Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Suggestion for Punisher contest [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Punisher contest

Higher_Desire
04-19-2004, 02:04 AM
Hey Steve -- On the contest entries, I think it would be better if we had to enter our password as well. With just having to enter your screen-name, people could enter other people's names so they get disqualified for more than one entry. Just a suggestion for future contests.

H-D :darkdance

Steve
04-19-2004, 08:18 AM
I log IP addresses of who entered the username. If it doesn't match an IP used with that board account, it won't be counted as a valid entry... i.e. if you entered my username in the form, it will list your IP with my username. I can verify if the IP is valid for my username. If it isn't, it won't be considered a valid entry and I'll just remove that entry from the contest.

Higher_Desire
04-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Ooohhhhhh. Gotcha.

H-D :naughty:

benkenobi
04-22-2004, 08:31 PM
I log IP addresses of who entered the username. If it doesn't match an IP used with that board account, it won't be counted as a valid entry... i.e. if you entered my username in the form, it will list your IP with my username. I can verify if the IP is valid for my username. If it isn't, it won't be considered a valid entry and I'll just remove that entry from the contest.

I was logged into a school computer, but with my password and username. That still counts correct?

Steve
04-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Yes it counts. Anytime you log in to your account, no matter what computer its from, the IP address is logged with your username. So I'll know it was you.