Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
WAWOf closes doors [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : WAWOf closes doors

Bridge of Clay
06-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Cynthia closed the doors of WAWO in April.She does not know if Scott plans to re-open it in the future or not.it is up to Stapp whether or not he re-opens WAWO at another time. at some time there will be a statement made when we do not know.She suggested that no monies be sent because simply nobody is there to recieve them. So long and short please do not send donations until stapp has decided what to do.

-mommyscreed
http://p067.ezboard.com/fcreedpit62842frm1.showMessage?topicID=43489.topic

oh man... that's sad, really sad. :(

Higher_Desire
06-26-2004, 12:34 AM
Man. That's sad. They did a lot of good. I was wondering if the demise of Creed would affect them, (Tremonti & Phillips being ambassadors and all) and I guess it did. That really is too bad. I hope it comes back.

H-D :pimp:

Creed_Defaultgirl
06-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Me and my mom were wondering about that yesterday, I wasn't expecting that, I figured it would stay open someway somehow. That's not cool.

PaulMcCoygirl
06-26-2004, 03:41 AM
Man, that's depressing to hear. I hope they re-open WAWOF in the future.

Dogstar
06-26-2004, 03:54 AM
I hope they do, too. They did a lot of good.

hayley
06-26-2004, 06:12 AM
I wasn't expecting that, I figured it would stay open someway somehow. That's not cool.
That's what I thought. Surley there must be a way that they can keep it open. :( That is quite upsetting. That sucks! Mind you, they may change their mind and keep it open somehow, hopefully.

Jooji_2
06-26-2004, 10:10 AM
It is sad to hear....but maybe it will come back. Alot of non-profit agencies don't make it in bad economic times. The people they count on for help are struggling to keep their heads above water themselves, donations drop....I'm not saying that was the situation here...but maybe it will be back someday...you have to admit it did good things while it was in existence.

The Lithium
06-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Damn!! If you talked about Creed with somebody that didn't liked them and they said "Name on good song they've made"... You could always go for "With Arms Wide Open" and then explain about the whole project... It's so sad I will never see a blown away face like that again :(

Kimvan
06-26-2004, 11:21 PM
I was saddened to hear this; I guess with Mark and Scott P. being "ambassadors" for the WAWOF, they've got to think of something new. It was such an awesome idea of Scott's, named after an awesome song...Hopefully he'll continue to do this good work with a similar foundation for children.

The Lithium
06-27-2004, 11:01 AM
I hope so... That's really big of him!! And the world needs it!

jbjfan
06-27-2004, 02:32 PM
i cant believe it :wtf: . i never expected scott to ever close that down, he made it so big and did so much good with it. it's soooooo sad. :crying:

musiclover291
06-27-2004, 02:50 PM
i cant believe it :wtf: . i never expected scott to ever close that down, he made it so big and did so much good with it. it's soooooo sad. :crying:

I heard a DJ talking about it I don't know how true it is but he said the reason Scott closed down the doors was because Creed breakup and legal matters and once that is cleared he could reopen. I'm guessing because so many people involved with Creed were involved with the foundation.

Shadow
06-27-2004, 02:55 PM
I was saddened to hear this; I guess with Mark and Scott P. being "ambassadors" for the WAWOF, they've got to think of something new. It was such an awesome idea of Scott's, named after an awesome song...Hopefully he'll continue to do this good work with a similar foundation for children.
Kim, I don't think Mark and Scott P. had anything to do with the foundation's closing.

It's sad, another chapter of Creed is gone. :(

JulieCitySlicker
06-27-2004, 05:56 PM
That sucks :(
I thought that they'd atleast keep that open, for the kids :wtf:

hayley
06-28-2004, 04:12 AM
Shadow, you are right, it is sad and has hit home again because another chapter of Creed has closed. :( This is just really sad, because I'm sure they could have kept it running, Stapp could have kept it running, after all it was basically his foundation. :dunno:

The Lithium
06-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Aaahhh, come on guys!! This is something totally new!! I'm gonna be happy and glad for Stapp and Alter Bridge, and not sad over Creed!!

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Who says I'm sad over Creed

I've been over them breaking up for a long time now ;)

hayley
06-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah same, this has nothing to do with the fact that Creed have broken up, we are talking about the Foundation.

JenRN
07-03-2004, 03:47 PM
This is a damn shame....... this breakup is affecting places where it will hurt for sure :(