Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Alter Bridge First Listen!!!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge First Listen!!!!!

Gabriel
06-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Alter Bridge would like to invite everybody to hear their first single, Open Your Eyes, before it hits radio! Begining around noon eastern time on Wednesday, June 16th, VH1.com will begin streaming it as part of their "Hear Music First" promotion. This is only the second time in history that Vh1 has done this for only a single, and not a full album! I know how excited you fans are to hear it, and let me say that Alter Bridge is even MORE excited for you all to hear it for the first time.

Michael

Edited to add-Due to a delay in CD pressing the single date has also changed, fear not, it is only two days. The single will now be shipping to radio on Wdnesday, June 16th with it arriving at radio on Thursday. Sorry about the confusion and spread the word!

Bridge of Clay
06-09-2004, 10:07 PM
As I said before, if they're anxious for us to hear it, they can start by calling me and playing it over the phone. I won't mind! :D

Shadow
06-09-2004, 11:13 PM
As I said before, if they're anxious for us to hear it, they can start by calling me and playing it over the phone. I won't mind! :D
How about a conference call? I think there are a number of people who could arrange to be available before Monday to listen to the new music.

stargirl
06-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the info, I like hearing new music!

Bridge of Clay
06-09-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm on 24/7 if it's for AB new stuff, Shadow! how about you?

chafin24
06-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Will they be streaming the new single all day along?

Shadow
06-10-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm on 24/7 if it's for AB new stuff, Shadow! how about you?
I'm there with you Marcos. You know what a Scott fan I am, and it is going to be extremely hard for me to hear and see a different vocalist with Mark, but I'm really going to try. (Although I know it will break my heart not seeing Scott with them.)

Bridge of Clay
06-10-2004, 03:42 PM
me too. I already miss Stapp with Mark, but that's their choice. I'll support whatever comes up from both of them.

(I'm not in any way dissing Myles. I love his voice, he's great. Specially because he's a tenor and I don't like tenors)

The Lithium
06-11-2004, 02:23 AM
What about Monday?! Hey, even you Micheal said so!

Higher_Desire
06-11-2004, 08:46 PM
When was the single going to be posted here (or at ABRocks or ABB.net) for download? Is that still going to be Monday, or has it changed to Wednesday too?

H-D :pimp:

The Lithium
06-12-2004, 07:28 AM
We are wondering the same thing my friend!!

mriamboring
06-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Listening to that song it seems to me like it's just typical soulless american pop radio-rock. Some nice parts in there obviously but there's nothing outstanding about it, and don't come down on me because of this opinion.

Unforgiven Fan
06-16-2004, 12:51 PM
pop rock??

that sound is modern/mainstream rock...

but hey that is your opinon...

by the way:

the song KICKS MAJOR ASS!!

The Lithium
06-16-2004, 01:45 PM
WILL THEY OPEN THEIR EYES AND REALIZE WE'RE ONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Micheal, tell the guys we just LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jooji_2
06-16-2004, 01:52 PM
It's just Creed with a tenor........ :D

WeatheredWoman
06-16-2004, 02:06 PM
I have to agree with Jooji.... I was quite shocked (in a positive way) how much it sounds like CREED! In the first part I even could imagine Scott singing those lyrics... until it reached the higher parts! It confused me a little... but then it's just amazing!!!

I love Alter Bridge... can't wait to hear more!

SCOTTSMYMAN
06-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Well, I listened to the song earlier and I have to say it was a good song BUT......

seriously if I wanted to listen to Creed I would have just but in one of their cds. It doesn't sound any different to me except for the singer and if you listen really closely, I hear alot of ~My Scarifice~ and other similar guitar riffs I've heard before. I also made a funny that made my hubby laugh his ass off:
Lyrics:

"Open up their eyes and realize we're one;
One oh one the only ways is one"

Sorry if I offended anybody. It was a good song but felt it was still Creed minus Scott Stapp.

:dunno: Thought it was supposed to be soo different! :dunno:

Jooji_2
06-16-2004, 03:16 PM
I have to agree with Jooji...

I wasn't shocked at all.....it was what I was expecting....

From the people who said.....we aren't just Creed with a different singer.....sorry, but from what I hear, dudes, that IS what you are.

If I want to hear Creed.....I have three CDs I can listen to.

And yeah....there is something in the music that I thought was familiar to me, though I can't actually say what it is.

Its not necessarily bad, it just didn't do that much for me.....but after hearing fans whine about how the others in the band were held back and not allowed to reach their "full" potential...I was certainly expecting something different. :wtf:

SCOTTSMYMAN
06-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Its not necessarily bad, it just didn't do that much for me.....but after hearing fans whine about how the others in the band were held back and not allowed to reach their "full" potential...I was certainly expecting something different.

So, was I! Doesn't seem like they were being held back too much!!

ggp2004
06-16-2004, 03:28 PM
It seems a lot of us think it was Creed minus Scott Stapp. It sounded like Creed to me but with a singer I didn't like as much. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but I wasn't blown away or anything.

ctfan
06-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Well, after all the hype....it's just simply Creed with a different lead singer. Where people got the idea that Mark wasn't allowed to reach his full potential with Creed :wtf: , I haven't a clue, but man....everything sounds much the same.

musiclover291
06-16-2004, 05:56 PM
I agree with alot of you it was Creed minus Stapp. I am not trying to upset anyone, but Michael did all this hype about the song stating how everyone was behind Alter Bridge everyone who worked with Creed are working with Alter Bridge. It's the same sound but different lead singer.

Sorry Michael I will just buy Creed's Greatest Hits

Steve
06-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Guess you'll be missing out on a good record then. Just because one song sounds similar to Creed's sound doesn't mean the rest will. And if the whole thing does sound like Creed, so what? You're a Creed fan right? Or is it all of a sudden because Stapp isn't in the band you won't support them?

If Stapp's solo album sounds like Creed minus Tremonti and Phillips will you not buy that one either?

TeriB19
06-16-2004, 06:53 PM
I'll have to wait til tomorrow for the radio stations to play it. Damn dial up.

SCOTTSMYMAN
06-16-2004, 06:55 PM
We are all just stating our opinion. I was expecting something totally different. That's all I've ever heard how much different they were suppose to be. That it was going to be a much heavier sound but this particular song just wasn't!! it sounded like Creed. I thought Mark was after a different sound!!?? Maybe some of the other songs will be heavier and I hope so and if that's the case maybe they should have put out a single that didn't sound so much like Creed. I didn't say I wasn't going to buy the album , I was just stating my opinion of what I thought about the song.

The similarties (sp?) between this song and the music of ~My Sacrifice~ were just way too weird. Not too mention lyrically , it sound just like a Creed song!!!

Don't get so defensive!! :dunno:

Bridge of Clay
06-16-2004, 07:27 PM
so now I'm home and all the excitement of just hearing it is gone... I'll make a better review in my opinion...

First thing that's changed: It begins with Flip hitting the drums!!! Most of Creed songs begin with Mark's guitar and then Flip starts his job. Very nice!

The sound: I was expecting something totally different, harder... turns out it's so melodic, creedish. And that's what I loved about it!!! It has Mark's signature, which means it's amazing! I loved the melody.

Honestly, I didn't get chills down the spin like when I heard My Sacrifice for the first time. But I've never been so anxious for a song before and after I heard it... I was literally with my arms shacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think it's up the chills in emotions scale! lol! ) The solo... Mark shows how to shred it up!!! It's beautiful, the guitar is singing along! And finally he decided to show his voice. I always liked the songs he sings.

Flip: he's always improving. I don't know much about drums, but it fits so well to the song: not hidden, not over heard, it's perfect the way it is.

Brian: as I said, my speakers didn't allow me to hear the bass parts. When I fix it, I'll have a better notion, but from what I heard it...I was glad he's back. He's unique, he manages to create sub-melodies like in Say I and Pity for a Dime! Well done!

And last , but not the least:

Myles: what a range, so much control!!! I knew he was good, I dig M4's stuff after we knew he was the one, but on this song... he's indeed the best voice of rock I know. I love Stapp's voice and his way of singing, but Myles is better trained. He sounded completely different from the M4 mp3 I got (just 3: Eden, Flatley's Crutch and another one I forgot!). He rules!!! I wasn't surprised because I knew where he was coming from... but all the time I hear it, I keep thinking how awesome he is. I can't dare trying to sing AB's songs because I'd ruin it. And I love when he goes "uuuuhhhhhh"-ing.

The Lyrics: awesome!!! Indeed I was blown away, as Denise forecasted. Really beautiful! I don't know if it's only Mark's work or if this is one of the songs Myles collaborated, but I congrat him/them! They were really inspired and I wonder by what!

Although many comparissons are being made to Creed, I don't think it's a bad (comparisson). There's nothing wrong. I'm sure that when we hear the next songs, the band will grow apart. Indeed it was an excellent choice for a debut song and to get known.

Cheers, Alter Bridge!!! You guys have no idea how I missed your work!!! That's what motivate us to keep going!

But the bestest thing is that they know I exist now, since DJ Buckethead mentioned my name to them! LOL!

:: Marcos ::

Bridge of Clay
06-16-2004, 07:36 PM
ok, Jooji has her 3 cds to listen to. Perhaps the others have the 3 cds and a new "unreleased" song. :D

Anyway, it's natural... It's Mark's signature in it, he has the same equipment, which means the tone is alike. But it's different: You have Myles there, harmonizing, doing "uuuuuuhhh"s and it has a different vibe. This is Alter Bridge. They are blasting the radios now and it's a song that will make them known! I can't wait to hear what's next! Denise said it's harder, but I already love the way it is!

Let's see what Stapp comes up with too! I can't wait!

stargirl
06-16-2004, 07:50 PM
I didnt like the song, ive only heard it once im guessing the song could grow on me it seems catchy. Ill wait till i will hear the rest of the Cd, if i wanted to buy it! I hope your music is more heavier, thats what im getting into at the moment.

TeriB19
06-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Just heard it. I can definitely see the similarities between this and My Sacrifice, but Mark seems to be more free with the guitar. I like it, it is catchy. The lyrics aren't moving me yet, but it's still early. Bass is good, drums kick butt as usual and I really like Mark's playing. It's Creed-like, yet not. Considering Creed is so fresh in our minds, and that this is the first non-Creed song we've heard from the Stappless ex-Creeders, we're bound to hear similarities. I don't know that I'm in love with it, but it's good. What's with the 'woooooo ooooooh' stuff?

WeatheredWoman
06-16-2004, 08:48 PM
First thing that popped up in my mind when hearing Open Your Eyes was: ...before they even called Myles the first time, Mark already finished half of the songs... so I thought that obviously those "first-half-songs" were probably written to end up on the fourth CREED-album... so it's not too farfetched that some of those actually-for-CREED-songs would show up on "One Day Remains"...

That's what I thought when I heard the strong CREED similarities.

Bridge of Clay
06-16-2004, 10:25 PM
Mark started writing right after the nye concert. he was itchy to be playing but stapp needed the break.

ctfan
06-17-2004, 12:03 AM
What's with the 'woooooo ooooooh' stuff?

The first thing that came to my mind was "yodeling"...but I can't find a better word for it. Hmmm, dunno if that makes sense or not. :)

Shadow
06-17-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure yet. I have to listen to it a few more times.

What's with the 'woooooo ooooooh' stuff?
My thoughts to.

Like Marcos said, My Sacrifice gave me chills the first time I heard it too. Scott's voice still gives me chills when I listen to the acoustic version of Torn. I liked just about all Creed songs the first time I heard them. The only ones that had to grow on me were Bullets and FF, but I love them now.

Anyway - we're not talking about Creed here :( . So, back to AB - I'll have to wait until the album comes out. Seems like the local stations here are not picking up on AB. They are still talking about the Creed break-up and I have yet to hear AB even mentioned.l

Xterminator27
06-17-2004, 01:04 PM
It was alright but it seems WAY to radio-friendly and Popy unlike the cool Misteriouse Funky sound of creed that kicks UBER ass.

It was Good and seemed verry.... MTV friendly.

It dosnt come close to comparing with creed though =(, oh well im still buying teh CD and hopefully they will have better different songs

guitarchitect
06-17-2004, 03:21 PM
i've been readin some posts and i dont think it's like creed. sure.. there is a similar style.. Mark is still Mark. but he has written some great stuff and done a great job
i love the new song. but creed? no. alter bridge is alter bridge.
i think myles really does a great job too. he really does have an awesome voice. i think he fits well with the band. can't wait for more from alter bridge. it's a new era. creed are done. we have to remember that

TremontiRx
06-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Come on guys! Did you think it would sound like Manson or something? :wtf: It's still Scotty P., Brian, and Mark. And like someone else said, Mark never stopped writting, so some of these songs *were* going to be Creed songs. We've been promised that there is MUCH heavier stuff on the CD and I'm honestly not surprised that they went with a song like this for the debut. Last time I checked, being widely played on the radio was a good thing.

Let's not all rush to judgement just because....well, for whatever reason.

I, for one, absolutely love it!

RockGoddess
06-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Guitarchitect, I agree wholeheartedly! Yes, you're going to hear some things that may remind of you of Creed; it is Mark's music we are listening too. But it is a whole new band, with a new feel, and a new spirit. I, personally LOVE Myle's voice. And I certainly don't think we've heard everything that Myles can do just in OYE.

I like Stapp's voice too, I'm not taking anything away from him. But to me Myles' voice is more soothing. At least in this song, and I like that.

luvin monti
06-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Not to mention....Myles has a bit larger range!

The song just kicks major ass! :D

Shadow
06-22-2004, 09:47 AM
I've listened to the song a few more times. The lyrics have definitely gotten to me, more so then I thought they would.

Dogstar
06-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Ok, I heard the song. It didn't blow me away or anything. I agree with others who said it sounds a little too Creed-like, but given that three-fourths of the members were in Creed, I guess that's a given. What disappointed me a bit is that it's the lighter side of Creed rather than the heavier and heavier was what was being hyped. I know it's supposed to be radio-friendly and all, but I hope they haven't compromised their creative process to satisfy the suits at the record label. That being said...I love Myles' voice and I really enjoyed the harmonies. I'm hoping the rest of the album is harder sounding, though.

Bridge of Clay
06-23-2004, 12:44 PM
I don't think it's Creed. at first listen I did, but you keep hearing it and hear new details. What we liked is there and there are new additions to their own sound.

And ds, Denise (Michael's g/f) said the rest of the album is way harder! Well... I don't dig harder stuff... but it seems most of the fans do. Anyway, I loved OYE and I can't wait for what's to come!

johellion
07-02-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure yet. I have to listen to it a few more times.

My thoughts to.

Like Marcos said, My Sacrifice gave me chills the first time I heard it too. Scott's voice still gives me chills when I listen to the acoustic version of Torn. I liked just about all Creed songs the first time I heard them. The only ones that had to grow on me were Bullets and FF, but I love them now.

Anyway - we're not talking about Creed here :( . So, back to AB - I'll have to wait until the album comes out. Seems like the local stations here are not picking up on AB. They are still talking about the Creed break-up and I have yet to hear AB even mentioned.l

Well..... that is why U have to call and request the song!!! The more it is requested ...the more it will be played!!! It is rocking in Mississippi!!!! and other places as well!!!

I'mRational
07-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Great song....

Shadow
07-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Michael are you still reading this thread?

What has been the reaction in other parts of the country?

I went to Best Buy today and they had a list of August releases. AB was not on it. So I asked the guy who worked in the CD section. I asked him if AB was coming out in August. He looked at me and had no idea what I was talking about. I said "you know the guys from Creed". He goes "I have no idea what you're talking about." I told him he should - he works in the CD section.

I'm sorry to say, but I still haven't heard the song on the radio here.

Saskane
08-25-2004, 03:30 PM
i'm going to the concert in amsterdam!!! I like the music of alter bridge! but i think creed was better.. i misses Scotts voice...