Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
To whom it may concern.... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : To whom it may concern....

creedchick02
04-15-2004, 07:50 PM
:confused: Is it just me or am i the only one NOT!!!!!!!!! excited about this new band of Marks, I LOVE CREED as we know it and i guess i'm just afraid that this new band will make something of themselves and forget about Creed, here's praying that they are not down to their last breath :( :( :2cents:

Shadow
04-15-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm looking forward to it. Excited - NO, not in any way. Any excitement I might have had about it is long gone. There has been so much secrecy, and heresay that I have a headache over it.

I am however excited about Scott's solo project. It was mostly Scott's lyrics and his voice that attracted me to Creed in the first place. Scott is an entertainer, he needs to be in the spotlight, so I expect great new music from him.

When "official" word comes out that Creed is gone, I will be very, very upset. But, I'm trying to look positively at this. Creed is my favorite band, and I've said it before, I very easily slip into withdrawal of the fact that they are not together right now recording. Creed was something very special. Time heals all wounds. It could be a few years, but they'll be back. :D

creedchick02
04-15-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm looking forward to it. Excited - NO, not in any way. Any excitement I might have had about it is long gone. There has been so much secrecy, and heresay that I have a headache over it.

I am however excited about Scott's solo project. It was mostly Scott's lyrics and his voice that attracted me to Creed in the first place. Scott is an entertainer, he needs to be in the spotlight, so I expect great new music from him.

When "official" word comes out that Creed is gone, I will be very, very upset. But, I'm trying to look positively at this. Creed is my favorite band, and I've said it before, I very easily slip into withdrawal of the fact that they are not together right now recording. Creed was something very special. Time heals all wounds. It could be a few years, but they'll be back. :D

I like your outlook, and you are right about STAPP...he was the one who drew me in too, maybe that is why i'm having a hard time about this new band thing....i mean the lead singer is the first one you see and hear right? don't get me wrong i love the other guys too but i would never have known them or be drawn to them if it was not for Scott.

Shadow
04-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Scott was always the one that was most recognized. Unfortunately sometimes that worked against him. He is very quickly critcized for things he says and does. How often did you ever see Mark or Flip (or Brian) ever speak up during interviews? Very rarely compared to Stapp. And look how things turned out. Stapp is the one getting blasted for being the outspoken one.

creedchick02
04-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Yes, and that is how it is in most bands, i love CREED, DISTURBED, and GODSMACK...and Scott David and Sully...always gets ragged on but it seems Scott the most.

Wylde-Tremonti
04-15-2004, 09:38 PM
:confused: Is it just me or am i the only one NOT!!!!!!!!! excited about this new band of Marks, I LOVE CREED as we know it and i guess i'm just afraid that this new band will make something of themselves and forget about Creed, here's praying that they are not down to their last breath :( :( :2cents:
Here's My :2cents:...
GET...OVER...IT
Who Cares if Mark's Band Over shadows Creed?
You'll Still have all of Creed's Music... and 2x The amount of new stuff from both Mark's band and Scott's Solo effort.
I REALLY Don't see a downside to all of this...

Dogstar
04-15-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm very excited that both Mark and Scott are still working in music, along with Flip and Brian Marshall. I'm equally interested in whatever they put out separately. I, too, hope they will reunite as Creed, but if they don't, I'm at least thankful for what they did give us, and not only the music. I have some wonderful, wonderful friends because of Creed, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Wylde-Tremonti
04-15-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm very excited that both Mark and Scott are still working in music, along with Flip and Brian Marshall. I'm equally interested in whatever they put out separately. I, too, hope they will reunite as Creed, but if they don't, I'm at least thankful for what they did give us, and not only the music. I have some wonderful, wonderful friends because of Creed, and for that I will be eternally grateful.
Yeah... Creed will always be together in our memories... W/o these guys... i'd probably be overweight, mentally disturbed, and NOT INTO GUITARS *Shudders at the thought*

hayley
04-15-2004, 11:34 PM
I am sad but disapointed, but trying to look on the bright side of this, I can't wait for the music

Trees of Wisdom
04-15-2004, 11:37 PM
We're getting a double dose of Creed, guys, so don't worry.

facelessman
04-15-2004, 11:43 PM
im super-excited about it, but i still hope that Creed does continue to do their thing.

Trees of Wisdom
04-15-2004, 11:55 PM
im super-excited about it, but i still hope that Creed does continue to do their thing.

I don't neccessarily want Creed to come back if they'll suck. Creed did go into the studio to record and the chemisty they had with each other was just not there anymore.

facelessman
04-16-2004, 12:01 AM
I don't neccessarily want Creed to come back if they'll suck. Creed did go into the studio to record and the chemisty they had with each other was just not there anymore.
well thats why they took some time off...maybe when(if) they get back together they can work with each other and produce some good music as usual.

creedchick02
04-16-2004, 01:31 AM
Here's My :2cents:...
GET...OVER...IT
Who Cares if Mark's Band Over shadows Creed?
You'll Still have all of Creed's Music... and 2x The amount of new stuff from both Mark's band and Scott's Solo effort.
I REALLY Don't see a downside to all of this...

I was starting a disscusion on my feelings DO not tell me to get over it, you can tell me your feelings on the matter but that is all....here's your :2cents: Back :wtf:

facelessman
04-16-2004, 02:44 AM
dang, y'all chill now

hayley
04-16-2004, 04:42 AM
Yeah, eat some cookies

Kim V.
04-16-2004, 03:26 PM

Shadow, without even looking to see what anyone else posted after yours, I have to reply....I completely agree with EVERYTHING you said, from start to finish! It's as if you know my exact feelings about all this and posted it for me! ;)

Shadow
04-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Shadow, without even looking to see what anyone else posted after yours, I have to reply....I completely agree with EVERYTHING you said, from start to finish! It's as if you know my exact feelings about all this and posted it for me! ;)
Kim,
I thought I was going to get blasted for saying those things. I'm glad I'm not alone :D

Robyn

Sheila63
04-16-2004, 07:12 PM

Count me in as another person who feels the same way as you, Robyn. :)

creedwisdom
04-16-2004, 09:34 PM
count me with y'all, shadow, kim v., and creedchick! my feelings are w/ya! i have always felt fans were being somewhat manipulated by all the "don't tell anyone, but...." and gabriel's strategic "leakings". i love mark, but wish he'd just be straight-up and speak for himself.

that is another reason i respect scott so much. despite all the slams, he never "hides in the shadows" he also responds with grace and kindness to his bandmates, is even self-effacing, i think, no matter what the reports of their attitudes towards him. he understands that some personal matters are sacred, for the sake of his son, his family, and his sanity, which, i feel is why he likely should never and will never discuss the end of 02.

he also knows that the force for good that CREED is goes far beyond the sum of three very talented artists.....

if CREED never makes more music, i will still daily be touched and blessed by the legacy we have already, but i do pray time and healing will once more allow the CREED annointing :)

facelessman
04-17-2004, 02:43 AM
Kim,
I thought I was going to get blasted for saying those things. I'm glad I'm not alone :D

Robyn
do you feel as if youve been blasted?

tremonti4life04
04-17-2004, 03:09 AM
To be honest with you, i am rather excited about tremonti's solo album because i've been waiting to hear him at his full potential, which i dont think he ever reached with creed. Of course, im a weirdo too, it seems like i follow bands that have awesome guitarists, but stapps lyrics/singing brought me to creed. Im pretty disappointed that it "may be over" and that they are "taking a break" but i think that this will give tremonti and stapp both room to shine. Who knows, maybe things will work out with both of them or they could realize that creed was a good thing, and get back together. Personally I would rather have creed than a breakup, but its better to have to awesome artists making solo albums....Things might get interesting and we will see a little competition between tremonti and stapp, a race for record sales or something, that would be interesting.

facelessman
04-17-2004, 03:43 AM
Things might get interesting and we will see a little competition between tremonti and stapp, a race for record sales or something, that would be interesting.
yeah, but if one succeeds(sp?) over another, ill feel bad for the guy that doesnt do as good, ya know?

Trees of Wisdom
04-17-2004, 03:50 AM
yeah, but if one succeeds(sp?) over another, ill feel bad for the guy that doesnt do as good, ya know?

I think the solo projects is them seeing who is better than who. Like Mark and the guys telling Scott Stapp that they can succeed with or without his help. And Scott Stapp telling them that they're nothing without him. It's all a competition!

tremonti4life04
04-17-2004, 03:51 AM
true, but you know that neither of them are going to sell the exact same amount of albums, and that wouldnt be anything short of a miracle if they did. But, i think behind the scenes there will be some friendly competiton. I dont want to see one of them beat the other, but you know the only thing they may come to a tie in is the Certification of their album by the RIAA. One of them will out-do the other unless we stand against it, and buy up the albums that make up the difference! ;)

Trees of Wisdom
04-17-2004, 03:52 AM
true, but you know that neither of them are going to sell the exact same amount of albums, and that wouldnt be anything short of a miracle if they did. But, i think behind the scenes there will be some friendly competiton. I dont want to see one of them beat the other, but you know the only thing they may come to a tie in is the Certification of their album by the RIAA. One of them will out-do the other unless we stand against it, and buy up the albums that make up the difference! ;)

Let's see who needs who!

facelessman
04-17-2004, 04:04 AM
my votes for tremonti, heh heh

Trees of Wisdom
04-17-2004, 04:06 AM
my votes for tremonti, heh heh

Tremonti, Flip, and Brian actually. I am behind them all the way!

facelessman
04-17-2004, 04:16 AM
Tremonti, Flip, and Brian actually.!
ahh, good call

The Lithium
04-17-2004, 08:20 AM
I don't know how many times I've said this, but I'll say it again! I love Stapp, Mark and Flip to death!! And I know that no one of them will ever "fail" us. I have so much faith in this guys! I'm SO excited about this new band and I'm SO excited about Stapp's solo. Of course I'd like it better if they were still together, but this is the way it is and we can't change it, so why worry. Hopefully they will join forces again in a few years and get back stronger and better!! I really can't wait to hear this two new albums! And I'm also SO excited about Submersed!!

Trees of Wisdom
04-17-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't know how many times I've said this, but I'll say it again! I love Stapp, Mark and Flip to death!! And I know that no one of them will ever "fail" us. I have so much faith in this guys! I'm SO excited about this new band and I'm SO excited about Stapp's solo. Of course I'd like it better if they were still together, but this is the way it is and we can't change it, so why worry. Hopefully they will join forces again in a few years and get back stronger and better!! I really can't wait to hear this two new albums! And I'm also SO excited about Submersed!!

I'm starting to anticipate Submersed's debut album more than Mark's solo project. :wtf:

The Lithium
04-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Yeah, me too!! I'm almost more excited about Submersed. But then of course... If I had to choose between them I would pick the new Mark/Flip band.

Shadow
04-17-2004, 03:06 PM
do you feel as if youve been blasted?
No, and I'm shocked. I'm not against Mark or Flip or Brian in any way (I want to make that clear). I'm just more for Stapp. Stapp is all by his lonesome ;) LOL. While Mark still has Flip and Brian.

Wylde-Tremonti
04-17-2004, 03:09 PM
I think in a way Stapp's always been alone... i remember The Makin the Vid for My Sack Of Rice... Mark was like... as fas as i'm concerned this is Scott's show... Flip and i are just Back Up...

i just think Mark and Flip didn't wanna be 2nd stage anymore...

Echelon122
04-17-2004, 03:27 PM
There's nothing that says you HAVE to be excited for ANY of the upcoming things. You don't HAVE to be excited for Stapp's effort, you don't HAVE to be excited for the New band.

There don't have to be sides either. People seem to construe "more excitement for one or the other" As being "against" the other. For some people, I'm sure that's the truth, and that's their choice. I"m MUCH more eager and excited for "TNB" than I am for Stapp. I wish them both success, and I have my thoughts/opinions about who I think will do better album wise.

I'm really though wondering what people need to hear to "get" that Creed's basically over (at least for the time being. Never say never, but don't hold your breath)?
WU is not stupid enough (though I wonder sometimes) to say "Creed, our biggest $$$$ maker, the band that MADE this lable, is breaking up". You SPIN it and say "Extended break". Happens ALL THE TIME in the music world. Bands need breaks. Personalities clash, personal shit goes down, you want time to yourself and your life.

I would rather have them not be forced to co-exist, when it appears that's not what they want. A forced, "We don't really want to do this, but we have to" album would SUCK. It'd be a slap in the face to Creed. If they regroup 5-10 years down the road..if that's the time it takes for things to heal...all the power to them. If this is 100% it....thank you for the music, thank you for the memories, thank you for the friends because of it, and I hope you're happy. As a fan, that's all I can ask.

Wylde-Tremonti
04-17-2004, 03:33 PM
:clap: ^ good post

RockGoddess
04-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Erin, can we go steady? :D

You nailed it girl. As usual.

Echelon122
04-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Erin, can we go steady? :D

You nailed it girl. As usual.

I dunno...can we?? :makeout: :laugh:

Sheila63
04-17-2004, 07:39 PM
There's nothing that says you HAVE to be excited for ANY of the upcoming things. You don't HAVE to be excited for Stapp's effort, you don't HAVE to be excited for the New band.

There don't have to be sides either. People seem to construe "more excitement for one or the other" As being "against" the other. For some people, I'm sure that's the truth, and that's their choice. I"m MUCH more eager and excited for "TNB" than I am for Stapp. I wish them both success, and I have my thoughts/opinions about who I think will do better album wise.

I'm really though wondering what people need to hear to "get" that Creed's basically over (at least for the time being. Never say never, but don't hold your breath)?
WU is not stupid enough (though I wonder sometimes) to say "Creed, our biggest $$$$ maker, the band that MADE this lable, is breaking up". You SPIN it and say "Extended break". Happens ALL THE TIME in the music world. Bands need breaks. Personalities clash, personal shit goes down, you want time to yourself and your life.

I would rather have them not be forced to co-exist, when it appears that's not what they want. A forced, "We don't really want to do this, but we have to" album would SUCK. It'd be a slap in the face to Creed. If they regroup 5-10 years down the road..if that's the time it takes for things to heal...all the power to them. If this is 100% it....thank you for the music, thank you for the memories, thank you for the friends because of it, and I hope you're happy. As a fan, that's all I can ask.

Well said, Erin. :)

aussiecreeder
04-17-2004, 10:13 PM
I think in a way Stapp's always been alone... i remember The Makin the Vid for My Sack Of Rice... Mark was like... as fas as i'm concerned this is Scott's show... Flip and i are just Back Up...

i just think Mark and Flip didn't wanna be 2nd stage anymore...

that is an interestering view, although if they believed that Scott was running the show too much, no matter how introverted they were in comparison to Stapp if they didn't stand up and say "hey it should be done this way" then you can't blame Stapp soley.

Hopefully this press release is brought out as Michael as suggested. Echelon the reason many of us haven't accepted it is because;

a) we don't want to
b) the "official" word from Wind-Up and Scott Stapp has said the band hasen't broken up. You can say this is PR bullcrap but this is the information we have to go on. Obvioulsy something is amiss if they entered the studio and then decided it wasen't working out and did seperate projects. Whether that means they have broken up however is not a fait accompli.

facelessman
04-18-2004, 02:40 AM
yup

Shadow
04-18-2004, 10:36 PM
although if they believed that Scott was running the show too much, no matter how introverted they were in comparison to Stapp if they didn't stand up and say "hey it should be done this way" then you can't blame Stapp soley.
You can say that again.

clara73
04-19-2004, 05:19 PM
CREED, they are indivisually great artists. as an artist, one must keep growing up.
encountering a hiatus or a break up of the favorite band is always a big pain for the fans but if that's what they need to continue each of their lives as an artist, we should not sit and mourn about it too long. instead, we should wish them good luck and enjoy their growth.
i hope that they will reunite somehow at their right time in the future and put out 100s and 1000s times greater album to knock us down so it will let us forget about all these irritated feelings we have now...
but even though they never get reunited, as long as both Stapp and Tremonti continue to make music i will be happy. now i don't care much about when or how the official annoucement to come out any more. thier music will speak better ;)

Jooji_2
04-20-2004, 02:42 PM
I just really don't give a rip anymore. They don't have a name...they don't have a singer....then they do have a name...and they do have a singer...they just can't tell anyone what and who they are....but the music is amazing...trust us. I'm so sick of the term "the new band" I could barf.

When it finally comes out....I'll listen to it. I'm gonna give everything a chance. But, I've listened to this "rumored" singer's voice more than once. With me, I either like it or I don't, and believe me I've tried to like his voice....and this guy.....I don't...sorry.

Ya know if Tremonti and Phillips were pushed aside in interviews, and didn't like it...they have certainly kept very hush hush about this project....you would think they would be out their talking about their "labor of love".

Wake me up when there is finally something to listen to. :D

The Lithium
04-20-2004, 03:33 PM

Well, I think must of us are more excited about the new band right now 'cause they have already started to record the CD and that album will be out in a pretty short future. And we have Micheal that give us updates on the new band all the time. And all the Creed songs are written by Mark, we don't know what might come out of Scott. We don't hear much from Stapp, and we just don't think of him, but sure. I love 'em all to death!! I SURE will buy both albums and in the long run I can't say which one I want must.

I'm not holding my breath, but I do wish and hope that they will get together again in a few years.

Yeah, exactelly, this doesn't have to be the end. And remember that Stapp said to MTV that this doesn't mean the end of Creed.

If they regroup 5-10 years down the road..if that's the time it takes for things to heal...all the power to them. If this is 100% it....thank you for the music, thank you for the memories, thank you for the friends because of it, and I hope you're happy. As a fan, that's all I can ask.

If they will get back together, I think that they will be better than ever!! And if this is it. I really can't thank you guys enough! I don't think you wanna hear about it, but those guys have totally changed my life in well... ALL ways!! Thank you Creed! :tremonti: :stapp: :flip:

Gabriel
04-20-2004, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Jooji_2]I just really don't give a rip anymore. They don't have a name...they don't have a singer....then they do have a name...and they do have a singer...they just can't tell anyone what and who they are....but the music is amazing...trust us. I'm so sick of the term "the new band" I could barf.

When it finally comes out....I'll listen to it. I'm gonna give everything a chance. But, I've listened to this "rumored" singer's voice more than once. With me, I either like it or I don't, and believe me I've tried to like his voice....and this guy.....I don't...sorry.

Ya know if Tremonti and Phillips were pushed aside in interviews, and didn't like it...they have certainly kept very hush hush about this project....you would think they would be out their talking about their "labor of love".

Wake me up when there is finally something to listen to. :D[/QUOTE

I just wanted to respond to your last paragraph-- nobody was pushed aside in interviews. Yes, to this point, the guys have been "hush hush" as far as the media goes about the project. Why? Because they have been busting their asses writing and working on this cd for 12 hours a day, almost every day, for the last few months. There has been NO official promotion for this band yet. And yet, you all know quite a bit about the process of what this band has been going through. Why? Because I have chosen to give this info to the die hard Creed fans that take the time to post and read this and other message boards.

Understand that the people who come to these boards, "the die hards", is a minute fraction of the people who would buy a Creed CD. Understand too, that when I post at these boards, I am probably reaching an audience of about 10,000 people. Seven million people bought their last CD, so do you see my point? From a promotional standpoint, if you look at the big picture, what I'm doing could be considered a waste of time. I, however, don't see it that way. I think that, aside from the few people who feel like barfing, most of the people in the communities and boards appreciate the news. It was the fans that made Creed. I think they have a fervent grass roots following that few other bands can match.

Rest assured, when the time comes to begin the REAL promotion on this CD, you will see the guys eveywhere. Talk shows, music channels, tv spots you name it. The reason you all have been getting just snippets of info from me is becuse I don't work for anybody. I'm not getting paid to do this. I have to defer to the label, management, and legal departments with the info I give. I have not officialy named the singer yet because that is wind-ups job to do in the big press push. The band name, which has been chosen recently, I can not divulge for legal reasons. Copyrights and such. This takes time.

Lastly, I want you to know that this rant is not because of this one post but quite a few I have seen at this board and the VH1 board where you take a negative stand towards the promotional techniques of the new band. It almost seems like you try to make a conspiracy out of it. All the things that have happened with the new band so far has been business as usual in the rock world. The only abnormal thing has been me updating you every step of the way. I will continue to do so because, A) I love my brother, B) I truly believe in the music, C) its my way of giving back to the fans who have supported the boys through hell and back.

Michael

PRS_Tremonti
04-20-2004, 05:42 PM
Well said, Michael. Buddy, without you, we would all just be lost in the dark about everything. So with that said, I personally thank you for all the info. you've given us. Tell Mark I wish his new project the best of luck. I'm counting down the days...One more thing, I read over at the Pit that Jeff Hanson was going to release the official statement on the band on Sunday and that the single would be out in 3 weeks. Any truth to this?

Thanks

Wylde-Tremonti
04-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I will continue to do so because, A) I love my brother, B) I truly believe in the music, C) its my way of giving back to the fans who have supported the boys through hell and back.

Michael
AND THANK YOU MICHAEL... I Dont care what anyones says... I WANT THIS BAND TO COME OUT. I WANT THEM TO BLOW THE SOCKS OFF ALL THE IDIOTS THAT THINK PUNK AND POP REIGNS SUPREME. ROCK RULES!
Like my Sig says, I'm A Tru Fan. You and Your Brothers Rule!
I can't thank you enough for helping us out and givin us the info.
i can't thank Dan enough for making killer Cd Art... i'm an artist myself, and if i dont make it as a guitarist... that's what i wanna do.
And i definately can't think Mark Enough For enspiring me to be a Guitarist.

LONG LIVE THE TREMONTI BROTHERS! :D

Jooji_2
04-20-2004, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=Gabriel[/QUOTE

Lastly, I want you to know that this rant is not because of this one post but quite a few I have seen at this board and the VH1 board where you take a negative stand towards the promotional techniques of the new band. It almost seems like you try to make a conspiracy out of it. All the things that have happened with the new band so far has been business as usual in the rock world. The only abnormal thing has been me updating you every step of the way. I will continue to do so because, A) I love my brother, B) I truly believe in the music, C) its my way of giving back to the fans who have supported the boys through hell and back.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I post what I post at VH1 because that's the only place where the "die-hards" don't jump down my throat for having a differing opinion. I have no conspiracy theory...I'm just simply tired of hearing all the tidbits of information and rumors that have been going on forever. Like I said...when there is something to listen to...I will...and make my decision then. I'm voicing my opinion here, just like you do. I think my reply was in line with the original subject of this thread...sorry if you don't like it.

Trees of Wisdom
04-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Well said Michael. Some people here aren't grateful that you're giving us all this info. You don't have to tell us a thing. I thank you.

Echelon122
04-21-2004, 12:28 AM
I post what I post at VH1 because that's the only place where the "die-hards" don't jump down my throat for having a differing opinion. I have no conspiracy theory...I'm just simply tired of hearing all the tidbits of information and rumors that have been going on forever. Like I said...when there is something to listen to...I will...and make my decision then. I'm voicing my opinion here, just like you do. I think my reply was in line with the original subject of this thread...sorry if you don't like it.

Vh1 still has a board for Creed?? LOL I seriously stopped posting there after promo posting for OLB back in 2002 cause there were just some freaky people there...NOT saying you're one of them, but there were plenty there.

I still maintain there's nothing wrong with not being excited. If everyone were, shit, I'd be scared. LOL.

Like I said...when there is something to listen to...I will...and make my decision then.

And that's the way to look at it!! I'm doing that with both bands. While I'm more excited for TNB, I'm going to give STapp's effort a fair shot at being something I'll like. Till then, it's the excitement of things....and I think there's more excitement going on about TNB, simply cause there is news that things are happening.
No offense to Stapp's effort...but hearing "He has a demo he presented to WU and it's pretty good"....yeah, it's news, it's cool to hear...but for me that doesn't get me excited.

I think that was what was taken exception to, and I'd have to agree with Michael in his post about it. You can't blab everything about a new project from the get go. Well you can, but it'll bite you in the ass. But there's also legally a LOT of stuff that can't be told till things are finalized, and that's just the nature of the music business. Had Myles said no or decided not to be a part of the band, then saying he was the singer months ago would have been pre-mature. Had Brian decided to stick soley with Head Heavy, then saying they were working with him again for a new band would have been shooting themselves in the foot. Granted, those thigns could have happened...but it would have made MArk and Flip look foolish (and unprofessional) to do that. So waiting till everything is lined up is a veteran move.

I'm sure that when the ducks are in a row, there will be promotion up the wazoo. But till there's actually a name to promote, doing promotion would be kinda jumping the gun. But the word of mouth among net-fans is definatly creating some of a buzz. But the non-net fans probably aren't up on much of what's going on.

Addressing that....I'm willing to bet most "non net" Creed fans are vaguely aware of an "extended break...breakup", and even less about what the guys are doing. While net fans are VERY vocal, they're a small fraction of the Creed fan base. But they're also the fans that band members have "easier access to" as far as "in touch" goes. It's easy to post information on a BB. It gets the word out, info goes from board to board. You think that all Creed fans must know what's going on, cause if you read boards, then every Creed fan does...and that's not the case. Net-Fans are, while small fish in a BIG ass pond...sometimes some of the LOUDEST fish when they want to be.

extreme_LITHIUM...dude were you on Creednet...that SN looks VERY familiar. :rockon:

The Lithium
04-21-2004, 12:17 PM
I just really don't give a rip anymore. They don't have a name...they don't have a singer....then they do have a name...and they do have a singer...they just can't tell anyone what and who they are....but the music is amazing...trust us. I'm so sick of the term "the new band" I could barf.

You just don't get it. As Micheal said, these guys have been working their asses off to give us this new material because they love us! They love their fans!

I am probably reaching an audience of about 10,000 people. I'm not getting paid to do this

Micheal, there's not a single die hard Creed fan that doesn't look up to your brother and love him for what he's doing. And I don't think there's a single die hard Creed fan that doesn't look up to you for what you are doing, and I've said this before! I can't speak for anyone else, but I will speak for myslef. I do look up to the Tremonti brothers! I look up to you because you don't have to do this and you're not getting payed, but you give us the info anyway just to be kind 'cause you know we love it! Sad enough I don't know anyone of you 3 guys, but as far as I know Mark also seems to be this "all good" human. He rates the fans higher than anyone does!

It was the fans that made Creed

Man, everytime someone says that I'm freaking out! :D

A) I love my brother, B) I truly believe in the music, C) its my way of giving back to the fans who have supported the boys through hell and back.

I also do love your brother, I really do believe in the music and I will gladly go to hell and back again for these guys! I believe in them and they have changed my life!

Like my Sig says, I'm A Tru Fan. You and Your Brothers Rule!
I can't thank you enough for helping us out and givin us the info.
i can't thank Dan enough for making killer Cd Art... i'm an artist myself, and if i dont make it as a guitarist... that's what i wanna do.
And i definately can't think Mark Enough For enspiring me to be a Guitarist.

LONG LIVE THE TREMONTI BROTHERS! :D

High-five mate!

Jooji_2
04-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Vh1 still has a board for Creed?? LOL I seriously stopped posting there after promo posting for OLB back in 2002 cause there were just some freaky people there...NOT saying you're one of them, but there were plenty there.
:
Yeah....there is still a Creed board at VH1.
That statement makes me laugh considering where you hang out most of the time. I've been told by people from the Mighty Creedpit....that no one that matters posts at VH1 anyway. I'm guessing those people at VH1 would consider themselves fans also, freaky as they might be. There is a difference though. The people who show up there to periodically bash the band or band members....they are actually people who are NOT fans of the band......not fans that get their jollies out of picking everything they find to pieces in order to find some type of negative comment they can make.....in order to entertain themselves. To me....that's a good thing.

Echelon122
04-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah....there is still a Creed board at VH1.
That statement makes me laugh considering where you hang out most of the time. I've been told by people from the Mighty Creedpit....that no one that matters posts at VH1 anyway. I'm guessing those people at VH1 would consider themselves fans also, freaky as they might be. There is a difference though. The people who show up there to periodically bash the band or band members....they are actually people who are NOT fans of the band......not fans that get their jollies out of picking everything they find to pieces in order to find some type of negative comment they can make.....in order to entertain themselves. To me....that's a good thing.

Ok, since I said that when I WAS at the Vh1 boards it was pretty freaky...I don't know why you felt the need to go off.

I have personally never heard ANYONE say anything like that at Pit, then again, if that is someone's opinion of it...Actually, I think it might be because of one person who keeps insisting something that's complete BS...so that ONE person's a tad off.

I don't post at VH1, cause I was there just to promote OLB years ago, and was already active at Talk, Pit, and other boards.

I'm sure the people at Vh1 are fans, and have their share of bashers too.
I didn't say that the Vh1 boards were all whacky or strage...just there are a few "out there" people.

There is a difference though. The people who show up there to periodically bash the band or band members....they are actually people who are NOT fans of the band......not fans that get their jollies out of picking everything they find to pieces in order to find some type of negative comment they can make.....in order to entertain themselves.

There are people like that at every board.

AGain, I said my view of the VH1 board was from the short time I was there years ago, and the scant interation I've had with people on other boards who are from the Vh1 board.

Bridge of Clay
04-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Well said, Michael! I'm truly glad that you're taking your time to post here. Thanks a lot. And I understand what you say and what you can't say. Unfortunately, this board isn't made 100% of die-hard fans. Here we have the die-hard ones, ordinary fans, fans of a single member of the band due his looks and even bashers. That's sad, since the ones who don't fit to the die-hard category can't understand not only your posts but others as well and take everything to an unreasonable personal level.

Please, keep posting here. It's the only board that I have time to check. Steve puts a great effort to run this site, he works his ass so we can have a clean board. Yet, we'll find good seeds and bad seeds here as we find on any other site. I wish we could take the negativity away.

Trees of Wisdom
04-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Ok, since I said that when I WAS at the Vh1 boards it was pretty freaky...I don't know why you felt the need to go off.

I have personally never heard ANYONE say anything like that at Pit, then again, if that is someone's opinion of it...Actually, I think it might be because of one person who keeps insisting something that's complete BS...so that ONE person's a tad off.

I don't post at VH1, cause I was there just to promote OLB years ago, and was already active at Talk, Pit, and other boards.

I'm sure the people at Vh1 are fans, and have their share of bashers too.
I didn't say that the Vh1 boards were all whacky or strage...just there are a few "out there" people.

AGain, I said my view of the VH1 board was from the short time I was there years ago, and the scant interation I've had with people on other boards who are from the Vh1 board.

I stopped posting at the VH1 board around the time OLB was released. Yeah, there are some freaky people at that board.

The Lithium
04-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Well said, Michael! I'm truly glad that you're taking your time to post here. Thanks a lot. And I understand what you say and what you can't say. Unfortunately, this board isn't made 100% of die-hard fans. Here we have the die-hard ones, ordinary fans, fans of a single member of the band due his looks and even bashers. That's sad, since the ones who don't fit to the die-hard category can't understand not only your posts but others as well and take everything to an unreasonable personal level.

True that!

Please, keep posting here. It's the only board that I have time to check. Steve puts a great effort to run this site, he works his ass so we can have a clean board. Yet, we'll find good seeds and bad seeds here as we find on any other site. I wish we could take the negativity away.

Steve rock!!

Jooji_2
04-22-2004, 07:17 AM
...Actually, I think it might be because of one person who keeps insisting something that's complete BS...so that ONE person's a tad off.

Scuse me.....what about *cough*iblewhismind*cough. Hmmmmm...I guess a tad off on one board is different than a tad off on another.

There aren't people like that at VH1.

Maybe if you hadn't made the catty remark about the place, based on your short stay there and your scant interaction, we wouldn't still be having this conversation. :D

aussiecreeder
04-22-2004, 07:48 AM
i'm not going to get into a critique of other boards because basically it is not helpful, but the spreading of conspiracy theories doesn't help anyone. we should be extremely grateful to Michael for keeping a small pocket of fans updated. Sure there is some advantage because it creates a bit of a buzz but it is an inefficent way of getting the message out there.

there would be as many people (at least) who know of Stapp's solo album and that took a couple of t.v apperances vs quite a few posts on differing message boards. Stapp's way is more efficient but you have to admire the Tremonti's for keeping us updated with more in-depth information in a more grass roots fashion. Lets face it we would be buying it anyway, there is no need to convert the brand loyals. memo to Michael I love the song title Metalingus keep it! :)

RockGoddess
04-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Scuse me.....what about *cough*iblewhismind*cough. Hmmmmm...I guess a tad off on one board is different than a tad off on another.

Just to let you know, Iblew's posts are a complete work of fiction and meant to be a joke just to lighten the place up now and then. If you don't go there very often, it would be easy to mistake the posts as the real thing.

aussiecreeder
04-22-2004, 10:31 AM
without giving too much away ( i want to be surprised) rockgoddess any chance on giving us a small hint on the lyrical direction mark has taken and the quality of his lyrics compared to say stapp's? thanks in advance if you can........

Shadow
04-22-2004, 01:04 PM
fans of a single member of the band due his looks
gee, I wonder who you are talking about :lolsign:

Unfortunately, this board isn't made 100% of die-hard fans. Here we have the die-hard ones, ordinary fans, fans of a single member of the band due his looks and even bashers. That's sad, since the ones who don't fit to the die-hard category can't understand not only your posts but others as well and take everything to an unreasonable personal level.
It's not unfortunate - that's what makes the posts interesting - everyone has their own opinions. If we all agreed on everything, wouldn't that be boring?.

I am a die-hard fan, I just happen to be a Stapp fan as well. I don't think just because I like Stapp more I shouldn't be considered a die-hard Creed fan. I'll be supporting Scott, just as I'll support the new band. :)

OneOmerta
04-22-2004, 03:57 PM
I don't think just because I like Stapp more I shouldn't be considered a die-hard Creed fan.

And you shouldn't be considered less of a fan because you like Stapp more. Unfortunately that's how some people view others...by which band member they like the most...which is rediculous. Some people relate to Mark...and some people relate to Stapp and the lyrics he sings. For me...the voice and the lyrics are what "grab" me first...followed by the actual music.

Mertie/Omerta

Shadow
04-22-2004, 04:07 PM
For me...the voice and the lyrics are what "grab" me first...followed by the actual music.
Mertie, that's what I always say. Scott's voice is what first attracted me to Creed, along with Scott's lyrics. I remember the day I got MOP like it was yesterday, and yet it was almost 7 years ago. It was the day Creed became my favorite band.

Sheila63
04-22-2004, 07:35 PM
I am a die-hard fan, I just happen to be a Stapp fan as well. I don't think just because I like Stapp more I shouldn't be considered a die-hard Creed fan. I'll be supporting Scott, just as I'll support the new band. :)

I feel the same way, Robyn. I've always said I'll support and follow all of the guys.:)

Welcome to CreedFeed, Mertie. :D I hope you enjoy your time here.

Kim V.
04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
And you shouldn't be considered less of a fan because you like Stapp more. Unfortunately that's how some people view others...by which band member they like the most...which is rediculous. Some people relate to Mark...and some people relate to Stapp and the lyrics he sings. For me...the voice and the lyrics are what "grab" me first...followed by the actual music.

Mertie/Omerta
My thoughts, exactly, Mertie! I love Mark's guitar playing and Flip's beat, but Scott's voice and lyrics are what drew me in, and it was long before I even knew what any of them looked like!

Welcome to the bb, Mertie! Hope you enjoy it here!

Jooji_2
04-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Just to let you know, Iblew's posts are a complete work of fiction and meant to be a joke just to lighten the place up now and then. If you don't go there very often, it would be easy to mistake the posts as the real thing.

Yeah, and so were the claims by a certain poster at VH1...who I might add hasn't been seen there in months. People considered her little stories works of fiction too. How come iblewhismind never stays over at Tremonti, Phillips or Marshall's house?

I visit there enough to know that there are alot of jokes floating around. Some of them aren't so nice.

Bridge of Clay
04-22-2004, 11:37 PM
It's not unfortunate - that's what makes the posts interesting - everyone has their own opinions. If we all agreed on everything, wouldn't that be boring?.

yeah, but you got brains. I agree.

I was talking about the people who over react when their favorite band member doesn't get a compliment on other people's posts.

Shadow
04-23-2004, 04:06 PM
yeah, but you got brains. I agree.

I was talking about the people who over react when their favorite band member doesn't get a compliment on other people's posts.
I'm sorry, I guess you could tell I took that a little personal, huh. It's not a secret that I'm a Stapp fan.

RockGoddess
04-23-2004, 06:09 PM
How come iblewhismind never stays over at Tremonti, Phillips or Marshall's house?

Maybe she only stays at Stapp's because it's an entirely plausible scenario.

Who knows? I'm just guessing.

Jooji_2
04-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Maybe she only stays at Stapp's because it's an entirely plausible scenario.

Who knows? I'm just guessing.

Fiction doesn't have to be plausible....you freaking make it up. Maybe the place isn't very equal opportunity. It sure doesn't seem that way.

Bridge of Clay
04-23-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm sorry, I guess you could tell I took that a little personal, huh. It's not a secret that I'm a Stapp fan.

No, sorry! I really wasn't talking about you. You're a Stapp fan, but you're reasonable.

A few other girls here that over react too much when people say something unpleasant about their "god". They took him to a (personal) level too high, imho.

luvscott4ever
04-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Well, I'm a true, blue Creed fan!! And I will support them ALL!!! I'm also the kind of person that gets drawn into music, by the music!! If it has the sound I'm into, I'm there...So, with that said, I would have to say it was Marks (and Flip too, because I'm a kit freak, I LOVE the drums) playing that got me to "listen", then I was hit with Scott's voice, it all gelled for me then....They ARE the band that brought me out of the dark age of Rock N Roll and brought me into the "New" Rock N Roll (because it was new music for me) I was turned onto a whole new world of music...Because of CREED!!! Thank you sooo much guys!! Much love and luck to you all!!! :smileyban :crest: <- 4-ever!!

hayley
04-24-2004, 04:01 AM
A few other girls here that over react too much when people say something unpleasant about their "god". They took him to a (personal) level too high, imho.

Like who, name names.

That's weird what you just said, but however, I guess guys just don't see what we see....such a shame, too ;)

Shadow
04-24-2004, 07:56 AM
No, sorry! I really wasn't talking about you. You're a Stapp fan, but you're reasonable.

I'm glad we cleared that up :D (Did you notice that both your posts were at the exact same time, just different days)

I guess guys just don't see what we see....such a shame, too
I think I would be a little worried if guys saw what we saw......:lolsign:

hayley
04-24-2004, 08:18 PM
:laugh: Yeah acutally now that I think about it, I would be scared :yikes:

Bridge of Clay
04-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Cool!

LOL! I didn't realize that at all. Maybe because I only have time to post when I get home from school, before I go to bed. (around that time! shame on me!)

Hal: it's not you as well. I don't need to name names. It'll bring confusion. But if you're curious PM me! heh!

hayley
04-25-2004, 05:11 AM
LOL! I didn't realize that at all. Maybe because I only have time to post when I get home from school, before I go to bed. (around that time! shame on me!)
Yeah it sucks, I have to go back to school tomorrow, leaving me time to post only when I get home from school and then before I go to bed :crying:

Hal:
lol aww! You called me Hal, no ones called me that for ages, I feel special :D

Bridge of Clay
04-25-2004, 06:23 PM
but you're special, Hal! :p

hayley
04-26-2004, 12:10 AM
I am? Aww! Thanks Marcos! :D