Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp will be missing Mark!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp will be missing Mark!!!

creedman
05-28-2004, 08:07 PM
I wonder who will be playing guitar for his music? I cant imagine he will be anywhere in Marks league! He probably knows it too.

aussiecreeder
05-28-2004, 08:17 PM
I wonder who will be playing guitar for his music? I cant imagine he will be anywhere in Marks league! He probably knows it too.

obviously it almost certainly will not be someone in mark's league! its not going to be creed lite. he's having that r and b influence and it probably will be more stripped back then creed as well, some acoustic stuff. why start such a thread other then to cause trouble? he probably has a backing band of sorts and perhaps a dj???????

Bridge of Clay
05-28-2004, 08:21 PM
oh, boy.. here we go again! :(

Echelon122
05-28-2004, 11:41 PM
Whoever he gets will probably suit the musical direction Stapp's going.

Past that....get a grip kid.

tremontirocks!
05-29-2004, 12:10 AM
Maybe he will link up with that evanescence guitarist :rolleyes:

ibleedpurple
05-29-2004, 01:45 AM
He's hittin the road with Snoop, Luda, D12, and Rick James. You heard it here first. :)

aussiecreeder
05-29-2004, 06:15 AM
Maybe he will link up with that evanescence guitarist :rolleyes:

oh he better not, well at least not in a song-writing capacity. the man writes stuff for avril lavigne and that idol chick for goodness sakes.

TeriB19
05-29-2004, 10:48 AM
He's hittin the road with Snoop, Luda, D12, and Rick James. You heard it here first. :)
He's a superfreak, superfreak, he's superfreaky, yah.

Shadow
05-29-2004, 12:32 PM
oh, boy.. here we go again! :(
Ditto............

Can't we just drop subjects like this and keep Stapp's solo project seperate from Alter Bridge.

Whoever he gets will probably suit the musical direction Stapp's going.

Past that....get a grip kid.
(Don't faint) I actually agree with you on this one Erin.

BTW - THANK YOU Mulletman for your "annoucement".

Dogstar
05-29-2004, 01:51 PM
He's a superfreak, superfreak, he's superfreaky, yah.
:laugh:

Echelon122
05-29-2004, 02:21 PM
oh he better not, well at least not in a song-writing capacity. the man writes stuff for avril lavigne and that idol chick for goodness sakes.

Didn't he just help Avril out with the music aspect of it? *shrug*

Ben Moody's a great guitarist, but for the direction Stapp's said he's going, he woudln't fit that.

I'm gonna guess that for the album, it'll be mostly studio musicians, unless he gets people to like "guest spot" for songs. As for the road? Who knows.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ibleedpurple) He's hittin the road with Snoop, Luda, D12, and Rick James. You heard it here first.

Teri -- He's a superfreak, superfreak, he's superfreaky, yah.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH Now there's a hella tour fo' shizzle

Higher_Desire
05-29-2004, 05:59 PM
I've read some interviews and heard Scott say on TV (possibly when he was on Kilborn) that he was talking to Lenny Kravitz about doing guitar for him on the album. He said that he and Lenny live down the street from each other.

H-D :)

aussiecreeder
05-29-2004, 11:27 PM
I've read some interviews and heard Scott say on TV (possibly when he was on Kilborn) that he was talking to Lenny Kravitz about doing guitar for him on the album. He said that he and Lenny live down the street from each other.

H-D :)

i think he said he might play bass on his album, so some guest spots like that would be great. he will probably have studio muscians or a band with a low profile as his backing band. as for ben moody i believe he wrote a couple of the songs for avril (music only i think) so anyone that writes for avril is not allowed near stapp's music! :eek: he is a good guitarist though........

Bridge of Clay
05-30-2004, 11:32 AM

Who are them? Are you serious?

Shadow
05-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Marcos, I don't know if you are joking or not.

It's only a joke. They are rappers (or whatever else you call them). Stapp is not working with them.

Like Colin said, Scott said he was hoping to get Lenny Kravitz to do some work with him.

Bridge of Clay
05-30-2004, 10:01 PM
No, I wasn't kidding.

I thought Snoop was Snoop Doggy Dog (or something like that) but I don't know the others you mentioned. I understood he'd tour with them, but wouldn't share the stage.

Sorry, my bad! :)

hayley
05-31-2004, 01:32 AM
:laugh: That was funny, you just reminded me of Harvey

Bridge of Clay
05-31-2004, 07:37 PM
I guess you can tell I'm a rap fan... LOL!

Jooji_2
05-31-2004, 08:10 PM
Tremonti may be very talented, but that doesn't mean that the world isn't full of other talented people. If Stapp is going in a different direction musically, I'm guessing that he probably would be interested in working with someone whose style fits in with the direction......so no....he probably won't be missing Tremonti.

I get in moods sometimes and like to listen to blues guitarists....BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughn.....one of my favorites...Jonny Lang....released his first record when he was just 16 years old. There are plenty of talented people...just talented in different ways. :)

hayley
06-01-2004, 03:48 AM
Of course there other brilliant guitarists, like Edge from U2, McCready from PJ, Chad Taylor from Live, Phil Knight from Pacifier, Chris Cope from Eight, and many more :D

Shadow
06-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Of course there other brilliant guitarists, like Edge from U2, McCready from PJ, Chad Taylor from Live, Phil Knight from Pacifier, Chris Cope from Eight, and many more :D
Don't forget Eddie Van Halen. But, look what happened to Van Halen. Without the right lead singer - they went nowhere fast! After Sammy left, they hired a new lead singer, did an album and it fizzled. So, just because you are a great guitarist and a great band, doesn't mean you're going to do great. It takes the whole package (singer, guitarist, etc..) to make it work. Only time will tell if Mark can make it without Scott (and Scott without Mark).

Well, Sammy is now back with Van Halen!!!! It took long enough but they finally reconciled.

Sheila63
06-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Don't forget Eddie Van Halen. But, look what happened to Van Halen. Without the right lead singer - they went nowhere fast! After Sammy left, they hired a new lead singer, did an album and it fizzled. So, just because you are a great guitarist and a great band, doesn't mean you're going to do great. It takes the whole package (singer, guitarist, etc..) to make it work. Only time will tell if Mark can make it without Scott (and Scott without Mark).

Well, Sammy is now back with Van Halen!!!! It took long enough but they finally reconciled.

Very good point, Robyn. :)

BTW, I LOVE your new avie pic. ;)

aussiecreeder
06-01-2004, 08:32 PM

good point shadow except that myles has the voice of an angel so the singing department is under control. what interests me most is to see a full album of mark's lyrics, that is probably where he'll miss scott the most. future AB album's i guess myles will write his fair share of music and lyrics anyhow. scott's lyrics and vocals will be under control, the focus is on the music that is brought out.

Shadow
06-01-2004, 10:30 PM
what interests me most is to see a full album of mark's lyrics, that is probably where he'll miss scott the most.
That's funny that you should say that. I was thinking the same thing today in the car when I was listening to One and WGMB.

I don't know, I'm tired of all of this now. This whole "break-up" thing has dragged on long enough. It's been too long without hearing Scott sing, hearing his voice. Thank god for bootlegs!!!!!! :)

BTW, I LOVE your new avie pic.
Thank you Sheila ;) :)

HuMaN~ClAy
06-02-2004, 03:14 PM
hey everybody, i'm new but i've been readin this board for a while.

i've been a creed fan for a few years now, and actually started playin guitar b cus of tremonti. if creed is in fact breaking up it'll b hard, but i'm sure stapp and tremonti will do good with whatever they do, that includes flip too haha. they all got a pile of talent.

i'm interested in hearing the new sounds from both Alter Bridge and Stapp, i doubt either of it will replace creed in my cd player permeantly, but hey, it's better than not hearing them at all. so yea, i don't really think stapp or termonti will be missing each other, musically that is.

hayley
06-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Welcome to Creed Feed, HuMaN~ClAy! :newbie: I hope you like it here.

Nice point of view, by the way.