Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Godsmack~~~The other side. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Godsmack~~~The other side.

creedchick02
03-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Just picked up my copy and it is amazing.....Love IT. :D :D :D :) :smokin:

RMadd
03-16-2004, 05:55 PM
wicked hardcore

luvscott4ever
03-16-2004, 10:16 PM
I WANT IT!!!! My daughter was suppose to pick us each up a copy today, but of course...SHE DIDN'T!!! I HAVE to go get it tomorrow!! Gotta have my Godsmack!!! :D

luvscott4ever
03-16-2004, 11:43 PM
Ok, I couldn't wait, the kid and I ran out 20 minutes before Target closed to get the cd!! Listened to only the first 3 songs, and of couse, IMO, it was AWESOME!! I'm really liking the 3rd song so far, I would sure like to know who's singing with Sully, pretty good singer! :thumbsup:

creedchick02
03-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Ok, I couldn't wait, the kid and I ran out 20 minutes before Target closed to get the cd!! Listened to only the first 3 songs, and of couse, IMO, it was AWESOME!! I'm really liking the 3rd song so far, I would sure like to know who's singing with Sully, pretty good singer! :thumbsup:

Glad you like it too, that singer is John Kosco from Dropbox, they are the new band on Sullys label...i hear there song on the radio all the time which of course can't think of the title right now...but they are pretty good..they will also tour with them on there headlining tours. :cool:

farmgirl
03-18-2004, 07:45 AM
I picked it up too and I love it. I like the way they took "Awake" and call it "Asleep" on the acoustic version. I love the new songs also. :D

luvscott4ever
03-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Same here Farmgirl!! I know, I was looking at the back of the cd and that's when I noticed who was singing with them (thanks for the info though, CreedChick) and that the last song was "Asleep" and I was like, I thought Awake was suppose to be on it....then I listened to it fully and was like, "Wow, that sounds like Awake"....Gotta love Sully and his trickery!! lol ;) I am kinda bummed that they didn't put Voodoo on this...Last April, the night b4 Faceless was to come out, I listened to the radio interview they did in LA and they did an acoustic set then and had mentioned doing an acoustic cd....That night they did Voodoo and I was soooo hoping they were going to put it on this cd, but they didn't!!! :crying:

luvscott4ever
03-18-2004, 02:41 PM
I picked it up too and I love it. I like the way they took "Awake" and call it "Asleep" on the acoustic version. I love the new songs also. :D

I especially liked song number 3!! The one with the guys from Dropbox on it!!

Inkgirl28
03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
I WANT ONE!!!!!
gotta wait 10 more days till my birthday tho...
*goes and pouts*
Sniff...

SmilinSkullRing
03-19-2004, 01:16 AM
I still don't have the cd. I meant to pick it up but forgot. I think I'll get it tomorrow. I expect good things, but nothing really awesome. I love acoustic music, and I'm happy Godsmack are challenging themselves this way. It's good for a band to try different things that stay true to what they want.

Should be worth the money though.

JenRN
03-19-2004, 05:09 PM
I got it too, and like it alot!!!! :D

luvscott4ever
03-19-2004, 11:10 PM
It's DEFINATELY worth the money, and mine was only $6.98, atTarget!!!

luvscott4ever
03-19-2004, 11:12 PM
I got it too, and like it alot!!!! :D

That's because you have excellent taste!! :crest:

JenRN
03-20-2004, 07:41 AM
That's because you have excellent taste!! :crest:
LOL Great tminds think alike hugh?
;) I a am sure going to miss you in VEGAS! :(

musicmind226
03-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Got it the day it came out, drove through a hell of a snow storm to get it, well worth the $6.00 I paid for it.

SmilinSkullRing
03-21-2004, 02:36 AM
Finally got "The Other Side" today, well yesterday now. I really enjoy it. I think I was looking forward to it more than many Godsmack fans (though not all) because I listen to a lot of different music. I was excited to hear that Godsmack was going to try things acoustically. It's nice that any band is willing to keep themselves fresh and new especially a hard rock/heavy metal band making an acoustic ep.

I think my favorite is "Touche". :cool: Even though there isn't a lot of lyrics the song really draws me in and keeps my attention. Great sound and vocals especially. "Keep Away" gives "Touche" a run for it's money because it happens to be, I would say, in my top five of Godsmack songs already from the electric version. "Asleep" has to be the biggest change from all of the re-worked songs. It's acoustic of course and slowed down tremendously. Very nice work on that one.

The only downside is that I believe "Spiral" bares similarities to "Voodoo" just a tad too much, but I can look past that. Of course I don't mean similarities in lyrics.

Definitely worth the eight dollars I spent, and I would give it at least three stars out of five. I would probably give them four when it comes down to it because they went the acoustic route. :)

creedchick02
03-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Finally got "The Other Side" today, well yesterday now. I really enjoy it. I think I was looking forward to it more than many Godsmack fans (though not all) because I listen to a lot of different music. I was excited to hear that Godsmack was going to try things acoustically. It's nice that any band is willing to keep themselves fresh and new especially a hard rock/heavy metal band making an acoustic ep.

I think my favorite is "Touche". :cool: Even though there isn't a lot of lyrics the song really draws me in and keeps my attention. Great sound and vocals especially. "Keep Away" gives "Touche" a run for it's money because it happens to be, I would say, in my top five of Godsmack songs already from the electric version. "Asleep" has to be the biggest change from all of the re-worked songs. It's acoustic of course and slowed down tremendously. Very nice work on that one.

The only downside is that I believe "Spiral" bares similarities to "Voodoo" just a tad too much, but I can look past that. Of course I don't mean similarities in lyrics.

Definitely worth the eight dollars I spent, and I would give it at least three stars out of five. I would probably give them four when it comes down to it because they went the acoustic route. :)

What a great review Smilin......You should do that as a living... :D :smokin:

luvscott4ever
03-21-2004, 07:02 PM
LOL Great tminds think alike hugh?
;) I a am sure going to miss you in VEGAS! :(

YES!!! We do!!
Back at ya babe, I'm sooo going to miss you too!! :crying:

SmilinSkullRing
03-21-2004, 10:24 PM

Thanks so much! :D Just giving my opinion of course. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to have someone writing a good review of my (future?) band. LOL

BTW, is that you and Dave from Disturbed? Awesome pic! :cool:

creedchick02
03-22-2004, 07:01 PM
BTW, is that you and Dave from Disturbed? Awesome pic!

Yes that is David and my daughter Jessie, we met him in a parking lot before a Disturbed concert, he called us crazy because we got there at 10am and i sacraficed my pic with him for her, she is still in heavan....lol :smokin: :D

SmilinSkullRing
03-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Yes that is David and my daughter Jessie, we met him in a parking lot before a Disturbed concert, he called us crazy because we got there at 10am and i sacraficed my pic with him for her, she is still in heavan....lol :smokin: :D

That is very cool!! Too bad you both didn't get in the pic with him. Was he really nice? He seems to be nice and intelligent as well. I can't wait to see Disturbed live one day. :cool:

WeatheredWoman
03-22-2004, 09:28 PM

Smilin... I agree with creedchick on that!!! :thumbsup: I think you should open threads more often. I do love the way that you review bands/concerts/cd's after seeing this thread and what you reviewed about Silvertide! You got a great taste of music and very diverse too IMO! THNX!

SmilinSkullRing
03-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Smilin... I agree with creedchick on that!!! :thumbsup: I think you should open threads more often. I do love the way that you review bands/concerts/cd's after seeing this thread and what you reviewed about Silvertide! You got a great taste of music and very diverse too IMO! THNX!

Thanks WW!! :) I often don't start threads too much because I'm not sure if anyone would be interested. lol Thanks for the compliment on the music too. So I guess I'll start my thread extolling the virtues of Bruce Springsteen now. ;)

creedchick02
03-23-2004, 08:27 PM
That is very cool!! Too bad you both didn't get in the pic with him. Was he really nice? He seems to be nice and intelligent as well. I can't wait to see Disturbed live one day. :cool:

He was very nice, he did not have to come over and talk to us, and as far as me getting in the pic well i had a brain freeze as soon as i saw him :( i thought of a few things to ask him AS soon as he left :crying: :nut: . but it was still a plasure :D

SmilinSkullRing
03-23-2004, 09:03 PM
He was very nice, he did not have to come over and talk to us, and as far as me getting in the pic well i had a brain freeze as soon as i saw him :( i thought of a few things to ask him AS soon as he left :crying: :nut: . but it was still a plasure :D

LOL about the brain freeze. I had the same thing when I almost met Bruce Springsteen. Well, first there was the hyperventilating. ;) Nothing intelligent hardly ever enters my brain when I meet someone until after the fact.

luvscott4ever
03-23-2004, 11:52 PM
I know I would do the same thing if I ever got/get to meet any of my idols!! I think I would faint and pass out :thud: , or most likely, act like a total reject!! :o I keep thinking about those basketball kids that got to meet APC on the Leno show...If that would have been me, I would have done the Wayne's World bow :bow: to Maynard and say....I'm not worthy, I'm scum, I suck!! Because for me, Maynard is "The Man"...him and Danny Carey!! I'd just DIE if I ever got to meet them...I'm still pissed at myself for not checking at OzzFest last year, to see when Disturbed was doing signings....I didn't find out til it was way too late...my daughters best friends ex-boyfriend was showing off his autographs from Disturbed, and I thought I was going to die....why couldn't I have met them!!! :crying:

Dogstar
03-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Well, I might plunk down 6 or 8 bucks for this CD. I do love acoustic stuff, and I'm not a big Godsmack fan, but for that price, I just might do it. Thanks for all the info, you guys.

SmilinSkullRing
03-24-2004, 01:58 AM
Well, I might plunk down 6 or 8 bucks for this CD. I do love acoustic stuff, and I'm not a big Godsmack fan, but for that price, I just might do it. Thanks for all the info, you guys.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed especially for the price. I think a lot of non-Godsmack fans can enjoy it as well. It's not too shabby. ;)

luvscott4ever
03-25-2004, 05:50 AM
Hey Girl, I can always burn it for you too!! We need to have a discussion about Godsmack when we get together in April...I know you're not a fan, which makes me really sad :( because we have so much the same taste in music. I think maybe I should bring my DVD of the show I went to after CreedFeedFest II, from June of last year, and you can see how AWESOME they are live (IMO) You just might like it!! ;)

Dogstar
03-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Hey Girl, I can always burn it for you too!! We need to have a discussion about Godsmack when we get together in April...I know you're not a fan, which makes me really sad :( because we have so much the same taste in music. I think maybe I should bring my DVD of the show I went to after CreedFeedFest II, from June of last year, and you can see how AWESOME they are live (IMO) You just might like it!! ;)

I would love to see what they do live, so bring that DVD with you. Sometimes, a live performance can make all the difference. There was one Jerry song on Degradation Trip that hadn't hooked me on the CD, but man, when that song was played live (as the opener) it fuggin KICKED AZZ!!!! It's now one of my favorites. So, you never, luvscott, maybe Sully and Co.'s live stuff will hook me. I'm always willing to try :D.

And thanks for the offer to burn it!!! You ROCK!