Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
You know what's funny? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : You know what's funny?

Lechium
03-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Weapons of mass destruction were used only twice in the history of mankind (aside of testing).

First time in Hiroshima in 1945 and than couple hours later Nagasaki... they mostly killed civilians and were not targeting military areas at all... that's it, noone has used wmd since than... something for you guys to think about...

Steve
03-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Why's that funny?

RMadd
03-03-2004, 07:30 PM
You think it's funny b/c people make a big stink over heinous, untrustworthy dictators and responsible nations possessing these armaments?

GeeK_2004
03-03-2004, 10:16 PM
I dont find anything funny about that ....

:wtf: :dunno:

creedsister
03-03-2004, 10:31 PM
I dont find anything funny about that ....

:wtf: :dunno: whoooooooooo Girl You are so right u cant be wrong,,I forgot to laugh it was so funny!!!! I tell u something Funny Mcdonalds I waited like 10 mintues for the dude to bring me ketchup At the window!! He came back and told me he couldnt Find it...Geesh I would have bought it if he said they were out of it...But he couldnt find it!!!Please

RMadd
03-03-2004, 11:11 PM
But he couldnt find it!!!Please
Hey... you never know, maybe the guy was new but too damn scerred to ask.

Higher_Desire
03-04-2004, 12:10 AM
I think he meant "funny" as "interesting." And, yes, it is interesting that they haven't been used since WW2. Hmm.

H-D :music:

HoundDog
03-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Yep, funny as in interesting, doesn't take a genious to figure that one out.. :D

facelessman
03-04-2004, 12:19 AM
First time in Hiroshima in 1945 and than couple hours later Nagasaki...
it was more like 3 days

Lechium
03-04-2004, 02:55 AM
It is funny because the only country to ever use WMD is the one that is going all crazy about others having those. It's a lot like doctor who performs abortions, and is picketing abortion clinics in his spare time.

facelessman
03-04-2004, 03:05 AM
well you have to consider that it was 1945 compared to 2003, truman compared to bush, and the fact that in 1945 we were the only ones to have this technology. now a country can simply buy it, which has and does happen.

WeatheredWoman
03-04-2004, 06:31 AM
Yep, funny as in interesting, doesn't take a genious to figure that one out.. :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggh!!! HoundDog!!! What happened to Ozzy??????

Ok ok soooooooooooooo Off-Topic... I know! :dunno:

TeriB19
03-04-2004, 11:08 AM
It is funny because the only country to ever use WMD is the one that is going all crazy about others having those. It's a lot like doctor who performs abortions, and is picketing abortion clinics in his spare time.
No, I don't believe it's like that analogy at all. I believe it's more like we saw the havoc that it wreaked back then and we don't want to see it happening again, anywhere to anyone. Faceless is right, any madman can get his hands on a WMD today and use it in any crazy way he chooses. I could see your point if every American president used WMD's like they were bullets, but 1945 was the first and last time atomic weapons were used.

GeeK_2004
03-04-2004, 12:47 PM
whoooooooooo Girl You are so right u cant be wrong,,I forgot to laugh it was so funny!!!! I tell u something Funny Mcdonalds I waited like 10 mintues for the dude to bring me ketchup At the window!! He came back and told me he couldnt Find it...Geesh I would have bought it if he said they were out of it...But he couldnt find it!!!Please

:chillpill :chillpill :chillpill

RMadd
03-04-2004, 12:49 PM
perhaps a doctor who performed abortions 60 years ago, and now despises the practice.......

Lechium
03-04-2004, 04:46 PM
perhaps a doctor who performed abortions 60 years ago, and now despises the practice.......

This analogy does not work, because as we speak US is making WMD of it's own, and commencing research on making more efficient WMD.

Mulletman
03-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Before you open your mouth once more, do your damn homework.

Ancient Times -- Chemical and biological warfare isn't new. Even in ancient times, war wasn't all swords and longbows. Even crude chemical and biological weapons create fear and panic.

- 1000 BC. Arsenic smoke used by the Chinese.
- 600 BC. During a siege of the city, Solon of Athens poisoned the drinking water of Kirrha.
- 184 BC: In a sea battle, Hannibal of Carthage hurled clay pots full of vipers onto the decks of enemy ships.
- Dating back to at least the 1100s, there are many examples of hurling the bodies of plague or smallpox victims over city walls.
- 1400s: Leonardo da Vinci proposed an arsenic-based anti-ship weapon.
- 1495: The Spanish offered wine spiked with the blood of leprosy patients to the French near Naples.
- 1650: Polish artillery general Siemenowics fired spheres filled with the saliva of rabid dogs at his enemies.

Civil War Era -- Biological and chemical warfare is no stranger to American soil. Not all bioterror comes from overseas.

- In 1763, British officers came up with a plan to distribute smallpox-infected blankets to Native Americans at Fort Pitt, Pennsylvania.
- During the Civil War, future Kentucky governor Luke Blackburn, MD, sold Union troops clothing contaminated with smallpox and yellow fever.
- Near the end of the Civil War, Grant's army was stalled outside Richmond during the siege of Petersburg, Virginia. There was a plan -- not acted upon -- to attack the Confederate trenches with a cloud of hydrochloric and sulfuric acids.

World War I -- Unrestricted use of chemical agents caused 1 million of the 26 million casualties suffered by all sides in WWI. It started with the French and British use of tear gas, but soon escalated to more toxic poisons. The horror of chemical weapons left the world reeling. The Geneva Convention made an attempt to severely limit their future use in warfare.

- October 1914: German artillery fire 3,000 shells filled with dianisidine chlorosulfate, a lung irritant, at British troops.
- In late 1914, German scientist Fritz Haber came up with the idea of creating a cloud of poison gas by using thousands of cylinders filled with chlorine. Deployed in April 1915 during the battle for Ypres, France, the attack might have broken the Allied lines if German troops understood how to follow up the gas attack.
- By 1915, Allied troops made their own chorine gas attacks. It led to a race for more and more toxic chemicals. Germany came up with diphosgene gas; the French tried cyanide gas.
- In July 1917, Germany introduced mustard gas, which burned the skin as well as the lungs.

World War II -- Between the two world wars, scientists from many nations came up with ever-more horrible chemical weapons. The winner in this chemical arms race was Germany. First, in 1936, German chemist Gerhart Schrader came up with a nerve agent that came to be called tabun. Around 1938, Schrader came up with a new nerve gas several times more deadly than tabun. It came to be called sarin. Also in the 1930s, France, England, Canada (Mullet Note: OMG! Dare my eyes decieve me? Did I just see the all-mighty Canada?), Japan, and Germany had large-scale biological weapons programs largely focusing on anthrax, botulinum toxin, plague, and other diseases.

- In 1935, Fascist Italy invaded Ethiopia. Ignoring the Geneva Protocol, which it signed seven years earlier, Italy used chemical weapons with devastating effect. Most effective was mustard gas dropped in bombs or sprayed from airplanes. Also effective was the mustard agent in powdered form, which was spread on the ground.
- The Japanese invasion of China featured both chemical and biological attacks. The Japanese reportedly attacked Chinese troops with mustard gas and another blistering agent called Lewisite. In attacking the Chinese, Japan also spread cholera, dysentery, typhoid, plague, and anthrax.
- Germany used a cyanide-based gas to massacre Jewish civilians in concentration camps.

The Cold War -- While the nuclear arms race got the most attention, both Soviet and Western governments put enormous resources into developing chemical and biological weapons.

- In the 1950s, British and U.S. researchers came up with VX, a nerve gas so toxic that a single drop on the skin can kill in 15 minutes.
- In the 1980s and 1990s, Soviet researchers came up with the so-called Novichok agents. These were new and highly lethal nerve agents.
The U.S. explored the use of psychedelic agents to incapacitate enemy troops. One of these agents, called BZ, was allegedly used in the Vietnam War.
- In 1967, the International Red Cross said mustard gas and possibly nerve agents were used by the Egyptians against civilians in the Yemen civil war.
- In 1969, 23 U.S. servicemen and one U.S. civilian were exposed to sarin in Okinawa, Japan, while cleaning bombs filled with the deadly nerve agent. The announcement set off furor: The weapons had been kept secret from Japan.
- In 1972, the U.S. and the U.S.S.R signed an international treaty banning the use of biological agents. By 1973, the U.S. reported that all its remaining biological weapons were destroyed.
- In 1979, the Soviet bioweapons facility in Sverdlovsk released a plume of anthrax. It killed at least 64 people. If the wind had been blowing the other way, thousands could have died. Despite the treaty banning biological weapons, the Soviet program had been going full speed.
- In 1982, the U.S. claimed that Laos and Vietnam used chemical and biological weapons in Laos and in Cambodia. The U.S. also said that Soviet forces used chemical weapons -- including nerve gas -- during their invasion of Afghanistan.

Iran - Iraq War -- Iraq attacked Iran in 1980. Soon thereafter, it unleashed chemical weapons: a mustard agent and the nerve agent tabun, delivered in bombs dropped by airplanes.

- An estimated 5% of Iranian casualties were due to the use of chemical weapons.
- Soon after the war ended in 1988, Iraq appears to have used chemical weapons in attacks on Kurdish civilians.
- It was alleged that Libya used chemical weapons -- obtained from Iran -- in attacks on neighboring Chad.

Terrorism
- In 1974, acting alone, a Yugoslav immigrant named Muharem Kubergovic warned the Los Angeles Times that he was the chief military officer of a group preparing nerve-gas attacks. Because he said the first target would be "A" for airport, the press dubbed him the Alphabet Bomber. After his arrest, police found chemical weapons hidden in his apartment, including about 20 pounds of cyanide gas.
- In 1984, federal agents raided an armed camp run by a white-supremacist, anti-Semitic group called The Covenant, The Sword, The Arm of the Lord. The group was alleged to have blown up a natural-gas pipeline and to have committed several other crimes in 1983. After the group's surrender, authorities found 30 gallons of potassium cyanide.
- In 1984, followers of Bhagwan Shri Rashneesh sprinkled homegrown salmonella bacteria on supermarket produce, door handles, and restaurant salad bars in Oregon. Nobody died, but 751 people became ill. The poisonings were preparation for attacks meant to keep voters home during a local election in which a cult member was running for a county judgeship. Prosecution of cult leaders led to the dispersement of the organization.
- In 1994, federal authorities charged two members of an anti-government militia, the Minnesota Patriots Council, with planning to use biological weapons for terror attacks. The men were stockpiling ricin, a biological toxin. Both were convicted.
- In 1994, residents of Matsumoto, Japan, began turning up with symptoms of illness due to nerve gas. There were seven deaths and some 500 injuries. This was a test run for a second attack in 1995 in a Tokyo subway, in which 12 people died and thousands sought medical attention. The attacks came from the apocalyptic Aum Shinrikyo cult, which was also trying to develop biological weapons based on botulism and Ebola virus.
- In October 2001, an editor at the Florida-based tabloid The Sun died of anthrax traced to a letter. A newsroom employee also contracted anthrax but recovered. Meanwhile, anthrax-laden letters turned up at the offices of ABC, CBS, and NBC in New York. Several employees, as well as a New Jersey mail handler and a child that was in the ABC offices, developed cutaneous anthrax. Anthrax also is found in the New York office of Gov. George Pataki. In the same month, letters containing anthrax arrived at the Senate mailroom. Overall, 19 people developed anthrax infections; five died. Some 10,000 U.S. residents took two-month courses of antibiotics after possible anthrax exposures. The perpetrator(s) of these attacks has not yet been identified. Because the anthrax was of weapons grade or near-weapons grade, it appears to have come from a sophisticated laboratory.

I cannot stress this enough, so tatoo it on your face if you have to so you wont forget. Ever. Weapons of Mass destruction is exactly what it sounds like, Weapons of Mass Destruction. This is not to be limited to nuclear or Atomic weapons. Any, and I repeat ANY weapon with has the power to kill thousands of people is a weapon of mass destruction. Just because we have not found a nuke does not mean that thats all that we are looking for. Which strangly enough, did you know our boys have found blistering agents? Did you know that the troops have found other biological and chemical agents? When you see or hear WMD, dont just limit it to a nuke.

Steve
03-04-2004, 06:15 PM
^^^

:clap:

SCOTTSMYMAN
03-04-2004, 06:17 PM
:bow2:

RMadd
03-04-2004, 06:18 PM
I was gonna say... I thought chemical warfare was inclusive under WMD's, and those have been around quite long. Perhaps, lech, you should clarify what you mean when saying "weapons of mass destruction"...

Lechium
03-04-2004, 09:00 PM
I did not know that 1650AD is concidered to be ancient times............ whoa

Aimee
03-04-2004, 09:18 PM
whoooooooooo Girl You are so right u cant be wrong,,I forgot to laugh it was so funny!!!! I tell u something Funny Mcdonalds I waited like 10 mintues for the dude to bring me ketchup At the window!! He came back and told me he couldnt Find it...Geesh I would have bought it if he said they were out of it...But he couldnt find it!!!Please

haha...that is funny

TeriB19
03-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Wow, Lech, great reply.

Outstanding, Mullet. You rock.

Bridge of Clay
03-04-2004, 09:47 PM
So facelessman, according to what you said, only US can have WMD so US can threat others??? I think no one should have it. Not even US. but that's just me.

I was about to post what Mulletman posted. Well, not all of that, but didn't Saddam Hussein use chemical or bio weapons in the early 90's (if I'm not wrong) against Iran???

Xterminator27
03-04-2004, 10:43 PM
mullet you have to much time on your hands,

oh and last time i cheacked, throwing snakes at yoru enemys wasnt considered a "weapon of mass destruction"