes out people are fighting, gossip and rumors etc. it's terrible.

because they is not what has seemed to happen. creative differences have not being cited as the reasons mark and flip went their own way, got brian back and found a different singer. personality conflicts is to blame it at least seems and they other guys no longer wish to have a relationship with scott. there is holding back which has to happen but you also have to give your fans a clear and truthful picture of what happened.

musiclover291
10-12-2004, 01:31 AM
because they is not what has seemed to happen. creative differences have not being cited as the reasons mark and flip went their own way, got brian back and found a different singer. personality conflicts is to blame it at least seems and they other guys no longer wish to have a relationship with scott. there is holding back which has to happen but you also have to give your fans a clear and truthful picture of what happened.

Well I agree to disagree to a point. I think that it was alot of reasons personality was just one and like I said before each side has there view point which is to be expected. Stapp has his viewpoint and AB has there it's only natural like I stated before I believe half from both camps and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

farmgirl
10-12-2004, 07:50 AM
And Rose, while we all have differing opinions and no amount of posting back and forth will ever change that, it's so disheartening to come here day in and day out to hear how mean old Mark trashed poor innocent Scott. You know I'm not speaking about you, but those who hold Scott up on a pedastal know who they are and they cannot accept that Scott may have had anything whatsoever to do with the breakup. I'm sick to death of it.

I understand that but at the same time, it's also disheartening to come here and see Scott getting the blunt of the blame and some AB fans putting them on a pedestal also. Maybe a few do read more into comments Mark has made but he sure isn't innocent either and has made some statements that were not necessary. I seem to recall a few of Stapp's interviews being posted here with some AB fans saying what he said was bullshit or lies and ripped apart his interviews also. It seems to me that negative comments about Stapp are okay if not done too harshly but if anyone makes similar comments about AB, well, been some that come right out and say Mark is a God and I don't see anyone replying that they think that person is going over-board or thinking he walks on water. When the shoe is on the other foot, people can't take it.

There is a new interview by Scott over at PBF and he is asked some similar questions about the break-up and such and he didn't say one negative comment about the guys. No, I don't think he's perfect but I believe his interviews show more class.

I'm tired of the Stapp fans being blamed for all the arguments when in fact, the AB fans are just as much to blame.

creedlvr
10-12-2004, 06:32 PM
great post, Farmgirl!

Trimontana
10-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Nine pages...and counting!!!!!

ctfan
10-12-2004, 08:52 PM
When I made my very post here, I told everyone hello, and made an apology beforehand if my posts didn't come out right. I then when on to say that I agreed with a couple of people in the thread that I decided to post in. Can't remember now who those people were, or the thread....but not the first person said hello to me. No one said welcome to the board, and no one said that they hoped I enjoyed my time here. I didn't think to much about it then and thought that maybe I had posted in the wrong forum, or that people just overlooked it.

After being here for a few months, my thoughts have changed. I haven't posted much, and when I have it's been met with all kinds of replies. From people accusing me of being sarcastic for putting info and a link here, to someone questioning the # of posts I have. I'll also say that I have gotten a few positive replies too.

I've not been overly negative in what I've had to say, usually it's just the way I feel about a certain something so most times I just read the forums. What I find in the various threads here is unbelieveable. You have people stating that those who don't like the AB cd (I'm one of those people)have bailed on the band members. You have others who are sick of the bickering and the back forth between members on this board, and accuse some of being whiny Stapp backers. You have known Stapp bashers visit here from other boards talking about how they know Stapp, only to have someone who wasn't aware of the persons opinon of the man, ask what he's like...and wind up apologizing for asking the question. You have threads that have people posting how they have pics of Stapps hairy chest, and yea it was explained that the comments where sarcastic. I'm not even sure who those comments were for. Or who was supposed to enjoy them.

Then we move on the various interviews that band members have given, and when someone posts how they feel about something that was said...are told to just not read them, or that their opinions are ignorant. Or that they are wrong.

People get picked to pieces here, just like any other. Nothing is different. People here are accused of being the same thing as they are at other boards.

I'm what you would call a Stapp fan, or if you will, a Stapp backer. I enjoy what I hear, and what I get from his interviews. I enjoy the new song, and I'm looking forward to his solo cd.

I gave AB a listen with an open mind. I've read the interviews they have given. I know what I feel when I listened and what I understand when I read. And I don't have to like it. Doesn't matter who calls me ignorant or whiny. Doesn't matter if you agree with my opinon or my thoughts, and it doesn't matter if I disagree with yours. I just know what I like, and nothing will change it.

Ann Allusion
10-12-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm what you would call a Stapp fan, or if you will, a Stapp backer. I enjoy what I hear, and what I get from his interviews. I enjoy the new song, and I'm looking forward to his solo cd.

I gave AB a listen with an open mind. I've read the interviews they have given. I know what I feel when I listened and what I understand when I read. And I don't have to like it. Doesn't matter who calls me ignorant or whiny. Doesn't matter if you agree with my opinon or my thoughts, and it doesn't matter if I disagree with yours. I just know what I like, and nothing will change it.

Ditto...:jam:

xcelent post, ctfan... :)

ctfan
10-12-2004, 09:24 PM

I realize that I am only one Creed/Stapp fan Michael, and one fan certainly isn't going to break Alter Bridge. But you have to realize that it isn't just Creed fans who are reading, or listening to Mark's/the band's interivews.

Those other people are the ones you should be worried about. Mark not only represents himself, but the other band members as well. Imo, he isn't making a whole lot of friends, or new fans.

creedlvr
10-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Nice job, ctfan. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Trimontana
10-13-2004, 03:54 AM
Hey CTFAN,

Welcome to the board...even maybe it´s with a lot of delay...noone welcome me either but...who cares...

I´m a AB/Creed fan...and i´ll never call ignorant to someone else just for the fact that person doesn´t like AB. So you can make the coment you want that me personally won´t judge badly for that...i´ll agree or desagree with you (or another person) but never insulting.

So anytime man..... :o

Bridge of Clay
10-13-2004, 12:23 PM
ctfan,

You're entitled to like whatever you want, as much as anybody else. Nobody questioned that.

What most of the threads are questioning are the attitude from a few Stapp fans towards others and Stapp himself, due the constant worshipping and praising, making of him a person he's not, pretending he's a saint and refuse to reckon the guy's past mistakes.

That, on the other hands, irritates other fans who know about them but forgave it and are still supporting both sides. And it bothers even more a few who pick on Stapp just for the sake of irritating those few obsessed fans.

A very wise and back in the day poster used to say "worship the music, not the musicians". That's a pretty clever advice, imo. (Not to you, to people in general).

Dogstar
10-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Well said, Marcos.

TeriB19
10-13-2004, 02:27 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Right on, Marcos!

Ann Allusion
10-13-2004, 02:50 PM
ctfan,

You're entitled to like whatever you want, as much as anybody else. Nobody questioned that.

What most of the threads are questioning are the attitude from a few Stapp fans towards others and Stapp himself, due the constant worshipping and praising, making of him a person he's not, pretending he's a saint and refuse to reckon the guy's past mistakes.

That, on the other hands, irritates other fans who know about them but forgave it and are still supporting both sides. And it bothers even more a few who pick on Stapp just for the sake of irritating those few obsessed fans.

A very wise and back in the day poster used to say "worship the music, not the musicians". That's a pretty clever advice, imo. (Not to you, to people in general).

Riddle me this...Marcos...and anyone that agrees with what he has said...just exactly who are these "FEW" obsessed fans?...care to drop some names?...because as i see it...the atmosphere is ANYONE that stands behind stapp and has chosen not to like both...or just AB alone fits the mold that has been cast by those that do.

Thing is...EVERYONE is entitled to what they choose to believe and what they choose to post...people can disagree if they want to...but...respect everyones right to believe as they will, and to express themselves with what they post in an adult manner...voicing ones convictions does not necessairly mean that they are obsessed... :)

Dogstar
10-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Did you not read Marcos' first words to ctfan? Once again, you're reading too much into someone else's words. I'm not sure whom Marcos meant when he said obsessed fans, but all he did was lay out the scenario as he sees it. Yes, everyone is entitled to believe what they will and disagree and post in as adult a manner as possible. Not all board members have reached adulthood, another thing that should be considered. Marcos is posting he believes, and I agree with a lot of what he said. There are a few fans who see Scott Stapp through rose-colored glasses. And naming names will only start flame wars, and we try to avoid those as much as possible.

OneOmerta
10-13-2004, 03:19 PM
just exactly who are these "FEW" obsessed fans?...care to drop some names?

yeah...I'd like to know as well

the atmosphere is ANYONE that stands behind stapp and has chosen not to like both...or just AB alone fits the mold that has been cast by those that do.

I have said on another board that I do like the vid for OYE. I also own the AB album....just haven't listened to it in it's entirety as of yet. But see...because I also choose to not attack Stapp and place ALL the blame on Stapp...my opinions are considered as being Stapp defensive. I KNOW that the man has made mistakes. Christ....who the heck hasn't? If anyone in here can step up and say they have never made a mistake in their life...please...come forward...I'd love to shake your hand and give you a pat on the back for a job well done. But....AB are NOT perfect either...and many many people on many many bb's seem to think that the sun rises and sets on AB's butt...and that it is ALL Stapp! Even Michael is alluding to that right here in this thread...which he has done from the get go with the whole Creed break up stuff. And that's fine...he's got the right to support his brother. I would do the same for my brother too. However...I am one of the few out there who doesn't take everything that Michael says as gospel. Sorry...I just don't, and I have my own reasons for that. I see many posts from people who say...."you should take what Michael says as gospel...he KNOWS". But ya know what? I could care less what Michael knows. Calling people ignorant for having their own opinions? real classy! But...ya know what they say about Karma....isn't that right Michael? ;) I think you said the same thing to me on another board when I voiced my opinion on something you said a few months back..."that one day Karma was going to bite me in the ass, and I would get mine"...well...I'm still waiting :D And rock stars brother or not...karma does bite both ways :smokin:

musiclover291
10-13-2004, 03:44 PM

I have said on another board that I do like the vid for OYE. I also own the AB album....just haven't listened to it in it's entirety as of yet. But see...because I also choose to not attack Stapp and place ALL the blame on Stapp...my opinions are considered as being Stapp defensive. I KNOW that the man has made mistakes. Christ....who the heck hasn't? If anyone in here can step up and say they have never made a mistake in their life...please...come forward...I'd love to shake your hand and give you a pat on the back for a job well done. But....AB are NOT perfect either...and many many people on many many bb's seem to think that the sun rises and sets on AB's butt...and that it is ALL Stapp! Even Michael is alluding to that right here in this thread...which he has done from the get go with the whole Creed break up stuff. And that's fine...he's got the right to support his brother. I would do the same for my brother too. However...I am one of the few out there who doesn't take everything that Michael says as gospel. Sorry...I just don't, and I have my own reasons for that. I see many posts from people who say...."you should take what Michael says as gospel...he KNOWS". But ya know what? I could care less what Michael knows. Calling people ignorant for having their own opinions? real classy! But...ya know what they say about Karma....isn't that right Michael? ;) I think you said the same thing to me on another board when I voiced my opinion on something you said a few months back..."that one day Karma was going to bite me in the ass, and I would get mine"...well...I'm still waiting :D And rock stars brother or not...karma does bite both ways :smokin:

Great points. I also have defended Stapp many times on this board because nobody is perfect and I also support AB I have purchase their CD. But I am anger by alot of people who are attacked on this board by their opinions and I agree for Michael to insult someone because they are voicing their opinion is wrong whether he's Mark's brother or not it's just wrong.

musiclover291
10-13-2004, 03:46 PM
ctfan,

Great points but I think that the obessed fans goes both way AB and Stapp. But your correct just focus on the music.

fluttergirl
10-13-2004, 05:35 PM

Actually, I've referred to these stapp ppl too, but not ne one here, mostly at pbf and in real life, y'know, off the computer and all.
Besides, why don't you some people who worship AB, or say what Michael says is equivalent to the gospel, I have never met anyone, but that's just me. Not saying there aren't Im sure there are....
For the last time, Michael was saying *what if* her opinions are based on ignorance. Really, all of ours are, cept for the few with connections. And that has still not been answered....

Bridge of Clay
10-13-2004, 11:02 PM
ok, just let me say this:

Passion Breeds Followers is an awesome site. It's not fair to bicker that site if you've never been there and don't know the people who spend so much time, money and effort to do it.

The lay-out blows you out of the water and so does the content.

People from their board were always really nice to me, including when I stood for AB or Myles. Someone posted about a thread from a while back there... it's all in sake of good fun, it's not serious. You have to understand that.

You're not obligated to agree with them or their posts, yet it would be nice being polite and creating a friendly environment between Creed and post-Creed boards. If something bothers you, don't read it. Skip to the next thread and try to not post things that may cause conflict. (on all boards in general, that counts)

And to those who are thinking to do a reply "but Michael was banned from there", I say this: I wasn't a member at the time and I have no idea of what happened. So forgive my ignorance...

Besides... Submersed has their own appreciation thread there and it's going really well! :D hehehe

The Lithium
10-14-2004, 04:59 PM
I've got Marcos back here, PBF is an awesome site!! Really!

creedlvr
10-14-2004, 11:25 PM
was Michael really banned from there??

The Lithium
10-15-2004, 03:56 AM
You see, Micheal is the ultimate Mark supporter, of course, and I was a member of that board for one week, then I had to leave, problably for the same reason as Micheal had to... People over there hate Mark and AB for "turning their backs on Scott". It's really like a sect over there. Great site, lots of downloads, but the messboard is full of people who thinks Scott is God. And then I really mean GOD!!!

DekWannaBFlea
10-15-2004, 06:36 AM
You see, Micheal is the ultimate Mark supporter, of course, and I was a member of that board for one week, then I had to leave, problably for the same reason as Micheal had to... People over there hate Mark and AB for "turning their backs on Scott". It's really like a sect over there. Great site, lots of downloads, but the messboard is full of people who thinks Scott is God. And then I really mean GOD!!!

And thats why i posted the thread about how i thought it was cultish.........I like Alterbridge a lot but not to the hero worship over there

Bridge of Clay
10-15-2004, 08:45 AM

that's not true... there are lots of people there who like Mark and AB too.

And you left coz you wanted... you got flamed there coz you'd only talk about Alter Bridge and nothing else on a Stapp board... the least you could have done was posting on the non-stapp related section.

The Lithium
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
No, I got a mail from Julie and she said: "I will ban you now", and I said, "No, I'll leave myself". I know what happened to me.

Jooji_2
10-15-2004, 04:45 PM
was Michael really banned from there??

I don't know if he was banned or if his application just was not approved....but rest assured.....he knows exactly what is said over there. He isn't missing out on anything. :D

musiclover291
10-15-2004, 05:19 PM
I don't know if he was banned or if his application just was not approved....but rest assured.....he knows exactly what is said over there. He isn't missing out on anything. :D

Trust me Michael watches all the boards. I think Stapp watches the boards to but he doesn't have anyone post anything he remains silent.

creedlvr
10-15-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I have never been over on that board. I just signed up. They do have quite a lot of downloads.

Anyway, I could understand that they (Mark, Scott, etc) would be watching and reading. I guess I would do the same thing ... to know what people are saying. Of course, that's only coming from the "online" people. It just shouldn't be that it starts problems.

musiclover291
10-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I have never been over on that board. I just signed up. They do have quite a lot of downloads.

Anyway, I could understand that they (Mark, Scott, etc) would be watching and reading. I guess I would do the same thing ... to know what people are saying. Of course, that's only coming from the "online" people. It just shouldn't be that it starts problems.

I agree and really the internet community is a very small percentage of the fan base.

The Lithium
10-20-2004, 02:05 AM
All the die hards are posting on at least one messboard...