Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Rolling Stone article about break-up [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stone article about break-up

Shadow
06-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Here is the article that Rolling Stone had about the break-up. I thought that RS would have had a larger article and was looking forward to receiving the issue. (It's in the issue dated July 8-22)

Creed Call It Quits

After almost ten years and more than 30 milion albums sold, Creed have broken up. "The reasons weren't musical, they were personal," says guitartist Mark Tremonti. "My relationship with Scott [Stapp] wasn't comfortable anymore. When we finally got together to play, nothing was happening. Scott would just sit there and not interact." Stapp, who declined to comment, is working on a solo album, and Tremointi has formed a new band, Alter Bridge, with Creed's two other original members. Says Tremonti, "This is the band that we plan to retire with."

Ann Allusion
06-28-2004, 03:28 PM
quite low key compaired to everything else that was put out there...

interesting quote:

Says Tremonti, "This is the band that we plan to retire with"

brings back a lot of similar quotes i've read over the years...'nuff said.

thanks for posting the article...

DISCLAIMER: This is nothing more than MY OPINION

~Ann~

OneOmerta
06-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Creed Call It Quits

"The reasons weren't musical, they were personal," says guitartist Mark Termonti. "My relationship with Scott [Stapp] wasn't comfortable anymore. When we finally got together to play, nothing was happening. Scott would just sit there and not interact." Stapp, who declined to comment, is working on a solo album, and Tremointi has formed a new band, Alter Bridge, with Creed's two other original members. Says Tremonti, "This is the band that we plan to retire with."

thanks for posting this Shadow :)

Interesting....can't help but notice that finger again....

"scott would just sit there, scott wouldn't interact, scott spent too much time on the phone, scott didn't want to go the same route as we did musically, scott didn't want to tour as much as the rest of us, scott eats cheesecake and likes leather pants, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott..............

eta...my disclaimer also...

disclaimer....this too is only my opinion on what I see when I read any interviews done by Mark and AB. And please...don't try to change my opinion...it's mine and it's not going away LOL!

musiclover291
06-28-2004, 03:55 PM

"scott would just sit there, scott wouldn't interact, scott spent too much time on the phone, scott didn't want to go the same route as we did musically, scott didn't want to tour as much as the rest of us, scott eats cheesecake and likes leather pants, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott..............

disclaimer....this too is only my opinion on what I see when I read any interviews done by Mark and AB. And please...don't try to change my opinion...it's mine and it's not going away LOL!
I agree I think that it is smart that Scott remains silent about the break up right know because this is getting really low down and messy those of us who were loyal fans of Creed do not need to know all of this personal information, its not our business.

TeriB19
06-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Well at least they spelled Mark's last name right once.

Dogstar
06-28-2004, 05:33 PM

[/B]

You know, you might consider that Scott just wanted to move on. Maybe he felt he accomplished all he could do with Creed, maybe he had personal issues, whatever. I don't see this so much as Mark pointing a finger. I think, regardless of his motives or his spin, that he was just trying to explain what the deal was. It happens to a lot of bands. They can grow apart, musically and personally. Their lives change, they have other goals or desires, or they get sucked into the whole substance abuse cycle (I'm NOT making any inference here whatsoever; I'm talking generalities).

Ann Allusion
06-28-2004, 05:53 PM
You know, you might consider that Scott just wanted to move on

ya know, dogstar, that might be exactly what happend..if this was so...well good for stapp, he knows what's best for him. I bet when he does start to push his project, that he will focus on what he is doing now...not what/who/why Creed disbanded.

unfortunately, all the references to him by his former band mate/friend make it look like finger pointing whether that is his intention or not...as was stated...that "stuff" (whatever personality clashes, or personal issues he had) is not the business of the general public, nor the fans...period.

They should have focused on AB and their plans for this band from the very first interview...

Jooji_2
06-28-2004, 06:32 PM
"This is the band that we plan to retire with."

Hope that statement doesn't come back to haunt them someday.

Why can't they just say.....things didn't click, we wanted different things, we wanted to go in different directions. It appears that all of those statements are basically true. They continue to point their finger in Stapp's direction. HE DID IT....IT'S ALL HIS FAULT! For every person who thinks they are being honest to a fault with their fans...there are others that think they are being A-class jerks. There were once pals....even if they think Stapp wasn't as committed as they were....why can't they just support the guy and hope that he does well and is happy in whatever he chooses to do.....I would guess that Stapp would do the same....

DISCLAIMER: This is MY opinion, and is not expected to be shared here....it is ONLY my opinion and should be taken as no more than that.

TeriB19
06-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Going out on a limb here, but IMO, Stapp must be loving this. Here are many of the fans of Creed now seeming to take sides, and the more interviews that the media do with AB, and the more the fans pick apart each and every comment, the more the fans who liked Scott more than the rest can say it was everyone else's fault and Scott was dissed. And the less Scott says on his behalf, the more it makes Mark and Flip look like the bad guys. I am one who is not taking sides, so no one better give me any crap :D but I have to laugh at those who are picking apart everything that ever came out of Mark's mouth or Scott's mouth to see how what they said back then predicted their future. I think, at this point, Scott's keeping quiet for a very good reason. Again, just my :2cents:.

Steve
06-28-2004, 06:37 PM
How does the statement "This is the band we plan to retire with" make Mark point his finger at Stapp? I'm really confused here?

Jooji_2
06-28-2004, 06:44 PM
How does the statement "This is the band we plan to retire with" make Mark point his finger at Stapp? I'm really confused here?

Trying to make two points there Steve. After the line "I hope this statement doesn't come back to haunt them"... I was simply commenting on how what they are saying comes across. They are free to say whatever they want in whatever manner they wish......but some people just don't think they are being very classy in the way they are treating somebody they spent 8 years of their life with....and used to call a friend.

DISCLAIMER: This is just MY opinion and nothing else. No one is expected to share that opinion.

Dogstar
06-28-2004, 06:49 PM
unfortunately, all the references to him by his former band mate/friend make it look like finger pointing whether that is his intention or not...as was stated...that "stuff" (whatever personality clashes, or personal issues he had) is not the business of the general public, nor the fans...period.

They should have focused on AB and their plans for this band from the very first interview...

Well, it think it was natural for people, fans and the media, to ask why the breakup happened, given that it was announced (by design or whatever) so close to the news of the new band. Had this been announced months earlier and dissected and digested, there would be much more talk about AB's plans. But it didn't happen that way.

TeriB19
06-28-2004, 06:50 PM
There are always two sides to every story, and as long as Stapp remains quiet with his version of events, everyone is just going to assume things. And we all know what happens when people assume, right??? We should just stop with the assumptions that Mark and Flip turned their back on Scott, or that Scott turned his back on Mark and Flip. I don't believe any of us will EVER know exactly what happened, nor should we. It's none of our business really and if you don't want to listen to AB because you feel Scott was disrespected, then don't. If you don't want to listen to Scott because you feel he was disrespectful to Mark and Flip, don't. But all these assumptions are making people look like asses.

Ann Allusion
06-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Going out on a limb here, but IMO, Stapp must be loving this.

LOL...have no idea what stapp is thinking about this...but i will say...that there is an old saying "Give 'em enough rope and they will hang themselves"...so why should he say anything...seems they are doing quite well on their own...

"This is the band we plan to retire with"

i believe the "finger pointing comments" were made in reguards to the main body of the post, and yes, they were there albeit a bit more subtle...this particular quote is not about finger pointing, as much as it is about deja vu... it is very similar to some of the comments made in many early Creed interviews...about how they would be together 20 years from their conception...etc....there are many parallels...

what remains to be seen is down the road...when they are playing the arena shows again...and i have a feeling that won't be too far off, despite the claim of playing small clubs...too many left over Creed fans to do that...just how things work out...touring continousley and the unexpected parts of life begin to sneak in and responsibilities need to be faced...wonder if they will remember the last time it happend?

Musicians need to pace themselves like marathon runners...too many find out too late that they should be careful for what they wish for...;)

DISCLAIMER: my opinion..like it or not...at least it's mine...

Bridge of Clay
06-28-2004, 07:01 PM
of course they want to retire with... who's the musician that likes to fail and keep moving bands? do you think Billy Corgan is happy that his 3 last bands didn't happen?

When they were with Creed, Mark, Stapp and Flip made comments that they wanted to play in Creed until they were old and bald...

I don't see any finger pointing too, Steve.

And yet, we have that quote from Stapp during the Sony interview: "The day I think we, as band, can't grow any better, that's when I'll quit!" or something to that extent. I'm not twisting any meaning here... So I'll say "Hey, it was prophetical... Stapp had planned to quit Creed a long time ago!" ??? Hell no... he never implied that. And I'm sorry, but even if I push it really hard, I won't understand that he planned the break-up a long time ago.

And I don't get why a few people don't point their fingers at Flip either. He's part of AB too. Or you think he was brainwashed by evil Mark ?

We should be happy nothing worse happened and we get new material from both sides, no need to take one.

DISCLAIMER: Is this disclaimer thing a PBF thing? My opinion, my opinion, my opinion!!! LOL! sorry, but I really think this disclaimer thing is funny. I hope you don't take it as I'm trying to offend you because I'm really not.

Steve
06-28-2004, 07:34 PM
I think that everyone (and I do mean everyone - not those reading this thread, but all Creed/AB/Stapp fans) needs to take a step back and stop worrying so much about the band members themselves and start looking at what's important - the music. Who cares why Creed broke up or who was at fault? Sure it'd be interesting to know, but in the end, does it really make a difference? If you like the music, are you going to stop listening to the band because a member pointed the finger at another? Because you lose respect for a member? I've lost respect for Scott Weiland (sp?) due to his numerous problems with drugs and the law, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be a fan of his band or his music.

Let's just all let this go. We can talk about it all we want, and I encourage the discussions, however starting arguments over it online isn't going to solve anything.

Shadow
06-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Well at least they spelled Mark's last name right once.
That's my fault Teri, I couldn't find the link. I'm a subscriber of RS and I looked at the website and couldn't find this article. (I type too fast sometimes)

Steve, I apologize, if I knew this was going to start an argument I wouldn't have posted it. It's just been so quiet lately around here that I thought I would share the latest article. You are so right about it being about the music. I still listen to Creed all the time, but it still saddens me to know that there will not be any new Creed music in the near future. We will still have Scott's voice and Alter Bridge, but that Tremonti/Stapp combination was something special.

TeriB19
06-28-2004, 09:59 PM
:paperbag: Ooops, sorry Robyn. I thought it was the RS people, not you.

cjme
06-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Going out on a limb here, but IMO, Stapp must be loving this. Here are many of the fans of Creed now seeming to take sides, and the more interviews that the media do with AB, and the more the fans pick apart each and every comment, the more the fans who liked Scott more than the rest can say it was everyone else's fault and Scott was dissed. And the less Scott says on his behalf, the more it makes Mark and Flip look like the bad guys. I am one who is not taking sides, so no one better give me any crap :D but I have to laugh at those who are picking apart everything that ever came out of Mark's mouth or Scott's mouth to see how what they said back then predicted their future. I think, at this point, Scott's keeping quiet for a very good reason. Again, just my :2cents:.

....and I was just about to give you shit

*backs out quietly before getting her ass kicked :D

TeriB19
06-28-2004, 10:28 PM
....and I was just about to give you shit

*backs out quietly before getting her ass kicked :D
Too late, woman, I see you!! You want a piece of me? Huh? Huh? Do ya? Do ya?

***sorry, I've been watching Finding Nemo waaaaaaayyyy too much. :D

cjme
06-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Ya know Dori....I mean Teri, come get me chicka. Fight of the giants uh? lol ;)

TeriB19
06-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Look Harpo, Elmo, Chico, Bingo, :D

cjme
06-28-2004, 10:54 PM
follow me......hey, why are you following me?

Steve
06-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Steve, I apologize, if I knew this was going to start an argument I wouldn't have posted it.

Not your fault... my comments were made in general. There's lots of other threads that are worse than this one.

Dogstar
06-29-2004, 02:19 AM
I think that everyone (and I do mean everyone - not those reading this thread, but all Creed/AB/Stapp fans) needs to take a step back and stop worrying so much about the band members themselves and start looking at what's important - the music.

Yes!

JenRN
07-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Very good point my friend!!!! :D

ggp2004
07-03-2004, 11:26 AM
I just wanted to say that one of the reasons I joined this board was to get info on what was going on and have other Creed fans to talk to about the breakup. So far, most of what I read is arguing over who's fault it was. I don't care who's fault it was! I LOVE CREED. The important part to me is that my favorite band is gone. Yeah, don't say it, I know there is AB. But to tell the truth I'm not impressed with Myles' voice, its not my thing. I feel like I have a right to be upset and was hoping that I would find some support here but instead its bickering and "get over it". Well, you know what, I'm not over it. Isn't anyone else feeling this way? If you don't, then I'm not talking to you anyway, so please no hateful comments.

Shadow
07-03-2004, 12:20 PM
I just wanted to say that one of the reasons I joined this board was to get info on what was going on and have other Creed fans to talk to about the breakup. So far, most of what I read is arguing over who's fault it was. I don't care who's fault it was! I LOVE CREED. The important part to me is that my favorite band is gone. Yeah, don't say it, I know there is AB. But to tell the truth I'm not impressed with Myles' voice, its not my thing. I feel like I have a right to be upset and was hoping that I would find some support here but instead its bickering and "get over it". Well, you know what, I'm not over it. Isn't anyone else feeling this way? If you don't, then I'm not talking to you anyway, so please no hateful comments.
First off, let me welcome you to the board. I'm sorry if you got that impression about the arguing. I won't tell you to "get over it", I totally understand how you are feeling. Creed is my favorite band too and I am deeply saddened about the break-up. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that one day in the future the guys will reconcile. It took me a long time to accept the fact that they are not together. If everything goes as planned, you will be able to hear Scott's voice on a new song at the end of August.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and if you go back and read the older threads on this subject, you will find that most people aren't taking sides. Most of the Creed fans here are looking forward to both AB and Scott's new music.

ggp2004
07-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the understanding, Shadow. I can't wait to hear Scott's new stuff! He is my favorite singer in the world!!

Jooji_2
07-05-2004, 10:06 AM

I won't tell you to get over it. Truthfully....I would rather have Creed back. Whether that will ever happen...who knows. I would rather they be happy doing something else than miserable otherwise. When all of this talk of a new band came about....I really did wish everyone the best of luck. Maybe I don't feel that way now....but I don't wish bad luck on anyone. But, like you, I'm not exactly wowed by Alter Bridge...and that's made me an outcast a some places that I visit. Telling me I'm stupid if I cant see the genius in it. If I listened to other people's opinions rather than mine about my musical choices.....I would have never listened to Creed.

Just wait it out....there will be other stuff to listen to in August....and then again in....oh....I'm guessing maybe October, November. :D

I'mRational
07-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Well, I feel contrarily to some here. I'm glad they broke up. Stapp held the rest of the guys back musicianship-wise. When the AB album comes out, and we get to hear Tremonti shred some insane solos, and hear Myles peel the paint of walls with his voice, most hard-core creed fans will be saying "creed who?"

Shadow
07-05-2004, 11:37 AM
I'm glad they broke up. Stapp held the rest of the guys back musicianship-wise. When the AB album comes out, and we get to hear Tremonti shred some insane solos, and
:wtf: You are certainly not rational.

hear Myles peel the paint of walls with his voice, most hard-core creed fans will be saying "creed who?"
Don't think that will happen.

Dogstar
07-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Well, I feel contrarily to some here. I'm glad they broke up. Stapp held the rest of the guys back musicianship-wise. When the AB album comes out, and we get to hear Tremonti shred some insane solos, and hear Myles peel the paint of walls with his voice, most hard-core creed fans will be saying "creed who?"
I'm a hard-core Creed fan, but I won't be saying "Creed who?" if AB's music isn't harder than their first single, Open Your Eyes. I like the song OK, but it's not what I was hoping for sound-wise. That being said, I think Myles is awesome and I'm looking forward to the album.

farmgirl
07-05-2004, 12:09 PM

Stapp didn't hold anyone back...I'm so tired of hearing that same old song and dance. I know we've only heard the first song but to me it sounds like Creed with a different singer.

Bridge of Clay
07-05-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm tired of this talking as well...

Truth is Creed became a business where they had to put a hit after another. It stopped being fun. Mark & Flip wanted something different than Stapp. They stopped being friends since they grow apart, with different interests.

Very interesting quote "Lost the faith, lost the love"

Creed is done and is not coming back. Maybe 10 years from now...

Alter Bridge is not Creed. It's a new band, with harder songs and different feelings. They're there just for fun, no pression.

Stapp will follow his disbanded way trying to reinvent rock, as he said. Merging Doors to Zepellin, being a business machine (real state broking, screamline) and spending more time Jagger...

They split ways. So should you. Realize Creed is done.

musiclover291
07-05-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm tired of this talking as well...

Truth is Creed became a business where they had to put a hit after another. It stopped being fun. Mark & Flip wanted something different than Stapp. They stopped being friends since they grow apart, with different interests.

Very interesting quote "Lost the faith, lost the love"

Creed is done and is not coming back. Maybe 10 years from now...

Alter Bridge is not Creed. It's a new band, with harder songs and different feelings. They're there just for fun, no pression.

Stapp will follow his disbanded way trying to reinvent rock, as he said. Merging Doors to Zepellin, being a business machine (real state broking, screamline) and spending more time Jagger...

They split ways. So should you. Realize Creed is done.
Time will only tell. However I think whether Alterbridge or Creed rock bands is a business you have to be admit that. Flip and Mark are in the music business I think Stapp understands that.

Ann Allusion
07-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Creed became a business

And Alter Bridge isn't a business?...BOC...Open Your Eyes...MUSIC is a business when it is your sole support, just like any job is inclined to become "business".... don't want it to be a business?...Just want to keep it personally fulfilling?...just want to have fun all the time?...then the comment Mark made about playing cover songs down in Key West was about as truthful as anything that has been said to date.

when you are required to meet deadlines and do what it takes for you to sell yourself by the record company's rules...and, believe it or not, they will sell you using ANY and whatever means necessary to recoup money from their investments...after all...their musicians owe it to them

Everybody does it...no matter how they try and convince their fans it's all nothing but "fun"...Altho, i believe that there is some "fun" involved, it's some damn hard work, and comes with a lot of headaches too...so as you can see it a business whether it was Creed, Alter Bridge, or any other rock, country western, pop, jazz, rap group out there...

ctfan
07-05-2004, 08:09 PM

Stapp held them back? From what?? I'm so sick and tired of hearing this same old same old. Held Mark back from singing? Man, he only sings backup on 5 of the songs off of AB's cd. Held him back from shredding...or doing that "solo" thing?? From what I've heard of the new single....there isn't any more "soloing" on that single than what he did with Creed. Maybe less. So if Stapp "held" him on his soloing...then I better hear 3 minute solos on the rest of what they put out there.

Held Marshall back from what?? Bass solo?? I guess that's possible...if your the type person who likes to sit through it.

How many ways can you play the drums?? To what degree?? If Stapp held Phillips back from playing the drums...then should we expect drum solo's as well on this new AB cd??

Myles....if Myles can peel paint off the walls with his voice, I hope it can withstand the rigorous tour schedule.

musiclover291
07-05-2004, 09:15 PM
And Alter Bridge isn't a business?...BOC...Open Your Eyes...MUSIC is a business when it is your sole support, just like any job is inclined to become "business".... don't want it to be a business?...Just want to keep it personally fulfilling?...just want to have fun all the time?...then the comment Mark made about playing cover songs down in Key West was about as truthful as anything that has been said to date.

when you are required to meet deadlines and do what it takes for you to sell yourself by the record company's rules...and, believe it or not, they will sell you using ANY and whatever means necessary to recoup money from their investments...after all...their musicians owe it to them

Everybody does it...no matter how they try and convince their fans it's all nothing but "fun"...Altho, i believe that there is some "fun" involved, it's some damn hard work, and comes with a lot of headaches too...so as you can see it a business whether it was Creed, Alter Bridge, or any other rock, country western, pop, jazz, rap group out there...
Great point I love your post. I feel that Mark can't fool the fans we are smart people he knows Alterbridge is a business and sure he wants to have fun but he wants Alterbridge to sell why do you think he interviewed with MTV. Time well tell whether Alterbridge will be a hit or miss. But for my observation Stapp understands the business and is playing the game very well. That's why he hasn't made any further statements regarding Creed break-up. I think he's smart in doing so.

Jooji_2
07-05-2004, 10:13 PM
and hear Myles peel the paint of walls with his voice, most hard-core creed fans will be saying "creed who?"

That IS the problem for me.....it peels paint off the walls. :D

farmgirl
07-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Any band is a business, not just Creed. Alter Bridge is no different. It's all fun in the beginning. I'm sure it was fun for Creed in the beginning too, but when you get as big as they did, you have a whole new set of problems and pressures to deal with. Alter Bridge is just starting out...they will have their fair share of the business problems too.

Bridge of Clay
07-05-2004, 10:37 PM
meh...

ctfan
07-05-2004, 11:22 PM
That IS the problem for me.....it peels paint off the walls. :D

LMAO!!! :D

I'mRational
07-06-2004, 06:32 PM
:wtf: You are certainly not rational.

Would you like to back that assertion with an argument? :D

I'mRational
07-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm a hard-core Creed fan, but I won't be saying "Creed who?" if AB's music isn't harder than their first single, Open Your Eyes. I like the song OK, but it's not what I was hoping for sound-wise. That being said, I think Myles is awesome and I'm looking forward to the album.

As for the scope of the album, it will be heavier than Creed (but remember AB isnt' a metal band).

Dogstar
07-06-2004, 07:00 PM
As for the scope of the album, it will be heavier than Creed (but remember AB isnt' a metal band).

I'm not saying it has to be metal. I'm saying I'd like a harder edge to it, sort of like the My Own Prison/HC days, the music that got me into Creed in the first place. Weathered, overall, had a much lighter feel to it, IMO, with songs like Don't Stop Dancing, Lullaby, Stand Here With Me (which does have a kick-ass solo), Hide, etc. Not that I don't like those songs, but they just didn't pack the punch that songs like Illusion, Unforgiven, Sister, WTLF, What If and Say I did for me.

Shadow
07-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Would you like to back that assertion with an argument? :D
I don't want to argue. I have had my fair share of disagreements because of my support for Scott Stapp. I will support him in whatever he decides to do in the future.

I don't think Scott held anybody back. Mark and Scott P. were not held captive be him. They were part of Creed because they wanted to be. They were best friends. They were all in the band willingly, and creating music they were all proud of until "things" took a different turn. I don't think you will ever hear any of them talk negatively about the songs they wrote.

I don't love OYE the way I loved all the Creed songs the first time I heard them. But I will definitely give the CD a chance because Mark, Scott and Brian were part of Creed. But there will always be that something missing - Scott's voice - along with the songwriting combination of Tremonti/Stapp.

Sheila63
07-06-2004, 08:14 PM
I don't want to argue. I have had my fair share of disagreements because of my support for Scott Stapp. I will support him in whatever he decides to do in the future.

I don't think Scott held anybody back. Mark and Scott P. were not held captive be him. They were part of Creed because they wanted to be. They were best friends. They were all in the band willingly, and creating music they were all proud of until "things" took a different turn. I don't think you will ever hear any of them talk negatively about the songs they wrote.

I don't love OYE the way I loved all the Creed songs the first time I heard them. But I will definitely give the CD a chance because Mark, Scott and Brian were part of Creed. But there will always be that something missing - Scott's voice - along with the songwriting combination of Tremonti/Stapp.

Well said, Robyn. :clap: :clap:

I feel the same way.

musiclover291
07-06-2004, 08:37 PM

Great post I agree in what you said. Stapp is always getting attacked and made to be the bad guy in all of this. I don't like that Creed is no longer their songs and live concerts have been a big influence in my life and I think they are all great artist. But they are human and I respect Stapp for wanting more I think he is a entertainer and can do very well in every avenue (acting, music, fashion, etc..) plus business and spend more time with his son. If Mark and Flip couldn't embrace that and wanted something different then it is best that they disbanded.

Bridge of Clay
07-06-2004, 09:34 PM
You see... Robin and Sheila are mainly Stapp supporters. But they are moderated and their posts are reasonable. That's the way to go, there's no need to be blindly passionated and over react about everything.

Sheila63
07-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Thanks, Marcos, I appreciate it. :)

Bridge of Clay
07-09-2004, 05:57 PM

But there will always be that something missing - Scott's voice - along with the songwriting combination of Tremonti/Stapp.

Agreed!

Except that I loved OYE! :)