Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Simplicity! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity!

JenRN
11-22-2002, 03:33 PM
It is amazing how simple things in life make a huge difference in your mood. I just want to share what I felt today.....

I made a trip to what is called the "Northern Neck" of Virginia today (island part of VA along Chesapeake Bay) to get my father some "Northern Neck Gingerale" an old Va tradition, when I go home to Pa I can't come in the door with out it!!! Anyways.... I was not feeling well and really did not want to make the trip, but i did, I would do anything for my dad! I decided to stop at the "berry Farm" I usually go to 5-6 times a summer, but when cancer struck my family this summer I went out only once. To my pleasure the horses were out!! I am a true animal lover, and I went over to pet them. The owner of the farm was surprised to see me, she said" hey we have his sadle in the back if you want to ride them!!!" Immediatley my face lit up like a little kid, (I haven't rode in years, but used to compete English riding) I stood there for awhile and decided "what the hell" I got on this beautiful Arabian horse and rode off to the river. It had been gloomy and cloudy all day, then when I fianlly reached the river, the sun came out, lit up only where we were, I got a real warm feeling come over me, AHHHHH this is what life is about!!! I started to have my headache go away and I had a peace come over me, best medicine I had all week. I don't know if it was my grandpa sending me his love from above or what but..... let me tell you, I was happy for the first time in a LONG time!!!!!! I got in my car to go and how ironic "What's this life for" started to play in my Cd deck (random choosing) and I just could not believe it, how much better could it get? All the hustle and bustle of everyday life and work, here I was doing something I love and it made me feel better than any $$ could buy. I wish this feeling for all of you when life gets you down! It mad a huge difference in my day! ;)

TeriB19
11-22-2002, 04:19 PM
Thank you so much for sharing that and for your well wishes. Funny how sometimes the littlest simple things can make you feel better. I can have the worst day of my life at work, have to walk to my car in the pouring rain, get caught in traffic, and catch every single light between work and home. But when I walk in the door and my little ones come running up to the front door to greet me, screaming "MOMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" it just wipes all the badness away and fills my heart. No amount of money can buy that feeling.

Dogstar
11-22-2002, 10:41 PM
Wow, Jen, very cool. Thanks for sharing. Don't you just love those moments?

Altair
11-23-2002, 12:20 AM
Rollercoast we speak of. Fascinating how the "traffic" (the downer) was polarized, even defined, by the "upper" (the lovely family), how the downer (the rain) was reversed by the upper (the sun). Life is full of this and you guys are so right: the little things are what life is about; this little moment is such a wonderful gift and we get to experience it all the time. Keep those eyes and hearts open.

JenRN
11-23-2002, 05:00 AM
;) :) :D

Read JDM
11-23-2002, 08:17 PM
Sometimes the little things are also the big things. Life is weird.

JenRN
11-23-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM

Isn't that for sure! ;)

souldancer
11-24-2002, 03:43 AM
Enjoyed your sharing and the message Jen. Now, if we could just put a bow on this and say "Happy Holidays" we could feel a Real gift. I will bow out of my whole "Simplify the Holidays" routine...however Grinchdancer will return on this topic later. ;)
Again, sounds like a delightful day - felt I was right there. Thanks!

TeriB19
11-24-2002, 10:46 AM
We all look forward to the departure of the Grinchdancer and the return of the superduper souldancer very soon!! In the meantime, anything we can do for you to make Grinchdancer's heart grows 3 times its size, let us know!!!!!:)

TeriB19
11-25-2002, 02:26 AM
I'm on the line with you. I never go out on Black Friday (except to the Post Office this year to send LuvScott's birthday card!!)

souldancer
11-25-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
In the meantime, anything we can do for you to make Grinchdancer's heart grows 3 times its size, let us know!!!!!:) Thanks, you have! :angel:
(but I still have the desire to be out there picketing on 11/29 Buy Nothing Day)

Siana
11-25-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Read JDM

:D agree

allison
11-26-2002, 03:40 PM
Incredible, Jen.

Dogstar
11-26-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
(but I still have the desire to be out there picketing on 11/29 Buy Nothing Day)

Me, too.

hotforscott
11-26-2002, 05:53 PM
that is a beautiful story. it's good to let go of the stress sometimes and just live.

maybe i am ignorant, but was is with 11/29, i am clueless.

Dogstar
11-26-2002, 06:02 PM
The day after Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday, when gazillions of crazed people kick off their holiday shopping. It's allegedly the busiest shopping day of the year.

hotforscott
11-26-2002, 07:02 PM
oh, i knew that. i worked in the malls when i was 16 and had to wait on people hand and foot from like 6am on, i have never been shopping on that day, i always have other things planned. i have never heard it called black friday. i guess people call it different things. thanks.

Dogstar
11-26-2002, 07:07 PM
Yer welcome...Always happy to help:) .

Siana
11-29-2002, 08:19 AM
some friend u r !!!!!!!!!!!!:P