Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Passover Seder [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Passover Seder

Higher_Desire
04-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Howard Berger, PhD, Dr. of History here at school is holding an authentic Passover Seder here on campus tonight. He is the only Jewish professor here, and arranged the whole thing. It will take place from 5:30 until 10:00 tonight, with Rabbi Fink of Boise presiding. It was only $7 for a ticket, but should be well worth it. It is supposed to be completely authentic, except we're having chicken instead of the traditional lamb. He celebrates every Jewish holiday, and it's cool to finally be apart of one where the goal isn't to get drunk. It should be a lot of fun. If I remember correctly, there should be about 100 people there total. I'll let you know how it goes.

H-D :nutty:

hayley
04-13-2004, 01:31 AM
and it's cool to finally be apart of one where the goal isn't to get drunk. It should be a lot of fun.
It is? Just kidding

I hope you enjoy youself, it sounds interesting

facelessman
04-13-2004, 02:52 AM
that sounds cool...hey colin, where is your school in relation to byu-i

Higher_Desire
04-13-2004, 08:55 PM
The Seder was way fun. We read pretty much the whole Haggadah, telling the stories, singing songs, playing games, and all that stuff. I can sing in Arabic (Hebrew) now! :D The event lasted for a little over 3 hours, and there was all the Matza you could eat. It tastes like a burnt soda cracker. We'll be doing it again in 2 years. It was a really fun thing to experience.

faceless -- ACI and BYU-I are on opposite sides of the state (we're southwest, it's southeast) and takes a good 5 or 6 hours to drive there.

H-D :rockon:

hayley
04-14-2004, 01:59 AM
Sounds like you had fun, glad you enjoyed yourself