Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed Press Release [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed Press Release

Shadow
06-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Just received this email:

Dear Creed Fans,

The following information will be released to the news media later today, but we wanted you to hear it first:

SCOTT STAPP AND MARK TREMONTI READY NEW MATERIAL FOR FIRST POST-CREED RELEASES

One of the most successful songwriting partnerships and groups in the history of the music business disbands after nearly a decade together.

June 4th -- After nearly a decade together, Creed has decided to disband. During their 8 years and 3 albums together (My Own Prison, Human Clay, Weathered) Creed achieved countless Rock & Roll milestones and sold over 30 million albums worldwide. With their unprecedented success at radio and their captivating live shows, Creed became one of the most successful acts to rule the charts over the past ten years.

Creed songwriter/ guitarist Mark Tremonti has decided to join forces with Creed drummer Scott Phillips, original Creed bassist Brian Marshall and former Mayfield Four singer/ songwriter Myles Kennedy. The new band, named Alter Bridge , will release their debut album on Wind-up Records on August 10th of this year. Expect a promotional acoustic tour of radio stations later this Summer, followed by a worldwide tour to begin in late August or early September.

Creed songwriter / singer Scott Stapp has been busy in the studio writing and recording over the past several months. His first post-Creed recording will be featured on an album coming on August 31st via Wind-up Records that will pool together superstar talent, as they individually offer compositions inspired by the film The Passion of the Christ. Simultaneously to tracking his contributions to the Passion title, Stapp will continue to work with producer 7 Aurelius, and has joined forces with Canadian rockers The Tea Party to work on his solo debut.

On the dissolution of Creed, Tremonti commented, “It’s kind of sad to end a chapter of your life, but it’s also exciting to be starting a new one. We’ll always be proud of the music we made with Creed, but Alter Bridge gives me the opportunity to start over with a different perspective and a more evolved direction. This band begins and ends with the love of the music.” Phillips continues, “Creed was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but I’m really excited to be starting over as well. The most significant things that we are taking from the Creed experience are the lessons that we learned. We truly believe that the decisions we’ve made for our future are the right ones. After writing and rehearsing the new material, we are confident that we’ve made the right choices.”

Stapp shared, “Creed was one of the most amazing journeys through music and friendship I am blessed to say I was a part of. I made memories I can never replace! I just want to thank the fans who supported us and became a part of the Creed experience. We could not have accomplished anything without you!(fans).”

Also in 2004, Wind-up Records will be releasing a Creed Greatest Hits compilation. Details will be made available as plans for the album take shape.

crest tattoo
06-04-2004, 09:10 AM
I got it too. :( I guess it's official now, and it doesn't look to be "solo work" anymore either. :crying:

heinzel
06-04-2004, 09:25 AM
man that sucks, creed wont come back. but the nice thing is that we are going to get three albums. altered bridge, stapp solo and the greatest hits with, i hope some new songs.

and when altered bridge is going on tour i hope they come to amsterdam.

greets Hein from Holland.
and in dutch that is, de mazzel.

aussiecreeder
06-04-2004, 09:48 AM
umm a few things from these articles apart from the obvious which reallys sucks! :(

Downshifter involving member of Slipknot?
Scott working with The Tea Party? (that is very good news they are one of the few good Canadian rock bands). Wonder if they will be writing any music for Scott?
I hope this compilation is not merely a greatest hits package because if it is I may not buy it.

Kim V.
06-04-2004, 11:03 AM
I got it too. :( I guess it's official now, and it doesn't look to be "solo work" anymore either. :crying:

Well at least we have the official word we've been waiting for all these months.....but it doesn't make it any easier; I feel like I'm in mourning. :( I do feel blessed that hubby and I got to see their very last show as a group, in Philly. I agree with what others said in another thread - let's not side with anyone in particular, but be supportive of all their ventures. At least we can still hear Tremonti's guitar genius, Flip's rockin' drum beat, and Stapp's amazing lyrics and voice, just not together! Rock on, guys, and God Bless all the guys....they gave us so much great music and alot of cool memories, and we've all made good friends here on the bb because of Creed!

Dogstar
06-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Exactly, Kim V. I'm grateful to have been at the final show as well and for the opportunity to have attended four shows. They put on one hell of a concert, that's for sure.

Hide, I don't know much about Tea Party. What are they like?

Shadow
06-04-2004, 11:24 AM
I guess this means we won't be getting our calendars

aussiecreeder
06-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Exactly, Kim V. I'm grateful to have been at the final show as well and for the opportunity to have attended four shows. They put on one hell of a concert, that's for sure.

Hide, I don't know much about Tea Party. What are they like?

they are basically a straight-up rock band similar in vein to Creed I guess but a little bit different at the same time. I wasen't aware of Scott's friendship with them but they are a solid band and its a wise move IMHO. I guess they will be writing some of the music with Scott?

TeriB19
06-04-2004, 12:57 PM
I never had my hopes up in the first place Robyn. I never even got the first one that was messed up.

JulieCitySlicker
06-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Not really a surprise for me, I was expecting this to come out eventually ;)

Now the rumors can quit flying :)

The Lithium
06-04-2004, 02:41 PM
"Even if you loved us or hated us... Remeber us!" -- Scott Phillips of Creed

Torn Daredevil
06-04-2004, 03:27 PM
"Even if you loved us or hated us... Remeber us!" -- Scott Phillips of Creed

Remeber us? What the hell is that?

Unforgiven Fan
06-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Remeber us? What the hell is that?

they want people to remember the impact of what Creed did...no matter if you like them or not...

PS>>>> I BLAME THE BREAK-UP (RIGHTFULLY SO) BECUASE OF STAPP :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

The Lithium
06-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Ask Flip, he said it to MTV.

SCOTTSMYMAN
06-04-2004, 03:35 PM
I guess this marks the end of the era we know as Creed. I was not surprised by the press release just relieved. I was glad they finally came out with the truth!

With that let me take this moment to Thank them for all they have given me and for all the beautiful people I have met because of them. I will always remember!! :hugs:

Ann Allusion
06-04-2004, 04:05 PM
My goodness...how much nicer and neutral this particular announcement is...the one put out by Wind Up...than the one done by MTV...NO ONESIDED FINGER POINTING...just basically the facts....

Ask yourself why MTV's report was so detramental?...guess Mark was PMSing...

~Ann~

Dogstar
06-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Scott chose not to participate. He could have stated his case as well. I think Mark was just being honest about how and what he felt.

PaulMcCoygirl
06-04-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm really glad that I was fortunate enough to go see them on the Weathered tour. It would have been awesome to see them again, but hey, I couldn't ask for more. I'm looking forward to the Alter Bridge cd and I can't wait to see them on tour. I'll definitely miss Creed because their songs helped me through a lot. Without Creed, I would have never met you guys, so I thank them for that. :hugs: Hey, Alter Bridge is my second chance at meeting Mark, Flip and Brian. I can't wait for them to get rolling. :)

Ann Allusion
06-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Scott chose not to participate. He could have stated his case as well. I think Mark was just being honest about how and what he felt.

right, Dogstar..and Mark will be honest with his "feelings" with anyone he can tell them to...remember the first "can of worms"...that was just honesty too, huh.

I have no problem with honesty...but i do have a problem when the person being "honest" does so at the expense of someone else and makes it look like they hold little or no fault in the situation. Stapp's choice was his, he has his reasons for doing what he does...but you will also note that anything he has said about Mark and Flip publically has always been above board without finger pointing or blame.

To continue in this manner will definitely alienate many who may have thought about supporting Mark's new project...it's best to just cut losses, shake hands, and move forward...remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

~Ann~

Steve
06-04-2004, 04:50 PM
right, Dogstar..and Mark will be honest with his "feelings" with anyone he can tell them to...remember the first "can of worms"...that was just honesty too, huh.

I have no problem with honesty...but i do have a problem when the person being "honest" does so at the expense of someone else and makes it look like they hold little or no fault in the situation. Stapp's choice was his, he has his reasons for doing what he does...but you will also note that anything he has said about Mark and Flip publically has always been above board without finger pointing or blame.

To continue in this manner will definitely alienate many who may have thought about supporting Mark's new project...it's best to just cut losses, shake hands, and move forward...remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

~Ann~

Actually, Ann, the article points out that Stapp was asked to comment but he refused. Take the article how you will, just remember that Mark has never spun anything in the past. He's told fans at meet & greets how it is and what would be happening. All that ended up being fact.

Dogstar
06-04-2004, 05:10 PM

Yeah, and it turned out he was not BSing about the breakup.

I'm not naive enough to think Mark didn't have an agenda, but maybe he was just fed up with the whole situation going nowhere. It's his perception of whatever the reality of the situation is or was. Obviously, he's going to have some feelings about that. And there ARE two sides to every story and Scott had a chance to state his. He didn't. His problem. Personally, I think Mark did what he did with as much class as possible. He could have called him names, he could have revealed whatever personal problems they were having, but he didn't. Have you read some of the garbage the former members of Pantera have said about each other publicly? Frankly, I'd rather have him at least try to explain it than be fed the BS PR spin that usually comes out with these situations. People aren't stupid. And this was a huge band. People want to know what happened.

And without the whole truth in my mind. Do you honestly believe Scott's really that magnaminous regarding the rest of the group? He's human. It's a friendship that has deteriorated and I'm sure he was just as frustrated with whatever was going on or not going on as the others were. If he chooses not to discuss it, fine. But after what he said about Chicago, I take what he says with less credence. He wasn't honest, he didn't take responsibility and that explanation was a joke. Maybe he kept quiet after taking flak for the Chicago explanation, who knows? He's very image conscious.

~Ann~

Maybe so, but he didn't alienate me. I've always been a supporter of the whole group, not one over the other. But I also don't like being BSed.

Ann Allusion
06-04-2004, 05:35 PM
People aren't stupid. And this was a huge band. People want to know what happened.

No people aren't stupid...but there is a point where descretion is necessary...not dishonesty...but descretion.

Do you honestly believe Scott's really that magnaminous regarding the rest of the group? He's human. It's a friendship that has deteriorated and I'm sure he was just as frustrated with whatever was going on or not going on as the others were. If he chooses not to discuss it, fine

yes, he is only human..but i believe he did/has used restraint and descretion in his public comments..it's sad when friendships deteriorate...very frusterating...but it is not an excuse to say what one will...then again i guess if Mark has no problem with it...that's his perogitive...just know that i would not do that to someone i was friends with...some things are just better not said.

But after what he said about Chicago, I take what he says with less credence. He wasn't honest, he didn't take responsibility and that explanation was a joke. Maybe he kept quiet after taking flak for the Chicago explanation, who knows?

exactly...who knows...

He's very image conscious.

most entertainers are...might be a lesson in that...

Maybe so, but he didn't alienate me. I've always been a supporter of the whole group, not one over the other. But I also don't like being BSed.

I've always been a supporter of the group as a whole too attempting not to separate one over the other...if the tables were turned, i would be saying the same thing for whomever was in this position...it's at this time stapp's integrity and class are standing out more to me..

~Ann~

Dogstar
06-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Well, his integrity didn't show in Chicago and what transpired after that. I prefer honesty to a sanitized, rose-colored view of things. I guess we can agree to disagree.

Ann Allusion
06-04-2004, 06:07 PM
agreed... :)

~Ann~

Jooji_2
06-04-2004, 06:22 PM

~Ann~

I've read so many posts by people who are honestly jazzed about Alterbridge...but then they have to start in with the blame game. If you are excited about what you have to look forward to....why is it necessary to then turn and say something negative about someone not even involved in the project?

I've posted at another site about getting really tired of the above scenario. Reading that MTV interview certainly hasn't changed my mind. Not saying the two of them shouldn't have been honest....you can be honest and not spin just one side of the story. The way that they went about it certainly didn't get me jazzed to buy their CD. Sorry I'm just being honest with regard to how it struck me when I read it. :wtf:

Steve
06-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Well, his integrity didn't show in Chicago and what transpired after that. I prefer honesty to a sanitized, rose-colored view of things. I guess we can agree to disagree.

agreed... :)

Why can't everyone have arguments on these forums like this? Nice, peaceful, and civil!

Dogstar
06-04-2004, 07:42 PM
:D

hayley
06-04-2004, 07:46 PM
This is a sad day...eveything I have read on here so far has made me sad! :( Weird

Guess it's just hitting home again

Higher_Desire
06-04-2004, 08:04 PM
That really sucks, but thanks for posting it.

H-D :pimp:

Bridge of Clay
06-04-2004, 08:23 PM
geez, Ann and Jooji: you're being too biased. I love Stapp to death, his voice called my attention to Creed. But he lost it... he needs to taste his medicine. But this turns to be a wake up call and Stapp can be the Stapp we know and like again. He's been living hell since weathered... Flip said he never quits his cellphone... he has a child to take care... and tons of other personal problems. Who knows the future? I don't... maybe things are happening for better things to come.

Stapp needs a well-deserved time to "understand" things.

But stopp adoring Stapp like he's some kind of God. That's what took him to this. Give him a break.

Jooji_2
06-04-2004, 11:26 PM
geez, Ann and Jooji: you're being too biased. I love Stapp to death, his voice called my attention to Creed. But he lost it... he needs to taste his medicine. But this turns to be a wake up call and Stapp can be the Stapp we know and like again. He's been living hell since weathered... Flip said he never quits his cellphone... he has a child to take care... and tons of other personal problems. Who knows the future? I don't... maybe things are happening for better things to come.

Stapp needs a well-deserved time to "understand" things.

But stopp adoring Stapp like he's some kind of God. That's what took him to this. Give him a break.

Hmmmmmm...he's been living hell since Weathered, so he need to suffer for it? Strange logic there. Actually, I think the dude "understands" alot more than anyone gives him credit for. I don't adore....I try to give everyone the same amount of respect. My respect for his former band members dipped a bit today after I read that interview. If you want biased....read it again. Sure Stapp could have responded....maybe he will someday.

I won't argue the point here with you.....we disagree. That doesn't make my point invalid. My interest in whatever Alterbridge may release takes a nose dive every time I get into one of these conversations. :D

Shadow
06-04-2004, 11:47 PM
I'm trying to remain on the level here. But I think it is okay for me to say that I don't care for Mark's comments at all. Why couldn't he have just said that they wanted to go in seperate directions. And just leave it at that. Mark's comment about "getting together two or three times and nothing happened" would have been fine and all we needed to know. Reading about the Weathered tour just brought back too many painful memories (for me).

Whatever happened, what's done is done and I thank Scott and Mark for making such great music. Scott's lyrics mean so much. Creed was special and will always be special to me.

I'm sure Scott will come out with his own statement. He has his own PR person, whom I'm sure will not let this go too long without some word from Scott.

Dani
06-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Reading all this has brought a tear to my eye, even though I knew it was coming and I had pretty much already accepted it, now that it's official it's still a little hard to swallow.

I'll just add my thanks to Creed, for their music which has touched and inspired me (and gotten me through hard times) and if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't have discovered Rock music. Seeing them in concert when they came to Sydney was one of the best nights of my life, I won’t forget it.

Looking to the future, I can't wait to hear Alterbridge and Scott Stapps work (come to Australia guys, please) I will continue to support all of them in anything they do. Rock on and peace.

Gabriel
06-05-2004, 12:18 AM
First, let me explain to you, Shadow, that the quotes taken in the article were from the sit down interview from MTV. In that interview (that was two hours long) Mark was asked many, many direct questions. In the article, you don't see the questions asked, just his answers. I think that Mark and Flip handled the interview with honesty, without throwing stones at Stapp. And just so you know Stapp was given every opportunity to do this interview, MTV was set to fly down to Miami the next day to interview him, and he wanted nothing to do with it. I'm sorry you don't see the article in a postive light, and I respect your opinion as such. What you saw in the article, as you well know, was very, very restrained and watered down version of the truth compared to what could have been said. On another note, I recieved your pm but have yet to respond but I will in time. As you can see things have been a little crazy recently. Take care.

Michael

RockGoddess
06-05-2004, 07:48 AM
He's told fans at meet & greets how it is and what would be happening. All that ended up being fact

Thank you.

Ann Allusion
06-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Michael says in reguards to the interview that was the source for the MTV article:

Mark was asked many, many direct questions.

And i'm sure his answers were just as direct as the questions...and tho we know the media can put a "spin" on anything they want...some ANSWERS tend to speak for themselves...

again...discretion is the better part of valour...

And just so you know Stapp was given every opportunity to do this interview, MTV was set to fly down to Miami the next day to interview him, and he wanted nothing to do with it.

Good for him...he will say what needs to be said when he is ready, in my opinion...and silence doesn't always mean what some may perceive it to mean...there is no fault in possibly choosing who you will or won't give an interview to and when...if at all...:)

~Ann~

Gabriel
06-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Although I think MTV did an awesome job with the article, I found out something interesting last night. I did not see the interview myself when it was actually being shot. I was talking to Mark last night about it, trying to find out what else was said that had not been aired yet. He actually told me that he said quite a few complimentary things about Stapp throughout the interview and not one of them ended up in the article.

Michael

RockGoddess
06-05-2004, 12:16 PM
You know, each of us is going to take what we want from this. And I think thany many of us will never see eye to eye on the subject; that's what keeps it interesting. Discretion is the better part of valor and therefore:

What you saw in the article, as you well know, was very, very restrained and watered down version of the truth compared to what could have been said.

Not only do I believe that Mark was not pointing fingers, he was actually covering Stapp's ass. Again. He did Stapp a huge favor. This is not some arbitrary slam against Stapp on my part so please don't take it that way, but I was at Chicago, on the rail, feet from the man and saw it all for myself. Please believe me when I tell you he covered Stapp's ass in that interview.

My opinion of course.

ctfan
06-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Hello everyone, I've been here a few days, reading around the different forums, and this is my first post so I hope I'm doing it correctly :) I just wanted to say that I realize everyone has different views and thoughts about yesterday's interview and everyone will percieve it in different ways...but I have to agree with Jooji2, Shadow and Ann Allusion, my thoughts are basically the same.

RockGoddess
06-05-2004, 12:18 PM
That's a shame Michael that those comments were cut. :(

TeriB19
06-05-2004, 12:26 PM
I can't say that I'm surprised that the complimentary comments about Stapp were cut. MTV is going to make things look as controversial as they can for ratings.

Ann Allusion
06-05-2004, 12:57 PM
I was talking to Mark last night about it, trying to find out what else was said that had not been aired yet. He actually told me that he said quite a few complimentary things about Stapp throughout the interview and not one of them ended up in the article.

Didn't Mark see the interview, or read the article before they were aired/printed?....I know if it was me, i would insist on being given the right to "OK" the final drafts before they became public knowledge...and this would be done as part of the stipulations before i said one word to the interviewer...call it personal insurance that my words would not be taken out of context or misquoted.

Something else...i would have thought by now that Mark would have realized how biased MTV was with Creed...and would have learned from previous experience.

Either way...what was said was said and it's water under Alter Bridge.

~Ann~

Dogstar
06-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Didn't Mark see the interview, or read the article before they were aired/printed?....I know if it was me, i would insist on being given the right to "OK" the final drafts before they became public knowledge...and this would be done as part of the stipulations before i said one word to the interviewer...call it personal insurance that my words would not be taken out of context or misquoted.

It doesn't work that way in the print or television news. Originally, that intent was to keep the reporting as objective and fair as possible so that the subject of the news would not skew it to his or her advantage. It's called a free press. The *news* business these days certainly doesn't operate with fairness in mind anymore. I've been in it for 20-plus years and much of the integrity and fairness that people at least tried to hold onto is now gone. Still, under what purports to be a free press, what you would insist upon would be considered censorship.

Bridge of Clay
06-05-2004, 01:59 PM
To Jooji and Shadow:

I never said Stapp has to suffer more. What I meant, and I understand it didn't sound the way it was supposed to, is that Stapp's singing gave hope and love for so many that he didn't get any. He helped a lot of people in a way or the other, and he needs help now, but it seems he doesn't want to be helped.

I hope all of this comes to the best of his person, because he's changed to the worst, wanting it or not. I do hope we see the old smiling Stapp again.

And this is MTV... of course they would cut the complimentary parts because they'll love to blame it on Stapp, who openly says he dislikes MTV.

I like the way Mark and Flip managed the interview, they didn't throw any stone on Stapp from my point of view.

Ann Allusion
06-05-2004, 02:19 PM
and once again...everybody will end up agreeing to disagree...;)

Dogstar, in reguards to your comment...since you have been around the media business for so long and know what it can be like...one can OK a final draft of an interview/article and it can still remain objective, fair and honest...with the way the media is today....all the more reason to make sure one is not misquoted...right?

I'm sure that if ALL the props given Stapp were left out of the final cut of the interview and the article, as Michael said he was told, that something will be said and done about it...i do hope i am correct in thinking such a thing will happen...

Because to say nothing and let it slide as "just another media thing"....is akin to agreeing with them and the way they presented it...using the media as an excuse would be inexcusable. (this not only applies in this case, but in all cases where the media abuses it's power)...:)

~Ann~

Dogstar
06-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Ann, it's absolutely and unequivocably unethtical for a reporter to ever let the subject of his news article grant any kind of approval or disapproval let alone even see it before it is printed or broadcast. Again, this is one of the tenets of a free, fair and unencumbered press. This is meant to prevent the abuse of power by government to control freedom of speech. A reporter could get fired for doing it. I've seen it happen.

Unfortunately, the way the media have evolved, fair isn't always part of the equation. Teri's right, the complimentary comments Mark may have made likely won't see the light of day because they're not juicy enough. The line between news and entertainment is so blurred now. Sad, but true. Mark can say all he wants, positive or otherwise, but if MTV doesn't want to air it, that's its prerogative. Again, sad, but true. He'll have to find another medium through which to do it.

Gabriel
06-05-2004, 02:43 PM
You hit the nail on the head with everything you said Dogstar. Although I still want to reiterate that I think that, even without the positive comments added, MTV did a great job with the article.

Michael

Ann Allusion
06-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Thank you for being so concise in your explanation, Dog Star...but after the Creed experiences with MTV, it would have been quite naieve of Mark not to expect something like that to happen...i believe he chose his source well...as Michaels comment clearly illustrates:

Although I still want to reiterate that I think that, even without the positive comments added, MTV did a great job with the article.

~Ann~

Dogstar
06-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Thank you for being so concise in your explanation, Dog Star...but after the Creed experiences with MTV, it would have been quite nieve of Mark not to expect something like that to happen...

Which is why I think he showed considerable restraint given the situation. He really could have trashed him if he wanted to, whether what he said was true or not, but he didn't.

i believe he chose his source well...as Michaels comment clearly illustrates
That may be, but it's not as if the New York Times would be so interested in the breakup of Creed (though it did make the web headlines :D). MTV does have an audience that does listen to music and thus, would be interested.

It's kind of funny to me, given that MTV wouldn't give Creed the time of day at the outset and now they were probably foaming at the mouth for anything negative they could get on Creed. It could have been a lot worse for Scott S in that respect had Mark gone the Pantera route and just totally trashed him.

Ann Allusion
06-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Dogsatar....

i believe he chose his source well...as Michaels comment clearly illustrates

this comment can be taken another way as well...and tho Mark did not go the "Pantera route"...he gave them just enough ammo...;)

~Ann~

Dogstar
06-05-2004, 04:01 PM
I know what you meant. And I don't profess to be naive enough to think he didn't have a plan. Publicity of any kind is good when you're starting something new.

Jooji_2
06-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Actually....I think Stapp was the smart one in turning down the interview with MTV. The music media has butchered most of what Stapp has ever said to make it spin their way, not Stapp's or Creed's.....the dude knows exactly what would have come out of an interview with them.....a nice "they said"....."he said" juicy article....that MTV would have obviously skewed negative in Stapp's favor. I hope that when he does have something to say it's in a more reputable forum than MTV News. MTV kinda strikes me as the "National Enquirer" of the music press.

You would have thought that thought would have entered his former bandmates minds when they agreed to do their interview..

As for a free and unbiased press.....everyone remember Jayson "if I don't wanna take the time to look for the truth....I'll just make it up" Blair? And he worked for the New York Times....not everything you read is just what it appears to be.

Too bad....all that positive stuff that was said will never see the light of day........ :wtf:

Gabriel
06-05-2004, 04:28 PM
I disagree with you Jooji in that I think it was a huge blunder on Stapp's part not to get his side out. I think that if Stapp had done that the article might have taken a more positive turn. I also hope you watch the MTV news segment that airs at 5:50pm eastern. It is a full 2 min segment where MTV basically says that Mark took the high road when it came to speaking about Scott. Also more clips of the interview are aired as well as mention about the situation with Brian being back. MTV also states in this segment that Stapp was asked "numerous times" to be interviewed but declined. Check it out and see what you think.

Michael

Ann Allusion
06-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Publicity of any kind is good when you're starting something new.

even if it is at the expense of another?...but of course the ends justify the means...and any "reason" is better than no "reason" at all...and so it goes...sad but unfortunately true in the world of today...and someday maybe understanding will dawn on them that everything they do/say is connected to the universe in one way or another and will come back to them eventually, in one form or another.

but i believe there are still people of integrity around and at the end of the day...it's those people that can look at themselves in the mirror and know that they listened to their hearts...and did the best they could. :)

later
~peace

~Ann~
a.k.a. M.O.M/Cdm2
(maintaining my integrity)

Shadow
06-05-2004, 05:20 PM
He actually told me that he said quite a few complimentary things about Stapp throughout the interview and not one of them ended up in the article.
It doesn't surprise me that MTV would do that. Like Teri and Dogstar said, they want it to be controversial. The media can take a rain shower and turn it into a hurricane if they wanted.

And Michael, in regard to your post last night - okay - I look forward to receiving a pm back from you, or, if you prefer, you can email me at weatheredshadow@cs.com (Thank you for letting me know you read it)

To Jooji and Shadow:

I never said Stapp has to suffer more. What I meant, and I understand it didn't sound the way it was supposed to, is that Stapp's singing gave hope and love for so many that he didn't get any. He helped a lot of people in a way or the other, and he needs help now, but it seems he doesn't want to be helped.

I hope all of this comes to the best of his person, because he's changed to the worst, wanting it or not. I do hope we see the old smiling Stapp again.

And this is MTV... of course they would cut the complimentary parts because they'll love to blame it on Stapp, who openly says he dislikes MTV.

I like the way Mark and Flip managed the interview, they didn't throw any stone on Stapp from my point of view.

Marcos, I don't think I ever took what you said out of context. In another thread I did read that you said you would support him, in light of what's come out. I hope that the true Creed fans will support Scott. I have been a fan since the beginning, so I do tend to cut Scott alot of slack. I still listen to Creed on a daily basis.

Everyone is entitled to feel differently. And I am very, very impressed that no one has been arguing (like a few weeks ago).

Dogstar
06-05-2004, 05:28 PM
even if it is at the expense of another?...but of course the ends justify the means...and any "reason" is better than no "reason" at all...and so it goes

I'm not saying it's right; I'm just saying that's the mind-set in the entertainment world.

but i believe there are still people of integrity around and at the end of the day...it's those people that can look at themselves in the mirror and know that they listened to their hearts...and did the best they could. :)

There aren't many of those people in the entertainment world, sad to say. It's a vicious existence, if you ask me. I think those people with the passion to pursue their art have a very rough road, despite the good fortune that comes with it. Our country is obsessed with celebrity and what goes along with it. I would think living like that could suck the life right out of a person.

SistahSami
06-05-2004, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=Ann Allusion]right, Dogstar..and Mark will be honest with his "feelings" with anyone he can tell them to...remember the first "can of worms"...that was just honesty too, huh.

Yes, it was, and everything he told us that night in Nov. is true. It is official now Creed is no more. The man doesn't lie or twist the truth, he has no need too.

"Actually, Ann, the article points out that Stapp was asked to comment but he refused. Take the article how you will, just remember that Mark has never spun anything in the past. He's told fans at meet & greets how it is and what would be happening. All that ended up being fact."

Thank you Steve, I really appreciate you saying that.

Gabriel
06-05-2004, 06:32 PM
I will reply as soon as I can Shadow. As a side note, I hope you can carry a message for me. I am recieving emails that I am being talked about at the passionbreedsfollowers bb where I have been banned. Here is what was said..

"Yes siree bob Anita...that old double standard that Scott and his fans are always held up to.
Sounds like michael doing his normal and only job of pr...and I hear serious back peddling...and the sound of Scott fans everywhere slamming their doors on ab."

This was posted by a woman or man named Frankie. I find the comment pretty funny and I would love to hear what issue it is that I am back peddling on. If you could, please invite her over here for a cheerful and spirited debate, where I may at least defend myself, and she or he can give me an update on all those crazy doors slamming since I guess she has the pulse of Stapp fans everywhere.

Michael

Shadow
06-05-2004, 06:36 PM
I will reply as soon as I can Shadow. As a side note, I hope you can carry a message for me. I am recieving emails that I am being talked about at the passionbreedsfollowers bb where I have been banned. Here is what was said..

I will relay the message.

RockGoddess
06-05-2004, 06:43 PM
L M F A O !!!!!!!!!

And yes Steve, thank you again. Sami and I were at that meet & greet, and Mark has not changed any of what he has said. He has been honest and told the truth from day one. And sometimes the truth hurts.

SistahSami
06-05-2004, 06:49 PM
L M F A O !!!!!!!!!

And yes Steve, thank you again. Sami and I were at that meet & greet, and Mark has not changed any of what he has said. He has been honest and told the truth from day one. And sometimes the truth hurts.

Yep, but "the truth will set you free" now they can speak freely and do so as they have with class!

Go Michael! LOL

Gabriel
06-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Sorry, I'm feeling pretty chatty today. Here is something I still don't understand... why is it that everyone tries to make this out to be a Mark vs. Scott thing? Last time I checked Brian and Flip were not chained up in the recording studio. They are doing Alter Bridge of thier own free will as are Creed's former managers, Creed's former accountants, Creed's former production crew, Creed's former tour manager, sound man, bodyguards, guitar techs, monitor people, and I could go on. Many, many people have rallied around Alter Bridge because they believe , as I do, in the passion and the quality of the music to come. This is not a conspiracy, folks. I think that any fan of Creed will completely fall in love with these new songs. I have not heard Stapp's stuff yet, but if he is indeed truly working with the Tea Party, I think it will be awesome. I have all the respect in the world for the Tea Party guys and if you haven't checked out one of thier CD's yet you are missing out because they rock!!

Michael

Dogstar
06-05-2004, 07:03 PM
I don't understand the taking of sides, either, Michael, but for some reason, it happens. Creed wouldn't have been Creed without the contributions of all of the members.

Gabriel
06-05-2004, 07:19 PM
The other thing I don't understand is all this who is classier? Mark or Scott? Who really took the high road? While I'm sure it's very entertaining to debate there is a simple truth to this. Mark and Scott are two different people with two different personalities. Scott is more careful, always choosing his words and very concious of his public image, while Mark is more straight up publicly. Is either bad? I don't think so. I think we, as people, tend to identify with them differently based on how our personalities are. Some like Stapps public image because he is safe and almost gallant while others like Mark because he reminds you of the guy next door who is honest and hard working. It comes down to the simple fact that these guys are adults and are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves. If Stapp has a problem with anything Mark or Flip or me or anyone else said ...well he has all our #'s. I'm sure he'd call us. So lets not try to get bent out of shape about all of this. I'ts over. Creed is done and now we have all kinds of cool music from these guys to look foreward to.

Michael

Gabriel
06-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Phew, I'm going to head to the studio to watch Alter Bridge record, kick my feet up, and have a beer. Have a nice evening everyone. Oh by the way, if anyone wants to paste my recent posts over at PBF bb, since I can't, you have my permission. Maybe they'll see I'm not such a bad guy after all, maybe they'll still dislike me, who knows. Have a nice evening everyone.

Michael

SistahSami
06-05-2004, 07:28 PM
"The other thing I don't understand is all this who is classier? Mark or Scott? Who really took the high road?"

I don't know if this was directed to me or not, but I want to clarify what I meant. By the interviews I have seen I think that he has showed alot of class, and tact on his former band mate. Just want to make sure that I am understood.

I don't want to bicker, or put anyone up higher than anyone else. I agree when Stapp's music comes out, I will be listening to it.

I wish all of them well, and good luck in the future what ever it is they do.

Enjoy your night Michael! I can't wait to I can hear it too!

RockGoddess
06-05-2004, 07:29 PM
My remarks were in response to Steve.

I have not chosen sides; I wish both men equal success.

But as someone who was at the meet & greet, knows what she was told and was not mistaken in what she heard, and has stood by it since last November despite the nasty remarks and name calling, it was refreshing to be backed up. For once.

SistahSami
06-05-2004, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=RockGoddess]My remarks were in response to Steve.

I have not chosen sides; I wish both men equal success.

But as someone who was at the meet & greet, knows what she was told and was not mistaken in what she heard, and has stood by it since last November despite the nasty remarks and name calling, it was refreshing to be backed up. For once.

Amen to that Licia! :)

Higher_Desire
06-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Sorry, I'm feeling pretty chatty today. Here is something I still don't understand... why is it that everyone tries to make this out to be a Mark vs. Scott thing? Last time I checked Brian and Flip were not chained up in the recording studio.
IMO, It has become a Mark vs. Scott thing because they're the only two we ever hear from. It's not exactly a well-kept secret that Stapp's head has gotten larger over the years, and Mark gives updates when he sees fans and they ask him (or so it seems). Scott Phillips, Brian Marshall, Myles Kennedy, and Brett Hestla all seem to be extremly quit on the whole topic.

They are doing Alter Bridge of thier own free will as are Creed's former managers, Creed's former accountants, Creed's former production crew, Creed's former tour manager, sound man, bodyguards, guitar techs, monitor people, and I could go on.
By any chance, do any of them have an opening for an experienced lighting & sound tech, security personnel, or roadie? :rolleyes:

Many, many people have rallied around Alter Bridge because they believe , as I do, in the passion and the quality of the music to come. This is not a conspiracy, folks. I think that any fan of Creed will completely fall in love with these new songs.
That's what I'm hoping for.

I have not heard Stapp's stuff yet, but if he is indeed truly working with the Tea Party, I think it will be awesome. I have all the respect in the world for the Tea Party guys and if you haven't checked out one of thier CD's yet you are missing out because they rock!!

Michael
Who the heck is Tea Party? :wtf: I've never heard of them. Do you think you may get to hear some of his stuff in the not to extremely distant future?

Phew, I'm going to head to the studio to watch Alter Bridge record, kick my feet up, and have a beer.
Want some company? :D I'd be happy to chill with you at the studio!

H-D :pimp:

Shadow
06-05-2004, 08:03 PM
as are Creed's former managers, Creed's former accountants, Creed's former production crew, Creed's former tour manager, sound man, bodyguards, guitar techs, monitor people, and I could go on. Many, many people have rallied around Alter Bridge because they believe , as I do, in the passion and the quality of the music to come.
They also needed jobs because Creed disbanded. :lolsign:

Dogstar
06-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Heh, :D

Bridge of Clay
06-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Michael, I'm with ya. I don't get this side taking, I wish equally all of them well

Bridge of Clay
06-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Marcos, I don't think I ever took what you said out of context.

I know. But when I read my post again today I didn't like the way it sounded. I'm having trouble picking the right words. You know this subject is delicated and I want to do it right.

But as I said, I wish Alter Bridge and Stapp all the best! I'll dig their music, no matter what happened. What's done is done.

Jooji_2
06-05-2004, 08:40 PM
I disagree with you Jooji in that I think it was a huge blunder on Stapp's part not to get his side out. I think that if Stapp had done that the article might have taken a more positive turn. I also hope you watch the MTV news segment that airs at 5:50pm eastern. It is a full 2 min segment where MTV basically says that Mark took the high road when it came to speaking about Scott. Also more clips of the interview are aired as well as mention about the situation with Brian being back. MTV also states in this segment that Stapp was asked "numerous times" to be interviewed but declined. Check it out and see what you think.

Michael

Dude.....I read the article....I don't need to watch the video. If he took the high road.....I'd hate to hear what taking the low road would have been. Like I said...Stapp would know how an interview with MTV would turn out. Kinda like all the others he's done with MTV. I hope he'll look for a more unbiased forum to air his side of the story...that is, if there is an unbiased forum when it comes to Stapp.....I'm beginning to wonder why the hell that is??????? Sorry....I'm being honest about how what I read came across to me.....I'm not the only one. I realize going on first impressions isn't always fair....but in this case I think I got the message,loud and clear....I'm sad to say. I wasn't impressed.

Shadow
06-05-2004, 08:51 PM
I know. But when I read my post again today I didn't like the way it sounded. I'm having trouble picking the right words. You know this subject is delicated and I want to do it right.

But as I said, I wish Alter Bridge and Stapp all the best! I'll dig their music, no matter what happened. What's done is done.
It is a delicate subject Marcos. However, I think the tension is now gone because the announcement was finally made. I hesitate and read and re-read what I write before I post it. Each of us has our own opinion and things get said and rub people the wrong way. I know I've gotten into a couple of battles about it. (Mainly because of the way I defend Stapp). But since yesterday, everything really has taken a different "feel". It's been a pleasure to come here (since yesterday) and "debate" as opposed to argue. :D

SistahSami
06-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Dude.....I read the article....I don't need to watch the video. If he took the high road.....I'd hate to hear what taking the low road would have been. Like I said...Stapp would know how an interview with MTV would turn out. Kinda like all the others he's done with MTV. I hope he'll look for a more unbiased forum to air his side of the story...that is, if there is an unbiased forum when it comes to Stapp.....I'm beginning to wonder why the hell that is??????? Sorry....I'm being honest about how what I read came across to me.....I'm not the only one. I realize going on first impressions isn't always fair....but in this case I think I got the message,loud and clear....I'm sad to say. I wasn't impressed.

What about the Abhrams Report? Maybe he could do one with them again.

goddess_bb
06-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Dude.....I read the article....I don't need to watch the video.

okay..I hate when I am lost..where in the hell is the article, Jooji? I would appreciate if you would post the link or pm me please. I will not be able to watch the interviews or whatever the next one that comes on is at 3:30 am.. love the boys but even I have limits..lol.

I just want to say though that I think that it is so cool that Michael has truly has Mark's back...family can be great that way. Good for them both.

I am looking foward to any music that comes any of the former members of Creed. :D

Shadow
06-05-2004, 09:09 PM
okay..I hate when I am lost..where in the hell is the article, Jooji? I would appreciate if you would post the link or pm me please. I will not be able to watch the interviews or whatever the next one that comes on is at 3:30 am.. love the boys but even I have limits..lol.

I just want to say though that I think that it is so cool that Michael has truly has Mark's back...family can be great that way. Good for them both.

I am looking foward to any music that comes any of the former members of Creed. :D

It's the MTV article. Teri started the thread - "Official MTV Story". Here's the link for it (the article) MTV Article (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1488149/20040603/creed.jhtml?headlines=true)

goddess_bb
06-05-2004, 09:25 PM
It's the MTV article. Teri started the thread - "Official MTV Story". Here's the link for it (the article) MTV Article (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1488149/20040603/creed.jhtml?headlines=true)

Thanks- Shadow I just came from there when I saw your post...I appreciate your effort...

So now that I feel that I am caught up...may I add that what Mark said came as no big real big surprise to me so I didn't find it to be that derogatory. From what we heard from the media the last year of Creed...seems to follow what Mark said...

In my opinion and only my opinion, I was rather disappointed in the Weathered album...it was very uninspiring..I felt like it was the same song repeated..my point is not to bash but to point out that maybe it is true what Mark said about "holding eachother back". Here are two extremly talented people who were not meeting their potencial together anymore...
So I am not sad about the Creed break-up and I totally believe in Altar Bridge...Rock on Mark, Scott and Bryan..and now Myles..I am already a fan and I have not heard anything yet...go figure.. ;)

Jooji_2
06-05-2004, 09:36 PM

Goddess.....go to www.mtv.com

Its on the news page...yesterday right up front and center...don't know if its still there today or not.

goddess_bb
06-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks- Shadow I just came from there when I saw your post...I appreciate your effort...
So now that I feel that I am caught up...may I add that what Mark said came as no big real big surprise to me so I didn't find it to be that derogatory. From what we heard from the media the last year of Creed...seems to follow what Mark said...

In my opinion and only my opinion, I was rather disappointed in the Weathered album...it was very uninspiring..I felt like it was the same song repeated..my point is not to bash but to point out that maybe it is true what Mark said about "holding eachother back". Here are two extremly talented people who were not meeting their potencial together anymore...
So I am not sad about the Creed break-up and I totally believe in Altar Bridge...Rock on Mark, Scott and Bryan..and now Myles..I am already a fan and I have not heard anything yet...go figure.. ;)

I got it Jooji...thank you!!

Bridge of Clay
06-05-2004, 10:37 PM
But since yesterday, everything really has taken a different "feel". It's been a pleasure to come here (since yesterday) and "debate" as opposed to argue. :D

Yes, same here! :)

Jooji_2
06-06-2004, 12:11 AM
What about the Abhrams Report? Maybe he could do one with them again.

I'm sure he'd grant an interview to somebody who hadn't already misquoted him before.....I always heard that Stapp actually taped all of his interviews because he was misquoted so often.....you can't expect someone who's words are habitually taken out of context to trust anybody, especially MTV....I wouldn't if it were me.

Shadow
06-06-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm sure he'd grant an interview to somebody who hadn't already misquoted him before.....I always heard that Stapp actually taped all of his interviews because he was misquoted so often.....you can't expect someone who's words are habitually taken out of context to trust anybody, especially MTV....I wouldn't if it were me.
I never heard that he prefered to tape his interviews. But, I do remember him saying he would prefer to do an interview that's in front of a camera, as opposed to an article that's just in print (because he didn't want to be misquoted).

It's not a secret how Scott felt about MTV. MTV never supported Creed. The only time I ever remember seeing Creed on there was when they were doing the Making The Video for My Sacrifice. MTV doesn't play rock. I doubt you will ever see them play AB (with the exception of a premiere video). MTV2 is a better forum for rock music, as is VH1 and Fuse.

Steve
06-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Im not defending MTV because I don't like it, but they do play rock. During the normal hours it's mixed in with all the rap/pop crap. Towards the nighttime they have an hour show for rock videos and even mix in more rock during the over-night show.

hockeymom97
06-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Phew, I'm going to head to the studio to watch Alter Bridge record, kick my feet up, and have a beer. Have a nice evening everyone. Oh by the way, if anyone wants to paste my recent posts over at PBF bb, since I can't, you have my permission. Maybe they'll see I'm not such a bad guy after all, maybe they'll still dislike me, who knows. Have a nice evening everyone.

Michael

Michael,

I wouldn't even waste my time defending yourself. I have been over at PBF just to see what is up with Scott and his new projects and I have made a few comments on the whole interview and how the press puts their own spin on things and to please not take sides. It doesn't matter over there. They worship Scott over there and thats fine, thats how they feel, but any debate will not change their minds. They all know how to reach you if they truely wanted to discuss this with you. In my opinion this is just another thing for them to lift Scott higher up on this pedistol they have built for him.

Concentrate your efforts the way you are, by giving the fans who truely want to hear the updates on Alter Bridge and are just as excited as you are about the new beginnings.

Take Care,
Melissa

edited for spelling.

OneOmerta
06-06-2004, 12:45 PM
And yet again....PBF is brought into a discussion on another board. Why the obsession with what is said at PBF? And just so you know...I've not read over there in a day or so, been quite busy myself...so I don't know what has been said...but who cares if they are discussing what Mark said in the interview...and how it appears to THEM? I will never understand the need to drag other bb's into discussions that have nothing to do with the original topic...and then tear them down for seeing things they way they see it.

I see things posted all the time on various bb's...including this one.....but I don't go running back to my bb and bring it into a discussion in order to tear people down and cause more unneccessary drama.

hockeymom97
06-06-2004, 12:55 PM
And yet again....PBF is brought into a discussion on another board. Why the obsession with what is said at PBF? And just so you know...I've not read over there in a day or so, been quite busy myself...so I don't know what has been said...but who cares if they are discussing what Mark said in the interview...and how it appears to THEM? I will never understand the need to drag other bb's into discussions that have nothing to do with the original topic...and then tear them down for seeing things they way they see it.

I see things posted all the time on various bb's...including this one.....but I don't go running back to my bb and bring it into a discussion in order to tear people down and cause more unneccessary drama.

I'm not tearing them down. My post below clearly states how they feel is fine.

They worship Scott over there and thats fine, thats how they feel, but any debate will not change their minds

And in all honesty it started because someone took a quote from here from Michael and posted it over there.

I do read over there to see what is up with Scott because I do think that he is a very talented man and am looking foward to hearing his new stuff.

My post to Michael was not intended to tear anyone down or start any more drama. Quite the opposite. They clearly don't want to hear what Michael or anyone from Alter Bridge has to say, from the comments on their board regarding the comment from Michael posted over there from here.

Sorry if it came across another way to anyone, that was not my intent.

Wound
06-06-2004, 01:18 PM
I must say, it really hurts in my heart to know that Creed never will come back (i hope they will).
It was Creed who made me listen to Rock music.
Creeds music helped me very much in "bad times".
We must go on but never forget Creed, one of the best bands of all time.

Wound

Shadow
06-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Im not defending MTV because I don't like it, but they do play rock. During the normal hours it's mixed in with all the rap/pop crap. Towards the nighttime they have an hour show for rock videos and even mix in more rock during the over-night show.
Makes me wonder if you ever sleep Steve.

And in all honesty it started because someone took a quote from here from Michael and posted it over there.
You have this out of context. Michaels quote was posted by Frankie, whom I forwarded a PM to. Just to make something clear, it just wasn't "taken by someone" it was taken by me and given to Frankie (per Michael's request). So, please do not get in the middle of something you know nothing about.

And as far as worshiping Scott - I think the word worship is a bit extreme. It's a Scott Stapp BB, so of course that's what they'll talk about and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I have very, very rarely seen Mark or Michael's name even mentioned - they are just not a topic of conversation. I'm sure it's the same at AB's websites- no need to talk about Scott there.

hockeymom97
06-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Michaels quote was posted by Frankie, whom I forwarded a PM to (per Micheals request). Frankie would like the person who sent Michael the original post about him - to send him the whole post, not just bits and pieces.

This was not the quote that started this whole subject. I believe that it was posted by creedmom02 at PBF and that is where Frankie made the comment yes sirree bob..... and there was not comment in that thread that said complimentary things about Michael as was stated, nor were there derrogitory except for that one sentence. And the yes sireee bob came after my post of how the press likes to put their own spin on things and I was sure that some comments were either misquoted and left out. So I do feel I am not involving myself in something I don't know anything about, because my post was the 1st or 2nd reply to the comment copied from Michael.

As far as PBF and how they worship stapp, that is my view. I doesn't matter to me if that is how they feel. That is their perogotive (sp?) and their board and I respect that. I like to read the updates on him because he is very talented as I stated before and they seem to have current information. I stay quiet there also, but I do defend or comment what I believe in.

If my whole post was read, I was not trying to start trouble but to avoid it. It's not worth it. PBF has their world that they are looking forward to with Stapps new music and Micheal is excited about AB. My point was, everyone has their own views and lets just look foward to whats to come from ALL.

Shadow
06-06-2004, 03:21 PM
We're talking about two different quotes. I thought you were referring to the post put up by Frankie today, with the post from here that I forwarded to her.

Forget it - I'm too tired and too confused to reverse any of this. Let it rest in peace.

PBF = Scott Stapp

AB = Mark Tremonti

End of story.

hockeymom97
06-06-2004, 03:27 PM
We're talking about two different quotes. I thought you were referring to the post put up by Frankie today, with the post from here that I forwarded to her.

Forget it - I'm too tired and too confused to reverse any of this. Let it rest in peace.

PBF = Scott Stapp

AB = Mark Tremonti

End of story.

No problem. Just wanted to clarify what post I was referring to. All is good here.

Steve
06-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Makes me wonder if you ever sleep Steve.

Sleep? What's sleep? :confused: :D