Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Mark--Soloing All Over The Place!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Mark--Soloing All Over The Place!!

Gabriel
04-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that Mark ran into the wrestler Chris Jericho at the recording studio. Chris is working at the same studio prepping his next release with his band Fozzy. Chris asked Mark if he would like to do a guest solo on the Fozzy cd and Mark agreed and recorded it yesterday for him.

Michael

Steve
04-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Wow, that's great info! Thanks for it!

Higher_Desire
04-19-2004, 06:56 PM
YES! Chris Jericho rocks! It's a bit weird to hear his music because of watching him each week on WWE.

Thanks for the news, Michael.

H-D :naughty:

hayley
04-19-2004, 07:10 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE JERICHO!!! How awesome is that? WOW cool

Thanks Michael you just made my day

Echelon122
04-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that Mark ran into the wrestler Chris Jericho at the recording studio. Chris is working at the same studio prepping his next release with his band Fozzy. Chris asked Mark if he would like to do a guest solo on the Fozzy cd and Mark agreed and recorded it yesterday for him.

Michael

you're a post whore today LOL.

I don't follow Wrestling like I used to...I didn't realize Chris was still doing the band thing on the side....cool.

:smokin: :smokin:

Creed_Defaultgirl
04-19-2004, 10:05 PM
He's definantly been all over the place. I can say 1 thing, I won't be able to buy all this!! He would have me living on the streets if we did!

Trees of Wisdom
04-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Great news! Mark has been really busy. :eek:

facelessman
04-20-2004, 02:04 AM

Michael
no way, thats awesome. i wonder if he does that kinda stuff out of the goodness of his heart, or for a price.

aussiecreeder
04-20-2004, 06:40 AM
no way, thats awesome. i wonder if he does that kinda stuff out of the goodness of his heart, or for a price.

i'm sure he'll get paid for it, but its not something that is going to deliever the big bucks. something for a friend i think, and hey any excuse to do a solo! :D he is a busy boy, this is such great news although can we afford to buy this, michael angelo (i crave pizza no more) battio's cd, and obviously Submersed and the Creed stuff? lets take our credit cards to the cleaners! :D thats why i don't have one..........

Gabriel
04-20-2004, 12:38 PM

Actually he did it out of the goodness of his heart. Mark and I met Jericho last year in Tampa through a friend of ours Adam(Edge in the WWE). Jericho told Mark at the time that he was going to do a new Fozzy cd and asked him if he'd do a guest spot on it and Mark agreed. Nothing more was ever heard until Mark happened to run into him at the studio. Mark told him he remembered the convo in Tampa and that if Jericho needed him for anything he would do it. Mark is doing it as a favor and is taking no money for it.

Michael

aussiecreeder
04-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Actually he did it out of the goodness of his heart. Mark and I met Jericho last year in Tampa through a friend of ours Adam(Edge in the WWE). Jericho told Mark at the time that he was going to do a new Fozzy cd and asked him if he'd do a guest spot on it and Mark agreed. Nothing more was ever heard until Mark happened to run into him at the studio. Mark told him he remembered the convo in Tampa and that if Jericho needed him for anything he would do it. Mark is doing it as a favor and is taking no money for it.

Michael

wow that is very cool and quite generous! lets face it some of us will buy it purely for the sake of hearing Mark solo (and some of us will just download it). hey mark has the build for "sport-entertainment" maybe he could go in the WWE or whatever its called these days? :) So is Jericho the guitarist/vocalist for Fozzy? What style of music do they play? Straight-up rock I assume......

Michael one question you raised the possiblity of a press release about Creed's future, is that still on the cards? thanks for the update......

DangerousDan85
04-20-2004, 01:33 PM
This is gonna be awesome! Jericho is my favorite wrestler and Fozzy rock, I got their 2nd cd Happenstance and their dvd that Jericho signed ('cause i preordered it). Now my favorite guitarist Mark is gonna be on their new cd, it doesn't get much better than that.

I remember hearing about Edge (Adam Copeland) going to a Submersed concert with Mark, that's cool that they're friends. Edge is also one of my favorite wrestlers, he just came back to the ring not that long ago, he was out like 15 months with a broken neck.

for those unfamilar with Fozzy, check out this bio

Fozzy Bio (http://www.fozzyrock.com/temp-bio.html)

JulieCitySlicker
04-20-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm not a fan of wrestling, but that is really cool :)

Good on Mark :D

The Lithium
04-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Micheal, you're just as awesome as your brother! Sad enough I don't know anyone of you, but as far as I know you're GOOD people! Mark always rate the fans higher than anyone and you... You go online to give us info that you wouldn't have to do. But you know that we love it, so you do it anyway. Man, I look up to you guys!

Higher_Desire
04-20-2004, 05:51 PM

Michael
Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. You're friends with Edge!!!??? That's freaking awesome! Edge is my favorite star in the WWE right now. It kicked major arse last night when he and Chris Benoit won the world tag championships. Do you think you could put in a good word for me and maybe get me an autograph? Or have him convince the WWE to do another show in Boise (but not during the summer) and let me meet him for, like, five minutes?

I think I have a new best friend. :rolleyes:

H-D :eyes:

Bridge of Clay
04-20-2004, 10:07 PM
I don't care, just want to hear it! :)

Wylde-Tremonti
04-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Has Anyone Seen that YJStinger Commercial w/ him... He sounded Good... BUT DAMN... CHRIS, YOU DONT HAVE TO JUMP AROUND LIKE AN 80'S MORON!!!!! lol.... has anyone seen that? HILARIOUS!!!

Higher_Desire
04-21-2004, 12:38 AM
Has Anyone Seen that YJStinger Commercial w/ him... He sounded Good... BUT DAMN... CHRIS, YOU DONT HAVE TO JUMP AROUND LIKE AN 80'S MORON!!!!! lol.... has anyone seen that? HILARIOUS!!!
Yeah, I've seen it. But with the stage name of "Mongoose McQueen" what do you expect?

facelessman
04-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. You're friends with Edge!!!??? That's freaking awesome! Edge is my favorite star in the WWE right now. It kicked major arse last night when he and Chris Benoit won the world tag championships. Do you think you could put in a good word for me and maybe get me an autograph? Or have him convince the WWE to do another show in Boise (but not during the summer) and let me meet him for, like, five minutes?

I think I have a new best friend. :rolleyes:

i knew you were goin to freak out about that haha

hayley
04-21-2004, 02:02 AM
that's cool that they're friends.
Yeah I know, it's awesome, I never would have thought that. Jericho is like my second fav wrestler that's pretty cool.

Do you think you could put in a good word for me and maybe get me an autograph?
Yeah and Michael while youre at it, get Edge to talk to Jeff Hardy and get an autograph for me :D lol :eek: I doubt it that's too much trouble but oh my god just imagine that....

:laugh: I haven't seen the add, they dont' show stuff like that in NZ. :( Sounds pretty funny I bet he did a kick ass job.

hayley
04-21-2004, 02:03 AM
Oh my gosh I just checked out that Fozzy bio, check out those leather pants Jericho has on :naughty:

The Lithium
04-21-2004, 11:45 AM
"I think that you are real fit
Fit, fit, fit, but my gosh, don't you know it?" - The Streets. (Suck-ass song anyway).

DangerousDan85
04-21-2004, 01:23 PM
BUT DAMN... CHRIS, YOU DONT HAVE TO JUMP AROUND LIKE AN 80'S MORON!!!!! lol.... has anyone seen that? HILARIOUS!!!

that's just Moongoose being the most charismatic frontman in the history of rock! :roll:

Fozzy was stuck in Japan for 20 years because of a contract and bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Motley Crue all stole their material. But now Fozzy is back to take over.

They are HUGE ROCK STARS!!!

hey matt, did you know that Zakk Wylde auditioned for Fozzy, but he wasn't quite up to the level of Fozzy, so he didn't make the cut. lol

Higher_Desire
04-21-2004, 05:03 PM
I hope he didn't do a solo in "Don't You Wish You Were Me"

"And don't you wish you were me
the king of all you see?
And don't you wish you were me?

That song annoys the hell out me. I don't wish I was Jericho. He's a pompus ass. He deserved exactly what he got at WrestleMania. He turned into a soft wussy all gaa-gaa over Trish. That FDDBBFTBH!

H-D :ghost:

Sheila63
04-21-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm not a fan of wrestling, but that is really cool :)

Good on Mark :D

I'm not a wrestling fan either, but I think that's awesome!! I LOVE listening to Mark's solos. :) Thanks for the news and keeping us updated, Michael. I appreciate you sharing what you can with us.

Trees of Wisdom
04-21-2004, 07:16 PM
I hope he didn't do a solo in "Don't You Wish You Were Me"

"And don't you wish you were me
the king of all you see?
And don't you wish you were me?

That song annoys the hell out me. I don't wish I was Jericho. He's a pompus ass. He deserved exactly what he got at WrestleMania. He turned into a soft wussy all gaa-gaa over Trish. That FDDBBFTBH!

Dude, Trish is one hot momma. :eek:

aussiecreeder
04-21-2004, 07:35 PM
that's just Moongoose being the most charismatic frontman in the history of rock! :roll:

Fozzy was stuck in Japan for 20 years because of a contract and bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Motley Crue all stole their material. But now Fozzy is back to take over.

They are HUGE ROCK STARS!!!

hey matt, did you know that Zakk Wylde auditioned for Fozzy, but he wasn't quite up to the level of Fozzy, so he didn't make the cut. lol

:wtf: judas preist and iron maiden legends of rock stole off fozzy? zakk wylde tried out and wasen't up to the standard??????????

Higher_Desire
04-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Yeah she is, but she's still a FDDBBFTBH. Personally, I'm in love with Torrie Wilson. At least I've met her.

hayley
04-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Awww. I love Jericho because he's a bad boy. :D And yeah he was an ass with Trish but it was kinda funny.

Yeah she's my favourite diva and she is so pretty.

Trees of Wisdom
04-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Yeah she is, but she's still a FDDBBFTBH. Personally, I'm in love with Torrie Wilson. At least I've met her.

FDDBBFTBH? :confused:

Trish is sexy and seductive, but Sunny was probably the hottest female in the WWE (WWF when she was around).

hayley
04-21-2004, 07:52 PM
Ew Torrie looks fake

Stacy Keibler has to be second though on the pretty list...she's beautiful and doesn't act like a skank :eek:

benkenobi
04-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Whoa!!! I've been out of the loop for a week or so with school and stuff. Can somebody sum up for me who or what Mark has been contributing solo stuff for? I would like to see a list so I can keep up with releases to hear the new stuff. :D Thanks!!!

aussiecreeder
04-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Whoa!!! I've been out of the loop for a week or so with school and stuff. Can somebody sum up for me who or what Mark has been contributing solo stuff for? I would like to see a list so I can keep up with releases to hear the new stuff. :D Thanks!!!

so far to my knowledge we have;

Michael Angeleo (i crave pizza no more) Battio
Fozzy
am i missing anyone?

hayley
04-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Yeah it sucks when you have to go back to school.

If you go back to the first page, and read just the first post, the very first one, you will be happy. :D

Higher_Desire
04-21-2004, 11:14 PM
FDDBBFTBH? :confused:
LOL. I was wondering when someone was going to ask that. It's what Jericho called Trish just after WrestleMania on his "Highlight Reel" on Raw. It stands for Filthy, Dirty, Disgusting, Brutal, Bottom-Feeding, Trash Bag HO!

hayley
04-21-2004, 11:18 PM
I love Jerichos Highlight Reel, but it always ends up turning into shit for him lol

DangerousDan85
04-22-2004, 12:46 AM
:wtf: judas preist and iron maiden legends of rock stole off fozzy? zakk wylde tried out and wasen't up to the standard??????????

si senor

DangerousDan85
04-22-2004, 12:48 AM
LOL. I was wondering when someone was going to ask that. It's what Jericho called Trish just after WrestleMania on his "Highlight Reel" on Raw. It stands for Filthy, Dirty, Disgusting, Brutal, Bottom-Feeding, Trash Bag HO!

i remember when he first called Stephanie McMahon that back in 2000, it was hilarious

on the topic of WWE Divas, Trish and Stacy are my favorites, but Torrie's a babe also

benkenobi
04-22-2004, 11:31 AM
If you go back to the first page, and read just the first post, the very first one, you will be happy. :D

Yeah, I did read the first post when I first came in here. It's sounds awesome!!! I just wanted to know if there were any other side projects away from his side project.

hayley
04-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Not that we know of, at the moment

aussiecreeder
04-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Not that we know of, at the moment

i hope the downshifter project goes ahead someday (the band with some members of Sevendust in it). also an instrumental album from Tremonti would be cool.

The Lithium
04-23-2004, 02:20 PM
The coolest would be if Creed would join forces again in a few years.

hayley
04-23-2004, 07:32 PM
"Join forces" :laugh: You make it sound like Star Wars ;) But I agree, that would be my ultimate wish, I still hope every day that it will happen, but I can't see it in the near future, maybe like 5 years or something

aussiecreeder
04-23-2004, 07:52 PM
"Join forces" :laugh: You make it sound like Star Wars ;) But I agree, that would be my ultimate wish, I still hope every day that it will happen, but I can't see it in the near future, maybe like 5 years or something

i hope a lot sooner then 5 years, that is one long hiatus! i was thinking 2........

hayley
04-24-2004, 04:14 AM
Do you rekon? I'm not sure, I mean obviously this is serious, and Alter Bridge have worked seriously hard and quickly to get this new band on the road, up and running. If they had doubts that they would get back together as Creed in like what you said, 2 or so years, do you think they would have gone to this climax so fast? I know other bands have broken up then got back together, but they have kind of hung out a lot before they started another band, whereas these guys did it basically straight away.

But, you never know, I could be wrong, they could be back together and better than ever in a year, but I just can't see it happening, but that's just my opinion. :)

Higher_Desire
04-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Guys, remember, we've been told by Stapp and Michael that Creed is definetly NOT over, so I don't think you need to worry. Yes, they've been working hard on getting the band going and getting the album done, but it has been OVER 2 AND A HALF YEARS since the release of Weathered (October 20, 2001). Maybe, just maybe, they want to do something for the fans. If Stapp wasn't able or wanting to do something right now, Mark and Flip may have wanted to, and obviously they couldn't get another singer and release something under the name of Creed.

We've already been told that they promised to commit 10 years to each other, then maybe explore different things. That 10 years ended in February of this year, and Stapp has been looking at other things (such as what he has said about looking at movie scripts, and there's still that Scott Stapp Entertainment thing we don't know anything about), and maybe the other two still wanted to do music, so that's what they're doing.

Just my :2cents:

H-D :suave:

hayley
04-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Interesting...who knows

Bridge of Clay
04-24-2004, 09:42 PM
During a CreedPit chat, Michael was on, and people were saying they miss Creed and their songs and new stuff. He replied "I know, they know. That's why they're (Mark/Flip) doing this!". It was around the time the rumours about the new band started, after the M&G when Mark said Creed was done.

By the way, notice I'm NOT quoting Michael. I was told about that as well. I don't think those were his exact words, but it was something to that extent.

hayley
04-25-2004, 04:56 AM
So what's he trying to say?

The Lithium
04-25-2004, 05:10 AM
I think H-D is right. That's what I've been thinking about this whole thing all the time. Finally someone who backs me up!

hide
04-25-2004, 08:23 AM
I think H-D is right. That's what I've been thinking about this whole thing all the time. Finally someone who backs me up!

to me it appears that for whatever reason Scott took too long and finally for whatever reason the studio didn't work out. perhaps scott wanted to go out on his own, i'm not sure. that doesn't mean a break-up has occured because surely we would have being told. perhaps the chemistry wasen't there but there is always hope for the future. but for now these projects will keep us more then entertained.

Gabriel
04-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Guys, remember, we've been told by Stapp and Michael that Creed is definetly NOT over, so I don't think you need to worry. Yes, they've been working hard on getting the band going and getting the album done, but it has been OVER 2 AND A HALF YEARS since the release of Weathered (October 20, 2001). Maybe, just maybe, they want to do something for the fans. If Stapp wasn't able or wanting to do something right now, Mark and Flip may have wanted to, and obviously they couldn't get another singer and release something under the name of Creed.

We've already been told that they promised to commit 10 years to each other, then maybe explore different things. That 10 years ended in February of this year, and Stapp has been looking at other things (such as what he has said about looking at movie scripts, and there's still that Scott Stapp Entertainment thing we don't know anything about), and maybe the other two still wanted to do music, so that's what they're doing.

Just my :2cents:

H-D :suave:

As a word of warning.. dont hang on a quote that was made from me back in November. As you can all probabaly tell things change over time. I'm quite sure that Wind-up will clear things up in a press release in due time.

Michael

The Lithium
04-25-2004, 12:39 PM
As a word of warning.. dont hang on a quote that was made from me back in November. As you can all probabaly tell things change over time. I'm quite sure that Wind-up will clear things up in a press release in due time.

Well, no. You're right, you can't even controll the band, you're not even a member. But if Stapp tells us that this doesn't have to be the end, I think that he has to be pretty sure, 'cause the fans will always remember that. But you're not him, so you don't have to explain what he meant when he said that, I just quoited him. But there's not a single fan out there who doesn't hope that Creed will join forces again.

As for the name. Alter Bridge... Did Flip's mom have the permission to give us the name? 'Cause I talked to you the day before, and you said that you couldn't. And can you back that up now when we finally know? Or do you have to wait for Wind-up to tell us? Everyone knows that www.alterbridge.com is reserved by Wind-up and that www.alterbridge.net is reserved by Dan.

Bridge of Clay
04-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Michael:
ok, so I understand from your post that Creed is "finito", done and that W-Up will clear things up, probably when both of the projects get recorded and ready to be launched.

Well, I always expected things would change for the better, it's sad. They had wonderful chemestry.

Lithium:
Easy. Remember Stapp is an excellent PR man. I think his intention was just to hold the "rumours" a bit until W-U thinks it's time to announce.

aussiecreeder
04-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Michael:
ok, so I understand from your post that Creed is "finito", done and that W-Up will clear things up, probably when both of the projects get recorded and ready to be launched.

Well, I always expected things would change for the better, it's sad. They had wonderful chemestry.

Lithium:
Easy. Remember Stapp is an excellent PR man. I think his intention was just to hold the "rumours" a bit until W-U thinks it's time to announce.

if that is the case it has gone past PR and that would be a blatant lie IMHO.

Higher_Desire
04-26-2004, 12:52 PM

Michael
I'm sorry. Just a bit of hope I'm holding on to. Just out of curiosity... this isn't you little way of saying (or hinting) that Creed isn't together anymore and actually decided to not get back together in the future, is it?

H-D :glasses: