Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Godly phrase? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Godly phrase?

Sincirr
07-26-2004, 01:27 AM
I am just curious as to what people think of this well-used term:

God helps those who help themselves

I have mixed feelings on the phrase, but I wanna know what others think.
D

whitebird
07-26-2004, 11:50 AM
I have great respect for God and spirituality. I have however been very disappointed in mankind at times. This term has been used by many to turn away from people in need, and in effect say that it is God's choice that these people suffer. By laying the blame on someone else, they can then feel less guiltly.

People judge others, not knowing the many phases in life that has taken people to the point where they may not be able to help themselves.

If they only realized, in only one moment your life can change, spiraling a person into directions that they never expected. Perhaps then they would feel more compassion toward others.

creedsister
07-26-2004, 12:33 PM
I agree whitebird But i think its like this The Only Way we can truly help thy self is give it to The Higher Power and let him guide us he is are only help and the only thing We can do with self Is Sacrafice it , Self Is No Good And God Helps Those Who Helps theme selfs } we cant Really He Can if u have the will he will make the way:: Bottom line Is U Got to stay in the will of God And Thats Not Hard To Do Once U Set self Aside if you read the bible all through it u will find that self and the flesh must be brought before God to be purged or to be cleansed And Burned So i guess what im try to say is The Only Way We Can Help Are Selfs Again Is Give It To GOD amen and amen!!!!!

Sincirr
07-27-2004, 04:22 AM
I have great respect for God and spirituality. I have however been very disappointed in mankind at times. This term has been used by many to turn away from people in need, and in effect say that it is God's choice that these people suffer. By laying the blame on someone else, they can then feel less guiltly.
Wow, that is some good insight right there. Well said.

Also thanks heaps for your post creedsista! :) Always good to hear from my fave sis. Keep on posting!:jam:

Does anyone know where it originated from? Is it an American term or Engish or what?

I feel that God is more compassionate than this term depicts Him to be. Cos it says in scripture that He takes us out of the mirey clay and sets our feet on a rock, so He must know that there are some circumstances that are way too hard for us to manage. Some people just cant rise up cos they dont feel that they can. Makes me sad that they would hear this term and think that it's the truth U know, and that God aint gonna help them.

Does that sound dumb?

U know what, the term kinda makes me mad now I think of it more...

creedsister
07-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Hey Sincirr!!!! I dont know where the heck it originated From Im sure Bgivens Could tell us HaHa, No I Dont think its dumb } To know Him Is To Love Him And Knowing Him He will Bring the word to life for ya } And From Your Post Sincirr SOME CIRCUMSTANCES IS WAY TO HARD FOR US TO MANAGE, Its Written in pslams} I Think I HELP THOSE THAT HAVE NO HELP !!!! :jam: I Cant Find It At The Time And he puts us in shapes sometimes To Need Him GOD BLESS YA