Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Do you understand what we're witnessing? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Do you understand what we're witnessing?

revisfoot
06-15-2004, 01:50 AM
Hey guys!

Just something I've been thinking of over the past few days...

Do y'all realize that we're witnessing music history in the making?

Just look at it --

Some of the biggest names in music are changing. Look at Velvet Revolver (3/5th's of GnR and Scott f--king Weiland!!) Audioslave (Chris Cornell and the three members of Rage) and now Alter Bridge.

I can't believe that WE get to see all this happening! It's pretty exciting to see all these familiar faces do unfamiliar things, watch as this new evolution in music occurs in front of our very eyes. I think it's amazing.

The Lithium
06-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Yeah, but as for Alter Bridge... Do you understand who we are to them? Their first fans... We are the same as the "Tallahassee-bar-fans" was to Creed in the early years!! How many times do you get to see a band go from 0 to one million? We are helping them writing music history!!

//Lith

hayley
06-15-2004, 04:18 AM
It's cool, but I wouldn't go as far as saying its music history in the making.

Shadow
06-15-2004, 07:28 AM
I would still rather have Creed back together.

aussiecreeder
06-15-2004, 08:46 AM
there are obviously similarties between the three bands all have well-known bands with a new singer forming new bands. the first two are "supergroups" where the former band and the new singer are both from very well-known bands which means the hype machine kicks into gear. this is great to sell cds but it means the albums simply can't live up to the crazy amount of hype that is generated for both audioslave and velvet revolver.

alter bridge while similar is a little different. while it obviously features 3 former members of creed myles while a prodigous talent is not well-known at least to the general public. this makes the band a little harder to market but means the album is likely to exeed expectations rather than be a let down.

creedsister
06-15-2004, 01:11 PM
It's cool, but I wouldn't go as far as saying its music history in the making.
Dont be so sure about that :D

The Lithium
06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Creed together would be awesome, but bands is like relationships... It sucks that Creed are breaking up, but it just didn't worked... Let's try to love Myles instead!

Flip
06-15-2004, 05:29 PM
is any one else of the alter bridge e-team/street team ?

Xterminator27
06-15-2004, 06:02 PM
I wouldnt go to say its as far as MUSIC HOSTORY, because then everything that ever happens is history and well isnt that special unless you are drectly involved with it

oh andI JUST FELT LIKE MAKING THIS POST IMPOSSIBLE TO READ WHICH IS WHAY IM TYPEN IN ALL CAPS AND HUGE FONT, YOU SEE EVERYTHING THA TEVER HAPPENS IS PART OF MUSIC HISTORY, SO IN FACT IT MEANS NOTHING AND ISNT SPECIAL AT ALL IN ANY WAY UNLESS YOU ARE DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH IT LOL THIS POST SUCKS AND IS PROBLY PISSING PEOPLE OFF BECAUSE IT SCREWS UP THE THING AND IS HUGE LOL I FELT LIKE PISSING SOMEONE OFF

Jez
06-15-2004, 08:53 PM
If you drag the mouse over your text, you can see it just fine.

Higher_Desire
06-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Just look at it --

Some of the biggest names in music are changing. Look at Velvet Revolver (3/5th's of GnR and Scott f--king Weiland!!) Audioslave (Chris Cornell and the three members of Rage) and now Alter Bridge.

I can't believe that WE get to see all this happening! It's pretty exciting to see all these familiar faces do unfamiliar things, watch as this new evolution in music occurs in front of our very eyes. I think it's amazing.
Hmmm. Interesting. I never thought about it like that. Very insiteful. :)

I would still rather have Creed back together.
True dat. :thumbsup:

is any one else of the alter bridge e-team/street team ?
I am.

H-- :pimp:

creedsister
06-16-2004, 12:02 AM
I wouldnt go to say its as far as MUSIC HOSTORY, because then everything that ever happens is history and well isnt that special unless you are drectly involved with it

oh andI JUST FELT LIKE MAKING THIS POST IMPOSSIBLE TO READ WHICH IS WHAY IM TYPEN IN ALL CAPS AND HUGE FONT, YOU SEE EVERYTHING THA TEVER HAPPENS IS PART OF MUSIC HISTORY, SO IN FACT IT MEANS NOTHING AND ISNT SPECIAL AT ALL IN ANY WAY UNLESS YOU ARE DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH IT LOL THIS POST SUCKS AND IS PROBLY PISSING PEOPLE OFF BECAUSE IT SCREWS UP THE THING AND IS HUGE LOL I FELT LIKE PISSING SOMEONE OFF HaHa You little Ass

creedsister
06-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Creed together would be awesome, but bands is like relationships... It sucks that Creed are breaking up, but it just didn't worked... Let's try to love Myles instead!
:confused: Not ;)

hayley
06-16-2004, 04:05 AM
X, that didnt' work, it wasn't impossible to read, you've got to do something that kicks more ass!

Lechium
06-16-2004, 04:34 AM
You're really missing a point... former members of GOOD bands, are forming BAD ones, that make unoriginal radio music, all in order to make some money...

what we are witnessing is selling out reaching new heights

whoo-fucking-hoo....

Said Eyes
06-16-2004, 06:19 AM
Contraband is a pretty kick ass cd, Lechium. And Audioslave was good too. They were also quite awesome live, and I'm hoping Velvet Revolver are too.

Alterbridge isn't in the same category though. While he may be a good singer (I dont know) this Myles fellow doesn't really have the same auroa about him as say, Chris Cornell or Scott Weiland.

But band members swapping and creating new bands isn't a new thing.

Shadow
06-16-2004, 07:38 AM
this Myles fellow doesn't really have the same auroa about him as say, Chris Cornell or Scott Weiland.
or Scott Stapp......

The Lithium
06-16-2004, 10:19 AM
I JUST FELT LIKE MAKING THIS POST IMPOSSIBLE TO READ WHICH IS WHAY IM TYPEN IN ALL CAPS AND HUGE FONT

Just grow up sucker!!

RMadd
06-16-2004, 11:01 AM
i don't think we're witnessing music history. sure the bands are good, if not great. but there've been supergroups before. and, at any rate, Alter Bridge is a lesser supergroup when compared to Audioslave or VR. Soudgarden and Rage or GN'R and STP vs. Creed and M4? No question about it, the first four bands are all immaculate and awesome, etc, etc, etc. I'm not denying that Alter Bridge is gonna be awesome, but this just ain't music history.

revisfoot
06-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Guys, what I meant was...look at whats happening. These bands: Creed, Guns 'n Roses, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine -- we are witnessing an evolution in our music scene RIGHT NOW. That was the point of this thread...to bring attention that we are witnessing something that really doesn't happen all the time. I think it's so cool to watch this happen.

Xterminator27
06-16-2004, 09:48 PM
But it DOES happen all the time, like it did with those 5 other bands

Said Eyes
06-17-2004, 04:50 AM
or Scott Stapp......
Hah :rolleyes:

WeatheredWoman
06-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Hah :rolleyes:

:slap: