Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Misunderstood Creed Lyrics Of Our Own [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Misunderstood Creed Lyrics Of Our Own

Creed_Defaultgirl
04-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Okay, y'know that site where people posted what they misunderstood lyrics of songs as? Well, this is the same thing, except just Creed stuff. I'll start us off......

Once upon a long time ago, I was singing to "Inside Us All" in the car. And I was a youngin' and I didn't read those lyrics in the lyric books to be sure of what I was singing, and I didn't pay as much attention to the lyrics as I do now. Well anyway, I was singing along, and this is what I WAS saying....

"There's a beast inside your soul, Let it be your friend, There's a beast inside your soul.......................There's a beast, Theres a beast inside your soul, let it be, let it be your friend"

I still laugh about that. I assure you I don't sing it that way anymore! LOL That's just such the opposite of Creed, and it sounds really bad, but I wasn't really paying attention to those kind of things at the age I was at when I did that. I just thought I'd start something like this because it's kinda fun to look back a stupid little mistakes like that and make fun of yourself for being such an idiot!

facelessman
04-07-2004, 12:39 AM
a beast...haha thats awesome

Mr. Prophet Man
04-07-2004, 07:28 AM
i'll try that next time...

TeriB19
04-07-2004, 11:26 AM
I honestly thought Scott said "Unlike folks who hide the truth I tell it like it is" in Freedom Fighter. My daughter used to sing "Uh, but all the others will flyyyy" in My Sacrifice. Not exciting, but that's my story.

Jez
04-07-2004, 02:43 PM
I honestly thought Scott said "Unlike folks who hide the truth I tell it like it is" in Freedom Fighter. My daughter used to sing "Uh, but all the others will flyyyy" in My Sacrifice. Not exciting, but that's my story.

LOL Teri! That's not too far off though ;)

Mine is rather embarrasing.....
Back around '97 and '98 when I didn't know any better, I thought the line was, *Cause we all live under the reign...I said you know of the wolf king..wolf king...wolf king* LMAO

I must have been :smokin:

eta: I can't believe I actually admitted that!

Creed_Defaultgirl
04-07-2004, 05:52 PM
LOL! This is the first time that story has even gotten out of my family! I just thought it would be kind of a fun post. I'm just glad no one heard me sing it that way except my mom!

Wolf King! haha, that's pretty good. I wonder what the Creed guys would think of us if they saw some of these things!

Sheila63
04-08-2004, 11:58 AM
I honestly thought Scott said "Unlike folks who hide the truth I tell it like it is" in Freedom Fighter.

I thought the same thing, Teri, LOL.

farmgirl
04-08-2004, 12:50 PM
In "My Sacrifice", when I first heard it, I thought Scott said "above all the young girls, we'll fly"...lol.

Jez
04-08-2004, 04:00 PM
My daughter was singing Higher and she was singing *to a place where blonde men see* :D

WeatheredWoman
04-08-2004, 05:27 PM
In "My Sacrifice", when I first heard it, I thought Scott said "above all the young girls, we'll fly"...lol.

Ditto!!! :o

Creed_Defaultgirl
04-08-2004, 06:56 PM
My daughter was singing Higher and she was singing *to a place where blonde men see* :D
If you think about the dumb blonde stuff, that's really kinda funny! (but just some blondes are stupid, and that applies to other hair colors too :D )

facelessman
04-10-2004, 12:53 AM
LMAO this thread is awesome!

Mr. Prophet Man
05-03-2004, 10:10 PM
i think the reason people misinterpret the lyrics is cause scott has an accent when he sings... its kinda funny "i've created my own preeeeesuunnn" know what im saying? BTW i sing it like that

creedsister
05-03-2004, 11:43 PM
If you think about the dumb blonde stuff, that's really kinda funny! (but just some blondes are stupid, and that applies to other hair colors too :D ) hey saxon forgive me if im wrong but didnt you start this thread a while ago theres a beast inside us all :D please dont let it be its not your friend :D but it is funny btw :D

GeeK_2004
05-04-2004, 10:35 AM
isnt that what he says ...in the song...???

farmgirl
05-04-2004, 02:13 PM
No..its "Unlike those who..." (not folks)

and

its "Above all the others..." (not Uh, but all)

GeeK_2004
05-04-2004, 02:27 PM
oohh.....I see....

Mr. Prophet Man
05-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Here are some of my misinterpretations... maybe not as funny as the others but oh well. In OLB i used to sing "something in between" instead of "something in His grace".. in What If I used to say "the more you hold us down, the more we question", and this one is a classic... i used to think that in MOP Scott sings "So I Held my head up high" and not mark, i thought mark does "and i said ohhh...."

ibleedpurple
05-06-2004, 02:41 AM
The funny thing is, when I mess up the lyrics and then learn the right ones later, I oftentimes can't even remember the old wrong ones. I know I messed the hell out of Higher when I first heard it, and there were just a ton of other lyrics on Human Clay that I never quite understood till I read the book... lol

Shadow
05-17-2004, 09:07 PM
I finally remembered one. Not as funny as some of the others. It was years ago when MOP first came out.

Instead of "A court is in session"

I used to sing "Quarters in session"

Creed_Defaultgirl
05-18-2004, 10:52 PM
I thought of another.....in Only in America
I said "the choir risks singing, as the leader falls to the ground"
but it's really "the choir is singing..." Not really funny but oh well.

shiver
05-19-2004, 01:43 AM
I used to think in Higher he was singing " to a place with golden streams." It made sense to me at first. But then I read the book. Then it made even more sense. AHHH!

Mr. Prophet Man
06-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Instead of "A court is in session"

I used to sing "Quarters in session" lol good one, As for me i used to sing "shackled by MY SINS AND expecting no return" i know its not funny but its still wrong

Mr. Prophet Man
06-10-2004, 08:31 PM
I used to think in Higher he was singing " to a place with golden streams." ! me too

DangerousDan85
06-19-2004, 12:05 PM
I think my friend used to say "golden streams", lol. I remember reading a tab online for "Higher" and the dude posted lyrics, but half the lyrics were wrong. My friend and I cracked up reading some of them.

this one isn't funny but in "Are You Ready" instead of "are you ready? for US to come", i thought it was "are you ready? for WHAT'S to come".

I remember in "Wrong" he says "What makes you stop and smell the roses in an open field", after "roses" I could never figure out what he said.

also in "Freedom Fighter" i had trouble understanding "while at the gates of paradise, they beat us down some more"

I just noticed another one from "Freedom Fighter" while going through my tab book, "I'll scream it from the mountain tops, PRIDE comes before a fall", i used to think he said "that"

(Edit), just found another. In "Unforgiven" I thought it was "no more raping innocence", but it actually is "no more raging innocence". I remembered one of them sounding like "raging", but the rest I thought were "raping".

TeriB19
06-19-2004, 10:30 PM
this one isn't funny but in "Are You Ready" instead of "are you ready? for US to come", i thought it was "are you ready? for WHAT'S to come".

It's "for what's to come" isn't it?

Shadow
06-20-2004, 08:57 PM
It thought it was Teri. That's what it sounds like Scott is singing.

TeriB19
06-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Me too Robyn. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong ("unlike folks who hide the truth I tell it like it is.) :D

Shadow
06-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Me too Robyn. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong ("unlike folks who hide the truth I tell it like it is.) :D
LMAO Teri!

DangerousDan85
06-21-2004, 12:56 AM

my Human Clay tab book shows it as "us"

you never know though because they said it was "raging innocence" in Unforgiven, but on my HOB 98 bootleg Stapp clearly says "raping innocence"

Creed_Defaultgirl
06-26-2004, 01:09 AM
My HC booklet only says.....

Are you ready?
Are you ready?

and it skips the part we seem to be having some confusion over.......

I think it's..... for what's to come. It makes more sense to me.

Redeemer
09-14-2004, 11:09 AM
That's going to stump me for the rest of my life. That and "raging/raping innocence". I was so sure it was raping, now Dan just said it was raging, and I'm confuzzled. Damnit. :wtf:
I used to think Scott said "golden streams" in Higher, too...but the funniest thing is the thread-starter: "There's a beast inside your soul..." Wow, that just takes the cake. :D

R U Ready?
09-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Can't remember 100% now, but way back when I heard my first Creed song ever on the radio (I think) My Sacrifice, I thought he said "Up above all the ocean(s?)" "Up above the ocean(s?)" or something like that, maybe I left out the "Up."

R U Ready?
09-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Sorry for the double post, BTW, is it possible that Scott is saying "raping innocence" because you can't put "raping" in the lyrics book or something like that? I always thought he said raping.

Redeemer
09-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Sorry for the double post, BTW, is it possible that Scott is saying "raping innocence" because you can't put "raping" in the lyrics book or something like that? I always thought he said raping.
Hell, with all that other swill ppl stick in lyrics books, I don't think "raping" would have caused an uproar. Speaking of uproars, does "g-damn" appear in the MOP insert? I don't remember if it does and I don't have the insert to check. Now THAT would be pretty dicey. :rolleyes:

Mr. Prophet Man
09-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Hell, with all that other swill ppl stick in lyrics books, I don't think "raping" would have caused an uproar. Speaking of uproars, does "g-damn" appear in the MOP insert? I don't remember if it does and I don't have the insert to check. Now THAT would be pretty dicey. :rolleyes: GD does not appear in the booklet, otherwise, MOP would've had a PA sticker on it.

Redeemer
09-16-2004, 01:40 PM
GD does not appear in the booklet, otherwise, MOP would've had a PA sticker on it.
Oh, yeah. *smacks herself* You've got a point there. :D

R U Ready?
09-16-2004, 05:01 PM
You're right, Redeemer, if some things were left out of lyrics books that are worse than raping, then the book would be empty for some artists. :D

I think Scott says "For what's to come" in "R U Ready?"

R U Ready?
09-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Oh, and the store I went in to buy my first Creed CD Weathered (I bought from most recent to less recent for some reason :rolleyes: ) I saw MOP with a PG rating sticker. I had never seen this sticker before, just things like Explicit Lyrics but it didn't have that on it. When I eventually bought MOP another day, it didn't have any stickers or warnings. :confused:

R U Ready?
09-18-2004, 11:08 PM
BTW, what does Scott sing in PFAD when it sounds like "sell and sell my pity for a dime and a ????? take my soul?" It comes b/t the chorus a couple of times.

hayley
09-19-2004, 05:19 AM
Man I'm sure in Unforgiven it's "raping innocence" Oh well.

Haha this is funny, it's funny to see what peopple come up with. When I first got my ex-friend into Creed, she mistaked some lyrics for Young Grow Old. (This is so funny I will forever laugh at this) Instead of being, "He said he's falling to pieces, fighting the boy and the man, over his shoulder there was freedom, but consciounsness has tied his hands" She thought it was:

"Peices falling to peices, fighting the boy and the man, over his shoulder there was freedom, but consciounsness has dyed his hair" :laugh: :laugh:

There are some others but I can't remember them right now, I never really misundersood many Creed lyrics, because as soon as I got the albums I would follow the booklet with the lyrics, but there were sometimes when I got the occasional word wrong.

There was a funny part in My Sacrifice that X had mistaken, but damn I can't remember now. Oh well.

Dani
09-19-2004, 07:03 AM
BTW, what does Scott sing in PFAD when it sounds like "sell and sell my pity for a dime and a ????? take my soul?" It comes b/t the chorus a couple of times.

This has been bugging me for ages. I would love to know too. Can anyone help us out?

TeriB19
09-19-2004, 09:25 AM
I always thought it sounded like "sellin' sellin' my pity for a dime and another man take my soul". At least that's how I sing it when I'm belting it out in the car.

Creed_Defaultgirl
09-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah, it is
Selling selling my pity for a dime and another man take my soul.

Makes sense to me......... :)

Dani
09-23-2004, 03:15 AM
Thanks so much Teri and Creed_Default Girl. It makes sense now :)

Redeemer
10-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I'm with Teri. I've been singing it that way since I've owned the album. If someone told me it was something different, it would turn my whole world upside down. :D

Trimontana
10-09-2004, 01:35 PM
MY OWN INTERPRETATION OF "BULLETS" (INTRODUCTION SCOTT TALKING) :shoot:
OH ALL STONES IN MY SIDE
I KNOW THEY HAVE SOMETHING FOR ME

WHEN ACTUALLY IS:
OH THESE THORNS IN MY SIDE
I KNOW I HAVE SOMETHING FREE

creedsister
10-09-2004, 04:18 PM
MY OWN INTERPRETATION OF "BULLETS" (INTRODUCTION SCOTT TALKING) :shoot:
OH ALL STONES IN MY SIDE
I KNOW THEY HAVE SOMETHING FOR ME

WHEN ACTUALLY IS:
OH THESE THORNS IN MY SIDE
I KNOW I HAVE SOMETHING FREE KILLER

R U Ready?
10-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Sorry for the late thank you on the PFAD question, been busy w/ school and such.

creedlvr
10-14-2004, 11:53 PM
This is the funniest thread I've read in a while. I shouldn't laugh at the "beast" lyrics because I (embarrassingly) have to admit I sang it the same way.

"Dying his hair" almost made me wet myself!

Justify
02-17-2006, 01:51 PM
This is a great thread. Everybody has a story like this about certain songs.
Mine is about "Faceless Man"

I thought for a long time that he said:
"next time I see this face I'll say
I choose to live the wrong way"

I couldn't figure out why he would choose to live the wrong way

nagpo
02-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This is a great thread. Everybody has a story like this about certain songs.
Mine is about "Faceless Man"

I thought for a long time that he said:
"next time I see this face I'll say
I choose to live the wrong way"

I couldn't figure out why he would choose to live the wrong way
lol same here

MissSeeker
02-18-2006, 04:37 AM
LMAO you guys are so funny!

nagpo
02-18-2006, 10:23 PM
im 100% sure AYR he says "whats"
im also sure he says raping innosance.

Polish_sausage
03-21-2006, 09:13 AM
LMAO :) Are there any speakers of Polish language apart from me here? Eveery time I listen to "My Scarifice"... instdead of peace there i can hear a very offensive word in Polish LOL:D

IamFilthy
03-25-2006, 08:21 PM
In "What If", I thought Stapp said,..."sore tongues and bitter mouths.." instead of ..."forked tongues and bitter mouths".

geletmote
03-25-2006, 10:30 PM
IN Whats this LIfe for I always use to think he said , So City Spread Because instead of So say your last prayer because. Doesnt make sense but thats what I thought lol

snake81
03-26-2006, 02:31 AM
Ok, now I think this lyric is correct, but at the end of "Whats this life for?"

it sounds like he's saying

Don't have to settle no god damn score

is this true?

facelessmike
03-26-2006, 04:51 AM
^ that would be correct.

geletmote
03-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Ok, now I think this lyric is correct, but at the end of "Whats this life for?"

it sounds like he's saying

is this true?

wat did u think he said?

snake81
03-30-2006, 04:10 PM
its in the quote in the post

Unforgiven Fan
03-30-2006, 10:57 PM
two of mine were in Freedom Fighters: "All the ghosts who hide the truth" in reality it is "all those who..." and in weathered "sleepless errors" instead instead of "slings and arrows" which to me still does not fill

Mr. Seeker
04-07-2006, 09:37 PM
I've done that to the Higher song, I thought Scott was saying: "Can you take me higher to a place with land and sea( where blind men see) Can you take me higher to a place with golden streams"(streets)...