Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
We Have No Proof Creed Is Breakiing Up [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : We Have No Proof Creed Is Breakiing Up

katzthatsme
05-22-2004, 08:20 AM
What is all this i hear about Creed breaking up. If you have not forgotten, the purpose of tremonti's side project was to do something a little more his own style, and of course he's always gonna need a drummer bassist n singer. his bandmates are the best for that. stapp prolly is doing his cuz mark's doing his. Nobody said anything about Creed breaking up ever, except for the people on hear. Have you heard Mark , or Scott, or anybody say they are breaking up? i sure havent. they'll make a cd again probably, they were so successful together, plus even when bands break up havent you ever heard of reuniting? yea they could do that too. even if they dotn do that they could play like a few shows together. thats kinda wat black sabbath does.

so everybody just shut up about creed breaking up there is no point talking about that all you do is worry people.

RockGoddess
05-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Have you heard Mark , or Scott, or anybody say they are breaking up?

Yes.

SandMan
05-22-2004, 08:47 AM
I keep having reoccurring dreams about them and I have never seen them in concert.

Anyway, I think they put up with alot of stress being Creed, negativity seemed to follow them so much, although in marketing any publicity is good publicity. On a human level that had to be so hard for them all to endure.

I think maybe they are changing and developing new and different talents and should share them with the world. It really doesn't matter how they split or what happened. Sometimes you just have to start over, and one day they can do a greatest hits album and a reunion concert.

To me it's always better to end something while its on top, than to wait til it fails...you know.

Also I think it's interesting that the name of the new band is AlterBridge, something that allows you to go from oneside to the other. Awesome title I think, should bring alot of good things to them, and they deserve it after putting up with so much negative stuff over the past few years.

If its over, CREED ended at the right time, I will always be a fan though, because they absolutely effected me on a positive and negative level, love'em lots.

RockGoddess
05-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Excellent post SandMan. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

aussiecreeder
05-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Excellent post SandMan. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

ditto....

i love you guys! :D

velocityidp
05-22-2004, 01:35 PM
What is all this i hear about Creed breaking up. If you have not forgotten, the purpose of tremonti's side project was to do something a little more his own style, and of course he's always gonna need a drummer bassist n singer. his bandmates are the best for that. stapp prolly is doing his cuz mark's doing his. Nobody said anything about Creed breaking up ever, except for the people on hear. Have you heard Mark , or Scott, or anybody say they are breaking up? i sure havent. they'll make a cd again probably, they were so successful together, plus even when bands break up havent you ever heard of reuniting? yea they could do that too. even if they dotn do that they could play like a few shows together. thats kinda wat black sabbath does.

so everybody just shut up about creed breaking up there is no point talking about that all you do is worry people.

If Alterbridge wasn't all of the ORIGINAL Creed members (minus Stapp), I might agree with you. But the fact that Mark and Scott have formed a new band, and that Brian has come back to the band in Stapp's absence is just too telling.

This is not a "Tremonti side project," it's a whole new band. Furthermore, its members consist of all the founding Creed members, with Stapp replaced by Kennedy.

Don't fool yourself, my friend. Don't expect to hear "Creed" for a very, very long time, if ever. Especially if Alterbridge is sucessful.

PRS_Tremonti
05-22-2004, 04:02 PM
The way I see it, if Alter Bridge becomes successful, then there's no way Creed is coming back. Like someone said earlier, the band was just not clicking with Stapp. I'm not badmouthing Stapp either because I think he's a great person and I admire him for a lot, but you can't force something to work and I think it's good that the band realized that. I think both Alter Bridge and Stapp will have awesome futures ahead of them.

Trees of Wisdom
05-22-2004, 04:12 PM
The way I see it, if Alter Bridge becomes successful, then there's no way Creed is coming back. Like someone said earlier, the band was just not clicking with Stapp. I'm not badmouthing Stapp either because I think he's a great person and I admire him for a lot, but you can't force something to work and I think it's good that the band realized that. I think both Alter Bridge and Stapp will have awesome futures ahead of them.

Wind-up is really benefitting more if Creed is no more. They'll get money from Alter Bridge debut album, Scott Stapp solo album, and the Creed compilation which will sell a lot.

aussiecreeder
05-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Wind-up is really benefitting more if Creed is no more. They'll get money from Alter Bridge debut album, Scott Stapp solo album, and the Creed compilation which will sell a lot.

in the short term yes they will benefit but that Creed name would make more than Alter Bridge and Stapp combined over the long term i think. anyhow velocitydip is right the fact that brian is back and its orignal creed members minus stapp is a very telling. the only way i can see creed and alter bridge co-existing is if one band (Creed) is the arena radio rocker and Alter Bridge is the harder stuff were Mark can rip it up. If they are at ALL similar bands then there is no point really.

hayley
05-22-2004, 07:29 PM
stapp prolly is doing his cuz mark's doing his.
Yeah, totally. Good reason. :rolleyes:

they were so successful together, plus even when bands break up havent you ever heard of reuniting?
Yes, but that doesn't happen to all bands now, does it. I'm not trying to be negative, but you've just got to realise that it could happen, and then again it might not happen.

everybody just shut up about creed breaking up there is no point talking about that all you do is worry people.
Wake up and smell the music.

The way I see it, if Alter Bridge becomes successful, then there's no way Creed is coming back.
That's what I've been thinking of latley also.

I think both Alter Bridge and Stapp will have awesome futures ahead of them.
I hope so, too. It's not like they will both get out in the industry and won't make it far at all, because they are both such talented people, and I love them to bits, I will be supporting both of them all the way. I'm now really, really excited for what's to come. :)

SandMan
05-23-2004, 10:34 AM
"Excellent post SandMan. Thank you for taking the time to do so."

They are my babies, I have to look out for them, and looks like instead of three there will be five to look out for now!... ;)

I may need an assistant.

alterflip
05-23-2004, 10:56 AM
i dont think i care...
i think Alter Bridge is gonna be really great...but its gonna be good...
i promise! :smokin:

shiver
05-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Suck it up kiddos. They are done. Kaput. Fin. No mas. And really what does is matter? We still get Mark, Flip, and we even get Brian back. As for Stapp, well...uh...he is still there if you want him. I dunno why? I am in the freakin' zone today! WTH!

Wylde-Tremonti
05-23-2004, 04:30 PM

Can you say IN-DENIAL?

Don't Tell us To shut Up, That's the Rudist Fucking Thing and I don't think a Single Person On the Board Appreciates it, We can't help it that you can't except the Facts.

JulieCitySlicker
05-23-2004, 04:48 PM
I agree Matt :wtf:

This kid just opened a can of worms :eek:

shiver
05-23-2004, 04:52 PM
LLLLEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTSSSS GETREADYTOOO RUUUUUMMMMBBLLLE!!!

DingDingDing!

hayley
05-24-2004, 04:32 AM
Can you say IN-DENIAL?

Don't Tell us To shut Up, That's the Rudist Fucking Thing and I don't think a Single Person On the Board Appreciates it, We can't help it that you can't except the Facts.
I totally agree with you there, I surley didn't appreciate that post, and you're right, she's just not facing the facts.

LLLLEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTSSSS GETREADYTOOO RUUUUUMMMMBBLLLE!!!

DingDingDing!
:p *Addicted2stapp makes her way into the ring* :chair:

TeriB19
05-24-2004, 06:19 AM
What is all this i hear about Creed breaking up. .I'm sorry, but for those of you old enough to remember SNL's Weekend Update where Gilda Radner did Emily Latella, I just broke up laughing at this line. "What's all this fuss I keep hearing about Creed breaking up?" Sorry. I'm old, I know.

That was uncalled for.

RMadd
05-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Can you say IN-DENIAL?

calm down matt. imona hafta ("i'm going to have to") agree with katz on this one. i'm not in denial about creed breaking up. it's just that i have yet to hear any official word from Wind-Up that Creed, in fact, has broken up (yes, i'm well aware WU is slow on the news train). plus, i'm sick of people bitching, left and right, about how depressed they are and about how they're not sure they'll be able to live without Creed. whoopty-freakin-do. all of us have the same feelings, though prolly to a lesser degree. besides, just b/c they're allegedly breaking up (i say "allegedly" b/c of the lack of official news form WU), that doesn't rule out the possibility for a reunion or anything of that sort. Aerosmith? Van Halen? any number of other bands? they've gotten back together after respective hiatuses (sp?). in short, we should proceed on the premise that everyone is unhappy that Creed is supposedly breaking up, and that the level of your "distraughtness" need not be shared in thread after identical thread after identical thread....

Echelon122
05-24-2004, 01:34 PM
I"m wondering why people need it to come from WU to believe it?? Band members saying it isn't enough?

Wylde-Tremonti
05-24-2004, 02:07 PM
I"m wondering why people need it to come from WU to believe it?? Band members saying it isn't enough?
Exactly.

farmgirl
05-24-2004, 03:42 PM
I suppose because Mark has said they are done but Stapp and Flip have said they are not so it is a bit confusing.

Wylde-Tremonti
05-24-2004, 03:51 PM
i dont think Flip has really said One way or another...

farmgirl
05-24-2004, 03:55 PM
i dont think Flip has really said One way or another...

In the Music Matters forum, under the Sevendust thread, apparently a board member spoke to a member of Atomship I think it was and they had talked to Flip and he said they weren't done. I'm not positive, I'd have to go back and read that thread but it's in there somewhere. So I guess it's a matter of who ya believe or a wait and see kind of thing.

Wylde-Tremonti
05-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Oh.. i didn't see that... well who know's... i'm just Lookin Forward to AlterBridge... if Creed's Broken up... That's Fine W/ Me... If they're Not... That's awesome too... but i have to go w/ my man Mark and My gut and say that... i think Creed is Done... Reunion is never out as a possibility... but as of right now... don't think so...

creedman
05-24-2004, 04:59 PM
I wish we could have both!! That would be sweet!

creedman
05-24-2004, 05:01 PM
like Tool and A Perfect Circle! That would be too good to be true!

b3sevendust
05-24-2004, 05:23 PM
I find it funny that you people are "assuming" that CREED has broken up.. Now, until I hear an offical statement reguarding the bands future together, I'm going to still believe that Creed is still together. Now, Scott Phillips released in an interview stateing Creed is not done.. just on a break to pursue other things in life. Sure, you may not hear any new music for awhile, but plan on in a few years, if not late 2005, they will be heading back into the studio.. Need I remind you of what TOOL did.. It took them 5 years before they released another CD, and people we're constantly saying they had broken up. Because of Maynard starting up his own solo group, know as A PERFECT CIRCLE.. and released a cd in 2000.. Now, after all the rumors surfacing that TOOL was no more, what do they do? Release LATERALUS in May of 2001! So dont believe what you hear until an offical statement has been issued.. Otherwise, you'll just feel stupid that you believed all along CREED had broken up..

Wylde-Tremonti
05-24-2004, 05:37 PM
I find it funny that you people are "assuming" that CREED has broken up.. Now, until I hear an offical statement reguarding the bands future together, I'm going to still believe that Creed is still together. Now, Scott Phillips released in an interview stateing Creed is not done.. just on a break to pursue other things in life. Sure, you may not hear any new music for awhile, but plan on in a few years, if not late 2005, they will be heading back into the studio.. Need I remind you of what TOOL did.. It took them 5 years before they released another CD, and people we're constantly saying they had broken up. Because of Maynard starting up his own solo group, know as A PERFECT CIRCLE.. and released a cd in 2000.. Now, after all the rumors surfacing that TOOL was no more, what do they do? Release LATERALUS in May of 2001! So dont believe what you hear until an offical statement has been issued.. Otherwise, you'll just feel stupid that you believed all along CREED had broken up..
:newbie:
oh BTW...
TOOL... CREED...
2 Different bands... 2 Different Labels... 2 Different Situations... i wouldn't expect the same thing to happen...
just my Opinion...

johellion
05-24-2004, 11:20 PM

Honey...All I can say to ya is GET A GRIP!!!

Echelon122
05-24-2004, 11:21 PM
I think Flip basically said it by joining Mark...but that's just my take on it.

So if WU never says "Creed is over" people will still think they are???

bahhhh bahhhh

creedman
05-24-2004, 11:24 PM
for a creed website their is a hell of a lot of Creed Haters! You would almost think it is a Limp Biz site! Go Figure!

johellion
05-24-2004, 11:29 PM
If Alterbridge wasn't all of the ORIGINAL Creed members (minus Stapp), I might agree with you. But the fact that Mark and Scott have formed a new band, and that Brian has come back to the band in Stapp's absence is just too telling.

This is not a "Tremonti side project," it's a whole new band. Furthermore, its members consist of all the founding Creed members, with Stapp replaced by Kennedy.

Don't fool yourself, my friend. Don't expect to hear "Creed" for a very, very long time, if ever. Especially if Alterbridge is sucessful.

I think you are on the right track DUDE!!! :D and :eek: oHHHHHHHHH Well............To alot of folks...its JUST AN ILLUSION!!!! LOL

Wylde-Tremonti
05-25-2004, 12:00 AM
for a creed website their is a hell of a lot of Creed Haters! You would almost think it is a Limp Biz site! Go Figure!
Who EXACTLY are you directing that to????
How Dare You Fucking Call Us Creed Haters.
We Can't Help It That Creed Isn't Together Anymore. Excuse Us For Facing Reality. :finger:

hayley
05-25-2004, 04:39 AM
INow, until I hear an offical statement reguarding the bands future together, I'm going to still believe that Creed is still together.
What do you think SOLO means?

WeatheredWoman
05-25-2004, 09:11 AM
I think you are on the right track DUDE!!! :D and :eek: oHHHHHHHHH Well............To alot of folks...its JUST AN ILLUSION!!!! LOL

So you are tellin' us with this very clear reply, and for knowing that you are Brian Marshall's aunt, that as far as you know it... CREED is done for sure!!

Thnx for the info!

b3sevendust
05-25-2004, 09:13 AM
What do you think SOLO means?

Lemme ask you this "smart one" How many bands had members of their go out and put out a "solo album" Pretty much all of TOOL has another band they can fall back on. Trent Reznor was going to do another band with Maynard, but due to the contrasting arguments of there record labels, it's been put on permanent hiadis.. (Tapeworm was the name of that band) So the members of Creed are doing other things, aint the first time a band member has done this. So ya, while you people go and jump the gun and constantly bicker at everyone who doesn't believe the bullshit you want to feed us about Creed is done, nevermore.. and the bullshit about there record label being another excuse for you people to find that they are no more, then go ahead, but I'm still not going to believe some dumbass fan who is just saying it because they don't like Creed as much as the next person. So, you can continue to say "Oh they went solo because Creed broke, bitch bitch bitch, blah blah blah, wah wah wah." Say it as much as you want, but there is still no concrete substantional evidence that proves into your favor.

And as far as TOOL and Creed being different, obviously they are, but both bands have outside the band projects, so in a sense, its the same damn thing. And how many times did people think METALLICA was dead?? Well, proved you guys wrong, they're still around, and still kickin ass! I saw them little under a month ago w/ GODSMACK killer show.

Wylde-Tremonti
05-25-2004, 12:25 PM
but I'm still not going to believe some dumbass fan who is just saying it because they don't like Creed as much as the next person. So, you can continue to say "Oh they went solo because Creed broke, bitch bitch bitch, blah blah blah, wah wah wah."

Listen Dude... You're obviously New here...
All the Stuff about Creed Breaking up Didn't Just come From "Some Dumbass Fan"... It's Come from Several who have talked to Mark At Meet N Greets and at NAMM... These people that are Respected Memebers Of this Board, and I think You Should Respect Them Aswell.

RockGoddess
05-25-2004, 12:38 PM
I don't wish to perpetuate this argument, but I'm genuinely interested in people's opinions:

At what point do you consider a band having broken up? If they are seperated for a year, two years....... what about 10? Let's say for arguments sake that Creed gets back together 10 years from now. Were they broken up? Were they not? At what point do you call it "done"?.

To those that say they are and to those that say they aren't, how do you put in perspective? What's your take on it?

Steve
05-25-2004, 12:56 PM
I'd probably say 3 years maybe? Sometimes bands take a year off which doesn't mean they broke up. Other times things just happen. One band from my city comes to mind - The Gufs. They were signed to a major label and toured with Matchbox Twenty a while ago among other bands. After 3 CDs they were dropped. They continued to play shows here locally but for the most part were "taking a break" and getting on with their normal lives. Now the lead singer has released a solo album. In recent interviews when asked about The Gufs he has said that by no means they are broken up. They are still a band and wish to continue playing together. It's just that each member has been concentrating on their families for the time being. One got married, another had a child, etc. etc. They are simply taking some personal time for themselves and when they are ready, they will write and release a new CD.

I'm not using this story to equate to Creed and Alter Bridge, but just using it to answer the generalized question RockGoddess asked.

Echelon122
05-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Let's say for arguments sake that Creed gets back together 10 years from now. Were they broken up? Were they not? At what point do you call it "done"?.

For me, when a band isn't activly recording and has no plans to in the forseeable future...it's a break up. I never view "Break up" as permanant though. Some of my favorite bands have "broken up" only to reunite 4-10+ years down the line...Moody Blues, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac...heck, even the Monkees LOL.

As for actually done...I dunno....I think every band is different, and it'd always depend on the circumstances. I know people thought the Eagles were DONE for the longest time, cause of the huge conflicts between people. But after a long time they figured it out. Anything is possible.

hayley
05-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Lemme ask you this "smart one"
Don't mouth off at me. :mad1:

Pretty much all of TOOL has another band they can fall back on.
Geez, give it a rest with the Tool crap, would you? They are TOOL, this is CREED. A difference, different band, different situation.

So the members of Creed are doing other things, aint the first time a band member has done this.
Yeah no shit, but I'm just saying that this could be a totally different situation for all we know.

Say it as much as you want, but there is still no concrete substantional evidence that proves into your favor.
We are just facing reatlity, unlike you.

And as far as TOOL and Creed being different, obviously they are, but both bands have outside the band projects, so in a sense, its the same damn thing.
Right, yeah, totally the same. :rolleyes:

b3sevendust
05-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Thank you oh so much for picking apart my response and making it the pinicle of your day, I'm so glad people like to take the time to take my responses apart as if it were a puzzle! And as far as me dissrespecting anyone, Did I once say someones name and disrespect them? Honestly, did I? No! Alls I said was "dumbass fan" Not once did I disrespect someone of the higher athority that I could give a rats ass about in the first place, your taking a someones word against someone elses, How about we just wait until someone from the band, goes on camera, or the record company releases a statement reguarding the future of Creed.. Until then, all the nay sayers can bitch and moan and groan and protest otherwise, but without the concrete evidence that they can prove otherwise.. *raises middle finger* Take that and stick it up your ass!

*Note this isnt directed to anyone in particular, so dont take it seriously, and make a big deal about, Thank you*

Oh, and one last thing.. SLIPKNOT VOL. 3 SUBLIMINAL VERSES, IN STORES NOW!!!! The cd kicks major ass, this is deffinetly a matured SLIPKNOT! And they are definetly exploring new terroritory!

Echelon122
05-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Wow...evidently from band members mouths isn't enough....Yikes.

Dogstar
05-26-2004, 07:11 PM
*raises middle finger* Take that and stick it up your ass!

Please refrain from this type of crap. You can disagree with anyone you like, but save the obscenities for another board. Thanks.

RockGoddess
05-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Wow...evidently from band members mouths isn't enough....Yikes

Thank you Erin.

creedman
05-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Longevity of Creed was just an Illusion!

shiver
05-26-2004, 11:30 PM
People! Start using spellcheck. Oye!

Dogstar
05-26-2004, 11:34 PM
It's oy, not oye. You might want to take your own advice.

shiver
05-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Hey Dog, it means Hear. You dig bro. Or you Oye?

Dogstar
05-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Then that would be oyez, as in hear ye, hear ye, would it not?..I thought maybe you meant oy, as an interjection.

shiver
05-26-2004, 11:55 PM
No, I meant it as, ya hear. It's just a deal we used to do when I was workin' at my local McD's. Just to give a little backround info. We had a dude who used to go around saying ya hear, or ya heard, or anyother stupid thing he could say, and the Guatamalan guys would go around sayin oye. I will try not to do it anymore though. These inside things never work out good.

Dogstar
05-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Oh, it's Spanish then. That would make sense. Oye is third person singular of the verb to hear, oir.

RockGoddess
05-27-2004, 12:26 AM
South Floridian here! lol

We hear oye all the time! In fact, when we gringos disover that someone is of hispanic origin, we will often say "you're an oye?"

Mulletman
05-27-2004, 12:50 AM
South Floridian here! lol

We hear oye all the time! In fact, when we gringos disover that someone is of hispanic origin, we will often say "you're an oye?"
That has got to the be the stupidest thing i've heard

Oye is chicano slang. For the uninitiated, chicanos are Mexican's born within the United States. Oye is frequently used as how we use "Hey".

RockGoddess
05-27-2004, 12:57 AM
That has got to the be the stupidest thing i've heard

Really? Chicanos corner the market on the use of the term "oye"? LMFAO

C'mon down and tell that to the enitre South Florida Cuban population. You obviously know something they don't!

ETA: you've got cohones, I'll give you that. ;)

RockGoddess
05-27-2004, 01:20 AM
Just to clear this up and then I'm out.....

Oye means the same thing here: it means, loosely translated, "ya hear"?

But the term, for non-hispanics has come to mean someone of hispanic origin.
As in "they are an 'oye' " (Similarly if one was to refer to someone from the south as an "y'all". Doesn't make grammatical sense, but then that's not the point)

Mulletman
05-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Its used a lot more in south florida because of the large Cuban population. I was thinking of old friends and class mates from high school when I responded to that above. Then my step mom's sister called asked my her. They are both Cuban and when I heard her say it subtly it clicked. I guess I shouldnt have laughed. hmmm.

hayley
05-27-2004, 01:57 AM
*raises middle finger* Take that and stick it up your ass!
I don't want your finger up my ass, thanks. So you can take it back and shove it right up your own, pal

RockGoddess
05-27-2004, 07:17 AM
I guess I shouldnt have laughed. hmmm.

It's all good! ;)

TeriB19
05-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Oy vey. (Yiddish for all you who don't know.) ;)

As for b3sevendust, there's no need for you to be that disrespectful so please, knock it off.

musicmind226
05-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Nope, no total proof, but hey since I read stapp & mark have not spoke in 6 months does tell you something. So, as of now creed MAY well be opsoleet.