Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Any update on Scott Stapp? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Any update on Scott Stapp?

m3lissa
06-27-2004, 02:07 PM
hey guys

i was wondering if there was any news on scott's solo project? his site hasn't been updated or well i don't think the full site has been launched as of yet

Shadow
06-27-2004, 02:48 PM
No, there is no new information. His first solo song Relearn Love will be released on August 31 on a CD inspired by the movie The Passion of the Christ.

Bridge of Clay
06-27-2004, 03:11 PM
The Tea Party collaborated with him on this song.

We haven't heard much from him except for bar fighting in a couple occasions and the stolen guitars! The guys is lucky lately! LOL! ;)

Ann Allusion
06-27-2004, 05:06 PM
BOC...you are such a fount of Information lately... :rolleyes: give it a break...k?

~Ann~

The Lithium
06-27-2004, 05:52 PM
No, there is no new information. His first solo song Relearn Love will be released on August 31 on a CD inspired by the movie The Passion of the Christ.

Can't freaking wait!!

Bridge of Clay
06-27-2004, 08:37 PM
BOC...you are such a fount of Information lately... :rolleyes: give it a break...k?

~Ann~

oops! hit a nerve!

don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Stapp too. He's my fav singer... but I don't put him in a pedestal thinking he's someone he's not.

(but what I posted it's all true!)

Kimvan
06-27-2004, 09:43 PM
oops! hit a nerve!

don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Stapp too. He's my fav singer... but I don't put him in a pedestal thinking he's someone he's not.

yeah yeah yeah.... :rolleyes:
Marcos, ya know I like ya, but this is the old beating a dead horse thing - give it a rest, man. :( Peace.... :)

hayley
06-28-2004, 04:07 AM
I've actually been diaspointed with the amount of news that has been told about Stapp after the band broke up. :suave: I mean yeah, he hasn't been doing a whole heck of a lot, but there should be updates on him too, I am just a little disapointed about it

The Lithium
06-28-2004, 04:39 AM
oops! hit a nerve!

He's telling the truth... :D I know he loves Stapp do death for what he have done...

cariocawlad
06-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Stapp could give us something to feed our hunger like Alter Bridge with OYE. I really just can't wait to hear this guy singing again.

Shadow
06-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Well, Relearn Love isn't too far away from being released. Just two months away.

Scott will resurface sooner or later.

ggp2004
06-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Hopefully sooner than later, I am missing him like crazy!!

Creed_Defaultgirl
06-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Robyn, when you say 'released', do you mean when the album comes out or released on radio????

Hey, Alter Rocker, I know you changed your name, but who were you before????? I'm not sure who you are now.......

m3lissa
06-28-2004, 06:51 PM
it was great to see him when he made a few appearances on tv a few months back. i wish he would come back on tv or maybe an interview on the radio just to clear all the unanswered questions and negativity that is around him these days.

aussiecreeder
06-28-2004, 08:23 PM
flip did an interveiw with a radio station recently and something he said was interestering. this is not meant to cause debate and its not controversial just something a little curious;

Flip: Yeah, I think there were some people out there that saw it coming and it wasn’t even people necessarily on the inside. You know, Scott, he was doing some TV interviews and you know, TV shows and phoners and all that kind of stuff and he was talking a lot about his solo record that I think he’s still working on. Now, with the announcement of this, the fact that you haven’t heard anything from him does surprise me. But we wish him all the luck in the world, and hope that he does the same for us.

anyway i can't wait to hear "to relearn love" and hopefully his album will be out by the end of the year at the latest! :) its has my curiosity and i wish him the best! :)

Jooji_2
06-28-2004, 08:52 PM
The Passion of the Christ CD is set to be released on August 31 I believe. I read somewhere (sorry I can't remember where) that Stapp's song will be the first one from that CD released to radio.....so maybe we might expect it to be released a bit earlier than the CD...isn't that the way it's usually done? The first single a bit earlier than the CD?

Maybe once that song is released we will start hearing more about the other stuff coming up later. :D

Shadow
06-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Robyn, when you say 'released', do you mean when the album comes out or released on radio????

Hey, Alter Rocker, I know you changed your name, but who were you before????? I'm not sure who you are now.......
I'm sorry I wasn't clearer on that. The CD is set to be released on August 31. However, like Jooji said, Relearn Love is set to be the first single from the CD. There has been no set date, that we know of, for the single to be released. Scott wrote 4 songs for this CD, but again we don't know if they will all be included on this CD.

And FYI - Alter_Rocker was, in a previous life, Addicated2Stapp. :D

Kimvan
06-28-2004, 10:46 PM
It's getting harder and harder to wait until we hear his new music! :( I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though!

m3lissa
06-28-2004, 10:56 PM
here is a little info that i found on the producer he is working with, i believe his name is 7 Aurelius.
i found this on a hip hop site, here is the url for it http://streetcornerrecords.com/SevenAurelius.asp

"Seven Aurelius learned music in the local Pentecostal church in Lexington, Ky., where his grandfather was a pastor. There he played drums and learned to play several other instruments by ear, including keyboard and bass. In a random meeting in 1994, 7 connected with comedian Jamie Foxx, who happened to be performing in Lexington. Impressed with his beats, Foxx offered to put him up in L.A., prompting 7 to quit his restaurant dishwasher job.

After months there, actor Tyrin Turner(Menace II Society), a personal friend, brought 7 to the attention of Rap-A-Lot CEO James Prince, who used several of his tracks for Scarface's Untouchable and Last of a Dying Breed. However, things went awry when 7's name was initially missing from the credits. So when Irv Gotti approached him at a party and suggested the two work together in the future, a disgruntled 7 didn't think twice.

Seven moved to New York City in 2000, seeing Gotti and his growing Murder lnc. label as another golden opportunity. He began to bust out hits almost instantly (see above). The accolades came flooding in for Gotti's production and Ashanti's songwriting, but 7 was again unrecognized and unfulfilled. After two years, 7 couldn't take it anymore. 'I packed up the penthouse that Irv had me living in and shipped everything back to Kentucky.' He is currently working on other projects including his own debut as a solo artist."

he also has an official website http://www.7aurelius.com/ but seems like it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

hayley
06-29-2004, 04:40 AM
haha. Like Shadow said, its me, Hayley. (addicted2stapp) :D Nice to meet you Creed_Defaultgirl ;)

Cheers for that information, m3lissa

The Lithium
06-29-2004, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry I wasn't clearer on that. The CD is set to be released on August 31. However, like Jooji said, Relearn Love is set to be the first single from the CD. There has been no set date, that we know of, for the single to be released. Scott wrote 4 songs for this CD, but again we don't know if they will all be included on this CD.

Maybe this can be misquoted of somebody!! The CD Robyn is talking about is NOT Stapp's own solo album! We are talking about a soundtrack called " The Passion of the Christ: Songs of Inspiration". It's another Wind-up soundtrack!! Keep your eyes open, I don't think it's impossible that Alter Bridge may put a B-side on that soundtrack... At least I hope...

aussiecreeder
06-29-2004, 12:25 PM
its possible AB could be on that soundtrack but that sure would be interestering. can't wait to hear stapp's solo material and have that voice in the public arena again. best of luck to good ol leather pants! :D

Creed_Defaultgirl
06-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Ahh, thanks Robyn and Jooji_2, so you are indeed saying that we might could hear him on the radio, and if it's the first single to be released, then that means that it will be on the radio before the album comes out, and that means that me need for Scott's voice will be met even sooner, and that means that I love you so much for being my source of Scott information! But, just by you guy's judgment, do you think that only christian stations will play it, or will the other stations play it too. I know alot of the regular radiostations here in Oklahoma played mercyme. (I'm just making sure I didn't misunderstand anything, I seem to do that too often :rolleyes: )

Thanks guys for clearing up who Alter Rocker was, Hayley, *she's trying to confuse me while I left for a little while ;)

Shadow
06-29-2004, 11:25 PM
But, just by you guy's judgment, do you think that only christian stations will play it, or will the other stations play it too.
From the information I've seen about the song, I haven't gotten the impression that it is just for christian stations. Just FYI, Wind-Up records is the company releasing the CD.

Creed_Defaultgirl
06-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Thankyou....again! :)

hayley
06-30-2004, 01:42 AM
Thanks guys for clearing up who Alter Rocker was, Hayley, *she's trying to confuse me while I left for a little while ;)
Yay! It worked! :D

Creed_Defaultgirl
07-01-2004, 12:14 AM
Should've know you'd do this to me! ;) :rolleyes:

hayley
07-01-2004, 01:37 AM
Damn straight, and I got ya good :silly:

Creed_Defaultgirl
07-01-2004, 11:26 PM
LOL, you sure did!