Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
So... the question is... questions are [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : So... the question is... questions are

Bridge of Clay
07-25-2004, 12:33 AM
is Stapp going to have a band? or he'll just hire musicians to play with him?

Perhaps he's joining forces to someone? I know The Doors are looking for a singer to release new stuff and Robby Krieger loved Stapp better than anyone else to cover their songs... do you think there's a chance? right now I don't think so... but that could change...

just wondering! and when will his site be up and running?

Agent D
07-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Good questions. Personally, I think it's lame that the Doors still keep the name with a new singer and do new material. They're nothing without Jim Morrison.

Shadow
07-26-2004, 06:46 AM
I can't see him being in another band. He'll probably just stay a solo artist until Creed gets back together ;)

The Doors are looking for a singer to release new stuff and Robby Krieger loved Stapp better than anyone else to cover their songs... do you think there's a chance?
No way! At least I hope not, jmo. Can't they get over the fact that Jim Morrison is gone and The Doors left with him. Maybe they can ask Val Kilmer.

Bridge of Clay
07-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Creed is not coming back together... To be quite honest, it was something I believed until a couple days ago when I learned something. Creed is done forever. :(

I wouldn't like to see Stapp with The Doors either.

musiclover291
07-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Creed is not coming back together... To be quite honest, it was something I believed until a couple days ago when I learned something. Creed is done forever. :(

I wouldn't like to see Stapp with The Doors either.

What did you learn that makes you think that Creed will not get back together some day?

Bridge of Clay
07-26-2004, 11:49 AM
just some comments from a friend who met the band.

of course that can change in the future, but Mark, Flip and Brian don't want Creed anymore. They want something different. And so does Stapp, he's focused on his business and not on his career.

Alter Bridge plays music for the sake of it. Stapp plays music to leverage his businesses.

musiclover291
07-26-2004, 12:35 PM

of course that can change in the future, but Mark, Flip and Brian don't want Creed anymore. They want something different. And so does Stapp, he's focused on his business and not on his career.

Alter Bridge plays music for the sake of it. Stapp plays music to leverage his businesses.
I understand thats disappointing to hear but if both sides are happy that's great for both. Did your friend say is it any bad blood between them. Is a friendship possible in the future between Stapp and the others.

Bridge of Clay
07-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Sorry, I don't know.

musiclover291
07-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Sorry, I don't know.
Thanks for that information

Ann Allusion
07-26-2004, 01:59 PM

you have to do what makes ya happy...and IF your friend is correct in what he told you (i don't know your "friend", so forgive my slight scheptisism (sp)...then so be it....

the main thing is doing what you enjoy...but i have a feeling that stapp will always be involved with music/the performing arts in one aspect or another...it's in his blood... ;)

and i believe it always will be.

~peace

musiclover291
07-26-2004, 03:08 PM
you have to do what makes ya happy...and IF your friend is correct in what he told you (i don't know your "friend", so forgive my slight scheptisism (sp)...then so be it....

the main thing is doing what you enjoy...but i have a feeling that stapp will always be involved with music/the performing arts in one aspect or another...it's in his blood... ;)

and i believe it always will be.

~peace
It's a hard pill to swallow because Creed was so great and rare as a band. But you are correct you have to do what makes you happy and thinking in the case of Stapp with jagger and his messy breakup with his ex that probably lead to personal problems I guess he said it was not worth it plus this way he can be a full time father to Jagger.
I wish Atlerbridge and Stapp the best.

Shadow
07-26-2004, 03:13 PM

Marcos, there is always so much more to the story. There will always be information that is personal between them and will never come out in the media. I still think it sucks that they broke up.

Just remember that nothing is impossible and you never know what the future will hold.

Bridge of Clay
07-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Marcos, there is always so much more to the story. There will always be information that is personal between them and will never come out in the media. I still think it sucks that they broke up.

Just remember that nothing is impossible and you never know what the future will hold.

I know Robyn, I just made it short. I never meant I know everything about it, just parts of it, and those parts everybody knows. I agree it sucks. They were my favorite band by far. I think the only one...

I hope you're right but as for the future... I don't see it happening in any near future. Maybe 10 years from now...

Personally, I'm glad they split up instead of pretend everything was fine. They're right to do what they enjoy. As for Stapp, if he manages to drive a successful acting career, singing will be left aside. Not abandoned but not the priority.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this thread. I wanna know about Stapp music and not his future... When is he giving us some news?

Shadow
07-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Anyway, that wasn't the point of this thread. I wanna know about Stapp music and not his future... When is he giving us some news?
Marcos, go to passionbreedsfollowers.com It will give you up-to-the minute information on Scott. It's a beautiful new website dedicated to Scott. The ladies who created it did an awesome job. The link is at the bottom of my siggy. But, I'll post any new information here at CreedFeed the minute I get it.

Right now, we are just waiting for a release date for the single. With the album coming out August 31, the single should precede that.

shunammite
07-26-2004, 05:12 PM
I have no "inside information", just a long aquaintance with Scott's music...and I am SURE he never wrote anything primarily with a business angle in view...

Sure he wants to make a good living and perhaps not have his art under pressure of finances, to have some financial independence...touring was killing him...he wants to live...that's ok...

But his art is pure and he said he'd walk away if it ever became just a job...

Now it may be that some of the tv performances and so on were for business...that's ok...also a way to "spread your seed" as widely as possible...

Some like a small fan base...some like a large one...Scott seemed to like that "army"...until it all became too much anyway...

I'm just so glad he's ALIVE...

musiclover291
07-26-2004, 05:45 PM
I have no "inside information", just a long aquaintance with Scott's music...and I am SURE he never wrote anything primarily with a business angle in view...

Sure he wants to make a good living and perhaps not have his art under pressure of finances, to have some financial independence...touring was killing him...he wants to live...that's ok...

But his art is pure and he said he'd walk away if it ever became just a job...

Now it may be that some of the tv performances and so on were for business...that's ok...also a way to "spread your seed" as widely as possible...

Some like a small fan base...some like a large one...Scott seemed to like that "army"...until it all became too much anyway...

I'm just so glad he's ALIVE...
I agree very well said I think he had a lot of pressure on him with touring I mean the weather tour he looked terrible he was always sick and I am glad for him that he made a decision not based on money but what was right for him and his son. Also just want to add he worked his ass off if he wants to be a business man try acting etc. that is great but I believe his music and lyrics can't be matched.

Kimvan
07-26-2004, 06:38 PM
So true, he was sick alot during the Weathered tour, also the car accident, the whole mess with Hillaree and custody of Jagger, etc. It all just took its toll on him... and yes, he does need to do what's best for Jagger and himself. Maybe he needs to have a not-so-rigorous touring schedule, and he wouldn't get so sick/run down, and his throat could have proper rest between gigs. I also agree that his lyrics and voice cannot be matched; they are a unique gift from God, and I'm so glad he's chosen to use his gifts to share with all of us. ;)

Sheila63
07-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Very well said, shunammite and Kim. :clap: :clap:

Ann Allusion
07-26-2004, 07:36 PM
I am glad for him that he made a decision not based on money but what was right for him and his son.

exactly, musiclover...he has done what HE felt was best in my opinion as well... :)

I am SURE he never wrote anything primarily with a business angle in view...

i don't think he did either, shua...i believe his words came from his heart...and they always will.

Shadow
07-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Since we're on the topic of Scott and how he puts his heart into his lyrics---

I'm not bashing Mark here, but did anyone else see this comment from him (he's referring to Myles):

"We called him and asked him to lay down vocals on a couple of tracks we were working on," Tremonti said. "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion--as soon as we heard what he did we knew he was the guy."

:wtf: Is Mark saying that Scott didn't have passion? I don't get that. Passion is a huge part of his singing. I'm not going to say anything else here, because I'm pretty upset about this comment.

Here's the link for the full article: AB Article (http://www.livedaily.com/news/6843.html?t=98)

Shadow
07-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Marcos, I'm posting part of an article for you, about the Van Halen reunion. It makes a lot of sense and maybe we could see Creed this way. (Van Halen were apart 8 years). I put the link for the whole article at the bottom.

"The whole point of being older is time going by, water going under the bridge, whatever it is, you kind of forget what happened, or why you were mad to begin with, or what you said," said Hagar. "All that stuff goes out the window. ... We decided that, rather than go to therapy like some of these other bands and dig through the dirt, we said, 'No, no, here's what we're gonna do: we're gonna pretend like it never happened. We're gonna, like, rise above it.' It's really what we did. I think we elevated, and it hasn't even come up."

"We jammed probably for five or six hours, 'til my voice was completely worn out," he said. "The chemistry between the four of us is very, very special. Even as long as we did it, you start taking it for granted--you forget about it--and then you come back and you walk in and you go, 'Oh, wow! This is exactly like it always was.' And that's a great, great thing to still have it sitting there waiting for you, and not have to look for it and not have to reinvent it."

Scott and Mark have talked about their chemistry. I remember the Alternative Press article where they stated how they had "ESP" between each other.

Here's the link for the full article - Van Halen article (http://livedaily.com/news/6583.html)

musiclover291
07-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Since we're on the topic of Scott and how he puts his heart into his lyrics---

I'm not bashing Mark here, but did anyone else see this comment from him (he's referring to Myles):

"We called him and asked him to lay down vocals on a couple of tracks we were working on," Tremonti said. "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion--as soon as we heard what he did we knew he was the guy."

:wtf: Is Mark saying that Scott didn't have passion? I don't get that. Passion is a huge part of his singing. I'm not going to say anything else here, because I'm pretty upset about this comment.

Here's the link for the full article: AB Article (http://www.livedaily.com/news/6843.html?t=98)
Wow thanks for posting that I agree that was a low blow. I am really trying to give Mark the benefit of the doubt but I agree with you alot of his comments in the media have been shocking to me. Stapp is all about passion with his lyrics and music. Also I have to say I didn't really like the Rolling Stone article. Maybe its me but Mark sounded very bitter he said no Creed music Creed is over. Ok I can see not playing Creed music for alot reasons and wanting to establish Alterbridge but to me he didn't have to say it so harshly because Creed fans have some much love for them for years its hard for us just to turn off Creed and turn on Alterbridge. I think he has to be careful in his tone the way he speaks or it will backfire. Even if behind the scenes if Stapp is at fault (which I believe it's probably fault on all sides) for the sake of the fans Mark should be more careful. I would love to hear how Stapp will handle the media regarding the break up and Mark's comments.
Just my opinion

Agent D
07-26-2004, 09:29 PM
I think you guys are reading too much into Mark's comments. I don't think it was a blow at Scott, he's just pushing his new band that's all.

WeatheredWoman
07-26-2004, 10:05 PM

Actually this is a part of the Bio of the band at AlterBridge.com...

Shadow
07-26-2004, 10:12 PM
I would love to hear how Stapp will handle the media regarding the break up and Mark's comments.
Just my opinion
With Relearn Love coming out next month, Scott should be out in the media promoting it. I'm sure he will be getting hounded with questions about the break-up since he hasn't said a word. I'm hoping he does the talk show route to promote it so we can hear him sing it live.

The first time I saw it was in that article. It doesn't really matter where it came from, the point is, Mark said it. :)

WeatheredWoman
07-26-2004, 10:25 PM
The first time I saw it was in that article. It doesn't really matter where it came from, the point is, Mark said it. :)

Well you asked "but did anyone else see this comment from him"... so I was actually referring to that when I mentioned the Bio. :) So I already read it quite a while ago... that's all!

Ann Allusion
07-26-2004, 11:57 PM

the bio at the official site for AB is a composite of several interviews and a few article snippets that have been around for a while...added to that the other statistics the writer decided needed to be filled in...

sometimes it's easier for a writer creating "hastey history" on a band or entertainer to "pad" it with words already in print...voila...instant bio...most people don't even notice it's been done..and of those that do...well...only a few will question it.

of course this is just an observation...

shunammite
07-27-2004, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't hold a grudge against Mark for that comment...I don't think he thinks Stapp didn't have passion, lol...but I do sometimes think Stapp sort of planned his passion, choreographed his actions on stage...and that annoyed some people...but to me it was very effective, and the planning was based on what was in his heart...and it wasn't ALL "planned"...

Maybe Myles is more "unplanned"...as people are when they have nothing to lose and everything to gain...I haven't even been able to bring myself to listen to the single...again nothing against the rest of Creed, why should they lay down and die as artists because Stapp is moving in a different direction...

But I have my own personal feelings/grief too....and I just can't face the split version, not yet...

I may buy the cd, I like the song titles...

I hear plenty of artists on the radio singing full tilt boogie..."passion" is easy to simulate really...but one thing about Chicago and Scott...in the final analysis he is no pretender...it is all life or death with him...and so, I'm glad he's alive...I hope he stays alive, as long as he can...and I'd love to hear how he is processing his life experiences, every expression from the gut of another person helps me...as long as they aren't too malicious about it.

WeatheredWoman
07-27-2004, 11:13 AM
the bio at the official site for AB is a composite of several interviews and a few article snippets that have been around for a while...added to that the other statistics the writer decided needed to be filled in...

sometimes it's easier for a writer creating "hastey history" on a band or entertainer to "pad" it with words already in print...voila...instant bio...most people don't even notice it's been done..and of those that do...well...only a few will question it.

In this case it's the other way around... this article was placed on the 26th of July and the Bio is already known for about 2 months now... didn't know that the guys of Alter Bridge did some interviews before the official Creed break-up... :dunno: ...doesn't make sense to me!!!

This writer of this article used some parts of the Bio...

Dogstar
07-27-2004, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't hold a grudge against Mark for that comment...I don't think he thinks Stapp didn't have passion, lol...but I do sometimes think Stapp sort of planned his passion, choreographed his actions on stage...and that annoyed some people...but to me it was very effective, and the planning was based on what was in his heart...and it wasn't ALL "planned"...

Maybe Myles is more "unplanned"...as people are when they have nothing to lose and everything to gain...I haven't even been able to bring myself to listen to the single...again nothing against the rest of Creed, why should they lay down and die as artists because Stapp is moving in a different direction...

:clap:

Bridge of Clay
07-27-2004, 01:04 PM
It's funny Stapp siders blame only Mark, instead of Mark, Flip and Brian.

And Mark siders blame Stapp...

anyway, I don't see Mark bashing Stapp on that lines. He's talking about Myles, not making comparissons. He's saying "Myles has x passion" and not "Myles has x passion and Stapp has x-1 passion".

Robyn, thanks for the article. That would be nice.As I said, in the long term (8 years for example) it's possible. I'm not saying it won't happen, I said I don't see it happening so soon. Let's wait.

Shadow
07-27-2004, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't hold a grudge against Mark for that comment....
I'm not holding a grudge. However, I think Mark needs to be a bit more careful in what he says. He has said a few things, this one of them, that comes across as derogatory against Scott.

Another remark (and I don't remember the exact wording) was when he said Myles was the best singer in world (or something to that effect).

All of a sudden Scott's voice isn't good enough? It wasn't passionate enough? If it wasn't for Scott's voice, there wouldn't have been a Creed. If it wasn't for Scott Stapp we wouldn't have the wonderful songs that were written. Is all that forgotten already?

Shadow
07-27-2004, 01:14 PM
It's funny Stapp siders blame only Mark, instead of Mark, Flip and Brian.

And Mark siders blame Stapp...
Good point Marcos.

Myself, although I defend Scott, I really don't blame either one of them. It takes two to tango. I think Mark and Scott always get lumped together because they were the songwriters (no disrespect to Flip or Brian).

I just don't like reading some of Mark's comments. That's all.

Bridge of Clay
07-27-2004, 03:38 PM
I know what you mean. Mark is very honest, straight-talk. I doubt he meant that so he would hurt Scott. It sounds this way when you first read it, but then you realize he's talking about Myles and AB, no memories back to Creed.

This is a poor example, but it's like when you manage a team and you have a star playing for you. Then you hire someone else, different style and then you say you brought the best player out there to replace him while this is injured. But it doesn't mean (you as a manager) would kick the old player out.

I really hate the fact that MTV removed the parts where Mark said many complimentary things about Stapp on that interview.

Shadow
07-27-2004, 05:00 PM
I know what you mean. Mark is very honest, straight-talk. I doubt he meant that so he would hurt Scott. It sounds this way when you first read it, but then you realize he's talking about Myles and AB, no memories back to Creed.
I also think that Mark is not used to being interviewed in so much detail. That was always Scott's job when it came to Creed. I mean, you never really heard Mark speak that much in interviews. I think the VH1 Opening Night Live program (where they interviewed them each seperately) was the only time I saw Mark talk so much.

I understand he is talking about AB and Myles. However, Scott was his singer for 10 years and when he says "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion" . What does that statement sound like? Have they forgotten Scott's voice?

But - whatever ;) jmo

I'mRational
07-27-2004, 07:33 PM
All of a sudden Scott's voice isn't good enough?
If we consider Mark wanting to make a throwback to 70's rock and metal, then as far as technical ability goes, Scott isn't good enough. Scott isn't good enough for a lot of different types of music, say prog, opera, jazz etc. This isn't to defame Stapp - just pointing out his abilities. When you hear the AB album, you'll tell straight away that Stapp won't be able to sing the way Myles does on the album, and that's the kind of singing Mark is looking for at the moment. Myles singing Creed material would be equally silly - it wouldn't suit his voice too. It all depends on the music - If Mark wanted to make classical music all of a sudden, he'd then get an opera singer.

It wasn't passionate enough?
It was for Creed, but for AB, a different kind of passion is needed.

If it wasn't for Scott's voice, there wouldn't have been a Creed. If it wasn't for Scott Stapp we wouldn't have the wonderful songs that were written. Is all that forgotten already?

That's a non-sequitor. Creed's music will have very little to do with AB, other than a semi-ready made fan base, and financial abilities. Creed's music will not have an effect on AB's music. AB is going in a different direction - a direction that focuses far more on musicianship and technicality.

Ann Allusion
07-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) the bio at the official site for AB is a composite of several interviews and a few article snippets that have been around for a while...added to that the other statistics the writer decided needed to be filled in...

In this case it's the other way around... this article was placed on the 26th of July and the Bio is already known for about 2 months now... didn't know that the guys of Alter Bridge did some interviews before the official Creed break-up... ...doesn't make sense to me!!!

This writer of this article used some parts of the Bio...

in this case yes, the writer possibly borrowed from the bio..or maybe from the same articles that the bio incorporated that were written earlier about Alter Bridge...all that information in the bio has been printed up in other articles written before the bio was posted at the official site.

so either way...writers are recycling information and each time it's recycled...it seems to change one way or another from it's origional form...

Shadow
07-27-2004, 09:26 PM
writers are recycling information and each time it's recycled...it seems to change one way or another from it's origional form...
It's like playing telephone. :D

WeatheredWoman
07-27-2004, 10:09 PM
in this case yes, the writer possibly borrowed from the bio..or maybe from the same articles that the bio incorporated that were written earlier about Alter Bridge...all that information in the bio has been printed up in other articles written before the bio was posted at the official site.

Well now it's obviously clear that you haven't read the article that I'm talking about. Are we talking about the same article? LOL!...

The writer states: The Mayfield Four opened for Creed on its 1998 tour, and Kennedy made an impression on his future bandmates at that time, according to Alter Bridge's label biography.

But if you are still so sure of the "other " articles... I'm very anxious what articles that may be?? Prior to the 4th of June. The only "article" I can think of is the MTV-interview about the break-up maybe???

If anyone knows more about it, I like to know! :D Clear me up, please!

Bridge of Clay
07-28-2004, 09:50 AM
"We called him and asked him to lay down vocals on a couple of tracks we were working on," Tremonti said. "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion--as soon as we heard what he did we knew he was the guy."[/I]

That makes more sense once you got the complete sentence: Among the new vocals they tried/considered, no one could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion.

I hope we all can say "period" now.

TeriB19
07-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Period

WeatheredWoman
07-28-2004, 12:17 PM
P-p-ppp-period!!!! I did it, I did it! LOL!!! ;)

Bridge of Clay
07-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Robyn, you got mail! ;)