Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Prayer Request [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

Higher_Desire
05-01-2004, 04:27 PM
I know I don't post these very much, but something has been bogging me down since I found out about it.

I recently found out that a friend of mine, who is 18, may not have a lot of time left here on this earth. He's had many tumors in his brain over his life, and in a recent visit to his doctor, he was informed that there was a new one that they probably can't do anything about. It's forming quite rapidly, and was informed that he probably has anywhere from 1 to 11 months left. I asked him if he was ready, and he said "Ya know. I think I am." He's always in good spirits and is a great guy. His family has been through so much with him and with his niece, who is 4 who was pretty seriously burned on her left arm. Please pray for him.

H-D :)

Sheila63
05-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Colin, that is so sad. :( I will definitely say some prayers for him, you and his family.:hugs: :hugs: He sounds like an amazing guy.

whitebird
05-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Colin, I do not like to force my beliefs on others, it is not my way. I will simply say this, I have no doubt that there is a life beyond this one that we know now, and your friend will live on. He sounds like he had endured much already, and has excepted that his body cannot linger much longer.

Give him all the love and support that you can, and tell him to have no fear, each of us will be born, and die, but our our spirits will live on.

Losing a friend is not easy, I know. When my dear friend was in pain, I said a prayer asking that God decide what was best. I miss her very much, and think of her often, but I know we will see each other again.

Let us know how both of you are, and I will say a prayer for your friend, yourself and the little 4 year old girl, who was badly hurt.

Don' lose sight of your love for him while he is still here, no matter how much it may hurt you to see him in pain. Let him know that you will always be there.

Higher_Desire
05-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Whitebird... do you know how much I love you, buddy? You always have such nice things to say. I believe much like you do, as he does as well (we met at church). You are always so caring and sincere. Thank you. The world needs a lot more people like you.

H-D :)

whitebird
05-01-2004, 08:24 PM
You are very welcome. Take special care of yourself and your friend. Remember, we are connected forever.

Sheila63
05-01-2004, 08:31 PM
You are always so caring and sincere. Thank you. The world needs a lot more people like you.

I agree. Whitebird, your words of support brought tears to my eyes. I have the same beliefs and I'm so sorry for your loss of your friend.

whitebird
05-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Thank you Sheila, I have wonderful memories. The last time I saw my friend, I had planted a garden for her which she loved, she gave me a big warm hug, we talked about love, life, her husband that she missed so much, who had passed on, and spirituality.

She died a few days later of a brain aneurysm.

She lives on, I am sure, and I'll see her again.

Colin, don't lose sight of the whole picture. Time is fleeting, moments are pieces of the puzzle. Life follows many paths, and the whole, is what matters. Your friend and yourself fit into the puzzle, fit yourself into the life giving force that moves us all.

Darn, I'm preaching.

Sheila63
05-01-2004, 09:21 PM
You're welcome, whitebird. I understand what you mean, I have lost of few people that I loved dearly and I think of them often. One of them was my grandmother who passed away back in 1972 and to this day, I still think of her. I'm glad that you had a chance to spend some special time with your friend. I'm sure that meant alot to both of you.

Jez
05-01-2004, 11:36 PM
HD, I'm so sorry about your friend. He will be in my prayers and thoughts.

JulieCitySlicker
05-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Colin,
I am so sorry to hear about your friend, that is so sad to hear :(
I'll definitely be praying for him and his family, and for you as well. He is very lucky to have you in his life :hugs: You are a very kind and caring person! I pray that you will stay strong so you will be able to support him in the times ahead!

creedsister
05-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Count me in HD that so sad :(

Dogstar
05-04-2004, 05:40 PM
H-D, your friend will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Colin, I'm soo sorry to hear about your friend. He will be in my thoughts and prayers. You will also be in my thoughts as well. :hugs:

Whitebird, everything you say always brings such peace to people. You always know just what to say! I love for you that! :hugs:

whitebird
05-07-2004, 09:00 PM
SCOTTSMYMAN, you and your husband are special to me too. Thank you.

Colin, I think that your request here shows a depth, and understanding. You have a chance to make a difference in another person's life.

Never pity, as that can be more damaging than a person turning away, so that they do not see anothers pain. Listen, knowing that you will learn, and share your feelings openly.

Let us know how you are both dealing with this. Please?

Higher_Desire
05-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Thank you all. He's still doing well and in good spirits. I'll let you know if I hear any new updates.

H-D :moon:

creedsister
05-08-2004, 12:08 AM
thats cool, hes in good spirts and touching,,God Bless

Creed_Defaultgirl
05-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Wow, Colin. I'm sorry to hear that. :( I'll be praying for him, and you too.

Kim V.
05-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Colin, your friend is in my thoughts and prayers, as well as you and your friend's family. May you all have God's peace in this situation, and may He give you all comfort and strength. God bless!

creedsister
05-18-2004, 02:19 AM
Hey Guys my Grandma Had A stroke Today in my house, if everybody would Everybody say a little prayer for her,,Her name Is Rose, and she loves Areosmith Shes 74 i hope and pray she recovers and gets well by june 6 :( I cant Go to this concert without her!!! im praying for all you Guys Too, And Peace Be With U all,,,And God Bless

JulieCitySlicker
05-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Whoa!
Thats horrible :( I'll be prayin for your grandma sis!

Sheila63
05-18-2004, 07:57 PM
You've got it, creedsister. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma :( and I wish her a speedy recovery. She sounds like a cool lady being an Aerosmith fan.:cool:

whitebird
05-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Ah Creedsister, the beauty of a Rose, and a woman who would go to an Aerosmith concert with you is someone whom I connot resist.

I'll say a special prayer for her, and for the wellbeing of both of you.

WeatheredWoman
05-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Awww Ta!! That hit me... :(

I'm sending some very positive, healing and strengthening thoughts all the way over the big, big ocean for you and especially your grandma... she rocks!!!

Comfy Caring Hugs to you my friend! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Creed_Defaultgirl
05-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Oh no, Creedsister! :( I hope your grandma gets better. Grandma's are very special.

That's pretty neat that she likes Areosmith.

creedsister
05-19-2004, 12:06 AM
thanks Guys it means alot and shes doing a Lot better now!! btw, yep shes a life long areosmith Fan, Shes like the biggest steven Tyler Fan, And I get a Kick out of her when she whatches Vh1, she gets upset and starts downing all the other Artists B/c They dont pay enough areosmith for her, my grandmas funny how she sets talks through a video, GOD BLESS U GUYS!!! And again thanks for the prayers, Peace

Higher_Desire
05-19-2004, 01:36 AM
That's horrible she had a stroke. My grandpa had a stroke a month before I was born (August of 1984), and he completly lost the use of the right side of his body. And, of course, he was right-handed. It's so good that they have better technology and can help people out more with that now.

I'll be sure to keep your grandma in my prayers.

H-D :rockon:

creedsister
05-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks HD :) you and your friend are still in mine, and its really amazing how fast something like that can happen

Aimee
05-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Sister - glad to hear she's feeling better. Has she recovered fully?

creedsister
05-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Well in my opion i think shes ready to come home, but the damn doctors keep doing more tests For other Stuff That they Can Find She Had An Awsome Recovery After Having a Major Stroke, si I guess thats why thet still want to Keep Her,

whitebird
05-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Creedsister, how wonderful that your Grandmother is doing so well. Hope both of you enjoy yourselves at the concert. (Don't let her get too wild) :)

Dogstar
05-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Wow, I was late on this one, creedsister, but I will pray for her continued recovery. That's great news! And way cool on having such a rockin' grandma! :hugs:

Sheila63
05-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Creedsister, I'm happy to hear your grandma is recovering. I'll continue to pray for a continued recovery for her so you can both enjoy rockin' to Aerosmith at the concert.:jam: :hugs:

whitebird
05-20-2004, 07:59 PM
I would like to ask for prayers for a very dear friend of mine. She is a young woman who is beautiful inside and out, and I would be proud to call her my daughter, if I could. As you know, I have one son who I love dearly, but young friends touch my heart, and I feel maternal love for them through their tough times.

This young woman will be going through some very difficult times in the upcomming weeks, and through out the year. People will judge her and her family, and she will have to learn many difficult lessons.

Please send her strength, love and prayers.

Thank you all so much.

All my love, whitebird.

Sheila63
05-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Will do, whitebird. I'm so sorry to hear she will be going through rough times. I will send prayers to her, her family and you. :hugs:

Dogstar
05-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Anything for you, whitebird! I hope things get better for her as soon as possible. Life can be a rough road sometimes.

whitebird
05-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Oh, thank you Sheila and Dogstar. I held her in my arms today as she cried, and it ripped my heart out, knowing what she will go through in the months ahead.

I can't say more, as it is a personal matter for her family, but she is a young woman who is working very hard, who is making a life for herself through hard work, and determination, and I really give her alot of credit.

She is a beautiful soul.

JulieCitySlicker
05-20-2004, 09:58 PM
You got it Whitebird :hugs:
She will definitely be in my prayers!

creedsister
05-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I would like to ask for prayers for a very dear friend of mine. She is a young woman who is beautiful inside and out, and I would be proud to call her my daughter, if I could. As you know, I have one son who I love dearly, but young friends touch my heart, and I feel maternal love for them through their tough times.

This young woman will be going through some very difficult times in the upcomming weeks, and through out the year. People will judge her and her family, and she will have to learn many difficult lessons.

Please send her strength, love and prayers.

Thank you all so much.

All my love, whitebird. I Dont Know Your Friend but I feel For Her Already You Got It

creedsister
05-20-2004, 11:22 PM
Again Guys I thank you so much for your prayers Im Hoping they will Let Her Come home Any Day Now,U Guys Rock

Creed_Defaultgirl
05-21-2004, 02:17 AM
Sure thing, Whitebird. You are such a wonderful person, you care about other people so much. I will keep her and family in my prayers. :hugs:

whitebird
05-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Julie, Creedsister and Creed_Defaultgirl, thank you all so much.

Creedsister, I will say again, I am very happy that your Grandmother is doing so well.

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-27-2004, 07:40 PM
whitebird, your friend has my healing prayers headed her way. You have always had kind words for all of us so, whatever you need , you got it!! I hope she can find the strength within herself to get through her difficult time and with your support I know she will find it!! :hugs: go out to her and you!

whitebird
05-28-2004, 06:27 PM
SCOTTSMYMAN, Thank you so much. I just wish that others would let as much kindness into their hearts, as I see on this board.

A member of this young woman's family did something wrong, and by association, she is also being judged, and shunned. It's breaking her heart, being treated in this terrible way, when she has done nothing, but is being hurt by the judgemental condemnation of others.

When will people understand, "There but for the grace of God go I".

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-28-2004, 07:25 PM
You're welcome whitebird. I can't even begin to count how many times I've come here for support and everyone was so willing to give it. Everyone is so caring and loving on this BB and because of that I can't thank you all enough.

I so hope that whatever is going on in this young girls life is set straight. I know the feeling of someone else doing something and some how getting blamed for it or waiting for me to do it too! (just happened to me recently!!)

4godand us
06-07-2004, 11:32 AM
hi iam a new memeber well i have lung cancer iam doing all i can to survive
my doctor gave me 2 to 5 yrs to live and thats with chemo
i asked god to heal me and he answered my prayers i ahve lots of faith after i said this i got a call theres a new med called cantron electrolyte that cures cancer,well may i say more that was 3 mnths ago iam feeling alot better
my test results are on june 16th so please pray fro me and thanks so much with gods prayers and faith i trully believe anyone can beat the odds lol
but i shall stay positive and entergetic and keep my faith
may god bless us all here in our grief and need may god help us and keep us safe forever and may our heatrs be full of love and support for all the sick and love ones who need are prayers and devotion
and thank you are saviour for letting us live this wonderful life(amen)

whitebird
06-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the board 4godand us. There are many wonderful people here, for which I have personally grown very fond.

You seem a very positive spirit, which is delightful, although I'm sure that the illness you are experiencing can be physically, emotionally and spiritually draining. There are others here who can understand what you are going through, either from personal experience, or from the illness of a loved one, so you are not alone.

The new medication you mentioned sounds very interesting, and your June date for the results is comming up soon. Hold your wonderful spirits high, and I will say prayers for you.

Please continue to post here, and let us know how you are doing.

Love, whitebird

JulieCitySlicker
06-07-2004, 06:37 PM
i asked god to heal me and he answered my prayers i ahve lots of faith after i said this i got a call theres a new med called cantron electrolyte that cures cancer,well may i say more that was 3 mnths ago iam feeling alot better
my test results are on june 16th so please pray fro me and thanks so much with gods prayers and faith i trully believe anyone can beat the odds lol
may god bless us all here in our grief and need may god help us and keep us safe forever and may our heatrs be full of love and support for all the sick and love ones who need are prayers and devotion

Hi There :)
You have an amazing positive spirit, I wish you all the best when you get your test results back! Take care of yourself! You will be in my prayers ;)

Sheila63
06-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi, 4godand us and Welcome!! :)

Like whitebird and Julie have already stated, you have a wonderful attitude and I wish you all of the best. I will keep you in my prayers. :hugs: Please keep us posted on how you're doing and I'll be thinking of you on the 16th.

whitebird
06-15-2004, 10:04 PM

I'll say an extra prayer for your test tomorrow. Even though you are a stranger to me, I feel your pain, and hope. Please come back to let us know the outcome.

Your joy for life will be your strength, waiting for the results.

I'll send a bit of mine also. God bless.

creedsister
06-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Im Sorry I Didnt Read Your Request Earlier, In That Precious Name Thats Above All Other Names I Asked In Jesus Name That Those Test Come Back Tommorow A Okay, My Friend And Peace Be With You, I Always come here when i need prayer, Too :D Amen And Amen, And Yes Your Right HIS BLOOD, HIS DEATH, BEAT ALL ODDS, Hes The Only One That an Make The Impossbile Possbile, And With Him All Things Is Possbile !!!! ROCK ON!!!