Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Mayfield Four [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Mayfield Four

Steve
04-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Well I finally got ahold of "Fallout" and "Second Skin" albums of Mayfield Four. "Fallout" is a bit different... it's listenable but it's going to get some time for me to get used to. "Second Skin" on the other hand is an awsome CD!!!! If you don't have this one, go get it somewhere. I can't believe I never heard this when it came out. A few of the songs remind me of the band Big Wreck if you know who that is (the lead singer of Big Wreck is Ian Thornley of the new band Thornley ...)

The Lithium
04-23-2004, 12:13 PM
How does Kennedy sound? I have a few Mayfield Four songs on my computer, but how is it to listen to him for one hour? Does he seem to fit with Mark's riff?

Steve
04-23-2004, 12:36 PM
He sounds great. I don't know how he'll sound with Mark since I never really Mark's own stuff. I've only heard Creed stuff. Myles singing on top of Creed songs - I can hear that happening on some. We'll see...

I think Myles is a great vocalist though!! :rockon:

The Lithium
04-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Nice!! And due to Micheal he's a even nicer human being.

Dogstar
04-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Cool, thanks for the info, Steve.

WeatheredWoman
04-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Well I finally got ahold of "Fallout" and "Second Skin" albums of Mayfield Four. "Fallout" is a bit different... it's listenable but it's going to get some time for me to get used to. "Second Skin" on the other hand is an awsome CD!!!! If you don't have this one, go get it somewhere. I can't believe I never heard this when it came out. A few of the songs remind me of the band Big Wreck if you know who that is (the lead singer of Big Wreck is Ian Thornley of the new band Thornley ...)

It's funny that you mention Thornley... I said something quite like that in my THORNLEY-thread... Ian sound like Myles in the higher parts of their single 'So Far So Good'...

http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showpost.php?p=211797&postcount=9

And YES!! 'Second Skin' is an awesome album!!

aussiecreeder
04-23-2004, 08:13 PM
someone should have started a MF4 thread ages ago......oh well. Anyhow I own Second Skin and I have Fallout on the way. From what I understand Fallout is a little different and not as straight-up rock although there are songs like Don't Walk Away. Second Skin is an album you should like straight away. There is this one part in the song Mars Hotel that is out of this world, those who have heard the album should know what I am talking about. Myles was also in a band pre-MF4 "Citizen Swing" that is more jazz/rock from what I understand.

As for his voice I think the comparisons to Chris Cornell and Jeff Buckley are valid, far from being a rip-off though he sounds orignial and that is a major compliment. I think his voice sounds the best when he is singing ballads rather then going over the top of the loud rockers. When I first heard "Summergirl" (from Second Skin) I had to make sure I haden't put Grace on instead! :D

The man is certainly talented, there a couple of solos there by Myles on their second album that are not bad. The solo during a song "Believe" at the end of the song is very nice indeed. Zia their drummer has to be one of the better drummers around. Anyone know the band's future? I guess it is going to be a couple of years at least until they or Myles does another album.

WeatheredWoman
04-23-2004, 08:40 PM
...although there are songs like Don't Walk Away.

That's my fav ballad!!!! I soooo love his voice in that song!!!

:note: ...I surrender to you today... :note:

:thud:

I think his voice sounds the best when he is singing ballads rather then going over the top of the loud rockers.

That's my opinion too! :smokin:

The man is certainly talented, there a couple of solos there by Myles on their second album that are not bad. The solo during a song "Believe" at the end of the song is very nice indeed.

Yep... I have to agree with you again on the Believe-solo :thumbsup:

aussiecreeder
04-23-2004, 08:54 PM
That's my fav ballad!!!! I soooo love his voice in that song!!!

:note: ...I surrender to you today... :note:

:thud:

That's my opinion too! :smokin:

Yep... I have to agree with you again on the Believe-solo :thumbsup:

glad someone agrees with me come on Myles I want one solo from you on this record! :D he has great control of his voice and don't walk away is a great example. na na na na na nothing is going to change him hehe

Alter Shredder
04-24-2004, 10:39 AM
where can you find their cds?

Steve
04-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Try a local used CD store, or Amazon.com has sellers selling them used.

benkenobi
04-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Does anyone have "Don't Walk Away" that we could hear?

benkenobi
04-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Wait, here's a link that has some early demos and original versions of "Don't Walk Away" and "Eden" (remix) to download...

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~plummerj/mf4/audio/index.html

Thanks to www.themayfieldfour.net/

Trees of Wisdom
04-24-2004, 02:31 PM
I just bought both of their albums on half.com and they were brand new! It cost me about 10 bucks for the two albums.

hide
04-25-2004, 08:51 AM
I just bought both of their albums on half.com and they were brand new! It cost me about 10 bucks for the two albums.

hey that is preddy good, a bit over 20 for me for used copies (mid-priced) including shipping to Australia. what do you think of fallout? when he holds that note in "summergirl" during Second Skin that is just awesome. lyrically he is probably mid-range. he's nothing great but there are far worse. musicianship and vocal ability is right up there with anyone else though.

Trees of Wisdom
04-25-2004, 05:28 PM
hey that is preddy good, a bit over 20 for me for used copies (mid-priced) including shipping to Australia. what do you think of fallout? when he holds that note in "summergirl" during Second Skin that is just awesome. lyrically he is probably mid-range. he's nothing great but there are far worse. musicianship and vocal ability is right up there with anyone else though.

I haven't gotten the albums yet. :rolleyes:

I bought Fallout because of the song "Don't Walk Away". The singing in "Summer Girl" just rocks. Second Skin is better from what I've read. The lyrics to the song "Eden (Turn The Page)" were pretty good. But Myles is good at singing so that's all that matters. Mark did the writing for Myles, anyway. :cool:

WeatheredWoman
05-15-2004, 06:18 PM
:bump:

Dogstar
05-21-2004, 02:35 AM
I FINALLY got my Second Skin CD! So far, I'm liking it. I'm only on the third song, and I can definitely see the comparisons to Cornell. I haven't heard the whole thing yet, though. The first song was kick-ass! Good driving song :D.

Dogstar
05-21-2004, 03:19 AM
Wow, this is really good stuff! Myles definitely has some kick-ass pipes and really good range! Now I REALLY can't wait to hear Alterbridge....After one listen, I was really struck by Lyla, Eden, Summergirl, and Believe...Overall, a really solid CD, though it could use a few more guitar solos :D.

aussiecreeder
05-21-2004, 07:29 AM
agh you finally got it! :D i could see the cornell comparison there straight away ( a positive BTW) but with summergirl did not jeff buckley come back from his watery grave? he has his own voice and style however and hearing him got my excited for alter bridge. mark writing that great music and those solos, the rythmn section of brian and flip and myles the cream on the strawberries how good is it going to be? :)

he's a good lead guitarist as well playing all the guitar in that album, that solo in believe is hella good! a greater number and more complex solos (thats where mark comes in) and alter bridge will rock! zia uddin their drummer is also badarse! :)

WeatheredWoman
05-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Hahaha I have to agree with both of you Dogstar and handmedown!!!!

:syncdance

Myles sure is one helluva singer!! :thumbsup:
Can't wait to hear that voice combined with Mark's, Scott P.'s and Brian's music!!

Love u all!! :hippy:

aussiecreeder
05-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Hahaha I have to agree with both of you Dogstar and handmedown!!!!

:syncdance

Myles sure is one helluva singer!! :thumbsup:
Can't wait to hear that voice combined with Mark's, Scott P.'s and Brian's music!!

Love u all!! :hippy:

hey we all agree on something, the music and voice of kennedy does indeed rock! now would be at time to party! :balloons: :makeout: :rockout:

Dogstar
05-21-2004, 05:23 PM
agh you finally got it! :D i could see the cornell comparison there straight away ( a positive BTW) but with summergirl did not jeff buckley come back from his watery grave? he has his own voice and style however and hearing him got my excited for alter bridge. mark writing that great music and those solos, the rythmn section of brian and flip and myles the cream on the strawberries how good is it going to be? :)

he's a good lead guitarist as well playing all the guitar in that album, that solo in believe is hella good! a greater number and more complex solos (thats where mark comes in) and alter bridge will rock! zia uddin their drummer is also badarse! :)

YES, Summergirl is definitely Buckley-esque. I'd love to hear him go high like that more! I listened to it again today :) and I don't know if it's the mixing or production or what, but on the harder songs, the vocals seem diminished, and they're really good! They almost seem in the background compared to the instruments...Heh, it also could be that I'm going deaf :D...Anyway, I'm really digging the CD and yes, the solo in Believe is really good. I will be getting Fallout, too, probably online!

aussiecreeder
05-21-2004, 09:15 PM
YES, Summergirl is definitely Buckley-esque. I'd love to hear him go high like that more! I listened to it again today :) and I don't know if it's the mixing or production or what, but on the harder songs, the vocals seem diminished, and they're really good! They almost seem in the background compared to the instruments...Heh, it also could be that I'm going deaf :D...Anyway, I'm really digging the CD and yes, the solo in Believe is really good. I will be getting Fallout, too, probably online!

everyone i've talked to has said that second skin is better but fallout has some really good stuff as well. its not as rock radio friendly and a bit more experimental. i like second skin more but i'ld be interested to see what you think.

Dogstar
05-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I know you've said that before, but I want it anyway. I like experimental sometimes. I'll be on the hunt for it :D.

aussiecreeder
05-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I know you've said that before, but I want it anyway. I like experimental sometimes. I'll be on the hunt for it :D.

cool....

when discussing jeff buckley someone over at the pj board said this which brought a smile to my face! see? :D

You would have a damn hard time finding anyone that could sing like Jeff (Buckley). Myles Kennedy from The Mayfield Four maybe comes close in some categories.

Dogstar
05-22-2004, 04:04 PM
cool....

when discussing jeff buckley someone over at the pj board said this which brought a smile to my face! see? :D

You would have a damn hard time finding anyone that could sing like Jeff (Buckley). Myles Kennedy from The Mayfield Four maybe comes close in some categories.

Cool!!!

aussiecreeder
05-22-2004, 07:33 PM
Cool!!!

yep seems like alter bridge will get a fairer go over there because some do give respect to mark and they do admit myles is a top singer, but its still creed related to its going to have to knock their socks off!

Dogstar
05-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I just hope they do! :D

aussiecreeder
05-23-2004, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I hear ya. I just hope they do! :D

i know this sounds quite revengeful but i wouldn't mind if some of these haters hate a big slice of humble pie! :)