Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott Stapp and....Jamie Foxx? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stapp and....Jamie Foxx?

Shadow
07-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Scott Stapp on a Jamie Foxx CD? Just might be.

JAMIE FOXX FIXIN' TO RELEASE SECOND SET: And he says it's gonna be classic.

(Jul. 7, 2004) *It's no secret that actor/comedian Jamie Foxx can "sang." In fact, he was nominated at the BET Awards for Best Collaboration along with Kanye West and Twista for "Slow Jamz."

"We're gonna get back in the lab and come out with something incredible, something that is so great," Foxx told MTV.

The actor, who released his only album, "Peep This" a decade ago, is finalizing the follow-up with Kanye, among many others. While the track list has yet to be decided for the fall release, Foxx has logged studio time with everyone from Snoop Dogg and Tank to Scott Stapp and Slash.

"You never know what might be on it. We might do 46 tracks, 'cause I got friends," Foxx said. "It's gonna be called Ambidextrous, which means I'm goin' in different ways. It's gonna be a grown-up record."

Here's the link
Scott Stapp article (http://www.eurweb.com/articles/headlines/07072004/headlines1526007072004.cfm)

creedsister
07-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Thats Wayyyyyyy Cool :D

Dogstar
07-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Ugh!

Creed_Defaultgirl
07-07-2004, 02:31 PM
To me it sounds like the only thing I would even care about listening to is whatever Scott does..... snoop dog, YUCK! Can't that boy choose an album to sing on that's not going to have any hiphop crap on it, but just good ole rock n roll???

musiclover291
07-07-2004, 03:37 PM
To me it sounds like the only thing I would even care about listening to is whatever Scott does..... snoop dog, YUCK! Can't that boy choose an album to sing on that's not going to have any hiphop crap on it, but just good ole rock n roll???

It's called being an artist and open yourself up to different forms of music. Growing not just getting stuck doing the same thing.

Go Stapp.......

ctfan
07-07-2004, 04:59 PM

I'm sure that Stapp could choose to sing on anything he wishes :D . I agree with musiclover291...Go Stapp.

Jooji_2
07-07-2004, 06:21 PM
This isn't really that much different than Mark Tremonti playing guitar on an album by "Larry the Cable Guy" is it? There are lots of instances of people who write and perform in different genres of music working together. You never know when working with someone new just might turn you on to something new for you within your own brand of music.

Maybe Jamie "sangs" some rock and roll. :D

Ann Allusion
07-07-2004, 06:55 PM
You never know when working with someone new just might turn you on to something new for you within your own brand of music.

Exactly!!...and of course...no one is saying anything about Slash...now that dude is a major shredder..and yet...he's working with Foxx too.. :bigeyes: :laugh:

:jam: Stapp

hayley
07-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Oh for fuck sake, honestly what the heck is wrong with Stapp. :mad: Out of anyone he could choose to make a record with, it's with stupid comedians and stupid rap stars. This makes me angry, Stapp has changed alot, by just choosing to work with rap stars you can tell that his music is going to be different. I don't know what to expect anymore, I love Stapp with all of my heart, but I really don't know what to think of his upcoming music anymore. :dunno:

musiclover291
07-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Oh for fuck sake, honestly what the heck is wrong with Stapp. :mad: Out of anyone he could choose to make a record with, it's with stupid comedians and stupid rap stars. This makes me angry, Stapp has changed alot, by just choosing to work with rap stars you can tell that his music is going to be different. I don't know what to expect anymore, I love Stapp with all of my heart, but I really don't know what to think of his upcoming music anymore. :dunno:

First of all Jamie Foxx is not a stupid rap star or stupid comedian. He is great talent who sings R&B and if you weren't so narrow minded you would know that Fox has a gospel background he started singing in the church so I can see the connection. Unlike you Stapp is trying different forms of music and meeting new people. More power to him. Who knows he maybe working with Latin artists as well which is great because music is for everyone white, black, latin etc.

Higher_Desire
07-07-2004, 08:48 PM
I think it'd be cool if Scott told some jokes on it. Maybe he could get a comedy career going too. And don't diss Snoop. I like him.

H-D :pimp:

Shadow
07-07-2004, 09:22 PM
I think it's cool. I wish there was more information about it. I'd like to know if Scott did some back-up vocals or what.

Hayley, I'm very surprised you feel that way. That's not like you. You usually support Scott. Let's just give it a chance and see what comes out. Although, I am concerned about him working with 7 Aurelius. According to his resume - 7 hasn't worked with rock singers. But, I have to put my faith in Scott that he'll come out with music that I love. Just like he did with Creed.

aussiecreeder
07-07-2004, 09:58 PM
so can jamie fox really sing? what was his first album like? stapp and slash on there has my interest for sure but i'm not sure what to make of it. well its got stapp and slash it can't be that bad right?

Bridge of Clay
07-07-2004, 10:01 PM
That might come out really interesting. If throws some jokes at it people will know a side of him that they're not used to. As long it's not low jokes, it will be good for him.

But Hayley has a point. It seems Stapp is haging out with the wrong crowd latelly! Like I said, it seems. I'm not trying to judge anyone here.

hayley
07-07-2004, 10:02 PM
First of all Jamie Foxx is not a stupid rap star or stupid comedian.
We all have different opinions, thanks very much.

He is great talent who sings R&B and if you weren't so narrow minded
I'm not narrow minded. Sorry for speaking my opinion, geesh.

Hayley, I'm very surprised you feel that way. That's not like you. You usually support Scott.
I know. I still do support him, but I am just unhappy right now about the choises that he has made so far. I am still going to support him, and I will still buy his album, right now I am just unsure about what it will sound like, seeing as who he is working with. I'm just unsure, that's all I can say.

But, I have to put my faith in Scott that he'll come out with music that I love. Just like he did with Creed.
I'm hoping he will. I will give this a chance, I do still believe in Scott, and I will support him with whatever he does, but if I don't like the music he comes out with, then I can't help the way I feel. Rock music is my soul, it is who I am, all I listen too. I will give him a chance, though.

Shadow
07-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Rock music is my soul, it is who I am, all I listen too.
Me too Hayley. That's why I am concerned about this 7 Aurelius connection. But remember Scott did say on Craig Kilborn that he is not a rapper.

If throws some jokes at it people will know a side of him that they're not used to. As long it's not low jokes, it will be good for him.
Marcos, I get the impression that this is a musical CD, not a comedy CD. I tried to find some more information out about it, but I haven't had any luck yet.

musiclover291
07-07-2004, 10:29 PM
That might come out really interesting. If throws some jokes at it people will know a side of him that they're not used to. As long it's not low jokes, it will be good for him.

But Hayley has a point. It seems Stapp is haging out with the wrong crowd latelly! Like I said, it seems. I'm not trying to judge anyone here.

What is the wrong crowd rappers vs. rockers. What's the difference?

Both have negative and postive influences.

musiclover291
07-07-2004, 10:33 PM
We all have different opinions, thanks very much.

I'm not narrow minded. Sorry for speaking my opinion, geesh.

I know. I still do support him, but I am just unhappy right now about the choises that he has made so far. I am still going to support him, and I will still buy his album, right now I am just unsure about what it will sound like, seeing as who he is working with. I'm just unsure, that's all I can say.

I'm hoping he will. I will give this a chance, I do still believe in Scott, and I will support him with whatever he does, but if I don't like the music he comes out with, then I can't help the way I feel. Rock music is my soul, it is who I am, all I listen too. I will give him a chance, though.

I respect that rock music is your soul maybe Scott will open the doors for some of his rock fans to learn to love R&B and rap.

hayley
07-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Me too Hayley. That's why I am concerned about this 7 Aurelius connection. But remember Scott did say on Craig Kilborn that he is not a rapper.
Yes, you have a point there. I really hope he doesn't turn to that side though. I do respect the fact that everyone loves different kinds of music, but I am just passionate about the music that I listen to and don't love any other kind.

I respect that rock music is your soul maybe Scott will open the doors for some of his rock fans to learn to love R&B and rap.
Hmm. Interesting. I don't really know what to say, because I dislike R&B and rap, and all the music in between. It just doesn't appeal to me. It would be really, really strange to see Stapp out there in the rap industry, and I don't know if I could turn to that side of music just because Stapp is a lyrical genious, as I hate rap music. And also I think Stapps lyrics will change if he is going to be working with a rap producer, and rap artists. :(

musiclover291
07-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Yes, you have a point there. I really hope he doesn't turn to that side though. I do respect the fact that everyone loves different kinds of music, but I am just passionate about the music that I listen to and don't love any other kind.

Hmm. Interesting. I don't really know what to say, because I dislike R&B and rap, and all the music in between. It just doesn't appeal to me. It would be really, really strange to see Stapp out there in the rap industry, and I don't know if I could turn to that side of music just because Stapp is a lyrical genious, as I hate rap music. And also I think Stapps lyrics will change if he is going to be working with a rap producer, and rap artists. :(

I understand I love all music but rock is also my soul. But I am trying to remain open until I hear Stapp's project before passing any judgement. I guess I have a little more faith in this project because I have heard some rock, r&b and rap collaborations that have been great.

hayley
07-07-2004, 11:41 PM
And I guess the reason I think so differently is because I don't like any rap and R&B music. So for Stapp to become involved in both of these, it feels weird and I didn't see it coming, which is why I am not open to it at all. But, like I keep on saying, I do believe in Stapp and hope that he will keep to rock.

Dogstar
07-08-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm with Hayley on this one. I'm not really happy with the direction he's going in. If he goes all Miami Sound Machine on us, I won't be buying that album. And I love the man's voice, don't get me wrong. But I'm not really and R&B girl or a Snoop Dogg kind of fan.

hayley
07-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Yeah, and it's hard because when rock music is such a big part of your life, you can't just turn head to a whole different kind of music, because of one man. Stapp is amazing, a very talented song writer, but the music plays a big part in the making of a band, obviously. It's hard because I love Stapp, but I hate rap music.

Ann Allusion
07-08-2004, 01:18 AM
After reading this thread thru...that's i guess where i differ from a lot of you...i love music...all music...even have gotten into a bit of rap...not a lot, 'cause it has to grow on ya...but rap is very poetic if you listen to it close enough...

everyone has their prefered tastes in music...but as i see it's like jumping into cold water...until you try it, you don't know how refreshing it can be...

And that is what i think about all the stuff we keep hearing stapp is doing...it will be refreshing...a breath of fresh air...everyone will see just how much talent this man does have...that he can wear many caps and they will all look good on him...;)

~peace

hayley
07-08-2004, 01:33 AM
but rap is very poetic if you listen to it close enough...
That's what I can't see. I can't see any art, and content to rap. My brother forced me to listen to an Eminem song one day, I did, and I just can't see any potential to it. There is just nothing there, where as with rock, it just fills my soul with an emotion that I can't explain.

that he can wear many caps and they will all look good on him...;)
Seriously, can you see Stapp rapping? Or mixing rap with rock? :eek:

Dogstar
07-08-2004, 01:57 AM
Not everyone shares the same tastes in music. I for one am not a big rap fan, at least not what I have heard. The closest I come to it is Rage Against the Machine, and it's the music (mainly Tom Morello's guitar playing) and the beat that got me into them. And R&B (at least the current scene) just doesn't move me the way rock or other genres of music do. I love jazz, classical, blues and even some pop, but today's R&B scene does nothing for me.

aussiecreeder
07-08-2004, 02:50 AM
some older rap is okay like the beastie boys (who are still cool) and old r and b like marvin gaye and stevie wonder. current day stuff at least in the mainstream is terrible though, although eminiem is probably a diamond amongst the rough.

Dogstar
07-08-2004, 03:32 AM
some older rap is okay like the beastie boys (who are still cool) and old r and b like marvin gaye and stevie wonder. current day stuff at least in the mainstream is terrible though, although eminiem is probably a diamond amongst the rough.
Agreed. I forgot about the Beastie Boys. I like them, their older stuff, anyway.

SandMan
07-08-2004, 07:28 AM
Love that guy. And I like a mix of metal and rap, gets my heart pumping.

listen to "Fuel" by Metallica and then "No Scrubs" by TLC or Nelly "Air Force One", and a little country in the middle "A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE" by Hank Williams Jr.

You know, keeps me well balanced and opens the mind.

Shadow
07-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Let me clear something up here. Scott has said himself he will not be rapping. He said he is a rock singer. So let's not jump to conclusions just because he is not working with your typical "rock people".

And as far as rap goes. I am soooo not a fan. But, I do like Linkin Park alot and they do their own type of "rapping" which is really cool.

SandMan
07-08-2004, 07:35 AM
I like Linkin Park too, it's a great combination of sounds.

johellion
07-08-2004, 12:05 PM
I am sure Stapp isn't going to be rapping.. These rap/ R &B singers, maybe trying something new themselves. Everyone may be totally surprized...I may very well be some good stuff!!!

Bridge of Clay
07-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Let me clear something up here. Scott has said himself he will not be rapping. He said he is a rock singer. So let's not jump to conclusions just because he is not working with your typical "rock people".

He also said Creed wouldn't break up during the same interview... :D

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

musiclover291
07-08-2004, 01:55 PM
I must add I do remeber back right after the Weather tour ended him and Kiki were intereviewed at a Golden Globe award party and he said that he wanted to take a year off travel spend time with his family and he was interested in acting and trying different kinds of music and he talked about hip hop and the interviewer thought he was kidding and so did I and he said that he was working on some things. So I guess he was not kidding.

Jooji_2
07-08-2004, 04:21 PM

Ever thought that at the time there had been no decision about Creed's fate, so he didn't know what the deal was? That interview was done in February. :D

Jooji_2
07-08-2004, 04:30 PM

And as far as rap goes. I am soooo not a fan. But, I do like Linkin Park alot and they do their own type of "rapping" which is really cool.

Good Point......Ya know....Loretta Lynn recorded an album produced by Jack White of the White Stripes......and her style of music didn't change....talk about a strange combination. Ever thought that maybe producers enjoy working with people who do other types of music....that it gives them a break from their usual?

Stapp's music isn't gonna be rap......I'm sure it will be different....but it won't be rap.

ctfan
07-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Good Point......Ya know....Loretta Lynn recorded an album produced by Jack White of the White Stripes......and her style of music didn't change....talk about a strange combination. Ever thought that maybe producers enjoy working with people who do other types of music....that it gives them a break from their usual?

Stapp's music isn't gonna be rap......I'm sure it will be different....but it won't be rap.

I agree with you jooji_2, I'm sure that producers like to try different things just as much as the artists themselves do. As far as different artists working together....what could be more diverse than Kid Rock and Hank Williams Jr :D

Anyway...I think Stapp's cd is gonna be great, and something very different too.

ctfan
07-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Oh, and did you know that Jack White is in Loretta's new vid? Yea, he plays the guitar. Loretta herself even said that she was surprised at how country it really sounded. So just because an artists in one genre moves into another, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing :) .

Dogstar
07-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Oh, and did you know that Jack White is in Loretta's new vid? Yea, he plays the guitar. Loretta herself even said that she was surprised at how country it really sounded. So just because an artists in one genre moves into another, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing :) .
That maybe true, but if I don't particularly care for the genre, I don't know if I want to spend my money on it.

musiclover291
07-08-2004, 05:31 PM
I agree with you jooji_2, I'm sure that producers like to try different things just as much as the artists themselves do. As far as different artists working together....what could be more diverse than Kid Rock and Hank Williams Jr :D

Anyway...I think Stapp's cd is gonna be great, and something very different too.

Good point I just have this feeling that his project is going to be great. I have respect for the fact he trying something new with new people.

Shadow
07-08-2004, 07:50 PM

Marcos - I'm shaking my finger at you :nono: - shame on you :D .

Here I go again - in Scott's defense - I'm pretty sure the absolute final decision to end Creed was made AFTER that interview. That's not to say there wasn't "trouble in paradise" before then, because there was.

aussiecreeder
07-08-2004, 09:35 PM

Here I go again - in Scott's defense - I'm pretty sure the absolute final decision to end Creed was made AFTER that interview. That's not to say there wasn't "trouble in paradise" before then, because there was.

i think it was a bit of pr job but he wasen't necessarily lying. we do know the band tried one more time to get the album off the ground in feb but it was basically over by that point. he was showing the best possible picture but it was PR IMO.

stapp's stuff is really intriguing me, whereas i know basically what alter bridge is going to be like give or take. stapp really could go anywhere with his and it will either be great or it will be a major flop. how much of an influence has 7 Aurelius had and how much of the music has being written by the tea party if at all. what lyrical direction has he taken? is he going to have a bunch of girls in the back of a truck and have nelly in the video? these are the questions without answers. ;)

Shadow
07-08-2004, 10:08 PM
is he going to have a bunch of girls in the back of a truck and have nelly in the video?

:lolsign: I certainly hope not!

I think there is a lot of unncessary worrying here. Let's just keep an open mind and give whatever Scott has in store for us a chance. The same way most of us are going to give AB's CD a chance.

aussiecreeder
07-08-2004, 10:51 PM
:lolsign: I certainly hope not!

I think there is a lot of unncessary worrying here. Let's just keep an open mind and give whatever Scott has in store for us a chance. The same way most of us are going to give AB's CD a chance.

yeah we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

its getting hot in here and i want to take off all of my clothes.... :D

Ann Allusion
07-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Origionally posted by CTfan:

Oh, and did you know that Jack White is in Loretta's new vid? Yea, he plays the guitar. Loretta herself even said that she was surprised at how country it really sounded. So just because an artists in one genre moves into another, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing.

Dogstars reply:

That maybe true, but if I don't particularly care for the genre, I don't know if I want to spend my money on it.

Once again, music is a personal taste...so if you don't think you would want to spend your money on it, then that is your choice...

same as if AB continues on the way they appear to be doing..and their music/lyrics continue not to move me, i won't be spending my money on their album.

creedsister
07-09-2004, 12:11 AM
yeah we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

its getting hot in here and i want to take off all of my clothes.... :D Go Righttttttttttt Ahead!!!!!! ;)

aussiecreeder
07-09-2004, 01:13 AM
Go Righttttttttttt Ahead!!!!!! ;)

okay.... :D

ctfan
07-09-2004, 01:23 AM
Good point I just have this feeling that his project is going to be great. I have respect for the fact he trying something new with new people.

Right, he's trying something different...with different people. I realize this isn't a Jamie Foxx message board or Slash :) We all know what kind of music Slash is famous for, and Foxx has put out on cd already (I think it's been several years ago though)....so maybe ALL of them wanted to work and get different input.

Maybe Foxx wanted to see what Stapp and Slash had to offer...and vice versa :D. Well, anyway...I think it's great.

aussiecreeder
07-09-2004, 02:26 AM
Right, he's trying something different...with different people. I realize this isn't a Jamie Foxx message board or Slash :) We all know what kind of music Slash is famous for, and Foxx has put out on cd already (I think it's been several years ago though)....so maybe ALL of them wanted to work and get different input.

Maybe Foxx wanted to see what Stapp and Slash had to offer...and vice versa :D. Well, anyway...I think it's great.

i'm sure he has a fair idea what stapp and slash have to offer. has to be good for sales having those names involved, who would care otherwise?

Bridge of Clay
07-09-2004, 01:01 PM

They knew it was over. Everybody here knew it since November. And if you look to Stapp's body language, you can tell he (white) lied. Look how he stares up and left. That's when you lie.

BUT, in Stapp's deffense, I can't nor will blame him. It was just a PR job. At the time of the interview, the break-up couldn't be revealed. So he was right to keep the official word: extended break.

I dunno why they took so much time to announce it, though.

Robyn, I was just teasin' you! :D

musiclover291
07-09-2004, 01:46 PM
They knew it was over. Everybody here knew it since November. And if you look to Stapp's body language, you can tell he (white) lied. Look how he stares up and left. That's when you lie.

BUT, in Stapp's deffense, I can't nor will blame him. It was just a PR job. At the time of the interview, the break-up couldn't be revealed. So he was right to keep the official word: extended break.

I dunno why they took so much time to announce it, though.

I am still confused about that because in the Mtv interview Mark said they didn't decide to break up until he starting working with Myles and like the vibe and it had been 4 months since the break up so if they revealed it June 4th it was in late February early March they actually broke up and then it seems that Stapp wanted a break to pursue his solo career and acting and Flip and Mark approached him about breaking up completely. So in Stapp's defense he may have been telling the truth. Although, I agree he was putting a PR spin on things which was smart I think his approach was better because it gives the members a chance to pursue their careers without in negative feedback from the press or fans. I know some people are not going to like what I'm saying and I love all the members of Creed but Mark and Flip approach by airing Stapp's dirty laundry on Mtv and Michael getting on the boards revealing things that we did not need to know has put a rift in fans because when I visit the boards alot of fans either blame Stapp or Mark for the break up and I think that this hurts all the members at the end. Also I notice later in some interviews that Mark and Flip tried to back down and say it was not Stapp fault for the break up but the damage has already has been done. It is really very interesting to see how it will all play out at the end.

Shadow
07-09-2004, 04:05 PM
I know! :kiss: I didn't take it any other way.

Everyone knew what was going on. But I just don't think it was 100% yet. Scott was very nervous on Craig Kilborn, his hands were shaking. He knew he was going to get asked about Creed.

Sheila63
07-09-2004, 04:06 PM

I'm with ya, Robyn. And even if he did know, and notice I said IF, can you imagine if he came out on national televsion and said they were broken up!! Besides all of that, there were probably legal reasons why he couldn't say anything. Just my :2cents:

As for Scott and Jamie Foxx, I believe it when Scott said he isn't a rapper. I think it's great that he working with different people and I'm anxious to hear his new songs on The Passion cd as well as his solo cd.

Marcos, you're such a kidder. ;)

revisfoot
07-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Actually, I'm kind of anticipating Stapp's solo album because of the sound he's trying to project. I mean, he's trying to mix his influences -- Zepplin, The Doors, U2 -- with a new type of sound. Something that rocks your fists and thumps your speakers. It will be interesting. And, with The Tea Party playing the instruments, now THAT will be a thing to behold. I mean, Jeff Martin is a force to be reckoned with!!

Go Stapp!
Go Tea Party!

Bridge of Clay
07-09-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm with ya, Robyn. And even if he did know, and notice I said IF, can you imagine if he came out on national televsion and said they were broken up!!!

Now that would be funny!!! He'd steal Mark's thunder!!! LOL!

Shadow
07-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Actually, I'm kind of anticipating Stapp's solo album because of the sound he's trying to project. I mean, he's trying to mix his influences -- Zepplin, The Doors, U2 -- with a new type of sound. Something that rocks your fists and thumps your speakers. It will be interesting. And, with The Tea Party playing the instruments, now THAT will be a thing to behold. I mean, Jeff Martin is a force to be reckoned with!!

Go Stapp!
Go Tea Party!
Don't get Scott's collaboration with The Tea Party mixed up with his solo effort. If I remember correctly, The Tea Party worked with Scott only on his contribution (Relearn Love) to the Passion of the Christ CD due out in August. Scott's Zep/Doors mix is referring to his solo effort due out on a date still TBD.

aussiecreeder
07-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Don't get Scott's collaboration with The Tea Party mixed up with his solo effort. If I remember correctly, The Tea Party worked with Scott only on his contribution (Relearn Love) to the Passion of the Christ CD due out in August. Scott's Zep/Doors mix is referring to his solo effort due out on a date still TBD.

i'm really confused here as to what songs the tea party are involved in and to what extent such as has scott wrote the music.

Shadow
07-10-2004, 12:30 AM
i'm really confused here as to what songs the tea party are involved in and to what extent such as has scott wrote the music.
Don't be confused :)

As of right now, The Tea Party worked with Scott on his Relearn Love song, which will be the first single off the Passion of the Christ CD. They were in the recording studio with Scott. So, I'm assuming that means they played on the song, as well as probably doing back-up vocals.

Any further collaboration was depending on The Tea Party's touring schedule.

Creed_Defaultgirl
07-10-2004, 12:32 AM
At the beginning of the thread, I got the vibe that people thought I wasn't supporting Scott. I want you all to know, I support Scott, and I trust that he'll make the right decisions, but I don't like rap. I KNOW (K-N-O-W) that he will not rap, so please don't try to tell me that, BUT here's my problem..........I wan't to have everything Scott does, because I love his voice....but if it's going to have a bunch of rap/hiphop and junk like that on the rest of the album, I don't really want to spend the money on something that won't be very long in Scott's case, plus stuff other than Scott's stuff I probably won't care for. That's the reason I said I wished he would just get on an album with just good ole rock n roll, that way I'd be happy with all of it, rather than a few songs. Plus it doesn't help that I'm not a person of change. Call me dull, but if it's possible, I don't want to venture too far into the ocean, I'd rather sit on my island.
But Go for it Scott, just make it good!

revisfoot
07-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Oh...

So, The Tea Party won't be on Stapp's solo record? Man...

BTW...have any of you listened to the Tea Party? These guys are awesome!! Check out "Walking Wounded" or "Heaven Coming Down" by these guys!

Also -- Creed_DefaultGirl,

I understand what you're saying! I'd prefer to stay on my little island as well. I'm not big on a whole lot of the commercial music out there, and so I only listen to the things I like...which DO vary in sound...but anyways, girl, I'm with you!!

aussiecreeder
07-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Don't be confused :)

As of right now, The Tea Party worked with Scott on his Relearn Love song, which will be the first single off the Passion of the Christ CD. They were in the recording studio with Scott. So, I'm assuming that means they played on the song, as well as probably doing back-up vocals.

Any further collaboration was depending on The Tea Party's touring schedule.

ummm i'm not so sure as i got this from chart attack in canada (start of the article as the rest is irrevelant here).

After nearly 10 years together, Creed is no more. But Scott Stapp has vowed to go on, with The Tea Party standing behind him.

Stapp has gone back into the studio and is currently working on a solo album with hip-hop producer 7 Aurelius and his new backing band, The Tea Party. Yes, our Tea Party — Stapp and Jeff Martin are at last working as one. Before we see that gem, Stapp will provide a track on an album filled with songs inspired by The Passion Of The Christ, due out August 31.

this seems to point to them being the backing band for the entire album but perhaps that is not the case. i would like them to be the backing band for the entire album. he is going to need a backing band anyway and it may as well be a talented band such as them, plus martin's backing vocals will be very good.

Shadow
07-10-2004, 08:48 AM
When is that article from? According to an article in June, the information differed. Here is just a portion of the article.

The Windsor Star

Thursday, June 17, 2004

The Tea Party are in it for the long haul. At least that's the take of drummer Jeff Burrows. When everyone else is mum about the LaSalle band's plans, you can usually rely on Burrows to tell it like it is.

"I want to scotch the rumours about us breaking up right here and now," Burrows said this week.

The band's demise is just one of several scenarios suggested by recent developments, including a highly publicized recording session with former Creed frontman Scott Stapp.

A single, Relearn Love, under Stapp's name, was scheduled to be released this week as part of a compilation album inspired by the film The Passion of the Christ. Burrows said a second recording with Stapp was also in the plans, to be recorded in Miami, but nothing firm had been decided beyond that.

FRIENDS

"We're friends with Scott Stapp," Burrows said. "This was a chance to make a record with someone of his stature."

An wire story about the breakup of Creed stated Stapp would make a solo album with The Tea Party. That led to speculation Stapp and The Tea Party would team up under a different name.

But Burrows denied the rumour, saying future work with Stapp will depend on his being available and The Tea Party's own promotional plans for their seventh studio album, The Seven Circles, due later this summer.

aussiecreeder
07-10-2004, 11:08 AM
umm that is a little confusing, the chart attack article is from june the 4th. so what happened to it being released last month (his song)? if the tea party are not going to be his backing band for the rest of the album who is? a relatively unknown band?

ctfan
07-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Also I notice later in some interviews that Mark and Flip tried to back down and say it was not Stapp fault for the break up but the damage has already has been done. It is really very interesting to see how it will all play out at the end.

I agree, and I can't speak for everyone, but I know for me...but that's one thing that turned me off about Alter Bridge.

Ann Allusion
07-10-2004, 12:21 PM
if the tea party are not going to be his backing band for the rest of the album who is? a relatively unknown band?

whoever the backing band is, as long as they are good...i don't think it would matter if they were known or unknown...as long as they can fit with what stapp is trying to express with his music...it's going to be :smokin:

Shadow
07-10-2004, 02:01 PM
umm that is a little confusing, the chart attack article is from june the 4th. so what happened to it being released last month (his song)? if the tea party are not going to be his backing band for the rest of the album who is? a relatively unknown band?
I knew that was an error - about Scotts song being released. I sent the editor of the paper an email inquiring about that information and I never got a response.

That information was from a Canadian newspaper.

Bridge of Clay
07-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Relearn Love is due August.

They're still picking the tracks. Stapp has the first single.

aussiecreeder
07-11-2004, 01:30 AM
Relearn Love is due August.

They're still picking the tracks. Stapp has the first single.

i guess we'll be able to hear the song by early august...can't wait i am very intrigued. does anyone know if this song will also be on his album or just the soundtrack?

hayley
07-11-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm very intruged also, I am looking forward to it and am very curious. Anyone know if there has been an exact date set?

aussiecreeder
07-11-2004, 02:10 AM
I'm very intruged also, I am looking forward to it and am very curious. Anyone know if there has been an exact date set?

you mean the album? august 31st...as for his single i have no idea but i guess early august.

hayley
07-11-2004, 02:43 AM
Okay, thanks.

Wait, wait wait. This is kinda confusing. Stapp is going to be featured in the Passion of the Christ album, yes? Then he is doing an album with The Tea Party? Is that right? I need to read more on Stapp news, lol.

aussiecreeder
07-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Okay, thanks.

Wait, wait wait. This is kinda confusing. Stapp is going to be featured in the Passion of the Christ album, yes? Then he is doing an album with The Tea Party? Is that right? I need to read more on Stapp news, lol.

i think now that the tea party are involved in "to relearn love" but its not clear whether they were going to be with the remainder of his solo work.

Shadow
07-11-2004, 08:56 AM
Okay, thanks.

Hayley, Scott's song Relearn Love was recorded with the Tea Party. As far as we know, that's the only collobration between them (Scott and TP). If you look in a previous post in this thread, I included part of an article regarding this information :)

i guess we'll be able to hear the song by early august...can't wait i am very intrigued. does anyone know if this song will also be on his album or just the soundtrack?

If I remember correctly, Scott wrote between 4 and 6 songs for the POC. Relearn Love will probably only be on the POC and not on his solo CD. Some of his other songs might end up on the POC as well.

WeatheredWoman
07-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Can't wait to see Scott's site up... I hardly can't wait any longer... I'm getting so darn anxious to hear him sing again! It's taken so long!

Sheila63
07-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Can't wait to see Scott's site up... I hardly can't wait any longer... I'm getting so darn anxious to hear him sing again!

I'm with you, Stef, I can't wait to hear Relearn Love next month!!! :jam:

hayley
07-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Hayley, Scott's song Relearn Love was recorded with the Tea Party. As far as we know, that's the only collobration between them (Scott and TP). If you look in a previous post in this thread, I included part of an article regarding this information :)
Oh, I see. Thank you. And thanks, handmedown. :D