Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Most meaningful song or lyric and why? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Most meaningful song or lyric and why?

TeriB19
09-22-2002, 10:28 AM
Okay, it's been posted before but this is a new forum, possibly new posters to read our old stuff. So here goes mine:
With Arms Wide Open - "We stand in awe, we created life."
Pregnant with my second child and close to my due date when I heard it for the first time. Gave me chills and tears, touched me like no song has ever done.

Dogstar
09-22-2002, 12:47 PM
For me it was: "I cry out to God seeking only His decision. Gabriel stands and confirms I've created my own prison."
I heard MOP while going through a sort of spiritual crisis. I was questioning my belief in God and what the heck I was doing on this planet. I was angry about some things that had happened in my life and couldn't understand how a just God could let this stuff go on. But, it also helped me realize that some things are simply out of my control, that people have free will, and that I had to learn to accept certain things, learn from them and move on.

Please indulge me for a second one that had just as much impact as the one above: WTLF. When I first heard it I cried buckets. It was right around the anniversary of my brother's death from suicide and it just let me pour out a whole lot of hurt. I still cry sometimes when I hear it.

TeriB19
09-22-2002, 01:27 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. I can see how hearing that song can be healing with a situation like that.

Dogstar
09-22-2002, 01:31 PM
Thanks, it does help a lot. Don't know what I'd do without my tunes:) .

TeriB19
09-22-2002, 01:45 PM
Music is food for the soul.

jango
09-22-2002, 02:56 PM
"You see my wrist, I know your pain. I know your purpose on your plane."

TeriB19
09-22-2002, 04:43 PM
It's good to know that when you feel like you are all alone, you're not.

hayley
09-22-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Music is food for the soul.

i couldn't agree more.
"there's a piece inside us all, let it be ur friend, it will help you carry on, in the, end"
why??? because it's the truth...there are TONNES more that i can think of, but those are the main most touching lyrics for me.:P

Dogstar
09-22-2002, 10:49 PM
I like those, too A2S... Very comforting.

hayley
09-22-2002, 11:19 PM
yes, i agree.:)
and also when i am going through a rough patch, or just feeling plain down, i think of, "Children, don't stop dancing, believe u can fly, away." it makes me feel so much better.

Dogstar
09-22-2002, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I always think of WGMB, too, when I need a little burst of hope: All that has been devastated can be re-created.

hayley
09-22-2002, 11:26 PM
yeah, that too!:) there's so so many.

Dogstar
09-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Isn't it great?:)

souldancer
09-23-2002, 02:34 AM
One Last Breath
...as this related to my dark times of grief, my husband's diagnosis of lung disease and his final breath when life support was removed.

TeriB19
09-23-2002, 05:55 AM
An uplifting song to me. Hold me now.

souldancer
09-23-2002, 12:25 PM
Yes Teri, now I feel the comfort and renewing sense of the song. It has been interesting, though to see how my emotional response/relationship with the song has changed over the months in paralell with the paragraphs.

- I think I'm falling...It seems I found the road to nowhere and I'm trying to escape
- I'm looking down now that it's over..reflecting....I cried out heaven save me!
- Sad eyes follow me but I still believe there's something left...HOLD ME NOW!
Beautiful song and singing! I can't wait to hear it live!

jango
09-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Music is most definitely for the soul.

CollectiveSoul
09-23-2002, 04:29 PM
MOP

Altair
09-24-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Yeah, I always think of WGMB, too, when I need a little burst of hope: All that has been devastated can be re-created.

Just to continue into my favorite lyrics at the moment...

"Realize,
We pick up the borken pieces,
Of our lives,
Giving ourselves to each other,
to rest our heads on."

I listen to these lyrics, cranked in my car, and really am motivated to reach out and embrace the next human being I come in contact with. Lucky me, however, it happens to be that dude honking and flipping me off because I was so busy singing that I forgot to use my turn signal. :rolleyes:

TeriB19
09-24-2002, 06:13 AM
LMAO:p No he wasn't flipping you off, he was actually listening to "One" in his own vehicle and was pointing "the only way is one". Just used the wrong finger, is all.;)

allison
09-24-2002, 11:10 AM
Right now, with all the horrible news in the world, it's:

"I feel angry, I feel helpless. Wanna change the world, yeah. I feel violent, I feel alone. Don't try and change my mind, no."

It feels so good just to BLAST it in the car all by myself.

souldancer
09-24-2002, 11:27 AM
yes Allison, the news is really hard to take in - I feel like we are going backwards and our air is filled with apathy...I know it's not all people and I'm clinging to hope - the posts here give me some...but I am cranking up ILLUSION (aka Allusion).
<i>"Wait now, many things left unsaid. This life remains the same, But I change... I try to fool myself in believing things are going to get better, but life goes on... is it all just an illusion'</i>

Ruby
09-24-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
Yes Teri, now I feel the comfort and renewing sense of the song. &nbsp;It has been interesting, though to see how my emotional response/relationship with the song has changed over the months in paralell with the paragraphs.

- I think I'm falling...It seems I found the road to nowhere and I'm trying to escape
- I'm looking down now that it's over..reflecting....I cried out heaven save me! &nbsp;
- Sad eyes follow me but I still believe there's something left...HOLD ME NOW!
Beautiful song and singing! &nbsp;I can't wait to hear it live!

Souldancer sorry for your loss . The lyrics from Higher "Set Up High I'm strong enough to take these dreams and make them mine. " always inspire me not to give up. :)

souldancer
09-24-2002, 07:27 PM
;) Thank you Ruby for your kind words. There are Creed songs that really touch and lift my spirits higher - need to balance myself sometimes.

TeriB19
09-24-2002, 10:21 PM
;) Thank you Ruby for your kind words. &nbsp;There are Creed songs that really touch and lift my spirits higher - need to balance myself sometimes. Well, my dear, you do know, don't you, that we are always here to help you keep your balance and hold your hand, don't you? Anytime.

Mulletman
09-24-2002, 11:11 PM
<b> "I cry out to God seeking only His decision. Gabriel stands and confirms I've created my own prison."
</b>

ditto

luvscott4ever
09-25-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Altair
<b>Just to continue into my favorite lyrics at the moment...

"Realize,
Of our lives,
to rest our heads on."

I listen to these lyrics, cranked in my car, and really am motivated to reach out and embrace the next human being I come in contact with. &nbsp;Lucky me, however, it happens to be that dude honking and flipping me off because I was so busy singing that I forgot to use my turn signal. &nbsp;:rolleyes: </b>

LOL, That is tooo funny!!! I know, I have to watch my speed, I get so into it, I always end up speeding!!!

Altair
09-25-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
LOL, That is tooo funny!!! &nbsp;I know, I have to watch my speed, I get so into it, I always end up speeding!!!

zooom! What was that? A train? A plane? Ahh, it was luvscott listening to some Bullets.
;)

Siana
09-25-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by jango
Music is most definitely for the soul.

agree

TeriB19
09-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
LOL, That is tooo funny!!! &nbsp;I know, I have to watch my speed, I get so into it, I always end up speeding!!! You just need to pray that the State Trooper pulling you over is a Creed fan.

Dogstar
09-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Altair
<b>Just to continue into my favorite lyrics at the moment...

"Realize,
Of our lives,
to rest our heads on."

I listen to these lyrics, cranked in my car, and really am motivated to reach out and embrace the next human being I come in contact with. &nbsp;Lucky me, however, it happens to be that dude honking and flipping me off because I was so busy singing that I forgot to use my turn signal. &nbsp;:rolleyes: </b>

This just cracked me up. I can see that happening to me, too. People probably think I'm insane when I'm in the car. Always have the radio/cd player blasting and I'm always singing right along, headbanging, well, sort of, as much as I can in a car.:D

TeriB19
09-25-2002, 12:29 PM
I really get into the songs, practically giving my own free concert. But when I'm at a traffic light and my head is banging and I'm doing my solo, the looks I get from the people next to me... Makes me look kinda crazy..

Mulletman
09-25-2002, 04:34 PM
yea when i dop that people know why i am banging my head cause i have the stereo full blast and i have the windows down so everyone in the next few lanes can hear me....

Aimee
09-25-2002, 07:20 PM
No he wasn't flipping you off, he was actually listening to "One" in his own vehicle and was pointing "the only way is one". Just used the wrong finger, is all Ha-ha haaaaa!!
That really made me laugh.

My fave Lyric: "I laugh aloud because my life has gotten inside someone else's mind."
I try to remember these lyrics when people talk bad about me.

No Mulletman, I am not stalking you!

TeriB19
09-25-2002, 10:41 PM
Thanks Aimee, I was wondering if anyone got that.

Dogstar
09-26-2002, 12:56 AM
I really get into the songs, practically giving my own free concert. But when I'm at a traffic light and my head is banging and I'm doing my solo, the looks I get from the people next to me... Makes me look kinda crazy..

I just smile back at them. Then they probably really think I'm nuts.

Ruby
09-26-2002, 12:16 PM
I love blasting Bullets in the car. The begining reminds me of the concert when they first come out and you're so excited and you hear the song start and BAM! " I think they shoot cause they want it. " My daughter and I spend a lot of time in the car just head banging away. Also I kinda have to stomp my foot which makes driving at an even speed kinda tricky

TeriB19
09-26-2002, 12:23 PM
LMAO Ruby! I have had to learn to tap with my left foot. Rightfoot tapping is probably very dangerous. If the CD/Radio in my car ever stopped working, I don't know what I'd do. I may not have the ability to drive without music.

souldancer
09-26-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Ruby
I love blasting Bullets in the car. &nbsp;My daughter and I spend a lot of time in the car just head banging away. &nbsp;Also I kinda have to stomp my foot which makes driving at an even speed kinda tricky YES! :D and after my last speeding ticket (Freedom Fighters) I have had to alter my headbanging foot pushing - and work to do more hand pounding and body swaying. I would like to think all those crazed looks we get from others is a message we can share about unleashing our natural feelings and passions for all of life's emotions - so cathartic. Pure, simple ecstatic treatment for the soul (sure beats all the meds and therapy that get pushed down our throats by the media, biopharmaceutical companies and the Am Medical Assoc.(oops...sorry I got up on my soup box, i mean 'SOAP' box again ) :D

Dogstar
09-26-2002, 01:04 PM
Well said, Souldancer. If I see one more ad for some miracle cure-all pill for depression and whatever else, I'm going to scream. I mean, I'm sure there are people who do need medication, but to put that stuff out there like aspirin makes me angry. It's so all about money...Ok, I'm stepping off my soapbox, now, too.

TeriB, you are right about the right-foot tapping. I'm a left-footer now, haha. I also do a fair amount of drumming on the steering wheel without really lifting my palms off the wheel (that's good for the other unsuspecting motorists out there). I can't not bop when I'm hearing good music. It is indeed cathartic for all emotions, happy, sad, whatever. It's the best.

souldancer
09-26-2002, 01:38 PM
We have a treatment for that Road Rage mentality out there! It's contagiously healthy - let's GO - bang, pound, bob, sway rock and roll away! :) (can't you see this little smilie just bopping it's head, pounding it's little hands, swaying it's body and tapping that left foot?!)

Most meaningful song for this day:
Faceless Man!
All the lyrics, esp. " I choose to live for always. So won't you come inside and never go away."

Ruby
09-26-2002, 08:34 PM
Sometimes when we're driving my daughter , whose gone to all 3 concerts with me ,( boy she's lucky to have me for a mom LOL )puts the Creed CD in the player and I think gee we listen to this every day maybe Im getting a little tired of it - but then once the song starts its like WOW this is fantastic and I feel great no matter what. But I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

Dogstar
09-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Definitely. Can't get too much of Creed. I might take a day off or two, but then when I pop one of their CDs in, it takes me right back to the concert I went to in Cincy. A great show. Bullets rocks. I love that tune.

TeriB19
09-26-2002, 11:15 PM
I can't not bop when I'm hearing good music.

There is just no bopping to Creed. You either bang your head or turn it up louder so that you can bang your head. I must admit to steering-wheel drumming, as long as one hand is always on the wheel.

Dogstar
09-26-2002, 11:36 PM
LOL, wrong word, I guess....you are correct, ma'am. I'm perfecting the art of steering wheel drumming while keeping my palms on the wheel. Loads of fun for all.

souldancer
09-27-2002, 12:39 AM
What works for me, is to put my arms in the middle of the wheel, kind of drive with the inner forearms, drumming the hands on the dash....maybe it depends on what kind of steering wheel you have. And you can;t have a cloth/sun thing on your dash - no good sound that way! Then now and then, pop the glove box for a different kind of sound.:)

TeriB19
09-27-2002, 05:10 PM
LMAO! Do you take your arms out of the holes in the steering wheel when you have to make turns? Because I'd love to watch you drive (from outside your car, of course) and make the turns and get your arms all twisted around.:D

Aimee
09-27-2002, 08:43 PM
Creed CD in the player and I think gee we listen to this every day maybe Im getting a little tired of it - but then once the song starts its like WOW this is fantastic

That is so true about the first half of Weathered. I get the crazy looks all the time, but lately it's been me catching the other groovers at a red light. So, that's the look on my face! We both laugh. By the way, a friend of mine once told me that I look like one of those head-boppy dashboard dolls whenever I drive. So Teri, I must dissagree with you on this one. You can bop to Creed. You just have to bop your head a little harder than usual.:D

TeriB19
09-27-2002, 10:17 PM
It's just that "head-bopping" just sounds so "pop" like something N'Suck would do. These are REAL MEN, they deserve the true "head-BANG". Kinda does make it hard to drive and bang at the same time, so bopping will have to do (until I reach that next red light).:D

Mulletman
09-28-2002, 02:50 PM
LOL yup!

Aimee
09-29-2002, 08:29 PM
zactly!

TeriB19
09-29-2002, 10:13 PM
See, now I have this:banghead: to illustrate my point. And this :headbang: is what I'd like to do to N*suck.

luvscott4ever
09-30-2002, 05:31 PM
See, now I have this:banghead: to illustrate my point. And this :headbang: is what I'd like to do to N*suck.

Oh, don't you know it and Backstreet Boys. Here please let me help you.....:headbang:

Unforgiven Fan
09-30-2002, 06:32 PM
What's this life for still becuase at the time in 98 I first heard I had suicidal thoughts floating around my head and well the WTLF just smacked me in the face and made relize sucide is not a good choice...............:crest:

souldancer
09-30-2002, 07:24 PM
UF, glad that Creed caught your ear and heart! And you may have opportunties to help others who experience those floating thoughts and dark feelings. Creed's music has been healing and life affirming for me - glad I found this BB to meet all these great people, like you!

Lady Valkyrie
10-01-2002, 08:55 PM
My Favorite lyrics is that from With Arms Wide Open... " If I had just one wish... only one demand... I hope he's not like me... I hope he understands... that he can take this life... and hold it by the hand... and greet the world with arms wide open..." Being a mother of three kids and has screwd up so many time in this life that is truely my one wish.

Dogstar
10-01-2002, 09:08 PM
Unforgiven, thank God, you are still here. I'm sooooo glad and am so happy the music helped you see the light. Isn't it amazing what music can do for you?

Lady Valkyrie
10-02-2002, 12:07 AM
Wow Unforgiven I just read your reply... WOW! I thank you God for saving this precsious life through music! I'm glad that you are with us Unforgiven.

faceless kiwi
10-02-2002, 11:57 PM
Isn't it amazing what music can do for you?

Yeah it is.

It is so hard to pick a fav lyric.

It would have to be from wtlf though.
Not just what the song means to me, but also hearing others stories, like unforgiven fan.
It's an amazing song. I just cant believe people could ever bash this band.

TeriB19
10-03-2002, 12:00 AM
I know. I find it so hard to believe people bash them when I hear their positive messages. Aside from the usual "Creed are PJ ripoffs" I can't understand the bashers who come here and say Creed sucks, they have no talent. How can you listen to WAWO and not fall in love with the song and the band? How much more positive a message can there be than "One"? Just too damn much negativity.:mad:

Dogstar
10-03-2002, 12:13 AM
Yes, a band often isn't considered talented unless they are unleashing pain or sorrow or some other hole they are in. That's not to say that the negative stuff isn't moving, (Alice In Chains comes to mind) but it seems anyone with a positive message is considered too lightweight. What's cool about Creed is sometimes the songs start out dark, but end with a little bit of hope. I find that touching. Even a song like MOP, with all the pain and regret in that song, the self-loathing. It all comes to a head where he figures it out and says, hey, I did this to myself. There's no one else to blame. Their songs are like a journey and some of them are uplifting and I like that.

faceless kiwi
10-03-2002, 01:16 AM
Yeah i like the songs filled with pain and hurt.
U2 is my 2nd fav band, pretty much just because the lyrics are so moving.
And becasue there is always something positive in there.

Most of the songs on mop are dark, but there is always the positive message.
Thats what i love about creed. Scott never says, life is perfect, theres nothing to worry about, as u get in pop music etc, but he never says life totally sucks, theres no way out.
People who dont know creed usually say 1 or the other, and just get the wrong idea about there music, it really sucks. I get sick of it.
They shouldnt bash when they dont know shit.

Dogstar
10-03-2002, 01:20 AM
Exactly. Most of the supposed Creed haters really haven't given them a fair listen, IMO. I suspect they are closet Creed lovers and are just trying to be hip because Creed-bashing seems popular. The same garbage goes on at the Jerry Cantrell site. They hate Creed over there, but I stick up for them in the face of ever-increasing ridicule. I always say, hey, you can like more than one band. I'm a huge Jerry/AIC fan, but I sure as heck enjoy the crap out of Creed, too.

faceless kiwi
10-03-2002, 01:25 AM
I stick up for them in the face of ever-increasing ridicule. I always say, hey, you can like more than one band. I'm a huge Jerry/AIC fan, but I sure as heck enjoy the crap out of Creed, too.

Good on ya!

I always stick up for them as well. It just annoys me that the bashes cant at least get their facts straight first.

But who cares, us fans are all that matters, not the bashers and i know that scott and the boyz know that too.

faceless kiwi
10-03-2002, 01:27 AM
U know what a load of shit it is when ya pick up the newspaper and creed is being dissed in a music review, then ya turn the page over, and Nsync gets the best review of the lot.

But thats not gonna make me go out of my way on an nsync board and waste my time bashing them, like some people do on this board. I'd rather post good things about my fav band on this board.

Dogstar
10-03-2002, 01:45 AM
You are so right. I like talking about my fave bands. I wade through all the sh** on the Jerry board because occasionally, I find a fun or thought-provoking thread. I admit they are few and far between on that site. That is why I love this bb so much. There are smart, fun, and funny people on the board.
I remember reading one scathing review of Scott and the boys in Atlanta. The writer obviously went in with a bias against them and totatlly regurgitated other crap I have heard over the years, saying things like Scott thinks he Jesus. I mean, come on. At least be original if yer going to bash.

Lady Valkyrie
10-03-2002, 06:55 AM
Personally I really don't give a hoot what the critics say. I mean what critics say are merely their opinions. Someone on here once said opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. It's the same here. Critics can rant and rave all they want about whoever or whatever... however... it all boils down to one thing... what one personally likes or dislikes. I love Linkin Park. I love their first album much more than Reanimation, but I still think reanimation is very good. That is my personal opinion. However others have told me that Reanimation is nothing but a rip-off... that Linkin Park were too lazy to come up with any new material and that reanimation was just a let down. That was their own personal opinion. Nothing that anyone says about Linkin Park or Creed will stop the fact that a crap load of people around the world love these bands and are faithful. Let the critics blow smake out of their rears... the real critics are the fans... they will critique the band(s) much more fairly that those idiotic critics in the media.

allison
10-03-2002, 01:02 PM
You know, Creed wouldn't be the same if it weren't for all the critics. Alot of their songs are in response to those fools who try to cut them down. So actually, thanks to all those buffoons who, in their efforts to badmouth Creed, only made them better!

faceless kiwi
10-03-2002, 04:19 PM
Yep, they are just fueling more great lyrics by scotty.

hayley
10-04-2002, 08:34 PM
YAYE!!! it's about time a GUY called him scotty!!!! good for u faceless, i'm proud of ya!!;) c, i told you u were the best.:P

TeriB19
10-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Mark said in the Rolling Stone article that anytime they get any bad critical words or harsh reactions, "they are just writing another song for us" (something to that effect).

faceless kiwi
10-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Yeah thats exactly what he said.
I've got that rollingstone magazine as well.
Great quote, that 1.

PaulMcCoygirl
10-05-2002, 03:09 AM
"Is This The End"

"..No more sorrow
All those crying days are gone......."

It's my fave lyric because It means to me that if you had a bad yeaar or day you can wash it away and statr all over again.

allison
10-07-2002, 11:54 AM
<b>Mark said in the Rolling Stone article that anytime they get any bad critical words or harsh reactions, "they are just writing another song for us" (something to that effect). </b>

I LOVED that he said that.

souldancer
10-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Today's fav is...
"There's still time, All that has been devastated Can be recreated. Realize. We pick up the broken pieces of our lives.
Giving ourselves to each other."

Dogstar
10-07-2002, 01:53 PM
My fave for today is:

Let's leave all this and get away
Get lost in time
Where there's no reason left to hide
Run in fields of thyme
Where there's no reason left to hide.
No reason to hide.

luvscott4ever
10-07-2002, 06:37 PM
My fave for today is:

Get lost in time
Where there's no reason left to hide
Run in fields of thyme
Where there's no reason left to hide.
No reason to hide.

One of my favs on Weathered!!!

ln2=6.93?
10-08-2002, 02:08 PM
They all move me quite alot. It has been very refreshing to hear a band like creed who have such strong beliefs in the Lord.

They really are like no other christian band I have heard. I identify with them like no other band, my kinda music ;).

It would have to be Whats this life for?

Really gets you thinking and is a bit of a head banging track. Makes people want to headbang then stop mid headbanging and start thinking.

We all live under the riegn of one king!

lol love it

btw im new to this forum :>

allison
10-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ln2=6.93?
They all move me quite alot. It has been very refreshing to hear a band like creed who have such strong beliefs in the Lord.

They really are like no other christian band I have heard. I identify with them like no other band, my kinda music ;). &nbsp;

It would have to be Whats this life for?

Really gets you thinking and is a bit of a head banging track. Makes people want to headbang then stop mid headbanging and start thinking.

We all live under the riegn of one king!

lol love it

btw im new to this forum :>

Welcome to the BB! WTLF is one of my very favorites too. Hmmm, Creed might beg to differ that they are a Christian band though...

ln2=6.93?
10-08-2002, 02:42 PM
tbh I wish I knew more about them, I was wrong to say they have strong beliefs, I don't know if they do or they don't but you could say that about any person. Apologies if I come arcoss abit over the top christian I don't know this forum well.

I see it in thier lyrics, it reaches out to people. Im not sure what the band members themselves testify to. Only what they speak of, I find encouraging.

faceless kiwi
10-08-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ln2=6.93?
tbh I wish I knew more about them, I was wrong to say they have strong beliefs, I don't know if they do or they don't but you could say that about any person. Apologies if I come arcoss abit over the top christian I don't know this forum well. &nbsp;

Welcome to the board!

No problem, it's not the first time creed have been mistaken for a christian band.
U said u wish u knew more about them so:
Creed is not a christian band.
Lead singer scott stapp believes in god. But he doesnt believe in organized religion, and wont step foot inside a church. His belief in god is spiritual and it is just something personal to him.
Hope that helped.

Dogstar
10-08-2002, 06:57 PM
Hey, In2, welcome, FK is right about Scott Stapp. He also was brought up in a strict religious home, which explains a lot of the religious imagery in his lyrics. People usually write what they know. Also, he has said in other interviews that he isn't out to spread a Christian message or convert people. Music touches people in many ways. He tries not to explain or analyze the words; he leaves that up the fans. A song's lyrics can mean many things to many people, depending on how they touch you and what thoughts they inspire.

Dogstar
10-08-2002, 07:05 PM
My fave lyric for today:

I've learned the world is bigger than me.
You're my daily dose of reality.

faceless kiwi
10-08-2002, 07:40 PM
A song's lyrics can mean many things to many people, depending on how they touch you and what thoughts they inspire.

Yep, if your religious then you will be able to relate to the lyrics. Stapp uses a lot of imagery from the bible, coz he was taught that stuff growing up.
And if your not religious you can relate to the lyrics as well, but it will be in a different way.
Its just what the lyrics mean to you, and how you can relate in your life.

Webwitch
10-10-2002, 01:31 PM
There's not enough room on this forum to explain what Creed's music means to me I have 76 page journal for that but after the last two days I would have to say...

At times life’s unfair and you know
it’s plain to see
Hey God I know I’m just a dot in
this world
Have you forgot about me?
Whatever life brings
I’ve been through everything
And now I’m on my knees again

Pretty much sums it up....

Dogstar
10-10-2002, 02:13 PM
You sure have been through the wringer, Webwitch. Hope much better times are ahead for you. Stay strong!

souldancer
10-10-2002, 03:11 PM
Fav for the day...

Life can hold you down
When you're not looking up
Can't you hear the sound?
Hearts beating out loud....

Dogstar
10-10-2002, 03:17 PM
My favorite for today:
I'm just a freedom fighter no remorse
Waging on in holy war
Soon there'll come a day
when your face to face with me.

Guess I'm in defiant mood today:D .

faceless kiwi
10-10-2002, 05:15 PM
Although the names change
Inside we're all the same
Why cant we tear down these walls
To show the scars we're covering

TeriB19
10-10-2002, 09:19 PM
There's still time
All that has been devastated can be recreated
realize
We pick of the broken pieces of our lives
Giving ourselves to each other, ourselves to each other
To rest our head on.

creedfreak
10-11-2002, 08:01 PM
Mine is ALL of With Arms Wide Open because I also have a four year old son that was born around the time Jagger was and when I read the lyrics for the first time I knew that was his song from me to him:crying: it is so beautiful to tell your kids through song.

Dogstar
10-11-2002, 08:34 PM
For today:

They're laid to rest
Before they know just what to do
Their souls are lost
Because they could never find
What's this life for

souldancer
10-13-2002, 02:31 AM
DS, I am thinking of you my friend - now, and especially Sunday.

souldancer
10-13-2002, 02:35 AM
At times life is wicked and I just can't see the light
A silver lining sometimes isn't enough
To make some wrongs seem right

Dogstar
10-13-2002, 03:24 AM
DS, I am thinking of you my friend - now, and especially Sunday.

:angel: Many, many thanks.:angel:

Dogstar
10-13-2002, 03:26 AM
Today's fave:

Sad eyes follow me.
But I still believe there something left for me.
So please come stay with me.
Because I still believe there's something here for you and me, for you and me, for you and me.

TeriB19
10-13-2002, 04:35 AM
Welcome to this place, I'll show you everything.
With arms wide open, now everything has changed
I'll show you love, I'll show you everything.
With arms wide open.

My little one's 3rd birthday is coming up. I'm getting weepy.:P

Dogstar
10-13-2002, 04:38 AM
Awwwwwww, too sweet. I always thing of my nieces and nephews when I hear that song. It's such an expression of joy and worry at the same time.

shane
10-13-2002, 08:22 PM
dont stop dancing is my favorite song, i am in the process of trying to adopt a child and it is a long procedure and i feel by listenting to dont stop dancing, is just getting me through a tough time.:crying: :dancing: :bounce: :bounce:

Dogstar
10-13-2002, 08:26 PM
Good for you and good luck to you. It can be trying. I have two friends who have adopted and though it was a struggle, the reward is incredibly worth it. Isn't it great the way music can help us get through hard times and help us celebrate?

Rolo1446
10-13-2002, 09:20 PM
"Is This The End?"

The rage in my eyes could have compared to the eyes of the sun
Then rain took its course through the hands of the Son
Repent for all time, the world is at war leaving all fault behind

So, Is This The End, for us my friend?

-- great song. All of it. Every last bit. Really made me think.

That and "To Whom It May Concern"

Your eyes stare at me in the dark,
And I hope those eyes don't steal my freedom

-- for some reason, makes me think of sad love memories.

souldancer
10-14-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by shane
dont stop dancing is my favorite song, i am in the process of trying to adopt a child and it is a long procedure and i feel by listenting to dont stop dancing, is just getting me through a tough time.:crying: :dancing: :bounce: :bounce:
Hang tight - your persistence is a testimonial to your loving dedication! What a lucky child to be. Don't stop believing...

OneLastBreath
10-14-2002, 10:00 AM
my favourite song is probably 'Higher', cos i can think of it as about good dreams.
i just like a really good song, and i love dreams, and it brings about how nice it is to have good dreams, and how id like them to be what happens in the world.

allison
10-14-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Rolo1446
<b>"Is This The End?"

The rage in my eyes could have compared to the eyes of the sun
Then rain took its course through the hands of the Son
Repent for all time, the world is at war leaving all fault behind

So, Is This The End, for us my friend?

-- great song. All of it. Every last bit. Really made me think.

That and "To Whom It May Concern"

Your eyes stare at me in the dark,
And I hope those eyes don't steal my freedom

-- for some reason, makes me think of sad love memories. </b>

I only recently got Is This the End on CD and am IN LOVE with the song - the sound and the lyrics- excellent.

faceless kiwi
10-15-2002, 08:22 PM
Hey the lyrics in 'is this the end' that rolo was talking about:

"The world is at war leaving all fault behind."

I know thats what the lyrics are stated as being, but when i listen to the song really closely i hear:

"The world is at war leaving all HOPE behind."

Anyone else agree with me?

Well anywayz my most meaningful lyrics at the moment is in Is this the end as well. That part mentioned above, because of what i've seen on tv about the supposed terrorist bombings in Bali recently, got me thinking about things. Sept 11 happening all over again.
And also- "No more sorrow, all those crying days are gone."

creedsms
10-16-2002, 09:07 PM
The most meaningful song to me would probably be Higher.
Cause everytime i hear it always gives me a boost. It makes me higher. lol. I could listen to that song a trillion times and it will always make me feel good. its a great song.
Thats one song that sticks in my mind. But most of the songs are all meaningful to me.
Also i picked higher because that was the first song that i heard from Creed and i got hooked. from then on i loved them. I also watched there Behing the Music thing on Vh1 like 3-4 times already that pushed me over the top.

I LOVE CREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tremontifanatic
10-17-2002, 01:03 AM
OK.......SO I THINK IM STUCK ON WHAT LYRICS MY FAVORITE........BUT TRY THIS ONE ON FOR SIZE EVERYONE..AND SEE IF IT DONT FLOAT..........

"...NEXT TIME I SEE THIS FACE, ILL SAY I CHOOSE TO LIVE FOR ALWAYS. SO WONT YOU COME INSIDE AND NEVER GO AWAY..."

souldancer
10-17-2002, 01:16 AM
Oh! Love that song! FM and Inside us All get me though some rough times...

Fav lyrics now...
"I know I can't hold the hate inside my mind
'cause what consumes your thoughts controls your life"

Dogstar
10-17-2002, 01:21 AM
My fave for today:

What if you did?
What if you lied?
What if your words'
Could be judge like a crime?

TeriB19
10-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Hands on a window watching some children laugh and play
Inspired to question, what makes us grown-ups anyway?

souldancer
10-18-2002, 01:41 PM
Children don't stop dancing
Believe you can fly
Away...away.
Am I hding inthe shadows?
Are we hiding in the shadows?

Why? Seeing the pain, confusion and abandonment of adolescents - and particularly feeling the hurt and exhaustion of my nephew, spending years hiding in the shadows.

Dogstar
10-18-2002, 03:51 PM
SD...:angel:

For today:
What're you going to do with your gifted child
Give life, give love, give soul
Divided is the one who dances,
For the soul is so exposed.
So exposed.

hayley
10-18-2002, 04:46 PM
For today:
I'm holding onto what i think is safe.

TeriB19
10-19-2002, 09:21 AM
One touch on the head, we believe.

Dogstar
10-19-2002, 12:48 PM
One, oh one, the only way is one.

stealmyfreedom
10-19-2002, 09:51 PM
It's a draw between What If and To Whom It May Concern........

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 09:15 AM
The goal is to be unified, take my hand, be my brother.

souldancer
10-21-2002, 01:04 AM
There is a peace inside us all
Let it be your friend
It will help you carry on in the end

..because it is so true!

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 01:09 AM
Believe what you will
That is your right
But I choose to win
So I choose to fight

Dogstar
10-31-2002, 01:27 AM
For today...

Hooray for the child that makes it through.

faceless kiwi
10-31-2002, 08:01 PM
That's my fav lyric right now as well.
The entire first verse to wtlf.

Read JDM
10-31-2002, 08:32 PM
<b>With Arms Wide Open - "We stand in awe, we created life."</b>

That's definitely my pick, too.

JenRN
10-31-2002, 11:38 PM
Yes Teri and Read I would have to agree!! About WAWO... very touching song!!