Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Change of pace in this forum.... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Change of pace in this forum....

creedfaner
11-30-2002, 12:34 AM
>> Admin Edit: Thread closed. Read last post for info

Opiate

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you.
like me,
like me.

If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me .
Don't judge or question.
You are broken now ,
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My Gods will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
<edit>

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.

Eulogy

He had alot to say.
He had alot of nothing to say.
We'll miss him.

So long.
We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.
Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice that was strong and loud.
We'll miss him.
Ranting and pointing his finger
At everything but his heart.
We'll miss him.

No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me,
Like I care at all.

So loud.
You sure could yell.
You took a stand on every little thing
And so loud.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice so strong and loud and I
Swallowed his facade cuz I'm so
Eager to identify with
Someone above the ground,
Someone who seemed to feel the same,
Someone prepared to lead the way, with
Someone who would die for me.

Will you? Will you now?
Would you die for me?
Don't you fuckin lie.

Don't you step out of line.
Don't you fuckin lie.

You've claimed all this time that you would die for me.
Why then are you so surprised to hear your own eulogy?

You had alot to say.
You had alot of nothing to say.

Come down.
Get off your fuckin cross.
We need the fuckin space to nail the next fool martyr.

To ascend you must die.
You must be crucified
For your sins and your lies.
Goodbye...

Diclaimer: I am religious, so i am no anti...but sometimes you just need a change of pace. Ya know what i mean?
<b>Before anyone gets offended, those songs are metaphors for some other "read between the lines" meaning. Dont look at the surface of the songs!!</b>

Lady Valkyrie
11-30-2002, 01:39 PM
I am offended and I don't like this thread... and as a member of this board I am allowed to say so. I don't care to know the twisted and perverted metaphors of these songs... they repulse me.

Have a blessed day

hotforscott
11-30-2002, 01:42 PM
i don't care for these songs one bit.

creedfaner
11-30-2002, 03:57 PM
:rolleyes: please, you know nothing about those songs or the band they are by...dont judge them. Dont EVER judge Tool by reading the surface of their songs, Lady Valk. Yes, on the surface they might be "twisted and perverted", but you didnt even consider reading between the lines and even attempt to find the reference point of Maynard James Keenen in the songs.

I have come to conclude that most people (Creed fans in particular) are close-minded...

One more thing, before you come to conclusions too fast (which you more likely have done), Tool and the band members are not religious...but they are not satanic either. Dont judge them, ever.

TeriB19
11-30-2002, 04:25 PM
Just because YOU like the songs doesn't mean EVERYONE has to. And it doesn't mean ALL Creed fans are closed minded. Get your head out of your ass and remember that these are OPINIONS, and not everyone is going to agree with yours, shithead.

hotforscott
11-30-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by creedfaner
<b>:rolleyes: &nbsp;please, you know nothing about those songs or the band they are by...dont judge them. Dont EVER judge Tool by reading the surface of their songs, Lady Valk. Yes, on the surface they might be "twisted and perverted", but you didnt even consider reading between the lines and even attempt to find the reference point of Maynard James Keenen in the songs.

I have come to conclude that people (Creed fans in particular) are close-minded...

One more thing, before you come to conclusions too fast (which you more likely have done), Tool and the band members are not religious...but they are not satanic either. Dont judge them, ever. </b>

I wouldn't consider all Creed fans closed-minded, only 3 people have replied to your post. Tool fans may want to read more into their lyrics, I particularly do not. Some of their titles just scared me away, I never even got past them to hear the songs. I apologise if my comment offended you in any way and I feel that if your closed-minded comment was based on more then this post, then maybe you expected this kind of response and still chose to post it.

Lady Valkyrie
11-30-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Just because YOU like the songs doesn't mean EVERYONE has to. And it doesn't mean ALL Creed fans are closed minded. Get your head out of your ass and remember that these are OPINIONS, and not everyone is going to agree with yours, shithead.

Amen Sista!!

I am sorry but I don't care a rat's rear about Maynard James Keenen or any subtle underlieing remarks about him in the song. That doesn't mean that I am close minded. The song states things that are offending to me because I am a follower of Jesus Christ... he is my Lord and Savior.

Place a song on here that disses another person's faith... like something that disses Buddah, the Jewish Faith, or any other religion and I'll garuntee you'll get the same responce as the ones you see here already. When you diss one's faith feathers are going to get ruffled.

And seeing as you think that Creed fans are all closeminded... why are you even here at this board? Are you a fan of Creed? If so why diss ALL fans of Creed? That is blatantly ignorant to say the very least.

TeriB19
11-30-2002, 11:32 PM
thank you for attacking my opinion, bigot.

I am fine right here. You will soon learn that i purposly strive on pushing peoples buttons.

This was posted awhile back by creedfaner. Obviously, talking to him like an adult is out of the question. It is a complete waste of our time.

Lady Valkyrie
12-01-2002, 01:20 AM
Well then Teri I guess you called it right when you called him a doo-doo head LMBO!!!

Seriously, though, I was away from the board for a while to work on my attitude and heart. I then come back to this?! Dear Lord! I guess God is wanting to test me. I am working on talking to people as a fellow human being... no matter how much they infuriate me or hurt me.

But let me say that if this person has attacked you before and does so again to you or someone else... well I guess Mr. Moderator, Steve will have to step in then.

creedfaner
12-01-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
Amen Sista!!

I am sorry but I don't care a rat's rear about Maynard James Keenen or any subtle underlieing remarks about him in the song. That doesn't mean that I am close minded. The song states things that are offending to me because I am a follower of Jesus Christ... he is my Lord and Savior. &nbsp;

Place a song on here that disses another person's faith... like something that disses Buddah, the Jewish Faith, or any other religion and I'll garuntee you'll get the same responce as the ones you see here already. When you diss one's faith feathers are going to get ruffled.

And seeing as you think that Creed fans are all closeminded... why are you even here at this board? Are you a fan of Creed? If so why diss ALL fans of Creed? That is blatantly ignorant to say the very least.
"I hope your f**ked up on drugs, and you actually do make even a small amount of sense when you're not under the influence."

Seriously, did you read anything in my second post of this thread? Anything past the first couple sentences?

Honestly, i found that most Creed fans react the same way to those songs as you people are right now. So, that is why i said most Creed fans are...not all. I dont know any of you, i dont want to either.

To touch on me liking Creed or not...Well...I dont hate them. Now, as far as Creed writing songs compared to TOOL...Creed down right sucks. But they arent as bad as some artists. I can safely say that Creed hold a strong #1 on my list. But i am no Creed freak. I think it is boring to listen to just Creed and cheerish just Creed.
My opinion of Creed: Weathered sucks major...it is aimed to the mainstream music industry. HC is all right, the non-singles are awesome (Say I, WW, Beatiful, WATY, etc), but it is still aimed a little bit to the mainstream audiance. MOP...it is the greatest album ever. In other words: Weathered = Wind-Up Records, MOP = Creed.

For you own amusment, i will spell out those songs for you, it looks as if you need some help comprehending them.

Opitate - "Its about society forcing religion upon us. Priests can lie too, and fool us to their advantage. This song more than any other is what Tool is all about. This is the 'Think for yourself, Question authority' song. Other songs have dealt with the issue more in depth but this song just lays it out that you are being lied to, not just by preachers but by all manner of authority. You must rely on yourself and think for yourself and only then will you find truth."

Eulogy - "Eulogy is satirical. Main point here is that "He had a lot of NOTHING to say." It may not be about religious figures, or at least not a specific one, but it is definitely about the idolization of people. the "he" in Eulogy is a very broad one at that.

Of course you can tie in the obvious religion and all that. I've always looked at Eulogy as being about fans in music or anyone "following the crowd".
Especially the lines: "standing above the crowd, he had a voice that was strong and loud, i swallowed his facade cause i'm so eager to identify..." and "someone prepared to lead the way, someone who would die for me... will you now?"
I look at those types of people who worship bands. The ones who dress up in the stereotypical "goth "punk" or whatever these days, to look just like their favorite band. They become a part of it, and have no identity of themselves."

See? There is nothing about those songs to get your panties in a bundle about. :P

creedfaner
12-01-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
But let me say that if this person has attacked you before and does so again to you or someone else... well I guess Mr. Moderator, Steve will have to step in then.
1. Standing up for one of my favorite bands is against the CreedFeed constitution now? I think everyone here has done that at some point in time, online or off.

2. That is Tool's freedom of speech, ban me for it!

Amish Warlord
12-01-2002, 02:21 AM
Hmm.. i like this one better.

Judith
You're such an inspiration for the ways
That I'll never ever choose to be
Oh so many ways for me to show you
How the savior has abandoned you
Fuck your God
Your Lord and your Christ
He did this
Took all you had and
Left you this way
Still you pray, you never stray
Never taste of the fruit
You never thought to question why

It's not like you killed someone
It's not like you drove a hateful spear into his side
Praise the one who left you
Broken down and paralyzed
He did it all for you
He did it all for you

Oh so many many ways for me to show you
How your dogma has abandoned you
Pray to your Christ, to your god
Never taste of the fruit
Never stray, never break
Never---choke on a lie
Even though he's the one who did this to you
You never thought to question why

Not like you killed someone
It's Not like you drove a spiteful spear into his side
Talk to Jesus Christ
As if he knows the reasons why
He did it all for you
Did it all for you
He did it all for you..

There's no deeper meaning here.

creedfaner
12-01-2002, 02:25 AM
:lol: i gotta download that one AW!

that is what you can get pissed off about Lady Valk. :cool:

Dogstar
12-01-2002, 02:35 AM
Creedfaner, I really like Tool a lot, but I think your discussion or posting of the lyrics might have been better served under Music Matters, rather than the faith/religion topic, unless you wanted to discuss the band's stance on faith/religion. Just posting the lyrics, which on the surface could/did offend some, does nothing but annoy and injure. I know you have stated that you like to push people's buttons, but really, don't you think we've had enough now? Grow up.
And please don't assume that most or all Creed fans are closeminded. It's fine if you don't *worship* a band or their members, but there are some here who are quite passionate about their love of Creed and their music. I'm sure you have your favorites, too.

creedfaner
12-01-2002, 02:42 AM
people would have been offened in any forum... In fact, this forum is probably better considering it gets less traffic.

If you want a huge amount of people reacting about the songs in a wrong way, then ask Steve to move it.

Dogstar
12-01-2002, 02:52 AM
It was just a suggestion, is all. I'm just trying to determine your purpose in posting it, other than to push people's buttons. Personally, I like both songs.

creedfaner
12-01-2002, 03:06 AM
I put it here for two reasons:
1. Because on the surface they are about religion
2. This forum gets less traffic, and i was avoiding about 30 "oh i am so offended over that!!" people.

I didnt post it here to piss anyone off or "push anyones buttons", just for good 'ol conversation.

Steve
12-01-2002, 04:54 PM
Note: This thread is being closed.

The intent of the thread was to stir trouble. You can discuss song lyrics all you want here, but this was clearly not the original intent of the post. creedfaner posted the lyrics and that was it. He did not discuss the reasoning for posting it, ask questions pertaining to them, or start conversation regarding it. The sole purpose was to cause trouble.